Why knees hurt after runningRun helps strengthen the cardiovascular system, strengthens the muscles, the immune system and develops the body as a whole. But many people face a problem: they hurt their knees after running. Why does this discomfort arise?
If you do not properly prepare for the lesson, there is often a pain in the knee when running. Improperly selected shoes, unprepared for prolonged running of the muscles lead to the appearance of a pain symptom and discomfort in the legs. But if there is a regular pain in the knee after running, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
Causes of knee pain
Why do my knees hurt? Anatomically the knee has a complex structure and consists of a knee joint, connected with the muscles of the legs and their tendons. The reasons for the pain after running can be very many.
- Meniscal injury. The pain is of a regular nature, appearing during sudden movements, descending the stairs, lifting weights.
- If the ligaments are damaged, they may be torn or stretched. Usually, pain occurs when there is a strong overstrain in the knee joint, with increased training.
- Arthritis - inflammation of the joints. Occurs because of injuries or infections. At the beginning of the disease the joint swells, there is a sharp pain when running or walking. Chronic form can manifest itself by changing the appearance of the knee. Arthritis often hurts the back, as the disease affects the spine.
Inflammation of cartilage leads to bone injury
Arthrosis causes destruction of cartilage in joints with subsequent deformation. Chronic disease, in the advanced stage, complete immobilization of the joint is possible.
- Synovitis is an excessive accumulation of the intramuscular fluid. It occurs, as a rule, in the knee and elbow joints. In most cases, it is caused by an infection that penetrates into the synovial fluid.
- Polyarthritis has the same symptoms as arthritis, but infects several joints at once.
- Tendonitis is a chronic disease that affects the tendon. The illness develops very slowly, at the first stage the pain appears only with running or heavy load, further manifesting itself in a calm state.
- Sore feet and low back when running often due to flat feet, since the load on the foot is not distributed correctly.
- A traumatized backbone can also cause knee pain after running.
Since the knee has a very complex structure, the appearance of pain after running can be caused by pathologies of ligaments, tendons, knee joints, and other causes not directly related to the knee.
Prevention of pain when running
Proper preparation will reduce the risk of pain when running.
- When walking, jogging, jumping, the load on the legs increases. Use of special footwear will reduce the likelihood of injury when doing sports. Shoes should sit well on the foot and carefully fix the heel.
- Knee joint is distinguished by great mobility, but it is necessary to prepare carefully before running: the muscles of the legs should be warmed up well. A lot of work is done on the spine during running, so warm-up should be done, taking this into account: warm up also the muscles of the back.
- It is advisable to practice in specially designated places for this. An uneven surface increases the risk of injury when running. Unfavorable for running are asphalted paths, as with a dense coating, the load on the knees and spine increases.
During training, distribute the body weight evenly over the entire foot. With the emphasis on only the socks or heels, there is an additional load on the joints of the legs and spine.
During the session, it is essential to observe the correct breathing technique. This will help reduce the burden on the cardiovascular system, as well as increase the effectiveness of the exercise. During running, the body needs oxygen several times more than at rest. Frequent intermittent breathing does not fill the oxygen supply in the lungs. Smooth breathing with an emphasis on exhalation helps to increase lung ventilation. Mouth breathing is considered incorrect, this increases the possibility of microbes and dust entering the throat, contributing to the occurrence of various infections. Specialists recommend mixed breathing, in which oxygen enters through the nose and exits through the mouth.
Ways to relieve pain in the knee
What if I get a knee during running? The main thing is to stop overstraining the sick joint. It is necessary to relax the spine, it is advisable to put the foot on the dais.
What to do with the appearance of pain:
- can wear a bandage on the knee, which will help relieve the burden on the affected joint;
- cold and hot compresses will help to quickly cool and anesthetize the inflamed place, you can use warming ointments;
- should not be completely abandoned, it can lead to even more injuries;
- anti-inflammatory and anesthetic drugs will help to quickly remove the pain symptom.
Constant loads lead to knee injury even with the proper running organization. Loads should be distributed evenly, gradually increasing over time. If you have an injury, you should always contact a trauma doctor.
It used to be that constant running runs develop osteochondrosis of the knee joints. But at one of the conferences of rheumatologists in America it was refuted. Classes jogging strengthen the spine, reduce the body mass index, which helps reduce the burden on the joints.
Diseases of the joint
Why the development of arthrosis, arthritis, periarthritis, rheumatism, bursitis, synovitis and other pathologies of the knee joint causes pain? This is due to pathological changes in the knee joint and lesion of its tissues. The presence of these diseases will certainly cause pain.
Vascular disorders of
In cases of vascular disorders that feed the joint area, intermittent pains appear. They do not have a clear place of defeat, they pass by themselves. This disease mainly affects children of adolescence. Bone growth occurs faster than vascular growth. Also, the cause of circulatory disorders may be the appearance of cholesterol plaques, narrowing the lumen in the blood vessel.
There are factors leading to incorrect joint movements, which after a while will lead to inflammation. Also, ligamentous sprains can occur, the trauma of the meniscus acquires a chronic form. This can be provoked:
- Running on an uneven surface. There is an uneven load on the joints, constantly appear microtraumas, contributing to the development of chronic inflammation and the appearance of pain;
- Wrong running technique. This is due to the unsuccessful position of the leg or body during running. The vertical load on the joint becomes larger, this causes compression of the joint structures and tissues;
- Flat-footed, in which there is an uneven arch of the foot, so the leg can not spring properly when running, which causes a load on the knee;
- Shoes that are picked up incorrectly. Do not choose too loose or tight shoes;
- Lack of warm-up. Before running it is necessary to warm up, as untrained muscles during the running will not warm up unevenly, which will cause incorrect movement of the joint.
Treatment of the
problem You can not start treatment without identifying the cause of the pain. Why? Pain can be caused by a disease, then a complete examination and diagnosis of the disease is needed. But you can remove the pain syndrome by the following means.
- The joint should be fixed with a bandage or elastic bandage. Fixation must be reliable.
- A cold compress will help to reduce the pain syndrome. Such compresses must be applied through the tissue. Change the source of cold an hour after a 15 minute compress. You can repeat 3-4 times.
- You can lift the pain by lifting your leg above the body level. To do this, you need to lie down comfortably, and put something under your foot, for comfort.
If the above methods are ineffective, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs will help. However, it is worth remembering that you still need to see a doctor. It will help to identify the exact cause of pain and give recommendations for correcting the training. Drugs with glucosamine and chondroitin may be prescribed. They help restore joint tissues and ligament fibers.
For chronic pain,
- Always fix the knee with a bandage or bandage.
- Use warm compresses or warming ointments. This facilitates the acceleration of metabolic processes in tissues that are affected.
- You need to start classes with a warm-up.
- If the pain has worsened while running, you should stop training, but do not immediately stop, and continue to run slower, then step, then you can stop completely.
To prevent pain, the following rules should be observed:
- Running is necessary on the ground. It is not recommended to choose asphalt or paved surface for running.
- During the race, you must adhere to the correct technique. To do this, put your foot straight, rolling smoothly from the heel to the toe.
- Shoes should be with a flexible front and a hard back. Lacing should not be tight;
- The increase in loads should be gradual.
- You need to thoroughly knead your legs before and after your workout.
Excessive stress can cause pain even if the rules are observed. When pain occurs, a mandatory visit to the doctor is necessary.
Sick knees after running
Very often knee pains after running from the fact that the leg is not moving properly. Rather, there is an incorrect movement of the joint itself. This occurs when running on rough terrain, with the wrong technique of running, with flat feet, in which there is an incorrect position of the feet, with incorrectly selected shoes, in the absence of warm-up.
It turns out that this place can be sick during or after running, for various reasons. Often, it is simply impossible to determine the reason that applies to you on your own. In order to identify the true cause, you must always consult a doctor. Only an experienced specialist, based on complaints, on examination and on tests, will be able to correctly diagnose and prescribe the only correct treatment for pain in the knee.
In acute pain, it is better to immediately stop running, and then the joint itself at the time to release from any load. After this, the knee should be wrapped in a flexible bandage. Instead of bandage, you can use special bandages.
In order to relieve pain, it is advisable to apply a cold compress to the painful leg. In this case, the hot water bottle with ice water or an ice pack must be wrapped in a terry towel. If you do not, you can get frostbite. Keep such a cold compress is recommended for no more than 15 minutes. The procedure is best done 3 - 4 times, every hour.
The leg should always be placed on the pillow so that it is above the level of the head. This is necessary in order that blood does not flow to the inflamed area, and the inflammation would become even stronger.
You can take a tablet of analgin or another analgesic. However, if the pain does not pass, then you should definitely consult a doctor.
If pain in the knee joint occurs more and more often during running, then it is possible to suspect some kind of chronic disease. In order to find out the cause of these pains, you should always consult a doctor. Also, you can get all necessary consultations from him, and also learn about whether you can run further. It is likely that the doctor will advise you to start taking such drugs as chondroprotectors, which will help restore the joint itself and its connections.
In this case, most likely, you will have to constantly wear a bandage or elastic bandage. But the use of special ointments will help to remove inflammation and speed up the metabolic processes in a sore spot, which is very important in order that the disease does not become painful even more.
To avoid pain in the knee while running, it is better to do it not on asphalt, but on level ground. And before you start the exercises themselves, you must always observe the correct technique of running. If you do not know exactly how to run in order not to heavily burden your knees, you should always contact a specialist who can tell you everything and show you.
Special attention should be paid to shoes. Choose only the "right" sneakers that fit exactly in size, with a flexible nose and a hard back that will support the arch well.
It should be remembered that the load during running should be uniform and gradual. If this rule is not followed, then the muscles can be severely strained, and this, again - causes pain in the knee.
If you can not cope with the pain yourself, and it arises again and again, then the run should be stopped. In some cases, stopping the load on your knees helps to completely get rid of the pain. However, a visit to the doctor is still necessary. At least to make sure that everything is in order with your legs.
Why do the knees ache after running and during?forces do not run easy?
First of all, it's not usual. Secondly, you need to buy sneakers for running, according to the size that would sit. And run on socks. A small pace. Minutes on 40. Better every morning or evening, once we took up running.
If you have a damaged cartilage, this article will help you http://cool-body.ru/?p=575
Knees do not cope with the load, continue to run further with pains - there will be problems with the meniscus, andthen it's not funny anymore. Most likely sneakers with a thick protector on the heel and on it and you step on when running - you need to change both the running technique and shoes, and now with mazhuki knees to smear and wait until it passes.
By the way, all sorts of stretch marks and statical stands are not much less burning calories than running, you can do them at home.
Well, without a diet, any sport before the bulb - will not lose weight:)
Do not run on the asphalt, only the ground.
Buy glucosamine. Do not straighten your knees completely, ie, go to a slightly bent leg, see the technique of running in the yutube, it's full.
Read the recommendations how to start running, if necessary, then ask your question))
During the running there is a shock load. Since before you did not train and your knees are not used, then they hurt.
To strengthen the knees it is worth doing sit-ups 50 times a day 2-3 times a week. Or sit on the rug
on the heels.http: //mediasubs.ru/group/uploads/ve/ ves-kak-ya-hochu-legko-i-navsegda /image2/ wNDJiNDk2.jpg
It takes time for the knees to adapt. Regularity and persistence will solve this problem.
You can part of the distance at the beginning. It is always difficult to begin. It seems that the whole world is against you.
But the result will come and these problems will disappear by themselves.
you can not run around. I did it when I got a knee. I'm linking this with the fact that you can not go straight to running. Joints are not ready. I began to walk with earphones( well distracting from the freaks who look at you( I'm doing for example on bars and sitting around smoking children and drinking a jaguar looking at me))) I overcame myself).You can walk every day for 40-60 minutes. For 3 months in combination with the diet managed to remove 12 kg)