There are 2 main methods of treating flatfoot: surgically and conservatively.
Conservative treatment of flatfoot includes -
foot massage, foot baths, electrophoresis, curative gymnastics, wearing orthopedic shoes, special insoles, etc. and is prescribed in the first and second stages of flatfoot development. In some cases, conservative methods of treatment are ineffective, and therefore require surgical treatment.
Also, surgical treatment is required to treat the third stage of flatfoot. There are several types of operations with flat feet, but the main goal of surgical treatment is shortening of ligaments, correction of the arches of the foot and elimination of the effects of flat feet( for example, deviation of the first toe of the foot).
Flat feet in children.
All children are born with imaginary flat feet, which is explained by the abundance of subcutaneous fat in the foot. A peculiarity of imaginary childish flat feet is that as children grow older, they naturally get rid of flat feet: with the development of walking and running, muscles develop and the child's foot takes on the usual outlines. The full formation of the arches of the foot is completed by 3 years. In this regard, a flat foot in children under three years can not be attributed to a true flat foot.
In childhood, congenital and acquired flat feet occur. The cause of congenital flat feet are the developmental defects of the foot in the intrauterine period.
Acquired flat feet in children is usually due to the following factors:
- Overweight child
- Wearing substandard shoes( too soft or too hard sole, rubber shoes, too high heel or missing)
- Rickets and calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the child
- Incorrectly fused fracture
- Prolonged bed rest with severe illnesses
- During puberty, hormonal changes cause a prolonged muscle spasm and can lead to flat feet
- Excessive joint mobility
- Heavy lifting( for example, when wearing younger brothers or sisters)
- Intensified ballet classes
What are the consequences of flat feet in a child?
Children with a flatfoot disrupt the important function of the foot - depreciation. As a result, the vibration of the body during walking and running is transmitted to the shin, hip joints, spine, etc. Prolonged irritation of the joints leads to their inflammation-arthrosis. The effect of flat feet on the spine is the development of curvature of the spine, or scoliosis in children. Such symptoms of flat feet, such as leg pain, fatigue, headaches lead to reduced school performance.
How to determine if there is a flatfoot in a child?
To determine the presence of flat feet in a child can a doctor orthopedist, but at home you can conduct a simple test for the presence of flat feet in the child.
To carry out the test( planography), it is necessary to lubricate the foot of the child's foot with vegetable oil and put it on a clean sheet of paper.
The result is a footprint of the child, from which you can determine the state of the arch of the foot. Normally, the cut on the foot is 2/3 of its width.
With flat feet, there is either no or a small cutout. If you notice a change after this test, you should show the child to an orthopedic doctor.
How to choose the right shoes for a child?
For the correct formation of the arches of the foot, the child must buy high-quality shoes. The child's shoes must have a hard back, fixing the heel, a small heel with a height of half a centimeter( no more and no less), and an insole with a small elastic thickening( instep) on the inside of the foot.
Treatment of flat feet.
The main goal of flatfoot treatment is to eliminate pain in the foot, strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the leg and restore the functions of the foot. There are two main methods of treating flatfoot: surgically( surgery) and conservative way.
Among the conservative methods of flatfoot treatment is allocated therapeutic gymnastics, massage, foot baths, physiotherapy, wearing the right orthopedic footwear or insoles.
Treatment of flat feet in a child at the earliest stage of the disease, with the inconsistency of the ligaments of the foot is reduced to the appointment of rest, the temporary cessation of sports. We recommend warm foot baths and massage. An effective method of treatment at an early stage of flatfoot development is the foot bath, the bottom of which is packed with river pebbles. The child is offered to roll stones in the water with his feet.
For the prevention and treatment of flat feet in children, the following set of exercises can be used:
- Skate on the floor with a foot of a rolling pin or a small ball.
- A napkin is placed on the floor, which is suggested to be crushed with the help of a foot.
- The child is offered to collect his toes and move from place to place the objects scattered on the floor.
- Circular movements with feet outside and inside.
- Standing on socks, reduce and spread the heels, without taking your fingers off the floor.
- Grasp the ball with both stops and lift it, keeping it between the stops.
- Alternately walk on toes, on the heels, on the outer edges of the feet.
- Rolling from heel to toe.
- Walk on the ribbed surface( massage mat, sand, pebbles).
- Walking on a log, climbing a rope.
Get rid of flatfoot, and prevent it from appearing in your child's help a simple, but very effective set of exercises. It is important not to be lazy and engage in as often as possible. Everything is in your hands!
Treatment of flatfoot at home
Treatment of flat feet primarily involves strengthening those muscles that support the arch of the foot. For this, there are various options that you can use at home:
1) Strengthening the body .
A natural foot contact with the ground provides massage for a variety of active points located on the surface of the foot. As a result, not only the muscles of the foot are strengthened, but the whole organism as a whole.
It is especially useful to walk barefoot on sand or pebbles, on uneven ground( hillocks), and also on logs.
Swimming also refers to this kind of strengthening of the foot muscles, especially the use of the crochet style. Rowing with a foot, which is actively used in this form of swimming, also helps to strengthen the muscles of the foot.
2) Physical training ,
However, it should be remembered that in severe clinical manifestations of the disease( such as pain and swelling), some physical exercises cause an unbearable strain on the feet.
In such a case it is necessary to avoid such sports exercises as running skates, skiing. Light exercises, in any case, will be useful, since they help strengthen the body.
3) Gymnastics .
In addition to sports, it is necessary to accustom yourself to the daily implementation of a set of exercises, and they need to perform not one but at least 2-3 times a day. We present you a list of such exercises, they must be done barefoot, each 8-12 times.
- Starting position - sitting with straight legs .It is necessary to stroke the lower extremity of the left foot with the inner edge of the right foot. Then do the same, but changing the legs: the inner edge of the left foot strokes the lower leg of the right leg.
- Starting position - sitting on a chair :
- bend toes
Flatness: prevention, treatment, causes, symptomsThe onset of the disease is possible in childhood or adulthood. The rickety type is possible, as you already guessed, because of rickets. Because of the disease, there is no normal development of bones. Traumatic type appears as a result of fractures of the ankle joint, bones of the foot. In addition, the trauma of the ligaments and muscles that strengthen the arches of the foot, is also capable of provoking the disease. Paralytic platypodia is possible because of the transferred poliomyelitis. Static appearance occurs in more than 75% of the disease.
Symptoms of flatfoot in adultsFlat feet, the first symptoms of which can be manifested by pain in the legs after a long standing or while walking. And also, the disease is characterized by the following clinical signs:
- 1) The feet are painful even after a light load.
- 2) Looking at your old shoes, you notice that it is worn from the inside and is worn out.
- 3) Ankles become swollen.
- 4) Noticeably an increase in legs in length and width, the old models of shoes are already small to you.
- 5) It's impossible to walk on stiletto heels.
- 6) During the last stage of the disease, apart from the legs, the lumbar spine is gradually worried, walking becomes painful. Headaches are possible.
- stops swelling at the end of the day( see causes of edema on the legs).
- feet quickly get tired.
- , when pressed in the middle of the foot, soreness is felt.
- sore leg: foot, ankle, lower leg.
- to choose the right shoes is really difficult.
- possible soreness in the lumbar region.
- longitudinal arch is not noticeable, the foot is swollen, the heel is flattened.
- standard shoes can not be worn.
- soreness in front of the foot,
- appearance of calluses;
Degrees of flatfootLet's call general indicators of degrees of development of the disease. The first is weakly expressed, it does not greatly disturb the patient. You can visually see the onset of the disease visually. The second degree or moderately expressed form often has pronounced changes. The disease is more pronounced, you gradually experience soreness in the ankle, foot. Visually visible are heavy movements and clubfoot. In the third form, a complete deformation occurs. Violated the functions of the musculoskeletal system, there may be more serious diseases. The soreness is very strong, it hurts to walk, and it's difficult to play sports. We call three stages of the longitudinal type of the disease.
- At the first degree of longitudinal flatfoot there is rapid fatigue of the legs. The soreness is not obvious, the patient can feel uncomfortable sensations when putting on shoes. Sometimes puffiness is possible in the morning.
- With the second form, the pain is more pronounced, sometimes it is very strong, the ankles and the shin extend. This degree complicates walking, making an ugly gait.
- With the third form of uneasy incessant pain in the leg: foot, shin, sometimes makes itself felt lumbar. Also visible swelling in the joints of the foot.
Degrees in transverse flatfootIn this case, the transverse arch of the foot becomes large, the length of the leg decreases. The big toes gradually deviate from the others, becoming a kind of hammer. The transverse type of flat feet is characteristic for a female over thirty years of age. Disturb the corns, the bone grows on the fingers. When the first form of this type of flatfoot periodically hurt feet, the front part is painful. At the second form there is soreness under the head of metatarsal bones. During the third degree the pain intensifies, usually corns appear in large quantities.
Flat feet in childrenAccording to medical statistics, more than half of the children at 6-7 years of age appear to exhibit flat feet. To avoid flat feet in the future, you should treat yourself, starting with childhood. To correct the arch of the foot is really up to 13 years, until it is fully formed. This diagnosis is given to children from three to five years. Sometimes, from the very birth or from the beginning of circulation, heel-valgus feet are visible. By the age of three they become flat-valgus. Until the age of three, flat feet do not exist, since a fat pad appears on the inside of the foot. It is an additional shock absorber when walking. The most actual types of flat feet in children are: longitudinal, transverse, flat-valgus feet and a mixed type of flatfoot. Plantogram is one of the most effective methods of diagnosing a child. To diagnose the foot, the baby is spread with a special liquid, after which the area that has been painted is analyzed. Due to age-related features, the diagnosis of flat feet in children is complicated. It is better to consult an orthopedic doctor, he will correctly identify the symptoms of flat feet. What can parents do? If the child slumps, perhaps, the presence of valgus platypodia. When the baby comes in when walking to the front edge of the foot, you should also contact the doctor for help. The foot is best formed in natural conditions. Therefore, in the summer, let the child walk barefoot on the grass, sand, stones. A certain physical load is important: moving games, walking. The child should not wear old shoes after someone: the load can be mis-distributed in the foot. In addition, make sure that the child is sitting at the table with an even posture.
Treatment of flat feet in adults and childrenTherapy of longitudinal and transverse flat feet is similar. Medical measures applied to an adult can only improve his condition. While the children are fully recovered, as the baby's feet just begin to form completely. The doctor prescribes most often conservative treatment: medications in combination with physiotherapy procedures. Therapy is based on therapeutic exercises. Such physical culture is chosen specifically for the patient, the orthopedic doctor necessarily takes into account the age, the degree of the disease and its form. Excellent massage and hydromassage of feet helpfully. Active stimulation of the problem zone improves blood circulation and improves the tone of the muscles of the feet and lower legs. Orthopedic insoles with the disease restore the required lifting of the arches of the foot, correct the normal position of the foot, provide comfort while walking. At the initial stage, the insoles perfectly help to cope with the disease. Operation is the most effective method of treatment with significant deformities of the foot. Flattening in children is treated easier, without surgery. Muscles, bone and ligament tissues of children are still very sensitive to treatment. A rarely encountered congenital platypodia is treated with special bandages. Mostly, they use toning massage and physical training. Also effective for the feet are the contrast baths. Many doctors recommend wearing orthopedic shoes. Than at an earlier age you or a doctor discover flat feet, the more effective the treatment will be. For the purpose of prevention, the child should be checked by a doctor about 5 years.
Plane exercise exercises
- 1) The legs should be set to the width of the shoulders. Then the feet unfold, first the heels are joined, then the socks. Make at least 12 repetitions.
- 2) Rotation. Sitting on a chair or standing, set the heels to the width of the shoulders. Rotate the feet in two directions. Do 12 repetitions.
- 3) Stop installation. Performed in a sitting or standing position. Place the feet on the outer, and then on the inner surface alternately. Do it 15 times.
- 4) Low attacks. Rise steadily. Perform a front leg thrust. Then turn over the other way and do the same. Without fail, keep your back straight. It should be repeated 15 times.
- 5) We go on the spot. Take quick steps. The feet look inward, the legs are bent at the knees. Do not move your shoulders, keep straight, legs are actively involved. The breathing is calm, the exercise is performed for half a minute. For children, the entire LF complex is performed in a play form.
Specialists argue that flat feet in children is much more common than commonly believed.
Approximately 65% of school-age children have this disease.
The reasons for its appearance may be different, but the symptoms are similar: pain in the legs;unobtrusive, then more pronounced deformation of the feet;changes in gait;disabilities of the musculoskeletal system.
The initial degree of flatfoot rarely gives rise to inconvenience and, therefore, sometimes passes unnoticed. But if the disease progresses, the symptoms become apparent to the parents of the child, and to the surrounding. In the end, it leads to a curvature of the spine, so it is extremely important to show up in time for a specialist to establish a diagnosis and receive recommendations for cure. This will help stop the deformation of the feet and keep the situation under control. If your child during a walk walks quickly, complains of pain in his legs, asks for his hands, this is an alarming signal. Should, without delay, to contact him to the orthopedist.
Causes of children's flatfoot
Congenital flat feet - an extremely rare phenomenon. As a rule, the baby acquires it in the first years of life. One of the most serious causes of flat feet in children is a tight, uncomfortable shoes. At the preschool age, the foot is actively formed, so the child should buy shoes with a heel 0.5 cm high, with a hard back. Categorically contra-indicated in this age are shoes and shoes on a completely flat sole, with a narrowed or, on the contrary, a blunt toe. Also, do not get carried away and sneakers, tk.this footwear is designed for physical education, and not for everyday wear. Its sole unnecessarily springs and deprives the baby's foot of natural load.
The child's diet should be balanced, including sufficient intake of calcium and phosphorus. We all heard about such a childhood disease as rickets. It can also become one of the causes of flatfoot, as it leads to loss of elasticity and connective tissue of the foot, brittleness and weakening of bones.
In other words, the prevention of flat feet in children includes, among other things, proper nutrition. Dishes of the daily menu should consist of products containing calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D. The child should often be outdoors, in the summer it is useful to run barefoot on grass, pebbles, sand. This is an excellent training of the elasticity of the arch of the foot. In winter, you can continue to study at home, suggest that the child walk around the beans scattered on the floor. It is recommended to purchase a special rubber mat with spikes.
How to detect flatfoot in a child
Any mother can and without an orthopedist suspect a flatfoot in her child. If the baby often complains of pain in the foot after walking and playing games, fatigue in the legs at the end of the day, this is an occasion to turn to a specialist. In some cases, pain in the legs in children is accompanied by the appearance of swelling in the feet.
It is important to see if the child is wearing shoes. If the boots were bought quite recently, and already tight, you can suspect flattening of the arch of the foot. Look at the heels and soles of your child's shoes. If the pods are quickly erased from the inside, it is an alarm signal and one of the obvious symptoms of flatfoot.
Flatfoot test at home
If parents assume that their child has a flatfoot, the simplest test will solve the doubts. The baby's feet should be smeared with a fat cream or vegetable oil, put it on a piece of paper to stamp the footprints. Normally, the inner part of the edge of the foot should not leave a print.
If it is available, it means that the baby develops a longitudinal flat foot. The initial stage of the disease is characterized by a weak imprint of the inner edge of the foot.
Such a picture is the reason for contacting the orthopedist. In childhood, flat feet can be cured 100% if the alarm is duly delayed. Do not forget that this disease can lead to such serious complications as scoliosis, curvature of the toes, deformation of the joints.
Treatment of flat feet in children
One of the effective methods of treating pediatric flat feet is therapeutic gymnastics. Perform it every day, along with contrasting foot baths and massage.
Before going to sleep, you can make a baby bath with a decoction of needles, chamomile, with sea salt. At the end of the procedure, wipe the feet dry, knead well and perform dousing with cool water. The result will be improved circulation in the legs, increased muscle tone, as well as a full sleep.
You can buy several rubber massage mats and place them in the bathroom, at the entrance to the nursery, near the washbasin, under the desk. Even 10 minutes of foot massage per day will be of great benefit.
Should also take care of orthopedic insoles for shoes, which will correct the deformation of the feet and relieve the load from the painful areas. Such insoles should be purchased for all the street and home shoes of the child. As the baby grows, the insoles need to be changed to the right size.
As for special orthopedic footwear - it should be worn solely for the doctor's prescription. Usually, such footwear is recommended at the third degree of flatfoot.
Still, platypodia is not recommended to be treated only by domestic methods. Gymnastics, exercises and physiotherapy should be done according to the appointment of an orthopedist, who will necessarily take into account the age, height and weight of the child, the features of the course of the disease. On reception it is necessary to go regularly, to observe a bearing of the kid, to organize to it a correct food.
In this case, there is every reason to believe that the disease will certainly recede.
- tenderness in the hips, feet, back and knees.
- change in the shape of the foot - curvature, the appearance of the stone, too wide a foot, improper development of muscles and articular tissue.
- irregularity of posture and gait.
- with squats to keep the balance is very difficult.
- appearance of ingrown nails is possible.
- club foot and heaviness of gait.
Flatfoot prevention in adultsPeople engaged in active work with permanent standing should periodically rest, move the main center of gravity to the outside of the foot. In addition, after a day's work it is useful to do foot massage, rub them. You can massage by walking barefoot on sand, grass or gravel. At home choose a massage mat. Correctly pick up your shoes so that it does not rub, do not press the foot, but it is better that no discomfort does not appear.
Prevention of flatfoot in childrenChildren should be prevented from 1 year of age. It will be concluded in the exclusion of rickets, poliomyelitis and other diseases. Already during the first steps of the child, think about the choice of quality footwear. However, without walking on the grass, gravel and sand can not do: "barefoot" kids are several times less likely to suffer from the disease. Watch that the child does not walk on a flat floor, but on an uneven surface. Older children are recommended gymnastics with simple walking on the heels and toes, the inside and outside of the legs. You can do jumps on the spot, climb the gymnasium ladder. Combine gymnastics with water procedures. It is not only excellent strengthening of muscles, but also perfect hardening.
Flat feet in children
Diagnosis: flat feet in children. Signs, causes and methods of treatment of infant and children's flat feet.| |Woman.ruLike Only the child makes his first independent steps, parents immediately ask themselves how to avoid the occurrence of flat feet in the baby, what shoes are best for preventing this disease, whether it is necessary to train the baby's legs in a special way. ..In fact, flat feet in children is a rather speculative disease: in fact it is present to some extent in all children, but this should not disturb their parents in any way. Why is that?
- It may surprise you, but without exception, all newborn babies come to this world with absolutely flat soles of their feet.
Every baby is a flatfoot specimen
Essentially every baby is a flatfoot specimen! And only with time, very gradually and not quickly( during 5-6, and sometimes 10-12 years), baby's feet form a special bend.
This bend serves as the most powerful shock absorber on our skeleton. Namely: when walking, running, jumping and other movements on the bones of our skeleton( and that is very important - on the spinal column!), There is a tremendous pressure that is "extinguished" just thanks to the special structure of the foot - a small bend, which is commonly called "arch".As far as the arch of the foot is developed or underdeveloped, the fingerprint speaks most eloquently.1 - normally formed arch of the foot;2 - too high arch of foot;3 - flat feet. All three situations are well "read" on the trail - dip the baby's leg in gouache, and then put it on Whatman: you will immediately see how developed or not the arch of the child's foot.
This vault is formed gradually as the child grows, but the most intensive period occurs at a time when the baby starts walking alone.The arch of the foot is formed completely and finally in a young man and a girl at the age of about 12 years. And until the moment of its final formation, any position of the foot is recognized by physicians as absolutely fixable and physiological. That is why the very term "flat feet in children" is somewhat absurd as a diagnosis.
Prevention of flatfoot in children
Doctors do not consider physiological flat feet in children for some serious flaw. Ordinarily, however, orthopedists keep an eye on how their feet are shaped by the arch of the foot in the course of time. And often they advise parents to take various preventive measures for the timely and correct formation of the arch of the foot, as well as to strengthen the joints and muscles of the child.
Correct bending of the foot is formed under the influence of a certain group of muscles, which are used best when the baby walks barefoot on an uneven surface - for example, a sand or pebble beach, a grass lawn, wooden stairs, etc.
Since modern flat-topped surfaces( asphalt on the streets, parquet, laminate or linoleum indoors) are the most often "on the road" for modern children, there are not many options for preventive maneuvers. The most accessible ones are:
- 1 In order to prevent flat feet, the baby should be placed on an uneven surface at every opportunity - sand on the beach, grass on the lawn, slides and climbing frames on the playground, etc.
- 2 Uneven surfaces can be arranged at home - for example, sprinkle nuts on the carpet( chestnuts or hazelnuts are ideal), for which the toddler should walk with bare feet. Also, nuts can be filled with a tissue bag or pillowcase - by supporting the baby, let it stomp or jump on this bag. Finally, you can purchase a special orthopedic mat in the children's store.
- 3 Buy the first footwear for a child who is just beginning to walk alone, with a small preventive instep( a special insert in the shoes that delicately helps to form the correct arch of the foot).
- 4 Take some time to special exercises for the feet. For example, a child can walk alternately on socks and on the heels, on the inside of the foot and on the outside. Another exercise - standing still, rolling from the socks to the heels( with a roll on the heels, raise the socks upwards).The most common and effective exercise is with a sports stick. It is necessary to put a stick on the floor, put the baby on it( barefoot or in socks, the main thing - without shoes), and carry out side steps along it. In doing so, you need to ensure that the stick is always strictly across the foot.
Flat feet and shoes: what's the connection?
When doctors announce by the parent that their children have a flat foot( that, again, for children up to 5-6 years is not a sign of illness or a certain deviation in development), 95% of them instantly "sin" on incorrect or substandard footwear.In fact, flat feet and shoes do not have any connection with each other. In addition, perhaps one: sometimes, in rare cases, with some forms of flatfoot, you can somewhat improve the situation for the better by wearing special orthopedic shoes. But if the leg is healthy - making it "flat-footed" with the help of any kind of shoes is almost impossible.
A sedentary lifestyle plays a real negative role in the formation of the wrong foot. To the arch of the foot has acquired the desired bending and strength, it is necessary that the foot muscles actively "work".To do this, you need to make sure that the baby moves a lot during the day, especially on uneven surfaces. Do not pass by - the children's hills in the courtyard, the Swedish wall, sand and pebble beach, etc.
Recall: the diagnosis of "flatfoot" orthopedists put 95% of all children under the age of 2, forgetting, however, often add that this platypodia is absolutely normal( physiological) phenomenon - because the baby's foot is just beginning to form. .. If your baby is activemove, this infantile flatfoot will pass by itself( you will not even notice it!).
And only after 6 years, if the baby's foot still has a flat footprint, it makes sense to think about serious prevention and even an easy correction of flatfoot. But again - even such a "belated" formation of the arch still remains within the physiological norm. And only at 12 years old the doctor can put the official diagnosis of the disease "flat feet" and prescribe adequate treatment.
Degrees of flatfoot in children over 12 years old
So, as a rule, flat feet in children disappears by about 6-10 years old. Legs become less flexible, pronounced arches of feet appear. According to statistics, only in 1-2 of 10 children by the age of 12 years is still flat feet. Someone at this age is already appropriating this or that degree.
The distinguishes three basic degrees of flatfoot in children older than 12 years:
- 1 First degree( flexible flat feet).In fact, we can say that all small children with flat soles just have this degree of flat feet. This is a completely non-painful condition, is observed to the same extent on both legs, does not lead to disability and does not need any serious treatment. And children, and children over 12 years with the first degree of flatfoot, as a rule, only preventive measures are recommended.
- 2 The second degree( in other words - a flexible flat foot with a short Achilles tendon).This form is very rare in young children. Usually it is characterized by low pain during walking and running. It is observed, as a rule, on both legs and in the absence of proper treatment and prevention can lead to a more neglected and severe stage of flatfoot.
- 3 The third degree( rigid flat feet) is the least common type of disease. Rigid platypodia is most often seen in people with congenital defects of the bones of the legs( especially in the region of the tarsus).Approximately one in four people with stiff flat feet experiences severe pain when walking. Rigid flat feet can "hit" as soon as one leg, and both at once. As a rule, the third degree of flatfoot is accompanied by a whole "bouquet" of accompanying problems with the musculoskeletal system. For example: scoliosis of different severity, hernia of intervertebral discs, growth of calcaneal spurs, etc.
Methods of treating flatfoot
If a child has a simple, flexible, flat feet of the first degree, which does not cause him painful sensations when walking, no special treatment is prescribed. However, he is prescribed an active prophylactic plan: special massage, exercises for feet, insoles in shoes, etc. In this case, there is a large share of the probability that the arch of the foot will form properly and there will be no flatness in the future speech.
At the second and third degrees of flatfoot, when the arch of the foot remained unformed and already rigidly fixed in this position, alas, the treatment is reduced only to relieve the person of the pain symptoms accompanying the disease. To form a "healthy" arch in the foot in the second and third stages of flatfoot in some artificial way, medical science has not yet learned, but to stop the progressive deformation and save the person from the pain while walking is fully capable. For this, various methods of physiotherapy, thermal treatment, as well as surgical intervention are used.
The first and second degrees of flatfoot are very common - almost half of the adult population of the planet( residents of large cities - to a greater extent) suffer from them. In some, the insufficiently developed arch of the foot is preserved from childhood, while the other bend of the foot gradually deforms already at the age after 40-45 years with a sedentary lifestyle, excess weight and other circumstances. However, physicians believe that the harm from such flat feet is insignificant and does not prevent a person from living a long, not burdened with serious diseases, life.