How can I treat gout at homeMany people are wondering how to cure gout with the help of home remedies. Before answering it, it is necessary to understand the nature and causes of this ailment. Due to a malfunction in the metabolic processes, there is a violation of salt metabolism, which leads to the deposition of urates( urine crystals) in the joints. Finally, you can not cure gout at home, but you can alleviate the pain and reduce the risk of relapse.
Gout is a serious enough disease, it can lead to disability. Irresponsible approach to its treatment is impossible. And rely only on non-traditional methods of therapy at home is not worth it, it can lead to irreversible processes and serious complications. For example, a pathology such as a gouty kidney may occur. When hyperuricemia accumulates a large number of urates, and there is a risk that the kidney will not cope with their inference. This complication often occurs when the primary manifestation of the disease. Subsequently, pathology can affect other organs and systems of the body.
Often gout is accompanied by phlebitis, nephritis, atherosclerosis, neuralgia, neurasthenia and certain diseases of the organs of vision. The reasons for such an exchange pathology are unbalanced nutrition, excessive consumption of meat, spices, alcohol and tobacco. A significant impact on these processes have a genetic predisposition, kidney disease, broken urate synthesis. Also gout develops with endocrine abnormalities and hypodynamia.
Symptoms of gouty arthritis
If the first symptoms of this disease are identified, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor and perform a series of tests. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it is important to consult a physician about the methods of therapy. Only a qualified person can give the right advice and explain how to treat gout at home.The main symptoms of gout include:
- severe pain, especially when moving;
- crunching in joints at any load;
- discoloration of the skin around the affected areas;
- sensation of numbness;
- high body temperature;
- swelling of the joints.
Joints with gout may be deformed. As a result, there will be difficulties with movement, an attack of ailment will be accompanied by unbearable pain. You can not start a disease, because a person risks becoming disabled, because the old form will not be able to return the deformed joints. Treatment will only avoid possible complications.
Treatment of illness by household meansFolk remedies will be effective only if the patient does not refuse to take medication prescribed by a doctor. And first of all you need to adjust the food. To eliminate disturbances in salt metabolism, it is important to minimize salt intake as much as possible.
You can not cure gout with the help of natural home remedies. But to reduce the degree of manifestation of symptoms during periods of relapse can be. With the help of home procedures, pain is quite effective. As a rule, acute attacks last from 5 to 7 days. And during this period should take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Treatment of gout at home involves various procedures using natural remedies. It is also recommended to perform simple physical exercises. Many doctors argue that it is very useful to conduct urine therapy, soar your legs in a heated urine. It is useful and effective to make different compresses. The best are compresses using honey and salt.1 tablespoon of each component should be put on gauze and apply it to the affected areas on the legs. You can also make compresses with the addition of red clay and wine vinegar.
During the period of exacerbation, the use of herbal infusions is very helpful. It is necessary to use herbs that normalize the production of uric acid or remove the substance from the body. Such herbs include mint, dill, calendula, and red bilberry. It is very useful to use herbal tea, which contains the roots of wheatgrass( 20 g), violet tricolor( 30 g), burdock root( 25 g) and Veronica officinalis( 20 g).All these herbs should be mixed, fried 40 grams per liter of hot boiled water and let stand for 20 minutes. To eat 3 times a day, the first mug to drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
How to relieve pain in gout
Painful sensations can be removed with aspirin and iodine. In this way, inflammation is also eliminated. Acetylsalicylic acid must be dissolved in iodine, in proportions of 10 g iodine per 5 tablets of aspirin. The resulting consistency should be applied to the affected areas at night. Iodine can be added to the water and make baths. Requires 9 drops of iodine per 3 liters of water. Painful sensation well removes activated charcoal. It must be crushed, add flax seed to the oil and lubricate the mixture with diseased joints. These procedures can be done within a month.
Radon, hydrogen sulphide and sodium chloride baths help to eliminate severe pain in the hands and feet. Radon and hydrogen sulphide can be taken only in sanatoriums. A sodium chloride is easy to make at home. To do this, you should collect water in the bath with a temperature of about 38 degrees and add to it 1.5-2 kg of ordinary rock salt. Then you need to immerse the diseased joints in water for 20 minutes and do this procedure for 10-15 days. But such baths are contraindicated for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Well removes pain ointment from kerosene. To make it, you need 50 g of kerosene, 50 g of vegetable oil, 30 g of laundry soap and about one glass of soda. It is necessary to mix all these ingredients thoroughly and rub until the ointment is completely absorbed. Another ointment can be made from butter and alcohol, taking them in equal proportions. Oil should be warmed up well, removed from heat and pour alcohol. Then burn in a frying pan and wait until the flame completely goes out. After this, you can rub the ointment into the joints on the legs or hands, store it in the refrigerator.
If an attack occurs, to effectively fight the disease you need to comply with all the prescriptions of the treating doctor. The most important is to follow a diet. If the body gets harmful food, it will negatively affect the level of production of salt of uric acid.
There are many methods for treating gout at home, and almost all give positive results. But if you do not approach treatment in a complex way, you can damage your own body.
How to treat gout with home remedies
Gout is a systemic disease caused by a violation of purine metabolism, characterized by an elevated uric acid in the body, followed by the deposition of its salts in the joints and internal organs. How can you avoid serious symptoms of this disease and cure it at home without going to the hospital?
The content of the article:
What you need to do with gout first
Therapeutic diet: what can and can not be eaten with gout
Coping( interrupting) acute gouty
Folk remedies for acute gout
Recipes of folk gout treatment during interictal period
How and why does a gout attack occur?
The onset of gout is most often acute, manifesting with a characteristic attack. In the midst of full health, usually at night, the patient wakes up from a sharp unbearable pain in the metatarsus of the big toe. The slightest touch to the finger or an attempt to change the position causes an increase in pain. The skin over the joint is hyperemic, edematous, hot on palpation.
Most often, such attacks are triggered by inaccuracies in the diet, such as eating meat and alcohol. Patients who suffer from gout for a long time, usually independently recognize the attack and use pre-prescribed medication. If such symptoms are noted for the first time, it is necessary to call an ambulance without delay, for without medical intervention the attack can last many hours.
To somewhat reduce pain, before the ambulance arrives, it is recommended:
- to provide the affected finger with complete rest;
- give the limb a slightly elevated position;
- attach to the joint a cold compress or ice.
crystals of acid cause an attack of gout
The next day, you should definitely consult a doctor, so that he can accurately determine that the attack was gouty, because despite the characteristic manifestations, a similar clinical picture can be observed in a number of other diseases: acute thrombosis of the veins of the foot, aseptic necrosis of the metatarsal joint, etc.
If the diagnosis of gout is confirmed, the attending physician prescribes special medication, aimed both at the prevention of repeated seizures, and on the treatment of a chronic process.
Such treatment includes: a diet, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, correctors of purine metabolism and uric acid metabolism, hormone therapy.
The first and most important place in gout therapy is diet. First of all, it is necessary to almost completely abandon foods that are rich in purines or promote the formation of uric acid in the body.
These are the forbidden products for gout:
1. Red meat varieties - beef, pork, lamb. It is desirable to exclude them in any form. It is acceptable to use a small amount of low-fat varieties of meat, in a boiled form.
2. Alcohol. It should be abandoned altogether, especially from red wine.
meat and alcohol provoke an attack of gouty arthritis
3. Fat - have a hyperuricemic effect.
4. Limit the amount of table salt to 5-8 g / day, as it contributes to the retention of uric acid in the body
5. All kinds of beans, as well as cocoa and coffee - these products are rich in purines.
6. Limit the use of products containing oxalates: sorrel, asparagus, spinach, radish, turnips, tomatoes, etc.
7. Limit the intake of animal proteins and increase the amount of plant.
Products recommended and approved for gout:
1. Extensive alkaline drink, up to 2-2.5 liters per day, if there is no contraindication from the cardiovascular system.
alkaline drink with gout is an important element of the diet
2. All kinds of citrus fruits, in the absence of an allergic reaction.
3. Fruit and vegetable juices, which have an alkaline effect on urine.
Some patients sometimes refuse to take medication, especially when gout has a chronic chronic course, arguing that anti-inflammatory and other drug groups have a lot of side effects, or there are contraindications to their admission. They prefer to turn to folk medicine for gout, which are no less effective in treating or preventing this disease. It is also possible to combine the use of medication and folk remedies, for the speediest recovery.
Coping( interruption) of an acute gouty
Here, the most effective are the medications - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. To stop the attack, diclofenac, nimesulide, meloxicam, celecoxib and other drugs from this group are prescribed.
Remember that these medications should be prescribed by a doctor! Do not self-medicate, this can lead to serious complications.
Folk remedies for acute gout
The use of folk medicine at the same time as medicines has a beneficial effect on reducing pain and duration of the attack.
1. Wipe the horseradish or radish on a small grater to make a gruel. Put on the leaves of burdock or coltsfoot, wrap around a sore thumb and wrap it with a bandage. Such a compress helps to quickly relieve pain and resorption of salts of uric acid in the joint area.
2. To rub the root of the comfrey, mix it with pork fat and dimexide, in a ratio of 2: 4: 1.Lubricate this mixture with the affected joint, cover it with compress paper and warm it with a woolen cloth. To put such compresses for 4-5 hours, for 10 days.
3. Heat the frying pan in a frying pan until foam formation. Pour there an equal amount of alcohol and set it on fire. Wait until all alcohol is burnt and collect the remaining oil in a glass container. Keep in the refrigerator, rub into the affected joint during an attack.
Recipes of folk treatment in the interstitial period
1.Several large cloves of garlic and half a large onion grate on a fine grater, add a stalk of aloe, a small piece of beeswax and 1 tablespoon of ghee. Put the stew on a slow fire until boiling. Then remove from heat, shake well and mix. Apply in the form of warmed compresses at night.
healing folk collections will help your feet to become healthy
2.10 g. Activated carbon( 40 tablets) grind on a coffee grinder or manually. Add 1 tablespoon of flax seed to the table and add water until the mixture takes on a pasty consistency. Lubricate the affected joints with this mixture for the night, top with polyethylene and cloth.
3. Grind 50 gr.root of horse sorrel, pour 1 liter of vodka and insist in a dark dish for 12 days, shaking daily. Take 1 teaspoon, in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before bedtime.
4. The following collection of herbs helps to avoid repeated seizures: hawthorn fruits, blue-head and lime flowers, thyme, hips. Mix in a ratio of 2: 2: 2: 5: 4, brew and drink like regular tea once a day.
5. To weaken the intensity of gouty pains can birch juice collected in early spring. Use it should be 1 glass three times a day.
6.In the interictal period a significant effect can be achieved by rubbing the affected joints with infusion of lilac flowers. To do this, glass containers, 0.5-1 liter capacity, filled with fresh flowers of lilac and poured with water. To insist it is necessary for 1 week, in a dark place. Rinse daily before bedtime, after which the joints must be insulated.
But the main thing for a gout is to remember that it affects not only the joints, but also the internal organs. Therefore, self-medication with the help of only traditional medicine can end very badly. You can see the recipes given here, but starting an independent treatment, without first consulting a specialist, is highly undesirable.
For proper and full treatment of gout, always consult a doctor!
How to cure gout with folk remedies
Gout is not an easy disease, which, alas, is not always easy to treat. Therefore, in order to relieve yourself of joint pain in this disease, it is necessary not only to take medication and follow the recommendations of the attending physician, but also to adhere to the therapeutic diet for gout, and also to take on an equally effective treatment of gout with folk remedies.
In this article we will introduce you to the most simple and effective recipes for curing gout at home using decades of folk remedies for gout.
Fast navigation for the article:
Recipe # 1: onion broth
# 2: treatment of gout with fat
# 3: treatment of gout with apples
# 4: treatment with activated carbon
# 5: therapeutic compress of fish
# 6: ointment for
№7: treated with iodine
№8: medicinal plants that help get rid of pain with gout
Folk prescription number 1: onion broth
Yes, an ordinary onion soup, but cooked in a special way, can help a lot withgouty pain. It should be prepared as follows.
Take two or three bulbs of medium size and, without removing peels from them, throw in one liter of water, and put the saucepan on medium heat. Bring the water to a boil, and then, stirring occasionally, cook until the bulbs completely boil.
After this, cool the resulting therapeutic "soup", and then strain it through a cheesecloth or sieve. The broth that you have left after this - a wonderful remedy for gout. Take it one glass three times a day before eating for 10-14 days, and then take a break.
During such a one and a half-two-week treatment course, joint pain should be significantly reduced. Such courses of treatment with onion broth can be repeated many times - in those cases when the pain returns.
Recipe # 2: treatment with fat
It turns out that lard is not only a favorite treat for many, but also a good folk remedy for pain in joints with gout. Use this tool you need so. Take a small piece of fat( best bought in the village, but from the store, too, fit), and cut it into a few thin pieces so that such a slice of fat could be put on each finger of a sick arm or leg. And after that, start to rub these small pieces into the skin of each finger until the fat is significantly reduced in size. After that, the remainder of the fat should be discarded.
If you are not worried about episodic, but persistent severe pain with gout, you can use the fat slightly differently: just apply the cut pieces of fat to the aching joints on the hands or feet, and leave this "compress" for the whole night. To fix it on the surface of the skin, tightly wrap fat with a clean medical bandage. When using this method of folk treatment, you will see results in the very near future - perhaps, the very next morning.
In addition, to strengthen the effect of this method, during the first week of such treatment it is recommended to eat wheat porridge with the addition of oil. Such a therapeutic diet will help to better remove excess salts from the body. For the second week of such treatment you need to switch to any milk porridge.
Recipe # 3: treatment with apples
As is known, pains caused by gout arise from deposits in the joints of excess salts of uric acid( urates).But, fortunately, there is a very tasty and useful food and medical product that helps to remove from the body the data of excess salts, and these are ordinary apples!
To reduce pain in the joints, try to eat fresh apples( both in the usual form and in the form of juices) as much as possible. In addition, a very good effect with gout gives the reception of infusions and decoctions of apples. Here is the recipe of one of them.
Take a medium-sized saucepan and boil water in it. Then add there cut four or five fresh apples of medium size, and uncleaned. Leave the pan on the fire for 10 minutes, then remove it from the heat and leave in a warm place to infuse for four hours. After that, the tasty medicine is ready. Take the resulting decoction as a regular drink when you want to drink - for example, instead of tea or coffee - at least several times a day.
And if this method does not suit you for some reason, you can make it even easier. When you make your own tea, slice pieces of apples there, leave it for a while to infuse and then drink the resulting therapeutic tea whenever you want!
№4: treatment with activated carbon
Activated carbon is a medicine that is suitable not only for the treatment of poisoning. From it you can prepare a healing paste, which will help get rid of joint pain with gout.
Prepare this paste as follows. Take a few packs of activated charcoal, and carefully rub its tablets with a pestle or in a coffee grinder to the state of a fine powder. As a result, it is necessary to ground about half a cup of coal. After that, add a little water and a tablespoon of flaxseed to it, and then properly move until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
Everything, the medicine is ready! To apply it it is necessary so: in the evening, before going to sleep, spread the diseased joints with this medicinal paste, trying to rub it into the skin. After that, tightly close the diseased joint with polyethylene, and on top warm it with a clean woolen scarf or scarf and leave it all for the whole night. You will feel the effect of treatment in the morning.
№5: therapeutic compress of fish
The fillet of any fish is an excellent folk remedy not only from the heel spur, but also from pains in the joints with gout.
Buy in the market two kilograms of any, you can buy the cheapest fish. Undress her at home, separating the ridge from the fillet, and throw out the bones. Divide the remaining fish fillets into ten approximately equal parts and freeze them in the freezer.
Every day for ten consecutive days, in the evening, before going to bed, get one such bag of fish from the freezer and thaw it. Cover the fish fillet with a foot in the area of the affected joint, and on top, to warm this area, put on socks( and if you treat your hands, then warm gloves or mittens).Leave such a fish compress for the whole night, and in the morning wash your feet and discard the fish.
Usually after 10 days of pain from gout pass.
№6: ointment for the treatment of gout
therapeutic ointment for the treatment of gout
For the preparation of ointment, take the usual unsalted butter, best of all rustic, but from the store, too, will do. Put a deep frying pan on the fire and add oil there. When it melts and foam appears, it is necessary to carefully pour the alcohol into the pan in the same amount as the oil was added. Then, also very carefully, light the alcohol and wait until it completely burns out.
After that, gently collect from the frying pan the substance left after burning - this is our healing ointment! Collect it in a glass jar and store in a refrigerator until it is needed.
When gouty pains will make themselves felt, it's time to use the ointment. You need to do this as follows. Sit next to some source of heat - a colorimeter, stove, heater or just next to the central heating battery, take a small amount of ointment and start rubbing it into the skin in the area of the affected joint. Rub it in this way every day until the pain finally recedes.
№7: treated with iodine
Iodine solution can be used not only to disinfect wounds and bruises, but also as an effective folk remedy for gout pain.
Method 1: iodine rubbing
Take 10 milliliters of a conventional iodine solution and add to them five tablets of acetylsalicylic acid or aspirin. After the aspirin has dissolved, the solution will become transparent.
It is this substance that will help to get rid of pains with gout. Lubricate them with aching joints at night, before going to bed, but do not forget to warm the affected joints afterwards - put on warm socks or gloves, or wrap a sick hand or leg with a warm woolen shawl and leave it so for the night, and in the morning remove.
Method 2: iodine baths
There is one more way to treat pain with gout at home. In the evenings, you can make iodine foot baths and combine them with method 1.
To prepare such a bath, pour into a basin three liters of warm water, add to it three teaspoons of conventional baking soda, then drip into the resulting solution nine drops of iodine solution.
Stir the water thoroughly. All the bath is ready, you can take water procedures!
Try to hold the sick legs in this bath for about a few minutes, and repeat this procedure every evening for 10 days, and the pain will recede.
# 8: Medicinal plants for pain with gout
It seems that nature herself took care of the joints with gout, creating plants that help cope with the pain in this disease. We give you a list of such medicinal plants and recipes for the preparation of medicines for the joints of them.
A tripartite sequence
With a gout, drink as a drink an infusion of succession. For its preparation, brew the grass of the string with hot water( but not with boiling water!) In any concentration, to taste, so that the infusion acquires a golden color. To drink the broth of the turn you need in a hot kind.
pharmacy chamomile helps well with gout
Prepare a decoction from the chemist's daisy, taking 100 grams of dry grass for ten liters of water. Add to this a decoction of two hundred grams of salt, and use the resulting liquid as therapeutic baths for patients with gout of the feet or hands.
You can also make therapeutic compresses from chamomile. To do this, take in equal amounts the flowers of black elderberry and chamomile grass, add hot water in a small volume and bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. In the resulting broth soak small pieces of clean tissue and apply as compresses to the skin over the diseased joints.
Prepare an infusion of horsetail, taking two teaspoons of dry herb for a glass of boiling water. How to wrap a container with infusion and leave to infuse for 2 hours, then strain. The received medicine should be taken one tablespoon five to six times a day. This medicine is effective not only for gout, but also for rheumatism.
tincture of swamp saber
For pains from gout, alcoholic tincture of the saber is good.
It is prepared as follows. Take 0.25 kg of dry root sabelnik, add it to 0.5 liters of vodka and put in a dark place to insist for a period of 21 days.
After the medicine is ready, take it 25 grams three times daily before meals. Take tincture in this mode is necessary for 2 or 3 months.
You can find out more about folk methods of treating joint diseases with the help of a swamp saber in this article.
Sage can also be used to prepare very useful medicinal baths to soar your feet. To make such medicinal baths, take a dry herb of sage at the rate of 100 g of grass for six liters of water.
Bring water to a boil and boil for ten minutes, then begin to cool to a comfortable body temperature. After the broth has cooled to a hot state, pour 5 liters of broth into the tub and pour the sick legs or hands in them. Steam them from half an hour to an hour.
When the water cools down, gradually add more hot decoction from the one that you left in reserve. Soar your feet in a warm room, avoiding drafts and cold air. After the procedure, warm your feet warmly with warm socks.
Procedures are best carried out at night, before going to bed, and then repeat them every day for one to two months.
Treat gout at home |Disease of the joints
Gout - the disease is unpleasant, but curable, because its symptoms can be eliminated by starting to just follow a diet. Acute pain is removed by medication, but the main role in the treatment of gout is proper nutrition. Today we will talk about how you can treat gout at home.
What is gout?
Gout in the people called the deposition of salts of uric acid on the joints, the formation of growths on the articular surfaces, resulting in the joint is deformed, bent and hurts. In medicine, gout is increased levels of purines in the human body, formed by salts of uric acid, which can be deposited not only in the joints and bones, but also in the kidneys and organs of the genitourinary system. Running gout forms look very unattractive. Moreover, they give the patient a lot of suffering. The joints of the lower extremities are most often affected by gout: knee, ankle and foot joints. Less common are the joints of the upper limbs.
How to treat gout?
- normalization of uric acid level in the human body
- decrease in urate synthesis
- elimination of pain syndrome, removal of inflammation
- restoration of the functions of the affected joints.
The level of uric acid can be normalized by diet. It does not imply starvation. Compliance with the diet for gout is a very important stage in the treatment of the disease, because purines enter our body solely from food. Diet for gout should be observed for a long time, at least two years. Therefore, the patient should prepare for a long journey, which in return will give him the joy of movement and getting rid of pain.
What should be present in the diet, and what needs to be excluded?
- Boiled lean meat and fish, rabbit, chicken, turkey.
- Dairy and sour-milk products, cottage cheese, cheese in limited quantities.
- Eggs should be consumed no more than twice a week in boiled form.
- Pasta and cereals.
- Vegetables: potatoes, greens, garlic, carrots( and carrot juice), cucumbers, cabbage, eggplant, white cabbage, beetroot, pumpkin, onion.
- Fruits: green apples, lemons, watermelon.
- Rye bread.
- Vegetable and olive oil.
- Especially useful for gout are decoctions and compotes of cowberry, cherry, blueberry, currant, dog rose. Also tea with mint and lemon. Such drinks need to be drunk as much as possible daily.
- Mineral waters - Borjomi, Essentuki №17.
Combine these products and make your diet for personal taste preferences.
Do not use the following products with gout.
- Tea, coffee, kvass, carbonated drinks, wine and alcohol in general.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, sorrel, pickled vegetables.
- Seafood, smoked products, spices, sausages, mayonnaise.
- Bread and bakery products.
- Boiled broths and canned food.
- Cakes and sweets
These products are contraindications for gout, as they contribute to the oxidation of urine, which is poorly reflected in the kidneys and poorly removes purines from the body.
Anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs - ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, butadione - will help relieve the pain in the treatment of gout at home. They are available in the form of tablets or ointments. Both can be effective in relieving pain in gout attacks.
Also well-known drug Colchicine .It is a herbal remedy made from the tubers of a colchicum plant. It promotes the cleavage of purine formations.
The most common drug from gout is Allopurinol .This drug is very effective for gout, tested by clinical trials and approved by patients. According to reviews, he relieves the symptoms of gout very quickly. The drug is recommended for use for two months, one tablet a day.
Weight loss for the treatment of gout
Overweight and gout are incompatible. Obesity causes colossal loads on the already aching joints. Affected by gout area from this very much suffer. Therefore, it is worth losing weight. This will help you diet with gout, which is based on only useful products. It is necessary to observe the diet - it is better to eat a little, but often. And one more condition - drink more water, about 2 liters per day. This will improve digestion and enhance metabolism.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout
An important role in the treatment of gout is played by traditional medicine. There are many folk recipes that can be of great help in treating gout at home. This also nastit and herbal decoctions, ointments and compresses, therapeutic baths and warming. Here are some proven recipes.
- Tincture on the shell of pine nuts.
The shell must be dried, covered in a dark bottle to the shoulders. Pour the remaining space to the middle of the neck with medical alcohol. Insist 10 days. Tincture should be shaken daily. After the infusion time, take 1 teaspoon before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tincture helps not only with gout, but also with other serious diseases of the joints
- Treatment with birch leaves and kidneys.
Birch is often used in folk treatment, as it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effect. With gout, you can and should use both leaves and kidneys. Make them an infusion is very simple. You need to take 10 grams of kidneys( dried leaves), pour 400 ml of water( 200 ml), boil for a quarter of an hour. Then remove from heat, insulate and insist 60 minutes. Take a quarter cup after eating.
With gout, it is very useful to drink natural birch sap.
Birch Ointment helps to relieve gout symptoms very quickly. To do this, 1 cup of dry buds to grind into powder. You can also use fresh kidneys - they need to be carefully grinded. Then mix with fresh interior fat, put in a clay pot and simmer in the oven for 3 hours a day a week. After manufacturing, the ointment is rubbed into the affected joints 2 times a day.
- Burdock in the treatment of gout.
Burdock infusion is very effective for gout, osteochondrosis, urogenital system diseases. You need to take two tablespoons of chopped dry burdock leaves, pour three glasses of cold water, infuse for 3 hours, then bring to a boil. Infusion of drinking in warm after eating.
There is also a good remedy for gout and urolithiasis. It is necessary to prepare a mixture of burdock, honey and vodka. This medical mixture is prepared simply, it can be easily prepared at home. So, take the fresh washed leaves of burdock, scroll them on the meat grinder. It should be a half-liter of green gruel. Then add a half a kilogram of honey and 500 ml of vodka. All carefully mix and close the container tightly with a lid. Such a healing mixture is recommended in the morning on an empty stomach for 1 tablespoon. It is worth noting that the mixture can not be stored in the refrigerator, since in the cold it loses its healing properties. It is enough to remove it in a dark place, for example, in a closet.
Burdock root can also be very useful for gout. This is the infrequent case when the plant uses both leaves and roots. We make a decoction from the roots of burdock, moisten the gauze, folded in several layers, and apply to the diseased joint. This compress helps to get rid of gout attacks. Keep it all night, pre-wrapped in a warm cloth.
- Currant with gout
Leaves and currant branches are able to remove uric acid from the body, and, therefore, and treat for gout. It is necessary to drink tea more often, brewed with leaves and twigs of currant. It is very fragrant and pleasant to taste. For greater effect, you can add mint leaves and twigs of lemon balm. This herbal tea not only heals from gout, but also tones up the whole body, refreshes, cheers up and relaxes. Also, the effect of herbal tea from the currant treats diseases of the cardiovascular system, urolithiasis and reduces blood pressure.
- Apple juice for gout
Freshly squeezed apple juice, used daily on an empty stomach helps get rid of bouts of pain with gout, relieves inflammation and removes purines from the body. In addition, he normalizes the pressure and improves well-being. To drink it is necessary every morning on an empty stomach, to use for its preparation only green apples and to have breakfast not earlier in 30 minutes.
- Miracle compresses
Mix 2 tablespoons of salt and soda, several crystals of potassium permanganate with two tablespoons of water. You should get a pink gruel. It should be put on a bandage or gauze, folded into 4 layers and put on a sick joint. To fix with a band-aid or an elastic bandage is not tight and not thick. To wear this compress is recommended 3 days, and only then change the bandage. Repeat procedure 3 times.
Brew strong black tea, make of it a compress on the sick joint for the night. In the morning, remove the compress and start tapping on the joint with a wooden spoon. You will feel severe pain - this is normal. Repeat the compress and tap until the pain in the morning is felt.
- Ointments for gout
Take a small jar and pour into it the following components for 1 tablespoon: camphor oil, turpentine, ammonia, 9% vinegar. The remaining space is filled with melted pork fat. You can use goose, duck and other animal fats. Leave the mixture to cool. After the ointment has cooled, it should separate in a pot and two parts. This is normal. Before use it is necessary to warm it up in a water bath. It is necessary to lubricate the diseased joint, thoroughly rubbing it. Then moisten in a fat emulsion rag and apply as a compress. Top with a film of cotton. All this is bandaged with an elastic bandage and keep the night. After 1-2 months of applying this ointment, gout should retreat.
Take butter and alcohol in equal parts. Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from heat. Add the alcohol to the pan and set it on fire. This is very dangerous, so you must follow the precautionary rules and protect your face. The flame will be high, but it will quickly burn out and go out. Everything, the ointment is ready. Keep it in the refrigerator. Lubricate the sore spot without wrapping, but next to the stove or heater. Gout should retreat.
- Treatment of gout comfrey.
Comfrey is a plant that has proven itself in the treatment of joints.
This ointment is made from this medicinal plant. The fresh root of the comfrey is rubbed on the grater. Then it is mixed with interior fat and dimexide( sold in a pharmacy) in the proportion of 2: 4: 1.The ointment is rubbed into a sore spot, wrapped in parchment and with a warm cloth for 4-5 hours. Carry out the procedure daily, not less than 10 days.
Treatment of gout at home is not a difficult matter. The main thing is to consult a doctor before applying this or that folk remedy in order not to harm your health and get specific recommendations on the use of recipes.
Gout treatment at home |Traditional treatment of gout
Everyone who has suffered or is ill with gout is ready to give everything for the treatment of gout. Folk treatment of gout at home is more effective than medications and surgeries, but it must be agreed with the doctor in charge.
Gout - treatment at home
Traditional treatment of gout with
- tincture If you prefer to fight gout and are ready to take in tinctures, then you can prepare tincture for treating gout at home from the roots of the madder red. To do this, you need a teaspoon of the roots of the madder red, pour it with boiling water and give a little brew. Ideally, boil this broth in a water bath for about ten minutes. Take tincture two times a day for half a glass to treat gout.
- Fresh leaves of chopped heather grass ordinary pour 0.5 liters of warm boiled water, let it brew for 4 hours, drain. Drink 1/2 cup 4 times a day to treat gout at home.
- 1 teaspoon leaves buds, ivy, pour 1 cup boiling water, insist for 4-5 hours. Drink 1/4 cup 2-3 times a day in a warm form for folk treatment of gout.
- 1 tablespoon dried birch leaves pour 1 cup boiling water, insist, wrapped, 6 hours, drain. Drink 1/2 cup 2-3 times a day to treat gout with folk remedies;
- 1 tablespoon of herb medicinal herbs to pour 2 cups of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 2 hours. Drink 1-2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day for treatment;
- 1 teaspoon leaves of cranberries pour 0.3 liters of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 1 hour, strain. Drink 1/2 cup 3-4 times daily before meals;
- St. John's wort( 1 tablespoon), chamomile flowers( 1 tablespoon), lime blossom( 1 tablespoon), blackberry flowers( 1 tablespoon).Infusion for folk treatment of gout at home take 2 glasses a day;
- Agave( 50 g), horseradish( 50 g), garlic( 50 g), hot pepper pepper( 50 g), bone marrow from cattle shanks( 50 g).All components are ground with a knife. Fold in glassware, grind 200 grams of medical alcohol, insist 1 hour, add 200 g camphor oil, 2 tablespoons of iodine, 50 g of badger fat, 50 g of turpentine, 300 g of ethyl alcohol. All this should be left in a warm place for 4-5 days, filtered through gauze and stored in a closed bottle. Rub in small portions 1-2 times a day, preferably before going to bed at night. Treatment at home gout continues for 1 month.
- 2 tbsp.l.lilac flowers pour 1 glass of alcohol. Insist in a dark place, shaking daily. After a week drain. Take 20-30 drops 3 times daily before meals.
- 100 g of fresh young leaves of lilac to be filled in a bottle, pour 1 liter of vodka. Infuse in a dark place for 14 days. Take 30 drops 3 times daily before meals to treat gout.
- Finely chopped roots of wild rose insist on 0.5 liters of vodka( 56 °) 21 days in a warm dark place, shaking daily. Take 25 ml 2 times a day for 1 hour before meals and do compresses for gout.
- 1-2 tsp.chicory herbs pour 1 cup boiling water, insist, then strain. Drink 1/2 cup per day 30 minutes before meals. With this infusion, you and the heart strengthen and gout cure at home.
- 25 grams of crushed black currant leaves brew in 0.5 liters of boiling water, infuse for several hours. Take a 0.5-1 glass 4-5 times a day.
- Infusion of black currant leaves used as baths for rheumatic and gouty joint damage.
- 20 g of young leaves or unripe walnut fruit pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist 20 minutes, then strain. Take 1 tbsp.l.3 times a day for folk gout treatment.
- Lilac flowers are tightly packed in a half-liter jar to the top, pour vodka and insist 21 days in a dark place, then strain. Take 30 drops 3 times daily before meals. The course of treatment at home gout - 3 months. This same tincture is made by grinding and compresses.
Ointments for folk treatment of gout at home
For external use, you will have to try and prepare a cure for gout. To do this, you need to take and mix three bottles of pharmacy tincture of valerian, a bottle of triple cologne. This composition must be left overnight so that it is infused. Prepared mixture lubricate sore spots before going to bed. Greased place should be wrapped with polyethylene and wrapped with something warm. After a few days, you will feel how your joint will twist, the skin will turn white and itch may appear. Such "side effects" will have to be transferred, this means that you are doing everything right and are on the path to recovery.
Gout treatment at home with folk remedies - compresses
- Also you can prepare another compound for the treatment of gout. To do this, take a pan and pour into it 500 grams of iodized salt, pour a small amount of water and boil it until the water evaporates. Once the water has evaporated, add 200 grams of Vaseline or chicken fat. The entire mixture must be mixed. To smear sick places before a dream. Ideally, the composition should be applied to a woolen cloth and fastened with a bandage on a sore spot. To the effect of treating gout at home was more tangible it is worth taking in parallel a decoction of linden.
- Lovers of fish will help in the national treatment of gout fish compresses. To do this, you need two kilograms of fish scraps, to separate the meat from the ridge. The resulting meat should be divided into ten parts and spread out on kulechkam and placed in the freezer. Before going to bed it is necessary to unfreeze one kulechek and put it on a sick leg, from above to put on warm socks. In the morning you need to wash your feet, and you can give the fish to your pets. Ten days later the pains will disappear and it is unlikely to return again.
- Grind 20 g roots of rose hips, brew in 1 liter of boiling water, soak over low heat for 3 hours. After steaming, add 1 cup of cold boiled water. With this mixture, compress on a sore spot for the night, then wrap it well.
- Avicenna recommended applying a thick decoction of chicory roots to affected joints.
Home methods of treating gout products
- Daily eat 100 grams of grated carrots with 1 tbsp.l.vegetable oil.
- 40 g bean leaf pour 1 liter of water;boil in a sealed container in a water bath for 1 hour, then strain. Take 1 tbsp.l.4-5 times a day in the treatment of gout.
- 4 lemons, with removed bones, and 3 peeled garlic heads twisted in a meat grinder and pour 7 cups of boiling water, mix and let stand for 24 hours, then strain. Take 40 ml before meals once a day to treat gout at home.
The popular treatment of gout according to the prescription of medicine men
Popov's method for treating gout with folk remedies at home
First of all, you need to prepare two tanks in advance. In one of which we pour very cold water, and in the other we put the grains of some cereals, we pour them with boiling water. After such actions, the grains are steamed and become hot, bring to such a temperature that you can lower your hand into them. Then we lower the hand first thing into the vessel, where cold water is poured, time - three to five seconds, and then immediately into a vessel with grains, hot water. We knead them with our hands. After such a procedure, we tie a hand with a woolen shawl, warming up the joints in this way. The course of treating gout at home is two to three months.
Traditional treatment of gout according to the prescriptions of Russian healers
- Decoction of the roots of wild rose( 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of boiling water), take 1/2 cup to treat gout.
- Tincture of fresh agave leaves, take 0.5 teaspoonful 2 times a day with gout.
- 1/2 cup ryazhenka, 1/2 cup ground breadcrumbs( rye), 0.5 teaspoon soda. All the mix, let stand for 3-6 hours in the light in a warm place, drain. Apply to a sore spot an hour before bedtime for folk gout treatment.
- Infusion of leaves of cowberry( 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of boiling water), take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day. Decoction of flowers of cornflower blue( 1 teaspoon), calendula flowers( 1 teaspoon), peony flowers( 1 teaspoon), blackberry flowers( 1 teaspoon), nettle leaves( 1 teaspoon), willow bark( 2 teaspoons), herb horsetail( 1 teaspoon), birch leaves( 2 teaspoons).Take every 2 hours for 1 glass of hot decoction to treat gout at home.
Gout for folk medication according to the prescriptions of Natalia Frolova
Usually, pains with gout are fixed on the big toe. It is not recommended to treat the disease in the most acute stage, but to give the disease to subside, only then to proceed to treatment. The best way to treat gout at home is to bee stings. There is a second way. Melt a glass of fresh unsalted butter over the fire. When the oil begins to boil, remove the foam and add an equal amount of wine alcohol. Then ignite this mixture and allow the alcohol to burn out. The remaining mass is a curative remedy for gout, but on condition that mass rubbing into sore spots will be made near a hot fire( fireplace, fire, stove).
Traditional treatment of gout at home according to Ivan Prokhorov's recipes at home
Spurge for the treatment of gout
To use for the treatment of gout. Legs soar in the decoction of milkweed.
A tripartite sequence in the treatment of gout at home.
Use with gout, arthritis, urticaria. Take for 20 minutes a bath of broth turns( 50-100 g per bucket of water), boil in a sealed container for half an hour. Bath temperature 38 ° С.It is very useful to take in the tea without the norm. Fresh grass or infusion of 4 tablespoons of herbs for 5 glasses of water rub the inflamed joints with rheumatism, arthritis, gout, you can do compresses.
Wild strawberries in the national treatment of gout
Berries contain a lot of vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B, traces of vitamin B1, sugar, citric, malic, salicylic, quinine, tannic acids, pectin substances, anti-cyanic compounds, fiber, essential oil, red pigment,a small amount of minerals, phytoncides. The leaves of strawberries are rich in iron and tannins. It is used as a dietary remedy for diseases of the heart, liver and kidneys, as a source of vitamin C. In large quantities, strawberries are used as a fortifying agent, for the regulation of the intestinal activity( with atonic constipation), in the treatment of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, diseases of the bile ducts,hypertensive disease, atherosclerosis, gout and other disorders of salt metabolism.
Folk remedy - celery odorous in the treatment of gout at home
Used for a long time as a medicinal plant for folk gout treatment. The boiled root vegetables were applied to the frostbitten places, and the essential oil contained in the plant was used with gastric colic, lack of appetite, nausea, indigestion. Celery was added to the forage of racehorses and trotting horses, because they believed that it strengthened their strength and increased endurance. Wreaths of green adorned the head in solemn occasions. Apply it and to treat gout.
The most effective juice obtained from root crops or green mass. It is taken on 1 dessert spoon 3-4 times a day for half an hour before meals. From the roots, you can also prepare the infusion: 2 tablespoons finely chopped root( you can pass through a meat grinder) pour two glasses of cold water and insist for at least 3 hours, from time to time stirring. Filtered infusion to drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
Barley in the treatment of gout at home
Used to treat many diseases: gout, cancer, scurvy, scab, with kidney stones and gall bladder, with enlarged spleen. To prepare the broth take 4-5 teaspoons of barley and 1 liter of water, cook until it remains 700 g. The resulting broth is divided into two parts of 350 g, drink before dinner and after dinner.
Prevention of gout with folk remedies at home.
- Vegetarian diet. The level of uric acid in the blood increases when food is rich in purines, and they are contained primarily in meat. It is recommended to reduce consumption of meat products.
- Sobriety. Alcohol weakens the excretion of uric acid by the kidneys. The more you drink alcohol, the more often and more gouty attacks.
- Lose weight a little. Excess weight is associated with an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood. However, to starve for gout is in no case impossible. Lose weight, but slowly and gradually.
- Caution: Aspirin. In low doses, it can increase the level of uric acid in the blood. If aspirin is prescribed in connection with a heart disease, you must tell your doctor about gout.
Diet for the treatment of gout at home
The basics of treating gout with a diet at home
- restriction of foods rich in purines;
- plentiful drink - up to 1, 5-2 l of free liquid per day;
- inclusion in the diet of berries, fruits, vegetables from among the allowed;
- restriction of table salt( up to 6-7 g / day along with contained in the products).
When treating gout, it is better to cook food without salt, salting the ready meals at the rate of 1/2 teaspoon of salt per day;complete exclusion from the diet of refractory fats and any alcoholic beverages. All patients with gout, regardless of body weight, are recommended 1 day off per week. This - "vegetable" days( 1.5 kg of vegetables in any cooking), "fruit"( 1.5 kg of apples or oranges without peel), "curd"( 400 grams of cottage cheese and 500 ml of kefir or milk a day).During unloading days with the national treatment of gout, the amount of free liquid in the diet should be at least 1.5 liters per day.
Complete starvation courses, even short-term, are not shown in the treatment of gout at home. Fasting with gout in the first days leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood with the subsequent development of an attack of gout.
If gout is combined with obesity, it is necessary to observe nutrition aimed at reducing body weight( meat and fish consumption is limited to 200-300 g per week).Decrease in body weight with gout should be gradual - no more than 1-2 kg per week.
In case of exacerbation of gout from food, meat and fish products are completely excluded. Food consists mainly of liquid food( milk, lactic acid products, kissels, compotes, vegetable and fruit juices).Especially shown in the treatment of gout at home, lemon juice with water, vegetable soups, liquid porridge. It is necessary that the patient drinks at least 2 liters of fluid per day.
Recommended meals and products in the treatment of gout at home
- in the treatment of gout can be included in the nutrition of meat, including poultry, lean, not more often 1-2 times a week, in a boiled form. We remind you that when cooking up to 50% of the purines contained in the products go into the broth;
- fish - low-fat varieties, 1-2 times a week, boiled;
- milk products can be used for gout - milk, lactic acid products, cottage cheese, sour cream, non-cheesy cheeses;
- eggs - 1 egg per day in any cooking can be treated with gout;
- fats - cream, ghee, vegetable oil;
- cereals - in moderation, any;
- bread and flour products in the national treatment of gout - wheat and rye, various products;confined products of puff and dough;
- vegetables are among the allowed for gout, in any form;the pickles and marinades are excluded from food;
- soups - dairy, fruit, vegetable( without peas, legumes, sorrel);
- cold appetizers - salads from fresh vegetables, vinaigrettes, vegetable roe;
- fruits, sweet dishes, sweets - with gout you can any fruit and berries, creams, kissels, marmalade, pastille, honey;Citrus, especially lemons and grapefruit, are desirable;
- sauces and spices - sauce on vegetable broth, tomato, sour cream, milk, citric acid, vanillin, cinnamon;
- drinks - loose tea and coffee, juices, fruit drinks, kvas, broth of wild rose, alkaline mineral water( Borjomi type).
What should be excluded from nutrition when treating gout
- from food should always exclude all alcoholic beverages;
- for gout is not possible products of animal origin: liver, kidneys, brains, meat of young animals, sausages, smoked products, canned food, fatty, smoked and salted fish, canned fish, fats - beef, lamb, pork, cooking fat, meat, fish, chicken, mushroom broth;
- it is desirable to exclude from the diet vegetables and fruits: legumes, mushrooms, sorrel, spinach, raspberries, figs,
- other: chocolate, cocoa, strong tea and coffee.
Gout medication treatment at home
Medicines for the treatment of gout are divided into oppressive formation of uric acid( uricodepressant drugs), increasing the excretion of urate with urine( uricosuric), providing chemical decay of urates( uricolitic).From the hypo-uricemic drugs, for the treatment of gout medications at home, the most common is allopurinol. Allopurinol has no analgesic effect.
Treatment of gout with medicines - reduction of serum uric acid concentration
If possible, it is necessary to cancel diuretic medicines when treating gout at home. If the concentration of uric acid in the serum is maintained above 420 μmol / l and the patient's consent to prolonged gout treatment after the third attack of arthritis, allopurinol is prescribed. In the presence of kidney stones, elevated serum creatinine, treatment with allopurinol should be started immediately. Treatment should be continuous and prolonged under the control of uric acid level in the blood - the target level is less than 0.36-0.42 mmol / l. Control of the level of uric acid is carried out after 1-2 months.after the beginning of treatment.
To prevent exacerbation, the treatment of gout with allopurinol medicament should not be started before the gout attack is relieved. The initial dose of the drug is small - 100-150 mg / day - with a gradual, within 2 weeks, increasing it to therapeutic - 300 mg / day. Further, with the effect remaining, the dose can be reduced by half. If within 2 weeks the concentration of uric acid in the serum does not decrease, the dose should be increased to 600 mg / day. With CRF( creatinine concentration of 160-560 μmol / l) the dose of the drug is reduced by 2 times. In severe CRF in the treatment of gout, this dose is usually 50-100 mg / day. When choosing a dose, it is taken into account that the effect of the drug is achieved after 7-14 days.
Gout attacks in the treatment of gout at home can be repeated for another 2-3 months after the start of treatment with the drug allopurinol, and therefore prescribe NSAIDs.
The most common side effects in the treatment of gout: rash, impaired liver function. It is rare to note oppression of bone marrow functions. Do not prescribe allopurinol together with another medication, azathioprine.
In asymptomatic hyperuricemia, the use of allopurinol to treat gout is ineffective. The main method of treatment is diet therapy.
After treatment of gout for 10-12 months.in patients with gouty arthritis, a feeling of stiffness disappears, acute attacks of gout cease, small ones become smaller and large tofuses decrease in size, the function of the kidneys improves, small calculi in the kidneys may disappear. If the patient had no acute attacks for 1 year, tofusi disappeared, you can take a break in taking allopurinol medicines for 2-3 months with the subsequent determination of the level of uricemia. When an increased level of uric acid is detected, treatment with allopurinol should be continued. With a properly selected dose and practically constant intake of small doses of this drug, it is possible to achieve complete disappearance of tofus and gouty attacks for many years.
Urikonomalizirute treatment of gout with medicines at home
Urikozuric medicines( benzbromarone, benziodarone, probenecid, etc.) contribute to excretion of uric acid in urine with a decrease in uricemia. If there is no hyperuricosuria( the traditional border is 700 mg / day), allopurinol and uricosuric medicines are shown equally. It is well known that uricosuric drugs should be prescribed to patients under the age of 60 years to treat gout at home, with satisfactory renal function and in the absence of urolithiasis.
Indications for the use of uricosuric medicines for the treatment of gout attacks: hyperuricemia resulting from decreased urinary excretion of uric acid( <700-800 mg / day of uric acid), hyperuricemia with creatinine clearance of at least 50 ml / min, patients under 60 years of age.
Contraindications to the treatment of gout with these medicines: urolithiasis and renal failure, urolithiasis type of nephropathy. In the treatment of uricosuric medicines in patients with gout, daily use of up to 2-3 liters of fluid is necessary, which is contraindicated in arterial hypertension and edematous syndrome. During the first 1-2 weeks after the beginning of taking medications, half of the patients with gout aggravated the joint syndrome due to the release of urates from the tissue depots.
Medication Benzbromarone in the treatment of gout at home is given the most attention, because it not only increases the excretion of urate by the kidneys, but also inhibits the synthesis of purine bases and the absorption of uric acid from the intestine;The dose of medication can not be reduced with moderate renal failure;it is convenient in application( a dose of 100-200 mg / day is taken once);has a sufficient effect in the inefficiency of allopurinol.
The effectiveness of probenecid medication is inferior to benzbromarone and benziodarone in the treatment of gout, adverse reactions are headache, nausea, dermatitis, fever, anemia. Medication Probenecid enhances the effects of coagulants. The initial dose of probenecid is 500-1000 mg / day, after 2-3 weeks it is increased to 1500-3000 mg. It should be emphasized the therapeutic "narrowness" of indications and clinical situations to the use of uricosuric medicines in the treatment of gout at home.
In the appointment of both allopurinol and uricosuric agents, two important circumstances in the treatment of gout at home should be borne in mind:
- As a result of the increased excretion of uric acid, the risk of stone formation and the development of urate nephropathy are increasing in the first days of the use of these medicines. In this regard, a preliminary examination of the state of the kidneys and urinary tract( creatinine, its clearance, ultrasound of the kidneys), as well as the study of urine pH.To study urine pH, paper indicators attached to commercial nitrate medicines can be used. In patients with a urine pH of less than 6, it is desirable to achieve alkalization by prescribing citrates, sodium bicarbonate in the treatment of gout before prescribing these medicines. These medicines for the treatment of gout attacks are used under constant control of urine pH, the optimal level of which is 6.2-6.6.In order to prevent stone formation, you must also drink abundantly. Preventive recommendations are carried out at least two months.
- After prescribing medicines to treat gout at home for 6-12 months, the risk of developing gout attacks increases. Therefore, it is recommended not to begin therapy with still uncompleted arthritis and use within a few months with a preventive NSAID.
Other medications to normalize uric acid level in the treatment of gout
In the first weeks of gout treatment at home, allopurinol medicament, especially with urolithiasis type of nephropathy, shows the use of drugs that help dissolve uric acid in the urine. These medications can be prescribed for all clinical variants of gout.
The solubility of uric acid in the alkaline medium increases, and the crystallization of urate and oxalate decreases with increasing citrate in the urine. Therefore, most agents that change the pH of urine contain citric acid, potassium or sodium salts. These medicines are ugly( 1 teaspoonful per 0.5 cup of water 3-4 times a day before a meal);magurlite( 6-8 g per day);Uralit( 4 measuring spoons 3 times a day);blemarene( 2-3 times a day but 1-2 scoops).
A dose of uricolytic drugs for the treatment of gout is selected individually under the control of urine pH( 6.2-6.6).Contraindications to their use: renal failure, urinary tract infection.
Phyto-therapy in the national treatment of gout has a certain hypo-rhythmic effect: decoctions of cranberry leaves and nettle nettle, rhizome of calamus, black poplar buds, pussy bark, orthosiphon, potato-celery broth, eucalyptus leaves and Malay apple. During the period of remission, late-autumned bulbs are applied to the affected joints, containing colchicine and various oils.
Salt and radon baths in the treatment of gout at home predetermine an increase in excretion of uric acid. Use of the sauna leads to a decrease in secretion and an increase in the reabsorption of uric acid by the kidneys, and this often provokes an exacerbation of gout. At the same time, the erroneous idea about the "need to wash away urate salts" in patients with gout in the sauna remains popular.
Treatment of kidney damage with gout with medicines
As a rule, already at the beginning of gout treatment, the pathological process in the kidney becomes irreversible, and morphological disturbances are observed even in the absence of changes in urine.
Pathogenetic treatment of gouty nephropathy is based on inhibition of the synthesis of uric acid. Only prolonged and continuous treatment can prevent the development of nephropathy and can be a means of primary prevention of kidney damage in the treatment of gout at home. It is considered expedient to prescribe allopurinol immediately after the diagnosis of gout.
Target pressure in patients with gout with renal pathology is less than 130/80 mm Hg, with proteinuria more than 1 g / day - less than 125/75 mm Hg.
Arterial hypertension significantly worsens the prognosis of gouty nephropathy. The medications of choice in this case are ACE inhibitors( lisinopril, enalapril), angiotensin II receptor antagonists( ARA II)( candesartan-Kandsar, etc.).calcium antagonists of 1I-III generations( diltiazem, amlodipine).
Recently, a medication of the ARA II group has been shown to have moderate uricosuric activity. The latter is explained by their ability to bind to transport proteins of the epithelium of the proximal tubules, which exchange uric acid to lactate or chlorine ions. Blocking of these transport proteins is accompanied by hyperuricosuria, but not by hypo-uricemia. It is also positive that APA II in patients with gout is capable of increasing urine pH.The effectiveness of these drugs with gout is reduced when combined with NSAIDs.
Beta-adrenoblockers and thiazide diuretics( furosemide, gynothiazide, etc.) are not applied due to their hyperuricemic effect.
Treatment of acute gouty arthritis with gout with medicines
To stop a gout attack, the rest of the affected joint is necessary, cool compresses. Also treatment with medicines is shown.
- Rapid relief in the treatment of gout brings colchicine taken at 0.5 mg every hour until the symptoms of arthritis subsided or until side effects( vomiting, diarrhea) occur, but no more than 6-8 mg / day, the drug is taken for no more than a day. The previously recommended maintenance treatment with colchicine is currently being challenged due to side effects of the drug( diarrhea, myelotoxicity).
- NSAIDs( indomethacin, diclofenac sodium, but not salicylates) are usually used in large doses and a short course( 2-3 days).Special care should be taken with concomitant diseases of the liver and kidneys, especially in elderly patients.
- The introduction of glucocorticoids into the joint cavity is tempting with a quick and clear effect, but is fraught with the danger of unrecognized septic arthritis, debuted under the mask of gout or against its background. In addition, extreme soreness of the joint with gout complicates any manipulation.
- Urticostatic and uricosuric drugs during an acute attack of gout do not apply. Any fluctuation in the concentration of uric acid in the blood can prolong the attack of gout.
Treatment of gout with medications in the interstitial period
In the treatment of gout at home, a diet that restricts the consumption of fats, alcoholic beverages, sardines, anchovies, liver, fatty meat, lettuce, spinach, and legumes( diet No. 6) is prescribed. Medicinal treatment of gout with often recurrent attacks of arthritis is carried out according to the following programs. With reduced excretion of urates, preserved kidney functions and the absence of urinary stones, it is possible to use both uricosuric and uricostatic agents.
- The most common representative of uricosuric agents( ie, drugs that increase the excretion of urate by the kidneys) is probenecid-250 mg twice a day for 1 week, then 500 mg 2 times a day. However, against the background of the use of probenecid, resistance to treatment often develops. The drug was not widely used in domestic practice. In recent years, it is proposed to combine uricosuric drugs with uricostatic( allomarone 1 tablet once a day) in the treatment of gout.
- A universally recognized uricostatic( ie, reducing urate formation) medication for the treatment of gout is allopurinol. He is appointed at a starting dose of 100 mg / day, followed by a gradual increase in the dose to 300 mg / day for 3-4 weeks. If the glomerular filtration is reduced to 30-60 ml / min, the dose of allopurinol does not exceed 100 mg / day, and for glomerular filtration 60-90 ml / min - no more than 200 mg / day.
- With increased excretion of uric acid in the urine and / or gouty lesions of the kidneys give preference to the drug allopurinolu. In the first weeks of therapy with allopurinol in these patients, the use of drugs that increase the solubility of uric acid in urine( uralit-U) has been shown. In contrast, the simultaneous use of drugs that reduce the pH of urine, for example ammonium chloride or ascorbic acid, increases the likelihood of urate stones formation during gout.
- Urikozuric medicines for excessive excretion of uric acid in urine and / or gouty kidney damage are contraindicated.
- With secondary gout on the background of hematologic, oncological diseases during the period of cytotoxic or radiotherapy, allopurinol remains the remedy for treatment.
It should be noted that the treatment of gout with anti-gouty medicines is prescribed for the primary gout for life, with the secondary - depending on the removal of a particular provocative situation. Breaks in the treatment of gout with medicines quickly lead to a relapse of the disease. In the first weeks of drug treatment of gout, fluctuations in uric acid in the blood can trigger the development of arthritis, therefore, in the initial stages of therapy, simultaneous administration of colchicine( 1.5 mg / day) or NSAIDs is advisable. It should be prescribed to the patient an active water regime - consumption of liquid not less than 3 liters / day.
Treatment of gout with conspiracies and prayers
Put in the right pocket a bone from a calf slaughtered in the same year when a person is waiting for help. At the same time, you say: "As this calf was, and now it is not, neither in the courtyard, nor in the pasture, nor in the shed, I will not have gout." As true as that bone in my right pocket, so is the truththat I will recover. "Amen."
Fold the middle and index fingers on the right hand and, using this cross to the place that bothers the patient, read in a whisper: "On the mountain where the mountain is living, there is a farmstead." It is not glass, it is wooden, from the coffins,from the houses of the deceased. I'll take care of that house, and on the farmstead I have a sickness with a slave( name). There's a disease, to live there forever, and as I said, it will be so. Amen, amen, amen. "Article specifically for the site medmoon.ru