Plane flatness treatment in children
Flat feet( longitudinal and transverse) in children are worried about modern parents almost from the first step made by the baby. As a rule, treatment is prescribed if the flat foot persists for up to 5 years or more.
Age feature or pathology?
Approximately 3-13% of children face flat feet at a young age. In fact, this condition is physiological up to 8-9 years. If the arch disappears in the standing position and appears when climbing on socks or sitting, then it is a question of flexible flat feet. Dr. Komarovsky in his advice to young mothers tells that in children of 1 year with a strong desire, any specialist will find a flattening of the foot, as this corresponds to the normal maturation of the limb.
Attention should be paid to children who have a hereditary predisposition to foot diseases, as well as the appearance of scoliosis, clubfoot and gait disturbances. Congenital dislocation of the hip, muscular dysplasia can provoke overstrain and bending of the foot. Children with established diagnoses are observed additionally.
Injuries to the feet, rickets, congenital weakness of the muscles form the prerequisites for flat feet. Reveals a surgeon's disease before the year, but after 2 years, the strengthening of bones and ligaments continues, and should be supervised by a specialist.
The question of whether the disease is treated in children - is solved depending on the orthopedist's diagnosis. There are the following types of foot deformities:
- Flexible, painless flat feet does not require urgent measures. Orthopedic insertions can aggravate the situation on the contrary. Flexible platypodia is considered pathological in pain in the foot, and the formation of calluses and uneven wear of shoes are indications for treatment.
- Fixed platypodia is the basis for buying orthopedic shoes to prevent pain. It is recommended to prevent overweight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Worries about how to cure a child, it is necessary for discomfort or pronounced signs:
- Heavy stitching of the heel on one side.
- Visible changes in the gait.
The child can refuse to walk and run, not to participate in games that require a lot of stress on his legs. When complaining of pain, you should consult an orthopedist.
How do pediatricians diagnose?
Having looked at the leg with the naked eye, an experienced orthopedist can reveal flat feet. He watches the movement of the foot during walking, sitting, standing or doing exercises, and also examines the child's shoes and the specifics of wear.
In severe cases, you will need to make an X-ray to determine the degree of deformation. The doctor directs to examine the knees and hips of the child from the surgeon in order to exclude the influence of other limb flaws on the shape of the foot.
When is treatment required?
Most of the children outgrow the problem, and the doctor will advise you to come for follow-up visits. To reduce pain, insoles, inserts and orthopedic shoes are used, which is prescribed by a specialist.
Operations are rarely performed until the skeleton is fully formed. At this age, plastic tendons do not work. Subtalar arthritis for the formation of the arch is performed only with the intensifying nature of pain, since a side effect may be degenerative arthritis in the future.
Prevention is the best treatment for
Concerns about how to treat flat feet in children are dispelled by the doctor's response - to strengthen the leg muscles. In case of obvious deformation, the complex of exercise therapy should be developed by the instructor and carried out under his guidance.
However, some simple tips can be recommended to every adult to protect the child:
- To do with infancy is easy foot massage from flat feet.
- Issue a child to walk on pebbles, sand, grass or purchase a special mat that provides massage and helps the foot to develop properly.
- Buy shoes from leather, with a small heel and a hard back.
- To put at home a sports corner for outdoor games.
- Buy a baby bike, write down for swimming.
Children with diagnosed platypodia are strictly forbidden to skate, attend ballet and engage in weightlifting.
It is worthwhile to act actively at an early age, so that anxiety about how to cure a disease in adolescents was not belated.
Home gymnastics from flat feet - the main way to strengthen the feet:
- Breeding of the toes on the legs while sitting or standing. Hold the maximum dilution point for 10 seconds, repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Point things out in the room with your toes. Select the object, point the fingers of the elongated leg, bend the knee and hold on for 5 seconds. Draw letters of the alphabet with each foot.
- Walk on the socks for 5 minutes every day, trying not to touch the floor with heels. You can use a treadmill.
- Walking on the outside of the feet. Get up barefoot on the floor or carpet, put your feet on the width of your shoulders, slightly bend at the knees. Roll the body weight onto the outer edges of the foot and slowly climb to the socks, feeling the tension of the entire longitudinal arch. Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times a day.
- Walking on sand barefoot. This allows the legs to adapt to the loads and strengthen.
Is it possible to fix a defect in adolescence?
Increasingly, there are questions about how to treat flat feet in adolescents, when the process is started and cascade anomalies appeared: ankle, knees, hip joints. To the surgeon lead the child in occasion of a curvature of a backbone or a basin, and learn about deformation of foot.
The sooner we do prevention, the more noticeable the effect will be. Up to 12-13 years, the deformation of the feet is correctable. Dangerous flat feet in that the poor cushioning function of the plantar arch leads to rapid deterioration of the spine, osteochondrosis, and this affects the work of internal organs.
Further treatment of flat feet in adolescents is the use of instep arresters and surgical intervention for significant pain.
The task of parents is to catch the ailment at a stage when correction is still permissible. Therefore, visits to the orthopedist should not be "for a tick", and physical activity should be allowed into the child's life from the kindergarten.
How to treat flat feet in children at home
Only a doctor can give an accurate, justified diagnosis. To do this, he assigns the child a planography. During this study, the person's feet are covered with a special remedy and are asked to stand on blank sheets of paper. On this fingerprint, the diagnosis of flatfoot is identified and treatment is prescribed. Such a survey provides informative indicators in adults. In the study of children, mistakes may occur due to the incomplete formation of the foot. Therefore, the younger the child, the more flat the print will be. The final diagnosis is set by the orthopedic physician.
Flat feet of any degree should be treated, or rather, take steps to properly form the foot. It is very important to visit the orthopedist for about a year. During this period of life, you can establish whether the child has a tendency to flat feet.
Symptoms of flat feet:
- When walking, children attack the inner side of the foot. This is very noticeable in their walk.
- Clumsy. It is manifested by the fact that when walking the socks the feet turn outward. It arises from the weakness of the muscles. That is, they can not hold the normal position of the foot and therefore it turns out. The normal position of the legs is determined by the parallelism of the two feet.
In case of flatfoot, even the initial degree the child may complain of pain in the foot when walking or running. Pain can be felt in the knee, shin, backbone. The gait is broken, its smoothness and lightness is lost. Children can avoid moving games.to contents ↑
Flat-footedness in the younger preschool age is no more than 3%.The congenital form of pathology is extremely rare. According to a number of researches and statistics of scientists, children are three times more likely to suffer from flat feet than those who constantly wear shoes. Exacerbates the pathology of the factor that shoes can be tight or "size with a margin."Therefore, for the prevention of the disease, it is very useful for babies to run barefoot. Natural conditions favor the normal development of the foot. Also, a large part in the formation of the foot is played by the load per foot. The risk of earning flat feet increases with low motor activity. This reason is relevant because modern children spend a lot of time with the tablet in their hands or in front of the TV at home. Such factors are classified as a sedentary lifestyle. This can trigger not only pathology of the feet, but also many other diseases. Also, the consequence of flat feet is a violation of normal posture.
When choosing children's shoes, you need to pay attention to a number of important requirements for its selection. Shoes should have a hard back, to fix the children's heel. The presence of the supinator is in the role of a compensator because of the lack of unevenness under the soles when walking. In children's shoes must be a small heel( 0.5 cm).It is not recommended to wear out someone's shoes, since it is already deformed and can spoil the baby's leg. Also, loose shoes will contribute to the uneven distribution of the load on the foot.
A full-fledged healthy diet plays an important role in the growth and proper formation of the foot. The body should receive a sufficient amount of calcium, phosphorus and vitamins. The growing body is useful for walking barefoot, massages of feet, an alternative to which can make use of a special massage mat. It can be made at home from plastic caps from bottles, chestnuts or pebbles. Walking on such a massage mat perfectly stimulates the feet and active points on them. This will have a beneficial effect on the whole body. It is also a replacement for walks on natural irregularities( sand, pebbles).In nature, you can leave the baby's legs in the socks. After all, the effect gives the foot touching the surface. The main condition is the lack of shoes on the legs. At home, you can pour dry peas on the floor and ask the baby to walk along it. This serves as a good prophylaxis for the development of flat feet in children.to table of contents ↑
Fighting the disease
How to treat flat feet in children? In childhood, longitudinal flat feet of varying degrees are common. It can be cured without surgery. If the disease is congenital, then it is necessary to start treating the disease as early as possible. For these purposes, plastering of limbs or wearing langets( special tires on the leg of reusable use) are used.
The disease can not be started. Consultation of the doctor will prompt the optimal solution of the pathology. If the process is started, a transverse can join the longitudinal flatfoot. This degree of disease will be more difficult to cure. Treatment of longitudinal flat feet is aimed at strengthening bone tissue, muscles and ligaments. Then the foot itself will return to normal. For this purpose, children are prescribed a course of therapeutic massage and special gymnastics. At the heart of the treatment are special physical exercises aimed at improving the state of muscle tone.
Foot massage with flat feet of any degree makes it possible to improve blood circulation in the feet. You can do it yourself at home. Timely prevention will help to get rid of the adverse effects of pathology.
Many people recklessly refer to minor flaws, not counting it as a disease. At the same time, developing flat feet can not only cause pain and discomfort, but also provoke the appearance of other diseases. There are longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, differing in the direction of changes in the geometry of the foot, its "flattening".
Causes of flatfoot
Symptoms and methods of treatment are almost independent of the causes of flatfoot. At the same time it is important to know, because of what such a defect can develop, in order to take preventive measures in time.
Static flatfoot can be called a modern disease, because its reasons include a small physical activity, uncomfortable high-heeled shoes, overweight. Summarizing all these factors, we can say that the most common( more than 80% of cases) type of flatfoot is associated with lethargy, atrophy and weakness of muscles and leg ligaments.
Flattening is a fairly common consequence of injuries to the ankles, ankles and other leg injuries. Flat feet can be caused by deformation of the tissues fixing the arches of the feet, or be the result of improper treatment of trauma, violation of the rehabilitation regime after trauma.
Flattening as a consequence of the transferred diseases
Some diseases that disrupt the work and development of muscles, bone apparatus and ligaments, can cause flat feet.
- Paralytic platypodia. Among the frequent consequences of poliomyelitis - paralysis of muscle tissue sites. In cases where the pathology extends to the tibial muscles or the muscles of the foot, paralysis causes a paralytic flat foot( paralytic flat foot).
- Ricky flatfoot. The weakening of the bone system during rickets inevitably affects the development of muscle tissue and connective tissue. The combination of these phenomena often leads to deformation of the feet and rachitic flat feet.
Congenital flat feet are extremely rare - about 3% of all known cases of the disease. Among other things, this is explained by the complexity of the diagnosis of flatfoot in newborns - up to 4-5 years, children's feet are equipped with fat pads, which do not allow to get a full demonstration impression of the foot.
Imprints of cream-stained or staining foot prints are one of the simplest and most common methods of determining the presence and degree of flatfoot. The second effective method is an X-ray, which is not recommended for small children without emergency. In addition, the discomfort and pain caused by flatfoot, the newborn baby can not experience.
The cause of fetal flat-footed development may be imbalance in the diet of a pregnant woman, which does not allow the full development of connective tissue in the child's body. In addition, the cause of congenital platypodia can become diseases that have been transferred during pregnancy.
Typical features of flatfoot 2 degreesIf flat feet of the first degree is practically asymptomatic and can be detected only with an X-ray or by indirect evidence, then the disease developed to the second degree should be urgently treated. It is important to consult a specialist orthopedist who will put an accurate diagnosis and recommend the most effective technique. The reasons for the emergency treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees are somewhat:
- It is at this stage of flatfoot that painful sensations appear in the legs and lower back. In some cases, flat feet can be the cause of headaches.
- With flat feet of the second degree, visually noticeable leg defects appear: an increase in size, deformation. In addition, flat feet can provoke curvature of toes, formation of callous growths, ingrowth of nails.
- Flat feet of the second degree can spoil the gait and posture, there is clubfoot, uncertainty when walking.
- It is at the second stage that the flatfoot progresses most intensively, therefore, having missed the moment, it will be necessary to deal with a flat-footed third degree and more serious disorders.
Treatment of flatfoot of the second degree
To cure a flat foot 2 degrees, at first glance, it is not difficult. Unfortunately, not all have the patience to follow the doctor's recommendations without interruptions. The complexity of treatment lies in its duration, however, it is precisely this that guarantees that the painful sensations and external manifestations of the disease will remain in the past.
Massage for the treatment of platypodia
Massage and self-massage of the feet is an effective and effective way to restore normal circulation of the legs in the shortest time, which will help restore muscles and ligaments. Special massage movements can stimulate muscle tissue, restoring its functionality
Fighting flat feet with water procedures
Contrasting baths are also capable of restoring blood circulation and metabolic processes in the tissues of the legs. Contraindications to such procedures are cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
How to cure a flat foot 2 degrees of gymnastics?
As a home gymnastics for the treatment of flatfoot can also be the usual walking barefoot. It is best to restore feet walking on uneven surfaces( sand, pebbles, a special massage mat).Effective exercises are the kicking of balls of various sizes, picking up small objects with your toes. Walking on socks and on the heels, stretching socks, circular movements of feet, flexion and extension of legs in the ankles are also aimed at combating flatfoot.
Best if home gymnastics is an addition to the complex of exercises recommended by the orthopedist. The specialists determine the most effective movements and calculate the load based on the patient's individual data: age, weight, general health, etc.
style = "display: inline-block; width: 580px; height: 400px"
Topicality of treatmentPlatypodia
Many people think that flat feet is not such a dangerous disease as, for example, arthritis, but in vain. It is flatfoot, untreated in time, can become one of the reasons for the formation of dangerous health complications. These include such "adult" diagnoses as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, arthrosis, arthritis including.
Is flatfoot treated and how effective is treatment? The answer is simple - flatfoot can be completely corrected only up to the child's age of 6-7 years, and in adults - only carry out a correction. That is why treatment and correction of flat feet are relevant for adults and children, and therapeutic gymnastics is a good help in complex therapy.Before starting flatfoot treatment at home, you need to get a doctor's consultation. This must be done to assess the degree, shape of flat feet, and also to choose orthopedic footwear and insoles.
What can I do at home? These are measures aimed at overall health promotion, nutrition correction, walking tours, classes, exercises and much more.
- In summer, you can walk and walk without shoes, it is advisable to choose a rocky surface for this. On the plantar surface of the foot are all active points, so this walk not only forms anatomical arches of the foot, but contributes to overall health.
- From sports you can go swimming, especially swimming in the style of the crawl. Leg movements with this style develop rotational movements of the foot. If conditions permit, and the disease is mild, you can do ski sports or figure skating. This will keep the foot in a strictly horizontal position.
- A good effect is provided by a flat-foot massage, which can be done by using simple techniques. For this, stroking, kneading, rubbing, squeezing are used. Massage tones muscles, ligaments and fascia, and their tone, in turn, leads to correction of the foot.
- It is necessary to teach the child to walk properly. To do this, for several minutes 6-7 times a day, ask him to walk, straightening his shoulders, lifting his head, and the feet should be strictly horizontal and parallel to each other.
- The main condition for treatment is therapeutic gymnastics with flat feet. Use for this instructor is not necessary, because the techniques are simple and easily duplicated, even by children.
How to cure flat feet with simple exercises, you ask? To understand what happens during the exercises, it is necessary to recall that flat feet is a disease of the whole musculoskeletal system. A load that is not distributed correctly can lead to dangerous illnesses in adulthood. And the flat foot is treated only with shoes or insoles, as it is necessary to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the entire leg and lower parts of the spine, because the innervation of the foot begins in the lumbar part of the spine.
Complex of exercises with flat feet( click to enlarge).
The complex of exercises
- hands are stretched upward, we go on socks;
- hands on the waist, we go on the heels;
- hands on the waist, we walk on the outside of the foot;
- tennis ball clamped between the feet, we walk on the outside of the foot.
In the standing position:
- hands on the belt, stand on the outside of the foot, turn the trunk to the right and left;
- we stand on the outside of the foot, we rise on the toes.
Standing on a stick:
- move on a stick, placing stops both along and across.
In the sitting position:
- legs are stretched forward, bend, unbend fingers;
- legs are bent at the knees, maximally bred and heel, not taking off socks from the floor;
- legs are stretched forward, pulling the socks as much as possible, and then pulling ourselves away;
- legs are extended forward, we reduce and we breed legs, joining stops;
- legs are stretched forward, grab a pencil and lift;
- legs stretched forward, grab a tennis ball, toss it and catch it;
- legs are bent at the knees, we roll a tennis ball from the sock to the heel along the longitudinal arch.
In the position of the body at an angle of 45 degrees:
- raise both legs and torso at an angle of 45 degrees and hold as much as you can.
How often to do gymnastics
All the exercises need to be done regularly, for 1.5-2 years, giving it 15-20 minutes per day. Each exercise should be done, repeating several times.
How to cure flat feet with walking, if in some regions only 2-3 months a year is warm? In winter time, you can adjust the massage mat for walking. Make a massage mat from flat feet with your own hands is not difficult - just enough for dense fabric threads or glue to attach small items( buttons, curlers, glass stones and other small items).
Early detection of the diagnosis and timely treatment started are the key to a full recovery. A therapeutic gymnastics, held regularly, can become an indispensable assistant in successful treatment.
To which doctor should I go with a flatfoot, and can I cure it at home?
Orthopedics, podiatrists( not pediatricians, and podiatrists), and some masseurs engaged in the treatment of flatfoot
Flatfoot, if it is strong, we must try to cure
With a strong degree of flatfoot and with heavy loads on the legs, unfortunately, in adolescents and adults oftenlegs will hurt, and even the head. At least fatigue is much higher
Because with flatfoot sharply decreases depreciation and there is a strong overload of the spinal cord and brain
With flat feet, the spine suffers.
Treatment must include
- Massage with an experienced masseur
- LFK( persistent and daily)
( like heels, on the toes, on the outside and inside of the foot)
A very important exercise is to bend and unbend fingers( as if in a fist)
Roll rolling-bottle-tube with pressure
And not only along, but also across!
Massage mat( toddle)
- If there is already a flatfoot, it may be necessary Supinators.(But, better done specially for you or at least matched for you)
and it is very ambiguous whether they should always be worn. It's like glasses.
I have goggles, and then you can not remove it-it may be more appropriate to spend some time TRAINING by walking without the insteps or in other insteps.
. You can also see my site about the treatment of flatfoot and "bones"
( blanks in hallus-valgus.. ru)
For prevention it is very important to walk barefoot, but not on the floor, not on the asphalt, but on the uneven surface( pebbles, cones, grass).
For physical education and sports it is advisable to buy good sneakers, and not run from bad sneakers or casual"Chuvaki".
For sure you are interested, but how objectively the flat foot
is measured. Here is the answer to this question: //otvet.mail.ru/question/63121079/
There in detail about many methods + photo
If there are questions, write personally
You need to contact the surgeon!
To the orthopedist. Treatment depends on the severity of the disease. Someone is helped by a special massage and rolling around with round objects( rollers, special rolling pins).Orthopedic insole, made specifically for your specific case.
You need to address not to the surgeon, but to the orthopedist = traumatologist. Surgical treatment of flat feet is rare. Consult a doctor, there are special shoes and a set of exercises.
"A surgeon who deals with flatfoot problems is called an orthopedist." - What kind of nonsense? From what suddenly? Traumatology and orthopedist are surgical specialties, I agree, but under the term surgeon in our country, general surgeons, abdominal, are understood. And the orthopedist, excuse me from another "opera".
in principle can. I need shoes with a bug inside.more often such only sneakers are.
only to orthopedist for preventive insoles
The surgeon who deals with flatfoot problems is called an orthopedist. With flatfoot, a set of special exercises is assigned, which must be performed daily. Exercises are done just the same at home.
Also prescribed special insoles for shoes with a convexity - insteps.
All details from an orthopedist, if there is no doctor in your village - then ask in Yandex or Google - special exercises to eliminate flat feet.
To the orthopedist. Almost impossible.
Orthopedic treatment of flatfoot
flat feet is not treated..so, pick up orthopedic shoes or insole to facilitate your legs. Descend or go to the orthopedist and you learn all more in detail.
NOT FOR THE HIRING!I had a flat foot, but I got rid of it. Meliards of ways - it's not scary. Some wear special orthopedic insoles. I just stupidly put it when sitting at the computer, such things like kalesiks and massaged their legs( just moving them forward, backwards) well, and did not trample down my leg into the inside.in the pool is easy to get rid of. Try to massage your foot more often and everything here and do not curl your back( it's all connected)