Charge to strengthen the muscles of the back in scoliosis, osteochondrosis and hernias of the spine
With various diseases of the back, one of the main methods of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics. In fact, this is just a charge for strengthening the muscles of the back and neck,, which is used in almost all diseases of the spine - osteochondrosis, scoliosis, kyphosis, etc. It gives the ability to tone the muscles surrounding the spine and improve their condition. And although many do not take this stage of treatment very seriously( by that time, the pain sensations have practically disappeared and the standard human psychology works: "does not hurt - it means it is healthy"), but its importance is difficult to overestimate, because this particular component of treatment best protects against relapsesdisease. Such charging is useful for preventive purposes, especially in cases where professional activity involves a long stay in one position, which leads to fatigue of the muscles.
The simplest variant of such gymnastics are various exercises on the bar and the Swedish wall. For the health of the spine, these projectiles are much more useful than the barbell or dumbbell, as efforts are directed against the vector of gravity, thereby stretching the spine, which in the early stages of the disease can be very useful. But such complexes on the horizontal bar are not applicable for people whose illness has gone far enough, therefore, it makes no sense to consider them.
Charge for the lumbosacral section
It is this department of the spine that most often "suffers" from various diseases. It's not surprising - it's the biggest load on him, and he can not fully relax and rest.( In most cases, the muscle tension of this department is observed even when a person rests).That is why it is very important that the muscles of the lumbosacral spine always be in "form".For this, a number of not very complex exercises are used. All exercises are performed lying on a smooth surface, hands should be located along the body, but you can not help yourself while doing the exercise:
- Bend the left leg, lift it up, then straighten and smoothly lower it. Similarly with the right foot.
- The same exercise, but performed with two legs simultaneously.
- A familiar "exercise bike" exercise is performed first forward, then backward.
- "Horizontal scissors" is also familiar to almost everyone. Perform a little raised above the floor legs.
- "Vertical scissors" - similar to the previous exercise, but performed in a vertical plane.
- Roll over on the belly, legs for emphasis need to be fixed. Hands are located on the back of the head. We inhale and bend back, for 10-15 seconds we hold the position, then we lower ourselves on exhalation. We repeat the exercise up to 15 times( the quantity is chosen according to the state of health, since the exercise is rather difficult).When the muscles are strong, you can use an additional load of 2-3 kg during the exercise.
- We turn to the back. We shake the legs to the stomach, turn them in one direction, and head and chest - in another, performing a kind of "twisting".
- Semi-resistor. With this exercise, we stay on our backs, but we bend our knees, after which we raise the pelvis on inhalation, and lower it on exhalation. Repeat up to 10 times.
- Raise the legs and hold them at an angle of 45 degrees, after which they do not stop to "write" them numbers from 0 to 9.
Charging for the cervical department of
Problems in the cervical region - the second by "popularity".In this case, the situation is exacerbated by the high density of the neural canals and blood vessels, so the slightest disturbances( even the formation of a relatively innocuous protrusion) can respond with serious disorders, pain and neurologic symptoms. In addition, the cervical section has one more specificity - it should provide reliable support to the head, but at the same time have sufficient mobility. In a normal state, he copes with such a contradictory task, but with a disease such a balance is violated. Therefore, exercises for the neck are aimed not only at strengthening the muscles, but also on their "stretching":
- Standing or sitting bending the neck, trying to maximize the chin to the breast. After this, slowly unbend the neck and "tilt" the head back as much as possible. At the bend we exhale, on bending - in the doves, at the moments of fixation of the position we hold our breath for the same time. The exercise is repeated 10 times.
- Standing or sitting we put a palm on the forehead and press on it for about 15 seconds, while maintaining the immobility. As an option - to rest your head against the wall.
- Exercise for traction. To do this, we couple the fingers on the back of the head, reduce the elbows, and place the chin on the forearm. After that, the palms rest on the back of the head, and the forearms that are brought together maximally raise. This position is fixed for 10-15 seconds.
- We lay down on the belly, hands are placed along the trunk, the palms pointing upwards. The chin is flush with the trunk. Relax and slowly turn your head to the right and left, trying to touch the floor with your ear.
- In the same position, put the chin in the palm of your hand, relax your neck. Rotate the head the same way as in the previous exercise.
Rules for Exercising the
The basic rule for performing such charging is no sharp and fast movements. Everything is done slowly and smoothly, so as not to harm the already not too healthy spine. Also, you can not perform exercises "through pain" - if pain occurs during the exercise, it is better to skip it or perform it to the extent that the pain does not appear. Similar exercises are usually used as "beacons" to mark progress in treatment.
Exercises for back with osteochondrosis
One of the terrible ailments that affects more than half the people in the world is osteochondrosis. And regardless of whether an unpleasant diagnosis is made or not, it is worthwhile to help the body strengthen the muscles supporting the spine, and regularly perform exercises for the back with osteochondrosis. After all, the causes that give rise to the disease can become:
- the resulting injury;
- hypothermia in the autumn-winter period;
- hereditary predisposition;
- work related to lifting and carrying heavy loads;
- uncontrolled sports activities associated with the load of the back;
- metabolic disorder and unbalanced diet;
- is overweight;
- nervous state, stress;
- presence of clubfoot, flat feet.
It is necessary to practice training after a decrease or even complete disappearance of pain in the spine and only after agreeing a set of works to strengthen the muscles of the back with the attending physician, who decided to switch to physiotherapy. Specially developed exercises against back osteochondrosis will gradually make stronger and stronger muscles of the back and abdomen, which will ease the burden on the damaged spine.
Therapeutic physical culture during the period when the painful syndrome has receded, it is desirable to engage with a specialist of exercise therapy, who will correctly select the exercises for back with osteochondrosis that are appropriate to the condition and physical form. In addition, he will closely monitor the correctness of the training complex and the patient's well-being.
Of course, with the permission of the doctor, training can be done at home independently. It is necessary to remember the main requirements for performing physical exercises:
- in no case do any sudden movements, especially affecting the muscles of the back;
- the number of repetitions of one exercise should be minimal to avoid unwanted overload and cause pain;
- exercise only in the absence of pain in the spine;
- performance of exercises should be regular with a gradual increase in the repetitions of each exercise in the complex in order to achieve an effective result;
- in case of pain in the training process - immediately contact your doctor.
Several exercises, the purpose of which is to strengthen the back muscles will be described below. You can use them as a complex after agreeing with a doctor who observes the course of the disease and as a prophylaxis to those who have not been diagnosed with a diagnosis.
For the first time when starting to perform exercises against osteochondrosis, you should choose the position: lying on the stomach or back. Less significant than doing exercises while standing or sitting, the load will be in a standing position on all fours. If the diagnosis is confirmed by a doctor - the initial stages of osteochondrosis, then you can start a set of exercises with a fence on the crossbar - the spine is stretched. In this position, you need to try to relax your back muscles. Should not hang more than two minutes.
Exemplary complex of exercises
Each element of the complex should be repeated for the beginning no more than 4 times. Trainings are conducted daily with a gradual increase in repetitions.
Starting position: lying on stomach.
Smoothly lift above the floor first the right arm, extended forward, and the left leg, then the right arm and the left leg. We create an imitation of swimming. To repeat for the beginning no more than 4 times.
. Starting position: lying on the back.
The legs are bent at the knees, and the feet are firmly pressed to the floor. We begin: head to the right, we lay our feet to the left, trying to reach the floor. Then head to the left and legs to the right. Repeat for the beginning no more than 4 times.
Starting position: lying on the back.
The legs, bent at the knees, slowly pull up to the chest, grabbing them with your hands. We lift the head, we try to group. We keep in the most grouped state for a few seconds and smoothly return to the starting position. Repeat no more than 4 times if you are doing it for the first time.
Exercises to strengthen the back muscles at home
The back is usually hidden by clothes, so it's possible to impress the surrounding with developed spinal muscles only when visiting the pool or on the beach. Regular exercise for strengthening the muscles of the back allows you to less fatigue and strain, prevents scoliosis, helps to form a correct posture.
Musculature of the back form the widest and trapezoidal muscles.
The widest muscle of the begins at the bottom of the spine and covers the back diagonally up to the armpits. The developed upper part forms characteristic "wings" on the sides, why the silhouette of the figure resembles an inverted triangle. The lower part slits at the waist. To inflate the latissimus muscle it is necessary to apply various exercises, it can not be developed by a single training movement.
The trapezoidal muscles of the form a rhombus at the top of the back, grip the shoulders, neck and base of the skull, participate in the movement of the shoulder blades, lift the shoulders.
Why strengthen the back muscles
Bunches and muscles attached to segments of the spine, support the trunk in an upright position, allow you to bend, twist, twist.
Strong back muscles activate metabolic and energy processes. If they are not strengthened with simple exercises at home, symptoms of of osteochondrosis , a dystrophic change of the intervertebral discs, may appear.
Regular exercise exercises, developed spinal muscles help to cope with increased stress on the spine, caused by an unnatural vertical position. In addition, the spinal cord is placed inside the spine, connected by the nerve roots with internal organs and muscles.
Because of the weakness of the back muscles, individual parts of the spine become excessively compressed, causing the intervertebral discs to squeeze and become less elastic. As a result, the sites of articulations of the spinal column are less lubricated, faster abrasion, overgrowth with pathological outgrowths of by osteophytes .
Training exercises to strengthen the dorsal muscles helps the spine to cope with the load, prevents degenerative changes in intervertebral discs.
Weak development of the spinal musculature aggravates congenital( scoliosis) or acquired pathology, often caused by a sedentary sedentary lifestyle, abnormal posture, excessive body weight, weakness of the abdominal press, laziness to perform the simplest charging for the back, as well as trauma to the spine.
In case of back pain, before performing exercises to strengthen and stretch the muscles, you should contact a specialist to diagnose and accurately dose the load.
If the pain in the back is caused by muscle weakness, the doctor prescribes rest, the movements causing discomfort are excluded. As a result of prolonged inactivity, the spinal musculature is weakened even more, which is why its function is violated. To break out of the vicious circle, it is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the back with physical exercises, gradually increasing the load.
Regular home training and development of back muscles by simple exercises prevents the appearance of pain, helps to avoid injuries to the spinal column.
Prophylaxis of pain in the muscles of the back and spine
Along with performing exercises to strengthen the back, follow the recommended recommendations to relieve the spine and avoid injuries.
- Lifting the heaviness, slightly bend the legs, the back is straight. This reduces the load on the lumbar region.
- To take the habit of getting one foot forward from the chair, to carry a part of the body weight on the armrests with the help of hands.
- If you have to stand for a long time, to reduce the load on the spine, put one foot on a low stand, alternately change legs.
- Sleeping on the side, the posture on the abdomen loads the lower back. With a sleep on the back to relieve tension in the lumbar region under the knees to put a cushion.
The habit of overeating, the accumulation of fat deposits in the lower abdomen in combination with the weakness of the abdominal musculature causes back pain, as the load on the intervertebral discs becomes uneven. For the prevention of osteochondrosis, you need to normalize body weight by any means, perform exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back and training the abdominals.
Cleansing the joints with bayonet infusion
To prevent pain in the spine, dissolve in the joints of salts and slags before pumping the dorsal muscles, it is necessary to cleanse the bay leaf infusion:
- Grind 30-40 laurel leaves, brew a half cup of boiling water, and soak in a water bath for 10 minutes. Insist in a thermos for four hours, drain.
Take small meals throughout the day, eating vegetarianly. To be treated this way three days, a week to repeat the course.
Dissolving salts with bay leaf is performed first once every three months, then once a year. Before the procedure, cleanse the intestines, using any wellness technique.
How to train for back pain
Exercise "elongated triangle " to strengthen and eliminate pain in the dorsal muscles. Stand upright, straightened arms to the sides, legs wider than shoulders with socks forward. Rotate the sock of the right leg sideways by 90 degrees, tilt the trunk to the right, the diluted arms are perpendicular to the floor. To touch with the right brush of lifting the foot, the head is turned face to the left hand. Strive to keep your back and shoulders in one plane. Repeat for the other side.
For the prevention of pain and training of the back muscles, the exercise with gymnastic stick is helpful. Starting position: stand upright, feet shoulder width apart, hands of the lowered arms hold the ends of the stick. Raise your arms and bend. Return to the starting position. Repeat 15-25 times.
It is not necessary to strengthen the aching back with exercises, lifting the trunk or legs. If done incorrectly, they can hurt, even if the back has never hurt.
Exercises for relaxing the back
A simple set of exercises helps stretch the spinal muscles. Reduced muscle tension, relaxes the spine, can quickly fall asleep.
Lie on your back, straighten your arms to make a head between them.
- Pull your legs and arms in opposite directions for 3-5 seconds, after you relax.
- Pulling diagonally: pull the toe of the foot and the opposite hand. After a delay of 3-5 seconds, relax, perform for the other leg and arm.
When performing these exercises on stretching the back muscles, pull in the belly, massaging the internal organs.
- To sit on the rug, clasp crossed forearms of the lower leg, the legs are bent. Round your back, take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Take the original position.
- Stand near the door, rest with the palms placed at the level of the shoulders in the casing. Bend and unbend arms as if pushing away from the floor, feeling the stretching of the dorsal muscles.
- Sit on a smooth smooth mat, clasp your bent legs, pressing them to the trunk, chin close to your knees, round your back. Smoothly roll from the coccyx to the nape of the neck 5-10 times, returning to the sitting position to relax your back, to make it more flexible.
Back muscles training in the office
Simple exercises perfectly train the muscles of the back and abdominals, strengthen the lumbar spine.
- Sit on a chair without armrests, hold on to the seat, back straight. Raise the knee bent in the knee up, hold for 5 seconds, slowly put the foot on the floor, while simultaneously starting to lift the other leg. It is important to feel the tension in the lower back, the tone of the muscles of the abdominal press. Repeat 8-10 times at a slow pace.
- Sit facing the back of the chair to the very edge, hands on top of the back, straight back, abdominal press slightly tense. Increasing the tension of the abdominal muscles, lean towards the back, delaying for 3-5 seconds. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Sitting on the edge of the chair, as in the previous exercise, place the brush on the back of the back. Sloping slightly, try to keep the shoulder blades and elbows together.
- Continuing to sit, spread hands in the sides perpendicular to the trunk at shoulder level, bend the elbows. Try to bring the shoulder blades together.
- Standing to hold hands behind the trunk, the back is straight. Raise your hands straight up as far as possible, developing and strengthening the trapezius muscles.
Home exercises for strengthening the dorsal muscles
The simplest spine training, especially useful for osteochondrosis and posture disorders - pull-ups. The crossbar is not difficult to build a house, it is installed in almost every yard playground.
The following exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back and spine resemble cat's gymnastics:
- Stand on all fours, knees and arms on the width of the shoulders. Straighten the press, straighten the spine in a line, pull one leg back, and the opposite hand - forward, to the formation of a straight line, to stretch. Lock the position for a couple of seconds or longer. Slowly return to the starting position. Relax for 10 seconds, repeat for the other arm and leg. Exercise strengthens the back muscles, trains the press, thighs and buttocks.
- In the position on all fours, bend your back up. After a few seconds, bend downward to strain the lumbar and thoracic spine. Hold for a few seconds. Repeat 5-10 times.
Exercise "scissors" for the development and training of the spinal musculature: lie on the stomach, hands along the trunk. Raise and cross the straight legs. Repeat 5-10 times, 2-3 approaches.
Lie on your stomach, clasped hands on the back of your head. At the same time, raise the trunk and legs, bend over the waist, trying to tear the hips from the rug. Return to the starting position and relax for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 8-10 times.
The starting position as in the previous exercise, but the legs are fixed. Raise your torso, while spreading your arms to the sides. On exhalation return to the starting position. Repeat 8-10 times.
Exercises for the back - strengthening the back muscles at home
The back, despite the apparent power, is the weakest place in a person, because it's the backbone that weighs all the weight associated with the body. It is believed that sooner or later, any of us gets a problem disease associated with the vertebral column. According to doctors, back pain is a "payoff" for walking on two legs. In order to mitigate the "verdict", one should study and apply a set of effective exercises for the back daily.
Why does the back of
hurt? Problems with the spine catch us in the earliest childhood, some babies get birth trauma already at birth. Next come scoliosis, especially often manifested in adolescence. A little later, osteochondrosis and hernia of different parts of the spine join. All these problems are expressed by the same signs: headaches, as well as pain syndromes in the back and extremities.
To date, there are only two methods that can reduce the suffering of people with back problems: surgical intervention or therapeutic exercise. Naturally, the surgeon's scalpel is the extreme solution to the problem. But the physical exercises on the back, which, by the way, operate quite effectively, are considered a panacea for many problems.
Many people are worried about the question of whether to cancel medications prescribed by the attending physician if the condition improves after training. You can stop taking only painkillers. Preparations that have an anti-inflammatory effect should be used by the course. Regular training can only help to strengthen the muscles and, if the pains are "released", it does not mean that inflammation has passed.
Why "swing" the back
A huge load falls on the vertebral column daily. Try to drag the weight of kilograms at seventy, or even more. Plus add the problems of heels, heavy bags, uncomfortable positions during sleep and work. Strengthening the muscles of the back, a person reduces the load on the spine, part of it goes to the muscle corset.
In addition, exercises for the muscles of the back, including the widest, allow you to improve your posture, which makes you look slimmer and taller. Those who swings the back muscles, for the better, gait changes, pains in the back and legs are reduced. Physical therapy for the back is an integral part of rehabilitation after various injuries.
Naturally, before you decide on a set of exercises, you should consult a doctor, take a series of activities to examine the spine and soft tissue and only then take for training. Well, if the complex of exercises is recommended by the practitioner, and not the coach from the gym, as, for example, exercises for back with dumbbells can not be done by everyone.
Effective exercises for the back
For various diseases of the back, different exercises are shown. Some carry a large load on the muscles and spine, others - the smaller. Therapeutic exercises for the back with osteochondrosis help to improve the mobility of the spine, strengthen the muscles of the back and restore the posture.
Exercises for the back at home are best to begin with stretching the spine, hanging on the bar( or the Swedish wall).This exercise is desirable to do 1-2 minutes or how much power. All concentration should go exactly to the spine, its relaxation, stretching the vertebrae from top to bottom. After a short rest, try to pull on the crossbar( this strengthens the muscles of the arms, shoulder girdle and neck), bend back, then bend the legs at right angles to the body. Movements are made smoothly, without jerks, focusing attention on the muscles of the back.
A good back exercise for scoliosis strengthens the dorsal muscles: from the standing position on all fours, bring the right knee to the left elbow, round the neck - exhale, then pull the arm and leg as far as possible, bend - inhale. Try not to swing and balance yourself with the effort of strained back muscles. Alternate arm and leg, repeat - no more than 10.
Exercise to strengthen the back: lie down on the couch with your stomach down so that only the upper part of the body lies on it, and the pelvis and legs hang down. Holding on to the side edges of the couch, slowly raise the closed legs so that the line of torso and legs is almost parallel to the floor. Try to keep your feet on weight for 5-6 seconds, then just as slowly and smoothly lower it. Repeat 6-8 times.
If after any simple exercises no pain is observed, then you can try to increase the load by adding the "strong back" exercise. An exercise will be used to strengthen the muscles of the back, including for healthy people, as a preventive one. Despite the complexity, it should be noted, since constant training will help to strengthen the muscular corset due to the pulling action on the axial skeleton. In this exercise, for the muscles of the back, the musculature of the back works at the limit and strengthens the muscles of the spine and abdomen.
"Strong Back".Lay down on the rug, put a flat cushion under the waist, bend your knees slightly, spread them to the width of the pelvis. Fingertips with effort, point to yourself, and with your heels press on the floor. Elbows, too, slightly bend, stretch the brushes and turn to the shoulders. Exercise is done by press: tear off the back of the head from the floor, pull the chin to the chest as much as possible. Feel how muscles stretch along the cervical and back along the entire spine. Hands and feet remain tense. Fix this position for a few seconds, then lie down and relax.
Yogotherapy will relieve pain
Conservative treatment of hernia of the lumbosacral spine can be borrowed in yogotherapy. Exercises for the back with hernia noticeably weaken the pain syndrome in the back. The main thing in this business is not to overdo it and keep track of your feelings. Yoga is designed for physically trained people, and trying to make the exercise perfect from the first time is useless.
To start yoga should be gradually, first "trying on" and "imitating" professionals, then adjusting their movements. Thus, in a few sessions it will be possible to get a good effect.
Supat parshva akunchanasana is performed on a bench or couch: lie on your stomach, and one leg hang down to the floor. The muscles are unloaded under their own weight of the foot. Change the position and join the other leg.
Supat padangushthasana ( in this exercise, you need a strap): Lie on the back mat, loop the loop around the heel of one leg and move the leg( the knee can be bent) far to the side, pulling the strap with his hands and straightening the knee. Stop on yourself. Hip and leg lying on the rug, do not tear off the floor. With your free hand, stretched out to the side, help yourself to maintain a stable position. Hold the shoulders to the floor, spread the thorax. Feel the tension of the muscles of the spine and thighs, go back to the starting position. Do the asana with the other leg, just pulling it off with the belt as far as possible to the side.
Bhujangasana( snake) helps with curvature of the spine: lie on your stomach, palm rest on the floor near the chest, inhale and slowly lift the upper part of the trunk upwards, caving as far back as possible. Feel the tension of the dorsal muscles. Lift the torso not so much at the expense of the hands, but at the expense of the muscles of the back( imagine a snake raising its head).
Chalasana( plow) is recommended for prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis. Lying on your back, raise your legs slowly to the ceiling, hands back into the pelvis and help them lift the trunk, thus performing the asana candle( sarvangasana).From this position on exhalation continue smoothly to get your legs behind your head, trying to get your socks to the floor. You can stop when you feel a slight pain. Pose this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your legs to the floor. Exercise "plow" can not be done with intervertebral hernias and serious back problems.
Mattresses, shoes and proper nutrition for the health of the back
Even with weak back pains, it is necessary to completely revise the whole way of life, because this is the first call to the accumulated problems. To cause unpleasant sensations can, for example, an uncomfortable bed: a too high pillow, a soft mattress or shoes with high heels and an unsuitable shoe. Particular attention should be paid to food. According to many experts, too salty food or lack of calcium, protein, minerals can also contribute to the development of diseases of the spine.