Symptomatics and treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees with arthrosis
With age, the bone system becomes fragile, as a result, pathological changes occur in the bones, which in turn lead to deformation of the joint and changes in the structure of the foot. There is a flat foot 2 degrees with arthrosis.
Flattening is a disease in which the foot becomes flattened, and in some cases is quite flat - when it completely touches the surface.
The medical definition of flat feet is a pathological change in the shape of the feet, in which the longitudinal and transverse arches are omitted.
Platypodia of 2nd degree is characterized by painful sensations in:
- zone of the arch of the foot;
- area of the sole;
- heel area.
And the painful sensations are continuous, have a permanent character. This is what distinguishes the second degree from the first. But with flat feet of the first degree, the legs begin to hurt late in the evening, and after the person rests, the painful sensations stop. At the second stage - the pain is regular.
Causes of flatfoot 2 degrees with arthrosis
- congenital dysplasia - defect in the structure of the joints;
- acquired trauma - fracture, stretching( stop, heel bones, ankles);
- bone formation disorder caused by rickets;
- is overweight;
- disturbed metabolism in the body;
- wrong, uncomfortable shoes.
Flattening with arthrosis is most common in females. This is because the fair sex wears compressive shoes with heels above 5 cm. Uncomfortable shoes with a 12 centimeter heel squeeze the feet, while the blood circulation is disrupted. This leads to a deficiency of vitamins, nutrients, as a consequence - deformation of articular cartilage, which does not produce new cells. After a while, flat feet appear. But not only because of deformity, flat feet of the 2nd degree appear in women. Disorders of the endocrine system after 50 years, the onset of menopause are the cause of flat feet with arthrosis.
Congenital joint deformities are the cause of future arthrosis and flat feet. Many people throw everything on their own and do not suspect that the disease is developing intensively. They turn to the orthopedist already with a big problem and a progressive disease.
Children should always do massage and buy only orthopedic shoes. In this case, when the child grows up, the possibility of flat-foot 2 degrees with arthrosis will be guaranteed to be excluded.
Symptomatic flatfoot of the second degree with arthrosis
- persistent pain;
- swelling of feet and feet;
- deformation of the bones of the feet;
- distortion of finger shapes;
- redness of some areas of the skin;
- crunching of bones.
In the second stage of flatfoot there are regular pain sensations, even if a person does not walk, but is at rest. Gradually, pain sensations appear not only in the foot, but also in the ankle, hip joint and lower back.
Puffiness and fatigue of the feet caused by deforming arthrosis, passes only after applying an anesthetic ointment and night rest, not less than 8 hours. Due to the fact that the foot becomes wider, it is inconvenient for a person to sit down or keep the whole body in balance.
Flattening of 2nd degree is characterized by strong painful sensations, if a person puts on a squeezing footwear. But often women, to look spectacular, all the same, putting down the pain, put on their favorite shoes. Because of the painful sensations, the gait changes, and from the side of the girl they look clumsy. Not the worst thing that others think, the most important is that in such cases the condition of bones worsens, but also the posture, which, in turn, gives a huge strain on the spine, is disturbed.
Wrong blood circulation in the spine is fraught with many diseases.
Conducts flat-foot 2 degrees treatment with arthrosis orthopedist or rheumatologist. The treatment is comprehensive and includes:
- administration of medications;
- clay wrapping;
- manual therapy;
- several courses of chondrotherapy;
- surgical techniques.
In order to relieve the acute pain caused by deforming arthrosis, doctors prescribe a course of drug treatment. Taking medications prescribed in the event that there is an inflammatory process. Taking diclofenac, ketaprofen, aspirin or ibuprofen will help to relieve inflammation, and the pain will be much less. The intake of muscle relaxants is prescribed in the case when the flat feet of the 2nd degree is accompanied by spasms and cramping of the feet. These drugs relax the muscle tissue, and a sense of discomfort, pain passes.
With flat feet of 2nd degree, the cartilaginous tissue of the feet is damaged. To do this, orthopedists prescribe the reception of chondropres, which stimulate the intensive growth of cartilage cells( regeneration).Flattening is characterized by the absence of joint cushioning, overload of the feet and acceleration of bone deformation of the feet. It is the use of chondroparagens that promotes the healing of cartilaginous tissue and the restoration, normalization of the functions of the feet. After using these drugs, the pain disappears completely.
Manual therapy is prescribed with flat feet of the 2nd stage in order to correct the heel, metatarsal bones, and the fingers of both feet. Mandatory in the course of manual therapy includes therapeutic massage.
Alternative medicine has its own methods of treating flatfoot 2 degrees with arthrosis. For example, clay wrap, mud baths. These procedures increase blood circulation and blood circulation, restore muscle tone and metabolic processes and nourish cartilage tissue with the necessary nutrients.
In some cases, flat feet require surgical treatment. Surgeons correct the deformation of the foot bones, clean their surface from osteophytes( growths that are formed as a result of deforming arthrosis).Sometimes a joint replacement is required.
Orthopedists recommend wearing orthopedic insoles. Doctors model them individually - for each stop. Initially, pain sensations will be present, but this, on the contrary, is good, because over time the foot will begin to level off and get the right look.
It is necessary to understand that no homeopath will cure flat feet of the second stage, therefore at the first signs of flatfoot and arthrosis it is necessary to consult a specialist. Another very important fact is that the second stage of arthrosis will necessarily pass into the third, this must be known and remembered. For painless movement and comfortable life, it is necessary to treat flat feet of 2nd degree with arthrosis.
In order to avoid degenerative-dystrophic diseases, such as flat feet of the 2nd stage with arthrosis, several simple rules must be observed.
- no matter how fashionable a woman, you need to remember that a heel above 5 cm is guaranteed to lead to flat feet with arthrosis, constantly wearing tight shoes with high heels is by no means impossible - only occasionally;
- extra pounds of body weight not only cause a malfunction in the functioning of body systems, but also lead to deformation of the foot;
- it is necessary to avoid overstraining of legs - you can not always squat, put your foot on the leg( by the way, lovers keep one foot on the other in 90% get a heart attack);
- engaged in swimming, running, non-long walking tours;
- is very useful to walk on grass and bare ground - if you perform such a natural exercise, flat feet will never arise;
- small children need to be given the opportunity to run barefoot in the summer - the legs will "breathe", especially it is necessary for those children who have already been diagnosed with dysplasia.
After flat-foot 2 degree treatment it is necessary to do daily exercises. Simple exercises will help the feet to stay healthy and not return to the disease.
- standing exactly, alternately climb and fall on the feet;
- do the same exercise, but only on the heels;
- move in turn the mass of the body on the inside of the foot and on the outside;
- raise your toes on your own.
Such simple, low-amplitude exercises should be performed 10-15 times a day.
How to cure flat feet in adults?The person's stop must provide not only the support during movement, but also the function of cushioning, softening all the jolts that arise during walking. To fulfill these tasks, in the process of forming the erection, the foot has acquired a complex vaulted structure. With the development of flatfoot, it ceases to perform a spring function, which leads over time to serious consequences.
Normally, due to the fact that the foot has a curved shape in the form of an arch or an arch, walking does not support the entire surface, but only on the heel bone behind and the bases 1 and 5 of the finger in front. Thus, the following arches of the foot are formed:
- longitudinal( along the inner edge);
- transverse( along the base of the fingers).
As a result of this structure of the foot, cushioning occurs when walking on an uneven surface, and the load of the body on the foot is distributed evenly. With the development of flat feet, deformation of the arches of the foot in the form of their flattening occurs. It is customary to distinguish the following types of flatfoot, depending on the structure of which the arch is broken:
- transverse - there is a smoothing of the transverse arch of the foot, it becomes wider( more common in adults);
- longitudinal - the foot is elongated by decreasing the height of the longitudinal arch( more typical for children and adolescents);
- combined - both types of foot changes are present simultaneously.
In addition, distinguish: congenital flat feet - is associated with anomalies in the development of the skeleton, is rare;and acquired flatfoot - is formed as a result of external factors or diseases:
- traumatic flat feet observed after injuries in the foot( bone fractures, damage to the musculoskeletal system);
- paralytic platypodia occurs with various types of paralysis of the muscles of the foot and lower leg;
- rachis flatfoot is observed due to transferred rickets, while the bones soften, and under the influence of the load deforms the arch of the foot;
- static flat feet - is observed most often, as a rule, in women, and develops due to increased load on the foot.
Causes of static flatfoot
- Obesity, state of pregnancy.
- Forced long standing on the legs.
- Wearing tight shoes, shoes with a narrow nose, with a heel of more than 4 centimeters.
- Reduced elasticity of muscles and ligaments with age.
When the flatfoot formation is disturbed, the biomechanics of walking is violated, the foot is compensated outwardly, after which the shin and thigh unfold. In this case, various consequences are possible:
- development of osteoarthritis of the joints of the lower limbs;
- frequent headaches;
- curvature of the spine;
- formation of herniated intervertebral discs.
Symptoms of flatfoot
The following symptoms are typical for transverse flatfoot:
- pain in the feet and calf muscles;
- the curvature of the 1st toe finger - hallux valgus;
- a thickening of the periosteum in the region of the metatarsal head I, which looks like a lump at the base of the big toe;
- formation of corns, deep corns;
- cramps calf muscles, the appearance of edema;
- shoes of the previous size become cramped, wear out from the inside.
For longitudinal flatfoot, features such as:
- fast fatigue of the legs;
- edema stops in the evening;
- changing gait;
- formation of flat-valgus foot - the toes and calcaneal toes turn from the outside.
Prevention of flatfoot development
In order to prevent flattening of the arch of the foot, it is desirable to implement the following recommendations:
- Monitor body weight.
- Avoid wearing narrow tight shoes.
- Women should not abuse the wearing of shoes with high heels, its height should be no more than 4 centimeters.
- When selecting shoes, choose soft leather products with a flexible sole.
- During pregnancy, it is advisable to use orthopedic insoles.
- It is useful to walk barefoot on the ground, rocks, sand.
How to treat platypodia
Treatment of flat feet in adults involves the use of the following methods:
- Use of insoles and orthopedic shoes.
- Exercise exercise physical therapy.
- Carrying out of massage courses.
Orthopedic footwear is distinguished by the presence of special insoles, which ensure the correct functional position of the foot when walking. The sole of such shoes has an impact absorbing properties. The use of orthopedic insoles or shoes helps to support the arch of the foot in a physiological position, which, in turn, leads to the following results:
- reduces the load on the feet;
- prevents their fatigue;
- is the prevention of joint deformities;
- improve the cushioning function of the foot, reducing the burden on the spine.
The maximum therapeutic effect is the use of individual orthopedic insoles. They take into account all the features of the structure, can be equipped with additional elements( for example, pronators).At home, it is necessary to perform exercises of exercise therapy, which are an important and mandatory direction in the treatment of flatfoot and allow:
- to correct minor deformities of the feet;
- strengthen the muscles that form the arch of the foot;
- improve blood flow;
- reduce foot fatigue.
Gymnastics should be held regularly, daily, twice a day for 15 minutes. It is useful to perform the following exercises:
- lifting a small ball with your feet;
- grabbing a pencil with your toes;
- walking on tiptoe;
- walking with support on the outside of the feet;
- rolling feet with bottles.
In addition to practicing physiotherapy exercises, a foot massage is necessary. In doing so, the principles of performing massage should be taken into account: the
- course should consist of at least 12 procedures;
- procedures are performed every other day;
- the duration of one session should be at least 10 minutes;
- during massage should also pay attention to the muscles of the back and lower leg.
Special massage devices( mats, rollers, balls) can be used for massage. It is recommended to make warm foot baths - this helps to relax the muscles. With transverse flatfoot, the so-called valgus deformation of the foot is formed. Depending on the angle of the deviation I of the toe, three degrees are distinguished:
- I degree( 15-20 °).
- II degree( 20-30 °).
- III degree( 30-40 °).
Conservative treatment of transverse flatfoot is carried out only at the first degree and consists of the methods described above. It is aimed at relieving pain, preventing even more deformation of the foot. At the II and III degree of this type of flatfoot, surgical treatment is performed.
Dear Denis Valerievich! I want to express my sincere gratitude to you for the highly professional operation( November 25, 2015).In the course of. ..Elvira Alekseevna
I'm a girl, some time ago, I was born again with a congenital trauma-dysplasia of the hip joint, eventually coxarthrosis was added to this,. ..Anna Ex.
Dear Denis Valerievich! I congratulate you on the Day of Medical Worker! Once again, I want to thank you for your sensitivity, benevolence, high. ..Rakant Michael Conservative treatment & Conservative treatment of flatfoot
Is it possible to cure flat feet?| |Dr. Yolkin
When is conservative treatment used?
Conservative treatment is performed with minimal and slightly pronounced deformities, with flatfoot I-II degrees, and also complements operational methods, making up an essential part.
However( AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!) It can not be a full-fledged alternative to surgical treatment when it is shown.
Also described methods are applicable for some other diseases of stop-tendinitis, fasciitis and calcaneal spur, etc.
Problems of conservative treatment of
Many believe that conservative treatment can relieve the deformity of the feet once and for all, but this is not true.
Already formed deformation, whether, for example, Hallux valgus or flat-footed conservative methods of treatment can not be corrected.
But this does not mean that conservative treatment is useless! Simply applying the methods described below, we must correctly understand their purpose and the limits of their capabilities.
The development of foot deformation is a complex pathological process that affects all its anatomical formations - joints, bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons and even the skin.
The objectives of conservative treatment methods include the following:
- Create a favorable load distribution for foot structures .This has a positive effect on their structure and function, since the constant overstrain of individual formations leads to their premature destruction.
- Maintain the normal function of the foot joints. With the development of degenerative changes in the joints( arthrosis of the foot joints) deformation becomes rigid and irreversible.
- Avoid accumulation of "fatigue" changes. Chronic overstrain of ligaments, tendons and aponeuroses of the foot leads to rupture of some of their fibers, which provokes constant inflammation and associated pain.
- Improve blood supply conditions for all foot structures. Damaged by chronic overloads, education needs a full restoration, which requires good nutrition of tissues. This is important for all foot structures, without exception.
- Provide good skin care. Deformities of the feet adversely affect the skin condition.
Recommended methods of conservative treatment
1. The right shoes
This does not mean a complete ban on model shoes with high heels! Just do not use it every day!
For everyday wear, use loose shoes with a low heel( 3-4 cm) and an orthopedic insoles inside( better than individual manufacture) - these shoes can also be beautiful and stylish!
2. Careful foot care
Coarse because of rubbing the skin becomes a source of additional trouble. The corns and calluses are painful in themselves, and the cracks that appear in the skin can become a source of bacterial or fungal infection.
Foot care involves the timely removal of coarse areas of the epidermis, moisturizing the skin with nourishing creams, a massage to relieve tension. It is important to maintain the nails on the fingers in good condition.
With some deformities, the "ingrown nail" often develops, so do not neglect a quality pedicure. In the evening it is very conducive to the full restoration of ligaments after daily exercise, the regular use of special( whirlpool) foot baths. This is also facilitated by foot massage.
For all this, well, you understand - in the SPA salon!
3. Regular gymnastics for the feet
Gymnastics stimulates circulation in the tissues of the foot, and, consequently, improves their nutrition. Also exercises lead muscles and ligaments into tone and help to resist loads.
How? Here is an example:
- To bring the muscles and ligaments in tonus every morning, arrange a warm-up for the feet: walk 5-7 minutes on a soft mat first on the entire sole, then "on the socks," then on the outer and inner sides of the foot.
- Complete the exercises by rolling with the sole of a special roller or rolling pin.
- For a few minutes a day, use small toes with your toes: for example, rearrange the plastic cups by grasping them between the 1 and 2 toes of the foot.
- In addition, do not neglect the possibility of walking barefoot on soft grass or sand.
4. Wearing special orthopedic devices( prosthetics)
- There are many devices in pharmacies and in stores that help to correct the position of the first toe. Choose soft and comfortable, not hindering the wearing of shoes.
- Since an important component of valgus deformity is the violation of the arches of the foot, it is very important to wear individual orthopedic insoles. It is advisable to have several pairs of insoles, so as not to shift them constantly from one shoe to another. Keep in mind that after surgical correction of the deformities of the feet it is recommended to continue using the insole( it will be necessary to make new ones!)
Application of these tools will not "cure" the existing violations, but will slow the development of deformation, make walking more comfortable and, perhaps, delay the need for a visit to an orthopedic surgeon.
- With severe deformation, the implementation of some recommendations becomes impossible, this is natural.
- The implementation of all these recommendations is not an end in itself.
- The deformity that continues to develop is the reason for seeking surgical treatment.
Reception and treatment of patients is performed in the clinic FGBU Federal Bureau of Medical and Social Expertise at the address of Ivan Susanin Street, 3( reception hours and directions).
Comments are closed.
Treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees in children and adults - on SportObzor.ru
Perhaps, as soon as a person began using two legs for walking, the known problems with feet started today. In particular, flat feet are extremely common. The very name speaks for itself: a flat foot. That is, in the presence of such a disease, a person has a foot with compacted arches.
Flattening of the second degree: what is the
If in the diagnosis - a flat foot of the first degree - the pain in the foot area begins to appear after physical exertion, then with flat feet of the second degree - the legs not only hurt even after a long walk, but also swell. By the evening the sole is flattened. Other characteristic signs of flatfoot of the 2nd degree are a decrease in the height of the arch of the foot and an extension of the longitudinal angle between the heel of the heel and the scaphoid-wedge joint. The normal value of the angle of the arch of the foot is 124-129 degrees. At the second degree of flatfoot, the log reaches 140-150 degrees, while the arch of the foot reaches only 17-24 millimeters in height( 25-35 mm in norm).
In addition, for the 2 nd stage of flatfoot, the load distribution between the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal bones is characteristic, which leads to their hypertrophy. Often there are bony expansions - osteophytes - along the edges of the heads of these bones. Sometimes at 2 degrees of flatfoot there is also a valgus deformation of the foot - a strong shift of the big toe outward.
To determine exactly what degree of flatfoot: 1 or 2, you should do an x-ray, which is prescribed by an orthopedic doctor. He also chooses the optimal methods for treating flat feet of the 2nd degree for adults and children, depending on the condition of the foot.
Treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees in adults
The most important thing is to immediately consult a doctor as soon as the first unpleasant sensations appear in the feet. Unfortunately, in adults, flat feet are not completely cured due to age and changes that have already occurred. Try not to allow long loads on your feet, wear comfortable shoes, if you have a lot of time to spend on your feet, be sure to follow the gait. It is very important not to let the disease pass from one stage to another, because the flat feet of the 3rd degree will bring much more troubles and restrictions.
For the treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees, the following exercises can be used:
- First sitting on a chair, and after standing, it is necessary to put stops 30-50 times on the outside and on the inner side alternating;
- Sitting on a chair, you must first put your feet, unfolding your feet, on one line. Then join the heels and after the fingers. When this exercise will pass without strong pain symptoms, you can similarly do it standing;
- Standing with the legs apart on the width of the shoulders, you need to alternately stand on your toes and on the heels, rolling smoothly. Then the speed of rolls should be increased;
- Sitting on a chair, it is necessary to rotate the raised feet from the floor in one and the other side alternately. Repeat 20-30 times;
- It is also useful to walk one or two minutes on the spot, lifting only the heel from the floor, and as high as possible. And the more the speed of walking, the better.
In addition to therapeutic gymnastics, there are other conservative methods of treating flat feet in adults, more about which you can read on our website.
Treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees in children
While the foot is just forming, everything can be corrected, even if the child has a flat foot 2 degrees. And the most effective will be foot massage. However, it is necessary to massage not only the foot, but also the shin, the knees, and the lower back. So the result will be achieved faster and more efficiently.
The duration of a child's massage with flat feet usually does not exceed 10-15 minutes. However, in this matter the regularity is important - you will not see a result from one procedure. The standard course of massage with flat feet in children includes about 13-15 procedures. If necessary, a specialist may recommend increasing this number taking into account the individual characteristics of the child.The technique of therapeutic massage with flat feet is chosen individually. However, the most commonly used method is the movement from the toes to the toe, and then from the shin to the knee. You can use rubbing, squeezing, patting, stroking, etc. A good effect is given by various massage rollers, balls and other orthopedic adaptations. However, before using them, be sure to consult a doctor - an incorrect massage will only harm the child and aggravate the problem. Other physiotherapeutic procedures are also used to treat flat feet, such as: contrasting baths, therapeutic exercises, walking on a massage mat. And of course, pick up your poor shoes and do not allow heavy loads on the foot. Fortunately, today many manufacturers offer beautiful and functional footwear with consideration of all orthopedic requirements. More information on how to choose children's orthopedic shoes, you can on our website. Do not be lazy: because the treatment of flat feet in children directly depends on age, so the earlier you start, the more chances to get rid of flat feet completely and forever. October 29, 2015
Flattening of 2nd degree
Flattening of the second degree is often also called moderately pronounced or intermittent. In this stage of the disease, the deformities of the foot are already noticeable to the layman and require immediate treatment.
Symptoms of flatfoot of the second degree
Others note that the patient has serious gait disturbances. Perhaps the appearance of clubfoot, the steps are heavy. And to the man himself, the flat feet of the 2nd degree causes considerable inconvenience. These are pains in the foot, often giving up in the lower leg. At the same time, discomfort is felt almost constantly, and not only after long walks or physical exertion. The surface of the foot becomes flat, flattened. The vault is less and less noticeable. All these changes are caused by loss of muscle elasticity. Often, at the second stage, painful sensations are so bright that the patient tries to limit as much as possible in walking and spend less and less time on his legs. Because of the change in shape and the relief of the foot, the choice of shoes is quite problematic.
How is flat-foot 2 degree treatment treated?
Despite the severity of the disease, surgical treatment is used in exceptional situations. More often to the third degree flat feet try to treat conservative methods. It is mandatory to select orthopedic shoes in accordance with individual physiological changes. You should also use special insoles and foot pads, they will reduce discomfort and prevent the formation of corns. Effective for the treatment of flatfoot in the second stage is a combination of massage techniques and manual therapy. At the time of treatment, it is necessary to limit the time spent on legs, to give up long walks and to wear tight shoes with heels. Among the ways to treat flat feet of the 2nd degree, the same is considered therapeutic gymnastics. The best results are given by complexes that include not only exercises for strengthening the muscles of the foot and legs, but also giving the back to the correct position, which form the posture. The patient can also increase the effect of therapy with domestic activities. The simplest flexion-extension of fingers, the capture of small objects by them, the riding of the feet on the floor of studded balls and walking barefoot all contribute to a speedy recovery.
Methods of physiotherapy for the treatment of flatfoot
The treatment of flat feet is based on strengthening the muscles of the foot. It is for this reason that it will not work without proper physical exertion. Good results are given by swimming. In this case, the style is unimportant, the most important thing is the pedal produced by the foot. Take into account that at the second degree of the disease, activities can be accompanied by unpleasant sensations. It is necessary to begin with short training, gradually increasing their duration. The most correct answer to the question of how to cure a flat foot 2 degrees will be the recommendation to engage in different sports. However, if the deformation of the foot already takes place, it is worth not to skate and other sports that require specific shoes and give strong loads on the legs.
Children's flat feet of 2 degrees
Talking about the diagnosis of flat feet in children makes sense from the age of three. The thing is that in the first years the child only learns to walk correctly, and the "irregular" form of the foot can be observed as a temporary and non-dangerous phenomenon. Quite often flat feet of 2 degrees in children appears in adolescence, after any diseases or because of hormonal changes taking place in the body. Treatment is conducted in the same way as in adults, until about 6 years old children are not trying to prescribe orthopedic shoes and insoles.
All about flatfoot and its treatment - Polysmed
Types of flatfoot.
There are several basic types of flatfoot, these include:
- Static flatfoot is the most common type of flatfoot, the development of which is associated with muscle weakness and sprain, which leads to the omission of the inner edge of the foot and the development of flatfoot. The causes of muscle weakness in static flat feet include increased body weight, hereditary factors( muscle tone disorder and weak ligamentous apparatus), overload of feet, wearing poor-quality footwear( tight, rubber shoes, too high a heel or lack thereof).
- Congenital flat feet develops during the intrauterine period and is associated with anomalies in the development of the musculoskeletal system.
- Ricky flatfoot. Rickets is a disease characterized by a decrease in vitamin D levels in the child's body and is one of the reasons for the development of flat feet in childhood.
- Traumatic platypodia. Trauma of the foot, including incorrectly fused fractures of the foot bones, lead to the development of flat feet.
- Paralytic flat feet( paralytic flat foot) can develop after a history of poliomyelitis, which leads to paralysis of the foot and lower leg muscles.
What are the types of flatfoot?
Depending on which arch of the foot is flattened, three types of flatfoot are distinguished:
With longitudinal flat feet, the foot touches the floor with its entire surface, resulting in an increase in the length of the foot. The main symptom of longitudinal flat feet is the shortening of the distance between the inner edge of the foot and the floor surface. With longitudinal flat feet, clubfoot develops, which leads to wear of the footwear along the entire length of the sole and heel from the inside.
The degree of flatfoot depends on the degree of deformation of the foot. There are 3 degrees of flatfoot:
- At the first degree of flatfoot( slight longitudinal flatfoot) there is no visible deformation of the foot. Feeling of fatigue in the legs appears after physical exertion, long walking or running. When pressing in the foot area, painful sensations appear. By the evening, stops can swell, the smoothness of the gait is disturbed.
- The second degree of flatfoot( moderately pronounced longitudinal flatfoot) is characterized by the disappearance of the arch of the foot. Pain at 2 degrees of flatfoot is stronger, frequent, spreading from the feet to the ankles and lower legs. The muscles of the foot lose elasticity, the smoothness of the gait is disturbed.
- The third degree of flatfoot is characterized by a pronounced deformation of the foot. There is constant pain and swelling in the feet, legs, knee joints. At 3 degrees of longitudinal flat feet, pain in the lower back and painful headache. Decreased work capacity, even short walking is difficult. A man with a 3 degree of flatfoot can not walk in ordinary shoes.
With transverse flatfoot, the length of the foot decreases as a result of the divergence of the foot bones, the deviation of the thumb from the outside and the deformation of the middle finger, which takes on a hammer shape. At the base of the thumb appears a painful osseous thickening in the form of a cone.
There are three degrees of transverse flatfoot, depending on the degree of curvature of the first toe of the foot:
- First degree( slightly outlined lateral flatfoot).The angle of the deviation of the first toe is less than 20 degrees. After a long walk or standing, fatigue appears. On the foot in the area of 2-4 fingers appear on the skin( thickening of the skin), as well as redness and insignificant soreness in the area of the first toe.
- At 2 degrees of flatfoot( moderately pronounced transverse flatfoot) the angle of deviation of the first toe is 20-35 degrees. When the load appears, pain and burning in the area of the foot and in the first finger, especially in the shoes. Appearance spreads in the area of the toes. Hemorrhages increase in size.
- Third degree of flatfoot( pronounced transverse flatfoot).The angle of the deviation of the first toe is more than 35 degrees. When the load is marked strong, persistent pain in the foot. The spreading of the forefoot is pronounced. On the foot in the area of the fingers are formed significant burrs. The first finger is in the dislocation position, it is possible to develop bursitis( inflammation of the periarticular bag), severe deformation of 2-4 toes( hammer-shaped).
Mixed flat feet includes longitudinal and transverse flatfoot and has more pronounced symptoms.
Flattening in adults.
In adults, as a rule, static flatfoot develops( longitudinal, transverse, or combined).In men, flat feet usually develop after injuries to the ankles or fractures in the foot, as well as professional flat feet, which is associated with prolonged standing on the legs, lifting weights. Women often cause flat feet to wear high-heeled shoes. The fact is that during the wearing of high heels, the center of gravity of the body shifts, which leads to an increase in the load on the front part of the foot and the turn of the foot inside.
Diagnostics of flatfoot.
If you have the main symptoms of flat feet, it is recommended that you visit an orthopedic doctor. The doctor will examine you and conduct special studies:
- Podemetry - measuring the height of the arch of the foot from the floor.
- Plantography is the study of a footprint left on paper.
- To determine the degree of flatfoot, the doctor will prescribe the X-ray of the foot in the lateral projection
Treatment of flat feet in adults.
There are 2 main methods of treating flatfoot: surgically and conservatively.
Conservative treatment of flat feet includes foot massage, foot baths, electrophoresis, curative gymnastics, wearing orthopedic shoes, special insoles, etc., and is prescribed in the first and second stages of flatfoot development. In some cases, conservative methods of treatment are ineffective, and therefore require surgical treatment.
- Walking on a log, climbing a rope © - Using information without a hyperlink to the source is prohibited.
Reviews about "All about flatfoot and its treatment":October 7, 2011 12:54 Anel well helps walk on the mop, especially on wooden Soviet, as well as walk in the position of a bearded bear, also very good April 18, 201210:01 the searcher would like to know who is the author of this article? Who can I ask questions?who can reasonably explain why this is so, and not on another need to correct flat feet?on what are its conclusions based? May 29, 2012 12:02 Love I also have a transverse flatfoot, it's hard to walk. The feet of my feet are burning with fire, I probably will not be able to give up my legs at all. I've always worked physically, the load on my legs was huge, now I'm suffering, plus still fashionablenarrow shoes with heels. Now it is difficult to pick up shoes. I have a big problem. July 13, 2012 02:13 Natali With longitudinal flat feet, a child of 6 years old can be engaged in ballroom dancing?13 July, 2012 10:59 MedKollegia_Polismed Hello. Ballroom dancing can both improve, so to harm your child's condition. It depends on the degree of flat feet. That's why, before you give the child to the dance, be sure to consult an orthopedic doctor. August 22, 2012 08:42 Zuhra Hello. My son is 6 years old, found a plane 3-4 degrees. Now we go to the treatment to the instructor LFK, massage, SMT.Question. This diagnosis is curable? August 22, 2012 11:11 MedKollegia_Polismed Hello. When flat feet of 3-4 degrees with ineffectiveness of conservative measures( LFK, massage, etc.), an operation is prescribed. In any case, the chances of a full recovery are high.03 september, 2012 21:57 Denis Hello, I am 18 years old, flat feet 3 degrees or higher, the joints have recently started to hurt( Muscles in the knee, shin and bones), although before that I was engaged in cycling, tourism generally ledactive way of life, not paying attention as any other teenager, a flat-footed hostile, what and how do I do?tell me please, insoles ordered what else do I need to do? ?I do not want to lose interest in all my hobbies because of such "Trivia". .. Thank you in advance!12 October, 2012 18:02 Dina good evening! To the son 6j year, have diagnosed a flat-valgus feet. But I do not understand who to believe, one orthopedist scared that the transverse-longitudinal plane.and almost goes deformations.chest, and the other is flat-valgus feet and everything is not so scary. . now I see that my daughter's legs go inside when walking, although half a year ago( in 2d) they said everything normal. What do I do not understand, here's to buy shoes, but I do not know what to take. Maybe somehow comment. . thanks! October 30, 2012 11:17 Katya Hello, my name is Catherine, today I went to see a surgeon and found out that I have a combined flat foot( transverse 2 degrees, longitudinal 2 degrees), advise what to do and what method to be treated? December 04, 2012 12:12 Sergey I'm 31 years old. When walking 4 km.the knee aches a day. What advise to do? April 18, 2015 23:03 Rimma Good evening. I'm 55 years old. I'm sick of feet on both feet.it is difficult to walk. on the left leg is a swollen ankle joint.sometimes it hurts a lot.when pressing a finger, a hole remains. I ask advice 05 May, 2015 12:56 nastya to which doctor you need in this case you need? May 06, 2015 18:47 The medical school Nastya in case of flat feet should consult an orthopedic doctor. June 27, 2015 17:17 Tatiana Up to what age can a child have a flat foot in a conservative way? June 28, 2015 08:03 Tatiana, the treatment of flat feet in a child depends on age, type of flat feet, the presence of concomitant diseases, hereditary factor, the type of conservative therapy. Of no less importance is the perseverance of ongoing activities. Conservative therapy is used not only in the treatment of flat feet in children, but also in adults. September 19, 2015 19:30 Natalia When treating longitudinal flatfoot with SMT therapy, it is necessary to arrange gaskets on the tables 12 January, 2016 09:12 Leo All this method of treating flatfoot is not effective. Existing and persistently recommended orthopedic parents orthopedic shoes, does not have a preventive function.treatment, and rehabilitation. This, in fact, is a prosthesis.which helps, relieves pain with active life, but no more. The prosthesis does not heal. And here.money from their parents is good. The same function is carried by all kinds of orthopedic insoles. There is a completely unique domestic patented technology for the prevention and treatment of flatfoot. It has no analogues in the world. Only, our health care system is not needed. The Ministry refused to introduce it. What for? Extra worries. February 04, 2016 08:54 Xenia Leo! And what kind of technique? Where can I get acquainted with it? What does it give? I'm not asking from curiosity, but from necessity.
Add your comment:
- Skate on the floor with a foot of a rolling pin or a small ball.
- A napkin is placed on the floor, which is suggested to be crushed with the help of a foot.
- The child is offered to collect his toes and move from place to place the objects scattered on the floor.
- Circular movements with feet out and inside.
- Standing on socks, reduce and spread the heels, without taking your fingers off the floor.
- Grasp the ball with both stops and lift it, keeping it between the feet.
- Alternately walk on toes, on the heels, on the outer edges of the feet.
- Rolling from heel to toe.
- Walk on the ribbed surface( massage mat, sand, pebbles).
Also surgical treatment is required for the treatment of the third stage of flatfoot. There are several types of operations for flatfoot, but the main goal of surgical treatment is to shorten the ligaments, correct the arches of the foot and eliminate the effects of flat feet( for example, the deviation of the first toe).
Flat feet in children.
All children are born with imaginary flat feet, which is explained by the abundance of subcutaneous fat in the foot. A peculiarity of imaginary childish flat feet is that as children grow older, they naturally get rid of flat feet: with the development of walking and running, muscles develop and the child's foot takes on the usual outlines. The full formation of the arches of the foot is completed by 3 years. In this regard, a flat foot in children under three years can not be attributed to a true flat foot.
In childhood, congenital and acquired flat feet occur. The cause of congenital flat feet are the developmental defects of the foot in the intrauterine period.
Acquired platypodia in children is usually due to the following factors:
- Overweight child
- Wearing substandard shoes( too soft or too hard sole, rubber shoes, too high heel or missing)
- Rickets and calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the child
- Incorrectly fused fracture
- Prolonged bed rest with severe illnesses
- During puberty, hormonal changes cause a prolonged muscle spasm and can lead to a flatfoot
- Excessive joint mobility
- Heavy lifting( for example, when wearing younger brothers or sisters)
- Intensified ballet classes
What are the consequences of flatfoot in a child?
Children with flat feet are disturbed by an important function of the foot - depreciation. As a result, the vibration of the body during walking and running is transmitted to the shin, hip joints, spine, etc. Prolonged irritation of the joints leads to their inflammation - arthrosis. The effect of flat feet on the spine is the development of curvature of the spine, or scoliosis in children. Such symptoms of flat feet, such as leg pain, fatigue, headaches lead to reduced school performance.
How to determine if there is a flatfoot in a child?
You can determine the presence of flat feet in your child's orthopedic doctor, but at home you can conduct a simple test for the presence of flat feet in the child. To carry out the test( planotography), it is necessary to lubricate the sole of the baby's foot with vegetable oil and put it on a blank sheet of paper. The result is a footprint of the child, from which you can determine the state of the arch of the foot. Normally, the cut on the foot is 2/3 of its width. With flat feet, there is not a small cutout. If you notice a change after this test, you should show your child an orthopedic doctor.
How to choose the right shoes for a child?
To properly form the arches of the foot in a child, you need to buy quality shoes. The child's shoes must have a hard back, fixing the heel, a small heel with a height of half a centimeter( no more and no less), and an insole with a small elastic thickening( instep) on the inside of the foot.
Treatment of flat feet.
The main goal of flatfoot treatment is to eliminate pain in the foot, strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the foot and restore the functions of the foot. There are two main methods of treating flatfoot: surgically( surgery) and conservative way.
Among the conservative methods of flatfoot treatment is allocated therapeutic gymnastics, massage, foot baths, physiotherapy, wearing the right orthopedic footwear or insoles.
Treatment of flat feet in a child at the earliest stage of the disease, with the inconsistency of the ligaments of the foot is reduced to the appointment of rest, the temporary cessation of sports. We recommend warm foot baths and massage. An effective method of treatment at an early stage of flatfoot development is the foot bath, the bottom of which is packed with river pebbles. The child is offered to roll stones in the water with his feet.
Plane prophylaxis in children.
For the prevention and treatment of flat feet in children, the following set of exercises can be applied:
Is it possible to cure a flat foot 2 degrees by running? If not, then tell me how you can. I am 16 years old.
Olya With an idiot argue. ..
Only after a thorough examination, an orthopedic specialist can decide how to treat a flat foot. Each patient requires an individual approach, because in each case the disease proceeds in its own way. However, we can not disagree with the fact that the treatment of flat feet in adults and children will have the greatest effect only if it is started in the first stages of the disease.
Most often, patients with flat feet are prescribed conservative treatment. If we are talking about the initial stages of the disease, then the course of massage, physiotherapy, physiotherapy is beneficial, thanks to which it is possible to strengthen the muscles of the feet, back and legs. To get a better effect, the patient is recommended to minimize physical stress on his legs and prefer shoes more spaciously, on a small heel.
If the flat feet are more pronounced, the doctor prescribes wearing insoles, and orthopedic shoes, thanks to which the arch of the foot can be modeled. With longitudinal flat feet, treatment involves carrying special liners under the front of the foot.
When it is required to reduce the load on the heels, the doctor prescribes wearing the backs. In the event that the thumb is deflected outward, special interdigital liners help. But too long to wear special devices is not recommended, since the foot can get used to them, which will entail a weakening of the muscles and the progression of the disease. For this reason, orthopedists try not to resort to the use of instep support for the treatment of static flat feet in young children.
All without exception, orthopedists emphasize that the greatest effect can be achieved when using a systemic approach. After all, it is extremely important to pay attention not only to the feet, but also to the entire body as a whole. The systemic approach involves the treatment of the foot and the parallel treatment of the spine. In addition, it includes the prevention of osteoporosis, the normalization of weight and the preservation of mobility of other joints.
The treatment complex usually includes exercises that strengthen the muscular apparatus of the feet and legs, forming a correct posture.
Doctors note that it is extremely useful for the patient to bend and unbend the feet themselves, toes, and to grasp various small objects. Walking walks barefoot along the sand, walking on heels, socks and outer edges of feet are welcome. It is recommended to do rolling from the heel to the toe, and also to roll oval and round objects along the floor.
You need to rest more time. Lifting weights, standing and walking for a long time is prohibited. But if this can not be avoided, it is necessary to take breaks, during which it would be possible to do the gymnastics of the feet described above.
Flat feet can only be cured in children. Therefore, parents who have noticed that their child has flattened feet should immediately seek help from a specialist.
But to correct flat feet in adults with the help of conservative methods it is possible only in exceptional cases and then only in the early stages of the disease. However, if you make maximum efforts and do not forget about prevention, you can relieve yourself for a long time from pain in the field of feet and even slow the progression of the disease and avoid the occurrence of complications in the form of curvature of the spine or arthrosis of the foot.
There is no need to doubt the conservative methods of treatment. They can actually lead to a favorable outcome, but only if the patient himself follows the recommendations of the doctor.
from running flat feet only strengthen, consult a doctor orthopedist, you can online on the Internet!
Flat-footedness is not treated at all, and even with the help of running and even more so. You can go to the doctor-orthopedist and pick up the correct insoles in order to ease the burden on the arch of the foot. Orthopedic salons can also pick up the correct insoles-fasteners