Treating the calcaneal spur folk remediesSpore spur( plantar fasciitis) is a pathology related to a group of degenerative inflammatory diseases in which the growth of bone tissue occurs in the area of attachment of the tendon of the heel.
For its treatment, uses a variety of techniques. Proven and no less effective in relation to the traditional are the folk methods of treating the calcaneal spur.
Advantages of treating the disease with folk remedies
As a result of the treatment of pathology with the help of traditional medicine, the effect of medications taken is even greater, or even makes it possible to do without them. The advantages of treating heel spurs with folk methods include :
- No side effects;
- Easy to use;
- Low cost, affordable for each person's budget.
To combat the disease at home use: medicinal herbs, alcohol and aqueous solutions, apple cider vinegar, as well as purchased in a pharmacy iodine and medical bile. These funds, with the right approach, can cope even with old spurs.
Folk recipes for the treatment of the disease
Remedies for calcaneal spurs based on medical bile
It is not difficult to buy bile, it is dispensed without a prescription in any pharmacy. It can be used for warming compresses in pure form and in combinations:
- Bile with vodka and shampoo;Bile with grated cheese and potatoes.
Treatment of bile is aimed at getting rid of burning pain and resorption of the heel spur.
- Prescription number 1. Bile + vodka + shampoo For preparation of the mixture will need 40 g of bile;20 g of vodka;a little shampoo. Mix all the ingredients in the specified proportions. Wash and dry your feet dry. Dip a piece of gauze in the resulting solution, attach to the heel and fix it with a bandage, put warm socks on top. The procedure is best done before bedtime. The mixture is enough for 3 treatments.
- Recipe No. 2. Bile + potatoes. You will need 20 g of bile and 1 potato. Grate potatoes on a fine grater, add bile, mix and apply gruel to a painful place for a day, fixing over a bandage or special medical mesh. The procedure can not be interrupted, these approaches need to be followed. 10.
- Recipe No. 3. Bile. Moisten a piece of cotton cloth or bandage in bile and attach to the heel in the form of lotion for the night, top with a plastic bag and secure, put on the sock. In the morning, remove the applique, wipe the heel with boric alcohol or lotion. For best results, perform 20 procedures. Interruptions between sessions are highly undesirable. This course has excellent results, the manifestations of which can be seen already after 7 lotions. With the onset of relief, you can not stop treatment, you need to bring it to the end, then the disease will recede.
Recipes based on plants
Folk recipes for calcaneal spur on the basis of plants are very diverse, both in their composition and in the effect on the affected area.
- Prescription number 1. Home ointment. For preparation use: Gold Us( stems, leaves) and unsalted fat( goose, badger, pork, bear), you can butter. Grind the plant, combined with fat in a meat grinder or a food processor. Fat is used 2 times more in relation to the plant. The resulting mixture rub the heel at night, dressing on top of the socks. After 7 procedures, take a break. You can not use this recipe for smoking people, there can be severe allergic manifestations.
- Recipe № 2. Warming compress. It takes alcohol 70 degrees, diluted with water and dried medicinal herb. Fill the container with a third of the grass and pour it over with alcohol, put it for a few days in a dark place. Infusion to use for grinding and compresses in the evening. As herbs, you can choose any of the following: nettle, lobster, burdock root, elecampane, plantain, celandine.
- Recipe № 3. Tincture. Ready tincture of sabelnik( purchased in a pharmacy), diluted in water in proportions 1: 3.Take 3 r. / Day before meals for 3 weeks. The course can be repeated( if the pain has not disappeared), but with a small interval - 1 week.
- Recipe # 4. Garlic with chalk. Skip the garlic clove garlic and crush the chalk 1: 1.Pre-steal the legs and attach the gruel to the spur. After several such sessions, the spur will disappear.
Flatfoot correctionTreating the calcaneal spur folk remedies must necessarily be combined with by correcting the flatfoot .
To this end, use special orthopedic insoles, the selection of which is carried out individually.
They reduce the risk of injury to soft tissues in the heel area, which is due to a special structure( horseshoe-shaped horseshoe).
Exercise should be done in shoes with orthopedic insoles. You need to start classes after a warm-up, as a result of which all the muscles should stretch.
They can be carried out at any convenient time.
- Leaning against the wall, put the feet at one level one before the second, the patient should be behind. Do sit-ups without taking them off the floor. Perform up to the tension of the plantar fascia, 10 times. If both legs are struck, while performing the exercises, the legs need to be alternated;
- Spread on the floor small objects( more than 30 pieces) in different sizes and try to collect them with your toes, moving them to the designated place. Do 5 minutes;
- Take a small sized ball or rolling pin, a bottle, put under the foot and roll by foot, massaging its vaults with the walls of the object. When pain in the leg in the bottle you need to get water - this will remove the unpleasant sensations, and also perform 5 minutes.
Diet and lifestyle during the treatment of
The nutrition and healthy lifestyle of with a calcaneal spur play a big role. After all, the calcaneal spur is the result of the deposition of uric acid salts. The purpose of the diet is to restore the acid-base balance, removing excess salts from the body. To do this, reduce the use of the following products:
- Fats - vegetable and butter, cream, sour cream, solid animal fats;
- Carbohydrates - cocoa, chocolate, jam, candy, syrup;
- Proteins - yeast, beer, offal, alcohol, canned food, mushrooms, meat, beans, strong tea and coffee.
Carbohydrates can be consumed 400 g / day, wheat and rye bread, cereals and flour products are allowed. As for proteins, in the diet meat and fish should be present 2 r. / Week, but only in stew or boiled form, the ingestion of this element into the body should not exceed 80 g / day.
You should increase the consumption of fiber and pectin , which will help get rid of excess fluid. They are rich:
- Vegetables - zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers;
- Berries - strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, cherries, grapes, cherries;
- Fresh fruits - oranges, plums, peaches, pears, apricots, apples.
In the , the treatment should be consumed with a lot of fluids( 3 liters / day) - it can be not only water, but also teas( green, chicory, coriander), as well as watermelons, cucumbers, mineral alkaline water, rose hips. There is recommended porridge, cereal and vegetable soups, eggs, nuts, drink milk in any quantities.
Very whey and acidic fresh milk are useful, they help the body get rid of purine bases. Food should be taken fractionally 5 r. / Day. To lead a healthy lifestyle, which does not include bad habits.However, we should not forget that before you begin treatment of the heel spur any folk remedy, you should consult a qualified specialist. Self-medication can be quite dangerous for health.
The fast way to recovery is a comprehensive approach to treatment, a healthy lifestyle and the implementation of the recommendations of the attending physician.
Video: Effective recipes for combating the calcaneal spur
Heel spur, symptoms and treatment at home
Also the method is contraindicated in the presence of acute infections of any nature.
Ultrasonic waves relieve pain, reduce inflammation due to deep tissue warming. Penetrating the damaged fascia, ultrasound accelerates its healing at the cellular level. Muscles relax, blood flow to the ligaments and tendons increases, edema decreases.
A beam of light is sent to the damaged area. Positive effect is observed after 2-6 sessions, depending on the characteristics of the disease, the characteristics of the patient's body. Penetrating to great depth, the laser stimulates metabolic processes in damaged tissues, accelerates their regeneration.
The aim of previous methods is to remove inflammation, prevent and inhibit bone growth, regenerate soft tissues. Surgical intervention allows you to completely get rid of the build-up, but does not guarantee its reappearance, so this method doctors only apply in extreme cases.
The extent of surgery depends on the nature of the disease. During surgery, the plantar fascia is partially or completely cut, with simultaneous removal of the spurs and damaged tissues. But with complete( disconnecting) fasciotomy, the anatomy of the foot is disturbed. As a result, a change in gait causes disability.
Minimal invasiveness is characterized by radiofrequency microtenomy( burning out).Under the influence of high-frequency electromagnetic radiation destroy damaged tissues, as well as nerve fibers, which allows you to remove the pain syndrome completely.
The effectiveness of any technique depends on the timely diagnosis of the disease and the implementation of a set of preventive measures to prevent its development. Do not use numerous "folk" means, even if they helped friends. In the best case, they will prove to be simply ineffective.
Prevention of heel spurs
Preventive measures for the prevention and development of the disease can be summarized by the abbreviation - HLS( healthy lifestyle).There are several areas of prevention of calcaneal spurs:
- control of body weight;
- prevention of premature aging of the osteoarticular apparatus;
- prevention of injuries, wear of the osteoarticular apparatus;
- timely diagnosis and qualified treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Corns, ingrown nails, bruises often cause changes in the position of the foot and create conditions for trauma to plantar ligaments. In the presence of discomfort, pain in the area of the heel should immediately consult a doctor and begin treatment.
Body Weight Control
Excess body weight not only increases the load on the longitudinal arch of the foot. Simultaneously, a large weight can be evidence of metabolic disorders, various diseases that can directly or indirectly affect the condition of the plantar fascia, stimulate the formation of the calcaneal spur.
Prevention of aging of the osteoarticular apparatus
Active lifestyle, proper nutrition, control over your health will avoid premature aging of the joints, bones. Particular attention to the state of bone tissue should be given to women after 40 - the risk of osteoporosis. Medicine offers many mineral-vitamin complexes to support the health of the musculoskeletal system.
Preventing injuries and wear
Wearing the wrong shoe, heavy loads during sports training are also a common cause of calcaneal spurs.
Shoes with high heels should be worn no more than 3-4 hours a day. Orthopedists do not recommend flip-flops, sandals and other types of footwear without a back for constant wearing. Shoes should be with a small heel - 3-4 cm and firmly keep on their feet.
With flatfoot it is necessary to purchase orthopedic shoes or use correcting insoles.
According to medical statistics, almost 25% of people involved in running, face pain in the heels. The reason is an unprofessional approach to training. Doing sports are useful only when doing the exercises correctly. During running, jumping, walking, you need to monitor the position of the foot, gradually increase the load. In the case of injuries, sprains, professionals are advised to reduce the intensity of training or abandon them until complete recovery. You need to resume the interrupted classes gradually.
Timely diagnosis of
The effectiveness of treatment is largely dependent on the timely diagnosis of the disease. Referring to the doctor at the first sign of the calcaneal spur will avoid complications. People who are in the "risk group" - with flat feet, pathologies and diseases of the joint-bone apparatus, regularly undergo a check-up. Self-medication with medicinal, folk remedies is unacceptable! Use of medical equipment should be carried out only on the advice of a doctor and under his supervision.
Diet with calcaneal spur
One of the most important places in the treatment of heel spurs is diet. The osteophyte is formed from salts of uric acid. Therefore, the main goal of the diet is to normalize the acid-base balance, remove salts and reduce the risk of inflammatory processes in the body. Starvation can provoke an exacerbation of the disease, therefore it is completely excluded.
- reduced consumption of fish, meat, cereals, low-fat dairy products;
- the constant use of vegetables, fruits, fatty dairy products;
- plentiful drink - up to 3 liters per day: alkaline mineral water, decoctions and tinctures of dogrose, coriander, nettle, chicory;decrease in intake of easily assimilated carbohydrates - sugar, honey, sweets, chocolate, etc.;
- rejection of mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy seasonings;
- refusal of alcoholic beverages, including beer;
The exact diet is chosen by the attending physician for the health of the patient. Compliance with such a diet contributes to the improvement of health in general.
Heel spur in children
The reasons for the formation of the heel spur in children are in many respects similar to the "adults":
Spur on the heel than to treat: at home, reviews
Warmings as a method for treating the heel spurs
At home, you can do the followingheating procedures:
- Kilogram of table salt mix with five liters of boiling water. When it boils, cool a little and steam into the resulting foot solution. The course of treatment with such trays is 10 days. Prepared salt solution simply warm up and a pair of legs. The pain will subside already on the fourth procedure, but the treatment course is important to do until the end;
- Similarly, you can soar your feet in warmed milk whey;
- Preheat alcohol over low heat. Put your feet in it, steam them for 15 minutes. After the procedure, do not wipe your feet, but simply put on socks. If after five such procedures there are no improvements, change the method of treatment.
Compresses as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
To heal the spurs on the heels, you can use these compresses:
- Grate the garlic to the heel. Wrap it with cellophane and fix it with a warm cloth. After three hours, remove the compress. If the heel is very hot during the procedure, remove the garlic and wipe the skin;
- Mix in equal proportions crushed garlic with chopped chalk. Undoing the foot in the foot bath, attach the product to the foot. Top with cellophane and warm cloth. Several sessions of such a compress will help to ease pain in the heels;
- Leaf the cabbage with honey and attach it to the heel. In the morning, rinse the compress with warm water. Duration of treatment - three days;
- In the same proportion, mix sea salt with honey. For the whole night, make a compress, and in the morning, wash it off with water;
- Make a cake of flour and honey. Undo the heel and attach the product to it. Over wrap the bag and put on a warm sock. The compress is done all night. For complete recovery, you need to do ten such procedures;
- Mix 100 grams of lard or lard with acetic essence( 100 milliliters), a chicken egg with a shell. Insist you need three weeks in a dark place. From time to time, the agent must be mixed. Add the finished medicine to the steamed patient foot with a cotton swab. The course of treatment is one month. When carrying out such a compress on top you need to wear warm socks;
- Mix hot boiled potatoes in a jacket with kerosene( 5 grams).Lay out the product on the bag, pribintuyte it to the heel with a spur. Top your socks. Duration of treatment - no more than 12 procedures. After three sessions the pain will begin to subside;
- Mix bile( 40 grams) with vodka( 20 grams) and shredded laundry soap( 5 grams).Before going to bed, steaming your feet, attach the resulting product to the heel with a spur and fix it with a bandage. Thanks to such a compressor, after the first session, the first results will be visible. A couple of procedures will be followed by painful sensations;
- Put the raw grated potatoes together with the skin on the bandage, and rewind it to the diseased heel. Secure the compress with polyethylene. After 24 hours, remove it. To make such a tool work, you need to do about eight such procedures;
- Pour a couple of crushed aspirin tablets with an iodine ampoule. With the resulting mixture, treat the heels, put on warm socks and go to bed. Such a compress should be done two times with breaks in one week;
- Black radish together with peel grate. Apply the resulting mass to the heel and fix with a bandage. This compress is done at night. In the morning, you need to take off and do your own business.
Massage as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
Treatment of spurs at home can be done by massage on the feet. There are such types of home massage:
- Heat a kilogram of large salt and pour it on a flat floor. Stand with your bare feet on hot salt and walk along it for 15 minutes. Such a folk remedy will help to cope with the spur in just a couple of such procedures;
- Sitting in a chair, and placing on the floor an old washing board, follow it with stops. It is necessary to rub the feet intensely on the board, focusing on the heels. The duration of one procedure is 10 minutes. Massage the feet should be done twice a day until the spurs completely disappear in the heels;
- Boil until cooked a three-liter pot of small potatoes along with the peel. After pouring it into the basin, start kicking with your feet until it cools down. Wipe the heels, draw on them an iodine grid and put on socks. Duration of treatment is 1 week. That this method of treatment was more effective, during the cooking of potatoes it should be strongly salted.
Recipes of the remedies that will also help to heal the heel spike :
- Fresh sheet of plantain tape with a bandage to the injured heel. Remove the leaves when they dry. Duration of treatment is 14 days. The plant excellently pulls salt, so that painful sensations in the heels are removed;
- Undress your legs, take a shower for the freshly harvested nettles for half an hour. After five such procedures, do not even remember the spur;
- Such a medicine will help to cope with spurs in the heels instantly. Mix six bags of magnesia with a liter of water and heat it to 60 degrees. Steam the legs in the bath 10 minutes. Then to the heels attach a compress of liquid valerian and put on terry socks. Duration of treatment - 10 procedures;
- After pouring a little ground red pepper into your toes, you have to walk this way throughout the day. Daily wearing of socks with pepper for two weeks will save spurs on the heels;
- Pour vodka( 200 grams) pounded pine nuts( 20 grams).Let it infuse for at least ten days in a dark place. Drink tincture of 10 grams before eating three times a day. A couple of days from the spurs there will be no trace.
Heel spout .or plantar fasciitis, is a chronic microtrauma of the plantar ligament that connects the calcaneus to the anterior part of the foot.
In fact, the calcaneal spur looks like a small, but nevertheless very unpleasant sensation of a pointed spine on the sole of the foot and is an osteophyte( bone growth) on the surface of the calcaneus. This sprouting appears in the form of a spine and, when loaded, compresses the soft tissues of the foot. This causes characteristic painful pains.
Often, especially in the early stages of the disease, it is difficult to detect such a spur. Sometimes this happens only during an X-ray examination. On an x-ray, this area is similar in density and brightness to bone tissue. Therefore, it seems that he continues the heel bone and looks like its pointed protrusion or spine. Heel spurs can be of various sizes. Most often its length is from 3 to 12 mm. The sharp end of the growth usually looks in the direction of the toes and slightly bent upwards.
Causes of calcaneal spur
Modern medicine believes that calcaneal spur is formed as a result of the following causes of :
- a high load on the heel area, for example, with flatfoot,
- due to age changes,
- at a young age - as a result of significant loads on the foot in classsports and overly intensive training,
- with excess weight,
- as complications of injuries, rheumatism, vascular disorders or pathologies associated with nerve damage in the lowerextremities.
In 90% of cases, calcaneal spurs develop against the background of flat feet. The reason for this is that with flatfoot changes the load distribution on the bones of the feet, which causes too much tension of the tendons. The consequence of this is their easy traumatization under any sufficiently strong impact when walking - small stones or roughness of the soil.
After an injury, inflammation occurs, which is accompanied by pain. In the area of ligament ligament, its fibers are replaced by scar tissue. This fabric does not have high strength and elasticity, and therefore often becomes the site of the following damages. In particularly severe cases, certain tendinous fibers can even completely detach from the bones to which they are attached. As a result, the inflammation captures not only the tendons themselves, but also the surface layer of bone tissue located beneath them.
Age-related disorders of
In elderly people, the development of this disease is mainly associated with age-related changes and prolonged stress on the lower surface of the foot. All this, coupled with reduced ability to regenerate tissues, as well as age-related disorders in the blood supply of the lower limbs and leads to the development of a calcaneal spur.
Sport and training
Heel spur is a pathology that is characteristic not only of elderly patients. Young people develop it most often with intensive training and frequent training. Such sports as, for example, running, jumping, etc.always imply increased stress on the osteo-ligamentous apparatus of the foot and do not exclude the appearance of its micro-injury.
Overweight, which is one of the most characteristic diseases for a modern person, also causes an increased load on the feet when walking. In addition, fat people are much more at risk of foot injuries arising from uneven ground.
Common diseases of the body
The reason for the formation of the heel spur can be acute and chronic traumas of the calcaneus, as well as pathologies associated with metabolic disorders in the body, for example gout. In addition, the development of this disease can lead to significant circulatory disorders in the lower extremities in patients with poor vascular patency, for example, in diabetes mellitus.
The formation of the calcaneal spur can also be the result of a number of chronic inflammatory joint diseases .rheumatoid arthritis. Bechterew's disease, etc. The pathologies of the large joints of the lower extremities and the spine disrupt the normal distribution of the body's weight when walking over the surface of the foot and the risk of developing calcaneal spurs increases.
Quite often heel spur is accompanied by inflammatory processes in the mucous bags of the foot( achillobursitis or subclavian bursitis) and inflammation of the fascia - the shells of the foot muscles( fasciitis).
As early as the beginning of the 20th century, this disease was rare and in most cases it was caused by trauma, not flat feet or overweight. But in the modern world heel spur has become a very common disease. According to statistics, in 80% of cases it affects women, and more than half of them are residents of cities.
Diagnostics of calcaneal spur
Usually this diagnosis does not cause special difficulties when staging. It is based on typical enough complaints :
- pain in the heel area in the mornings after a night's sleep,
- pain in the heel after periods of rest and rest,
- pain arising after running or long walking,
- gradual reduction of pain sensations,as the patient paces,
- the emergence of local soreness when you click on the area of inflammation.
To confirm the diagnosis, an X-ray examination is usually performed. However, the calcaneal spur in most cases is detected accidentally by X-ray examination of patients who do not even complain. Therefore, it is believed that the presence of such a spur does not yet mean disease. It can be just an individual feature of the structure of the foot of a particular person. And if it does not deliver any unpleasant sensations and does not increase with time, then usually such a spur does not need treatment. Also, it is not uncommon for some patients with severe heel pains to show no spurs on the X-ray. In this case, the cause of complaints should be sought in other areas.
Signs and symptoms of calcaneal spine
The most common symptom of the calcaneal spur is the appearance of acute, burning pain while supporting the heel. Often, patients describe it as a feeling of "nail in the heel."Pain is caused by pressure of bone formation on soft tissues. In this case, the intensity of pain depends little on the shape and size of the build-up. Quite often sharp and large heel spurs are not felt by the person, and flat and small are very painful. The intensity of pain is more closely related to the location of the build-up than to its size. In addition, the closer the spur is located to the nerve end of the foot, the more painful it will be.
In the future, pain can occur without stress. This is due to the fact that scar tissue, formed at the site of the injury with time, begins to accumulate insoluble calcium compounds. These deposits cause irritation of surrounding tissues, mucous membranes of articular bags, bone elements and, as a result, inflammation, which is also accompanied by a characteristic pain syndrome.
The most common disease develops after the age of 40 years. One of the first signs of a calcaneal spur is pain while supporting the heel. Especially painful are the first steps after getting up from bed in the morning or after long breaks in movement - the so-called "starting pains".During the day, when walking, the pain subsides somewhat, and by the evening, with the accumulation of fatigue and stress, again intensifies.
Changes in gait
Pain can spread to the entire surface of the foot or be present only from the inside of the heel. Therefore, the patient involuntarily tries to unload the heel area, which affects his gait. It is statistically determined that with a calcaneal spur in 93% of cases there are violations of the nature of gait.
In this case, the transfer of the center of gravity from the heel to the outer edge and the forefoot causes an incorrect distribution of body weight and leads to the development of transverse flatfoot. In cases where heel spurs develop on both legs, it becomes particularly difficult for such a person to move.
An additional factor that increases pain in the calcaneal spur is the thinning of the subcutaneous fat on the heel, since this layer acts as a natural shock absorber when walking.
How do I know if I have a calcaneal spur?
If you mark the pain on the feet in the foot of the heel - this does not mean that you have heel spurs. To clarify your diagnosis, you need to contact a surgeon.orthopedist and rheumatologist. First of all, it is necessary to exclude other diseases that have similar painful manifestations in the heel area: rheumatoid arthritis, Bekhterev's disease and Reiter's syndrome. These diseases are diagnosed with the help of biochemical blood tests - it reveals specific rheumatoid factors. The very presence and size of bone growth is determined by X-ray examination. But the intensity of the pain depends no more on the size of the spur, but on the sensitivity of the surrounding tissues and the proximity of the nerve endings. Therefore, to refine the diagnostic data, it is recommended to supplement X-rays with ultrasound.
Heel spur in children
Bunches of children's feet are usually not yet strong enough to resist prolonged and effective loads. Therefore, children who are overweight, intensively engaged in sports or grow rapidly, are always at high risk of forming heel spurs. In addition, until the age of 16-18 years, the baby's foot is still very plastic and easily deformable. This leads to rapid and frequent flatfoot development. Also, with intensive growth of the child, which requires an increased intake of energy and building material, his joint-ligamentous and bone apparatus may suffer from a shortage of nutrients. Often this leads to the development of diseases of the spine and foot.
The most important thing is shoes!
It is important to choose children's shoes, taking into account the anatomical features characteristic of each of the ages. For example, for the first steps, when the children still have a fat pad on the arch of the foot, it is better to buy shoes with ordinary even soles and a heel level raised by 2 cm.
Later, depending on the condition of the foot and the individual needs of the child, you need to select shoes, which will perform preventive functions or use orthopedic insoles. The sole of any children's shoes for everyday wearing should not be completely flat, as, for example, with a sneaker or ballet shoes. But the heel should be selected not more than 3 cm in height. It is necessary to teach the foot of a child to quality shoes from the very early childhood. And one more tip: do not use worn sandals and shoes, because each child's foot tramples the insole strictly individually.
Therapy for calcaneal spurs in children
All such decisions related to footwear for children should be taken only after examination and with the assistance of an orthopedic physician.
If the child has already formed a calcaneal spur, then treatment should begin as soon as possible. Due to the stiffness of the gait, resulting from painful sensations in the heel and foot, the child can quickly develop scoliosis.violation of posture.inflammation of the joints of the lower extremities. The program of heel spurs therapy in children practically does not differ from that of adults, but often the cure comes much faster. This is due to the fact that the children's body has much more opportunities to repair damaged tissues.
Treating the calcaneal spur
Can I heal the heel spur?
Of course, yes! Currently, there is a very wide choice of ways to effectively heal spurs :
- providing the unloading of the foot by using various types of thrusts and insoles,
- ultrasound therapy,
- mineral baths,
- X-ray therapy,
- in the absence of effects - surgical treatment, which consists in removingbone build-up by surgery and excision of altered tissues.
In most cases, the treatment of the calcaneal spur is conservative and depends on the cause of the disease.
Shock-Wave Shock Therapy
Shockwave therapy is a relatively new method of treatment. In our country, this procedure began to practice not very long ago, but the first results are already encouraging. Of course, it is not yet possible to judge the effectiveness of this method of treatment unambiguously, since there is still no opportunity to study the long-term results of therapy.
The experience allows us to state that the effectiveness of getting rid of the heel spur is very high when using this method of treatment. The method is based on the action of pulses of ultrasonic waves of a certain frequency. The shock wave effect of ultrasound loosens calcium deposits in the heel spur. This allows later to wash the loosened deposits from the body with the bloodstream. The affected ligament is thus rid of accumulated calcium salts.
In addition, the processes of tissue regeneration are activated, puffiness and inflammation are reduced. With each procedure performed, the pain syndrome becomes less and, as a rule, completely disappears by the end of the treatment. The affected area in many ways restores its natural structure and regains the ability to tolerate everyday loads without causing painful sensations. In the initial stages of the disease heel spur is completely eliminated, and with a long duration of the process, deposition in a bunch of calcium compounds stops and inflammation is removed.
However, it is not possible to carry out shock-wave therapy for everyone. Contraindications to the treatment of calcaneal spur by ultrasound are :
- bleeding disorders,
How to reduce pain with calcaneal spur? ??
Application of bischofite solution 1: 7 within a month every other day. All will pass together with roentgenological signs.
. .. dry heat. .. hot sand is good. ..
In the summer compresses from the fresh burdock leaf are good, and in winter the UHF or laseremagnetotherapy course will help
No matter how strange it seems, many help to soarfeet in your urine. . And in general, it's better to go to a surgeon. ..
NSVSy, laser, UHF. As an extreme case, the best effect is provided by X-ray therapy.
drive salt on Malakhov
Уменьшитьpain - moneyth
But remove the reason for the appearance of spurs -! Proper Nutrition
My mom 79 years where that has got to: -)
Spurs are spiny growths on the surface of bones. The heel spur is more common in the area of the calcaneal spur. The causes of the disease can be trauma, as well as flat feet. Sometimes the appearance of a calcaneal spur leads to a sharp increase in body weight. The sedentary work, various infectious diseases promotes the appearance of the heel spur.
Symptoms: When approaching the heel, there is a sharp pain. The pain is so strong that some people prefer to walk with a cane or crutches, so as not to step on the sore heel.
Traditional methods of treatment: In acute stage the doctor prescribes analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs, electrophoresis. After the pain stops, special insoles with holes in the spur area are recommended. Spurs can be surgically removed.
Nontraditional and folk methods of treatment:
1) Grate half the head of garlic and tie it for 3-4 hours to the spur. Repeat the procedure until the pain disappears completely. When burning, stop the procedure.
2) Cut one head of onions in half and pour 1 drop of birch tar in the middle of each halve( sold in a pharmacy).Then attach the halves to the sore spot.
3) To reduce pain when walking, put a piece of aluminum foil on the spur.
4) Dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 8-10 drops of iodine in 3 liters.hot water. The water temperature is 37 degrees. Keep feet in water for 10 minutes. After the foot bath, wipe off and sore spots with a 5% iodine solution overnight.
5) Mix 50ml.ammonia and 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. To apply daily for 30 minutes to a sick heel a tampon, moistened in this mixture.
6) Dissolve in a water bath in 100g.honey 3gr.mummy and rub on the night sick spots.
7) Tie a fresh burdock leaf, or a plantain leaf, or a mother-and-stepmother sheet to the spur.
8) Drink as often as possible and as much as possible infusion of leaves of cranberries.
9) Pour the roots of the swamp dumplings( sold in the pharmacy) with vodka in a ratio of 1: 3.Insist and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
10) Fill a cleanly washed bottle by 2/3 of the volume with red elderberries, top up the alcohol and insist for 1 week. Strain and rub this sour with a sore spot.