Dear Denis Valerievich! I want to express my sincere gratitude to you for the highly professional operation( November 25, 2015).In the course of. ..Elvira Alekseevna
I am a girl, some time ago I was born again with a congenital trauma-dysplasia of the hip joint, eventually coxarthrosis was added to this,. ..Anna Ex.
Dear Denis Valerievich! I congratulate you on the Day of Medical Worker! Once again, I want to thank you for your sensitivity, benevolence, excellence. ..Rakant Mikhail Conservative treatment & Conservative treatment of flatfoot
Is it possible to cure flat feet?| |Dr. Yolkin
When is conservative treatment applied?
Conservative treatment is performed with minimal and slightly pronounced deformities, with flatfoot I-II degrees, and also complements operational methods, constituting an essential part.
However( AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!) It can not be a full-fledged alternative to surgical treatment when it is shown.
Also described methods are applicable for some other diseases of stop-tendinitis, fasciitis and calcaneal spur, etc.
Problems of conservative treatment of
Many believe that conservative treatment can relieve the deformation of the feet once and for all, but this is not true.
Already formed deformation, whether, for example, Hallux valgus or flat-footed conservative methods of treatment can not be corrected.
But this does not mean that conservative treatment is useless! Simply applying the methods described below, we must correctly understand their purpose and the limits of their capabilities.
The development of foot deformation is a complex pathological process that affects all its anatomical formations - joints, bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons and even the skin.
The tasks of conservative treatment methods include the following:
- Create a favorable load distribution for the foot structures. This has a positive effect on their structure and function, since the constant overstrain of individual formations leads to their premature destruction.
- Maintain the normal function of the foot joints. With the development of degenerative changes in the joints( arthrosis of the foot joints) deformation becomes rigid and irreversible.
- Avoid accumulation of "fatigue" changes. Chronic overstrain of ligaments, tendons and aponeuroses of the foot leads to rupture of some of their fibers, which provokes constant inflammation and associated pain.
- Improve blood supply conditions for all foot structures. Damaged by chronic overloads, education needs a full restoration, which requires good nutrition of tissues. This is important for all foot structures, without exception.
- Provide good skin care. Deformities of the feet adversely affect the skin condition.
Recommended methods for conservative treatment
1. Proper shoes
This does not mean a complete ban on model shoes with high heels! Just do not use it every day!
For everyday wear, use loose shoes with a low heel( 3-4 cm) and an orthopedic insoles inside( better than individual production) - these shoes can also be beautiful and stylish!
2. Careful foot care
Coarse because of rubbing the skin becomes a source of additional trouble. The corns and calluses are painful in themselves, and the cracks that appear in the skin can become a source of bacterial or fungal infection.
Foot care involves the timely removal of coarse areas of the epidermis, moisturizing the skin with nourishing creams, a massage to relieve tension. It is important to maintain the nails on the fingers in good condition.
With some deformations, the "ingrown toenail" often develops, so do not neglect a quality pedicure. In the evening it is very conducive to the full restoration of ligaments after daily exercise, the regular use of special( whirlpool) foot baths. This is also facilitated by foot massage.
For all this, well, you understand - in the SPA salon!
3. Regular gymnastics for the feet
Gymnastics stimulates blood circulation in foot tissues, and, consequently, improves their nutrition. Also exercises lead muscles and ligaments into tone and help to resist loads.
How? Here is an example:
- To bring the muscles and ligaments in tonus every morning, arrange a warm-up for the feet: walk 5-7 minutes on a soft rug first on the entire sole, then on the socks, then on the outer and inner sides of the foot.
- Complete the exercises by rolling the sole of a special roller or rolling pin.
- For a few minutes a day, use small toes with your toes: for example, rearrange the plastic cups by grasping them between 1 and 2 toes.
- In addition, do not neglect the opportunity to walk barefoot on soft grass or sand.
4. Wearing special orthopedic devices( prosthetics)
- There are many devices in pharmacies and in stores that help to correct the position of the first toe. Choose soft and comfortable, not hindering the wearing of shoes.
- Since an important component of valgus deformity is the violation of the arches of the foot, it is very important to wear individual orthopedic insoles. It is advisable to have several pairs of insoles, so as not to shift them constantly from one shoe to another. Keep in mind that after surgical correction of the deformity of the foot it is recommended to continue using the insole( it will be necessary to make new ones!)
The use of these tools will not "cure" the existing violations, but will slow the development of deformation, make walking more comfortable and, perhaps, delay the need for a visit to an orthopedic surgeon.
- With severe deformation, the implementation of some recommendations becomes impossible, this is natural.
- The implementation of all these recommendations is not an end in itself.
- The deformity that continues to develop is the reason for seeking surgical treatment.
Reception and treatment of patients is made in the clinic FGBU Federal Bureau of Medical and Social Expertise at the address of Ivan Susanin Street, 3( reception hours and directions).
Comments are closed.
Conservative treatment of flatfoot
Flatfoot is an ailment in which the foot flattenes, and in extreme cases becomes flat at all, that is, all its points touch the surface of the sole. Speaking in the language of physicians, flat foot is a pathology in which the shape of the foot changes - its longitudinal and transverse arches fall.
This disease is common among both adults and children. Flattening can be innate or acquired during life. Various factors can provoke its development. Among them, excessive body weight, congenital weakness of the muscles and ligamentous apparatus of the foot, rickets, muscle degradation, paralysis of the muscles of the lower limbs. Also, the cause of this ailment can be professional activity associated with prolonged standing on the legs.
At first flatfoot may not disturb the patient at all, only occasionally reminding himself of the buzzing of his legs after a walk. This is his cunning. Only with time, when the disease has already begun to progress, a person realizes that something is wrong with him. If by this time nothing is done, the flatfoot may respond with severe pain in the legs. But even this is half the trouble. The most terrible thing is the wear and tear of the musculoskeletal system.
Everyone who has not been fortunate enough to live with this stop disease, I wonder if can cure the flatfoot once and for all? Unfortunately, and it will be confirmed by any orthopedic doctor, it will not be possible to completely get rid of this illness. Although with proper treatment to reduce its manifestation to a minimum it is quite possible.
How to cure flat feet?
To give a full answer to this question, an orthopedist doctor will be able to give only after conducting a patient examination and determine the degree of the disease.
There are three degrees of flatfoot in total.
- Flattening of the 1st degree of is still very weak, but, nevertheless, it already gives the person discomfort. Firstly, you feel tired, especially after long walks. Secondly, there is pain in the feet. In order not to start flatfoot, treatment should begin at the first stage. And in general, the sooner the disease is prevented, the more effective the result will be. If the orthopedist diagnoses "flat feet of the 1st degree," he recommends that the patient give up wearing tight shoes and directs him to practice physical therapy.
- Flattening of 2nd degree , treatment of with which should also be started with conservative methods, accompanied by flattening of the foot. Pain extends not only to the foot, but also to the ankle and knee. Walking is an increasing difficulty. The gait changes at the same time.
- Flattening of the 3rd degree can be seen even with the unaided eye, since it is characterized by a strong deformation of the foot. The pain is frequent and strong, which affects walking. It's getting harder and harder to move. In any shoe, the leg feels uncomfortable. At this stage, orthopedic doctors recommend wearing orthopedic insoles, liners and shoes.
Flatfoot differs not only in degrees, but also in varieties.
1. Longitudinal flatfoot is characterized by an increase in the width and length of the foot. Everyone who has been diagnosed with "flat feet" should consult about treatment with an orthopedic specialist. If a longitudinal flatfoot of the 1st degree is detected in the patient , he is given a course of therapeutic physical training and massage.
- The first degree of flatfoot is not accompanied by any visible deformation of the foot. Fatigue in the legs appears only after physical exertion or after a long walk. However, if you press on the foot area, you can feel painful sensations. At the first degree, which is called a weak longitudinal flatfoot, the feet often swell, but only towards evening. The gait gradually loses its smoothness.
- In the second degree, called a moderately pronounced longitudinal flatfoot, the arch of the foot disappears. The pain is stronger and more frequent. They are distributed not only on the feet, but also on the ankles and even the shins. The patient feels that his muscles are gradually beginning to lose elasticity. The gait is getting heavier.
- At the third degree of flatfoot deformity of the foot is already pronounced. Pain and puffiness do not leave the zone of feet, shins, knee joints. Plus, there is pain in the lower back. The patient is suffering and headaches. Disability declines. Even short-term walking tours begin to cause difficulties. At the third degree of longitudinal flat feet walking in ordinary shoes is already impossible.
2. Spreading of the head of the first metatarsal bone. This pathology is associated with the presence of transverse flatfoot.
3. The transverse flatfoot is characterized by an increase in the anterior part of the foot. But the foot itself is shortened. After the exact presence of transverse flat feet is established, the treatment begins with wearing orthopedic shoes, insoles and liners.
- The weakly expressed transverse flatfoot of the first degree is manifested by the deviation of the angle of the first toe of the foot approximately 20 degrees, and in some cases even more. Fatigue in the legs appears after a long walk or a long standing. In the area of 2-4 fingers on the foot, the skin thickens, and the burrs appear. In addition, there is redness, and in the area of the first toe of the foot, pain begins to be felt.
- Moderate transverse flatfoot of the second degree is characterized by a deviation of the first toe of the foot by approximately 20-35 degrees. During physical exertion, the patient experiences pain and burning. They cover both the area of the finger and the entire foot. In the area of all five fingers appears spreading, and the size of the treads becomes even greater.
- The sharply expressed transverse flatfoot is the last third degree of the disease. The angle of the deviation of the first toe of the foot exceeds 35 degrees. During exercise, the patient feels severe pain in the foot area, which does not subside for a long time. It becomes sharply pronounced flattening of the forefoot. The corns, which appeared even at the first degree of flatfoot, do not disappear, but, on the contrary, increase in size. The first finger is almost dislocated. Against the background of all these manifestations, inflammation of the periarticular bag - bursitis - is possible. It is not excluded and the development of severe deformation of the hammer-shaped form in the zone of 2-4 toes of the foot.
4. Combined flat feet - it is characterized by signs of both longitudinal and transverse pathology.
Treatment of flatfoot in adults and children
Only after a thorough examination, an orthopedic specialist can decide how to treat flat feet. Each patient requires an individual approach, because in each case the disease proceeds in its own way. However, one can not but agree that the greatest effect of treatment of flatfoot in adults and children will only be if it is started in the first stages of the disease.
Most often, patients with flat feet are prescribed conservative treatment. If we are talking about the initial stages of the disease, then the course of massage, physiotherapy, physiotherapy is beneficial, thanks to which it is possible to strengthen the muscles of the feet, back and legs. To get a better effect, the patient is recommended to minimize physical stress on his legs and prefer shoes more spaciously, on a small heel.
If the flatfoot is expressed more strongly, the doctor prescribes the wearing of insoles, and also orthopedic shoes, thanks to which the arch of the foot can be modeled. With longitudinal flat feet, treatment involves carrying special liners under the front of the foot.
When you want to reduce the load on the heels, the doctor prescribes wearing the backs. In the event that the thumb is deflected outward, special interdigital liners help. But too long to wear special devices is not recommended, since the foot can get used to them, which will entail a weakening of the muscles and the progression of the disease. For this reason, orthopedists try not to resort to the use of instep support for the treatment of static flat feet in young children.
All without exception, orthopedists emphasize that the greatest effect can be achieved with the use of a systematic approach. After all, it is extremely important to pay attention not only to the feet, but also to the entire body as a whole. The systemic approach involves the treatment of the foot and the parallel treatment of the spine. In addition, it includes the prevention of osteoporosis, the normalization of weight and the preservation of mobility of other joints.
The treatment complex usually includes exercises that strengthen the muscular apparatus of the feet and legs, forming a correct posture.
Doctors note that it is extremely useful for the patient to bend and unbend the feet themselves, toes, and to grasp various small objects. Walking walks barefoot along the sand, walking on heels, socks and outer edges of feet are welcome. It is recommended to do rolling from the heel to the toe, and also to roll oval and round objects along the floor.
You need more rest time. Lifting weights, standing and walking for a long time is prohibited. But if this can not be avoided, it is necessary to take breaks, during which it would be possible to do the gymnastics of the feet described above.
Flatfoot can only be cured in children. Therefore, parents who have noticed that their child has flattened feet should immediately seek help from a specialist.
And here to correct a flatfoot in adults with the help of conservative methods it is possible only in exceptional cases and that only in the early stages of the disease. However, if you make maximum efforts and do not forget about prevention, you can relieve yourself for a long time from pain in the field of feet and even slow the progression of the disease and avoid the occurrence of complications in the form of curvature of the spine or arthrosis of the foot.
There is no need to doubt the conservative methods of treatment. They can actually lead to a favorable outcome, but only if the patient himself follows the recommendations of the doctor.
Platypodia of 2nd degree
Platypodia of the second degree are often also called moderately pronounced or intermittent. In this stage of the disease, the deformities of the foot are already noticeable to the layman and require immediate treatment.
Symptoms of flatfoot of the second degree
The surrounding patients notice serious gait disturbances. Perhaps the appearance of clubfoot, the steps are heavy. And to the man himself, the flat feet of the 2nd degree causes considerable inconvenience. These are pains in the foot, often giving up in the lower leg. At the same time, discomfort is felt almost constantly, and not only after long walks or physical exertion. The surface of the foot becomes flat, flattened. The vault is less and less noticeable. All these changes are caused by loss of muscle elasticity. Often, at the second stage, painful sensations are so bright that the patient tries to limit as much as possible in walking and spend less and less time on his legs. Because of the change in shape and the relief of the foot, the choice of shoes is quite problematic.
How is flat-foot 2 degrees treated?
Despite the severity of the disease, surgical treatment is used in exceptional situations. More often to the third degree flat feet try to treat conservative methods. It is mandatory to select orthopedic shoes in accordance with individual physiological changes. You should also use special insoles and foot pads, they will reduce discomfort and prevent the formation of corns. Effective for the treatment of flatfoot in the second stage is a combination of massage techniques and manual therapy. At the time of treatment, it is necessary to limit the time spent on legs, to give up long walks and to wear tight shoes with heels. Among the ways to treat flat feet of the 2nd degree, the same is considered therapeutic gymnastics. The best results are given by complexes that include not only exercises for strengthening the muscles of the foot and legs, but also giving the back to the correct position, which form the posture. The patient can also increase the effect of therapy with domestic activities. The simplest flexion-extension of fingers, the capture of small objects by them, the riding of the feet on the floor of studded balls and walking barefoot all contribute to a speedy recovery.
Methods of physiotherapy for the treatment of flatfoot
Treatment of flat feet is based on strengthening the muscles of the foot. It is for this reason that it will not work without proper physical exertion. Good results are given by swimming. In this case, the style is unimportant, the most important thing is the pedal produced by the foot. Take into account that at the second degree of the disease, activities can be accompanied by unpleasant sensations. It is necessary to begin with short training, gradually increasing their duration. The most correct answer to the question of how to cure a flat foot 2 degrees will be the recommendation to engage in different sports. However, if the deformation of the foot already takes place, it is worth not to skate and other sports that require specific shoes and give strong loads on the legs.
Children's flat feet 2 degrees
Talking about the diagnosis of flat feet in children makes sense from the age of three. The thing is that in the first years the child only learns to walk correctly, and the "irregular" form of the foot can be observed as a temporary and non-dangerous phenomenon. Quite often flat feet of 2 degrees in children appears in adolescence, after any diseases or because of hormonal changes taking place in the body. Treatment is conducted in the same way as in adults, until about 6 years old children are not trying to prescribe orthopedic shoes and insoles.
Tell me exercises to correct flat feet? For how much can I correct a flat foot 2 degrees? ?
Doctors almost always, in fact, refuse this at the age of 8-10 years old
However, practice shows that even at the age of 20 and 25, much can be done with great desire and zeal.
At least the degree of flatfoot can be greatly reduced
You ask for how much? There are so many factors. It is necessary to tune in to very hard work. I hope that in a year from the 2 nd degree it will be possible to reduce to the first
Flatfoot, if it is strong, it is necessary to try to cure
. With a strong degree of flatfoot and with heavy loads on the legs, unfortunately, teenagers and adults will often get aching legs, and even a head. At least fatigue is much higher
Because flatfoot sharply reduces depreciation and there is a strong overload of the spinal cord and brain
With flat feet, the spine suffers.
Treatment should include
- Massage with an experienced masseur
- LFK( persistent and daily)
( like heels, on the toes, on the inside and the inside of the foot)
A very important exercise is to flex-unbend fingers( as if into a fist)
Roll rolling-bottle-tube with pressure
And not only along, but also across!
Massage mat( toddle)
- If there is already a flatfoot, it may be necessary Supinators.(But, better made especially for you or at least matched for you)
and it is very ambiguous whether they should always be worn. It's like glasses.
I have goggles, and then you can not remove it-it may be more expedient to use the time for TRAINING the stops by walking without the insteps or in other insteps.
You can also see my site about the treatment of flatfoot and "bones"
( blanks in hallus-valgus.. ru)
For prevention it is very important to walk barefoot, but not on the floor, not on the asphalt, but on the uneven surface( pebbles, cones, grass).
For physical education and sports it is advisable to buy good sneakers, and not run from bad sneakers or casual"Chuvaki".
With transverse flatfoot( not common, which everyone knows, but with the transverse, that is, under the fingers), there is a curvature of the thumb outside and a so-called "bone" grows. If so, many I strongly advise in summer( at least part of the time) in open sandals. And with a hard back, a wide heel 2-3 cm, a folding sole and with half-open fingers, so that nothing presses the metatarsophalangeal joint( the "bones" area)
do this exercise every day. You take a round stick, for example, roll the dough for a dough, put it on the floor and roll it with a foot then the right one with your left foot forward, then with time you press harder
Follow the stones more often.
red-haired shedge( she)
to roll a step with a rolling pin, a bottle and small balls-alternately with each foot!plus insole insoles in shoes!
Flatfoot Can I heal flat feet of the 2nd degree in 18 years?
First slope away from the army, and then flat feet cure.
It is not treated, with the years it is worse: both insole wear and gymnastics do, buy expensive and comfortable shoes.
Can 2-degree flatfoot cure and how long does it take?
do several times a day sit-ups on socks from 20-40 times per approach the muscles of the arch of the foot will be strengthened in 2 weeks