Back massage for scoliosis
Scoliosis is one of the types of curvature of the spine axis, which is based on its lateral displacements. This means that in scoliosis, the vertebral column is deformed in such a way that one or more of its sections are deflected to the right or left of the median line. The disease occurs mainly in childhood and adolescence. His treatment must necessarily be comprehensive. An important place of the medical complex is massage with scoliosis, which is devoted to this article.
The therapeutic possibilities of massage in the treatment of scoliosis
The basis of the therapeutic effect of massage on the course of the scoliotic process is the purposeful relief of the main links in the mechanism of triggering and progression of this disease. The effectiveness of the procedure is explained by such an effect on the tissue:
- Normalization of the muscle tone. It is represented by its redistribution between stretched and flabby near-vertebral muscles due to an increase in their tone and strength. The contracted muscles on the other hand, on the contrary, become soft and supple. Due to this, the existing deformation is eliminated if it is reversible( maximum in grade 3 scoliosis).
- Improvement of blood circulation and lymph flow in affected tissues of the vertebral segment. Due to this, their nutrition is restored, trophic and regenerative processes are improved.
- Reflex action on pain receptors. Provides analgesic effect.
- Increased strength and elasticity of the ligamentous apparatus of the spine. The vertebrae become more mobile, which allows them to be repositioned in the physiological position in combination with the ability to stay in it.
- Generalizing and improving effect. Properly conducted massage positively affects the functioning of internal organs and the nervous system.
It's important to remember! Massage with scoliosis is an indispensable and integral component of the curative program. Its effectiveness is the higher, the more the requirements to performance are observed and the degree of severity of scoliosis is less!
Like any other treatment technique, massage with scoliosis has its clear contraindications. These include:
- local changes in skin and soft tissues in a zone that will be susceptible to manual intervention( rash, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, pustular abscess, abscesses, etc.);
- combination of scoliosis with diseases of the spine, manifested by its instability( spondylolisthesis, large disc hernias, early recovery period after vertebral fractures, etc.);
- any acute diseases and conditions( inflammatory or active exacerbation of chronic pathological processes in any organs and tissues);
- oncological diseases, specific damage in tuberculosis and other infectious processes of any localization;
- increase in body temperature, regardless of the causes and nature of hyperthermia;
- post-infarction period, cardiac and hepatic-renal failure, uncorrectable hypertension, malformations.
Scoliosis is a disease predominantly of childhood. The use of massage in these patients is characterized by high efficiency of
. The main rules and technique of performing
The back massage for scoliosis is based on observance of certain rules of its conduct and organization. Knowledge of these subtleties and their introduction into practice will allow achieving higher results of treatment. The basic rules look like this:We recommend reading: Complex of exercise therapy for scoliosis
- The main object of manipulation during a massage with scoliosis is muscle. The therapeutic effect of the method consists in relaxing and lengthening the toned muscles on the side of the concave part of the arch of the spine with simultaneous strengthening and contraction of muscle groups from the opposite side.
- Mandatory differentiated inclusion in the massage session, not only the muscles of the back, but also the belts of the upper and lower extremities( pelvis, shoulder, shoulders, hips), depending on the location of the curvature of the spine.
- The initial and final stages of treatment should be presented by intense surface massage techniques from scoliosis. This is necessary for the overall mobilization of the protective and restorative mechanisms of the body. The main deep corrective actions with respect to elimination of deformations are performed in the middle part of the treatment course.
- The effect on the muscular groups of the chest, gluteus and the shoulder area ensures the consolidation of the achieved results of the massage, the formation of a correct posture and establishes the formed motor-muscle stereotype.
- Special body positions must be used during the massage, in which the deformations are best eliminated.
- The height of the massage table should be such that the massage therapist had the opportunity to exert maximum force of manual influences( ideally the table should be slightly below the level of the fingertips of the hands).
- Children's massage for scoliosis should consist of 20-25 sessions, which are performed 2 to 4 times a year, which is determined by the degree of curvature of the spine and resistance to correction. The first sessions should last about 20 minutes with a gradual increase to 40-45 minutes.
It's important to remember! The effectiveness of massage with scoliosis increases with its combination with individually selected gymnastics to strengthen the muscles of the spine. The normalized tone is maintained at the proper level by muscles that have a strengthened structure. Only they are able to keep the vertebrae from re-deformation in the process of vital activity!
Some subtleties of
The direct massage technique for scoliosis should be based on observance of such subtleties:
- Manual manipulations on the muscles located on the concave side of deformation should be represented by kneading, squeezing, shaking with rough vibration.
- The convex part of the arc is massed by sliding, stroking, rubbing and weak vibrational movements.
- The impact on local nodal formation and muscle thickening should be point and reflex.
- The intensity of the manipulations that the masseur makes is determined by the individual features of the musculoskeletal structures, their strength and compliance, the age of the patient and the degree of deviations available.
- The first during the massage should be massaged back( in the thoracic and thoraco-lumbar region), then you should work on the lower lumbar and gluteal region. The abdomen, chest and upper shoulder girdle are massaged last.
During the massage, patients with scoliosis should use manual techniques performed from different positions of both the patient and the masseuse
. How to massage
The methods of massage for scoliosis are best mastered with the help of educational videos. They can be represented by these types of manual effects:
- In prone position on the abdomen with a turn of the head in the opposite direction from the maximum arc of curvature of the spine of the side. The masseur performs superficial stroking movements along the entire length of the back( 3-5 minutes).
- Differential massage from scoliosis - superficial manual effects on the muscles located on the side of the convex part of the vertebral arch. On the opposite side, deep receptions are performed( their varieties are described in the rubric "some subtleties").
- Rotate the patient sideways so that the spine is located concave side downwards( to the right side with right scoliosis, to the left side - with the left side).In this position, massage of the lumbar and gluteal regions is performed.
- Rotate the patient to the back. Trituration and massaging of the muscles of the thorax and intercostal spaces are performed.
- Point reflex-segmental massage. To begin to do massage of this type is not necessary from the first sessions. Their essence is in the performance of screwing, vibrating, stretching movements on a small zone in the region of a certain vertebral segment. Thus, elimination of reflex muscular spasm caused by irritation of the spinal roots is achieved.
It's important to remember! Not always against the background of the first sessions of massage positive dynamics are registered. In some cases there is an increase in pain and worsening of well-being. All these phenomena in most cases are temporary and will eventually pass independently. They should not be the reason for refusing to continue the sessions!
The effectiveness of
According to the data of most specialized centers, massage against scoliosis is an effective component of complex treatment. Most cases of the disease against the background of its implementation are characterized by a transition of the scoliosis of the third degree to the second. The first degree of scoliosis can be completely eliminated with the help of a massage alone.
Photo: scoliosis 3( left) and 4( right) degree
Massage with scoliosis I - IV st.is performed as follows:
- bends in the frontal region of the spine are revealed;
- the back is visually divided into squares;
- selects a technique for influencing vertebral muscles, considering the degree of curvature;
- massages the back, abdomen and chest area to strengthen the muscular corset.
It is carried out in 3 stages:
- Massage process( kneading, vibrations of various types, stretching, shearing, rubbing movements, percussion techniques).
- Relaxing stage( stroking, pressing and kneading methods).
Does manual therapy help in the treatment of scoliosis? Read in this article.
When a child's scoliosis is carried out according to a certain technique:
- The child lies on his stomach. On the part of the thoracic department, the specialist performs relaxing movements( stroking, sedation and relaxing techniques).Then, rubbing and vibratory actions are performed in the zone of thoracic scoliosis, then in the region of lumbar concavity.
- The child lies down on his left side. Here the masseur uses methods that allow you to pull the iliac crest on the right.
- The child rolls over on the stomach. Massage continues in the lumbar region. Then, the subscapular zone is relaxed and stretched.
- The child lies on his back. Anterior thoracic area is massaged.
- The massage session ends with strokes of the back and shoulder area.
Adelie Maxovna Chunts massage technique is very effective and widely used. Specially designed techniques take into account all the nuances of childhood scoliosis.
With lumbar scoliosis
Here the massage usually begins with stroking the entire entire back area.
Then the expert-masseur acts directly on the long back muscles( circular kneading, as well as the neck double, special flags annular / combined, performed only by bent fingers).Intercostal spaces are also massaged carefully.
In the loin area, the muscles are gently kneaded with a pad or sweat of the big toe only in a straight line;In this case, the sawing / crossing is used.
Massage ends, as a rule, with relaxing movements and easier pats on the entire dorsal surface.
With thoracic scoliosis
Usually, massage with breast scoliosis by specialists is assigned directly to relax the muscles and give the shoulder a natural position.
The masseur pulls the deformed shoulder so that it can take a symmetrical position to the adjacent shoulder. Then, only the muscles of the chest are affected( these are only ordinary techniques, special ring / combined kneading, as well as the double bar).
Absolutely all gaps between the ribs are gently massaged in a rectilinear / circular direction.
With s-shaped curvature
This type of massage affects the lower back and thoracic spine. It is produced according to the methods described above.
In the treatment of scoliosis, Thai massage techniques are used, the emphasis is on eliminating problems with mechanical techniques.
During the session, the patient lies on the floor, his hands are wound behind his back, a pillow is placed under his shoulder.
The masseur is located next to the patient's buttocks and performs soft pressing actions in the dorsal area. Then the massage is subjected to the lumbar region.
Further the side part is massaged. Here, manipulations are performed by rotating the body of the masseur, excluding hands.
The last stage is stretching the arms and soft pressing movements on the sides of the body.
This massage method uses differentiated pressure techniques on the back muscles( relaxing, toning and stretching).
Manipulations are performed with the dorsal muscles, as well as the abdomen, the entire chest area, the buttock zone and the limbs.
Video: differential massage
Manual massage refers to a class of medical procedures. His technique is now widely used in the treatment of diseases of the spine.
It includes a complex of mechanical effects on problem areas of the body. A good masseur usually uses kneading, stretching, vibrating movements and stroking.
Manual massage helps to restore the vertebral structure and throughput of blood vessels. Before the beginning of carrying out of such massage necessarily it is necessary to pass or take place full inspection.Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? Perhaps you will be interested in an article about osteochondrosis of the cervical department.
You can read the material about chest osteochondrosis here, and information about osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department can be found here.
Jar massage is a specific treatment procedure - a direct effect on the diseased organ is provided with a vacuum.
This massage enhances the process of blood and lymph circulation and actively feeds tissues.
It can be carried out at home. It is believed that this does not require special skills and knowledge.
As a rule, first the lumbar zone of the patient is rubbed and heated by massaging movements.
After, his back is treated with a usual Vaseline / massage oil or a fat baby cream. And only after all the oil has already absorbed, you need to take a medical jar, alcohol and tweezers.
Clean cotton swab dipped in alcohol and immediately ignited. A specialist masseur introduces tweezers with this burning tampon into the jar for 2 seconds, in order to create a vacuum and dilute the air. Then this jar is quickly installed on the patient's body.
At the next stage, the so-called rectilinear light cannon motions are already performed.
They are produced exclusively in the length of the spine.
You can perform not only rectilinear, but also circular, and various zigzag movements with a medical jar. Massage lasts 5-15 minutes, after which the can is removed, and the remaining oil is removed with a napkin.
It's no wonder that acupressure nowadays is increasingly used directly for the treatment of scoliosis. This method is connected with the general theory of point theory.
In our body, as you know, there are simply a huge number of points that are interrelated with certain organs. If the organ is healthy, the point on a particular site will be painless, and vice versa.
To cope with the disease, you need to know exactly the points on the body and their meaning.
Pressing with your fingertips on the painful point for 5 seconds helps to restore the performance of a particular organ.
For the treatment of scoliosis, points of "large vertebra", "curved pond" and "joint of bones" are used.
Acupressure requires specific knowledge and professionalism.
The course of any massage in adults and children is 10-20 days and depends on the degree of curvature of the spine. In a month or half a year the doctor prescribes a second course of medical massage.
In a year it is necessary to spend approximately 2-3 courses of individual massage procedures.
With a little longer or too often, the effectiveness of the massage is gradually reduced.
It should be borne in mind that with scoliosis, massage is performed in conjunction with exercise therapy. Physical exercises are selected individually and performed daily or several times in 7 days.
It is recommended that exercise gymnastics be used to improve the condition of the spine in order to prevent the appearance of scoliosis in the future.
Professional and, of course, a therapeutic massage against scoliosis helps not only to eliminate back pain, but also has a very beneficial effect directly on the entire body.
Specialists recommend a therapeutic massage for any degree of scoliosis.
Regular massage procedures allow you to adjust the curvature of the spine and the whole body. In general, they perfectly strengthen muscles, increase blood circulation, reduce pain syndromes and feelings of chronic fatigue.
As a result of back massage:
- is gradually correcting vertebral curvature;
- relieve the pain.
A single course of massage is not enough to eliminate scoliosis and alignment of the vertebrae.
It is necessary to pass a one-year course, together with other procedures( exercise therapy, physio procedures).
With properly selected techniques, you can permanently get rid of scoliosis. The main thing is not to delay this process, but in time to consult a doctor.
It is not recommended to do massage procedures on your own.
Massage is an important and effective component in the proper treatment of scoliosis. But, it's impossible to limit oneself to just one massage. But the combination of other methods and massage procedures will bring tangible benefits.
Massage with scoliosis. Basic massage techniques for scoliosis.| |Life without scoliosis
Scoliosis massage is one of the methods of conservative treatment at any degree of curvature, but it can only effect in a compartment with other methods: exercise therapy, physiotherapy, gym, swimming, etc. This is due to the fact that with manualtherapy can improve the position of the spine, reduce the arc curvature, relieve tension in the muscles. But a back massage with scoliosis can not strengthen the muscle corset to the right degree. To do this, the above listed techniques are used.
Two theories of massage for spine scoliosis
First, let's dwell on this point: everyone knows that the purpose of the massage is to relax the tense muscles and tone the weakened ones. Here the main question arises: which muscles are considered strained, and which are relaxed? There can be two options here: the muscles of the concave part of the back are strained, and the muscles of the convex part are relaxed and vice versa, respectively. The first version is supported by the theory of the so-called bow string. Here, the arch of the spine is compared with the bow, and the following conclusion is drawn: the muscles of the back like a bow string pull the spine in the concave part of it, so the other part of the back is relaxed. This version is put forward by surgeons who operate with this disease.
Now let's move on to the arguments.
The root cause of scoliosis is now and many years ago considered to be gravity. Under this force, it is clear where the pressure arises at the upper point of curvature: the vertebrae from the concave side develop more slowly, from which pressure appears on the vertebrae and along with it the muscle tension. The theory with onions is categorically illogical - here, for some reason, the cause of scoliosis is the force of muscle tension, into which the "force" of gravity "suddenly" was transformed.
On the other hand, a large number of independent studies by many well-known specialists( Alvin M. Arkin, Poland, AA Skoblin, Russia, Armstrong, USA, etc.), confirms the opposite: the muscles of the curved part are strained. This is supported by measurements in patients with electrical potential of the back. It is always greater in the convex part of it. Also, these muscles will change their structure, increasing the number of fibers that work for endurance to compensate for their increased activity.
Thus, the constant toning of the muscles of the convex part of the back during massage leads to their chronic inflammation, and accordingly to weakness and further dysfunction. The weakness of these muscles arises from their re-use, but not the other way around.
Now consider the muscles of the back from the side of the concavity. They are shortened, therefore, they can not develop the maximum stress. This effect is possible only with the length of the muscle, close to the physiological. Therefore, the chronically inactive muscle is weak.
You can not categorically divide your back into two halves: tense and relaxed. Different muscles and one and the other can be in one of these two states, but more tense muscles on the side of the bulge. Carrying out a massage in scoliosis, you need to pay attention to each muscle, recognize its condition and conduct an appropriate massage.
So what to believe more?
Despite all the above arguments, with a back massage carefully monitor your feelings and well-being. Be interested in the doctor from which side he will relax the muscles, and with what tonify. It is also good if, in response, you hear that the diagnosis will first be carried out for tight muscles. If something does not like or causes unpleasant and painful sensations, it is worthwhile to think about changing the masseur. After all, finding a high-class specialist is difficult.
Dear parents! If your child is diagnosed with this disease, learn how to do massage yourself for scoliosis in children. Listen to your child, his complaints, because no one will do it except you. Doctors, however rude it may sound, do not lose anything if they do something wrong. And on a fee-based basis the doctor is to some extent even interested that you come to him again and again.
The main massage techniques for scoliosis
Therapeutic massage for scoliosis should begin with the muscles of the legs, then the hips, abdomen and, lastly, the back. The technique of massage with scoliosis of the back is in principle clear - to strengthen the weak muscles and relax the strained. For different types of scoliosis, a corresponding massage is required.
First case - c-shaped thoracic scoliosis : Back massage begins with stroking the back. First, the concave side is massed, then convex. Further, long and broadest muscles are kneaded in circular motions, the muscles of the intercostal spaces are rectilinear movements. Further, the neck and the trapezius muscle are massaged - here the dynamics and duration of the massage on the entire surface should not differ. Massage techniques should alternate with stroking and shaking. The purpose of the first sessions is to relax the muscles of the neck and the convex part of the back as much as possible. Next, you should strengthen and stimulate the muscles of the opposite part of the back. It is also necessary to massage the muscles of the breast - they need relaxation, and the abdominal muscles - for the purpose of strengthening.
The second case is a c-shaped scoliosis of the lumbar spine. Here the massage, as in the previous case, begins with stroking the back, then the "squeezing" techniques are performed. The sequence of massage here is the same as above - first the concave side, then the convex one. The first is warm-up of long and broadest muscles of the back with circular and circular motions, then the muscles of intercostal spaces are massaged rectilinearly. Next, you need to massage the lumbar region, using rectilinear and circular motions. The next step is massage of the pelvic region in the following sequence: stroking, "squeezing", kneading the sacrum and the crest of the ilium. After that, we exert pressure on the convex part of the back, trying to "return" the spine to its place. The final stage is massage of the leg muscles. Particular attention is paid to the leg from the convex side. Sequence at massage of a forward surface: a femur, a knee joint, a shin;on the back: thigh, knee joint, calf muscle.
The third case is the s-shaped scoliosis of .Here, massage is performed on the lumbar and thoracic spine according to the technique described above.
The duration of the massage is 10-12 sessions, it should be repeated two to three times a year, depending on the degree of curvature and well-being.
Scoliosis massage video training
Therapeutic massage for scoliosis is taught for a long time at various courses. To find something similar in your city - use the search. But if you already know how to do a massage, but just forgot something - you can watch a back massage with scoliosis videos. This will help you remember the basic techniques and techniques of massage.
If you are doing massage to a child, then you will benefit from the following - massage with scoliosis in children video
Massage with scoliosisHello, dear readers of the social network site masseur. What do we know about scoliosis? Scoliosis is a persistent lateral curvature of the spine. Scoliotic disease is a complicated deformity of the spine with curvature in the frontal plane, the occurrence most often of hyperkiphosis of the thoracic, hyperlordosis of the cervical and lumbar spine with torso of the vertebrae.
Scoliosis classificationScoliosis is classified according to different criteria.
By origin:( the most common in the world is the Cobb classification - 1958)
- I group - scoliosis of myopathic( muscular) origin. Occur with insufficient development of muscle tissue and ligament apparatus. Rachytic scoliosis, arising from dystrophic processes in the skeleton and neuromuscular tissues, can be included in this group.
- II group - scoliosis of a neurogenic origin. Occur with poliomyelitis, syringomyelia, neurofibromatosis and spastic paralysis. This group can include antalgic scoliosis with low back pain and scoliosis, which occur when the roots of the spinal cord are squeezed with pronounced degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs.
- III group - scoliosis with anomalies of the development of the ribs and vertebrae. In this group, all congenital scoliosis can be recorded.
- IV group - scoliosis, arising from diseases of the thorax, for example cicatricial changes with empyema. Scoliosis that occurs after burns and plastic operations on the chest.
- V group - idiopathic scoliosis. About 80% of all scoliosis is caused, the cause of which is currently unknown.
Based on the shape of the curvature:
- cervicothorax( the top of the arc falls to the level of Th3 - Th4);
- thoracic( the top of the arc falls to the level of Th8 - Th9);
- mastoid lumbar( the top of the arc falls to the level of Th11 - Th12);
- lumbar( the top of the arc is at the level of L1 - L2);
- lumbosacral( the top of the arc is at level L5 - S1).
- compensated form when in standing position the vertical line from C7 of the vertebra passes exactly through the center of the interannual fold;
- is an uncompensated form when in standing position the vertical line from C7 of the vertebra does not pass through the center of the interannual fold, but deviates to the side.
- 1 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 1 ° to 10 °.There is a weakly expressed asymmetry of the shoulder and shoulder blades in the case of cervicothoracic and thoracic scoliosis, asymmetry at the waist level in the case of lumbar scoliosis. There is an asymmetry of muscles at the level of the arc of curvature. The curvature disappears in a horizontal position. In international classification, a deviation of less than 10 ° is considered a variant of the norm and does not constitute a problem.
- 2 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 11 ° to 25 °.More pronounced curvature with a small compensatory arc and a small rib hump. The curvature does not disappear completely in the horizontal position.
- 3 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 26 ° to 50 °.Significant curvature of the spine with compensatory arc. There is a pronounced deformation of the thorax in the form of a rib humeral hump. Minor correction of curvature with horizontal unloading of the spine.
- 4th degree - the angle of scoliosis is 50 ° or more. Pronounced kyphoscoliosis with impaired function of the heart and lungs.
According to the clinical course:
- scoliosis is non-progressive;
- scoliosis is progressive.
Basic principles of the massage in scoliosis.Massage with scoliosis second and higher degree must be differentiated, that is, a differentiated effect on the back muscles is necessary. In this case, the shortened, strained muscles from the concavity of the arcs of the curvature of the spine stretch and relax. And from the side of the bulge, on the stretched muscles on the contrary, they perform toning, stimulating receptions of the massage. In the same way have a differentiated effect on the shortened and stretched muscles of the chest, abdomen, buttocks and extremities. In addition, painful areas, local muscle hypertonia, seals( strands, nodules in tissues) are identified and act on them, using segmental-reflex and point-massage techniques. For the masseur it is very important to clearly represent the tasks and perform the massage techniques individually for each patient, guided by the overall treatment plan. Contraindicated repeated stereotyped procedures.
- At the initial stage of treatment, for mobilization of curvature, intensive massage of superficial tissues is necessary. The purpose of massage: to increase the general tone of the body, to activate the recovery processes.
- Next is a gentle massage of the muscles. Purpose: elimination of local muscle hypertension, improvement of muscle trophism.
- At the stage of correction of deformation, stabilization of the achieved results, more intensive, deep and long-term massage is needed. As a result, stretching of shortened, spasmodic muscles is achieved, their tone increases, and stretched muscles contract.
Features of the massage for scoliosis:
- use of special patient positions that contribute to correcting the deformation of the spine;
- limitation of the variety of massage techniques in favor of the most effective;
- it is desirable to reduce the height of the massage table so that it is below the level of the tips of the fingers of the lowered hands. This is necessary to use the weight therapist to weight his body, active footwork, in order to ensure sufficient strength of movements.
Technique of performing massage for scoliosisLet us consider an example of massage in the treatment of one of the most common types - thoracic scoliosis, where the convexity of the lumbar arch is directed to the left, and the thoracic arch is to the right.
Sequence of massage techniques:
Lying on stomach
BackFirst lay the patient on the abdomen, hands are laid along the body, the head is turned to the side opposite to the torsion of the vertebrae of the cervical spine, formed as a result of scoliotic deformation. Then put the roller under the ankle joints. The masseuse must stand to the left of the table( at an angle of 45 degrees) at the level of the patient's pelvis. The legs should be slightly bent and widely spaced: the left one - in front. Begin with simultaneous longitudinal stroking of both halves of the back. Movement at this smooth, rhythmic, long, carried out along the entire spine due to the harmonious movement of the hands, body and legs. From superficial strokes it is necessary to move to deeper, using planar and enveloping options. Particular attention should be paid to the massage of the paravertebral regions. Next, deep rubbing should be carried out with the palm rest with the burden: long movements along the spine( one movement in 1 to 1.5 seconds), alternately 10-12 movements first left, then right. Important: it is forbidden to exert strong pressure on the bony projections! Then the masseur must stand perpendicular to the table, slightly bent legs, placed on the double width of the shoulders. The base of the right and the rib of the left palm is to capture the skin-hypodermic crease as thick as possible and with counter-circular movements( right-to-yourself, left-from yourself), rub the crease between the palms. In this case, the right palm, by sliding pressure, carries out the kneading of the underlying muscles. Movement smooth, rhythmic, massaging palms should be in constant contact with tissues. Movement can be either in the caudal or cranial direction. In this regard, the performance of the procedure is allowed to start equally from the lumbar and the upper thoracic spine. On each side it is necessary to perform 3 - 4 "passes".In the intervals between them: 1 - 2 longitudinal comb-like strokes. In this case, the nearest and remote sides are processed from one position. A more rigid variant of reception is possible: instead of the base of the right palm, proximal interphalangeal joints are used, as in the comb-like technique. Elapsed time: 6 - 8 minutes. The patient, after performing the first three techniques, should have a feeling of warmth. And the skin of the back slightly blushes. Next, you should assess the condition of the trapezius muscles. If you find an asymmetry in the tone of the upper portion of the trapezius muscles, the shortened strained muscle should be stretched and performed with gentle soft kneading techniques. But the relaxed muscle - stretch it with the help of sharp jerky pressure, pulling, tingling.
FeetHaving determined that there is sluggishness of the gluteal muscles, it is recommended after stroking to perform grinding and deep kneading. Platellia is a pathology often associated with scoliosis. It requires a hard massage of the plantar surface of the feet and a group of tibial muscles. You should also teach the patient a scoliosis self-massage stop.
Lying on the sideFurther the masseur needs to lay the patient on the right side facing to itself. Under the chest lay a thick pillow 6-8 cm thick. The right forearm is under the head, the left arm is extended forward. The left leg should be slightly bent and lie in front of the right leg. Thus, a small ventral slope is created. On the right leg( in the ankle area), you should fasten the bracelet, with a cord attached to it, at the end of which there is a hook, with sandbags hanging through the bracket, whose weight is 10-20% of the patient's weight. After this, the masseur needs to place the baseright palm to the medial edge of the right extensor of the back( at the level of LY-SI), and the second and fifth fingers should support the lateral margin. And then, using the weight of the body, with measured rhythmic movements directed vertically downwards, he needs to pull the muscle away from the spine, gradually moving cranially to the upper lumbar region by "stepping over" from the tenar to the hypotenar. Running 3 - 4 passes lasting 5 - 7 minutes. Then, the masseur must perform, the base of the palm, kneading the left extensor of the back at the lumbar level. Movement in the form of tremors: sharp, jerky, rhythmic for 2 - 3 minutes. In the same position, massage and stretching of the pectoral muscle is performed. The patient should be placed on the left side, under the waist to put a roller. The left arm should be pulled forward, while the right forearm should rest against the surface of the table, fixing the ventral slope. Load, it is necessary to fix on the left hand, similar to the fastening on the leg. His weight: 10-15% of the weight of the patient. After this, the masseur must go to the other side of the table and begin stretching kneading the left extensor of the back. Reception is performed at the thoracic level and by the same procedure as at the lumbar level. It takes 3 to 4 passes for 5 to 7 minutes. Milling of the right extensor of the back at the thoracic level should be performed by sharp abrupt rhythmic movements( 2 to 3 minutes). The degree of exposure is selected individually, depending on the general condition and degree of the patient's physical condition. You can not bring to pain and bruising.
RecommendationsIt is advisable to conduct at least two, and during periods of "jumps" in growth - four courses per year, consisting of 20 to 25 procedures. Duration of the exercise, which should start from 15 - 20 minutes and increase to 40 - 50 minutes to 8 - 10 procedure. In addition to the massage, attention should be paid to training the patient with scoliosis with specialized anti-asthma breathing exercises by the method of Katarina Schroth, which in European practice currently representsis a recognized effective tool for the treatment of scoliosis.
- improvement - when the arc of scoliosis decreases( transition of the second degree of scoliosis to the first, the transition of the first degree of scoliosis in violation of posture, complete recovery);
- process stabilization - when the arc of curvature remains at the same level;
- progression - when the scoliotic arch increases.
xn - 80aasiq5aadj.xn - p1ai