Therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) for cervical osteochondrosis - examples of exercisesOsteochondrosis of the cervical spine is an insidious disease. The age threshold of morbidity falls every year, so now the problem of cervical osteochondrosis treatment is as acute as never before.
Unfortunately, the penetration of medicine in different parts of our country leaves much to be desired, and now self-preventive maintenance of the disease and supportive therapy at home are extremely topical.
To help us come various exercises for the prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis and professionally composed exercise therapy( therapeutic and physical education complexes).
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis.
The prevention of cervical osteochondrosis is massage and self-massage
.The warming up techniques of massage, rubbing, patting, restore blood circulation in muscles, relieve the tension of neck muscles. Massage can be done by itself, stretching and rubbing the back of the surface of the neck and the base of the skull, eliminating this stagnation of blood and restoring the circulation of the head.
The workplace should be comfortable. You should use an ergonomic chair. Elbows should lie at the table level, the back is straight, the computer monitor is slightly above the look. In work, you need to take breaks to reduce static loads on your back.
Preventive measure of osteochondrosis is the performance of exercises for the cervical department. Less dangerous are isometric exercises, consisting in counteracting the load for 5-6 seconds. The head opposes the pressure of the palm of the hand. Perform exercises without sudden movements, smoothly.
- Sitting at a table with a straight back. Put your elbow on the table, press your ear to the palm of your hand, tilt your head to your shoulder, counteracting it with your hand. Hold 10 seconds, 10 repetitions. The lateral muscles of the neck are strengthened. Repeat the same number of times in both directions.
- Sitting at the table, place your arm on the table on your elbow, lean on your palm forehead, rest your hand and press your head for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on the floor on your back. Push the back of the head to the floor. Hold the position for 5-6 seconds.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach, put pressure on the floor with your forehead.
- Lie on the floor on the left side, the left hand lies on the floor, put your head on it and press your head on your arm.
- Same for the right side.
- Sitting on a chair with a straight back, fingers to connect to the lock, put on the back of the head, press down the back of the head with the clasped fingers.
- Standing against the wall, squeeze the back of the head against the wall.
All of the above isometric exercises should be performed with effort for 5-6 seconds, then slowly relieve tension and relax. Do 5-10 repetitions.
Beneficial effect on the condition of the cervical department of the execution of the vises on the horizontal bar. You can perform visas with a wide and narrow grip for 30 seconds. Under the influence of its own weight, all spinal vertebrae are stretched.
You should pay attention to your habits, do not be hunched over the table, keep your posture, while talking on the phone, do not press the receiver with your ear to your shoulder.
Be sure to do every hour breaks in work. A good prevention is swimming.
Learn more about the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Correct diagnosis is the key to the correct choice of treatment. Use Mawalis pricks with osteochondrosis read in our article.
Find out what to do when your head is aching with cervical osteochondrosis in this article - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/ golovnaya-bol.html
To prevent illness, you can perform daily simple small exercise complexes. The program of Vladimir Perov presents quite accessible exercises. In order to determine the condition of the cervical spine, you can perform small tests: bend the head back and forth, tilt to the shoulder and turn the head to the left and to the right.
Normally, a person should bend his head 45 degrees, unbend 50. To tilt the head to the shoulder should be at 45 degrees, rotate the head 90 degrees in both directions.
Medical gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
It is possible to begin exercises of therapeutic gymnastics only after the pain sensations stop. You can not perform exercises during an attack. After an attack, it is allowed to conduct isometric exercises of low intensity, in this case the muscles tense up, resisting the load. Muscles of the neck create a muscular corset, firmly holding the vertebrae.
All the exercises must be performed slowly, without jerks and sudden movements. Before performing gymnastic complexes, you should choose an individual technique, based on the opinion of a specialist.
Therapeutic exercise of Dr. Ignatiev.
- Position sitting, back and neck are straight. Turn the head to the right and left until it stops, but gently, not abruptly. Repeat 10 times.
- Seated position, straight back and neck. Lower your head down, try to touch your chest with your chin.10 repetitions.
- Position sitting, chin and neck pull back, 10 repetitions.
- The sitting position, hands freely hang down along the body. Gently lift your shoulders and hold for 10 seconds. Relax. Run 10 repetitions.
- Lying on a hard surface, knead 4 minutes of the neck muscles and the base of the skull. Try to perform massage intensively to improve the flow of blood.
- Rinse sitting or lying on a hard surface of the muscle between the shoulder blades and above the shoulder blades.
- In a circular motion, stretch the muscles over the ear and to the back of the neck.
A complex of exercises, combined with slow, calm breathing. Breathing helps focus on the performance of the exercise, helps to increase its effectiveness. Repeat preferably during the day several times. The amplitude of the movements is small. Lying position helps reduce the load on the vertebrae, you can not strive to do everything at once. The main thing is caution, gradualness and persistence of studies.
- Lying on the back on the floor. One hand on the abdomen, the other on the chest. A quiet breath - the stomach rises, then the chest. Exhalation is calm, long. It is necessary to try, that the exhalation was longer than inhalation. Perform freely, relaxed. Make 10 repetitions.
- Lying on the floor on the stomach. Slowly raise your head, then your shoulders, then rest with your hands in front of you, linger for 1 minute. Try to always remember the posture.
- Lying on the stomach. Hands are located along the trunk. Loosely, slowly turn your head, trying to touch the ear of the floor. Repeat left-right 6 times.
- Seated position. Head tilt forward, then back slowly tilt to the stop, but not sharply and not to pain. Repeat 10 times.
- Sitting at the table. Elbows put on the table, put your head in the palm of your hand, push your forehead against your palm. Try to strain as much as possible. Perform the exercise on exhalation. Repeat 10 times.
- Rotate the head alternately 5 times in the left and right side. If you feel pain, you should limit your chin to the left shoulder, then to the right to the shoulder. Repeat 6 times.
Video-manual on curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis.
Of the many video-manuals on curative gymnastics for the therapy of the cervical spine can choose the most effective. It is better to follow the recommendations of existing manual therapists and trust their experience.
VD Gitt , experienced manual therapist, author of the micromotion theory , gives effective recommendations for performing exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
The theory of micromovement is that the food is absorbed by the cartilage while working. However, large loads destroy the cartilage. Small, in the "homeopathic" dose of movement, on the contrary, contribute to the assimilation of substances from the synovial fluid.
It is necessary to listen to the recommendations of the practicing manual doctor IE Kostyuk .Great work experience allows the doctor to tell simple language about complex things, to recommend the most effective set of exercises. Smooth and diverse neck movements, turns, slopes, combinations, a complex of thoughtful movements allow the complex to be used daily for people of all ages. Exercises for the neck department of Dr. Butrimov are available to everyone.
The complex of Mikhail Shilov works well on the muscles of the neck, without sudden movements and efforts, the back muscles are gently stretched under the effect of the weight of the head, the shoulders are released, and the ease of movement is restored.
Complex exercise exercise therapy( therapeutic gymnastics) with cervical osteochondrosis of the spine. Video manual.
These exercises are suitable both for the treatment and prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, and for the cervicothoracic form of the disease.
Video manual on massage of the cervical collar zone with osteochondrosis.
Combining massage, self-massage, achieving medical massage techniques, controlling your posture and performing simple exercises for cervical vertebrae, a person will gain ease, freedom, relaxed movements and, perhaps, forget about the existence of cervical osteochondrosis.
Therapeutic gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosisThe osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral disks of this site( changes in the structure of the vertebral bodies due to destruction of the cartilaginous tissue between them, which is why their nutrition is disturbed).Almost every person older than 40 is suffering from this pathology in one way or another. Often, changes in the spine occur even at a young age and progress with age.
What causes osteochondrosis?
Many factors can influence the development of spine joint injuries, which can be conditionally divided into controlled and uncontrolled ones. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine appears due to:
- hereditary predisposition;
- hormonal disorders;
- anomalies in the development of the musculoskeletal system;
- excessive and incorrect load on the spine( working at a computer, sedentary lifestyle);
- because of mechanical factors( sprain, injury of this part of the spine);
- wrong power supply.
The first three points are uncontrolled causes of the disease, it is almost impossible to cope with them. The last three factors can be influenced by systematic dosed loads, for example, with the help of exercise therapy( LFK).
How does the disease manifest itself?
Manifestations are diverse and involve many systems and organs. Of the most significant symptoms can be identified the following:
- at the early stages of the process the disease does not manifest itself;
- over time, there may be severe headaches and pain in the neck;
- dizziness and tinnitus;
- limitation of mobility of joints in the affected area;
- cardiac rhythm disturbances that can be seen on a cardiogram;
- insomiya( lack of full sleep);
- numbness of limbs;
- spasm of the muscles of the neck, chest and back, shoulder girdle.
Treatment plan for osteochondrosis
The therapy of the disease must be approached in a comprehensive manner, affecting all the links in the development of the painful process. Treatment includes:
- analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs( ketorol, xsefokam, nimesulide, etodolac, diclofenac);
- medicines to relieve muscle spasm and reduce edema of tissues( tyzalud, midocalam);
- vitamins( nicotinic acid, B vitamins);
- chondroprotectors( substances restoring the structure of cartilage);
- has well proven itself in therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical department, which is also the prevention of the development of the disease;
- good nutrition and active lifestyle;
- physiotherapy treatment.
Basic rules for doing exercises
Classes can be held in special institutions with an instructor and at home, having previously selected an individual set of exercises with the specialist. General rules for physical exercise:
- does not start gymnastics without having previously completed a comprehensive set of examinations;
- is not recommended to start such treatment alone, it is important to consult an instructor;
- exercises should be aimed at strengthening the muscles of the cervical spine, without excessive strain on the entire vertebral column;
- it is necessary to follow the principle from simple to complex: more effectively gradual increase in the number and duration of classes;
- exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can not be carried out through strength and pain, the movements should be soft and smooth;
- physical education does not end after the onset of relief, it should be performed continuously;
- should not be interrupted.
There are several well-proven techniques for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, we learn what their features are and what their differences are.
Classic exercises for strengthening the neck muscles
All movements are performed in a standing or sitting position for 5-6 repetitions. When performing exercise therapy there should be no sensations of discomfort and acute pain. Complex exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
- for the beginning should bring the neck in an upright position and relax the shoulders;
- slow and smooth turns to the right and left, 5 times in each direction;
- it is necessary to sit down straight, to throw a head back and to try to reach the right ear to the right shoulder, after doing the same in the other direction;
- put your palms on your forehead and slowly press them head, while the palms should stay in the same place( resist pressure);
- exercise is similar to the previous one, but in this case, the palm should be put on the temple, pressing on it with your head, counting to yourself to five, repeating 3 times alternately on each side;
- to shrug the shoulders forward, raise them upwards as much as possible, then back up and bring it back down, thus describing the circle.
Classes are held in a standing position, smooth light movements of the neck are performed without excessive efforts and pain. Gymnastics should be done for 12 minutes every day to achieve the desired result. A few simple exercises from Butrimov's method:
- stretching the neck and head forward, and then returning it to its original position, while the trunk and shoulders should remain stationary;
- alternate turn of the head to the left and to the right with each turn it is necessary to stretch the chin to the shoulder;
- smooth tilt of the head forward, trying to touch the chin with your chin, after tilting backwards with an attempt to reach the crown to the back;
- maximum slow and quiet turn of the head left and right;
- the following exercise - tilt the head forward and turn in this position in each direction;
- a soft and smooth turn of the head from right to left, maximally stretching the chin forward.
Such physical exercises are important to do daily and after 4-5 months many manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis will disappear. If something does not work, do not try to apply maximum efforts, gradually the muscles will become more elastic and supple.
These classes are primarily aimed at stretching the muscles and improving the supply of vertebrae in this area. After improving the state of health, work on yourself does not end.
Getting rid of osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky
According to this technique, it is recommended to perform exercises daily. After only two weeks, after improving the state of health, the number of classes is reduced. Than such treatment differs:
- work is spent by a method of a kinesitherapy( treatment by means of movements in which the person participates);
- in order to maximize the effect, special simulators are used, that is, classes take place only in the centers;
- before the start of treatment, doctors fully examine people and select a set of exercises in accordance with changes in the spine;
- primarily in these exercises train the muscles adjacent to the spine, thereby improving the nutrition of the affected vertebrae and the painful symptoms gradually weaken.
Therapeutic physical training is preventive in nature, if you start to engage before the appearance of violations. In the case when the disease is rapidly progressing or there are pronounced changes, do not immediately abandon the complex exercises. Trust the specialists who will choose a more gentle method, but at the same time significantly facilitates the course of the disease.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis?
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite common among all social groups and age categories. But in a greater degree, this pathology is affected by persons who are forced by their occupation to move little or stay in a fixed position for a long time-schoolchildren, office employees, programmers. Features of cervical osteochondrosis consist in the fact that along with the vertebrae, intervertebral discs and nerves the central nervous system suffers because of the violation of the blood supply to the brain. Through the neck pass vital communications - trachea, spinal cord, large vessels, among which the vertebral artery, supplying blood to the brain.
The effect of the exercises
The cervical section does not experience such a colossal mechanical load as a lumbar. But the neck is responsible for performing complex coordinated movements when turning, tilting, rotating the head, maintaining posture. With cervical osteochondrosis, these movements are difficult, and in some cases become impossible. That is why exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are an indispensable element of the ongoing complex treatment. After all, only injections, compresses and rubbing for the treatment of this disease is clearly not enough.You can also read:
Exercises for osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine affect all stages of the development of this pathology:
- Eliminate hypodynamia, which is one of the causes of cervical osteochondrosis
- Eliminate the congestive effects in the muscles and vessels of the neck
- Ease your well-beingpatient, eliminate pain in the head and neck, dizziness, general weakness and other negative manifestations of the disease
- As a preventive measurethey prevent the development of complications of cervical osteochondrosis
After the course of therapeutic gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the neck, the following therapeutic effects are noted:
- Relaxes pathologically strained muscles of the neck
- Strengthens the cervical muscular skeleton, reduces the burden on the cervical spine
- Improves local blood circulation
- Brain blood flow increases due to restoration of the lumen of the vertebralarteries
- Inflamed roots of cervical spinal nerves are released
- The emotional background is raised, metabolic processes are accelerated not only in the cervical region, but also in the entire body of the
. The cervical anatomy is functionally and functionally connected with the thoracic spine. And these two departments are affected by osteochondrosis in most cases simultaneously, combined. For this reason, physical exercises during cervical osteochondrosis facilitate the course of the osteochondrosis of the thoracic region, and vice versa.
Technique for performingExercises help relieve tension of neck muscles
Before performing exercises with cervical chest osteochondrosis, the patient takes any of the physiological positions - standing, sitting, lying on his back or stomach. The patient lying on his back experiences minimal stress on the cervical section, but in this position he will have difficulty in performing certain elements. On the contrary, in the standing position it is most convenient to carry out movements of the head, shoulder girdle and upper limbs. But this option is not suitable in the case when cervical osteochondrosis is manifested by vestibular disorders in the form of dizziness, disorientation in space.
Below is a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
- The patient sits and applies his palms to the forehead area. The head is motionless, the patient exerts pressure on her palm for several seconds. In the same way, pressure is applied to the applied palms to the back of the head and alternately to both ears. This exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical muscular framework.
- Then, during exhalation, throw your head back, and during inspiration - go ahead. The exercise is repeated tenfold. Then, turning his head with his chin, he takes out his right and left shoulder. In the following, the shoulders get the auricles at the maximum inclination of the head.
- After this, the patient lies on his back. The head falls on a low pillow with subsequent pressure on her head. Then the patient raises his head and holds it in such a fixed position for a few seconds. Accepts the initial posture, leads the knees to the stomach, wraps them in his hands. He tries to reach his knees with his forehead. After that, the leg unbends and straightens. Again bends the legs in the knees and spreads his hands, in this position tries to make turns of the torso on both sides 5 times.
- Then turns over on the stomach and lies exactly face down. In this position, the patient rotates the head in both directions so as to touch the floor with the auricle. Then he lifts his head, tipping it as far as possible. In this position, the head is held for a few seconds. Then the patient lowers his head and relaxes. Again he lifts his head together with the shoulder girdle, while his hands should be fixed at the seams. This exercise also needs to be done 5 times.
Video with therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
Therapeutic physical training in cervical osteochondrosis must be performed under the supervision of the appropriate specialist. He will give all the necessary instructions regarding the frequency and load of the exercises performed, will designate limitations and contraindications.
Doing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis, you need to adhere to some rules:
- All exercises are conducted in a well-lit and ventilated room with normal temperature.
- In acute period of cervical osteochondrosis, motor activity is contraindicated
- Movement should be smooth, no sharpness
- Circular movements are not shown in most cases
- During exercises, breathing should be smooth with optimal duration of inspiration and exhalation.
- . When the pain is painful, the gym should be stopped
In the presentation of many patients and some health workers, health gymnastics is associated with yoga. This is not entirely correct. After all, this complex and much confused Eastern doctrine is represented in our Hatha Yoga - a complex of physical exercises and healing techniques.
The methodology and rules of hatha yoga are in many respects similar to practicing health gymnastics. True, there are some peculiarities here. In this eastern technique there are too many complicated poses with figurative exotic names - a stork, a grasshopper, a tiger, a dragon. Before carrying out the exercises, the nasal passages must be cleaned with clean water - according to the teachings this helps to cleanse the body and increase the energy potential. The treatment of the condition with osteochondrosis of the neck is a consequence of spiritual and physical perfection.
Doing some physical methods of cervical osteochondrosis, it should be remembered that the improvement does not come the next day. This requires a longer period of time - weeks, months, and sometimes even years. Classes should be held regularly and strictly according to a given algorithm, there should be no objectively unjustified breaks. And in order for the effect to come as soon as possible, physical exercises should be carried out in conjunction with other methods of cervical osteochondrosis treatment - drug therapy, physiotherapy procedures, massage, acupuncture.
Curative gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine( photo and video)
Rules for the exercise
Before starting physical therapy, patients with osteochondrosis should know certain rules, observing which one can get the maximum effect in the therapy of the disease:
- in case of exacerbation of the disease, physical education is not carried out, as pain can increase, complications develop;
- when carrying out exercise therapy it is necessary to follow the posture, this will prevent trauma of the spine;
- LFK should not cause pain and discomfort. At the first manifestations of these symptoms, the exercise stops, and the patient should consult a doctor;
- exercise LFK perform smoothly, without sudden movements. Careless, abrupt movements can provoke an exacerbation of the disease, the onset of pain syndrome.
LFK at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department
Gymnastics at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department: morning hours
Exercise №1.Alternate pressing of the palms on the temples, forehead, crown, occipital part. Pressure to produce a few seconds. This, simple at first glance, exercise will normalize the blood supply and help with dizziness in the osteochondrosis of the spine.
Exercise # 2.With effort, let's lower our chin down to the sternum. We do it slowly and, as it were, with effort.
Exercise # 3.Slowly, with maximum amplitude, we perform head turns to the right and left.
Exercise # 4.Slowly, with the maximum amplitude, we perform head-to-left rotations from the position "the chin is lowered down".
Exercise # 5.We throw the head back as far as possible - we try to touch the ear with the ear.
This treatment complex should be done in the mornings, as it kneads the frozen muscles after sleeping, performing all the exercises slowly. What not worth doing is circular movements of the head, as they can injure the cervical vertebrae.
Therapeutic exercises in the daytime or evening
The following exercises require great effort and load, more space and place, and therefore spend them better in the daytime or in the evening, but not before the dream itself.
Exercise # 1.The starting position is lying on the floor, legs are stretched out. We put one hand on the stomach, the other on the chest. We take a small breath and simultaneously strain the muscles of the press. We hold the voltage for a few seconds, relax.
Exercise # 2.The starting position - lying on the back, limbs - legs and arms are stretched out. We bend our legs in the lap, pulling them to the chin, while lifting our head.
Exercise # 3.The same initial position, but we lift the shoulders and head.
LFK in osteochondrosis of the spine stimulates and normalizes blood circulation in the head and neck, eliminates headaches and dizziness, improves metabolism in the neck and head, improves access to nutrients and oxygen, slows down degenerative processes.
Like any other therapy, exercise therapy has contraindications. Classes do not begin with exacerbation of the disease, which is accompanied by fever and severe pain.
Contraindication to the onset of exercise therapy can be any acute condition - influenza or acute respiratory disease.
Additional advice in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis
If during the physical exercise standing there are difficulties - dizziness, noise in the ears, loss of landmark, gymnastics can be spent sitting on a chair, observing a slow pace. Vestibular disorders are corrected over time, and exercise therapy will be easier and without side effects.
Important point - exercise therapy should be performed, combining with proper breathing, regular massage and rubbing warming ointments. Experienced specialists recommend taking additional sedatives, vitamins, especially group B. These additional agents favorably affect the state of the autonomic nervous system and improve the blood supply of cartilages and tissues.
The best methods for preventing exacerbation and relapse of the disease are sleep on the orthopedic pillow, mattress, contrast shower, it is desirable to take daily, regular walks in the fresh air, swimming.
LFK in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, the correct organization of the workplace - a pledge to prevent serious consequences of the disease.
Exercises, exercise therapy and gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are an effective method of therapeutic and preventive treatment aimed at improving blood supply, removing the inflammatory process and the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is constantly needed for a person suffering from this disease. Active way of life will help strengthen the spinal muscles, which in turn will stop the development of impaired functioning of the spine and relieve the patient of the pain syndrome.
Indications and contraindications to the appointment of gymnastics with therapeutic purpose
The main indications for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are:
- pains having a vertebrogenic cause;
- any clinical manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis;
- is a high risk of developing intervertebral disc damage, which can lead to fusion of the vertebrae with each other.
- Special contraindications to exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis specialists believe:
- acute phase of the disease;
- early postoperative period after surgical interventions on the cervical spine;
- chronic neurological disease;characterized by a pronounced coordination disorder;
- diseases of the organs of the vestibular apparatus;
- acute disease or exacerbation of chronic disease;
- high blood pressure levels;
- heart rhythm disturbances( arrhythmia);
- expressed myopia, the development of glaucoma.
With the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis, exercise should be started no earlier than an hour and a half after eating. If during a medical gymnastics with a cervical osteochondrosis the patient suddenly feels a sharp pain, nausea or dizziness, you should stop the exercise and sit down to rest.
Positive effects from curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis give effect quite quickly. In some patients, changes in the positive side become noticeable immediately after the first few days of performing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis. The rate of appearance of a positive effect depends on the form and stage of the disease, and if the improvement in the cutoff is not noticeable, the training plan should be adjusted, but it is necessary to continue them and the result will necessarily appear.
But this happens only if the course of exercise therapy is correctly chosen for cervical osteochondrosis. With an incorrectly selected plan for physical training, a drastic deterioration in the condition may occur. In order to choose a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, you must always contact a competent specialist.
The gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis brings the following positive effects:
- The spinal muscles that support the spinal column are strengthened and become more plastic, this does not allow deforming the spinal column to develop.
- In the cervical spine improves blood flow and lymph flow, resulting in faster metabolism and faster recovery processes.
- Reduced activity of the inflammatory process.
- Restoration of the volume of movements in the spine.
- Decreased pressure on spinal nerve rootlets.
- Acquisition of correct posture.
- Weight reduction with regular exercise of physical therapy in cervical osteochondrosis causes a decrease in the load on the spine and large joints( if the patient has problems with excess weight).
To achieve a better effect, experts recommend the alternation of static and dynamic type of load and mandatory rest minutes between individual exercises. On the Internet in large numbers you can find video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis.
Recommendations for charging
Physiotherapy for cervical osteochondrosis does not require large cash injections, special gym equipment or trips to the gym, it is enough to have sportswear, a rug that will not slide on the floor, a chair with a high back or( which is preferable) a fitness ball .In order to make charging with cervical osteochondrosis bring a positive effect, it is necessary:
- . It's not easy to download video gymnastics from the Internet with cervical osteochondrosis, but it's necessary to consult a doctor before starting the exercises.
- The first lesson should last no longer than 20-25 minutes and each exercise throughout it has only one approach, afterwards the duration of the charge itself for osteochondrosis of the neck and the amount of approach can be gradually increased.
- The first few sessions must be carried out under the supervision of a specialist, until the patient learns how to do the gymnastics properly, and only then you can continue doing exercises at home.
- It is necessary not to forget that in the acute process, it is absolutely impossible to do gymnastics.
- All movements performed with cervical osteochondrosis of the gym should be very slow, accurate, smooth.
- You can not move your head in a circle or throw your head sharply in the direction of your back.
- Exercise exercises for traction or use pulling devices can only be under the supervision of a doctor, independent extension of the cervical spine can lead to serious injury, even gymnastics video for cervical osteochondrosis can not give an idea of how to properly draw.
- Any of the exercises should not cause even the slightest pain.
Complex for cervical-thoracic version of osteochondrosis
The complex of exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis includes static and dynamic exercises that are designed specifically for those suffering from this disease. If you can not figure out how to do the movements yourself, you can watch the LFK video for cervical osteochondrosis. It is not necessary to perform the whole complex in the first lesson, you can do just a couple of exercises, but the main thing is not to forget about the alternation of static load and dynamic movements for the spine.
Performing these exercises requires special slowness and smoothness, the amplitude should be minimal, and the load on the muscles opposite the maximum. At the first lessons, the appearance of weak painful sensations( at the same time it is necessary to stop the exercise).Later, you may need to increase the load, for which you can use dumbbells of different weights.
- The starting position( PI) is standing, hands are divorced to the sides, palms facing forward. Breathe in, bend and pull back your hands, try to get the blades together. While it is possible to linger in the accepted position, relax during an exhalation( 5-6 repetitions in one call).
- IP - sit on the floor, back straight. On a slow inspiration, turn your head to the side until you feel tension in your muscles, then turn back in exhalation. Then do the same in the other direction( 1-2 repetitions).
- IP - as in the previous exercise, perform a slow inclination of the head to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten and make the slopes back and forth.
- IP - lie on the stomach, palms on the back of the head. On inhalation, try to lift the chest with muscle, tilt the head and try to touch the chest with your chin. Try to raise your head, under the pressure exerted by your hands.(3-4 repetitions).
The figure shows additional exercises for pain in the upper back.
Dynamic gymnastics with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is performed at a fast pace, with alternating movements with periods of relaxation. The indicators of the correct speed can be considered the rapidity of respiratory movements and heartbeats. Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can be found on the Internet, viewing it will help to make the gymnastics correct and get rid of the basic mistakes of the complex, which are encountered practically by all involved.
- IP - standing, perform rotation with your hands 5-12 times forward and as much back. The amplitude of the movements is maximal.
- IP - as in the previous exercise, quickly raise the shoulders, first in turn, then both at once( repeat 5-12 times).
- IP - sitting, arm stretched out to the side, try to look at the palm without making a turn in the waist( turning only with his head).Return to the IP and execute in the other direction( repeat 5 to 12 times).
- IP- lie on your stomach, inhaling to lift the chest as high as possible from the floor, hands to pull up, exhaling to lie down on the floor( repeat 5-12 times).
In addition to the basic exercises, you can use yoga in cervical osteochondrosis, it will help relax and strengthen the muscles, as well as stretching the cervical spine.
For those whose work is associated with a long stay in one posture( mostly sitting), a good prevention of the development of disturbances in the functioning of the spinal column will be charging for cervical osteochondrosis. It must be done for several minutes every hour and a half of sitting work. Such charging includes turns and inclinations of the head, lifting and lowering of the shoulders, circular movements of the head and shoulders.
You can also read our article about the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies and medications, along with exercises, this can be a great effect.
Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:Read more © The joints and ligaments 2015 when copying an active link to the source is required. For communication and accommodation: [email protected] Before using the information, consult a doctor!
Effective treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with gymnastic methods
Today cervical osteochondrosis is considered not a rare disease, and it occurs not only in middle-aged patients, but also in relatively young people, which is most often caused by lack of mobility or hypodynamia.loading. ..
Similar pathological condition of cervical vertebral tissues is found mainly among accountants and programmers, writers and office employees, as well as in people whose profession assumes a long sitting in a static position.
An incorrect load or lack of coherence in muscle activity causes dystrophic disorders in the tissues. All this arises with a long work in an uncomfortable static position, with a long sitting, leaning on one arm, etc. But the neck is a transitional area from the spinal cord to the head and through it passes a lot of arteries and nerves that feed the brain.
Dystrophic disorders lead to compression of these supply lines, which causes functional disorders of the cervical vertebrae - headache difficulties( turns or inclinations) accompanied by soreness and muscle spasms. The processes of cerebral nutrition are also violated, which is manifested by frequent dizziness, fainting, and frequent migraine.
The role of therapeutic gymnastics in cervical osteochondrosis
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the neck requires complex actions and necessarily includes gymnastics. Therapeutic and gymnastic technique provides a lot of positive effects:
- Promotes strengthening of muscle fibers;
- Increases vertebral resistance to adverse effects from the outside;
- Reduces muscle tone, which is extremely important during osteochondrosis exacerbations;
- Strengthens the ligamentous-articular system;
- Increases joint-vertebral mobility;
- Restores the material balance in the affected tissues.
Rules for the implementation of
The benefits and persistent results of the gymnastic procedures are provided by the implementation of a certain list of rules, the observance of which prevents various kinds of damage to the nerve endings, the joint-ligament apparatus and excludes the development of osteochondrosis complications.
So, the rules:
- Each gymnastic element must be preliminarily agreed with a physician and then allowed to perform it;
- Any element should bring a sense of relief, if the movements increase the pain syndrome, then they can not be done;
- Exercises should be performed correctly, so it's better to conduct the first training with a specialist or, in extreme cases, to engage in video accompaniment;
- Overloads are not allowed;
- In case of osteochondrosis, only those elements that exclude active movements are allowed;
- If circumstances so require, training should be carried out in a special collar.
Following this uncomplicated list of rules ensures maximum effectiveness and lasting results of gymnastic therapy.loading. ..
Complexes for treatment at home
Specialists have developed several effective therapeutic and gymnastic complexes that take into account the stage of development of osteochondrosis lesions. These groups of gymnastic elements differ in their intensity of execution and load in accordance with the severity of osteochondrosis lesion.In general, gymnastic therapy is carried out in a sparing, training and treatment-training regime.
Gentle mode of
The movements performed in a group of elements of this mode are aimed at vertebral mobilization and extension of the spine, elimination of spasms of the muscle fibers.
The therapeutic principle is based in this case on performing the elements in the supine position, when the cervical vertebrae are unloaded. For greater unloading, it is necessary to place a small pillow under the head( preferably orthopedic) so that the neck is located under a 15-20-degree slope.
When the symptoms of exacerbation begin to fade, they begin to perform an isometric complex of elements, gradually increasing the level of the load. If the cervical vertebral column is unstable, then it is fixed with a special collar. The isometric complex is aimed at tension of the neck muscles with the purpose of their training.
At the acute stage of cervical osteochondrosis, it is recommended that the following elements be performed for 5 minutes:
- Lie comfortably on the back, bending legs, and arms stretching along the body. Completely relax and breathe freely;
- An AI is similar to the previous one. Slowly move the feet, lifting and lowering them;
- The same thing. Hands palms up. Firmly squeeze the brush and at the same time deeply inhale through the nose. Then unclench the brush and slowly exhale.
When the pain symptoms subsided, the begins to perform more active therapeutic and gymnastic exercises:
- Lie on your back. Pressing his chin against his chest. Repeat such clamps about five times;
- Having placed on the back put a small cushion under the knees. Cross your arms over your chest. Perform a change of hands: the left on top of the right, then, vice versa;
- To draw in the belly, at the same time take a deep breath and stay in this position for 5 seconds, then slowly exhale and relax the muscles;
- Standing on all fours to raise and lower your head. The rhythm is slow and smooth.
Gradually, when the vertebrae begin to get used to training, the duration of therapeutic and gymnastic sessions is increased, supplemented by more active elements.
Training in this mode increases the efficiency and endurance of the cervical muscular corset and relieves motor disability in the vertebral segments affected by the lesions.
Apply therapeutic and training exercises after complete elimination of acute symptoms in order to improve muscle tone and tone.
An important point in this training is the inadmissibility of performing elements with the lifting of the straight legs or trunk from a lying position, as this can lead to an osteochondrosis exacerbation. In addition, coaches on exercise therapy recommend excluding from the training slopes forward, because they also heavily loaded the spine.
In the treatment and recovery period it is strongly recommended to perform elements aimed at strengthening and increasing the stability of the neck muscles:
- Pulling the chin forward;
- Lift your head, as if staring at the sky, then lower your head, looking at the floor;
- Turning the head to the sides;
- Tilt your head to the sides, while resisting your palm;
- Head tilting.
Physiotherapy practice shows that the greatest effectiveness of such training is achieved when combined with isometric elements.
The training mode is aimed at stabilizing the vertebrae, it is used as a preventive measure or as a therapeutic technique in the stage of osteochondrosis remission. It is possible to perform such elements:
- Lie on a thin pillow and push the head as hard as possible;
- From a lying position on the abdomen with hands placed on the back of the neck, perform head lifts, while resisting hands;
- From the lying position on the side perform lifting of the head with keeping it on the weight for 8 seconds.
Complex of therapeutic gymnastics in pictures with cervical osteochondrosis
Similar training helps to avoid osteochondrosis disorders in the vertebrae and significantly strengthen the cervico-muscular corset.
Technique of Bubnovsky
Simple gymnastic elements, developed by Dr. Bubnovsky, proved their highest therapeutic effectiveness in anti-osteochondrosis treatment.
Such a therapeutic and gymnastic complex is suitable for all patients, regardless of their physical fitness.According to observations, the gymnastics of Bubnovsky facilitates the condition after a week of regular execution, although daily therapeutic exercises are necessary for achieving significant therapeutic progress for three months.
Doctor Bubnovsky recommends fighting the disease by performing such elements:
- Move head back-forward;
- Lift shoulders to the maximum possible limit;
- Make head rotations with manual resistance;
- Tilting the head to the stop with the chin in the chest;
- Circular motion of the head;
- Turns the head to the maximum possible limit.
This is a basic set of elements recommended by Bubnovsky to perform for cervical osteochondrosis lesions. There are other exercises for which you may need a simulator, so they should be performed in the clinic of a polyclinic or dispensary.
Regular performance of the medical and gymnastic complex helps to acquire an even posture, due to improved blood circulation, to increase the activity of the brain, stop further osteochondrosis progression and improve the condition of the vertebrae and adjacent tissues.
Video complex of therapeutic gymnastics with cervical-chest osteochondrosis:загрузка. .. Like this article? Share with your friends on social networks: Facebook
Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis has specific goals: to improve the mobility of the vertebrae, restore the plasticity of the muscular corset, and remove pain symptoms in the spine. In acute pathological condition, it is recommended to wear a fixative bandage for several days to ensure peace of the muscles and vertebrae.
Gymnastics improves mobility of the vertebrae, restores the plasticity of the muscular corset, relieves painful symptoms in the spine area
Daily exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis( LFK) for a long time is a reliable prevention of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Basic principles of therapy
Therapeutic gymnastics for the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine has its basic principles, guided by them and necessarily taking them into account, really get rid of the problems of the spine and eliminate the symptoms of pathology. Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis can be successfully performed at home, and in order to clearly represent all the movements of the exercise therapy, you can watch a thematic video. All exercises when charging should be smooth, regular, and most importantly - when moving in the cervical spine there should be no pain.
Things to remember when physical therapy starts:
- To conduct individual or group sessions is best in specialized medical institutions, staffed by vertebrologists. It is with such exercises that it is recommended to begin treatment of osteochondrosis and familiarity with the basic sets of exercises for the neck and back. It is possible to start charging and therapeutic training during the period of abatement of acute manifestations in osteochondrosis, but the best therapeutic exercises help during the period of remission.
- Despite the fact that the neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis includes several basic exercises, the entire neck and back gymnastics complex( LFK) is selected individually for each patient, this provides more effective treatment. One is more suitable for loads with a large amplitude of motion, the other - isometric exercises.
- Medical gymnastics( gymnastics) begins with a minimal load. At home, you can learn LFK with video, carefully copying the movements shown on the screen. It is important to remember that exercise therapy is not an excuse to show heroism and show the maximum result immediately.
- The diagnosis of "cervical osteochondrosis" is not a verdict, but the performed movements should only benefit. If exercise therapy( gymnastics) has not yielded positive results even after a few months, it is necessary to revise the procedure for therapeutic gymnastic exercises.
- Gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis should not be accompanied by increased pain, only a slight "inconvenience" in the cervical region is allowed. The pain signals dangerous changes in the body, so the treatment complex requires an immediate revision by a specialist.
- Before starting the exercise gymnastics or before watching and repeating movements on video at home, you can( but not necessarily) warm up that part of the body( shower, warm towel on the neck area), with which you will work.
As the exercise complex is performed, sometimes combined for the neck, back( thoracic and lumbar), it is necessary to increase the load, increase the amplitude of movements.
Exercises can be successfully performed at home or in the
group. The main complex of
. Exercises for cervical and cervical-thoracic spine osteochondrosis are performed to improve blood circulation, strengthen the muscles of the back and neck and increase their mobility.
As the basic( basic) medical complex for the elimination of problems in the cervical spine, the following movements are presented:
- standing or sitting on a chair, hands along the body. Turn the head to the extreme left position, then - to the right( repeat - 5-10 times).The goal of the movement is to reach the point where the nose and chin are located above the shoulder.
- also. Head down and press the chin to his chest( repeat - 5-10 times).Movement improves the flexibility of the cervical spine, stretches and eliminates the stiffness of large muscles in the back of the neck.
- also. Head back with a simultaneous retraction of the chin( repeat - 5-10 times).The movement is well suited to people who are engaged in written work with a characteristic position: the head and neck are extended forward.
- sitting. Put your palm on the forehead. Tilt the head with a simultaneous counter-arm for about 10 seconds, rest. Repeat exercise - 10 times. The purpose of the movement is to strengthen the weakened muscles in the anterior part of the neck, to ensure the correct position of the head and to develop the mobility of the cervical vertebrae.
- sitting. Palm in the field of the temple. Tilt the head to the side with simultaneous pressing on it with the palm( counteraction).Movement will well strengthen the lateral muscles of the neck, reduce pain.
- standing or sitting, hands along the trunk. Shoulders raise as far as possible, keep them in this position 10 sec. Relax and take a deep breath( repeat - 5-10 times).
- sitting or lying on the floor. Massively, or with someone's help, the area between the occiput bone and its soft part( muscles).To act cautiously, but strongly enough for 3-5 minutes. Massage well relieves pain in the neck and headaches.
Due to the fact that the exercises are performed regularly, the nutrition of the intervertebral discs of the cervical and thoracic parts improves, the blood circulation in the muscles of the neck increases and the brain receives more oxygen. In addition, the spine becomes mobile, and the muscles of the back - elastic.
Before the beginning of the exercise course, consult a doctor or take a look at this topic video
Indications and contraindications
Despite the fact that exercises performed with neck and back problems are sometimes more effective than any medication, it is important to remember: physical education is not always shown and not all. That is why before the beginning of the course of exercise therapy you need to know in detail all about therapeutic gymnastics from a doctor or look at this topic video.
The main indications for the application of curative gymnastics of the cervical and cervicothoracic parts are:
- Scoliosis and osteochondrosis of the cervical department at any stage.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system and respiratory system.
- Operations on the chest and diseases of the digestive system.
Therapeutic exercises( gymnastics) are undesirable in the following cases:
- Diseases occurring in an acute form.
- Viral infection, transferred less than a month ago.
- Myocardial infarction( it is impossible to study for a year).
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases, tendency to bleeding, malignant neoplasms.
- Tachycardia( more than 100 beats per minute).
- Violation of the conduction of the heart muscle and heart rhythm.
- Hypertension( more than 160/100), severe form of diabetes mellitus.
Charge in cervical osteochondrosis should become a habit, training - become daily. And it is important to be patient, do not wait for a miraculous healing within a week or two. Rhythmic music and clear motions on a thematic video will help overcome the disease faster.