Medical gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the most common localization of this pathology. The reason for this is the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the cervical spine: great mobility, small size of the vertebrae, poor development of the muscular framework of the neck, constant dynamic and static load. Therefore, people with risk factors for the development of osteochondrosis of this localization are extremely necessary for prevention, and those who have already become the "happy owner" of the disease, exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis will help get rid of painful symptoms and reduce the number of exacerbations of pathology.
Why do I need to charge?
As we know, with osteochondrosis of any part of the spine, not just the cervical spine, intervertebral discs are destroyed, this leads to instability of the spinal column. Our body tries to stabilize the spine in all its available ways - osteophytes of the cervical vertebrae are formed and spine ligamentous ligamentous( spondylosis), joints of the facet joints( spondyloarthrosis), and neck muscles are strained to somehow provide the spine with stability.
If you regularly train the neck muscles - they will become an excellent supporting framework for the cervical vertebrae
Although these processes were conceived by nature as an adaptation to damage, but over time they lose the adaptive nature and further aggravate the course of osteochondrosis - painful muscular spasm, spinal curvature, compression of the nervesrootlets and compression of vertebral vessels. This leads to severe and persistent pain in the neck, shoulder girdle, upper limbs, back of the head and other painful and dangerous symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis.
But there is a method of prevention and treatment of the changes described above and their consequences - this is therapeutic gymnastics. The complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, if performed correctly and regularly, helps strengthen muscle fibers, develop a good muscular framework for the cervical region, which will serve as an excellent stabilizer for degenerative processes in cartilaginous discs.
LFK will make the muscles elastic, which is the prevention of their painful spasm from fatigue, and also activates the process of local circulation and adjusts metabolism in the cartilaginous tissue. All this contributes to the prevention of osteochondrosis or slowing down, and sometimes stopping, degeneration and degeneration of the intervertebral disc.
To make physical exercises useful and do not harm you, it is necessary to remember a few simple rules of medical gymnastics:
- exercises should not cause you pain or other unpleasant feelings; if this happens, you must immediately stop gymnastics or reduce the amplitude of movements;
- gymnastics against osteochondrosis of the neck should be performed outside of exacerbations of the disease, doing exercises with severe pain syndrome is strictly prohibited;
- all movements of the gymnastic complex should be smooth and slow( there should not be any sharp and abrupt ones);
- curative exercises for the neck should be performed regularly - there must be morning exercises, and gymnastics can be performed at any time of the day, even at the office and preferably several times a day;
- before starting exercises, you can not use pain medication - you can not notice the pain and only hurt yourself;
- any complex of exercise therapy should begin with a warm-up for warming up the muscles and preventing their trauma;
- if you have a diagnosed pathology of the cervical spine, then before the beginning of medical gymnastics consult your physician.
A set of simple neck exercises that can be performed even in the office at your workplace
Complex of exercises for the neck
The following complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department can be performed independently only in the first two stages of the disease or for prevention. If you have osteochondrosis of stages 3 and 4 or if there are complications, for example, an intervertebral hernia, a syndrome of the vertebral artery, then only a specialist should prescribe therapeutic exercises, since a large number of exercises can worsen your state of health.
Any physical training begins with a warm-up, the exception is not and exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis. At this stage, you need to warm up the muscles to prevent their trauma when doing the basic set of exercises.
- as a warm-up, normal walking around the room alternately on the toes, full foot and heels for 2-3 minutes;
- stand upright, lower your arms along the trunk, gradually strain your arms, while lowering your shoulders and shoulder blades, then relax your arms so that they hang freely, make 5-6 approaches, this will relax the neck muscles and make them more elastic;
- twisting of the cervical spine - stand straight, straighten the head, slowly turn your head sideways, while bending it( twisting), then slowly do everything in the opposite direction and return to the starting position, repeat the movement in the opposite direction, just do it 10 times;
- perform hand sweeps, circular rotation in the shoulder joint, bringing and retracting the blades, enough for 10 times each exercise.
Video with useful exercises:
The main stage of the
After the warm-up, you can start the main activities. An approximate set of exercises can include the following movements:
- sitting on a chair or standing on the floor, perform slow head turns to the sides, repeat 10 times in each direction;
- home position previous, we do head inclinations forward and back, movements should be smooth, we repeat on 10 times;
- circular head rotation, describe the circle head in each side 10 times;
- slopes with opposition - while sitting or standing, we perform head tilting to the sides, but at the same time we counteract the hand( when tilting left - left hand, right - right, forward - one or two hands, back - two), this exercise strengthens not only the musclesneck, but also hands, repeat 10 times in each direction;
- take the starting position, pull out straight hands and maximally raise the shoulders, hold this position for 6-8 seconds, then smoothly lower your hands and repeat the exercise again;
- fold your hands in the lock, hold them to the chin, press down with your chin, while creating resistance with your hands for 10 seconds, repeat 10 times;
- put your head on your chest and in this position, make turns in your neck to the right and left, repeat 15 times, do the same exercise, throwing your head back and pulling your chin;
- lay down on the floor on your back, align your body, slowly tear your head off the floor and look at your socks for 5-7 seconds, smoothly take the original position and repeat the exercise up to 10 times.
Exercises with resistance perfectly train the muscles of the neck
Important! !!If at any stage of the proposed movements you feel pain, then do not try to do everything "through tears" - it will rather hurt than benefit. If this happens, then reduce the amplitude of the exercises or stop the exercise therapy at all.
Carrying out the proposed set of exercises, you can prevent destructive changes in the cervical spine and get rid of the pain and the need to swallow the painkillers with the packs, but all this on the same condition - regularly and long-term exercise gymnastics.
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
The fight against osteochondrosis should be active and complex. For the prevention and treatment of this ailment are most effective:
- Massage or self-massage;
Changes in vertebrae lead to neuralgic symptoms - radicular pains of different localization. There may be dizziness, pain in the hands and heart area, intercostal pain. If you do not carry out prevention, these symptoms increase. Let's consider one of effective measures of struggle - exercise therapy at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department.
Recommendations for the exercise of exercise therapy
The methods that you are offered will not require a special gym and equipment.
- This requires a mat and a well ventilated room.
- Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out in comfortable clothing.
- Since breathing is difficult during exercise, they should alternate with respiratory gymnastics.
- Increase the load gradually. If any changes in the heart occur during the exercise, the activity should be stopped and consulted by the doctor.
- If pain occurs, exercise therapy should be replaced by relaxation and stretching exercises.
- Monitor the pulse.
- For acute pain, exercises with weights and abduction are temporarily excluded until the disappearance of painful sensations.
- Choose the program of the exercises and the complex of exercises after consulting with the doctor.
Effects of LFKLFK - an integral part of the treatment of osteochondrosis
In cervical osteochondrosis, exercise therapy can produce the following effects:
- Improves blood circulation;
- Strengthens the muscular corset;
- Low mobility of the vertebrae is eliminated;
- The volume of movements increases;
- Nerve repair occurs, pains decrease.
Contraindications to the exercise of exercise therapy
It is not always possible to carry out complexes of exercise therapy. Consider contraindications:
- Diseases in the acute form or exacerbation of chronic.
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Neoplasms( malignant and benign tumors).Heart and aortic aneurysms.
- Threat of bleeding. Tachycardia and arrhythmia.
- Arterial hypertension.
- Myopia with significant changes in the fundus.
- Diabetes mellitus( severe form).
Dynamic exercises of exercise are based on external work, which is accompanied by periods of contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Initial position( IP): standing.
Raise your hands on inspiration up, stretch and look at them. On exhalation, return to the i.p.
During inspiration, take the right hand to the side while turning the body and look at it. Return to the i.p.on the exhale
Do the same with the left hand. Repeat the exercise five times.
- as in Exercise # 1.Slowly turn your head around, then up and down.
Repeat the exercises in each direction five times.
In the same IP.at the inhalation, pull the elbows back and remove the scapula. On exhalation, direct the elbows forward. Repeat five times.
Standing with arms outstretched, legs apart.
Rotate your hands with your hands. With each movement, increase the amplitude. Repeat five times.
I.p.- as in exercise number 1.
Make an inspiring spring to the right, while turning your head to the left. On exhalation, raise your right hand over your head. Return to the i.p.on inhalation. Repeat five times in each direction.
On inhalation, stand on your toes, lifting your arms up and bending over, look at your hands. Hand your hands aside, put them on your knees and make springy squats. On exhalation, try to touch your knees with your head. Repeat five times.
- standing, move your arms to the left in parallel and look at the brush.
Put aside the right leg, move the left leg back and cross with the right foot. Describe the circle with your hands. In doing so, look at the hands. Thighs must be immovable.
- Lie on your stomach.
On inhalation, bend and then raise your hands and as high as possible. Look at the hands. Return to the i.p.on exhalation.
Repeat five times.
Left leg left aside look left and jump on the right foot. On each leg, make up to 10 jumps.
After the exercise, go for walking, decreasing gradually the tempo.
- Stand and stretch your hands in front of you.
Take your hands to the sides and bring them together.
Repeat five times.
The peculiarity of static exercises is that for their execution the maximum effort of muscles is required, which act on a stationary object or maintain an uncomfortable position of the body.
This complex of exercise therapy can be used for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. They increase flexibility and increase metabolic processes in the spine, contribute to the recovery of nerves.
- Exercises without weighting - with an effort to strain the muscles, the movements are very slow.
- Exercises with weights - maximally strain the muscles, the amplitude of movements is minimal.
- As a load, use your own weight, make movements slowly, with an effort tensing your muscles and holding as long as possible the pose.
- The technique involves a combination with meditation( focusing on a specific department of the spine).
In the process of these exercises, pain can arise, which gradually disappears, due to the stretching of the nerve trunks and individual muscles.In the process of performing the exercises, small pain sensations can arise
Complex of exercises
This complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical department supplements dynamic exercises.
Tighten the muscles and with maximum effort turn the head to the right, look at the slow inspiration behind the back down. Take ip, relax the muscles in exhalation. Do the same in the other direction.
Tighten your muscles and tilt your head to the left with inspiration, while striving to touch the left shoulder with the ear. Do the same in the other direction.
Tilt your head backward with inspiration and hold the position. Relax your muscles.
Tilt your head forward with inspiration and touch the chest with your chin. I.p.
In each position, stay at least 5 seconds. Repeat each movement twice.
- Standing, put your feet apart, spread your hands palms up and to the sides and bend at the elbows.
Tighten your muscles. On inspiration, forcefully remove the scapula. I.p. Repeat five times.
- Lift your hands up and spread the sides. Stand on your toes, bend over and look at your hands. Then bend your knees a little. Take your hands apart and put on your knees. Touch the chin of your chest as you exhale.
Repeat five times.
Close your palms and attach them to your right cheek. Do not change the position of the head on inspiration, strain the muscles on your closed palms. Accept i.p.on exhalation, relaxing the muscles. Repeat the movements to the other side.
Inhaling, straining muscles, press your fists with your forehead, as if you are overcoming an obstacle. On exhalation, take i.p.
Exercise slowly, maximally relaxing the muscles between phases. Maintain muscle tension for 5 seconds.
Circle your hands with closed fingers and neck and head. Overcome the resistance of the hands, straining the muscles, and try to pull your hands up your head on inhaling. On exhalation, take i.p.
Repeat the exercise five times.
Make self-massage of head and neck. First, perform light strokes, rubbing, ending with light strokes. This will relieve tension and prepare you for the next exercise.
- on the stomach.
Tilt your head and touch the chin of your chest, with your hands, push the nape of the neck, overcoming the tension of the neck. Carry out 10 seconds.
Tilt the head as far back as possible, press down on the back of the head, overcoming the neck tension. Carry out 10 seconds.
Repeat each 3 times.
Close your fingers and place your forehead on them. Relax your muscles for 10 seconds.
- On the side, place the palm on your stomach.
On a slow inspiration, protrude the stomach, on a slow exhalation - retract. Repeat five times.
- on the stomach.
Lean on the floor with your elbow on the floor, place your chin in the palm of your hand. Put the left on the back of the head. Head to the left with effort, helping hands. Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
Repeat the exercises with the other hand. Perform each exercise five times.
- on your stomach, put your forehead on the rug.
Turn your head to the left, touch the ear of the floor, raise your head for 20 seconds above the floor. Return to the i.p.
All movements do five times.
After gymnastics for the cervical spine, perform a relaxing self-massage of the neck, making a bias on stroking, rubbing and deep kneading.
Charge for osteochondrosis of the neck
Most people who have a sedentary lifestyle do not know firsthand what osteochondrosis is. The lower back and cervical spine are especially prone to disease. Treatment and prevention of these types of osteochondrosis becomes the most urgent medical problem. An effective method of fighting treatment is charging with osteochondrosis of the neck.
Osteochondrosis of the neck is typical for those people who spend a long time in one position sitting at the desk or a computer monitor. Such a sedentary lifestyle becomes the main cause of pain in the neck. However, they can be avoided by doing daily exercises.
Lifestyle with osteochondrosis
It is possible to cope with the pain syndrome in the neck by yourself, only for this it is necessary to make some efforts. If you are a victim of a disease such as osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, you will have to adjust the habitual way of life in a certain way. So, if earlier you did not like to exercise, did not visit the pool, did not engage in any kind of sport, now you will have to fundamentally reconsider your attitude to sport, because the sport will depend on the state of your health.
You need to reconsider your daily routine and find in your busy schedule time for exercising, you can walk, run, swim, ride a bike. It does not matter what kind of sport you will be doing, the main thing is that you will move. From now on your life principle is movement and once again movement.
Charge for cervical osteochondrosis is very important. Physical exercises help to activate circulatory processes, improve the nutrition of the spinal cord. Maintaining the spinal cord is vital, since all the organs of the human body, hands and feet depend on the work of the nerves passing through the neck. Daily exercise will be an excellent assistant in the struggle for getting rid of pain and preventing further development of osteochondrosis.
The morning of your day of work should always begin with a set of morning exercise exercises. Morning exercise with cervical osteochondrosis will be of invaluable benefit to your whole body throughout the whole working day. Some exercises can be performed directly, without getting out of bed. Such a complex of exercises consists of:
- Lie on your side and lift your head, holding it in the balance. The duration of such an exercise is five times for 5 accounts;
- Take the original position of the lie on your stomach, with your hands on the back of your head. From this position, it is necessary to raise the head, and the hands must exert resistance, i.e.you must perform the exercise with effort. And so 5 times;
- The starting position, lying on the back. It is important that the pillow is thin. It is necessary to press the pillow with a little effort for five seconds. It is enough 5 repetitions.
Remember that all exercises for the neck during osteochondrosis should be carried out with extreme caution, because sudden or incorrect movements can only exacerbate the situation. The complex of therapeutic exercises should be selected only by a doctor. Only an experienced specialist can choose the necessary set of exercises that will positively affect the health of your blood vessels and nerves.
Rules of charging for neck osteochondrosis
To charge for cervical osteochondrosis has become a really useful procedure that allows you to take pain, you must follow certain rules. First, you must remember that you must try to do exercises for the neck you need at any free minute. This is especially true for those people who work in offices. Exercises take no more than 5-10 minutes, and they can be performed without having to leave the workplace.
The morning and evening exercises for the neck should be held standing. If you start to feel unpleasant sensations in the back of the neck and neck, do not be lazy, make a couple of head turns and tilt down and up. This can prevent the spread of pain. Great, if you get to do both neck and self-massage at the same time. In addition, you can combine such exercises with a warm-up of the shoulders.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis can be the cause of headaches, dizziness, pain in the chest, poor vision( blurred image).Considering the fact that this is a very common and serious disease that entails many complications, it is important to start timely complex treatment and apply preventive measures.
- Massage and self-massage;
- Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis.
Gymnastics is one of the main components of prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Exercises in the proposed complex are aimed at relaxing, increasing the functionality and tone of the neck muscles. Exercises are performed in order.
Starting the complex of exercises, remember:
Your task is to bring the muscle tone and make them elastic. Doing the complex, do everything rhythmically, slowly. Rapid and abrupt executions will only worsen the condition and injure strenuous muscles.
- The neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis are performed on a flat surface.
- You will need a chair, a rug, cushions under your knees, hands and a small pillow( or a towel rolled up by a roller) under your neck.
- Repeat each exercise three times before proceeding to the next one.
- If you feel discomfort when doing it, then reduce the load.
Complex of exercises
- Lie on the floor, put under your knees, hands and neck cushions. Relax, turning your neck slowly sideways. Slowly, raise your hands and drop them. Raise your head, look to the left and drop it, also make it to the left. Without straining, take a deep breath and exhale.
- Sit on a chair and shrug your shoulders.
- Lie on your back. Turn the head to the left, then to the right. Also, do the sitting exercise.
- Sitting on a chair, put your hands on your neck behind your head, close your fingers. Tilt your elbows back as far as possible, then lower your arms and relax.
- Sitting on a chair, bend your arms in the elbows and put the brush on your forearms. Cross your elbows, at the same time, move the right hand to the left, and the left hand to the right. There should be tension in the muscles of the back. Put your hands down and relax.
- Sitting on your lap, put your hands and hands on the floor. Start sliding on the arms forward, while straightening the back gradually. Keep your head straight.
- Lying on the stomach. Place a pillow under your hips. Try to keep the shoulder blades, then relax. If you complicate the exercise and shrug your shoulders, the effect will be better.
- Lie on your back, knees bend, hands stretch along the hips. Slowly lift your shoulders and head, lower them and relax.
- Like exercise 8, but turn your head then to the left, then to the right.
- Lie down on your pillow. The feet must be fixed. Pull your hands along your hips and lift your back to the horizontal line. Try not to bend back.
If therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are performed in good faith and regularly, it will help improve the condition of the spine and muscles. If you do not do regular exercises, you can only do harm.
In the case of osteochondrosis of the cervical department, a complex designed for self-correction has been developed. Exercises are performed slowly and smoothly with great care. Repeat each exercise you need five times. After each stage, you need to relax and breathe deeply.
This complex of exercise therapy promotes increase of mobility and flexibility of the spine, corrects the spine, trains muscles, stimulates blood circulation and metabolism.
Video with therapeutic gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis:
Exercises for self-correction of the cervical part
Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis have a beneficial effect on the entire spine.
1. Put four fingers of one hand on the seventh cervical vertebra( the most protruding vertebra of the neck), covering them with the fingers of the left hand. With two hands, press on the protruding part of the neck. Simultaneously, by moving the head back, move the overlying department, without lifting your head up.You can also read: Physiotherapy for diseases of the spine
The chin, when properly executed, must move parallel to the floor. Hold yourself 10 seconds. Then, in the initial position, relax for 5 seconds. Pose while doing exercises, hold on inhalation. In repetition, the amplitude should be increased.
2. When performing the exercise, the muscles of the back and neck should be as relaxed as possible. Inhale. On exhalation, tilt your head in a painful direction. Hold the pose for 15 seconds, trying to relax the muscles of the neck. If you repeat, increase the angle. After exercise, do self-massage, stroking the painful side.
3. Fix the palm of one hand with the side surface of the healthy side of the neck, with the palm of the other press on the painful lateral surface of the head. In this case, try to tilt your head in a healthy direction for 10 seconds. When the exercise is repeated, gradually increase the pressure.
These exercises are part of the complex of gymnastics for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
It should be noted that exercise therapy for diseases of the spine is carried out only after consulting a doctor. Not every state shows exercises and massage.
In the presence of acute pain, inflammation, a tendency to increase blood pressure, life-threatening diseases( aneurysms, heart defects, etc.) and oncological diseases, these exercises are contraindicated!
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis have not brought anybody harm, but on the contrary, they helped to cope with the disease. How to properly execute the procedures, what to watch out for and other related information will be discussed below.
The formation of osteochondrosis in the cervical region is becoming an increasingly common problem, with the age limit for this insidious disease falling from year to year, so that everyone's task is to be vigilant and give due attention to prevention. If the disease has already manifested itself, then it is necessary to send a whole set of methods against it, some of which the patient must conduct at home.
Here the patient comes to the aid of a variety of therapeutic gymnastic complexes for the neck, as well as compact devices for conducting physiotherapy.
You can immediately note the unique tool for the treatment of diseases of the spine, which has high efficiency and has many positive reviews.
This is an orthopedic plaster "ZB PAIN RELIEF".Large-scale clinical trials were conducted at the Stockholm Medical University( Sweden) in 2013.A total of more than 1000 men and women with various diseases of the spine and joints participated in them, and they used orthopedic plasters "ZB PAIN RELIEF" for 2 weeks. The results of the research surprised even the doctors!
Pain, both acute and aching, passed in most subjects within 1-3 days after the beginning of the use of patches. More than 70% of those participating in the studies have developed significant shifts in the treatment of chronic diseases of the spine and joints.
More about this band-aid you can find on the link further - "ZB PAIN RELIEF".
According to the majority of the leading physicians of the planet, it is the therapeutic exercise for today - this is the best way to prevent and combat osteochondrosis in the initial stages, as well as a serious help in eliminating the symptoms and during the progression of the disease. Performing exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis, you can restore the natural state of the vertebrae and cartilaginous joints. At the first stages of osteochondrosis development, thanks to special sports complexes, one can completely get rid of the disease, and a general "good" effect of the person will be a good "side effect".
However, do not engage in dangerous experiments and self-medication. If anxiety symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor who will choose the correct dosage of the neck loads and will make up an individual therapeutic and exercise complex( LFK) exercises. Sometimes, when a patient suffers from frequent dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis, they prescribe the exercise of exercise therapy in a sitting or even lying position.
With the appearance of osteochondrosis in children, as well as in the case of development of radicular syndrome, it is possible to ascertain with serious certainty a serious deformation of the spine, which requires an urgent call for qualified help. If you ignore this point, a prolonged load will cause deformation of individual intervertebral discs and lead to serious complications. Therefore, one should be vigilant and, at the first symptoms, use against exercise therapy to correct the problem by creating a strong muscular corset.
Carrying out regular exercises from a medical and sports complex, one can count on restoring natural metabolism in the structure of intervertebral discs, improving blood supply in tissues, enriching the brain with oxygen, not to mention the return of mobility in the joints.
To increase the effectiveness of treatment, it must be carried out under the strict supervision of a doctor who will monitor each stage, which in the end is the key to a speedy recovery.
Rules of charging for the cervical spine
Before doing exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region, it is necessary to get acquainted with the basic simple rules that will improve the overall effect of the payload and allow you to turn the healing procedure not just a means for eliminating the pain syndrome, but allows you to make ita full-fledged kind of treatment.
- To carry out a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, it is necessary at every opportunity. This is an extremely important rule for workers in seated occupations, and it is not difficult to observe it, as simple exercise therapy can be done in 5-10 minutes without even getting up from the chair.
- Every morning and evening should become a time for exercise in standing position, as only the regularity of its performance will achieve sustainable results.
- In the mornings and evenings, every exercise should be performed standing.
- One-two dozen rotations of the neck and head turns are necessary at the same time as a painful syndrome is formed in the cervical region.
- Charging should be combined with a gentle massage of the cervical region.
- Also, when free time arrives, you should immediately rotate your hands in the shoulder joints.
When working with a computer it is highly recommended to interrupt for 5-10 minutes at least once in 1-1.5 hours. This will prevent the appearance and progression of osteochondrosis, and as an additional effect - will save the eyes. If you do not have the opportunity to do even such short breaks, then every half an hour, at least a minute or two, you can focus on the rotation of the head and light self-massage of the neck.(On the topic: gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervical department).
Healthy gymnastics during osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
You can start performing gymnastics only after stopping pain in the neck. In no case should not practice exercise therapy on the background of pain syndrome, as this can cause serious complications. If the seizures are not observed or have already passed, then the doctors allow performing isometric exercises in a calm rhythm, which allows you to get sufficient muscle tension without overloading the cervical vertebrae. As a result, the muscles and tendons will be strengthened and create a strong corset that will support the head and neck.
Each of the exercises must be performed at a slow pace, not allowing sharp, explosive movements. Also, before proceeding to the exercise of exercise therapy, you need to decide on a personal method, with a choice that should help a qualified specialist.
- Take a sitting position, straighten your back and neck. To make head turns from left to right, without sharp jerks, having made 10 repetitions.
- From the same initial position, lower your head down, trying to press your chin to your chest and making 10 repetitions.
- Take a sitting position and tilt the head back, also trying to pull the back, perform 10 repetitions.
- From the sitting position with the hands down, it is necessary to raise the shoulders as much as possible, fixing their position for 8-12 seconds. After this, the shoulders are lowered, they are relaxed for 3-5 seconds and again the lifting is repeated. In total, 10 repetitions are performed.
- Lie on a flat hard surface and work out the neck and skull workout in the hairline for 3-4 minutes. Self-massage is done by gentle compressive movements in an intense rhythm, which allows to significantly improve blood supply.
- It will be extremely useful to rub your back for a while in the area of the scapula, between them and above them.
- At last, you can flex the muscles behind the ear and along the occipital part with light movements around the circle.
When performing therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, it is necessary to control breathing, following its calm and slow rhythm. The correct breathing process will help to work concentrated, which in the end will increase the effectiveness of physical exertion. To conduct exercise therapy should be at least twice a day, but it is better to increase the number of repetitions to 3-4.Also, you do not need to immediately try to achieve maximum amplitude during the exercise, observing caution and regularity when performing exercise therapy. If osteochondrosis is already in neglected form, then the most optimal is to get acquainted with the complex of exercises on the floor.(And also: physical education with osteochondrosis of the cervical department).
- Take a lying position on the floor, putting one hand on the stomach, and the other on the chest. Taking a slow breath - raise first the stomach, and then the chest area, allowing the air to calmly fill the entire volume of the lungs. It is necessary to watch, that the exhalation is made more slowly in comparison with the inhalation. In total, it will be enough to perform 10 repetitions.
- Take a lying position on the floor on the abdomen, placing your arms along the trunk line. After that start to rotate the head from left to right, trying to reach the level of the floor with each ear, performing repetitions at least five times.
- Take a sitting position and lower your head forward, and then - back, controlling the smoothness of execution and amplitude, preventing the occurrence of pain. Perform 10 repetitions.
- Sit at the table and lean on it with your elbows, head down on the back of your crossed palms. Occupying this position, you should press your forehead on your hands, achieving maximum muscle tension. Exert tension on the exhale, allowing yourself to relax on the breath. Perform 10 times.
A complex set of exercises
The following exercises for osteochondrosis of the neck can be performed only as a preventive method or to eliminate the first symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. If the development of the disease has already gone too far, then it is better to abstain from doing the exercises, at least before consulting a doctor.
Exercises for relaxation in the cervical part
Occupy standing position with freely lowered arms. After that, strain your hands and straighten your back as much as possible, trying to make sure that the shoulder blades and shoulders do not go up. Lasting for a few seconds( up to 5), relax and give the body and breathing to recover.(On the topic: charging with cervical osteochondrosis).
Twisting in the neck
Twisting is best performed from standing position, but begins by lowering the head forward, representing how the spine is bent by an arc. It should be noted that this is not just about the bending of the cervical spine, but about the entire spine - from the base. Then it is necessary to make a reverse movement, slowly throwing back his head, trying to bring the shoulder blades together and feel how the spine is curled back. Exercise is repeated until the heat in the cervical region appears.
Hand swing by
From standing position, tilt the body forward so that it occupies a parallel to the ground position, trying to keep the back flat, and hands to dissolve in different directions. Then they make flies with their hands, like a bird flapping wings during the flight. At the same time, it is necessary to control the tension of the muscles of the back in order to prevent the movement due to the inertia of the swing.
It is extremely important to remember that such exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis are allowed only with minor manifestations of the disease. In no case can they be used without medical supervision if the disease has already crossed the initial stage.
Pay attention to the unique remedy for osteochondrosis, arthrosis and injuries!
Gel "Grandfather's Secret" - the first Russian drug, which makes it possible to restore cartilaginous tissue in joints without surgical intervention and injections.
More about this tool you can find on the link further - Cream "Grandfather's Secret".
Exercises, exercise therapy and gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are an effective method of curative and preventive treatment aimed at improving blood supply, removing the inflammatory process and symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is constantly needed for a person suffering from this disease. Active way of life will help strengthen the spinal muscles, which in turn will stop the development of impaired functioning of the spine and relieve the patient of the pain syndrome.
Indications and contraindications to the appointment of gymnastics with therapeutic purpose
The main indications for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are:
- pains having a vertebrogenic cause;
- any clinical manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis;
- is a high risk of developing intervertebral disc damage, which can lead to fusion of the vertebrae with each other.
- Direct contraindications to exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis specialists believe:
- acute phase of the disease;
- early postoperative period after surgical interventions on the cervical spine;
- chronic neurological disease;characterized by a pronounced coordination disorder;
- diseases of the organs of the vestibular apparatus;
- acute disease or exacerbation of chronic disease;
- high blood pressure levels;
- heart rhythm disturbances( arrhythmia);
- expressed myopia, the development of glaucoma.
With the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis, exercise should begin no earlier than an hour and a half after eating. If during a medical gymnastics with a cervical osteochondrosis the patient suddenly feels a sharp pain, nausea or dizziness, you should stop the exercise and sit down to rest.
Positive effects from curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis give effect quite quickly. In some patients, changes in the positive side become noticeable immediately after the first few days of performing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis. The rate of appearance of a positive effect depends on the form and stage of the disease, and if the improvement in the cutoff is not noticeable, the training plan should be adjusted, but it is necessary to continue them and the result will necessarily appear.
But this happens only if the course of exercise therapy is correctly chosen for cervical osteochondrosis. With an incorrectly selected plan for physical training, a drastic deterioration in the condition may occur. In order to choose a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, you must always contact a competent specialist.
Gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis brings the following positive effects:
- The dorsal muscles that support the spine are strengthened and become more plastic, this does not allow deforming the spinal column to develop.
- In the cervical spine improves blood flow and lymph flow, resulting in faster metabolism and faster recovery processes.
- Decreased activity of the inflammatory process.
- Restoration of the volume of movements in the spine.
- Decreased pressure on spinal nerve rootlets.
- Acquisition of correct posture.
- Weight reduction with regular exercise of physical therapy in cervical osteochondrosis causes a decrease in the load on the spine and large joints( if the patient has problems with excess weight).
To achieve the best effect, experts recommend alternating static and dynamic type of load and mandatory rest minutes between individual exercises. On the Internet in large numbers you can find video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis.
Recommendations for charging
Therapeutic exercise for cervical osteochondrosis does not require large cash injections, special gym equipment or trips to the gym, it is enough to have sportswear, a rug that will not slide on the floor, a chair with a high backrest or( more preferably) a ballfor fitness .In order to make charging with cervical osteochondrosis bring a positive effect, it is necessary:
- . It's not easy to download video gymnastics from the Internet with cervical osteochondrosis, but always consult a doctor before starting the exercises.
- The first lesson should last no longer than 20-25 minutes and each exercise throughout it has only one approach, afterwards the duration of the charge itself for osteochondrosis of the neck and the amount of the approach can be gradually increased.
- The first few sessions must be carried out under the supervision of a specialist, until the patient learns how to do the gymnastics correctly, and only then you can continue doing exercises at home.
- It is necessary not to forget that in the acute process, it is absolutely impossible to do gymnastics.
- All movements performed with cervical osteochondrosis of the gym should be very slow, accurate, smooth.
- You can not move your head in a circle or throw your head sharply in the direction of your back.
- It is possible to perform stretching exercises or use pulling devices only under the supervision of a doctor, independent extension of the cervical spine can lead to serious injury, even gymnastics video for cervical osteochondrosis can not give an idea of how to properly draw.
- Any of the exercises should not cause even the slightest pain.
Complex for cervical-thoracic version of osteochondrosis
The complex of exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis includes static and dynamic exercises that are designed specifically for those suffering from this disease. If you can not figure out how to do the movements yourself, you can watch the LFK video for cervical osteochondrosis. It is not necessary to perform the whole complex in the first lesson, you can do just a couple of exercises, but the main thing is not to forget about the alternation of static load and dynamic movements for the spine.
Performing these exercises requires special slowness and smoothness, the amplitude should be minimal, and the load on the muscles opposite the maximum. At the first lessons, the appearance of weak painful sensations( at the same time it is necessary to stop the exercise).Later, you may need to increase the load, for which you can use dumbbells of different weights.
- The starting position( PI) is standing, hands are apart, palms facing forward. Breathe in, bend and pull back your hands, try to get the blades together. While it is possible to linger in the accepted position, relax during an exhalation( 5-6 repetitions in one call).
- IP - sit on the floor, back straight. On a slow inspiration, turn your head to the side until you feel tension in your muscles, then turn back in exhalation. Then do the same in the other direction( 1-2 repetitions).
- IP - as in the previous exercise, perform a slow inclination of the head to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten and make the slopes back and forth.
- IP - lie on the stomach, palms on the back of the head. On inhalation, try to lift the chest with muscle, tilt the head and try to touch the chest with your chin. Try to raise your head, under the pressure exerted by your hands.(3-4 repetitions).
The figure shows additional exercises for pain in the upper back.
Dynamic gymnastics for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is performed at a fast pace, with the alternation of movements with periods of relaxation. The indicators of the correct speed can be considered the rapidity of respiratory movements and heartbeats. Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can be found on the Internet, viewing it will help to make the gymnastics correct and get rid of the basic mistakes of the complex, which are encountered practically by all involved.
- IP - standing, perform rotation with your hands 5-12 times forward and as much back. The amplitude of the movements is maximal.
- IP - as in the previous exercise, quickly lift the shoulders, first in turn, then both at once( repeat 5-12 times).
- IP - sitting, arm stretched to the side, try to look at the palm without making a turn in the waist( turning only with his head).Return to the IP and execute in the other direction( repeat 5 to 12 times).
- IP- lie on your stomach, breathing in to lift the chest as high as possible from the floor, hands to pull up, exhaling to lie down on the floor( repeat 5-12 times).
In addition to the basic exercises, you can use yoga in cervical osteochondrosis, it will help relax and strengthen the muscles, as well as stretching the cervical spine.
For those whose work is associated with a long stay in one position( mostly sitting), a good prevention of the development of disturbances in the functioning of the spinal column will be charging for cervical osteochondrosis. It must be done for several minutes every hour and a half of sitting work. Such charging includes turns and inclinations of the head, lifting and lowering of the shoulders, circular movements of the head and shoulders.
You can also read our article about the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies and medicines, and simultaneously with exercises, this can be a great effect.
Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:Read more © The joints and ligaments 2015 when copying an active link to the source is required. For communication and accommodation: [email protected] Before using the information, consult a doctor!