Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( coxarthrosis)
Coxarthrosis, or arthrosis of the hip joints is a serious disease that can not be managed with medication alone. In order to keep this disease under control, you must regularly engage in special therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).
Quick navigation for article:
Who can and can not do exercise therapy
Useful advices before you start to practice
Video of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Tips on how to correctly and how to misbehave the exercises
Who can,and who should not exercise LFK
You can perform exercises from different complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK), if:
- is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestation is minimals;
Performing such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
- disease is in an aggravation stage;
- , you recently suffered some heavy surgery;
- you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;
- you have a fever( above 37.5);
- in the presence of a hernia;
- during menstruation;
- for severe cardiac and pulmonary disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful advice before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education.
exercises with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and leg muscles receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Ready? Then go to the exercises!
The list of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Exercise number 1-a
For its implementation, you need to lie down on the floor with your stomach down, hands should be stretched along the trunk. This is how the initial position looks. Now slowly, very smoothly lift your left leg, not bending it in the knee, to a height of 15 cm from the floor, and harden in this position for thirty to forty seconds. At the end of this time, just as slowly as at the beginning of the exercise, lower your foot to the floor. Give yourself a few seconds of rest, and then repeat the same exercise, but with the right foot.
Ensure that the leg is raised only by the gluteal and thigh muscles. The pelvis should fit snugly to the floor. This exercise should be performed 1 time( for each leg)
The same exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Similarly, very slowly lift, without bending in the knee, the left leg to the same height, and then hover at the highest point for one or two seconds, and then just lower it slowly.
After this, take a short break in one or two seconds, completely relax your leg muscles, and then repeat this exercise. In total it is necessary to make 10-12 such slow, accurate movements, and then repeat the exercise already with the right foot.
Please note that both legs should receive the same muscular load: they must rise to the same height and hold the same amount of time.
The starting position - lying on the floor on the abdomen, arms stretched along the body down. Bend the left leg in the knee at an angle of 90 degrees;the right leg is straightened and lies on the floor.
After this, very slowly lift the bent leg from the floor to a height of 10-15 centimeters and hold it on the weight for the same 30-40 seconds. Then, too, very slowly and smoothly lower the leg, straighten it in the knee and completely relax the muscles of the legs. After a very short rest and complete relaxation of the muscles, repeat this exercise for the right leg.
Take a very short break, and then perform this therapeutic exercise, not in a static, but in a dynamic form. To do this, bend the left leg in the knee and then lift it 10 cm above the floor, and at the top point, stop for 1-2 seconds, then just slowly and slowly lower your leg and straighten it in the knee.
This movement needs to be repeated ten to twelve times, then move to the right leg and make it the same uplifts. Do not forget between each movement to do a 1-2-second break with complete relaxation of the muscles of the legs.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is usually possible only for physically well-trained patients. If you feel that it is too hard for you, you are more than 40 years old and you tend to increase blood pressure, then do not heroic - skip the exercise and go on to the next.
The starting position is on the floor lying on the abdomen, arms stretched along the trunk.
Without bending the legs in the knees, slowly raise both feet at a height of 10-15 cm above the floor, and then slowly spread the legs apart, and then bring them back again. Without lowering your legs to the floor, repeat this cycle from the dilutions and information of the legs 8-10 times, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor and completely relax your muscles.
This exercise is also performed lying on the floor, but the starting position changes. Lay down on the left side and bend the left leg in the knee. The right leg, which is on top, should be straightened.
It is necessary to raise the right leg, and, without bending it in the knee, raise it upwards, making sure that the angle between the horizontal plane( floor) and the foot is 45 degrees. Gradually raise your foot to this level, fix it for thirty seconds, then slowly and accurately lower your leg and completely relax your leg muscles.
Take a very short break, turn over to the other side and perform a similar exercise with your left foot.
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise.
From this position, lift your right foot very smoothly to an angle of 30 to 40 degrees, without bending your leg in the knee. After this, slowly unfold the foot and the leg as a whole outward. Then unfold both the leg and the foot inside. To perform the exercise, you need to do 10-15 cycles of such rotations inward and outward, after which you lower your leg and completely relax your muscles.
After a short break, turn over to the other side and repeat the exercise with the left foot. Make sure that during the movement, the rotation occurs "from the hip", not just the foot.
The starting position changes again: lie on the floor on your back, then bend your knees and spread them so that the sweep approximates the width of your shoulders. After that, you need to do the following: leaning on the shoulders, try to slowly raise the pelvis as high as you can, and fix it at this level for 30 - 40 seconds.
Then slowly, slowly go back to the starting position and completely relax the muscles of the legs.
After a short break, you need to do the same exercise, but in a dynamic manner. To do this, take the original position and lift the pelvis in the same way, but hang up at the top for 1-2 seconds, and then lower it down, but not until the end, but about 15 cm.
After that, again try to raise the pelvis as high as possible,point, and so on, until 12 to 15 such movements are done. Then, just as smoothly lower the pelvis on the floor and completely relax the muscles.
The starting position is new: sitting on the floor, legs are straightened. Lean forward so that the knees remain straightened, and try to wrap your hands around your feet and toes.
Then pull your body forward, as far as it turns out, and try to freeze in this position for two or three minutes, while relaxing your muscles as much as possible.
What if your ligament condition or natural flexibility does not allow you to reach your feet and fix it at the right time in this way? To do this, you need to use improvised materials: make, for example, a loop from the belt and put it on your feet so that one edge of the strap rests against them, and the other is in your hands. With the help of such a device, pulling the trunk forward will be much easier.
The main goal of this exercise is to be able to stretch the ligaments and muscles of the hip for a long time, several months, in such a way that the angle of the torso to the legs increases approximately by two times.
This exercise should be performed only once a day. Make sure that when performing it, your head does not fall: it should be like a continuation of the trunk.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly and smoothly lift the left leg, unbending it in the knee. After that continue to raise it, using the already hip joint. Raise your foot to the level you can, and then fix it at this level for 30 - 60 seconds.
Then smoothly and slowly lower the leg first in the thigh, and then in the knee, after which completely relax the muscles. After a short break, repeat this movement with your right foot.
Note: this exercise can only be done for patients with the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint. At the second, and the more so the third degree you risk damaging the joint!
The starting position for the exercise is as follows: sit on the floor, leaning back against the wall, the back should be straight. Legs should be straightened and maximally moved apart.
To perform the exercise, start bending the aching leg in the knee joint, trying not to bring it close to the healthy leg, until you place the foot of the sick leg on the floor. Then very gently begin to press both hands on the knee of the sick leg, very soft and smooth, wiggling movements, try to tilt your leg inside, to maximum tension, but not pain!
This exercise can also be performed only in the initial stage of coxarthrosis!
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Legs are straightened and maximally divorced. Carefully and slowly bend the aching leg in the knee joint, then grab her foot with your hands and begin to pull it very slowly towards yourself - until you feel maximum tension, but not pain!
When you reach the maximum approach, lock in this position and stay in it for one to two minutes, while trying to relax as much as possible. After this, very slowly return to the starting position and relax the muscles of the legs.
If the flexibility of your ligaments and muscles at the moment does not allow you to reach out to the foot of a sore leg, use a towel or strap as an accessory for the same purpose.
It is necessary to perform once a day.
This is the last exercise, and after completing the complex of therapeutic exercises it is very important to self-massage the thigh. This self-massage must be done sitting, and massage only the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh, but not the back.
Place the palms on the thigh just above the knee, press them firmly against the foot and begin to make vigorous rubbing of the leg, as you slowly move up from the bottom. This massage should be done for about three minutes until a feeling of stable heat, but making sure that it does not go into pain or burning sensations.
After this, within 1 minute, complete the final part of the massage, conducting a gentle and smooth stroking of the hip skin from the bottom up. In order to maintain heat after such a massage, it is useful to use warming ointments, creams and gels - for example, Espoo ointment, special massage cream "Ballet" or, for example, "Nikofleks" ointment.
In this video, you can see a series of useful exercises of another medical complex:
And in conclusion - some more tips:
1. Pay close attention to exercises that give excessive strain on the muscles of the thighs and hands: this is not useful for the joints, andmost likely from such exercise it is necessary to refuse. In addition, when performing exercises, you should not experience severe, severe pain. If this happens, it means that this exercise is also not suitable for you.
2. It is important that in between exercises, even if they last only a few seconds, you have time to completely relax the muscles of the body. It is best to just lie down for this.
3. Try to finish each cycle of exercises at least small, for 3-5 minutes, by foot massage. It is useful in this case to use various heating gels and ointments. We already wrote about some of them: this is the gel of Horsepower( Horse Force), Zoo-VIP-gel, as well as Valentin Dikul's balm for joints.
Deforming arthrosis( coxarthrosis) of the hip joint of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd degreeCoxarthrosis of the hip is a severe form of osteoarthritis, a disease that in medical practice occurs most often and constitutes more than 40% of all diseases in the musculoskeletal system.
This disease, in general, begins to develop after 40 years, and men and women. However, in women this disease is more severe.
Coxarthrosis is a deforming arthrosis of the hip joint, which is successfully treated at the initial stage of development.
But, unfortunately, the sick do not seek to immediately seek help from a doctor, having felt the first pain in the hip statute.
thereby allowing the disease to progress.
How to cure a humeroparous periarthrosis - detailed article.
Learn what to do with a coccyx contusion here. The full article will help you decide on the solution of problems with the coccyx.
Causes of the disease
Causes due to which coxarthrosis can develop in the hip joint is in fact a huge amount:
- the main cause is a circulatory disturbance when the venous outflow and arterial inflow worsen. Because of this, the accumulation of metabolic products, and under-oxidized ones, can occur, enzymes start to activate, which subsequently begin to destroy the cartilage.
- mechanical factors are important. This is an overload of the joint. In the bulk of these overloads suffer professional athletes. Also, people with overweight are affected.
- biochemical changes in the structure of cartilage. Disturbance of metabolism in the human body. And, of course, hormonal changes in the body.
- injuries. This traumatic dislocation, fracture of the neck of the hip, all kinds of fractures of the pelvis. It is after the trauma that coxarthrosis can begin to develop in people of young age.
- development of aseptic necrosis of the pelvic bone head.
- inflammation of the joints and infectious processes.
- diseases of the spine, such as scoliosis or kyphosis,
- flat feet.
- congenital pathology. Disturbance of joint development.
- congenital hip dislocation. It is for this reason that the development of coxarthrosis occurs in more than 20% of people.
- is a sedentary lifestyle.
- is the heredity of the body. Of course, the disease itself is not inherited, but the structure of the skeleton is transmitted. And if your relatives suffer from coxarthrosis, then the probability of occurrence of such a disease rises several times.
Coxarthrosis can be both primary, as an independent disease, and secondary, the development of which occurs as a consequence of other diseases.In nature, often occurs immediately in both hip joints - bilateral coxarthrosis.
What are the symptoms of coxarthrosis?
Symptoms of coxarthrosis are pronounced, so diagnosing the disease does not present difficulties. However, it must not be forgotten that the symptoms of coxarthrosis depend on the degree of the disease. The main signs of the disease include:
- permanent pain in the thigh joint, in the knee, which do not cease even at rest.
- stiffness when driving.
- with a more neglected disease, the aching leg becomes shorter.
- develops muscle atrophy.
The mistake of people is that they ignore the first and main symptoms of the disease - the pain in the hip joint, believing that the pain can pass by itself.
However, this is a great mistake, because coxarthrosis at the initial stage is easily and successfully treatable.
But basically, patients are treated already when pain is not possible, there comes a restriction in leg mobility, the hip joint is destroyed, and the hip muscles are atrophied.Such a symptomatology can be another disease, so only a specialist can diagnose coxarthrosis and the appointment of an effective method of treatment is completely under the responsibility of the doctor.
Degrees( stages) of coxarthrosis
In medical practice, three degrees of development of coxarthrosis of the hip are distinguished:
1 degree of - characterized by not very severe periodic pain that can occur after prolonged physical exertion. The pain concentrates in the hip area. After rest the pain subsides. If you do an x-ray, you can detect initial changes in the pelvic bones. The articular cleft is unevenly narrowed, minor growths in the bones gradually appear. . But the neck of the femur and the head are still unchanged.
2 degree - the pain becomes more intense. Now the pain does not pass even at rest, is given to the groin and thigh. When walking for a long time, there is lameness. It is not possible to function fully at the joint. If you take an X-ray, you will clearly see progressive bone growths. The deformation of the head of the hip bone began. It can have an uneven contour or it is very enlarged in volume and shifted to the top. You can detect the formation of cysts. There is a thickening, and an extension of the neck of the hip bone.
3 degree - characterized by persistent severe pain, unabated even at night. For walking, support is needed. Atrophy of the buttock, shin, thigh muscles, and movement in the joint is limited.
At this stage of the disease, the pelvis tilts, which is the reason for the shortening of the leg from the sore side, so you have to walk on your fingers and tilt the torso to the side. And this leads to overload in the patient's joint. If you consider an X-ray, you can find abundant bony growths. Moreover, the joint gap disappears completely, the joint can grow into one bone structure, as a consequence, a complete loss of real estate. The neck of the femur is maximally expanded.Learn how to treat an intervertebral hernia in this article.
About what to do and how to provide first aid in case of a coccyx contusion in detail here - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/travmy/ ushib-kobchika.html. Maybe you will be interested.
Diagnosis of the disease
Only the attending physician can diagnose the disease, using clinical radiology data. With the help of research it is possible to establish the degree of development of the disease, its etiology. It is with the help of X-rays that it is possible to establish an accurate diagnosis, and therefore, to prescribe an effective treatment. The main thing is that this would be done only by a specialist.
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
When the disease of coxarthrosis of the hip joint is diagnosed by specialists, treatment is prescribed.Do not take self-medication at all, do not look for options how to treat coxarthrosis yourself. Consult with your doctor!
At 1 degree of , the disease is given preference to conservative treatment, using various medications and preparations( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors and other drugs).
NSAIDs are good pain relievers for coxarthrosis, relieve swelling and inflammation of the joint, thereby relieving pain.
Muscle relaxants relieve muscle spasms, stimulate blood circulation, and chondroprotectors help restore damaged cartilage tissue.These medications are used both in tablets and in injections, depending on the degree of pain and the appointment of a doctor.
In the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint, folk remedies are also of great help. The use of traditional medicine is possible in conjunction with conservative treatment, but it is necessary to consult with your doctor. Such a tandem usually gives good results.
Basically, applying ointments, tinctures, lotions of folk medicine, it is possible to relieve pain, spasm, inflammation, but they can not provide therapeutic effect.
physiotherapy methods ( laser therapy, therapeutic baths, acupuncture, mud therapy, massage, gymnastics) are of great importance in the treatment of coxarthrosis.
The choice of exercises is carried out with great care and only an expert, that would in no case cause injury to the patient's joint.
At the first and second degree of , the disease is treated with arthroscopic debridement - a surgical procedure in which small, destroyed cartilage particles are removed. This allows you to reduce pain and reduce stiffness in the joint.
Periarticular osteotomy is a surgical intervention in which the femur is filed in certain places and then reconnected at a certain angle, which allows to slow the development of coxarthrosis.Treatment of coxarthrosis 3 degrees in almost all cases surgical , since joint restoration by a conservative method is impossible.
A very complicated operation is performed to replace the joint with a special endoprosthesis, which is implanted in the pelvic and femur.
This prosthesis provides full vital activity to a person, since it is a complete copy of the present joint and has its characteristics.
Video. Exercises exercise and gymnastics with coxarthrosis.
The great advantage of using therapeutic gymnastics in the treatment of coxarthrosis is the possibility of their full and regular performance at home.
Bubnovsky's Gymnastics with Coxarthrosis
What should the therapeutic gymnastics be for coxarthrosis of the hip joint?
The joints themselves are a fairly fragile structure. In their youth, we do not even think about them, considering their reliable work as something self-evident. But time goes by, the joints wear out, and the person remembers about their existence. Painful joints cause serious pain and severely limit the mobility of a person, and only then does he think about normal treatment. Fortunately, in most cases, treatment is performed without surgery, conservative methods, in which one of the most important places is therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Why does the disease develop?
Why does this happen? A healthy hip joint is very similar in structure to a hinge covered with cartilage. It is thanks to this cartilage and a certain "lubrication", located in the joint, provides the necessary freedom of movement. With age, the composition of this "lubricant" changes, it becomes smaller, as a result of increased friction and begins to thin out cartilage tissue. The result is the deformation of the cartilage.
The joints of a person "wear out" with time.
As a result of all this, a person begins to feel pain in the joint and begins to redistribute the load, protecting the diseased leg. But this leads to the fact that the muscles on the aching leg begin to gradually weaken and atrophy, and the pain only intensifies.
Given the habit of our people to engage in self-medication and pull "to the last" with a hike to the doctor, then we have an extremely unpleasant situation when people have to be treated already in the late stages of the disease. The process of deformation and destruction of the cartilage at this stage is very difficult to stop, so you have to prescribe a lot of drugs that must anesthetize, relieve muscle spasm and inflammation of the joint, and help restore the affected cartilage tissue. But this is not enough, the joint should be developed, the muscles should be maintained in a normal state, otherwise the leg and after the treatment will not be able to function normally. A key role at this stage, as well as throughout the treatment, is therapeutic exercise.
Specificity of therapeutic exercises
Treatment of coxarthrosis in general is a rather complex and lengthy process. But a very important place in this process is curative gymnastics in case of hip joint disease. It is this that prevents the joint from growing joints and keeps mobility in it.
Naturally, you need to consider that the exercises will be performed with the affected joint, while they must help the patient, and not harm. That is why exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint have a certain specificity.
Features of performance of medical gymnastics
Such exercises can not be performed too vigorously and abruptly. The goal of the exercises is to develop the affected joint, rather than complicate the situation, causing additional trauma to the already aching joint. That is why the exercises are rather static, not dynamic.
It is very desirable to perform muscle massage in the hip and hip joint area before and after exercise. The same massage should be performed and with the appearance of unpleasant sensations during the performance of gymnastics.
Consider also the fact that exercises of exercise therapy performed with this disease exclude the axial load on the hip joint. Serious physical load, sharp and deep squats, excessive amplitude of movements - all these factors can lead to a serious deterioration of the situation.
A good assistant in the treatment of coxarthrosis is water. For example, swimming is very useful in this disease, regardless of whether you are swimming in the sea, the river or the pool. True, swimming can be practiced only if such an opportunity gives the physical condition of the patient. But a warm bath will make it possible to relieve unnecessary tension in the muscles and soothe the pain. Lying in it you can perform slow and smooth movements of low amplitude, so that the pain will decrease.
The most important rule that must be strictly observed during the performance of therapeutic exercises: do not perform those exercises that cause the appearance of sharp pain. The pain says that the joint can not yet perform such a task, and such an exercise, respectively, will cause harm.
Complex of exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The proposed complex is one of the most common, but it must be taken into account that the treatment of the exercise should be selected only by the attending physician, the complex is adjusted for each individual case of the disease. So:
Exercises performed lying on the back
The first "series" of exercises is performed lying on the back.
1. Hands lie along the trunk, legs are stretched. At the inhalation, we raise our hands upwards, on exhalation - lower them down. Exercise is repeated at a slow pace 6-8 times.
2. The starting position is similar to the previous exercise. It is necessary to smoothly bend and unbend your arms in elbows at a slow pace. The exercise repeats 6-8 times.
3. From the same initial position, in turn, bend and unbend legs in the knees, making sure that the heels do not come off the mat. Exercise is repeated 8-10 times.
4. The starting position is the same. Straight legs turn inwards, after which we return them to their previous position. The exercise is performed 8 times.
5. When doing the exercise, keep your hands on your waist. Watching that the heels do not come off the floor, we spread our legs to the sides, after which we return them back. The exercise is done smoothly and at a slow pace 8 times.
6. Keep your hands on your belt. With the legs we perform the exercise "bike" for 10-15 seconds at a calm and slow pace.
7. Return the hands to the position along the trunk. At the inhalation, straight arms are raised upwards, on exhalation - smoothly lowered. The exercise repeats 6 times.
Exercises performed lying on the abdomen
With the further implementation of the complex the starting position changes, for which it is necessary to lie on the stomach.
8. The hands lie on the hips. You need to lift your shoulders and head, hold this position for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Exercise should be performed every two seconds as smoothly as possible 6 times.
9. Hands are on hips. Smoothly lift the straight legs in turn. Running 6 times.
10. In the starting position, we hold hands in front of the chest. Raise the shoulder girdle and perform 3 movements with your hands, similar to the movements when swimming in the style of "breaststroke".The exercise is performed 6 times.
11. Keep your hands in front of your chest. In the pelvic region, we contract the muscles and hold them in this position for a few seconds, after which we relax. With sufficient training, this position can be held for 10-12 seconds.
12. We change position and we lay down on a healthy side, we put a head on the arm bent in an elbow. After that, the patient leg is lifted and removed, then gently return it to its former position and relax the muscles. This exercise is performed 8 times.
Exercises performed by standing
13. Standing on a healthy leg, we rely on any stop( for example - the back of the chair) from the side of the healthy leg. After the adoption of this position, smooth( the main thing - not sharp) swings back and forth with a sick leg with a small amplitude. The size of the amplitude is determined by the pain sensations.
14. In the same initial position, we perform a circular motion with a foot. This exercise is performed smoothly 8 times.
15. We stand on both feet, leaning on the stop with both hands. Now we are doing half a squat, after which we return to the initial position. It is executed slowly 10 times.
16. From the same initial position, we rise on the toes, after which we smoothly descend. The exercise is performed 10 times.
Similar gymnastics is sufficiently effective provided it is correctly performed. It was LFK of this type that became the basis of the method of kinesitherapy. Everyone knows the old truth: "Movement is life."Therefore, a person should not completely limit his mobility, this never leads to positive results. Much more meaning has to move, but with an eye on your own well-being. This way a person can recover as quickly as possible.
However, it is very important to start treatment in time and strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor , because only a specialist can fully imagine the problem and determine the best treatment options.
Symptoms and treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint of the 2nd degree
Coxarthrosis, also called osteoarthritis, is one of the most common diseases in the modern world. This ailment in the field of the musculoskeletal system can occur both in elderly people and in people under 20 years old. Osteoarthritis deforms the hip joint, which causes significant trouble in moving.
There are two degrees of this disease. And if the first is characterized by the fact that the cause of its occurrence can not be determined, coxarthrosis of the second degree develops from such diseases as hip dislocation, dysplasia, hip joint injuries and other disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Why can it happen?
The reasons for the development of coxarthrosis are huge. One of the most important is the sedentary lifestyle .In this case, even after treatment, the disease will return, if not change the way of life. Usually it is recommended to go in for sports, walk more often, perform a certain set of exercises.
Another reason may be hip dysplasia and many other hereditary diseases of .Also on the development of osteoarthritis can affect various injuries, dislocations, bruises . Excessive stress or sudden changes in the way of life of can also lead to deformation of the hip joint.
Coxarthrosis can disturb those who have had a fracture of the neck of the thigh or have various inflammatory processes in this area. The presence of Perthes' disease is another important cause of osteoarthritis.
How to choose orthopedic insoles? Customization. Doctors recommend. Why are the knees sore? How to find the reason? Read in this article.
Symptoms of the disease
The patient may complain of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the thigh that can give into the groin, knee. May worsen during exercise or during a normal lifestyle.
- Lumbling, difficulty in flexion and other problems with movement.
- Shortening of the affected limb.
- Weakened and subsequent atrophy of the femoral muscles.
With coxarthrosis, the intensity of pain increases with each time, Pain, which does not pass even at night, can cause sleep disturbances. It is the painful feelings that make the patients turn to specialists.
There are difficulties with the movement, so patients have to use a cane. This leads to muscle atrophy. And this weakening of the muscles causes the mixing of the pelvis, which significantly shortens the damaged leg.
How to treat the disease?
You can get rid of this disease with the help of pharmacological drugs. Usually prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs , for example ketorol or diclofenac.
They not only reduce the inflammatory and edematous process, but also reduce pain, but in no case can they be used for a long time. The components that make up these drugs reduce the cartilage's ability to repair.
So, to get rid of this disease, you should take a number of other remedies:
- Vasodilators .Such drugs improve blood circulation and this will accelerate the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue.
- The intensity of pain and muscle tension will help to remove muscle relaxants , whose action is also to normalize the flow of blood.
- To ensure that the cartilage tissues are capable of regeneration, and the degeneration process has stopped, chondroprotecters are needed. They must be applied regularly, and then the restorative capacity of cartilage will not be lost even after discontinuation of the drug.
- anti-inflammatory ointments have a small effect, but they can also have a beneficial effect on the damaged limb. Their warming effect normalizes blood flow and helps muscles to relieve spasms. Rub them carefully and regularly, since the ointments need to overcome the barrier from a thick enough layer of skin to get to the source of the disease.
Rich in wellness recipes and traditional medicine. There are three most effective methods for treating osteoarthritis without resorting to medication.
- Treatment of coxarthrosis with oils. It is not necessary to buy expensive ointments. Help in getting rid of coxarthrosis will help the oils of eucalyptus, carnations, zymolyubki, mixed with aloe juice. To rub this mixture is necessary in the thigh in the morning and in the evening, and to enhance the effect it is recommended to drink vitamins for strengthening bones and cartilaginous tissues.
- The most common garlic will help cure coxarthrosis. It is necessary to prepare an infusion of three large lemons, celery root and three garlic heads. Prepare the infusion in a thermos so that it is infused for 24 hours and remains warm. This broth should be drunk every day in the morning before eating no more than a quarter cup.
- To avoid coxarthrosis, it is necessary to strengthen the joints. This can help different chicken broths, especially good in this case broth from chicken legs. You can also use an ointment made from pork fat and the root of the transplant.
What should I do if my joints crack? Restoring locomotor activity. For what reasons can the shoulder joint hurt?http: //jointpain.ru/simptomi/ prichini-boley-v-plechevom-sustave We find out by reference.
Prophylaxis of coxarthrosis
In order to understand what needs to be done to prevent coxarthrosis, we need to remember what causes it. If it has developed because of a sedentary lifestyle, then the lifestyle should be changed. For example, walking more often, practicing in the gym, doing various exercises at home. Then the flow of blood to the hip joints will be normalized and the disease will not return.
Also is recommended to drink vitamins for strengthening cartilage tissues and the musculoskeletal system in general. If the pain periodically arises, then at least once a year you should undergo a checkup with your doctor.
Therapeutic physical training
What is the usefulness of gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint of the 2nd degree? The fact is that they provide blood flow to the hip joints and do not allow the muscles to atrophy. Strong muscles are very important in this case, because they do not allow the pelvis to move.
For each patient, usually developed its own set of exercises, taking into account the characteristics of the body and the development of the disease. However, there are a number of basic movements. All exercises must be performed smoothly, eliminating sudden movements, as this can only harm the body.
Also experts advise to be engaged in swimming purposes of preventive maintenance of this illness. Very suitable for this sea water, which contains a lot of useful salts and minerals.
Video. Exercises by Dr. Bubnovsky's method:
Nutrition rules for
For people who are prone to this disease, there are certain rules for eating. First, meals should be regular, about 5-6 times a day, and portions - small. The diet should contain proteins that are found in meat, fish and liver. Do not get carried away with boiled eggs, because they contain a large amount of cholesterol. It is better to limit their use to 2 pieces per week.
You need to eat legumes and mushrooms, so that the body always has a supply of vegetable proteins. The amount of fat consumed must be strictly limited to , but this does not mean that you need to abandon them altogether. Fats contribute to strengthening the body, and getting them best from plant foods and meat.
All problems with health are solved, however, you need to take care of it as soon as possible. That is why, if there is any inclination to the appearance of coxarthrosis, you need to think first of all: why did it appear? And proceeding from this take appropriate measures.
Video .Telecast "Live Healthily" with Elena Malysheva on how to overcome coxarthrosis:
At home or in the hall?
Medical gymnastics should be conducted under the supervision of the instructor of exercise therapy. This is the most optimal option. The coach himself will select the best complex of therapeutic gymnastics for the patient, will show how to perform the exercises, make sure that they are performed correctly, without unnecessary workload.
If necessary, gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be performed independently at home. Complex with coxarthrosis can be selected independently.
We recommend using various videos in which you can see how the physical exercises are performed, and then repeat them. On the video, the instructor will also talk about the rules of curative gymnastics, precautions and duration - follow the recommendations with the video and you will be able to achieve the same effect as in the exercises with the instructor of exercise therapy.
Complex of exercises
The duration and complexity of therapeutic gymnastics depends on the degree of hip joint and associated diseases, as well as the main course of therapy. For example, in the initial stages it is allowed to ride a bicycle( as an alternative - an exercise bike with coxarthrosis of the hip joint).In the case of acute diseases of the internal organs, you should completely abandon the therapeutic gymnastics.
For different degrees of arthrosis, their exercises are selected. Here is an example of therapeutic gymnastics for patients with different stages of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Therapeutic exercises for the first degree of coxarthrosis:
- Lie on your back. Straight leg up gently, making gentle rocking from side to side. At the first lessons the amplitude is small, then you can gradually increase the amplitude of the movements. Repeat the movement with the second leg( for more trained you can perform the movement "scissors").Listen to your sensations in the hip joint, determining the speed and amplitude of the movements.
- Lie on your back. We raise and lower the leg to the maximum height at the time of the movement. We perform from five to 10-15 repetitions( increase their number gradually).The same is done with the second leg.
- Lie on your stomach( if it's hard, you can perform on the back), place the roller under the feet. Make easy rocking movements of the pelvis sideways. Do not do this quickly, the amplitude is small( light wiggle).
It is best to perform therapeutic physical exercises under the guidance of a specialized training.
Therapeutic exercises for the second degree of coxarthrosis:
- Sit on a chair, brush on the knees. Lean forward, trying to reach the toes to the toes. The back is straight( do not round, do not bend), the belly lies on the hips. We perform 10 inclines.
- Sit on a chair, hands on the thigh or knees. Make shaking movements with your feet to the sides( dilute and reduce your knees), the amplitude is small. In this case there will be no pain in the region of the hip joint.
- From the same position, lift the leg, lifting the heel off the floor for 1-2 cm and lowering it back( holding the toe on the floor).
- Lying on your back, perform movements that mimic cycling. Do it for 10 seconds, rest and repeat again.
- Standing, holding on to the back of the chair, one foot on the stand( bar, brick).We make flops with our free foot back and forth. At first, speed and amplitude increase, then reduce. We make flops with the other leg. We execute 10 mahov each foot.
Therapeutic exercises for the third degree of coxarthrosis:
- Sit on a chair. Centimeters at 10-15 lift up the leg, bent at the knee. Smoothly put your foot back on the floor. Change your foot. Repeat the exercise 10 times for each leg.
- The starting position is the same. Spread your legs and slowly raise and lower your knees. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on your back, pull your knees to your chest. Begin to breed and reduce legs, each time extending the distance between the knees. Start with five repetitions and bring up to 10-15.
After therapeutic gymnastics you need to fix the effect. At the end of training, it would be good to swim in the pool, which will help relieve tension in the muscles. Warm baths with herbs will also be useful. Specialists strongly recommend going to massage:
- Massage improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body.
- Massage strengthens the ligaments.
- Massage helps relieve tension in the muscles.
- Massage promotes increased mobility of the hip joint.
Do not exercise abruptly and vigorously. It is necessary to completely eliminate exercises that cause pain.
Massage with coxarthrosis is performed very carefully, with slow movements, without applying great efforts. Duration of manual procedures should not exceed 15 minutes.
Gentle yoga is gaining increasing popularity in the treatment and prevention of diseases, including coxarthrosis. It can be used as an alternative to traditional therapeutic gymnastics. And even better - in addition to classical exercises. There are several rules for performing exercises from yoga:
- Yoga is recommended only at the initial stage of hip joint disease.
- Exercises should only be selected with an instructor, since most of all yoga asanas exert a strong load on the joints, which is categorically contraindicated in coxarthrosis. With this disease, only gentle exercises can be performed.
Correct performance of gentle asanas from yoga saturates the body with oxygen, improves blood flow in the joints, increases the elasticity of muscles and helps to get rid of pain.
General rules for the implementation of
There are general rules that must be observed when performing any complex of therapeutic gymnastics or gentle yoga:
- Therapeutic exercises and yoga are performed slowly, without jerks. The rate of charging can be accelerated as the training increases. The rate depends on the degree of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
- Exercises with coxarthrosis begin with a small number of repetitions, usually from five. But if the exercise is difficult, then you must confine yourself to two or three repetitions or temporarily replace it with an easier one. As the training increases, the number of repetitions is increased to 10-15.
- Be sure to listen to the sensations in the hip joint. They will tell you how to do the exercises. Carefully study how to correctly perform movements in coxarthrosis.
- While moving, do not hold your breath. Breathe evenly and deeply.
- The presence of arthrosis of the hip joint is accompanied by pain in it, and therefore exercise therapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is performed in a position that excludes the load on the affected area. The best position in this case is a lying position, with a small pad under the head and a roller under the knees. The heavier the arthrosis of the hip joint, the thicker the roller is required, as usually the leg is in a bent state and its extension is difficult.
The most important thing: when treating arthrosis, never stop only on physical education, otherwise the disease will not be cured. Remember that medical gymnastics is only one of the components of the complex of health-improving activities. Do not forget about drug treatment, diet, regular massage, warming, etc.
Mom is now engaged in therapeutic gymnastics. She said that the first week was very difficult - everything was hurting and crackling. But now I'm used to it. He says that there are no such pains, as they were from the very beginning.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint of the third degree is a neglected stage of the disease, when the whole unpleasant symptomatic picture has a particularly strong intensity.
A sick person is worried about the strongest pains of an almost constant nature. They are very intense, they are felt even during a night's sleep, arise irrespective of limb movement and rest duration, therefore a group of disability is supposed. Stiffness of the osseous joint, stiffness, change in the shape of the joint - these are the symptoms that accompany the pain syndrome. Since it is necessary to treat Coxarthrosis, so that as long as possible the person retained at least the minimum ability to move around? What should I do to get a disability? Let's go into more detail.
Palliative( alleviating the human condition) treatment
Since the changes in the joint are already irreversible, the medication has ceased to bring appreciable relief. There is practically no cartilaginous layer left, and intraarticular fluid is not produced, therefore it becomes less and less meaningful to take chondroprotectors.
Hodproprotektory protect hyaline tissue from destruction, but do not grow it. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with Coxarthrosis of the third degree are prescribed with great caution. Physiotherapy( magnet, reflexology, UHF, electrophoresis) only briefly or at all does not bring any improvement. Usually, physiotherapy is prescribed together with courses of therapeutic massage of the hip joint. The curative plan is left taking into account the use of all the possibilities for maintaining the mobility of the joint.
Physiotherapy in Coxarthrosis 3rd degree
Physical training in Coxarthrosis
A special role in the preservation of the joint structure is played by exercise therapy. With grade 3 Coxarthrosis, the risk of complete immobilization of the joint increases. Correctly selected set of exercises allows you to "develop" the joint, prevent the fusion of the ends of bones, prolong the person the ability to move.
It should be noted that many specialists in medical gymnastics play the role of panacea in treatment. Strong muscles and ligaments promote good blood circulation in the affected area. And the better the blood circulation, the faster the cartilage is restored.
But, on the other hand, if mindlessly doing exercises, overloading the joint, it is very easy to help the disease destroy the remains of the cartilaginous layer, which will only exacerbate the condition of the person suffering from the disease. Therefore, one should not engage in exercise therapy without consulting the doctor. There are a lot of videos on the Internet, where they are offered to see sets of exercises from famous healers and athletes.
But the verdict should be sounded by a medical highly qualified specialist and your treating trauma doctor. Only a doctor can assess the feasibility of performing an exercise, and only a specialist will find a "golden mean" in physiotherapy.
How to get rid of pain
Pain with Cockarthrosis 3rd degree prevents a person from leading a habitual way of life. Anaplastic drugs and their combinations are prescribed for its relief. But sometimes even simultaneously injected anesthetics do not bring relief, that's when they designate Tramadol.
Tramadol is a powerful anesthetic that causes addiction to the body. Without a doctor's prescription, it is not released at the pharmacy, and prescription forms for the discharge of the drug are subject to strict accounting.
The most intolerable pain syndromes relieve intraarticular injections, through which hormonal, vitamin, anti-inflammatory and pain medication can be administered. To anesthetize the joint of anesthetics, usually injected with ordinary Lidocaine or Novocain.
Folk medicine offers many tips for the treatment of coxarthrosis. But practically all of them can help at earlier stages of the disease, when there are not yet many osteophytes( "thorns", as they say in the people), deformities, muscle atrophy.
Extension of the joint is one of the rarest procedures, which it is possible to increase the joint gap by spreading the bone ends in the joint. With the expansion of the joint gap to anatomically correct size, there is a significant unloading and reduction of the deformity of the joint structure, which leads to a decrease in the intensity of the pain syndrome, and the removal of muscle spasm.
Extraction can occur in 2 ways:
- with manual therapy;
- on the traction machine.
It is better to perform the procedure in water, since the aqueous medium contributes to a mild effect on the body.
A more effective method of traction is manual, but it is more labor-intensive and expensive. On the traction apparatus, the bony ends dilute only along the vertical axis, although it is more effective to do this somewhat laterally and outward.
How to treat coxarthrosis of the hip joint of the 3rd degree by surgical methods
With 3 degrees of coxarthrosis, the operation remains almost the only radical type of treatment and a way to get rid of pain. Most often, total endoprosthetics are shown.
Total endoprosthetics is a technically complex operation involving the replacement of the hip joint with a prosthesis. One part of the titanium prosthesis becomes a continuation of the femur, and the other part is implanted into the pelvis.
Correctly installed prosthesis fully assumes the function of the joint, because the person returns to normal life. Despite all the complexity of the surgical intervention of the operated patient "put on crutches" for 3 days already. The use of modern pain medication allows qualitatively to stop postoperative pains, therefore the feeling of discomfort immediately after the operation is minimized.
After endoprosthetics, a rehabilitation period awaits you, which has a different duration depending on the state of somatic health, the individual characteristics of the body and the nervous system. But these are quite insurmountable difficulties, which are "on the shoulder" for almost everyone.
Every year, the list of relative contraindications to endoprosthetics in Coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree is shortened, because the medicine is mastering new types of treatment for severe chronic and age-related diseases, because more and more people in the world are going to replace the hip joint with a prosthesis.
How to get a group of disabilities with Coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree
A person's condition progressively worsens, and it is possible to get a disability group. With the advanced degree of the disease, all necessary indications are present for this. First of all, you should consult your trauma doctor. The doctor will appoint all necessary examinations, diagnostic and laboratory tests, which are necessary for medical and social expertise. It is better to have previously made X-ray pictures, information about previously conducted inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Physicians of medical and social expertise in each case decide the issue of disability. Most often, with Coxarthrosis, two groups of disability are assigned, after which a person has the right to apply for a quota for free endoprosthetics.