How and how to treat osteochondrosis: the most effective ways of
Osteochondrosis is a fairly common disease, as a result of which the ligamentous apparatus of the spine is affected. There are a lot of reasons for the development of this pathology, but all of them ultimately lead to a metabolic disorder directly in the intervertebral discs. The disease is much more often affects women, but it is much more painful for men. Therefore, to know what to treat osteochondrosis and how to do it is absolutely necessary for everyone.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
Before starting to treat osteochondrosis or seek medical help, you should carefully listen to your body and try to answer yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a permanent or periodic heaviness in the back, excessive tension or numbness of the musclesback?
- Have you ever felt "goose bumps" on the skin of the waist, back, neck?
- Have you ever had a so-called "lumbago" in the lower back or attacks of aching pain in your hands or neck?
- Does it hurt you to lift your arms normally?
- Do frequent dizziness attacks occur? Is there noise in the ears or nausea?
- Is there numbness in the neck, hands, or back?
If at least one response is positive, you are advised to seek medical advice without delay. Initially, it can be a local therapist who will direct you to a specialist if necessary.
Diagnosis of osteochondrosisIn order to choose the most effective treatment for osteochondrosis, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of its development and the degree of damage to the organism, which is impossible without complete diagnostics. As a rule, the complex of all necessary procedures is conducted under the guidance of an orthopedist, neuropathologist or vertebrologist. The presence of osteochondrosis is confirmed by the presence of appropriate symptoms, the history of the disease and after a complete examination.
Together with osteochondrosis, when a patient is examined, the doctor usually finds scoliosis( curvature of the spine), soreness at certain points and excessively strained muscles on either side of the spine.
In order to clarify the diagnosis, X-ray examination of the spine, computed tomography and nuclear magnetic resonance are performed.
How to treat osteochondrosis?
First and foremost, it is important to understand that the greatest success in the treatment of osteochondrosis can be achieved only if you cooperate with your doctor - any self-medication can lead to a deterioration in your health.
So, the treatment of the osteochondrosis of the spine is always quite complex and includes many components:
- Surgical treatment;
- exercise therapy;
- The right diet.
In addition, the patient is recommended to comply with bed rest, which, however, is almost impossible. Therefore, doctors advise to just lie more often on a hard surface, including, and during sleep. However, if the pain attacks are strong enough, it is best to minimize the mobility of the spine and contact the doctor more quickly.
Osteochondrosis can be treated with light physical exertion. It beneficially affects all parts of the spine, improving metabolism and gradually repairing damaged intervertebral discs. As a result, the mobility of the spine improves, and the muscles located next to it, up to the disability of the person, are strengthened.
There are many options for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis. Most often they are designed for one of the departments and the spine( cervical, lumbar, thoracic).The first exercise LFK must take place under the control of the coach, as improper execution threatens with serious consequences. In the future, you can practice physical therapy at home.
What herbs to treat osteochondrosis? With the confidence to answer this question can only the attending physician of the patient after carrying out all the necessary diagnostic studies. However, the use of any medication for this disease is carried out in order to:
- Eliminate back pain and get rid of all the accompanying symptoms of osteochondrosis;
- Cope with the inflammatory process;
- Stimulate the regeneration of cartilage and intervertebral disc tissues;
- Restore normal functioning of the spine;
- Prevent further progression of the disease.
Pain ControlWe recommend that you read: Lumbar 2-Degree
- Osteochondrosis If lesions appear less than 1.5 weeks ago, NSAIDs( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Ibuprofen, Indomethacin and Diclofenac are used. They allow not only to eliminate pain, but also to cope with the primary inflammatory process;
- The pain started more than 2 weeks ago - painkillers or analgesics( Tramadol, Pentalgin, etc.) are used together with NSAIDs. In such a situation, the prescription of the above medicines allows to get rid of the pain and move on to the subsequent stages of treatment;
- Pain is observed for more than 3 months - simultaneously used NSAIDs, analgesics and antidepressants( Fluoxetine, Amitriptyline).Using the latter allows you to restore the psycho-emotional balance of a person and reduce his pain.
Remember, the frequency of application and dosage of medicines is prescribed exclusively by the doctor. Self-administration of any drugs is strictly prohibited.
Drugs for the treatment of osteochondrosis cause
As mentioned earlier, the main cause of osteoporosis is the destruction of articular cartilage and intervertebral discs as a result of metabolic problems. Proceeding from this pharmacologists have developed drugs called "chondroprotectors", which are aimed at regulating metabolic processes in the body and rapid regeneration of cartilage of the spine.
To date, the most effective drugs are the following:
Recovering patients after this disease is an extremely difficult task. To this end, the following methods are used:
- Laser therapy;
- Electrophoresis with muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory agents;
- Traditional traction;
- Individual therapeutic gymnastics;
- Manual therapy;
- Apparatus for the treatment of osteochondrosis( Frolova, Armos, etc.);
- Mud treatment;
- Baths( contrast, radon).
All procedures and devices for the treatment of osteochondrosis are used only during remission, i.e.at a time when the course of the disease is not accompanied by severe pain.
Surgical treatment of
The reason for surgical treatment may be later treatment of the patient, the presence of complications of the underlying disease( eg, intervertebral hernia, sciatica) or inefficiency of conservative treatment methods.
All variants of surgical intervention pursue the same goals: elimination of pressure on the spinal cord itself and its roots, as well as stabilization of the spine structure. If the patient has an intervertebral hernia, then the complete removal of the affected disc and the resulting hernia is performed.
Of course, surgical treatment assumes a certain degree of risk. Therefore, in most cases, such operations are carried out for emergency indications, and planned only in the most severe cases.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with herbs, tinctures, lotions and compresses can in no case be the main one. It should only complement the traditional methods of treatment. And even in this case it is important to consult a doctor beforehand in order to avoid trouble.
Traditional methods of treatment of spine osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the spine is often associated with pain, because it is invariably associated with the impact not only on the intervertebral discs, but also on the neurovascular, muscular and vegetative system of man. Sometimes it is difficult to understand what caused the pain, in addition, this disease tends to disguise and for other diseases. Traditional treatment of osteochondrosis involves the use of rather strong painkillers, but it happens that their reception does not give anything, or chronic painful syndrome requires a long course of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. But this is fraught with consequences, and patients often seek an alternative to traditional methods. This alternative may be the treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine with folk remedies is very popular among people and is an alternative type of treatment.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Any treatment - both traditional and folk - is primarily the elimination of the causes of osteochondrosis, most often associated with :
- inactive way of life
- by impaired internalexchange of
- with increased loads on the spine of
- infectious processes with hereditary diseases
There are many reasons for this, and of course, people's treatment alone is indispensable. Therefore, independent trips to healers or searching for infusions and ointments on the Internet can only exacerbate the disease.
Folk remedies - this is an additional method, which it is better to resort to in the recovery period. If you have an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, you need to contact a professional doctor who will help establish the causes of acute pain and prescribe the treatment of
. Any herbal decoctions and tinctures should usually be used for a long time, so that they begin to act. The pain sometimes arises so intensely that it requires the use of anesthetic injections and even therapeutic blockades, as well as muscle relaxant drugs.
If this is not done, there may be a myofascial syndrome, and it will be extremely difficult to break out of the closed circle of nervous and muscular pain .
Frequent typical mistakes in self-treatment:
- Applying hot compresses to edematous pain during exacerbation
- Bath with steam room with fever or hypertension
- Unmotivated "salt removal" from the body in osteophytes, which does not reduce deforming growths in osteochondrosis
- Direct massaging of vertebral patients
it is better to use folk remedies at various kinds of an osteochondrosis of a backbone?
In cervical, thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis there are various symptoms, and this influences the choice of means for treatment.
treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease folk remedies
Symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
Cervical osteochondrosis can be found at:
- Shane and headaches
- symptoms of cerebral circulation:
- dizziness and fainting
- visual disturbances, noise appearance in the ears
- Symptoms of vascular dystonia
- high blood pressure
- poor sleep and irritability
Such symptoms are caused by vascular spasms, blood stasis and nervous disorderss, so to treat cervical osteoarthritis necessary to apply appropriate means :
- inducing vasodilation and lowering blood circulation
- soothing nervous system and psyche
Recipes for treating neck
can offer treatment such means:
- Applying compresses( but not for acute pain) :
- The mashed leaves of burdock( hold them for five to ten minutes over the steam), attach to the neck, fastened with bandage or scarf
- You can brew the medicinal grass of burdock, and then put the broth on gauze anduse as a compress
- Vlepit of rye flour cake, bake it in the oven and hot to apply to the neck
- Well help also compresses of birch leaves
- Horseradish horseradish grated and squeezed juice that mix one todown with the vodka. Stretch the mixture with the surface of the neck
- Infuse about a week in 0.5 liters of vodka half a glass of elderberry. To rub the tincture in the cervical region
- Tinctures for ingestion :
- 250 g of needles brew in one liter of boiling water and insist for half an hour. Take two times a day after eating
- Also effective tincture of the saber( alcohol and water) - a great folk healer of bones and joints
- To calm the nervous system, tinctures are good from the root of valerian, motherwort and hawthorn. Drugstores sell ready-made drops with such a composition
- Other products:
- Coniferous baths before bedtime are very favorable for both nervous and circulatory system
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with coniferous baths very calms the nervous system and improves blood circulation
- And one more actually folk remedytreatment of cervical osteochondrosis, known since ancient times - these are leeches( hirudotherapy)
- But undoubtedly the most effective remedy for cervical osteochondrosis is a therapeutic exercise
- Coniferous baths before bedtime are very favorable for both nervous and circulatory system
Treatment of thoracic osteochondrosis of the spine
Symptoms of chest osteochondrosis
Symptoms of chest osteochondrosis, due to its close connection with respiratory and cardiac activity, are often manifested in:
- Chest pains that increase with breathing
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Angina attacks and arrhythmias
- Respiratory diseasesbronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia)
- Attacks of cholecystitis, pancreatitis and other symptoms of
Moreover, these are not true, but false symptoms of diseases, what is actually knownOsteochondrosis: they are caused by irritation of the autonomic nerves that connect the organs to the central nervous system.
How to distinguish a real heart attack from a vegetative-visceral symptom in a chest osteochondrosis?
- Heart attack
- Pain lasts from minutes to hours
- Not affected by movement and resting condition
- Decreased with cardiac intake
- Vegetative-visceral symptoms in chest osteochondrosis
- Pain may last several weeks
- Depends on the movements and receptions of analgesics( analgin, ketoprofen and other NSAIDs)
- Nitroglycerin or Validol intake does not reduce chest pain
Folk recipes for chest osteochondrosis
- Dandelion roots, mint, birch buds, coriander mix. Three tablespoons of the mixture pour boiling water( 100 g) and cook for five minutes over a small fire. Then add about 75 g of cream and the same amount of sunflower oil and cook for another twenty minutes. Rub the obtained ointment into the aching area of the thoracic region
- Pour the calendula flowers with a triple alcohol mixture from the vodka of camphor alcohol and triple cologne( all take 200 g).Infuse for two weeks
- Helping also rubbing with black radish juice or horseradish
- Spread the herb wormwood or flax seeds, put in a tissue pouch or wrap in several layers of gauze. Apply to a sore spot
- Tinctures of chamomile and peppermint: one or two tablespoons of mixture pour a glass of water and cook on a water bath for ten minutes. Drink half a cup in the morning and in the evening for a month
- One tablespoon of a mixture of lemon balm and orange peel pour boiling water( 0.5 liters) and after an hour of infusion add one teaspoon of honey and 20 drops of tincture of valerian. Drink 2-3 times a day for one glass for a month
- Simple but effective tools :
With the help of an ordinary dough roll, you can make a simple massage of the thoracic part
- Self-massage and kneading with the help of a rolling pin for the test :
- .back sections to the left and right of the spine from the shoulder to the lower thoracic part
- We lay down on the floor, and the rolling pin is put under our backs and we ride on it
- Back kneading by the bandage massager
Methods are contraindicated in injuriesosteoporosis, vertebral oncology
- Treatment exercises for chest osteochondrosis
- Self-massage and kneading with the help of a rolling pin for the test :
Folk treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis
Symptoms of lumbar osteochondrosis
- Back pain( lumbalgia or sciatica) giving to the groin, sacrum, legs
- Loss of sensation and numbness in the legs
- Tingling, chills, sensation of chilliness in the extremities
- Gynecological and urological problems, etc.
As in previous cases, such symptoms arise due to compression of nervous gossipone of which is the sciatic nerve
Recipes for the waist
Osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine can be treated with such folk remedies :
For the treatment of the loin, folk recipes of decoctions and infusions, rubbing and ointments, warming belts and other methods of
- are used. Drinking decoctions ofleaves of cranberries, thyme, cones of hops, saber
- Applying compresses from grated horseradish and potatoes
- Wearing wool belts warming waist
- Ointment rubs selfCooking:
200 g of pork baked fat mixed with beeswax and althea roots.
. The process of preparing this healing ointment is described in more detail in folk methods of treating hernia. Also here you can see other recipes that have long been used by the people. Both hernia and osteochondrosis are diseases of one and the same nature, therefore the means used for such treatment are identical in the first and in the second case.
Using them, do not forget to combine them with therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis .
Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies can be used in one complex with other methods of treatment :
- Manual therapy
Video: Self-massage of the neck
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
According to statistics, every fifth person aged 30 and older is at risk for lumbar osteochondrosis. The disease is quite common and at the initial stage it can be asymptomatic without manifesting itself in any way. And only one careless movement or a sharp slope can cripple the life of a seemingly perfectly healthy person. And, despite the fact that getting rid of the disease is not so easy, especially in the late stages of its development, the main place is occupied by the treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
Summary of lumbar osteochondrosisA new look at the treatmentAs the former "hard worker" was able to get rid of arthritis and osteochondrosis for a month? Further. ..
Our spine plays an important role in the normal functioning of the body and performs a protective function. The vertebral column consists of separate vertebrae, between which intervertebral disks are located. The main function of these disks is to amortize the static and dynamic loads that occur during active operations. And it is the spine that is in constant motion, assuming physical activity all day long.
Despite the fact that the spine is highly flexible, however its capabilities, like any other organ, are limited. Therefore, too heavy physical exertion, a sedentary and sedentary lifestyle, a different origin of trauma and bruises lead to the fact that one day a person is facing a sad fact. What's going on?
The fact is that the intervertebral discs of the spine wear out, lose the ability to withstand loads and begin to bend, protrude and parallelly squeezing the nerve roots and vessels passing between them. Therefore, it is not surprising that the first sign of osteochondrosis is a sudden pain that occurs during any movement. After all, the nerve roots are very sensitive, and under the pressure of the discs they become inflamed and cause severe pain.
As a result of this change, the following happens: the adjacent vertebrae take on the main load, trying to compensate for the deformed segment. However, over time, in the absence of timely and proper treatment, these disks fail, contributing to the fact that osteochondrosis begins to spread further and further. This situation leads to the fact that the spine is unable to withstand even the most insignificant strain, increasingly squeezing nerves and blood vessels and causing spastic and inflammatory changes.
In the end, the functions of the brain, blood circulation, nervous system are disrupted. It's no wonder that people soon begin to worry about such things as: frequent dizziness, headaches that are spasmodic, numbness of the limbs and other severe symptoms of lumbar osteochondrosis. Now every sneeze, cough, "naive" pull-up, easy tilt cause wild pain and stiffness of movements.
Causes of osteochondrosis
As medical practice shows, a number of factors contribute to the development of lumbar osteochondrosis. Among them, the most common are:
- too heavy for the spine of the load( lifting weights, a specific sport);
- "sedentary profession";
- frequent colds;
- physical and occupational injuries, bruises and lumbar injuries.
One of the important reasons is the genetic predisposition to lumbar osteochondrosis. There is a category of people who are born with a weak muscular system. Such individuals are contraindicated in heavy and overactive physical exercises, as their vertebrae and intervertebral discs wear out quickly, lose their ability to withstand stress, provoking the development of osteochondrosis.
Other reasons for the development of lumbar osteochondrosis are: problems with the liver and gastrointestinal tract, impaired metabolism, pelvic organs diseases( especially in women), nervous and mental state of a person. As a rule, diseases of the abdominal and pelvic organs( inflammation of the uterine appendages, prostatitis and others) cause pain, which in turn causes spasm and tension of the muscle tissues and vessels, oxygen starvation and development of the dystrophic process, as well as osteochondrosis of the lumbar region.
People with a weak psyche and nervous system, periodically experiencing depression and nervous stress, eventually face such a problem as lowering immunity. And the weakened immunity is a direct way to development of an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone. Therefore, these people should avoid stressful situations and pay attention to the state of mind.
Symptoms of lumbar osteochondrosis
One of the main and primary symptoms of lumbar spine osteochondrosis is regular pain, which is spontaneous and spontaneous. This indicates that they can appear both with careless movement and at rest. In addition, the pain can be localized and manifest only in the lumbar region, and can spread on the back and give to the buttocks and legs. Osteochondrosis is often characterized by a violation of the genitourinary system, namely, kidney pain, difficulty urinating, unreasonable discomfort.
The osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine may be characterized by other symptoms:
- , a disruption in the configuration of the vertebral segment;
- impaired mobility and stiffness of movements in the lumbar region;
- muscle spasm and disorders;
- frequent dizziness and headaches;
- worsening overall well-being;
- numbness of limbs, both hands and feet;
- impaired vision and hearing.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar region should be complex, especially at the last stages of its development. If at the beginning of the disease the patient can get rid of the symptoms only with medicinal preparations or physiotherapy( for example, swimming, running), then the last stages require a serious approach. Sometimes you have to resort to surgery to make life easier for the patient. In order not to bring oneself to such a state, at the early stage of osteochondrosis development one should take appropriate measures and spend their energy on treatment.
- eliminate all those factors that squeeze, irritate nerve roots and vessels;
- as much as possible to suppress the arisen pathological changes;
- actively stimulate recovery reactions;
- to form an adaptive motor stereotype.
All of the above tasks are amenable to successful implementation if one approaches them step by step, using all methods and methods of treatment. However, no method will give a positive result, if the patient himself does not follow the recommendations of the doctor and do not follow his health. In addition, an important role is played by the positive attitude and the willingness of the patient to bring the treatment to the very end. The main treatment is:
- use of medications that relieve pain and inflammation;
- physical therapy;
Each of these methods gives a positive effect, but how to treat osteochondrosis, will tell only the attending physician. Do not rely on your own resources and start treatment without the involvement of a specialist. Unreasonable and reckless actions can only harm and further aggravate the condition of the patient.
Treatment with medications
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine with medications has the main goal - to reduce pain and inflammation. Drugs should be classified by type:
- analgesics, having a symptomatic effect and producing a temporary effect( such are: analgin, baralgin, ibuprofen, ketonal and others);
- non-steroidal inflammatory agents that eliminate inflammation and swelling in the affected area( eg, indomethacin, diclofenac, butadione);
- muscle relaxants, eliminating reflex muscle spasm, but having a temporary effect;
- chondroprotektorov, improving the supply of cartilaginous tissue and reducing the degree of degenerative changes in intervertebral discs;
- diuretic, aimed at reducing inflammatory edema;
- drugs that improve microcirculation( trental, cavinton, actovegin) and contribute to reducing inflammatory edema, stimulation of blood flow, removal of pathological metabolic products;
- vitamins and minerals that help improve the trophism of the affected area and the discs themselves, and enhance the effect of complex therapy.
Very often, to improve the general condition of the patient, sedatives are prescribed.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine with the help of massage is aimed at stimulating blood and lymph circulation in the area of the lesion with the subsequent improvement of motor function, reducing pain syndrome, restoring strength and working capacity. The procedure and duration of the massage depends on the clinical manifestations and stages of the disease, the general condition of the patient, and his physiological characteristics.
Massage begins with light movements of low intensity, gradually increasing the load, and consists of:
- circular strokes of the waist with the palms until light heat appears;
- rubbing the waist with hands with closed fingers;
- small circular movements from top to bottom near the spine;
- massaging movements of the pain point in the lumbar region;
- fistlings back in the transverse direction( lumbar region and buttocks).
Therapeutic physical training
Therapeutic physical training in the treatment of osteochondrosis has a positive effect, since it helps to strengthen the back muscles, to get rid of excess salts, to eliminate the pain syndrome, to increase muscle tone, to increase the mobility of the spine, to regulate metabolism, and to form a strong muscular corset. However, exercise therapy will have a positive effect if it is performed regularly and correctly. Begin the exercises with the simplest and easiest, gradually increasing the load and complicating the program. Below is a set of exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis.
- Raise your hands and, on inhalation, reach up, exhale your hands in exhalation.
- Take hold of the support and climb from the heels to your toes.
- Stand upright, take your hands back, pull your shoulder blades on your inspiration.
- Raise your knees high, walking in place.
- Stand upright, reach up, inhale, raise your arms, lean forward as you exhale.
- Stand upright and turn in different directions.
- Perform circular rotations in both directions with the lower part of the trunk.
- Carry out circular rotations with your hands in different directions.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis gives the maximum effect if physiotherapy methods are used. The procedure is aimed at reducing pain and swelling of tissues, improving blood circulation, stimulating muscle fixation, activating the work of atrophied sites. Physiotherapy is popular in the practice of treatment of osteochondrosis methods:
Mud cases with cervical osteochondrosis
Virtually all patients with the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis outside the period of exacerbation for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes are shown mud therapy. The healing effect of mud is manifested in the normalization of trophic intervertebral formations, the improvement of vascular regulation, the resumption of normal operation of the peripheral and nervous systems, and the slowing down of the processes of arthrosis changes in the cervical region. Also, with mud treatment, the inflamed area warms up, muscle relaxes and, as a consequence, decreases pain.
The choice of mud temperature for applications in the neck and collar zone is determined by the peculiarities of the clinical manifestations of osteochondrosis. In the case of the application of mud with a low temperature, a more stable analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect is observed than with a high one.
Therapeutic effect is observed in the treatment of mud applications with a temperature of no higher than 40 ° C, and the duration of exposure should be less than 15 minutes. It will be expedient to perform 9 to 10 procedures, while it is desirable to conduct sessions every other day. Also, the so-called contrast mud applications are used, when therapeutic mud is applied simultaneously on the back surface of the neck and on the hands. At the same time, the temperature of the mud for the neck area should be 27-28 ° C, and for the hands - 48-50 ° C.The course of treatment of contrast mud applications includes 10 procedures lasting 15 minutes.
Increased attention should be paid to mud cure osteochondrosis, accompanied by various neurological manifestations. With such a lesion of the intervertebral discs, the vertebral artery is jammed and compressed by the cervical vertebrae, which leads to a violation of the venous circulation, vascular spasms and worsening of the trophism of the vascular walls. The application of mud on the collar zone allows to reduce or completely eliminate the irritation of the posterior cervical sympathetic fibers, normalize the vascular tone, relax the cervical and brachial muscles, significantly reduce pain. Doctors noted a significant improvement in the response of the muscular apparatus and vessels in patients with neurological symptoms already with 3-4 sessions of mud therapy.
It is worth remembering that mud treatment is not prescribed for cervical osteochondrosis at the stage of exacerbation, with persistently expressed pain syndrome, and also in the presence of significant neurological disorders.
Massage function in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is the removal of tension and pain in the neck muscles, improving blood circulation in this area, as well as restorative effect in relation to the whole body. This method, subject to professional implementation, can be used, as * treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home *.
Selected individually, in a professional version of the manual effect can remove pain in the spine, increase the amount of movement in the joints, adjust posture and improve blood circulation, lymph circulation in the neck, normalize metabolic processes.
The traction( traction) of the spine on special equipment is performed to increase the intervertebral space and restore the correct shape of the spine, thereby relieving pain and restoring normal blood circulation. The combination of stretching with such a method as * gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervical department *, gives excellent results.
The use of acupuncture in combination with other treatments makes it possible to make the treatment more effective, especially in the case of significant pain manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis, as well as associated neurological diseases, sleep disorders and mental disorders, obesity and smoking.
Drugs are given in oral form and in the form of gels, ointments and creams, as well as intramuscular and intravenous injections with the aim of:
- arresting pain manifestations of the disease( analgesics);
- removal of the inflammatory process( nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and spasms( antispasmodics);
- improvement of metabolic processes( B vitamins) and cartilage tissue regeneration processes( chondroprotectors).
To understand the causes and first signs of osteochondrosis, this video will help you:
Symptoms of the disease
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of which are quite common? We'll talk about this later, but for now consider the most common signs of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- Constant pain in the neck, with spreading to the occiput.
- Heaviness in the head, sensation of pulsation of blood vessels, headache.
- Sensation of "swelling" of the muscles of the upper limbs, weakness in the hands.
- Dizziness, with nausea and tinnitus.
- Impairment of hearing and vision, change in taste, "flies" before the eyes.
- Pain in the heart that does not stop( not eliminated) by the intake of cardiac drugs.
Without treatment, cervical osteochondrosis can lead to unstable blood pressure and impaired cerebral circulation.
Before you understand how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine of a person, it is necessary to conduct a complete examination of the patient. To this end, the following research methods are used:
- Radiography of the spine in 2 projections( lateral and straight).
- MRI( magnetic resonance imaging) is more informative. Scanning the spine allows you to more accurately determine the localization of the pathological process.
- The method of computed tomography is inferior in informativeness to the MRI method, but with its help it is possible to determine the presence of a hernia or protrusion.
- Electrocardiography( ECG), ultrasound( ultrasound), endoscopy. These diagnostic methods can be prescribed by a doctor to exclude heart disease, digestive system, central nervous system( CNS) and other ailments.
- Laboratory methods of investigation( general and biochemical analysis of blood).
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis - drugs, by surgery or other methods? The treatment plan is developed by the doctor after examining the patient and obtaining the results of the examination. In any case, complex treatment is applied, which is aimed at reducing the burden on the spine department, normalizing blood circulation and increasing the blood supply to cells that feed cartilage tissue, ligaments, and bones.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis with medicines? Drug therapy for osteochondrosis includes the following groups of drugs:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) - relieve pain and inflammation. One of the drugs of this group is Diclofenac. The drug is available for both oral and injectable solutions.
- Muscle relaxants - relax the muscles, relieve muscle tension in the neck and relieve pain."Midokalm" is an effective drug from this group that helps with exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis.
- Chondroprotectors and B vitamins - restore metabolic processes in tissues. These drugs are used both inward and in injections.
The regimen includes sedatives( valerian, "Afobazol") and preparations for the treatment of osteochondrosis, which improve blood circulation and strengthen the vestibular apparatus( "Betaserk").
How to treat cervicothoracic osteochondrosis? The auxiliary methods of treatment of the disease include: physiotherapy, exercise therapy( physiotherapy exercises), massage. Physiotherapeutic treatment of osteochondrosis is a therapy with drug electrophoresis, paraffin applications, diadynamic current.
The basis of physiotherapy - the impact on the affected area of the spine of various factors: cold, electric field, heat, radiation. Physiotherapy with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine stimulates the recovery processes in the human body, helps in the removal of pain.
Consider how to treat cervical osteochondrosis with exercises. Complex LFK is developed by a specialist in therapeutic gymnastics for each patient, depending on the diagnosis and the general condition of the person. It is desirable to perform all exercises in the position of lying or sitting. If gymnastics is preventive, then exercises can be performed standing. Daily gymnastics and yoga for the spine prevents the development of cervical osteochondrosis.
Unprepared people are not recommended to rotate their heads.
One of the simple sets of exercises for pathologies of the cervical spine:
- We keep the shoulders and head straight. Smoothly turn the head to the left until it stops. The same motion is repeated to the right.
- Slowly throwing your head back. We touch the left shoulder with our left ear. The same movement, only the opposite - with your right ear touching the right shoulder.
- We lower the chin to the neck. We turn the head first to the left, then to the right also.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with another set of exercises for strengthening the cervical spine:
Some patients prefer to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home. An obligatory stage of home treatment should be therapeutic exercises for the neck. From the traditional medicine for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, you can offer such a recipe:
Take dry juniper needles and laurel leaves( laurel leaves), grind them in a coffee grinder. Stir 1 tablespoon.laurel powder with 1 tbsp.a powder of a juniper. To this mixture, add 2 tablespoons of fresh butter. Thus, you get an ointment, which must be transferred to a glass jar and put overnight in the refrigerator. Rub the ointment on the neck in the morning and evening.
Methods of traditional medicine at all times are widely used in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine, but one should not forget about the variety of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. When treating the spine at home, it is impossible to determine the correct diagnosis. Where to treat cervical osteochondrosis - at home or in the hospital, the patient decides, but consulting a doctor and receiving treatment recommendations are mandatory.
We offer you to get acquainted with the selection of FREE courses and materials available at the moment:
- Free video lessons from a licensed physician of the exercise therapy department to eliminate back pain. The author of the lessons is a doctor who developed a unique method of recovery and treatment of all parts of the spine. The number of patients who have already managed to help with back and neck problems totals over 2000 !
- 10 most needed nutrition components for the health of the entire spine - a report on this link will tell you what a daily diet should be for your spine and whole body to be healthy.
- Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? It is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with effective courses of cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without resorting to medication.