Gout - treatment at home
Gout is an inflammatory joint disease caused by the long-term deposition of uric acid salts in the joints and surrounding tissues. Treatment of this disease is carried out in a complex way, and its main directions are as follows:
- compliance with diet and drinking regimen;
- physiotherapy treatment;
- surgical interventions( if necessary).
How to cure gout with medicines?
For the removal of pain and inflammation with gout, the following drugs are used:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
Colchicine therapy is of special importance - prolonged use in small doses of colchicine, which is able to stop and prevent gout attacks. The use of the drug is allowed only under constant medical supervision.
Also used for the treatment of gout are medications that reduce the concentration of uric acid in the blood. These funds are divided into two main groups:
- drugs that suppress the synthesis of uric acid in the body( uricodepressive drugs);
- drugs that enhance the excretion of uric acid by the kidneys( uricosuric drugs).
Treatment of gout with iodine
An ancient and very effective treatment for gout at home - iodine. It is necessary to lubricate the affected joints at night by a solution prepared from 10 ml of iodine and five crushed aspirin tablets. Top should wear warm socks or gloves.
It is also useful to make foot baths with iodine, which help reduce salt buds on the legs. To prepare a bath in 3 liters of warm water, you need to add 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 9 drops of iodine.
Treatment of gout with activated charcoal
In case of severe pain in the affected joints, a compress with activated charcoal will help with gout, which can be prepared as follows:
- Grind a handful of activated carbon tablets.
- Add a little warm water to get the gruel.
- Add a tablespoon of chopped flax seed or flaxseed oil.
The resulting mixture should be lubricated with sore spots, covering them with polyethylene and cloth on top. Leave the compress overnight.
Treatment of gout with
An ancient recipe is used to treat gout, according to which baking soda is used daily. For this, soda should be diluted with warm water or swallowed dry, with water. At the beginning of treatment, the dose of soda is 1/10 teaspoon, then it gradually increases to half a teaspoon.
Ointment from gout with kerosene
Sufficiently effective for gout is an ointment that is prepared according to this recipe:
- Combine 50 g of kerosene, 50 g of sunflower oil, ¼ of a chopped piece of laundry soap and half a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir thoroughly, avoiding the presence of lumps.
- Insist in a dark place for 3 days.
Apply ointment before bedtime to the area of affected joints, then wrap up with a cloth.
Prevention of gout
First of all, to prevent the development of the disease, it is recommended to limit the consumption of food products, the cleavage of which produces a large amount of uric acid. Such products include:
- meat soups;
- fatty and smoked meat;
- cocoa, etc.
Other prevention measures include:
- Refusal from alcohol and smoking.
- Control of excess weight.
- Increased motor activity.
- Sufficient fluid intake.
- Daily walks in the fresh air.
- Refusal to wear narrow shoes.
Prescriptions for the treatment of gout with folk remedies
The joint is destroyed from the destructive effect of uric acid crystals
When gout, doctors primarily prescribe medications, a diet, feasible physical exertion, and other methods of treatment. Folk remedies for gout have fewer contraindications and side effects than medications. Therefore, many doctors additionally recommend the treatment of gout with folk remedies. This is quite reasonable, since natural natural substances are sometimes no less effective than synthesized.
Why it's so important not to start the disease
People suffering from this severe disease complain of intolerable joint pain. Why do they arise? Gout gets a boost for development, as soon as the exchange of purine substances is disrupted. Because of this failure, salts of uric acid cease to be actively excreted, and some of them are gradually deposited in the kidneys, cartilages, joints.
Gradually develops gouty arthritis. With time, deposits of uric acid salts increase, and as a result of the inflammatory process, cone-like growths( tophi) can form. Most often they occur on the hands and feet. By the way, it's not for nothing that "gout" from Ancient Greek is translated as "trap for feet".
The arthritic joint is deformed more and more, and if the disease is not seriously treated, the joint bag can completely collapse. And this is already very neglected arthritis, getting rid of which is extremely difficult, and it is better not to bring the joint to a catastrophic state. How to treat this complication? The only way out is a surgical operation for the implantation of an artificial joint.
Periods of remission often alternate with periods of exacerbation. This is the difference between gout: its symptoms are weakened, then intensified. The agonizing condition lasts about a week. Treatment is extremely necessary, otherwise attacks will appear more often. And each subsequent will be stronger than the previous one.
Disease rapidly progresses and affects healthy joints
Gouty arthritis is an insidious disease. It brings not only pains that dramatically worsen the patient's quality of life, but can also lead to immobility. If the disease is severe, disability is inevitable.
How to cure gout? Alas, completely it is almost impossible. But weaken the painful symptoms of treatment can. True, this requires a lot of strength, patience and time, because gouty arthritis is a serious chronic disease. It is important to slow the progression of the disease and improve the patient's condition, and this can be helped by folk remedies.
Tips for Alternative Medicine
Compresses from gout
Hardly begins to play out gout, treatment with folk remedies will provide effective help. Compresses help to reduce articular pain. Usually they are made at night. The compress is fixed on the leg or arm and warmed with a sock, mitten or scarf. Treatment with folk remedies, as a rule, is long.
- Recipe No. 1. Mix 1 tbsp.spoon of table salt with 1 tbsp.spoon of honey, apply the mixture on a gauze napkin to a sore spot. The course of treatment is a minimum of 10-15 procedures. These ingredients can be alternated with 2-3 tbsp.spoons of red clay and 2 tbsp.spoons of wine vinegar.
- Recipe No. 2. Grind 3 heads of garlic to the state of the gruel, pour 0.5 l of 9% vinegar into the table, insist for 2 weeks, shake the container periodically, filter. Wet this bandage with a tincture and apply it to the arthritic joint.
- Recipe No. 3. Divide 2 kg of any raw fish, divide the fillets into 10 pieces and place in separate freezers in the freezer. Before going to bed, defrost the fish, put it on a gouty joint, cover it with a piece of polyethylene, fix it with a bandage and warm it, putting on socks or mittens. In the morning remove the fillet, and wash the patient's joint with soap. Carry out this treatment for gout 10 days.
Hand and foot baths
- Recipe № 4. In the arsenal of folk remedies for gout are popular and therapeutic baths. Prepare a decoction of chamomile: 50 g of dry grass with flowers pour 5 liters of hot water, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Then dissolve 100 g of common salt, strain. After the procedure, the arthritic joint should be wiped dry and insulated. Conduct treatment for gout should be at least 1 month.
- Recipe No. 5. Pour 50 grams of dry herb sage 1.5 liters of hot water, boil for 10 minutes, strain, add 1.5 liters of warm water to a comfortable temperature. Pour 2 l of this broth in the tub and steam the sick joints for at least 30 minutes, periodically pouring hot broth. The duration of gout treatment is at least 1 month.
- Recipe № 6. Pour 2-3 liters of warm water into the tub, dissolve in it 3-4 tea spoons of drinking soda, add 10-12 drops of alcohol solution of iodine, stir. Keep sick hands or feet in the bath for 4-5 minutes. Treatment for 10 days.
- Recipe number 7. In folk remedies for gout healers include and urinotherapy: they recommend daily soar inflamed joints in warmed urine.
Ointments, rubbers, pastes
- Prescription No. 8. The remedies for treating gout are also effective in the form of various flavors. Grind tablets of chemically activated charcoal to get about 1/2 cup powder, add 1 tbsp. Spoon the crushed seed of flax, pour a little water and thoroughly mix. At night, rub this paste into the arthritic joint, then cover it with a piece of polyethylene and fix it with a warm cloth.
- Recipe No. 9. This popular method of treating gout includes a mixture of pharmacy iodine tincture and aspirin. In 10 ml of tincture, dissolve 5 powdered aspirin tablets. Form a liquid to grease or rub on the night gouty joint, and then necessarily insulate it.
Infusions, decoctions, tinctures
- Recipe number 10. When treating gout, it is recommended to drink more infusion of alternatives. Brew dry grass like tea, only not with boiling water, but with very hot water. The amount of raw material is taken to make the drink golden and pleasant to the taste. Drink it in moderately hot form.
- Recipe No. 11. Pour 2 teaspoons of chopped dry grass of horsetail with 1 glass of boiling water. Infuse, warmly wrapped, 2 hours, filtered. Folk remedies for gout should be taken in strictly individual dosages, which must be agreed with the doctor.
- Recipe No. 12. Another popular remedy for gout consists of a saber and vodka.250 g of crushed dry root sabelnik pour 0.5 liters of vodka, insist in a dark place for 3 weeks, shaking the container from time to time.
- Recipe No 13. A decoction of cranberries is very effective.2 tbsp. Spoon the fruit with 250 ml of boiling water, boil for 12-15 minutes. Drink in divided portions throughout the day. Every morning, you should prepare a fresh decoction. The course of treatment for gout is at least 1 month.
- Recipe No. 14. Grind 250 grams of garlic, pour the resulting slurry 0.5 liters of alcohol or vodka, infuse for 10 days in the open sun, shaking the contents from time to time, filter. Take tincture in the morning on an empty stomach, washing down with milk.
- Recipe No. 15. Onion broth: 2-3 medium bulbs( with husk) pour 1 l of water and cook until they completely boil, then filter. Chilled broth is drunk half an hour before meals. Onion broth are treated for a long time, courses for 12-14 days with weekly interruptions.
- Recipe № 16. Pour 1 tbsp.spoon of crushed dry fruits of black elderberry 1 cup of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, strain. Drink should be refrigerated. Infusion has a diuretic and disinfectant effect, improves metabolism.
- Recipe № 17. Slice 3 apples of medium size, pour 1 l of water, boil 10-12 minutes, insist, wrapped well, 3-4 hours, then filter. Drink in a warm form as a tea. Option: brewing ordinary tea, you can throw in the teapot pieces of apples.
With diligent treatment, a stubborn gout is stopped, and the folk remedies are very effective. It is important to choose only such recipes that will be most effective for you. But folk methods of curing this disease can be effective only with proper nutrition.
Ration: what can not and what should be eaten with a gout
This can not be eaten!
Compliance with the rules of therapeutic nutrition significantly increases the therapeutic effect. There are even known cases when strict strict diet alone has significantly improved the quality of life of patients. This is due to the fact that dietary intake restricts the intake of purine substances, and their level in the body decreases.
In the treatment of gout, diet No. 6 is used. Its basic principles are simple:
- should be preferred to low-calorie foods;
- should be eaten regularly and fractionally, 4-5 times a day;
- it is important to drink plenty of fluids, about 3 liters with gout exacerbations and 1.5-2 liters during remission;
- to get rid of extra pounds should be gradually, dropping no more than 1-2 kg per month;
- absolutely can not overeat or starve.
There is an opinion that with exacerbations of this disease it is useful to get hungry. This is fundamentally wrong. Any hunger diet, even for weight loss, even for the purification of the body, with gout is categorically contraindicated. The patient's condition will only worsen!
So, how do you compose a curative menu? It is necessary to give up food, in which there are many purine compounds. These are such food products and dishes as:
- meat, fish and mushroom first courses;
- meat and fish of fatty varieties, by-products, sausages, animal fats;
- any canned food, pickles, smoked products;
- beans, mushrooms, sorrel, cauliflower, spinach;
- fatty, sharp, salty cheeses;
- chocolate, cocoa;
- alcohol( primarily beer and wine), strong coffee and tea: they exacerbate joint pain;
- spices, spices( except vinegar and bay leaves).
Eliminate salt from the
diet What does the diet limit? Strictly - consumption of table salt. Meat, fish can and should be, as it is a source of proteins. But only lean, not more than 300 grams per week and only in boiled, stewed or baked form.
Treatment of gout does not allow any fried second courses! From time to time, you can include in the diet boiled chicken eggs. In reasonable quantities, you need to eat bread, boiled potatoes, pasta.
You also need to consume more foods that activate the excretion of uric acid from the blood and prevent the deposition of its salts in the tissues. Treatment of gout at home should be done, including light vegetable and milk soups, various cereals, dairy products, fresh vegetables, especially eggplants, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes( limited), as well as garlic, walnuts, hazelnuts.
Of fruits, apples and citrus fruits are most useful: they reduce articular pain. Good and juices, but only freshly squeezed. Regularly drink alkaline mineral water: it speeds up the removal of purines from the body.
It is proved that the diet significantly facilitates the course of gout. Therefore, strict compliance with it is necessary in the complex treatment of this insidious disease.
Treatment of gout on the legs - ways to treat gout and getting rid of gout at home - Healthy age
Criteria for diagnosing gout
Symptoms of the disease
In 2000, WHO adopted diagnostic criteria that made it possible to verifiably verify the diagnosis of "Gout".Each clinician of the therapeutic profile must follow the scheme adopted in this document in his diagnosis.
The first diagnostic sign is the detection of urates with intra-articular fluid puncture. This sign is revealed by performing a puncture of the joint cavity, which in itself is a very painful procedure.
The second sign, pathognomonic and mandatory for the diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of tofus - accumulations of urates in soft tissues. This symptom, as a rule, is detected with a simple clinical examination by an experienced doctor and does not require additional instrumental diagnostic methods.
The third prerequisite for a verified diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of at least half of the following symptoms:
more than 1 case of an exacerbation of a gout in the anamnesis;
- the most pronounced inflammation of the joint in the first day of the disease;
- defeat only one joint, without involvement in the process of neighboring;
- redness of the skin above the affected joint;
- swelling or acute pain most often localized in the I metatarsal joint on the foot;
- increase in urate concentration in urine;
- unilateral lesion of the joints of the foot;
- unilateral lesion of the first metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetric swelling above the affected joint;
- detection of subcortical cysts on radiographs;
- not revealing flora in the joint fluid.
Despite a large number of the above symptoms, the greatest diagnostic value still have: the detection of urates in the synovial fluid, gouty attacks in the history and the detection of tofusov. As a rule, these three manifestations are sufficient for the conclusion that this patient is ill with gout.
As can be seen from the clinical picture described above, the most characteristic for gout is the damage to the joints on the legs, namely the I-flat-phalanx joint.
Treatment of gout
Given the poly-physiology and variety of gout manifestations, the approach to its treatment should also be comprehensive, taking into account all the pathological processes that develop with this disease.
In connection with this, the following mandatory directions are singled out in the treatment of gout:
Treatment of gout
Coping with a painful attack( with exacerbation of gout, or, so-called "gouty attack");
- Achieving a stable remission and preventing new exacerbations of the disease;
- Recurrence of complications of the disease associated with the deposition of urate in various organs and tissues;
- Treatment of comorbidities aggravating the course of gout( treatment of obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, arterial hypertension)
- Prevention of nephrolithiasis development due to disruption of urate metabolism.
Treatment of manifestations of acute gout with lesions of the Iplusne-phalangeal joint of the foot
Treatment of acute gouty attack, or "gouty attack" has a number of features and it is aimed mainly at arresting the pain syndrome, removal of the inflammatory process in the joint( most often Iom metatarsus phalanxon the foot) and improvement of the general condition of the patient.
In gouty arthritis, colchicine is most often used as an anti-inflammatory drug. This is a proven tool for years that has proven effective in stopping a gout attack.
Colchicine is administered at a dose of 0.5 mg every hour or 1 mg every 2 hours until the symptoms of gout exacerbation subsided. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 6 mg.
In the absence of the effect of the introduction of an hourly total dose of 6 mg, colchicine is canceled and proceeds to the introduction of a drug more powerful in its effect drugs. However, most often this scheme of treatment is effective and brings relief, according to different data, from 75 to 80% of patients.
An unpleasant side effect from the use of this drug are unpleasant manifestations of the gastrointestinal tract( nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).Often the severity of these adverse reactions reaches such a strength that it goes one level with the actual manifestations of gout itself and require separate treatment.
Colchicine can be administered intravenously and orally. With intravenous administration of colchicine, nurses should be extremely cautious, because of non-compliance with the technique of performing colchicine injection, it can enter neighboring vessels and cause severe pain at the site of injection, and subsequently - necrosis. Another unpleasant side effect of colchicine is the development of allopecia, in other words, hair loss, baldness. In high doses colchicine can cause depression of the respiratory center and even death, so doctors should be extremely cautious in prescribing this drug.
Other anti-inflammatory drugs that have shown a good result in stopping gouty attacks are: phenoprofen, indomethacin.
Indomethacin is prescribed at the starting dose of 75 mg, after which the patient is administered an additional 50 mg of the drug every 6 hours until the symptoms subsided. After the attack managed to stop, the intervals in the administration of the drug are increased to 8 hours. Thus, the patient is administered indomethacin in a maintenance dose of 50 mg every 8 hours. Indomethacin can also quite often, as an adverse event, cause disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract to reduce mood( up to the development of depression).
However, the toxicity of this drug is still significantly lower than colchicine, thereforeindomethacin is the drug of choice for arresting an attack of gouty arthritis.
When colchicine and NSAIDs are ineffective, patients are shown intra-articular injections of glucocorticoids. In this case, drugs containing cranocorticosteroids may be prescribed for oral administration. In this case, you should also be extremely careful with dosages and do not overdo it.
How to treat gout at home
Many patients are supporters of having to treat manifestations of gout on their legs at home. There are a number of folk methods of treating gout. To one of the most effective ways to combat the manifestations of gout at home, one can attribute adherence to diet and the fight against obesity.
Diet for gout
Disease The principle of nutrition for gout is that it is necessary to sharply limit the intake of foods that increase the formation of urates in the body during their metabolism. These are products containing purines.
For the most part it is meat and fish. For this reason, a vegetarian diet is recommended for gout. With a sharp restriction of the amount of proteins consumed.
In addition, patients suffering from gout should sharply limit the amount of alcohol consumed, as this dramatically increases the likelihood of exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, it should be noted that in recent years, a number of clinical studies have shown that weight loss has a beneficial effect on the development of remission and contributes to reducing episodes of exacerbations in gout.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that it is extremely important for patients with gout to reconsider their lifestyle. It is not for nothing that gout has long been considered a disease of people prone to lush festivities, overeating and consuming a large amount of alcohol. And despite the fact that at the moment the role of hereditary factors in the formation of this pathology is proved, the values and such factors as healthy nutrition, moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and spices, physical activity and a mobile way of life should not be diminished.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout
Widely used to treat gout is also traditional medicine. It is a different kind of ointments, tinctures, decoctions, etc.
Ointments and their use
A. Ointment for the treatment of gout according to the old prescription
This ointment has long been widely used by the Slavs in order to treat gout at home. To prepare the ointment, take the butter and alcohol. Mix the ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio. Then evaporate the alcohol from the mixture - and the ointment is ready!
B. Treatment of gout with iodine
Another well-known folk method that allows treating gout at home is iodine-based compresses. In order to prepare a composition for compresses, mix 10 ml of iodine and 5 tablets of aspirin.
Remember! Before you start to treat gout at home, be sure to consult a doctor! Otherwise, such treatment is not only inefficient, but also dangerous! At the first manifestations of gout symptoms - go for treatment to an experienced doctor.
How to treat gout withiodine
Gout, this is one of the varieties of bone disease, when uric acid salts accumulate intensively in the joints, provoking an inflammatory process and degenerative changes in the bone structure. The disease can spread to different groups of joints, but in most cases it affects the big toes, causing difficulties in walking. It flows, as a rule, in a chronic form, with periodic exacerbations, characterized by acute inflammation and pronounced pain. Gout requires timely comprehensive treatment of medicines and folk remedies, otherwise it can lead to joint destruction and damage to internal organs. If medication should be prescribed by a specialist, based on tests, then treatment with folk remedies can be done independently.
To help doctors - the treatment of gout with folk remedies
Every person's body is absolutely individual, even doctors do not always know how the prescribed medication will affect the patient, that's when using alternative methods of exposure you need to be careful. It is better not to take risks, taking in various tinctures and decoctions, but external folk remedies may well bring relief and do no harm. The disadvantages of alternative medicine include the complexity of preparing many formulations, in view of the rarity of the components. In the case of gout, it is possible to treat so accessible folk remedies that they are in every house without exception. One of such assistants is iodine: it costs very cheaply, has practically no contraindications and successfully treats manifestations of gout.
Iodine treatment with gout
Treatment of gout with iodine is a method that, against the background of its simplicity and cheapness, is very effective and absolutely harmless, it's not for nothing that iodine mesh is made even for young children. Although many experts are skeptical, and the success of this effect is attributed to auto-suggestion, iodine does treat and brings relief, helping with gout on legs. The therapeutic effect of iodine is based on its anti-inflammatory properties. With the extinction of the inflammatory process, which is inhibited by iodine, the pain sensations decrease, and the mobility of the joint improves. Of course, iodine is able to treat symptoms without affecting the causes of the disease, but for a person suffering from severe pain and such a remedy is useful. And if you treat with iodine in the early stages, there is a chance to forget about bumps and pains, gout is retired. You can treat gout with iodine in several ways, already tested by a large number of cases and recognized effective folk remedies.
- When iodine is combined with aspirin, its anti-inflammatory effect is greatly enhanced. At 10 ml, 5 tablets of acetyl, crushed into powder, are necessary. They are added to iodine. The mixture is shaken carefully. When the aspirin is completely dissolved, the grist becomes colorless and ready for use. It is best to apply the product at night, since after lubricating the joints it is necessary to warm and not disturb.
- Well relieves pain during exacerbation of rubbing from a mixture of iodine, ammonia and triple cologne. All components are taken in equal parts, the composition is insisted for three days, the finished product should be stored in a container of dark glass. Affected joints are lubricated several times a day.
- In 3 liters of boiled hot water, you need to dissolve 3 hours of baking soda, in which 9 drops of iodine are added. When the soda reacts with iodine, a strong chemical reaction occurs, which allows iodine to act more actively on the inflammatory process. Duration of baths intake up to 10 minutes, after, the steamed joint can be smeared with any rubbish with iodine and insulated. It is more expedient to carry out the procedure before going to bed. Treatment is applied only during remission.
- In 2 liters of warm water, add 4 tablespoons of table salt and 20 drops of iodine. The procedure lasts for up to half an hour, every evening. At the end, you can lubricate the joint with camphor oil, and on top with iodine, this will enhance the effect of the bath.
- In the decoction of chamomile pharmacies, sodium chloride is added, at a rate of 100 grams per 5 liters, after a complete dissolution, a teaspoon of iodine is added. Baths well relieve gouty puffiness, are used as needed.
- It is useful to soar the affected areas in a sage broth prepared from 100 grams of dry ground grass to 5 liters of water. After cooling the broth to a tolerable temperature, add 10 drops of iodine to it and take the bath for 15 minutes daily, before going to bed. After the procedure, the joints are lubricated with a frit, they are insulated. Treat gout in this way requires at least two months.
- In a standard vial of iodine, 2 aspirated 500 mg tablets of aspirin and freshly squeezed juice of one lemon are added, all thoroughly shaken until a uniform composition is obtained. The medium is impregnated with a gauze napkin and applied to the affected area, it is sealed with cellophane and wrapped. The compress is done all night. Treatment is conducted in cycles of three evenings, with a weekly break and is repeated until relief comes. If combined with trays, the result will appear faster.
- With concentrated extract from iodized salt and petrolatum, an ointment for compresses is prepared for gout, which heals particularly well in the early stages. In half a kilogram of salt, water is added, until dissolved, the emulsion is put on a weak fire and boiled to evaporate all the liquid. The resulting residue is mixed with 200 grams of petroleum jelly or interior ghee, it is also neutral. The finished ointment is superimposed on the cotton fabric and fixed. The compress is done at night and also fits well with herbal and iodine baths.
For good results, iodine treatment should be combined with the use of medicines and a special diet. It is not necessary to wait for a miracle instantly, the full effect of treatment by folk remedies comes after their long use, but a decrease in soreness of joints and reduction of inflammation will appear after several procedures.
Gout treatment at home: traditional and traditional medicine
Gout is a disease known throughout the world for many centuries. In ancient times and in the Middle Ages, healers in his books devoted many notes to him, writing about terrible ugliness and calling it the lot of aristocratic noblemen and kings.
The medical treatment of gout is different.
This disease is a chronic, painful manifestation, characterized by inflammatory phenomena and acute painful joint attacks.
Thanks to the successful achievements of modern science, the reason for its occurrence has ceased to be a mystery.
The terrible disease causes a metabolic disorder, accompanied by the deposition of uric acid salts in the fascia, tendons and bones.
It is generally accepted that men, whose age has overcome the mark of forty years, are more exposed to this terrible disease. The development of gout is facilitated by excessive consumption of meat products, alcoholic beverages, overeating, and a sedentary lifestyle.
What happens to the body in case of illness?
This ailment results from the gradual accumulation in the joints of uric acid salts - urate crystals, which occurs due to disturbances in the protein metabolism. Their excess provokes either disturbances in the excretory function of the kidneys, or the appearance of problems due to the excessively rapid accumulation of urate salts, since even healthy kidneys will not have time to remove them from the body.Gradually the salts of uric acid begin to be deposited on a certain joint, forming the pineal growths - tofusi. Their immune system of the body perceives, like all dangerous alien entities, elements and includes protective mechanisms.
As a result of this, the number of leukocytes in the blood of a person increases sharply, which begin to attack a joint that is prone to gout. Unfortunately, this protective effect of the immune system provokes only the reddening of the affected area, as well as the appearance of pain in it. In the absence of appropriate treatment, gout, like any other disease, has the property of progressing, causing complete destruction of the joint bag.
Other organs suffer from this disease, for example, kidneys. Deterioration of health causes intensive formation of uric acid, as it affects the formation of kidney stones and the appearance of pathologies such as kidney failure and pyelonephritis.
Read the record, which describes everything about vertebrogenic cervicalgia.
Detailed article, about what treatment for plecheulopathy periarthrosis.
Symptoms of arthritis of the ankle!http://spina-systavi.com /bolezni/sustavov/artrit/ kak-oblegchit-sostoyanie-bolnogo-s-artritom-golenostopnogo-sustava.html
- One of the main symptoms of this disease is paroxysmal pain. The most common place for gouty attacks is a small joint located at the base of the big toe. For the attack of gout is characterized by a rapid and unexpected appearance of painful sensations on the affected area, periodicity and regularity.
- Painful manifestations in the joints in this disease are accompanied by a rush of heat, redness, swelling and an increase in body temperature.
- Patients with gout often develop fever with acute pain attacks, the soreness of which can be so high that a barely perceptible touch to the skin causes intolerable pain.
- On the affected joint appears a cone-like outgrowth - a tofus nodule visible to the unaided eye.
Due to the fact that gout is a chronic disease, its attacks can stop for a while, and then suddenly reappear. Therefore, if you recognize the disease according to your symptoms, then immediately you need to start treating it, because after some time of calm it will necessarily make itself felt again.
Treatment - symbiosis of modern and traditional medicine
The first step on the road to recovery will be a consultation with a doctor with a follow-up examination. The chronic nature of the gout proceeds means that it will have to be treated constantly and systematically, which is the main difficulty in carrying out an effective medical process.
Lifetime treatment is universally accepted and the only solution in cases with many chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
What is the complexity of the treatment?
As a rule, the organization of a productive medical process is hampered by two factors:
- The first factor. It implies poor-quality education of a wide range of doctors who, due to their ignorance, are not familiar with effective methods and schemes for treating gout, new drugs, etc.
- The second factor. The lack of techniques and development to achieve unconditional adherence of patients to systematic treatment.
To cope with this disease it is possible only with the proper treatment of it, namely when combining techniques and medicines of modern medicine with folk recipes.
The medical part of the treatment of gout consists in the relief of acute gouty arthritis, as well as in the systematic conduct of secondary prevention of seizures. Folk remedies perfectly complement medical treatment, facilitating gout and reducing the likelihood of complications.
Recommendations of modern medicine
Complex treatment of this disease includes:
- Medication. In case of an acute attack of gout, doctors recommend keeping the affected joint in a raised position. Due to the fact that during an attack there is a lot of inflammation and pain on the affected area, it is recommended to start taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.Please note! When gout is not recommended to use aspirin. According to recent medical studies, this drug aggravates the course of the disease, since one of its properties is the slowing of the release of uric acid from the body.
In addition to anesthetic and anti-inflammatory drugs, doctors individually prescribe special drugs aimed at normalizing the level of uric acid in the blood, as well as the possible development of reverse tofusnyh processes.
- Physical Methods .In case of an acute attack, physicians are advised to carry out treatment of affected tissues with Novocaine electrophoresis. In the case of mild gout, effective mud therapy, aromatherapy, physiotherapy and massage will be effective.
- Proper nutrition ( compliance with the diet).It is not recommended to eat for gout: