What should be the therapeutic gymnastics for coxarthrosis of the hip joint?
Joints themselves are a fairly fragile structure. In their youth, we do not even think about them, considering their reliable work as something self-evident. But time goes by, the joints wear out, and the person remembers about their existence. Painful joints cause serious pain and severely limit the mobility of a person, and only then does he think about normal treatment. Fortunately, in most cases, treatment is performed without surgery, conservative methods, in which one of the most important places is therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Why does the disease develop?
Why does this happen? A healthy hip joint is very similar in structure to a hinge covered with cartilage. It is thanks to this cartilage and a certain "lubrication", located in the joint, provides the necessary freedom of movement. With age, the composition of this "lubricant" changes, it becomes smaller, as a result of increased friction and begins to thin out cartilage tissue. The result is the deformation of the cartilage.
Man's joints "wear out" over time. .
As a result of all that is happening, a person begins to feel pain in the joint and begins to redistribute the load, protecting the aching leg. But this leads to the fact that the muscles on the aching leg begin to gradually weaken and atrophy, and the pain only intensifies.
Given the habit of our people to engage in self-medication and pull "to the last" with a hike to the doctor, then we have an extremely unpleasant situation when people have to be treated already in the late stages of the disease. The process of deformation and destruction of cartilage at this stage is very difficult to stop, so you have to prescribe a lot of drugs that should anesthetize, relieve muscle spasm and inflammation of the joint, and help restore the affected cartilage tissue. But this is not enough, the joint should be developed, the muscles should be maintained in a normal state, otherwise the leg and after the treatment will not be able to function normally. A key role at this stage, as well as throughout the treatment, is therapeutic exercise.
Specificity of therapeutic exercises
Treatment of coxarthrosis in general is a rather complex and lengthy process. But a very important place in this process is curative gymnastics in case of hip joint disease. It is this that prevents the joint from growing joints and keeps mobility in it.
Naturally, you need to consider that the exercises will be performed with the affected joint, while they must help the patient, and not harm. That is why exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint have a certain specificity.
Features of performance of medical gymnastics
Such exercises can not be performed too vigorously and abruptly. The goal of the exercises is to develop the affected joint, rather than complicate the situation, causing additional trauma to the already aching joint. That is why the exercises are rather static, not dynamic.
It is very desirable to perform muscle massage in the hip and hip joint area before and after exercise. The same massage should be performed and with the appearance of unpleasant sensations during the performance of gymnastics.
Consider also the fact that exercises of exercise therapy performed with this disease exclude the axial load on the hip joint. Serious physical load, sharp and deep squats, excessive amplitude of movements - all these factors can lead to a serious deterioration of the situation.
A good assistant in the treatment of coxarthrosis is water. For example, swimming is very useful in this disease, regardless of whether you are swimming in the sea, the river or the pool. True, swimming can be practiced only if such an opportunity gives the physical condition of the patient. But a warm bath will make it possible to relieve unnecessary tension in the muscles and soothe the pain. Lying in it you can perform slow and smooth movements of low amplitude, so that the pain will decrease.
The most important rule that must be strictly observed during the performance of therapeutic exercises: do not perform those exercises that cause the appearance of sharp pain. The pain says that the joint can not yet perform such a task, and such an exercise, respectively, will cause harm.
Complex of exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The proposed complex is one of the most common, but it is necessary to take into account that the treatment of the exercise should be selected only by the attending physician, the complex is adjusted for each individual case of the disease. So:
Exercises performed lying on the back
The first "series" of exercises is performed lying on the back.
1. Hands lie along the trunk, legs are stretched. At the inhalation, we raise our hands upwards, on exhalation - lower them down. Exercise is repeated at a slow pace 6-8 times.
2. The starting position is similar to the previous exercise. It is necessary to smoothly bend and unbend your arms in elbows at a slow pace. The exercise repeats 6-8 times.
3. From the same initial position, one by one, bend and unbend our legs in the knees, making sure that the heels do not come off the mat. Exercise is repeated 8-10 times.
4. The starting position is the same. Straight legs turn inwards, after which we return them to their previous position. The exercise is performed 8 times.
5. When doing the exercise, keep your hands on your waist. Watching that the heels do not come off the floor, we spread our legs to the sides, after which we return them back. The exercise is done smoothly and at a slow pace 8 times.
6. Keep your hands on your belt. With the legs we perform the exercise "bike" for 10-15 seconds at a calm and slow pace.
7. Return the hands to the position along the trunk. On the inhalation, straight arms are raised upwards, on exhalation - smoothly lowered. The exercise repeats 6 times.
Exercises performed lying on the abdomen
With the further implementation of the complex the starting position changes, for which it is necessary to lie on the stomach.
8. The hands lie on the hips. You need to lift your shoulders and head, hold this position for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Exercise should be performed every two seconds as smoothly as possible 6 times.
9. The hands lie on the hips. Smoothly lift the straight legs in turn. Running 6 times.
10. In the starting position, we hold hands in front of the chest. Raise the shoulder girdle and perform 3 movements with your hands, similar to the movements when swimming in the style of "breaststroke".The exercise is performed 6 times.
11. Keep your hands in front of your chest. In the pelvic region, we contract the muscles and hold them in this position for a few seconds, after which we relax. With sufficient training, this position can be held for 10-12 seconds.
12. We change position and we lay down on a healthy side, we put a head on the arm bent in an elbow. After that, the patient leg is lifted and removed, then gently return it to its former position and relax the muscles. This exercise is performed 8 times.
Exercises performed while standing
13. Standing on a healthy leg, we rely on any stop( for example - the back of the chair) from the side of the healthy leg. After the adoption of this position, smooth( the main thing - not sharp) swings back and forth with a sick leg with a small amplitude. The size of the amplitude is determined by the pain sensations.
14. In the same initial position, we perform a circular motion with a foot. This exercise is performed smoothly 8 times.
15. We stand on both feet, leaning on the fence with both hands. Now we are doing half a squat, after which we return to the initial position. It is executed slowly 10 times.
16. From the same initial position, we rise on the toes, after which we smoothly descend. The exercise is performed 10 times.
Similar gymnastics is sufficiently effective provided it is correctly performed. It was LFK of this type that became the basis of the method of kinesitherapy. Everyone knows the old truth: "Movement is life."Therefore, a person should not completely limit his mobility, this never leads to positive results. Much more meaning has to move, but with an eye on your own well-being. This way a person can recover as quickly as possible.
However, it is very important to start treatment in time and strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor , because only a specialist can fully imagine the problem and determine the best treatment options.
What are the true causes of hip pain
The components of the hip joint( TZS) are the femoral head and the acetabulum in the pelvic bone. Due to the fact that the head of the bone is covered with cartilaginous tissue, it is able to move freely.
The main function of the joint is flexion and extension of the lower limbs, due to which a person has the ability to move and maintain balance.
Throughout a person's life, the hip joint experiences a tremendous strain, so it's not at all surprising that it often goes out of order.
As a rule, hip pain develops as a result of injuries, the most common of which is a hip fracture. Most often, elderly people suffer from it, as their bones lose strength with age and are unable to resist injuries.
But also the reasons for hurting the hip during walking are non-traumatic diseases, which in the course of their development affect the hip joint.
Causes of pain
Common causes of pain are damage to its structures or tissues located nearby - bones, cartilage, tendons. In this case the pain very often can spread to the thigh or drumstick.
Diseases that cause pain
Among the main factors that influence hip joint pain after walking are the following:
- Injuries to include stretchings of ligaments, tendons, and hip dislocation and hip fracture. Especially dangerous are such injuries in the elderly, since the treatment is much more difficult due to the reduction in strength of bones.
- Aseptic necrosis of the femoral head is a disease in which the joint of the femur dies. It occurs as a result of the cessation of blood supply to this part of the body. This disease is complicated by the intake of drugs based on hormones, as well as with antiphospholipid thrombosis.
- Osteoarthritis - mainly affects the elderly, characterized by destruction and inflammation of the hip joint. The patients note the sensation of acute pain in the joint, as well as the stiffness of the movements.
- Tendonitis is an inflammatory process in the tendons, which are commonly affected by people experiencing persistent heavy loads. For example, athletes are often at risk. With reduced loads, pain may not be felt at all.
- Infections - occur as a result of joint damage with streptococci, staphylococci, influenza virus. In this case, the patient develops a fever, the joint swells, it hurts during movement and touch.
- Tuberculosis of joints is a disease whose main symptoms are pain in walking and slightly noticeable lameness that increases with time.
- Bursitis of the astringent bag is an inflammation of the fluid sac that is located above the projection of the femur. Characterized by pain in the external part of the buttocks, which are strengthened by occupying the position on the diseased side.
- Hereditary pathologies, for example, Legg Calve Perthes' disease , which boys most often suffer from 5 to 12 years. It appears painful in the hip joint and lameness, which eventually progresses as a result of limb shortening.
- Tumor of bones and soft tissues - as an indirect cause of pain in the joint.
Pain characteristics and classification
Pain in the hip joint can result from intraarticular and extra-articular factors. In this case, the pains are of different nature:
- mechanical pain - occurs as a consequence of the load on the joint, subsides after a full rest;
- starting - appears after the resting state, at the very beginning of the movements, gradually disappearing;
- background pain - its name derived from what appears against the backdrop of inflammatory processes during movements involving affected muscles and tendons;
- night pain - occurs at night, decreasing during the day during movements, and is associated with stagnation of blood;
- pain arising from the dilatation of the joint capsule as a result of degenerative-inflammatory processes.
What you need to do first
If you have pain, you must perform the following actions:
- ensure complete rest to the sick leg;
- apply a cold compress to the lesion for 15 minutes to relieve pain;
- if necessary, take painkillers, for example, ibuprofen;
- immediately consult a doctor for advice.
Why not delay with treatment for pain inIf the time does not begin treatment, the diseases that caused pain in the hip joints will progress, after which they will already be quite difficult to cure. And with some diseases over time, the possibility of recovery is lost, as degenerative processes develop in the muscles and tendons.
As a result, it will also be impossible to get rid of joint pain.
Therefore, you should not joke about your health, thinking that the disease will pass with time itself. It is necessary to immediately consult a doctor without losing time.
The correct approach to the treatment of
If joint pains have arisen as a result of an injury, then for treatment it is necessary:
- Apply a cold compress to the site of pain for 15 minutes , repeating this action every hour. Two days later, on the contrary, you need to warm up. For example, apply an electric heater to a sore spot or take a warm bath. The water should not be hot at this time, approximately 36.
- You can rub the thigh with ointment, for example, using Fastum-gel .Do not apply menthol ointment and a heating pad at the same time to avoid burns.
- With severe pain, take painkillers - ibuprofen, paracetamol .
For infections, hip pain is treated as follows:
- is required to reduce the load on the affected joints.
- Conduct antimicrobial therapy, after consulting a physician about which antibiotic to use for this. It is worth remembering that the course of treatment should not be interrupted in any case, since the causative agents of the infection have the property of adapting to new conditions, ceasing to react to medications.
- It is essential that maintain its immunity by healthy nutrition, hardening, not leaving any infections without curing them.
How to diagnose a hernia of the Schmorl of the thoracic spine and further actions in the detection of the disease are described in detail here.
With arthritis you need to first consult with your doctor. For treatment use:
- Painkillers that do not contain aspirin.
- Special exercises aimed at developing muscles and joints. They help to reduce pain and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Warm and cold compresses.
- If necessary, you need to monitor your weight if it exceeds the norm. The less you weigh, the less stress goes to the aching joint.
- A physician can prescribe physiotherapy procedures that positively affect joints.
- To reduce the load on the hip joint, you can use a walking stick.
- It is not recommended to climb the stairs to the upper floors, run or other forms of intense physical activity, lifting weights. If this can not be avoided, then at least allocate time for rest.
With the tendon , the required actions are:
- reduced the load on the diseased muscles;
- limitation of movements that cause pain;
- application of a special bandage or elastic bandage on joints adjacent to the site of damage;
- performing exercises aimed at stretching and strengthening the muscles;
- use of special ointments based on capsaicin;
- the physician prescribes physiotherapy procedures;
- if the sciatic nerve is impaired, then traditional treatment is usually not very effective, so surgical intervention will be required.
With disease Legg Calve Pertesa needs:
- to ensure peace of the legs, when walking, use crutches;
- is prescribed physiotherapy, massage;
- with the neglect of the disease is applied surgical treatment.
For hip pain,
gymnastics often helps. Than
is threatened. If you do not apply on time for treatment, the pain in the hip joint can give various complications to leg health. It can be:
- loss of joint mobility;
- soreness of each movement;
- lost the ability to move over long distances;
- due to weakening of muscles and shortening of the affected limb develops claudication.
In conclusion, we can say that the hip joint - is a very vulnerable part of the body that needs to be protected. It depends on him how comfortable we will be in the city, how we will feel - it's understandable that, constantly experiencing pain in any part of the body, we will feel discomfort and our own inferiority.
Therefore, it will be much easier to avoid the disease than to engage in long and expensive treatment.As prevention it is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, alternate moderate loads with rest, fully eat, trying to consume more vegetables and fruits.
You also need to avoid catarrhal diseases, infections, wash your hands before eating. So you will maintain your immunity, which will prevent the occurrence of certain diseases.
Video: In case of hip fracture, it is important to do joint development exercises.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip jointCoxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint) is a disease that develops due to degenerative processes and circulatory disorders in the joint, characterized by a gradual loss of its mobility andpain syndrome. Significantly slow the progression of coxarthrosis with the help of timely treatment, physiotherapy procedures, as well as medical gymnastics.
Tasks solved by therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint is designed to solve the following problems:
- To reduce pain syndrome.
- Strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the joint.
- Slow down the destruction of the surface of the articular cartilage.
What exercises are useful for the hip joint?
The hip joint "loves" those kinds of exercises that not only strengthen the surrounding muscles, but also do not force the thigh to move intensively. For this reason, long walking, running, squats, all sorts of energetic legs with coxarthrosis can only exacerbate the situation. Favorably on the joint are static exercises, when the movements in the joint are performed smoothly, at a slowed pace and with a minimum amplitude( before the onset of pain), but with this there is tension and muscle training.
A typical set of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
- Starting position( IP): lie on the floor with your back up, legs put straight, hands straighten along the trunk. Raise the leg a short distance( the angle of the raised limb in relation to the floor should be about 150) and hold in this position for half a minute, and then quietly lower it. Do the same with the other leg.
- IP is the same. Alternately smoothly raise and lower the straight legs at an angle of 150, holding them at the top of the lift for a few seconds. Make 12-10 rises.
- IP is the same. We bend the right leg in the knee( angle of 900) and lift it a little distance from the floor, also holding it up for half a minute, and then gently lower it to the floor. Repeat with the left foot.
- IP is the same. Now we bend both knees in the knee( angle of 900), then slowly raise them slowly to a small height, hold them for 1-2 seconds and smoothly lower them.
- IP is the same. Slowly raise both legs, without bending at the knee, so that the angle between the floor and them is equal to 150. Then, keeping them in the raised state, smoothly bred and brought together 10-8 times.
- IP: we lay down on the side, bend the lower leg in the knee, the upper leg remains straight. Raise the upper leg at an angle of 450 and hold it for a half of a minute, then gently lower it down. Repeat by turning to the other side.
- IP: sit on the floor, keep your legs straight. Try to clasp your toes or feet with your hands, without bending your legs. We stay in this position for a few minutes.
Rules for exercise of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
- When performing gymnastics, it is necessary to choose a position of the body that does not increase the load on the joint itself. Training of muscles is carried out by increasing the number of repetitions of movements in each exercise.
- Exercises with dosed weights also strengthen muscles, without overloading the joint itself. This is achieved by using a special cuff or rubber band attached to the leg in the ankle joint area. At the same time, exercises are performed slowly, without expanding the amplitude of motion.
- During the day it is better to perform several approaches for 10-15 minutes. There must be several hours between the approaches: this will ensure better blood circulation and nutrition of the hip joint structures, which has a beneficial effect on its recovery.
- Physiotherapy exercises should be regular: that is, daily at least 5 times a week. However, it is contraindicated for the period of exacerbation of the disease, as well as if you feel unwell( for example, high blood pressure, etc.).In this case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Before performing the exercises for the hip joint, you need to warm up the muscles properly, doing the total warm-up or doing self-massage, and after the gym, if possible, take a bath.
- In case of severe arthrosis, joint pain is not possible due to pain, therefore, therapeutic exercises are carried out according to the method of performing micromotions when the amplitude of motion in the joint is only 0.5-2 cm.
Prevention of complications development
To prevent the progression of coxarthrosis, experts recommend:
- Timely treatment of joint injuries.
- Normalize your weight.
- Adhere to a predominantly balanced vegetarian diet, drink enough water.
- Regularly perform exercises of therapeutic gymnastics.
Joint gymnastics for the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and other joints
Many people with musculoskeletal problems have the question what is joint articulation, which is often recommended by doctors. The so-called complex of physical exercises, focused on restoring mobility in the joints and improving their work. It is attractive that they can be performed by people of all ages and complexions.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!A new means of restoring joints in 99% of subjects. The pain goes away 100%!Read more here - & gt;
Indication and execution rules for
Joint exercises are used to treat a variety of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and its rehabilitation, including gymnastics after hip surgery. During its implementation, blood flow, metabolic processes, joint mobility and muscle stretch are accelerated.
It is also applicable as a preventive agent against such ailments as rheumatism, osteochondrosis, arthritis and arthrosis. This charging is used even for newborns .For example, the gymnastics presented in video for hip dysplasia will be an excellent help in its treatment.
All exercises are performed slowly, as if sliding, with a gradual increase in the amplitude of movements. Do each of them need 5 to 15 times - the load is always selected individually.
Complexes of exercises
The complex of joint gymnastics develops flexibility, makes the figure beautiful and strong. It gives the necessary muscle load, strengthens the ligaments, and besides, removes excess fat deposits. But first of all, of course, the set of therapeutic exercises develops and strengthens joints, frees them from excess salts. On the video: joint exercises - exercises for the most problematic groups of joints.
Complex of exercises for shoulder joints
Pain of various origin in the shoulder is common - this is temporary overload, and serious problems with the musculoskeletal system. In any of these cases, therapeutic exercises for the shoulder joint are necessary.
As the basic exercises it is advisable to use the following:
- raise your hands up and pull them out;
- drag one or the other hand up;
- turn the case in different directions;
- make circular motions with shoulders;
- raise your hands and tilt them back, grasping your elbows with your palms;
- turn your left hand to the right and vice versa;
- elbows connect in front of the chest, place the brushes on the shoulders and twist them;
- take the weights and lift the limbs to shoulder level;
- hands connect at the level: chest, face, overhead - and push them against each other.
Complex of exercises for the joints of the hands
Gymnastics for the joints of the hands - one of the most mobile parts of the body, will have a healing effect for many people. After all, using the upper limbs, the day-to-day work is carried out, and therefore they are fundamentally kept healthy.
To this end, exercises are used:
- clench fists, bend and unbend them in the wrist joint;
- with one hand grasp the other and turn it to the sides, and then up and down;
- put one brush on another on a hard surface and with effort lift the bottom of them;
- set the elbows on the table, and, pushing them apart, connect and lower the brushes;
- putting his palms on the table, move your fingers downwards;
- actively squeeze your fingers from the top;
- make a "lock" and spread hands in opposite directions;
- touch the thumb of others from the index finger to the little finger and vice versa;
- press the palm on a small ball.
Complex of exercises for hip joints
The hip joint takes a huge load, provides movement and maintains balance. Therefore even small complications with it can cause a lot of trouble and seriously worsen the quality of life.
On the presented video - therapeutic gymnastics for the hip joint:
- sit on your back, press your legs to your chest and lower them to the floor;
- make a circular rotation with the foot in the hip joint;
- bend your foot in the knee, clasping the palm of your foot;
- pull the toe of the raised leg to the face;
- position the right heel on the left knee;
- then turn the lower limb to the side and straighten it;
- the right thigh is lowered to the left.
Gymnastics is useful after hip replacement to restore its motor activity. But in this case it is important to start gradually, with the easiest exercises.
Complex of exercises for knee joints
The knee is one of the most complex and vulnerable structures of the human body, which often suffers from various ailments. They should be treated on time, as limitation of leg mobility is a very painful sensation .
On the video - gymnastics for the knee joints, to the main exercises which include the following:
- lie down and pull your hands up and your legs down;
- heels alternately stretch downwards;
- raise the leg and point the sock on and off;
- make a "bicycle";
- bend your knees, spreading them and connecting again;
- the knee is pressed to the abdomen, the back is rounded and the forehead is pulled to the knee;
- place your feet wider than your shoulders and alternately lower your knees inwards;
- put the ball between the knees and squeeze it;
- turn to the side, lift the leg and pull up the sock;
- assume the sitting position, and, connecting the feet, raise and lower the knees.
Curative gymnastics is widely used after the endoprosthetics of the knee joint - replacing damaged areas with artificial prostheses. It will help a person to rehabilitate and return to an active lifestyle after 3 to 4 months after the operation.
Any medical gymnastics for sostavovimet a number of contraindications, to the paramount of them are acute infectious and oncological diseases. In addition, it can not be done with severe malformations of the nervous system, acute disorders of cerebral circulation and heart failure. It should be used only after consultation with a doctor with epilepsy and urolithiasis.
Musculo-articular exercises are shown not only for the treatment of complex diseases of the musculoskeletal system, but also as their prevention. After all, for its apparent ease lies a significant result - the body becomes light, and the mood is remarkable. Although its contraindications include non-common pathologies, it is always necessary for to coordinate a set of exercises with a specialist.
Osteoarthritis of the hip joint: treatment and prevention.
Coxarthrosis or deforming arthrosis of the hip joint is a degenerative-dystrophic disease affecting the hip joint, it is primary and secondary. The causes of primary damage to the joint tissue are not clear, and secondary arthrosis develops as a complication of various joint injuries, congenital hip dislocation, Peterson's disease and other inflammatory diseases. Treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint is long and depends on the degree of severity of the pathological process.
The clinical picture with this disease is typical. It is characterized by pain in the affected joint, stiffness, lameness and shortening of the diseased limb.
Depending on the severity of the symptoms of arthrosis of the hip joint, three degrees of severity are distinguished: at the first degree, pathological changes are minimal, and at the third degree a marked shortening of the diseased limb with atrophy of the hip muscles and destruction of the joint tissues is observed.
Traditional medical methods for treatment of coxarthrosis
All methods of treatment of coxarthrosis are divided into conservative and surgical ones and are applied strictly according to indications: the first - the second degree of lesion is well suited to conservative treatment, but at the third it is possible to restore mobility and return to normal life only by surgery.
Conservative methods of treatment of deforming arthrosis of the hip joint
In the complex of therapeutic influence on the pathologically altered joint, there are many means that, complementing each other, lead to restoration of functions, relief of pain in the hip joint and stabilization of the state of the cartilaginous tissue.
Drugs from the following pharmacological groups are used from medications:
- NSAIDs( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are prescribed in severe pain syndrome. Doctors like to appoint Piroxicam, Ketoprofen, Diclofenac and others.
- Vasodilators( Trental, Nikospan and others) are prescribed to improve microcirculation.
- Muscle relaxants( Midokall, Sirdalud) with deforming arthrosis are used rarely and with caution.
- Chondroprotectors( Rumalon, Dona, Structum, Chondroitin) are prescribed for the restoration of the cartilaginous tissue of the joint.
- The steroids injected into the joint( Kenalog, Hydrocortisone) are distinguished by an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Locally applied various ointments and compresses.
With good results in coxarthrosis, physiotherapy methods are used( electrotherapy, magnetotherapy, UHF, the use of lasers, light treatment), massage, joint extension, diet for control of body weight and therapeutic gymnastics.Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint has its own peculiarities. All exercises in it should be selected individually, depending on the degree of restriction of movements in the joint. They should not be too energetic and sharp not to injure the joint, and should not cause pain.
The complex is usually made up of exercises that strengthen the muscles surrounding the joint. Shortly before the gymnastics you should perform a self-massage of the muscles of the thigh and hip joint, after it - take a warm bath. It is also useful to go in for swimming.
Video "Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint"
In the acute period, it is recommended to walk with a cane to reduce the load on the joint with coxarthrosis of the I-II degree, and with the crutches at III.Do not miss the first symptoms of a hernia of the lumbar spine! In the absence of timely treatment, paralysis of the lower extremities may develop.
What is the spinal hemangioma and what are its symptoms you learn from this article.
Surgical methods for treatment of coxarthrosis
At the third degree of this pathology, only surgical intervention is shown. To date, with good results, endoprosthetics of the hip are performed.
Endoprosthetics is the replacement of a damaged joint with an artificial prosthesis. This operation is technically difficult, with part of the prosthesis implanted in the femur, and the second part in the pelvic bone. The prosthesis completely copies the normal joint and is designed to perform the same functions and withstand similar loads.
There are about 60 modifications of endoprostheses, which by type of prosthesis are divided into single-pole and bipolar. Unipolar endoprostheses are used when the joint head is replaced, and bipolar ones - with total prosthetics.
According to the fixation method, the prostheses are divided into designs that are fixed cementlessly, using special cement and hybrid endoprostheses. More popular prostheses with cementless fixation, that is, the bone grows into the surface of the artificial joint.
Endoprostheses are made of metal alloys and high-strength materials or ceramics, while the rubbing surfaces can be represented by the pairs "metal-plastic", "ceramics-ceramics" and "metal-metal".More common is the "metal-plastic" option, but the "metal-metal" combination is more durable: such prostheses can serve for more than 20 years.Complications of the operation are nonspecific, the same as for any other surgical intervention: inflammation, blood loss, thromboembolism, pneumonia. It happens that the prosthesis is incorrectly matched or a fracture of the foot of the prosthesis occurs.
Usually, before the operation, the patient undergoes a full examination, after which he is hospitalized one to two days before the proposed operation.
Surgery itself usually lasts from one and a half to three hours. In the postoperative period, antibiotics and pain medications are prescribed.
The complex of rehabilitation measures includes therapeutic gymnastics: on the second day the patient is allowed to sit down and perform static exercises to restore the strength of the muscles of the operated limb, on the third day the patient walks with crutches. Sutures are usually removed for 10-12 days. After that the patient is sent to a special rehabilitation center.
In 95% of cases after surgery the patient completely returns to normal life and can even play sports. With all the recommendations, the prosthesis can serve 15 to 20 years or more, after which the prosthesis is replaced again.
Video "Endoprosthetics of the hip joint"
Folk methods of treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint
At the initial stages of coxarthrosis of the hip joint, a good effect is observed from the use of traditional medicine methods.
- Lemon-honey tincture is taken three times a day for a month. The tincture is easy to prepare: three uncleaned lemon ground, pour three liters of boiling water, cool and mix with three tablespoons of honey.
- The tincture of the saber and elecampane is prepared as follows: 60 grams of raw material is poured into half a liter of vodka, and the solution is insisted for a month. Take the medicine 30 drops 3 times a day and use it for rubbing.
- A cabbage leaf, smeared with honey and fixed to the sick joint with a woolen scarf, removes the inflammation.
- Ointment from celandine is applied three times a day to the area of the affected joint. Prepare the ointment as follows: 8 tablespoons herb celandine scroll in a meat grinder and pour a liter of olive oil, insist two weeks in a warm place.
What are the forms of humeroparous periarthritis you will learn from here
The most effective methods of treatment of intercostal neuralgia are examined in our article http: //osteokhondros.ru/ Bolezni-oporno-dvigatel-nogo-apparata / Mezhrebernaya-nevralgiya.-Prichiny-vozniknoveniya-simptomy-i-lechenie.html
A little about the prevention of
Active lifestyle, normalized loads and preventive examination once a year is a good prevention of any disease.
Healthy diet and regular exercise allow delaying the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint for a long time.
Exercise for hip pain( Osteopathic physician Eugene Lim)
If you have low back pain, hip pain, leg pain, stretching exercises, pear-shaped muscles can often relieve pain.
The doctor-osteopath of the Health Center "Golden Heart" Lim Yevgeny Yurievich shows a few simple exercises that will help you remove pain, improve your muscles and overall well-being.