Treatment of transverse platypodia
Treatment of transverse flatfoot often occurs through various forms of foot-restoring devices, such as insoles in shoes, or even special shoes. Operative intervention is used in the treatment of flatfoot extremely rarely.
With such a disease as flat feet, every second person on Earth is familiar. If flat feet were not in their youth, this does not mean that in old age it will not overtake you. The foot may deform with age due to various external factors( incorrect shoes, load on legs, etc.).Now this disease is very often diagnosed in children. Flatfoot is a change in the foot. Doctors almost recommend flatfoot prevention. From the correct form of the foot depends our spine, and from it all the organs.
Treatment of transverse flatfoot in adults
The first and most frequent flat-footed clients are women. To look beautiful, they go to great sacrifices. Wear the wrong shoes, big heels, platforms blindly following the fashion.
In men, transverse platypodia is much less common. This disease can be in men, when they spend a lot of time on their feet and the whole weight of the body presses on them or aggravates the problem with the wrong footwear. According to statistics, the transverse flatfoot is found in the ratio 8: 2( female men).Also, the transverse flatfoot is transferred genetically along the maternal line.
The treatment of transverse flatfoot in adults is divided into two stages( a kind): conservative and surgical. The orthopedist doctor chooses the method of treatment, after examining the foot and taking an X-ray photograph. At an early stage, it is recommended to treat the transverse flatfoot simply with a warm foot bath. Recommend massages that the specialist does to correct transverse flatfoot. The doctor can prescribe corrective gymnastics and physiotherapy. When pronounced flatfoot designate wear special insoles or orthopedic shoes. Serious deformities of the foot are prescribed surgical intervention.
The most unpleasant thing about this disease is that it can not be completely rid of. The longer you tighten the treatment of transverse flatfoot, the less likely it is to cure. Completely get rid of transverse flatfoot for an adult is almost impossible, but if he was diagnosed as a child, then there are chances.
Treatment of transverse flatfoot in children
According to statistics, 60% of children aged 6 -7 years have flat feet. If you diagnose the disease in time, you can cure it and forget about it forever if you wear the right footwear. In fact, in young children, it is difficult to treat a transverse flatfoot. Only at the age of 12-13 years, when the arch of the foot is not fully formed, but the whole organism is in the process of active growth, it is possible to influence the proper formation of the foot. At a more mature age, the chances of curing the transverse flatfoot greatly diminish. This means one thing that a child will wear orthopedic shoes and insoles. Very rarely there are cases with congenital flat feet. Then the treatment begins with the moment when they have been diagnosed. For the treatment of congenital transverse platypodia children are prescribed plaster bandages or langets. When flat feet, children do not practice surgical intervention.
During treatment, you need to attach a lot of attention as a child walks. One should try to put the feet in parallel and lean on the outer edge of the foot.
Treatment of transverse-longitudinal platypodia
The transverse longitudinal flatfoot is associated with weak foot muscles. There is a movement of the foot muscles, the front part of the foot deviates to the outside, and the heel bone - inside. With transverse-longitudinal flat feet, people often suffer from swelling and pain in the legs. This type of flat feet is most often seen in women who wear narrow shoes with excess weight. In this combination, the stop incorrectly distributes the load and deforms with time.
Treatment of transverse-longitudinal flat feet is first carried out by conservative methods. The treatment package includes hot foot baths with saline solution, which removes swelling. Also recommended baths with chamomile, they will help with pain in the foot and relieve inflammation. From the physiotherapy technique for the treatment of longitudinal-transverse flat feet, electrophoresis with herbal preparations, paraffin applications is very helpful. To support the foot in the correct position will help orthopedic insole. If walking is disturbed, then an operation is performed, otherwise the transverse-longitudinal flat foot will lead to limited movement. Operative intervention will help to get rid of pain and edema, to eliminate discomfort in the foot.
Treatment of transverse platypodia insole
Unfortunately, the first thing that promotes transverse flatfoot is the shoes. Today, when we live in the modern world, walking barefoot is a luxury for us. Therefore, we suffer from flat feet and are forced to improve our shoes to make our feet comfortable. So for the treatment of transverse flatfoot orthopedic insoles and various arch supports were developed. Orthopedic insoles cope with their task in full.
They well cushion the foot, reduce the load on the feet. Before you buy yourself insoles, you need to consult an orthopedist. With the wrong choice of orthopedic insoles, you can damage the foot and exacerbate the flatfoot. For correct selection of the insole, you need to measure all changes in the foot. Ideally, orthopedic insoles should be worn not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of transverse flatfoot.
Surgical treatment of transverse platypodia
In modern clinics, surgical operations have been performed for many years to eliminate transverse flatfoot. Surgical intervention is prescribed in the case when conservative treatment does not yield any results, and the pain in the foot increases, the foot deforms further. Most often, the essence of the operation is, to change the angle between the bones of the foot and to correct the transverse arch. After surgical intervention, the foot restores correctly, pain and leakage disappear. An important fact is that after surgery the transverse flatfoot will no longer return.
Folk treatment of transverse platypodia
Folk treatment of transverse flatfoot implies physical exercises. No herbal tincture can cure platypodia, but it helps to reduce pain and leakage. To relieve fatigue, chamomile and various coniferous plants will help. They should be added to salt baths. A good effect is observed when walking on tracing paper. You can also make a special rug with different pebbles, which have different shapes and sizes, and walk on them. A somewhat unusual, but effective method can be accounting accounts. Stop putting on the abacus and doing a massage. It is very useful to walk barefoot, even on level ground. This implies walking not on the asphalt, but on the grass. A good effect is the rocking of the bottle with his feet on the floor. If such exercises are done qualitatively and for a long time, the result will not be long in coming.
Treatment of transverse flatfoot 2 degrees
First you need to understand what a transverse flatfoot 2 degrees. In medicine, there are three degrees of flatfoot. The second degree is the level of the arch of the foot from 141 to 155 °, the height of the vault is 24-17 mm.
The second degree of transverse flatfoot is characterized by an angle increase of up to 15 degrees. The pain mainly comes from the middle metatarsal bone located under the heads. At the second degree, the corns become more and more, and continue to grow. The thumb twists and grows inside. At this stage, the pain becomes more significant with loads on the foot.
Treatment of transverse flat feet of the 2 nd degree consists in wearing orthopedic footwear and restricting interruption in an upright position. Massages, physiotherapeutic procedures and therapeutic gymnastics are very effective. Often, an orthopedic doctor recommends surgery. After surgery, the transverse flatfoot of the 2nd degree completely disappears and does not return.
Treatment of transverse flatfoot exercises
Treatment of transverse flatfoot with physical exercises( LFK) is to strengthen the ligament and the muscle of the foot. Therapeutic exercises should be performed every day for 15-20 minutes, and it is better to do several approaches. Treatment exercises are effective only with transverse flat feet. Such therapeutic exercise is the following process. Connect the straightened legs so that the knees and feet touch one. Try to unbend the left foot and start the front part under the right foot. Repeat for the other leg. Repeat this exercise for 10-15 minutes.
For the following exercises you need to sit down. Take a small ball and try to lift the inside of the foot. Lay out small items on the floor, these can be pencils, batteries, pens and try to collect these objects with your toes. Take a newspaper or paper and crumple your feet.
For the following exercises you need to take standing positions. Be like on the outer foot while bending your fingers. Also, walk around the room on tiptoe.
Physical exercises is one of the components of successful treatment of transverse flatfoot.
Longitudinal and transverse flat feet - symptoms, causes and diagnostics, degrees of flatfoot
. It would seem that the banal and nauseating saying that the best medicine is the prevention of the disease, nevertheless, so it is. Our way of life and constant disregard for our own health, we create greenhouse conditions for the development of such seemingly innocuous diseases as transverse or longitudinal flat feet.
As it always happens, a person lives, does not grieve, and suddenly, with nothing from anything, he begins to ache. It does not matter what. This can be the spine, stomach or joints. Doctors treat, the patient drinks tablets, but there is no sense, the disease does not pass. This is due to the fact that often the consequences and symptoms are treated, but not the cause, which can be very difficult to determine. And the cause of these and many other diseases often become an ordinary platypodia.
Let's study the "experimental" in detail and find out how to treat flatfoot and how it affects the human body
Flat-footedness can be the cause of almost every organ in our body!
Effect of flat feet on the human body
Flat-footedness is a very insidious disease. It barely shows itself until it's too late. Normally, the profile of our foot is an arc, both in the transverse( at the base of the fingers) and in the longitudinal section( the inner side of the foot).With developing flat feet, the foot flattenes and the arch of the foot drops downward. If the arch is straightened along the foot, then speaking of longitudinal flatfoot, and if transverse, then such a flat foot is called transverse, respectively. It would Seem, well it was straightened out and it is fine, more steadily I shall stand, but is not present, quite the other way.
The main purpose of the foot in our body is to quench and absorb shock loads that occur when walking or running. The feet can be compared to the shock absorbers in the car. What happens if the vehicle has been hit by shock absorbers? All the bumps on the road begin to affect the car's interior and expose it to considerable wear and tear, the car's handling deteriorates, it shakes on the road, the metal breaks, the nuts fall. ..
A normally working foot extinguishes about 2/3 of the shock loads received by a person when walking or running. With flatfoot, the impact on the joints and spine increases many times and all the strokes received during the movement only soften slightly, reach the brain and thoroughly shake it. From here there are headaches.
In the human body, the cushioning functions of the "non-working" feet are forced to take on the spine and all the joints of the legs. As a result, the joints begin to wear out, get sick and we get arthrosis, osteoarthritis and pelvic diseases, and the spine, compensating for the increased loads and uncharacteristic loads, trying to save the brain from the last traumatic effect, leads to a scoliosis, osteochondrosis, develops radiculitis and there are intervertebral hernias. All parts of our body are very closely related to our spine, and any of its disturbances caused by flat feet inevitably begin to influence the operation of all internal organs, resulting in diseases that at first glance are not associated with the supporting motor apparatus.
Flat feet become the cause of various disorders of coordination of movements and balance, eventually lameness develops and all this is further aggravated by stagnation of blood in the legs, leading to such a terrible disease as varicose veins. Because of problems with the blood flow in the legs, the cardiovascular system starts to fail. And this is still far from a complete list of all the consequences of the developed longitudinal or transverse platypodia.
This is the result, the cause-and-effect chain. It would seem that a small defect in one organ entails a failure in the work of all other parts of the body. And the most unpleasant in all this is that a person thinks about the problem only when the spine and joints begin to ache, and hence the longitudinal, transverse or even a combination of them, which is the so-called longitudinal-transverse flatfoot, has already developed and the spring-loaded spring-loaded functions do not workfeet.
I hope I convinced you that flat feet, this is a very serious disease and its timely diagnosis is extremely important.
Before I teach you to diagnose this disease in your body, let's try to understand the reasons for its occurrence.
Causes of flatfoot
Basically, flat feet are acquired, and for various reasons, and the disease can develop at any age. Congenital flatfoot is a rare occurrence, and there's nothing to be done about it, unfortunately, it's impossible to prevent it, unlike what was acquired.
Acquired platypodia is of three kinds
Paralytic flat feet arise from the paralysis of the foot muscles caused by polio. Decrease in strength of bones arising from rickets leads to rachitic flat feet. The cause of traumatic platypodia, as the name implies, is various kinds of trauma and fractures of the foot bones, as well as damage to soft tissues directly related to it.
Still, the main reason for the appearance of flat feet is our unhealthy lifestyle: low physical activity, which leads to weakening muscles supporting the foot, obesity, shoes with heels, work associated with prolonged standing.
Symptoms and Diagnosis of Platypodia
How to determine flat feet? The following signs and symptoms of flatfoot do not give an opportunity to unambiguously diagnose the presence of this disease in you, but are an occasion to address to physicians.
- Begin by simply picking up your shoes and looking at the sole of the foot on it. If it is worn from the inside and the bottom of the heel is shifted inwards, I do not have very good news for you, this is one of the signs of the flatfoot
- This symptom is more of a beautiful floor. The symptom of flat feet is the presence of tenderness in the feet, if you wear shoes with high heels.
- The next symptom is the thickening of the foot. In this case, you have to buy shoes of large sizes, since old shoes have become small to you.
- You have swollen ankles
- You are often worried about an ingrown nail
- You are sloppy when walking
- You do not exercise specifically, but you have a developed( and vice versa) musculature of the legs
- You are concerned about the calcaneal spur. A rather painful thing, connected with the disease of the plantar nerve.
- It became difficult for you to walk or stand on your feet for a long time.
- . By the evening you have pain in your legs, accompanied by occasional convulsions
- Get up with a wet bare foot to the floor. With flatfoot, the trail left will look like an insole from shoes. If you are all right, the inner side of the foot should not touch the floor.
The most accurate method to date is X-ray study.
I myself passed it in due time, as I am the "happy" owner of this disease. When the study takes a few shots( stop under load and without) and the results, the doctor makes a diagnosis and determines the degree of flatfoot.
Degrees of longitudinal flatfoot
The most difficult to determine the first degree of flatfoot, due to the fact that there are no external changes yet and the arch of the foot is not yet flattened.
& lt; Symptom that you develop a first degree of flatfoot will be soreness in the soles after you have walked a long distance or have stood on your feet for a long time. Naturally, you can not exactly determine here, but comparing how it was "before" and became "now", you can suspect the development of the disease.
With a second degree of flatfoot symptoms are more pronounced, and may be accompanied by edema of the feet. You get harder to walk because your legs get tired quickly. Touching the foot marks soreness.
The third degree of flatfoot to notice is simply impossible. The foot arch straightens, the footprint no longer has a characteristic bend on the inside. At the third degree of flatfoot walking becomes a torture, because the pain grasps not only the foot, but also spreads to the knee.
The most terrible and painful, this is of course a 3 degree flatfoot. Normal walking for a person becomes almost inaccessible. Already not only the legs hurt but also the back, and also there is a headache due to traumatic impacts, which are no longer extinguished by the feet, but are transmitted directly through the spine to the brain.
A little bit of "Vilna" aside and touch upon the very urgent topic of recruiting for military service. Conscripts are often interested in the degree to which flat feet are not taken into the army. The answer here is not entirely unambiguous. We now almost do not have healthy guys, as well as girls, and we still need someone to serve, therefore, by fulfilling the call-up plan or simply because of the formal medical examination, military commissariats can call on those who finally become disabled afterwardsfor frolic flat feet. Generally speaking, with 3 degrees of flatfoot unequivocally do not call. With the second degree can be called, if it is not complicated by arthrosis.
Hence the conclusion for those who are trying to be called "sloughing" and simply concerned about their health: go through a thorough medical examination, and if you have real problems, get your way, otherwise you will become an invalid.See also:
- Continuing the conversation about flatfoot, today we will examine in more detail the transverse flatfoot, as well as the methods of treatment and prevention. ..
Symptoms of the disease
Our stop is complicated. Its numerous bones are united by ligaments, tendons and, of course, joint joints. The metatarsal bones associated with the flanking toes of the legs should ideally be held in parallel by the ligaments. But often they diverge in a fanlike manner, often exceeding the limit allowed by doctors. The reason for this phenomenon is a weakened musculoskeletal apparatus.
A significant divergence of metatarsal bones leads to a deviation of the big toe from the rest. This situation creates in the foot a redistribution of muscle traction. There arises that is designated by the medical term hallux valgus. In this case, a strong pull of this finger outwards occurs due to the passing along the tendon, which has changed its location. In this case, there is a displacement, and the bulging of the metatarsal head. In this place, when contact with the shoes first of all, erasures are formed, and then a strong inflammation of the joint arises after it. As a result, the "bone", "cone", the so-called growth of the osteochondral type is formed. A large load on 2, 3, 4 fingers causes their "hammer-shaped" shape.
This is a common kind of flatfoot. However, the vaults can be deformed in different ways, causing longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, as well as its combined version.
When the transverse manifestation of the characteristic symptoms: pain that occurs in the feet, cramps of the calf muscles, burning. In the evening, the day is associated with severe fatigue. The more severe cases are characterized by pain in joints such as the hip and knee, which is a direct threat of joint arthrosis.
Steps of transverse platypodia
When a transversely-planar type occurs, there is a strong increase in the anterior part of the foot. Due to an incorrectly distributed load, the big toe is deformed, causing a so-called valgus deviation.
Degrees of longitudinal flat feet
It is recommended to undergo a physical examination if, in addition to the above, there are such symptoms as puffiness of the legs, foot and ankle often suffer, and there are many problems with shoes. Its sole often wears and tramples from the inside of the foot. Fashionable shoes with high heels and pins cause pain in the legs and complicate the process of walking. The foot extends considerably, for this reason it is required to purchase shoes more for a size or two.
Normal and flattened
The most common type of such disease is combined or transverse-longitudinal flat feet. Independent types of it are much less common. There are many reasons for this polyethological disease. Basically one of the classic reasons for the appearance of a flat-footed transverse type is heredity along the female line.
Other causes are a common "sedentary" lifestyle, which results in weakening of ligaments and muscles. To problems leads and excessive load in the form of sports cross-country and jumping classes, as well as long-term work in the standing position. There are different types of acquired flat feet. Among them:
- Statistical, which accounts for up to 80% of all diagnoses for this disease. In addition to the hereditary, sometimes called "aristocratic foot," it causes hypodynamia or long statistical stresses on the forefoot. This type causes such problems as overweight, diseases of the endocrine system and so on. A considerable contribution to the spread of this problem is made by uncomfortable shoes.
- Deformation of the foot occurs due to a lack of vitamin D and is called rachitic flatfoot. This type of disease is very rare.
- Also, the paralytic appearance that arises after the paralysis of the tibial muscles has been isolated, as they support the vaults at the feet. This problem arises, as a rule, because of poliomyelitis.
- In men, a traumatic flat foot is diagnosed. The reason for its appearance is the consequences of fractures of the ankles, tarsal bones, heel bone.
- In young children, after two years during a preventive examination in very rare cases, they can identify congenital flat feet.
There are 3 degrees of development of transverse flatfoot.
- At 1 stage a small cone is formed, and the thumb is diverted to 20 0, which leads to the curvature of the toes on the legs and the formation of all known corns.
- At 2 stages the angle of curvature is 35 0, the size of the corns is increasing, severe pains appear.
- The third degree is characterized by the bend of the thumb inside more than 35, the spreading foot in the area of the fingers, they bend downward. The pain increases, it becomes difficult to walk.
What can this disease lead to? To a number of very serious consequences for the body. It significantly accelerates the wear and tear of the musculoskeletal system. The consequences include:
- To arthrosis and joint osteoarthritis.
- To such diseases of the pelvis, as coxarthrosis.
- The consequence of the deformity of the foot is "neurological disorganization", the effectiveness of movements of the whole body decreases, and problems with coordination and balance arise.
- Because of muscle imbalance, there are "trigger points".
- The gait is reduced. The person suffers because of lameness, stagnation of blood in the legs, varicose extension of the lower limbs.
- There may be a very painful heel spur, caused by plantar aponeurosis.
Deterioration of activity of the entire vascular system due to slowing of blood flow in its lower parts. With age, this will all be accompanied by pathological edema, ulcers on the feet and lower legs.
Treatment of the disease and operation
After the diagnosis is established by a trauma doctor, the required type of treatment is prescribed. It directly depends on the type and extent of this disease. Distinguish conservative and operative its kind of treatment. With a conservative treatment option, a number of complex measures are used, including: the selection of an orthopedic instep and a shoe, which allows you to redistribute the load on the entire foot. Specialists recommend to limit the load on the legs, reduce excess weight, to normalize the biomechanics to use a variety of devices.
- Indications for the appointment of analgesics and remedies for inflammation stop symptoms is the diagnosis of bursitis or arthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint.
- By reducing the increased muscle tone and reducing pain can be achieved by such activities as foot massage, immobilization, physiotherapy, warm baths. For prevention requires the implementation of a number of exercises that allow you to strengthen the feet of turns turning them to the right, left, down, up, and also circling.
- Growth of cartilage is suspended with a 10% solution of iodine.
- Relieve inflammation of the joints and nourish the leg tissues with ointments prescribed by an experienced orthopedist.
- For flat feet, shoes with a heel up to 4 cm inclusive are required. It is very useful to have replaceable comfortable shoes at work.
It should be noted that conservative treatment is designed to reduce pain and slow the progression of the disease, but not cure.
The question arises: "How will be cured of this disease"?
In the case of transformation of cartilage on the head of the metatarsal bone into bone material, a surgical operation is required here. Indication for its conduct is considered ineffective classical treatment and constant pain in the legs. Conduct them in the centers of traumatology and orthopedics. They are characterized by the use of a variety of surgical techniques, which today there are more than three hundred. They make it possible to minimize the negative impact of operations and significantly reduce the rehabilitation period without using crutches and immobilization plaster bandages. One common type of technology is to "reshape" the foot, in particular its anterior section, where the cartilage is removed from the bone head, the bone is leveled and the tendon is pulled in such a way that the big toe can hold straight. From the inside of the foot it is fixed with a tape made of lavsan. The complexity of such an operation and a long period of rehabilitation is compensated by high efficiency of treatment without the appearance of repeated deformation.
The reason for the formation of flat feet is not least of all shoes. The risk of the onset of the disease depends on the time it is worn. To reduce the negative impact of shoes on the legs and prevent the appearance of flat feet, orthopedic insoles and various arch supports were created. Insoles and arch supports, ameliorate, correct the changes occurring in the feet, significantly ease the pain in the legs, the very well helping people with transverse and combined flatfoot. For their correct selection, you should consult an orthopedist for advice. Making an independent choice, there is a danger of aggravating the disease. When selecting orthopedic insoles, an accurate measurement of the foot strain is required. Pick up the insole is required, without waiting for the signs of this disease, thus trying to prevent the appearance of this disease.
Exercises for transverse flatfoot
There are a number of exercises to treat this disease. They are conducted barefoot for 16-24 weeks. Gymnastics includes 12 types of exercises, each of which is performed 10 times.
- Movement with the deployment of the feet is carried out while sitting. After it do standing, leaning on the back of the chair. The legs are set on the width of the shoulders. The feet unfold in a straight line, connecting the socks, then the heels.
- The feet are placed alternately on the ribs, external and internal. Do this movement, sitting, then standing.
- Sitting, rotate the feet to the right, then to the left. After this, the exercise is done standing.
- Raising the foot on the outer arch is carried out on a chair, then on the floor. The feet are placed on the outside. The task is simple - to get up.
- Rise from heels to socks. The initial position is legs on the width of the shoulders, the feet are placed in parallel. Exercise is slow, first on both legs, then alternately on each.
- Raising the feet from the heel to the toe with one straight, heels are put together, socks - apart. After the exercise, the position of the feet changes. The heels are put apart, the socks together.
- Performing low kicks. When performing the exercise, the back should be straight. When changing the support leg, a 180 ° turn is performed.
Fast walking on site. Socks in this case, tear off the floor categorically impossible, knees slightly bend, the feet slightly tilted inside. Hips during gymnastics should be strongly swinging sideways. The back is straight, the shoulders are motionless. The lead time is 20-40 seconds.
- Sitting as high as possible, the leg rises in turn, while lifting it should be straight and fixed when lifting.
- Exercise, sitting with a lift of both feet.
- To walk on toes, heels, "to claw" on the inner and outer ribs of the foot for 30-50 steps.
- Goose step in( half crouching).In this case, the legs are dragged along the floor. This gymnastics improve the blood circulation of the legs. Remember, it's better to just warn the disease than to treat it for a long time!
Transverse flatfoot in children
The underlying cause for the manifestation of the disease in childhood is weak ligaments, bones and, of course, weak muscles. However, even congenital flat feet is not an indication for the operation. Treatment is carried out using gingival tapes or bandages. Treatment is carried out with the use of exercise therapy and massage. Improving the blood circulation of the body and increasing the tone of the muscles in the legs are due to special hardening procedures, one of which are contrasting foot baths.
In children, flat feet are not treated with
operations. Flat-footed children are treated with orthopedic insoles and shoes. Children with this diagnosis can not walk barefoot on the floor or asphalt, but it is extremely necessary to run through the sand, grass, gravel and other irregularities.
Pay attention to the gait of the child. When walking, his feet should be parallel and lean against the outer edge. Children should try to detect any disease as early as possible. Then they will have the opportunity to fully recover.
zdorovuenozhki.ruWhen rest, massage and other methods do not help to eliminate the pain, you can resort to medical therapy. Systemic analgesics: aspirin, flugalin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin, paracetamol, etc. Topical application: indomethacin ointment, Dolgit cream, voltarenic gel, etc. Special treatment procedures : Novocain electrophoresis, hydrocortisone phonophoresis,paraffin-ozocerite applications, etc.
Release from the army of conscripts with flat feet( according to RF norms).Based on the "Regulations on Military Medical Examination" No. 123, dated 25.02.2003, military service and enrolling in military schools and schools does not prevent people with the following disabilities:
- I-II longitudinal flat-foot
- Transverse flatfootI degree, in the absence of arthrosis in the joints of the foot( middle section), exostoses( bone-cartilaginous sprouting in the form of a spine) and contractures( restriction of joint mobility).
- Longitudinal or transverse flatfoot II degree c, presence of severe pain, deforming arthrosis of the II stage of the midfoot joints, contracture of the fingers;
- III-degree longitudinal flatfoot, transverse flatfoot III-IV degree
- The formation of the right gait, not to breed socks when walking - this overloads the inner edge of the foot and its ligaments.
- With the predisposition to flat feet to choose the right place of work( work not associated with long loads on the legs).
- Correctly matched shoes, on a thick and soft sole, heel not more than 4 cm.
- Wearing insoles for long loads.
- In his spare time, give rest to his legs, at least 30 seconds, 3-4 times a day to stand on the outside of the feet.
- After work it is recommended to take warm baths for feet, with their subsequent massage.
- Walking barefoot on an uneven surface, over pebbles, along the sand, walking on the heels, the inner surface of the feet, tiptoe, moving games.
- Maximum limit the wearing of shoes with high heels
- Correctly dose physical exercise, avoid excessive loads
Why does postural flaccidity disturb the posture?The human body works as a whole. Between bodies there are not only anatomical, but also functional interrelations. With flatfoot, the center of gravity is displaced backward. In order to maintain balance, the spine has to deviate forward. Over time, deformation increases, posture is formed - round back .The normal arch of the foot works like a shock absorber. With flatfoot this function is violated. As a result, the spine and knees have increased loads. This leads to an even more severe violation of posture, scoliosis, herniated discs. In the knee joints arthrosis can develop. Flattening and problems on the part of the spine have some common causes: weakness of connective tissue, ligaments and muscles, obesity, increased physical activity.
Which mats can I use for flatfoot? How to choose them correctly?Special massage mats have on their surface a variety of pebbles, protrusions, "pimples".They are widely used for the prevention and treatment of flat feet. Effects of massage mats :
- effect on reflexogenic foot points;
- improvement of blood circulation and lymph drainage( due to this there is a decrease in edema on the legs);
- strengthening of muscles and ligaments;
- elimination of cramps, pain;
- elimination of stresses, increase in general tone.
- First of all - consult a doctor .The expert will tell you which model of the rug is best to buy in your case.
- It is best to buy a mat in the orthopedic salon .Before you buy the product, be sure to deploy it, stand with your bare feet and try to walk. If it causes pain or severe discomfort, it is better to choose another model.
- For a child under 3 years old, a mat made of rubber is best. Later you can buy a model on a silicone base. Adults often recommend rugs from the Altai birch.
- Try to choose a rug on which there is not one, but several different types of relief .This will provide different types of impact on the sole. For example, in addition to the "stones" on the surface may be villi for soft massage soles.
- Inspect the mat before buying .Make sure that all the protrusions and "pimples" are strong enough. Think about how convenient it is to wash, store the selected model.
- for children and adults diagnosed with flat feet;
- for children, in order to prevent flat feet;
- to people, leading a sedentary lifestyle, to those with sedentary work;
- to women, who walk a lot in shoes with stilettos.
How to choose orthopedic insoles for flat feet?Orthopedic insoles can be used for preventive purposes or to combat flatfoot. Medical orthopedic insoles need to be selected together with a doctor. Usually they are made individually, according to one of three methods:
- Computer modeling .A person stands on a special platform, which registers the pressure of various parts of the foot and transfers to the computer. An image is displayed on the monitor.
- Manufacture of plaster casts .
- Thermoforming . Insole is made of special material, which takes the form of a patient's foot.
- Obtaining a print with a special bio-foam.
How is flatfoot encoded in the ICD?In the international classification of flatfoot diseases, two codes are assigned:
- M21.4 - acquired flat foot;
- Q66.5 - congenital flat foot.
What gymnastics can I perform with flatfoot?Gymnastics with a flat foot are chosen individually, depending on the type and severity of flatfoot. Start classes only after you consult a doctor and find out what exercises are recommended in your case. Some exercises that can be performed with a flatfoot : In prone position : 1. With your legs slightly apart, squeeze and unclench your toes for about 2 minutes. 2. With your legs spread out, rotate the feet clockwise, then in the opposite direction. 3. Pull your foot socks over. You can perform both legs simultaneously or alternately. 4. Detach the heels from the floor, leaning their toes. 5. Bend your knees, spread them apart, simultaneously folding the soles together, so that they touch. Then "clap" your heels: dilute and reduce them, resting with your toes. 6. Place the right foot on the left ankle joint. Move the right foot along the left shin towards the knee, while trying to clasp her leg. Repeat with the left foot. In sitting position on a chair : 1. Squeeze the right hand into a fist and tightly clamp it between the knees. Raise the inner parts of the feet, and the outer one is pressed harder against the floor. Repeat several times. 2. Detach the heels from the floor - at the same time with both feet, then alternately. 3. Exercise similar to the previous one, only this time tearing off the floor you need socks. 4. Place different small items on the floor. Grab their fingers with your feet and shift from one place to another. 5. Bend your fingers while pulling your heels forward, then straighten. The foot should "crawl" on the floor, like a caterpillar. In standing position : 1. Stand on your toes several times. Then alternately tear off the right and left heel from the floor. 2. Stand on your heels several times. In this case, the toes must be completely detached from the floor. 3. Perform several sit-ups and half-squats on your toes.
Is the release of physical education to a child with flat feet?This question is solved individually, depending on the type and severity of flatfoot, other factors. With severe deformity and violation of foot function, the child can be completely released from physical culture. In other cases, it is classified into one of four groups:
- LFK group: children who have a disease requiring an individual program of study;
- special group: for children, for whom the load in ordinary lessons is too high, restrictions are required;
- preparatory group: no restrictions in physical activity, but the child is exempted from the delivery of standards;
- core group: no restrictions.
How does flatfoot differ from clubfoot?Flat feet are any deformation of the foot at which the longitudinal or transverse arch falls. The reasons for this violation can be different. Clubfoot is an inborn violation, the causes of which are not yet fully established. In this case, the foot is most often turned down and inward.
What kind of sports can you practice with flatfoot?For planostopia, the following sports are recommended: :
- Free style swimming .It has a beneficial effect not only on the legs, but also on the spine column, the muscles of the back, helps to fight with impaired posture and other pathologies. But with flat feet, you should not get involved in swimming with a crawl, as this increases the load on the muscles of the legs.
- Skiing .In this case, the load on the legs should be small. Intensive skiing is contraindicated.
- Equestrian sport . Horse riding helps strengthen the muscles and tendons of the back, legs.
- Some types of martial arts .Aikido, karate and kung fu do not assume an increased strain on the legs, but help strengthen the tendons and muscles.
How to treat longitudinal-transverse flatfoot?
He can not cure anything, I am 37 years old, I have a congenital flatfoot of the third degree, I go through my entire life suffering from pain in my feet.
Orthopedic insoles.+ it is not particularly cured
wearing special orthopedic insoles individually matched and gymnastics for the feet and lumbar spine
What age? If a child, urgently run around the village or sea shore with a bass line, and if the adult is nothing at all. ... By the way, when I was passing a medical examination at school, we had a flat foot in the whole class. ..
Flat-footedness - treatment and preventiondiseases
Many people believe that treating flat feet is easy. In fact, in the late stages of pathology, it is very difficult to get rid of deformities of the foot, and sometimes it is completely impossible. In this case, flat feet in children and adults can only be slowed down, but not cured completely. That is why early diagnosis of the disease and timely treatment to a doctor are so important.
Both longitudinal and transverse platypodia are cured only by an integrated approach. To relieve the pain, physiotherapy and medications are used. Very effective therapeutic gymnastics, which can be done at home. It strengthens the ligament apparatus, trains muscles, forms a correct posture and a stereotype of walking. An effective set of exercises can only be prescribed by a doctor, since the flat feet manifests itself differently depending on the rate of development of the pathology, the patient's age and some other factors.
To improve blood circulation in the area of feet, patients are prescribed foot baths and massage procedures. You can see the full list of hydromassage baths on 3tn.ru. Extremely useful are special orthopedic insoles, which relieve painful areas, correct the initial deformities of the disease. The flat feet, whose symptoms are especially pronounced, are corrected with the help of orthopedic footwear, manufactured on an individual order.
Surgical intervention is relevant in cases where the disease leads to severe pain and the inability to move independently even in special shoes.
Is it possible to prevent the appearance and development of the pathology of the arches of the feet? Yes, you can! Prevention of flat feet is to choose the right, safe shoes, regular examinations of an orthopedic specialist and limiting loads on the foot.
is a very common term - flat feet, not everyone knows exactly what doctors mean when they make such a diagnosis. Particularly incomprehensible seems to be a combination: flat-foot longitudinal transverse. ..
What is the arch of the foot?
Human foot consists of a lot of bones, ligaments and muscles. They form on each foot 2 vaults - longitudinal and transverse. The arch of the foot is a small arch that acts as a shock absorber at each step.
In the figure you see a longitudinal flatfoot, that is, the longitudinal arch looks like it is spreading in the antero-posterior direction. With transverse flat feet, the arch under the bases of the fingers spreads out to the sides.
In the diagram it looks like this:
Causes of flatfoot
As they say, "we all come from childhood".In our case, it is meant that incorrectly selected shoes or a lack of exercise in childhood can lead to deformation of the foot.
And even in my youth, when the feet are still growing intensively, they can be crippled by uncomfortable shoes. Especially it concerns girls who like shoes with high heels.
No one says that you can not wear heels, but everything is all right in moderation and walking on stiletto heels all day is the right way to earn a flat foot.
But flat feet can still be hereditary, if parents have weakness of the ligament apparatus of the legs, the child most likely will inherit this feature.
Flatwise longitudinally transverse
If flattening occurs in both arches on two legs, such a flatfoot is called longitudinally transverse. This diagnosis in young people does not cause any panic - think, is this a disease.
But mothers start to worry and do right, because at a later age a flat foot will give a lot of unpleasant sensations - pain, cramps, impossibility to wear high heels. ..
Treatment of flat feet
The earlier the treatment of flatfoot, the better. And even better - to begin to prevent flat feet from childhood. For this, there is absolutely no need for complex adaptations, just master medical gymnastics and perform it every evening.
Exercises are very simple, they can be done in front of the TV, at any convenient time! ..
1. Walk a few laps around the room on the toes of the
2. Walk on the heels of the
3. Walking on the outside of the foot
4. Walking on the inside of the foot
5. Place the roller or ordinary glass bottle under your feet and roll it first with one foot,then another, then with both feet together.
6. Sprinkle a few small objects on the floor and lift them with your feet - by the way, this can be turned into a fun game.
If you have a flat-foot longitudinal transverse, then the attending physician will necessarily write out special insoles that will support the arches of the foot.