How to choose a cervical collar for osteochondrosisAll kinds of pathology of the musculoskeletal system spread more and more widely. Especially it concerns osteochondrosis. Osteochondrosis is a degenerative disease of the spine, which affects according to various data from 60 to 90% of the entire adult population of the globe.
Osteochondrosis, in general, affects people over 30 years of age, but in recent years there has been a tendency to "rejuvenate" the disease. The "insidiousness" of osteochondrosis is that it is rarely diagnosed at the initial stages. Most often this diagnosis is exhibited already when it is already necessary to resort to surgical methods for treatment. If the disease was diagnosed earlier, then conservative methods of treatment are effective enough. Among these methods, and far from the last place, is the wearing of the cervical collar.
What is a cervical collar and why is it needed?
The neck collar is a retainer that holds the head and, depending on the design, to some extent, immobilizes the neck. The lower end of its edge must rest on the collarbone, the upper one - rest against the lower jaw. Due to this arrangement, he takes on part of the load, which normally falls on the neck. Why do I need a collar for my neck with osteochondrosis? Then, that with this disease the intervertebral discs lose their elasticity and strength, which means their resistance to loads decreases.
Due to the fact that the discs are structurally modified, normal anatomical relationships of the neck structures are violated. This leads to the squeezing of the roots of nerves and blood vessels, which causes pain in the neck and shoulders and headache. Due to the wearing of the collar, the normal distribution of the load on the neck is restored. The collar, if it is properly selected, stretches the neck a little, thereby "releasing" the clamped structures.
Of course, you will not wear a collar all the time. But if you wear it regularly, for several hours a day - this will greatly ease your condition. Most collars, among other things, have a warming effect. This also helps to relax the muscles, and, hence, to reduce the pain syndrome.
How to choose a cervical collar? Several tips
Collars can be divided into three groups:
- the collar of Shantz;
Inflatable collars are not the best option, regardless of the nature of the pathology. It is unlikely that a doctor will ever appoint you to wear such a "device".At first glance, inflatable collars are not so bad. They are quite comfortable, they allow you to easily adjust their size and stiffness of fixation. However, in this convenience lies their insolvency as a medical device.
How easy it is to adjust the fixing rigidity is just as easy and "redirect" the collar. As a consequence, the superficial vessels of the neck are pinched - carotid arteries and jugular veins. Of course, they are not fully compressed, but if you wear a collar several hours a day and fairly regularly, then the chronic lack of blood circulation of the brain is guaranteed. And this, in turn, can lead to headaches, memory loss and sleep disorders.
Hard collars are a great option, but it does not suit you if you have osteochondrosis. These collars are a rigid frame, securely fixing the head in one position. Their direct purpose is to completely remove the load from the neck and stop any movement in it. These collars are used only in two cases: with neck injuries, accompanied by a vertebral fracture and after surgery on the vertebrae.
Collar of Shantz, he is also a semi-rigid collar. These collars are made of elastic materials and serve to reduce the burden on the structure of the neck. In addition to supporting, they also have a warming effect, which is quite important in conditions accompanied by the tension of the neck muscles. It is these collars that are used for osteochondrosis, instability of the cervical spine, as well as for people whose activities are associated with prolonged work at the computer.
In order to properly choose the collar of Shantz, you need to determine your size. The length of the collar is not fundamental, as a rule, it is regulated, but with height, the situation is different. To determine the height you need, you need to measure the distance from the chin to the upper edge of the sternum or from the angle of the lower jaw to the clavicle. The distance obtained, expressed in centimeters, is the size of the collar.
In addition to the fact that the collars come in different sizes, they can be made from completely different materials. However, the cervical collar with osteochondrosis can be anything, the main thing is that it is the collar of Shantz. It is worth mentioning only the two most common options:
- Collar made of foam rubber or similar elastic material with a cloth-based cover.
- Collar made of flexible plastic, finished with soft material from the inside and around the edges.
The difference between them is only two points. The first point: the last version of the collar can be adjusted to fit yourself with the help of knobs, both in length and height, but the polyurethane collar is adjustable only in length due to the velcro fastener. The second difference is the price.
And finally: an orthopedic collar is, after all, a medical device, so always consult a doctor before buying it.
Collar of Shantz with cervical osteochondrosis( how to choose the size, reviews)
Types and properties of collars
Trench bus is temporary replacement and reimbursement of the natural support apparatus of the neck. This device has the form of a dense frame of flexible material, which is fastened near the neck to fix the vertebrae. The collar of the trench has the following properties:
Prevents flexion, rotation or extension of the neck, providing complete rest to the problem area of the spine. Has a warming effect, as well as a mild massage effect. As a result, you can eliminate the load from the neck muscles and adjust the blood supply to the damaged area.
The presented device for fighting osteochondrosis has the following varieties:
- Analog of the Shantz collar is a device similar to the device with the device, the arrangement of the inflatable mechanism which is located between two strips of flat material. When the device is fixed not neck, then it inflates with a special pear. Thanks to this, a soft stretching of the spine in the cervical region is achieved, as well as an increase in the space between the joints. The presented factor has a positive effect on the blood flow and innervation of both the spine and nearby organs.
- Fully inflatable soft mechanism. Thanks to him, you can fix the spine at the required level and eliminate the possibility of head tilt to the maximum level. Such a soft trench collar makes it possible to carry out an easy extension of the vertebrae and reduce the manifestations of the disease.
- Hard neck collar, which has a plastic or metal construction. They are used for damage or fractures of the cervical region.
Adjusting the pumping force of orthopedic collars for osteochondrosis should be performed by a doctor.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
Features of the collar
The cervical collar itself does not eliminate the spine problem in its entirety during its wearing. Such a device is considered concomitant therapy, due to which it is possible to achieve a temporary investment in symptomatology. The therapeutic cervical collar assumes the functions of a natural backbone apparatus. He has another name - a cervical crutch. It supports the entire mass of the head due to the redistribution of weight on the clavicles and slightly to the base of the neck. As a result, the muscles of the neck, tendons, ligaments do not undergo a load, and the position of the head is at the required position.
How to wear a trench collar?
The main thing when wearing a Shant collar is the absence of any discomfort. Otherwise, you can exacerbate the disease
The neck collar from osteochondrosis in adults does not need to be tightened very tight. Be sure to check the absence of squeezing the neck. To do this, put your finger between the device and the neck. If he enters unhindered, the cervical collar is dressed correctly.
In addition to convenience, there are fundamentally important points. The instruction for the use of this device in adults assumes:
- The height of the medical orthopedic collar of the trench should be the distance from the lower to the upper part of the neck.
- The lower edge of the device should rest on the bones of the clavicle, and the upper one should hold the lower jaw. Then the position of the head will be in a static position.
It is very important to choose the right medical collar, otherwise it can only cause deterioration. The product must repeat all lines of the body.
Advantages of the
device The permanent wearing of the medical trench collar is strictly prohibited. In the case of an accustomed cervical vertebra, they will be constantly in a relaxed state. Such a phenomenon can cause their atrophy, loss of tissue thickness and strength. Scientists who have conducted numerous studies speak of the following advantages of this device for osteochondrosis in adults:
- Trench bus makes the movement sure, providing comfort and tranquility.
- Speeds recovery from osteochondrosis.
- You do not need to give up your household chores, rest and cooking, because the neck collar is soft and it's very easy to get used to it.
- The method of wearing this device is considered the most effective and allows you to eliminate osteochondrosis in a short period of time.
device To correctly select the neck collar, you need to perform the following measurements:
Necessary measurements for fitting the Shan collar
Position the head straight so that the external auditory hole is level with the eyes.
- Use a soft centimeter tape to measure the distance from the chin to the chest.
- The resulting value in centimeters and will be the right size for the collar. It will help you choose the right device.
The trunk tire has a maximum tensile force of 60 kg. In case of incorrect or prolonged wearing, unpleasant symptoms can form:
- painful sensations in the neck;
If you find yourself experiencing these symptoms, you need to remove the cervical collar and do not wear it before consulting a doctor. He can correct the degree of inflation or designate another modification of it.
Applying the collar of Shantz in osteochondrosis, the following effect is observed in adults:
- elimination of pain, numbness on the skin;
- normalization of blood supply to the vessels of the neck;
- improvement in general condition.
The use of this device in combination with medication, proper nutrition and exercise can eliminate such a disease as cervical osteochondrosis.
Collar with your own hands
Make a soft collar to eliminate cervical osteochondrosis with your own hands. In this there is nothing complicated. For work you need to prepare the following material:
- soft cloth;
- plastic jar;
- fasteners with Velcro( width - 1 cm, length - 5 cm).
Be especially attentive to your own production collar. Sometimes the pursuit of savings threatens irreparable complications. Trust your doctor!
The trunk shin with its own hands assumes the following action plan:
- Take measurements.
- A rectangle is cut from the fabric, the dimensions of which are: width - 30 cm, and length - 2 cm longer than the circumference of the neck.
- The formed form should be folded with untreated edges inwards, until 10-12 cm.
- To eliminate the collision of the medical collar made by one's own hands, it is necessary to compact it. To do this, cut out of a plastic bottle a strip, 2 cm in size smaller than the workpiece made of cloth.
- The self-made trench bar should be located where there is a swelling. From the middle of the workpiece from the opposite side, it is necessary to bend the edges at an angle inward by 1 cm.
- Insert a plastic strip and sew a crease along the long edge at the bottom.
The price of this invention is different, because everything depends on the size and model suitable for you. Many people are worried about the question: how much is the trunk tire? The price of the device varies from 200 to 2000 rubles.
Numerous positive reviews of people only prove the effectiveness of this collar for the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Irina: "Cervical osteochondrosis I earned when I had a small child. For a long time I could not put my daughter to bed and sat by the crib, and sometimes even slept in a sitting position. After a while, I began to notice pain in the neck. And one morning I could not turn it. I consulted with a doctor, read reviews on the Internet and bought a trunk tire. Very convenient device, you need to wear periods, only 2-3 times a day. After a while, the symptoms of osteochondrosis decreased noticeably, and I began to feel easy and comfortable. "
Vlad: "I work in the office, so for me it was not a discovery that I earned osteochondrosis. I was disturbed by unpleasant pains, constant tension. Based on the testimonials of the people, I purchased the trench collar and was very pleased. The instruction is simple, and you do not need to wear it all day. All the unpleasant manifestations of the disease disappeared, and I again live and work, as before. "
How does the neck collar help with osteochondrosis? This question is of interest to many patients. Many people for various reasons do not pay attention to osteochondrosis. And some of them just put the wrong diagnosis, which happens very often, because osteochondrosis is easily confused with other diseases, especially if it is a question of cervical osteochondrosis.
An effective method for fighting this disease is the cervical collar, which will be one of the most important treatment tools. Basically, the bandage is used to alleviate the symptoms, as well as as part of the recovery procedures.
To buy a corset for the neck with osteochondrosis costs only after consulting a specialist. After a thorough examination, the doctor will tell you at what stage of development this disease is and will prescribe to you a comprehensive treatment, because it is impossible to cure osteochondrosis with just a corset.
The specialist should be treated in the following cases:
- Neck very often begins to ache.
- Painkillers can not eliminate pain.
All the above symptoms of osteochondrosis should in no case be left without due attention, since if the treatment is not started, the patient will begin to deteriorate bone tissue. And the intervertebral discs will become so large that for a full recovery you will need years. In addition, you will be visited by constant severe pain in the neck, which then will go over to the head.
How and in what cases should I wear a neck bandage for osteochondrosis?
Carrying a neck retainer is necessary in the following cases:
- If joints and tissues are damaged in the area of the cervical spine.
- For prophylactic purposes.
- When clamps are formed in the neck or suspected of them.
- For effective stress relief at the end of the day.
- To prevent vertebrobasilar insufficiency.
- When diagnosed with "torticollis".
- At slightest deformations of the cervical vertebrae.
The neck collar in osteochondrosis helps all muscle groups relax and relieves stress and pain from them. The corset is able to align some curvatures of the vertebrae and makes more space between them. All these processes help the body restore regenerative functions, which will make it possible to function normally in the upper part of the spinal column.
It is necessary to put a fixator on the neck only for 15 minutes, not more. In the following days it is necessary to increase the time of stay in it, but so that it does not cause you unnecessary discomfort. To achieve good results, it will be necessary to wear a bandage around the neck for 3 months and walk about 1 hour in it. After the end of the specified time, you will immediately notice improvements.Back to the table of contents
Rules for using the corset
People with osteochondrosis need to learn a few simple rules that will help to achieve good results in a short period of time:
- The collar of osteochondrosis should be used for a short period of time so that its wearing is not included in yourhabit. The bandage should be used strictly for the purpose and only as necessary, otherwise its useless wearing will lead to an even weakening of the muscles.
- The corset can not be worn for more than 6 hours for the whole day, and you do not need to go to bed.
- If you need to carry something heavy, it's best to do this with a corset.
- Before using the lock, you need to read the instruction, as the corsets are constantly being improved, and there may be useful information for you.
Sometimes surgical intervention or trauma to the spine forces a person to buy and wear a corset, because after the operation or a severe injury the patient needs to go through a long rehabilitation period. In such cases, specialists prescribe patients to wear a corset daily.
The neck lock for osteochondrosis will bring great benefit to the patient, because with the help of it the patient will be able to recover quickly enough.Back to the table of contents
Which corset should I choose?
But to date, there are many injuries to the spine and cervical spine. And before you will be the question, and which corset is best to choose?
Correctly pick up the bandage you will help your doctor, he will advise what you need to buy. In no case should you buy a collar yourself, because the wrong choice and wearing the wrong corset will not help you in the treatment.
Collars come in different types. The use of an inflatable collar in case of osteochondrosis is strictly forbidden, because by wearing such a bandage you will only make yourself worse.
For osteochondrosis, you can use the collar of Shantz for the neck, but you should consult a specialist beforehand. This is the best kind of collar, which will help you effectively cure cervical collar osteochondrosis.
The neck collar will help you remove pain, improve blood circulation, and also relieve muscle stress and total strain from the entire body.
The bandage helps reduce the load on the affected area, and thanks to it you can quickly recover. When the disease with osteochondrosis of the cervical collar zone, along with medical treatment, wearing the collar significantly speeds up the treatment process.
In most cases, experts recommend that you wear it after the rehabilitation period has already ended, because it will positively affect your body as a whole. This unique bandage can take the entire weight of the head on yourself, so you can completely relax your muscles. He will not exert absolutely no pressure on you and normalize the blood flow.
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = YhFXDB3GR7M
If you notice that you have started to show even the slightest symptoms of the initial stage of such a disease as cervical osteochondrosis, then urgently seek help from a highly qualified specialist. Do self-medication is not worth it, you can only make it worse.
After the examination, the doctor will prescribe the correct treatment for you. And do not start your health, because you will not find another. Watch yourself and listen to your body.
Healing collars / buy neck inflatable medical collar for neck
As the device is made from natural ecological materials, it can not have any negative effect on the body. How can he not cause discomfort. The design of the cervical collar is such that it is suitable for all people. The only thing that each patient should properly fix the device based on the functional characteristics of their own organism. Therefore, the cervical collar is recommended for use at home. Its design is simple and does not require additional indications for use.
4. What intensity and time intervals should be taken into account in the procedure?
Most manufacturers of cervical collars advise using their machines as follows: the device should be used daily for a period of two to three months, the time of daily use of the device varies from fifteen minutes to an hour, in each case, its time. In this case, the heavier the injury or disease, the apparatus should be used for a longer time, and if the tendency is positive, the time of using the cervical collar should be reduced.
Most often, the cervical collar is used to prevent and treat the following diseases and injuries of the cervical spine:
- Stretchings, bruises and myositis of the neck muscles.
- Rapid fatigue and heaviness in the cervical region.
- Injuries and diseases that occur in the cervical spine due to lack of vascular blood supply.
- Prophylactic use for various diseases, during treatment of injuries of the cervical spine.
That is, it is worth noting that the cervical collar should be used not only in the presence of the established fact of the disease, but also for its prevention. The device will be especially relevant for those who constitute the so-called risk zone.
5. What precautions should be taken into account when working with the collar?
Naturally, the cervical collar, like any device, can lead to harm to the body if handled improperly. Therefore, before using the cervical collar, all contraindications should be carefully studied. However, knowing precautions when working with the device is still worth it, since this will protect you from some negative consequences.
So, precautions when interacting with the neck collar:
- Force on the collar is strictly prohibited. Incorrect force can lead to the fact that the collar will fail, and gentle handling will allow the device to be used for many years.
- The air from the collar is to be released gradually. Otherwise, headaches may occur. If after using the collar you have such symptoms, then you need some time to rest.
- When using a cervical collar, ripples in the eyes and dizziness may occur. In this case, it is enough just to ease the tension of the device or choose the optimal position of the head and neck.
- When using the device, it is important to avoid direct pressure on the arteries. Therefore, when dressing the cervical collar, press it to the spine as low as possible.
6.What kinds of cervical collars happen?
Neck collars are used to treat traumatic diseases of the cervical spine. They are also used in the postoperative period. In addition, you can use cervical collars with instability of the vertebrae and painful muscle spasms. In most cases, during inpatient care and outpatient care for traumatic diseases of the cervical spine, most often use a gypsum cranio-cervico-thoracic bandage or a cotton-gauze collar of the "Schwantz type".
But, thanks to modern scientific achievements, there was a huge number of ready-made cervical collars. Moreover, these devices assume both soft and rigid fixation. At the source of the creation of such models of cervical collars are a lot of domestic and foreign manufacturing companies.
In modern medicine, there are several types of neck collars:
- Cranio-cervico-thoracic apparatus.
- Metal-polymeric semi-corset with head-holder.
- Craniocervical cervical collar, cervical cervical collar with rigid fixation, cranio-cervical cervical collar with fixation in the forehead area, which are made of polyethylene foam.
- Cervical cervical collar of soft fixation.
- Bus fixing the cervical vertebrae.
Inflatable cervical collar is a device that consists of the following parts: