Curative gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
As life shows, most often a person with health problems or completely begins to rely on a doctor, or throws himself into all serious, engaged in self-medication and without resorting to official medicine.
If the patient is on the side of the doctor - no disease is terrible. .
Both these positions are fundamentally wrong, because no one, even the most qualified doctor, can make a diagnosis on their own, and no person should prescribe treatment for himself. No wonder the ancient sage said that with each disease there are three sides: the patient, the doctor and the disease. If the patient is on the side of the doctor - no illness is terrible, but in those cases when the patient on the side of the disease - the best doctor is useless.
Today, cervical osteochondrosis is increasingly diagnosed, and the patients' behavior and their attitude towards the proposed treatment are completely independent of age. Those patients who think about their future do not forget that therapeutic gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis remains one of the most important elements of treatment, while others simply remain silent and suffer pain and all the symptoms with which this is manifested is very unpleasant and in some casesa life-threatening disease.
Features of cervical osteochondrosis today
Cervical osteochondrosis is a common disorder, rapidly growing younger every year. Pinched nerve endings or displacement of cervical discs cause headaches and heart pain, dizziness, numbness of the tongue. Moreover, pinching of nerves indirectly affects the work of internal organs. Nevertheless, many people simply do not pay attention to the doctor's appointments and do not believe that exercise therapy, especially when used constantly, can improve their condition.
Meanwhile, if a person is diagnosed with cervical osteochondrosis - medical gymnastics is necessary! A violation that does not try to correct will sooner or later become acute, and every new attack of the disease will add unpleasant symptoms to the clinical picture of the disease. Of course, exercise therapy is not a panacea, especially if the degenerative-dystrophic process in the tissues of the spinal column has existed for a long time, but it can inhibit the development of pathological processes, facilitate the general condition and the first step towards recovery.
Major symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Persistent headaches, dizziness. The discomfort is often aggravated by movement and sharp turns of the head, and such a pain in the head practically does not lend itself to the drugs that are traditionally prescribed for relief of this symptom. At the same time, the patient may be concerned about the instability of blood pressure, fits of lightheadedness and noise in the ears, which are best eliminated by therapeutic gymnastics prescribed for cervical osteochondrosis.
- Symptom of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine may be pain in the chest, giving in hands. Often a person feels numbness in his hands and a combination of this symptom with pain in the heart, in which traditional "heart" drugs( nitroglycerin) are ineffective.
In case of occurrence of these complaints, orthopedic doctors advise their patients timely use of physical exertion, the regime and frequency of recurrence of which for each patient should be selected individually. A well-considered program of physical rehabilitation will help prevent the development of displacement of cervical vertebrae and clamping of nerve fibers.
Recommended exercises for the treatment of
disease If you want to learn all the secrets of cervical osteochondrosis treatment, we suggest you familiarize yourself with this free course. Very effective technique!
Below is an example of several exercises.
- The patient lies on the floor. One palm rest on the stomach, and the other on the chest. Slow, smooth breath( stomach, and then chest rise), then exhale. Repeat once 8-10.It is necessary to consciously relax the body. Exercise is repeated 3-4 times during the day.
- Position on the floor, but this time on the stomach. Slowly, the head, torso rises, hands have to rest against the floor. In this position, you must be 1 - 1.5 minutes, then smoothly return to its original position. Important! It is necessary to watch, that the shoulders would not "tumble" - keep the posture under control! Exercise is carried out 3-4 times a day.
- Position - lying on the stomach. Hands stretched along the body. Slowly turning his head to the right. You have to try to press your ear to the floor. Then in the opposite direction. Important! Painful sensations should not accompany the exercises! Run 5-6 times. During the day, you can perform this exercise 3-4 times.
- Seated position. Slowly, making an exhalation, lean forward, as close as possible to the chest chin. Then, on inhalation, slowly throw your head back, trying to look as far as possible. Repeat once 10-15.The exercise itself is repeated 2-3 times a day.
- Do not change the position, you have to press your forehead against your own hands. Providing the greatest possible pressure. Exercise is done on exhalation - this is important! Repeat 5-6 times. During the day, perform 3-4 times.
- If the violation is not strong, you can perform accurate rotation of the head, in both directions.
The above complex of exercises shows that therapeutic gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is available to virtually all people regardless of their age. Some of the exercises can be performed at home and at work, and if your own health is empty for the patient, then he will certainly try to listen to the recommendations of the doctor.
As studies of scientists have shown, the performance of such exercises as prevention reduces the risk of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine by 90%!
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis at any stage of the disease is proved. As it turned out, even simple trainings, without active manual treatment and use of drugs, significantly reduce pain, and in some cases the achieved strengthening of the neck muscles positively affects the general condition - in some patients partial regress of the disease is observed.
P.S.Want to get more effective exercises? Be sure to use this course & gt; & gt;
Physical exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Many physicians in medical gymnastics today consider the most effective method of treating osteochondrosis. This disease in our world is very common, with it every day encounter specialists in clinics. Physical exercises in cervical osteochondrosis promote the healing of the cartilaginous joints of this region of the spine. Among other things, unpretentious gymnastics has a positive effect on the condition of a person who has the first signs of the disease. In this way it is possible to cure yourself on an early stage.
It is strictly forbidden to compose a set of exercises because the incorrectly calculated load or wrongly chosen exercises can cause even greater harm, so the complex of exercise therapy must necessarily be made by a doctor based on the diagnosis, and also on the basis of the general state of the organism. So, it should be noted that an unhealthy vestibular apparatus implies a complete change in the standard complex, since it is recommended to perform charging in a sitting position with frequent dizziness, and sometimes lying down.Children's osteochondrosis, as well as radicular syndrome, should indicate the presence of curvature of the spine in the child, which should be a serious reason for an immediate visit to a specialist doctor. An incorrect distribution of the load on the spine inevitably leads to its curvature, and then, in turn, to disturbances in the system of intervertebral discs. In the early stages of the disease, it is much easier to bounce back through a special muscular corset.
Advantages of exercise therapy
Physical exercises in cervical osteochondrosis can reduce pain, greatly improve blood circulation and lead to muscle tone. However, not always the holding of gymnastics can play a positive role. So, in severe condition of cervical osteochondrosis, when the easiest exercises lead to severe pain, gymnastics should be canceled, of course, on the recommendation of a doctor. In this case, the specialist passes to the drug treatment, after which he can again prescribe exercise therapy. Today there are a large number of sets of exercises that differ from each other. They depend on both the affected area and the state of this area. Of course, if there is a hernia in the inflamed area, the doctor should prescribe absolutely special exercises.
Adults who suffer from this ailment are often recommended by doctors in addition to exercise therapy and exercise, such as yoga or pilates. Do not interfere and visit the gym, of course, not with multi-weight training equipment for weightlifting. Children will be well affected by attending corrective gymnastics classes. A special place among such trainings is visiting the pool, which is recommended to fit into the schedule, both for children and adults.
Physical training for cervical osteochondrosis is designed for employment outside the age range. Exercise is recommended to be done daily, while the amount should be increased with each time, but not dramatically and not much. When there is pain during exercise, the gym should be completed and go to a doctor for advice.
Rules for the implementation of
Physical training in cervical osteochondrosis, like other physical exercises, requires the right approach, and compliance with certain rules. Of course, that following such rules will allow you to get the maximum positive effect from exercises and, of course, not to hurt your health.
- First of all, it is worth remembering that exacerbation of osteochondrosis should not suggest the immediate commencement of exercise. On the contrary, at this time it is absolutely unacceptable to rush to do gymnastics, as the exercises will only harm the general condition and will give impetus to the progression of the disease;
- If discomfort or pain occurs, discontinue use. After some interruption, the exercises should be repeated again, if the pain disappeared, then the exercises can be continued, if not, then you should finish the gymnastics and visit the doctor;
- It is recommended to keep your back in a straight position during classes. Correct posture reduces the likelihood of injury to the neck and increases the effect of performing exercises;
- Physiotherapy exercises should be carried out very smoothly, it is unacceptable to commit harsh actions, because such an approach can strengthen the disease.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite a serious disease, which even young people are exposed to today. With this disease, due to a change in the structure of the vertebrae, the intervertebral discs move, which in turn leads to pinching of the nerve.
Clinic of the disease
Such pathological changes can cause headaches and heart pain, numbness of the tongue, and dizziness. It is caused by the fact that pinching of the nerve leads to disruption of the work of some internal organs of a person. It is taking into account the characteristics of this disease that it can be treated not only with the help of medications, but also at home, regularly performing therapeutic exercises.
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics
Therapeutic gymnastics is deservedly considered one of the most effective methods for treating cervical osteochondrosis. Even professional medics recommend including therapeutic exercises in a mandatory course of treatment.
The effectiveness of curative gymnastics is that with it you can eliminate the changes that occur in the cartilage tissues. In the early stages, there is the possibility of completely eliminating osteochondrosis solely with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Basic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Basically, in order for therapeutic exercises to be truly effective, their complex should be coordinated with specialists, since for each person the exercises are individual. As an example, we can mention patients with osteochondrosis who have abnormalities in the vestibular apparatus.
For such people, the complex of exercises often excludes the performance of gymnastics, in a standing position, as they may become dizzy. Whatever it was during the first appearance of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis, you need to contact a specialist who correctly plans the treatment.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis has, although widespread, but quite pronounced symptoms. The first sign of this disease is a frequent headache, as well as dizziness. Especially painful sensations can be amplified during sharp movements of a head. Taking painkillers often does not help to get rid of a headache caused by osteochondrosis.
In addition to the above symptoms, the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is accompanied by unstable blood pressure, which can cause noise in the ears, as well as worsening of the general well-being of a person. It is from such symptoms that it is easiest to get rid of by performing gymnastics.
Pain sensations in the neck - one of the symptoms of osteochondrosis
In later stages of cervical osteochondrosis, it can be recognized by aching pain in the chest that can be thrown on the hands. Moreover, such feelings can often be confused with heartache, but taking special medications, the pain does not go away.
Sometimes the patient may experience sensations of numbness in the hands. These are the main symptoms, which indicate that, most likely, a man has an osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. In order for the problem not to be aggravated, it is necessary to apply to a medical institution and undergo an appropriate course of treatment.
How to correctly perform therapeutic exercises
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics is primarily due to the correctness of all the necessary exercises, as well as compliance with all the recommendations of specialists. There are several basic rules, the implementation of which will make therapeutic gymnastics as effective as possible.
The basic rule of performing medical gymnastics concerns the stage of exacerbation of osteochondrosis. That is, if the disease is in the acute stage, all the exercises are strictly contraindicated, due to the fact that therapeutic gymnastics in such cases can exacerbate the problem, as well as provoke an increase in pain.
can also be used in combination with exercise therapy. Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region are effective only if they do not cause the patient any discomfort and do not increase pain. If during the performance of the gym the patient begins to exacerbate the pain, then he needs to stop the exercises for a while. If, on the subsequent exercise, the pain does not pass, then it is recommended that you consult a doctor to coordinate the gym.
It is very important during the gym exercises to monitor the correctness of posture. It is necessary to scorch it to increase the effectiveness of the exercises, and also to avoid injuries to the cervical department during classes.
Physiotherapy exercises should consist of a set of exercises with smooth movements. Sharp movements during the performance of medical gymnastics are contraindicated, due to the fact that they can on the contrary provoke the development of this disease. Whatever it was to perform any medical exercises should be very carefully and carefully, as negligence can lead to negative consequences.
It is recommended to perform the exercises in the complex
. Medical gymnastics is now very effective not only for cervical osteochondrosis, but also for other serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs of a person. It is due to all that with the help of gymnastics you can start recovery processes, reduce symptoms, strengthen muscles and not only. The main and indisputable advantage of therapeutic gymnastics can certainly be considered its accessibility. That is, therapeutic exercises can be performed independently at home, so this does not entail any additional costs.
The most effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, therapeutic gymnastics is often individual, but still there are the most common and effective exercises that almost all patients with a diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis recommend.
The first exercise is performed in a prone position and consists in the correct breathing technique. The patient should lie on his back and stand up, his left hand should be placed on his chest, and the right one on his stomach, this will help control the uniformity of breathing. After a strong inspiration you need to hold your breath for an average of 10 seconds, then exhale and repeat the exercise. Often such an exercise should be performed for 3 minutes, at least three times a day.
The next exercise is also performed in the position, lying, only on the stomach. The main condition for this exercise is straightened legs, since this is how you can achieve maximum effect.
One of the effective controls of the
Having taken the right position, you need to tear off the upper part of the trunk from the surface on which the patient lies and again lower it. Between the climbs it is recommended to pause in twenty seconds, and the exercise itself should be repeated for 3-5 minutes to five times a day.
The third most effective exercise is performed in a position lying on the back, with legs bent at the knee area. Having adopted such a position, it is necessary to carry out turns with the body in different directions, again adhering to the interval of 20 seconds. This exercise should be repeated for five minutes.
In addition to the exercises promoting recovery, a network of activities that are used as prevention. Especially necessary are such exercises for patients with a diagnosis of chronic osteochondrosis.
The first exercise is performed standing or sitting, the main thing is that the back is flat, taking the right position, you need to do head inclinations forward, while tilting downwards you need to take a deep breath, and returning to the starting position - exhale.
After this, you need to press the palm into the forehead area, and you need to apply a lot of force.
The third exercise is to tilt the head to the chest, while standing, and the quadruple in the head turns when lying down.
Often, all the above exercises are combined in a complex, while simultaneously it is recommended to perform both therapeutic and preventive exercises. This therapeutic exercise will help strengthen the cervical spine and thus reduce the symptoms of osteochondrosis. Such exercises deserve many positive reviews, and therefore are very widely used, both at home and in medical institutions. Therapeutic gymnastics is capable not only to get rid of unpleasant symptoms, but also to speed up the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Video - Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Exercise for the neck: exercises for cervical osteochondrosisIf you are more than thirty or you are sedentary, it is time to do a prophylaxis of cervical spine discopathy or, more simply, cervical osteochondrosis.
Diskopathy is a collective term describing various forms of intervertebral disc diseases, including spondyloarthrosis, spondylolisthesis, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernias and disc protrusions.
First of all I say that if you have a sore neck, you need to see a doctor and make an MRI to determine the diagnosis. Do not neglect it and in those cases when you feel pain in the neck after training or when the neck hurts only in the fall or spring. Pay attention to the pain in the shoulders: this can be manifested by the humerous periarthritis, caused by the jamming of the radicular nerve in the neck.
Prophylaxis of discopathy is necessary for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. In addition, in the risk group, all those over the age of 30: the hormonal background changes with age, and this contributes to drying out and reducing the height of intervertebral discs.
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
My recommendations should also be taken into account for those who already need treatment for discopathy, and those who need prevention.
In order for the cartilaginous tissue in the intervertebral disc structure to function normally, it is necessary:
- include enough protein in the diet to supply the tissue;
- there are foods rich in vitamins. For example, vitamin C, which is necessary for the synthesis of collagen, which is part of the cartilage tissue. Collagen well attracts and retains water, and since water does not contract, tissue, having accumulated it, becomes more elastic;
- make sure that the body produces enough of the necessary hormones. In particular, the somatotropic hormone and its derivative - an insulin-like growth factor. This hormone is the main stimulator of the chondrocyte activity, and the chondrocytes are the cells responsible for the formation of the cartilaginous matrix, the height of the intervertebral discs depends on their amount. To influence the production of growth hormone it is possible with the help of the practice of power asanas;
- drink at least two liters of liquid every day, preferably plain water;
- increase the intake of polysaccharides( there is very little in their food).This can help biologically active additives, chondroprotectors - preparations for joints. Included in their composition is glucosamine and chondroitin - this is exactly the form of polysaccharides that chondrocytes feed on. But in the case of dietary supplements, there are several problems: in principle, not all are suitable, many manufacturers do not indicate a sufficient dosage, and in addition, many fake bioadditives are sold in Russia.
Complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Of course, to maintain the health of the joint tissue helps the movement. For the prevention of discoid cervical spine I recommend a series of exercises "Crocodile".To work with the cervical spine, you need to put a roller of a thin yoga mat or a large towel between the first and seventh cervical vertebrae. When doing twists, try not to lift your shoulders from the floor. Each movement repeat 8-16 times and exercise daily or every other day.
Lie on your back, bend your knees, place your feet on the floor, spread your arms to the sides in line with your shoulders and press your fingers to the floor. Pull the abdominal muscles, squeeze the lower back to the floor. On exhalation, turn your head in different directions.
In the same position, strain the lower back, tighten the abdominal muscles and perform twisting, tearing the buttocks off the floor and laying the bent legs to the side. At the same time, turn your head in the opposite direction.
Return to the starting position, lower and straighten your legs. Put the right heel between the large and the 2nd finger of the left foot. Tighten the buttocks and curl from side to side, tearing the buttocks off the floor. Run 8 times in each direction, then change your legs.
Return to the starting position, straighten the left leg, and bend the right leg and place the right foot on the left shin. Twist from side to side, without lifting the foot from the shin. Repeat 8-16 times with each leg.
Next time I will show you the complex of exercises for the prevention of osteochondrosis .
«SPINELINE - Step-by-Step System of Recovery of the Spine»
Methods of spinal cord restoration from yoga therapist Alena Mordovina, instructor of the TV channel Zhivi!- this is a unique exercise for prevention and health of the spine, which will help you recover in the postoperative period after removal of the hernia and in the treatment of protrusion of intervertebral discs. Find out the details here!
Exercises, exercise therapy and gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are an effective method of curative and preventive treatment aimed at improving blood supply, removing the inflammatory process and the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is constantly needed for a person suffering from this disease. Active way of life will help strengthen the spinal muscles, which in turn will stop the development of impaired functioning of the spine and relieve the patient of the pain syndrome.
Indications and contraindications to the appointment of gymnastics with therapeutic purpose
The main indications for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are:
- pains having a vertebrogenic cause;
- any clinical manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis;
- is a high risk of developing intervertebral disc damage, which can lead to fusion of the vertebrae with each other.
- Special contraindications to exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis experts believe:
- acute phase of the disease;
- early postoperative period after surgical interventions on the cervical spine;
- chronic neurological disease;characterized by a pronounced coordination disorder;
- diseases of the organs of the vestibular apparatus;
- acute disease or exacerbation of chronic disease;
- high blood pressure levels;
- heart rhythm disturbances( arrhythmia);
- expressed myopia, the development of glaucoma.
With the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis, exercise should be started no earlier than an hour and a half after eating. If during the medical gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis the patient suddenly feels severe pain, nausea or dizziness, you should stop the exercise and sit down to rest.
Positive effects from curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis
Medical gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis gives effect quite quickly. In some patients, changes in the positive side become noticeable immediately after the first few days of performing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis. The rate of appearance of a positive effect depends on the form and stage of the disease, and if the improvement in the cutoff is not noticeable, the training plan should be adjusted, but it is necessary to continue them and the result will necessarily appear.
But this happens only if the course of exercise therapy is correctly chosen for cervical osteochondrosis. With an incorrectly selected plan for physical training, a drastic deterioration in the condition may occur. In order to choose a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, you must always contact a competent specialist.
Gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis brings the following positive effects:
- The spinal muscles that support the spinal column are strengthened and become more plastic, this does not allow deforming the spinal column to develop.
- In the cervical spine improves blood flow and lymph flow, resulting in faster metabolism and speeding up the recovery process.
- Decreased activity of the inflammatory process.
- Restoration of the volume of movements in the spine.
- Decreased pressure on spinal nerve rootlets.
- Acquisition of correct posture.
- Weight reduction with regular exercise of physical therapy in cervical osteochondrosis causes a decrease in the load on the spine and large joints( if the patient has problems with excess weight).
To achieve a better effect, experts recommend the alternation of static and dynamic type of load and mandatory rest minutes between the performance of individual exercises. On the Internet in large numbers you can find video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis.
Recommendations for charging
Therapeutic physical training for cervical osteochondrosis does not require large cash injections, special gym equipment or trips to the gym, it is enough to have sports clothes, a rug that will not slide on the floor, a chair with a high backrest or( more preferably) a ballfor fitness .In order to charge with cervical osteochondrosis brought a positive effect, it is necessary:
- Do not just download video from the Internet video gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis, but be sure to consult a doctor before starting classes.
- The first lesson should last no longer than 20-25 minutes and each exercise throughout it has only one approach, afterwards the duration of the charge itself for osteochondrosis of the neck and the amount of approach can be gradually increased.
- The first few sessions must be carried out under the supervision of a specialist, until the patient learns how to do the gymnastics correctly, and only then you can continue doing exercises at home.
- It is necessary not to forget that during the acute process, it is absolutely impossible to do gymnastics.
- All movements performed with cervical osteochondrosis of the gym should be very slow, accurate, smooth.
- You can not move your head in a circle or throw your head sharply in the direction of your back.
- It is possible to perform stretching exercises or use pulling devices only under the supervision of a doctor, independent extension of the cervical spine can lead to serious injury, even gymnastics video with cervical osteochondrosis can not give an idea of how to properly pull.
- Any of the exercises should not cause even the slightest pain.
Complex for cervical-thoracic version of osteochondrosis
The complex of exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis includes static and dynamic exercises that are designed specifically for those suffering from this disease. If you can not figure out how to do the movements yourself, you can watch the LFK video for cervical osteochondrosis. It is not necessary to perform the whole complex in the first lesson, you can do just a couple of exercises, but the main thing is not to forget about the alternation of static load and dynamic movements for the spine.
Performing these exercises requires special slowness and smoothness, the amplitude should be minimal, and the load on the muscles opposite the maximum. At the first lessons, the appearance of weak painful sensations( at the same time it is necessary to stop the exercise).Later, you may need to increase the load, for which you can use dumbbells of different weights.
- The starting position( IP) is standing, hands are divorced to the sides, palms facing forward. Inhale, bend and take back your hands, try to get the blades together. While it is possible to linger in the accepted position, relax during an exhalation( 5-6 repetitions in one call).
- IP - sit on the floor, back straight. On a slow inspiration, turn your head to the side until you feel tension in your muscles, turn back in exhalation. Then do the same in the other direction( 1-2 repetitions).
- IP - as in the previous exercise, perform a slow inclination of the head to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten and make the slopes back and forth.
- IP - lie on the stomach, palms on the back of the head. On inhalation, try to lift the chest with muscle, tilt the head and try to touch the chest with your chin. Try to raise your head, under the pressure exerted by your hands.(3-4 repetitions).
The figure shows additional exercises for pain in the upper back.
Dynamic gymnastics with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is performed at a fast pace, with the alternation of movements with periods of relaxation. The indicators of the correct speed can be considered the rapidity of respiratory movements and heartbeats. Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can be found on the Internet, viewing it will help to make the gymnastics correct and get rid of the basic mistakes of the complex, which are encountered practically by all involved.
- IP - standing, perform rotation with your hands 5-12 times forward and as much back. The amplitude of the movements is maximal.
- IP - as in the previous exercise, quickly raise the shoulders, first in turn, then both at once( repeat 5-12 times).
- FE - sitting, arm stretched out to the side, try to look at the palm without making a turn in the waist( turning only with his head).Return to the IP and execute in the other direction( repeat 5 to 12 times).
- IP- lie on your stomach, breathing in to lift the chest as high as possible from the floor, hands to pull up, exhaling to lie down on the floor( repeat 5-12 times).
In addition to the basic exercises, you can use yoga in cervical osteochondrosis, it will help relax and strengthen the muscles, as well as stretching the cervical spine.
For those whose work is associated with a long stay in one posture( mostly sitting), a good prevention of the development of disturbances in the functioning of the spinal column will be charging for cervical osteochondrosis. It must be done for several minutes every hour and a half of sitting work. Such charging includes turns and inclinations of the head, lifting and lowering of the shoulders, circular movements of the head and shoulders.
You can also read our article about the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies and medications, along with exercises, this can be a great effect.
Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:Read more © The joints and ligaments 2015 when copying is required, an active link to the source. For communication and accommodation: [email protected] Before using the information, consult a doctor!
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis - an indispensable component of therapy
Diseases of the cervical spine are increasingly common among general diagnoses. To date, many of the patients tend to ignore medical appointments in terms of curative gymnastics. However, exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are essential for a more rapid recovery. Of course, such gymnastics can not be called a panacea for all problems with the spine. However, the implementation of specially selected exercises helps in inhibiting pathology, contributes to the improvement of general well-being and speedy recovery.
Methods of preventive curative gymnastics
The purpose of gymnastics should be supervised by an orthopedic specialist. For each patient the program will be individual, taking into account the age factor and features of the diagnosis. The purpose of such rehabilitation should be to prevent displacement of the vertebrae and compression of the nerves.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine should begin with simple movements. In the supine position, one of the arms is placed on the chest, the other on the stomach. First, perform a slow, smooth breath, working with the stomach or diaphragm, then, in the same way, exhale the air. The main thing is to relax the whole body. Ideally, 3-4 approaches will be needed during the day, 10 replicates.
Another effective position lying down, only the back to the top, you can include in the exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis. It is necessary to perform a slow lifting of the head and torso. Hands will serve as a support. This position should be kept for 1-2 minutes and return to the starting position. Repeat several more times. An important moment will be the correct shoulder posture, it must be strictly controlled.
In the same position - back up - you can make head turns in different directions, trying to touch the ear of the floor. At the appearance of the slightest pain, the exercise is stopped. The number of possible repetitions is up to 6.
Correct head inclinations for cervical osteochondrosis.
Lying exercises from cervical osteochondrosis can be supplemented with an exercise in a sitting posture. On a slow exhalation, the torso is tilted forward. At the same time, the chin is trying to pull closer to the chest. Breathing in, they try to take their heads back, throwing it back a little. Do a day to 3 sets of 10 times.
Such simple physical loads will become effective regardless of the stage of osteochondrosis, and in some cases will contribute to even partial regression. In order to make it easier for the patient to orient in correct execution of poses, one can use as an example physical exercises for cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis on video.
Complex of elementary exercises for home and work
This complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis pursues several important goals:
- The development of muscles surrounding the spine.
- Strengthening the muscular framework.
- Increased blood flow to the muscles and joints.
The first exercises can be performed in a sitting position. Initially, smooth slow turns of the head are performed up to 10 times in each side. The chin should aim towards the shoulder. This helps to ensure mobility. Then carry out the chin by touching the chest - up to 10 times. This method promotes a soft stretching of the posterior muscle group.
Such exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can be supplemented with a great workout for office workers who are forced to spend a lot of time at their desk. The starting position is the same sitting, the back is straightened. Working only with the neck, they try to move it back, helping with the chin. The neck can not be unbent. The number of repetitions is up to 10 times.
A special warm-up is provided to strengthen the lateral neck muscles. It can also be included in general exercises from osteochondrosis of the neck. It is necessary to take a sitting posture, propping one side of the arm and elbow. The palm and temple should touch. In the same direction, the slope is carried out, and the hand is counteracted. It is recommended to be in this position for about 10 seconds, and after that rest for the same amount. The total number of repetitions is up to 10 times.
A special technique will be a circular warm-up by the pads of the toes of the temporal areas, as well as in zones slightly higher than the auricle and in the occipital part. This helps get rid of not only the emerging headaches, but also from periodic dizziness.
Some Rules for Exercising the Neck of the
There is a small list of general rules. They are able to turn standard exercises in the osteochondrosis of the neck into a full-fledged medical component. These include:
- Exercise at every opportunity, especially for people with sedentary work.
- Application in the morning and in the evening standing position instead of sitting poses.
- If you have a feeling of pain, perform head turns at least 10 times - for warm-up.
- Combination of any exercises and techniques of cervical self-massage.
- Combination of workout of the neck zone with the training of the shoulder and arms.
Such rules favorably affect not only the neck, but also the thoracic spine.
Approximate composition of the warm-up complex