Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis can be the cause of headaches, dizziness, pain in the chest, poor vision( blurred image).Considering the fact that this is a very common and serious disease that entails many complications, it is important to start timely complex treatment and apply preventive measures.
- Massage and self-massage;
- Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical region.
Gymnastics is one of the main components of prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Exercises in the proposed complex are aimed at relaxing, increasing the functionality and tone of the neck muscles. Exercises are performed in order.
When starting a set of exercises, remember:
Your task is to tone your muscles and make them elastic. Doing the complex, do everything rhythmically, slowly. Rapid and abrupt executions will only worsen the condition and injure strenuous muscles.
- The neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis are performed on a flat surface.
- You will need a chair, a rug, cushions under your knees, hands and a small pillow( or a towel rolled up by a roller) under your neck.
- Repeat each exercise three times before proceeding to the next one.
- If you feel discomfort during the exercise, then reduce the load.
Complex of exercises
- Lie on the floor, put under your knees, hands and neck pillows. Relax, turning your neck slowly sideways. Slowly, raise your hands and drop them. Raise your head, look to the left and drop it, also make it to the left. Without straining, take a deep breath and exhale.
- Sit on a chair and shrug your shoulders.
- Lie on your back. Turn the head to the left, then to the right. Also, do the sitting exercise.
- Sitting on a chair, put your hands on your neck behind your head, close your fingers. Tilt your elbows back as far as possible, then lower your arms and relax.
- Sitting on a chair, bend your arms in the elbows and put the brush on your forearms. Cross your elbows, at the same time, move the right hand to the left, and the left hand to the right. There should be tension in the muscles of the back. Put your hands down and relax.
- Sitting on your lap, put the forearms of your hands and hands on the floor. Start sliding on the arms forward, while straightening the back gradually. Keep your head straight.
- Lying on the stomach. Place a pillow under your hips. Try to keep the shoulder blades, then relax. If you complicate the exercise and shrug your shoulders, the effect will be better.
- Lie on your back, knees bend, hands extend along the hips. Slowly lift your shoulders and head, lower them and relax.
- Like exercise 8, but turn your head then to the left, then to the right.
- Lie down on your pillow. The feet must be fixed. Pull your hands along your hips and lift your back to the horizontal line. Try not to bend back.
If therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are performed in good faith and regularly, it will help improve the condition of the spine and muscles. If you do not do regular exercises, you can only do harm.
In osteochondrosis of the cervical department, a complex designed to self-correction has been developed. Exercises are performed slowly and smoothly with great care. Repeat each exercise you need five times. After each stage, you need to relax and breathe deeply.
This complex of exercise therapy promotes the increase of mobility and flexibility of the spine, corrects the spine, trains muscles, stimulates blood circulation and metabolism.
Video with therapeutic gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis:
Exercises for self-correction of the cervical part
Gymnastics in cervical osteochondrosis has a beneficial effect on the entire spine.
1. Put four fingers of one hand on the seventh cervical vertebra( the most protruding vertebra of the neck), covering them with the fingers of the left hand. With two hands, press on the protruding part of the neck. Simultaneously, by moving the head back, move the overlying department, without lifting your head up.You can also read: Therapeutic physical training in diseases of the spine
The chin, if done correctly, should move parallel to the floor. Hold yourself 10 seconds. Then, in the initial position, relax for 5 seconds. Pose while doing exercises, hold on inhalation. In repetition, the amplitude should be increased.
2. When performing exercises, the muscles of the back and neck should be as relaxed as possible. Inhale. On exhalation, tilt your head in a painful direction. Hold the pose for 15 seconds, trying to relax the muscles of the neck. If you repeat, increase the angle. After exercise, do self-massage, stroking the painful side.
3. Fix the palm of one hand with the side surface of the healthy side of the neck, with the palm of the other, press on the painful side surface of the head. In this case, try to tilt your head in a healthy direction for 10 seconds. When the exercise is repeated, gradually increase the pressure.
These exercises are part of the gymnastics complex for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
It should be noted that exercise therapy for diseases of the spine is carried out only after consulting a doctor. Not every state shows exercises and massage.
In the presence of acute pain, inflammation, a tendency to increase blood pressure, life-threatening diseases( aneurysms, heart defects, etc.) and oncological diseases, these exercises are contraindicated!
Video exercises for chest osteochondrosis
Thoracic osteochondrosis of the spine is not so common. This is due to the lack of mobility of the thoracic region due to restrictions on the ribs attached to it. However, if it was formed, then it is necessary to sound the alarm. The presence of deformity of the thoracic area will inevitably affect the work of the lungs and heart - pulmonary and cardiac insufficiency, angina and arrhythmia may occur. Help can exercise with chest osteochondrosis. They allow to stabilize the spine, to achieve the release of blocked vertebrae and relieve pain.
Exercises for chest osteochondrosis increase the mobility of the spine and improve the ventilation of the lungs
With chest osteochondrosis, it sometimes hurts to breathe. The fact is that in the breath takes part not only the ribs of the chest, but also the spine, stretching with each breath for some distance. If the spine is hard, then breathing can cause pain in the back, giving off in the ribs, sternum and heart. This is explained by the radicular neuralgia .The bodies of the thoracic vertebrae are large, and the intervertebral canal, on the contrary, is narrow, so even a small deformity can exert pressure on the nerve and cause unexplained pain.
The causes of chest osteochondrosis are often
- Sedentary, for many years, a lifestyle, most often associated with the genus of activity.
- Scoliosis of the late stage
- Unhealed cervical osteochondrosis
Just as lumbar osteochondrosis sooner or later passes into the lumbosacral and cervical osteochondrosis, progressing, turns into cervicothoracic. The reason for this is the immediate proximity of the departments and the connection of the cervicothoracic muscles, whose spasm most often leads to a painful syndrome and limits mobility.
Symptoms of cervical chest osteochondrosis
Chest-chest osteochondrosis has mixed symptoms: it simultaneously has signs of cervical and immediate chest:
- Very frequent headaches and dizziness
- Asthenic syndrome( lethargy, apathy and low mobility)
- Increased blood pressure
- Pain and numbness in thescapular and thoracic area, fingers
- Pain in the ribs and heart area and other symptoms
If you have a mixed type of this spinal column disease diagnosed, then you need exercises withcervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
Warning. When osteochondrosis of the thoracic area is very dangerous to do self-diagnosis! If the pain in the neck is most often associated with osteochondrosis, the pain in the chest, on the contrary, is most often caused by other diseases. Therefore, before going to the exercise room, be sure to watch this video:
The main idea of the video at the end:
Pain in the thoracic spine is most likely caused by diseases of the ODA, most often they are caused by irradiation from other internal organs of
But when you have the diagnosis accurately, and it is thoracic, or cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, then the question of exercise therapy is put urgently.
The goals of such physical education are not only correcting spinal defects. It is carried out in three important directions:
- Unlock the inactive vertebrae by increasing the amplitude of motion in the joints of the vertebrae and ribs.
- . Relieve tension in the thoracic, brachial and cervical muscles.
- . Increase lung ventilation by increasing the depth of inspiration.
. But to diagnose the mobility of the thoracic spine,yourself, after watching the following video:
After this, you can start the exercises.
Exercises for chest osteochondrosis
Perform them in such a way that they give pleasure and not physical suffering, and stop immediately when the pain increases.
Exercises for chest osteochondrosis should be performed, avoiding the appearance of pain
- Lean to the left and right with your hands pressed to the trunk. Then we raise our arms above the head and left arm, wrapping our right hand around the wrist, pulling the arm and leaning to the left. Repeat the same to the right.(This exercise should be carefully performed with scoliosis)
- We sit on a chair, rest against the back with the shoulder blades and maximally bend back. Then lean forward
- For this exercise, you need a soft roller about 10 cm in diameter( for example, a rolled towel).We lay down on the back and put a platen under the lower part of the thoracic region. We put our hands behind our head and several times we lift the upper part of the body. Then move the roller up slightly upwards. This exercise simultaneously stretches the spine and kneads the muscles of the
- . The following exercise is designed to improve ventilation of the lungs and increases the degree of mobility of the chest. We wrap the bottom of the breast with a sheet or a towel. Deeply inhale, then exhale and on the very exhalation we curl with the force of the sheet around ourselves, trying to squeeze out the whole air
- Exercise lying on the stomach. The idea is to lift the chest above the floor surface in three variants of the hand position:
- with the hands extended
- with the
- located along the trunk with the backs locked in the lock( at the maximum lifting point we pull them back, bringing the shoulder blades together)
Watch the video exercises for the treatment of chest osteochondrosis:
Exercises for cervical chest osteochondrosis
The following exercises are suitable for the treatment of chest osteochondrosis:
- Sitting on a chair, lift up one shoulder, then another - the exercise is called "insi »
- Putting hands on his shoulders, rotate your shoulders forward, then back
- Raising his arms above his head, lifts his head up and reach for hands
- taps his left hand sweeping gesture to the left and a little behind him, turning his head to the left, accompany gaze hand. The same - with the right hand
- We put the left hand from below on the right scapula, and the right one - from above, trying to meet the fingers of both hands. Turn your head to the left. Then, in the same way, we connect the hands on the left shoulder blade, turning the head to the right
. We repeat the exercises 10-15 times.
Video exercises for the treatment of chest osteochondrosis:
LFK with cervical osteochondrosis: 16 effective exercises, training rules
Osteochondrosis of the spine can bring a lot of troubles. Independently improve the physical and emotional well-being, to save the body from the onset of exacerbations of the disease in the future will help exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical department.
Regular gymnastics reduces the risk of repeated exacerbations, reduces chronic pain in the neck and shoulders, restores sensitivity and strength in the hands, trains the vestibular apparatus( which reduces dizziness and headache).
It is better to start exercise LFK under the supervision of the instructor, so that he taught you to correctly perform all exercises. In general, the gymnastic complex, which includes isometric blocks( without moving parts of the body in space) and dynamic activity, is simple to perform, and everyone can do gymnastics at home.
Further in the article - popular and safe complexes of 6 isometric and 10 dynamic exercises.
Every patient with cervical osteochondrosis, who is engaged in exercise therapy
, should know this. Physiotherapy exercises for cervical osteochondrosis should not be performed during exacerbation of the disease. Do not try to "stretch" the neck, "disperse" the pain, somehow affect your condition. If you feel worsening - immediately contact a neurologist!
If the doctor( neurologist) has determined the instability of the cervical vertebrae for your x-ray of the spine or palpation - be sure to look into the orthopedic salon or pharmacy and get a special soft collar for the neck. It will save you from dangerous complications when doing exercises.
Osteophytes - subulate-like bone growths visible on the roentgenogram of the spine - another reason to take more scrupulously to the choice of exercises for exercise therapy. With osteophytes active movements in the cervical spine during dynamic training should not be performed, otherwise you risk damaging the osteophytes with nerve trunks passing in the neck.
Six exercises of the isometric complex
With isometric gymnastics, the body's traversed area is not displaced in space: that is, there are no inclinations, twists and turns.
You or your partner put pressure on any part of the body, and by the forces of the muscles counteract this pressure. The number of repetitions of exercise of this complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis depends on the degree of your preparedness: it can be 3-4 repetitions on each side, and 6-8.The duration of counteraction of the applied force during the execution of each repetition is 5-6 seconds.
The starting position in all exercises is below - sitting exactly on a chair, feet shoulder width apart.
With the palm of your hand, push the area of the temple and cheekbone from one side( left palm - left cheek, right palm - right cheek).
Tighten the muscles of the neck, holding the arm counter.
Repeat from the other side.
Tie your fingers in the lock. In this position, press your forehead with your palms extended to it.
Straining your neck, counter the pressure.
Place your hands under your chin, closed into fists, and press down on the chin in the direction from the bottom up.
Do not move your head in space, provide resistance.
Hook your fingers behind your head in the lock. In this position, push the occipital-parietal region with your hands, as if trying to lower your head to the chest, and create a counter-head with your head.
The right hand with an open palm is located in the area of the left cheek and cheekbone. Push your hand against your face, as if trying to turn it to the right. Create resistance with the muscles of the neck.
Repeat the exercise for the opposite side.
Put your head on your chest, and cross your arms at the back of your head. Put your hands on the nape of the neck, and with the muscles of the neck, counteract such that slowly bring your head back to a vertical position.
Ten exercises of the dynamic complex
When doing this type of exercise therapy it is important not to overdo it:
- You can not make complete head turns around / counterclockwise.
- The maximum tilting of the head back is fraught with deterioration, so it is contraindicated.
- Movements should not be sharp, impetuous: all perform slowly, leisurely.
- Because osteochondrosis of the spine is often accompanied by instability of the posture, dizziness, exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out in a sitting position on the stool.
- The number of repetitions is 5-8.
ExercisesStarting position Exercise
1. Sit with your back straight on a chair, place your legs slightly apart. Hands stretch forward in front of you.
Squeeze your hands into fists - release them. Do the exercise several times, then shake your hands.
2. Sit on a chair, feet in front of you on the width of the shoulders, hands on the knees.
Raise the straightened arm to the side parallel to the floor. Without sudden movements, make turns with the body along with the hand in one direction, with the other hand - in the other direction( left arm - turn the body to the left, right - to the right).
3. Sit on a chair, bent at the knees of your feet a little apart, place your arms at the waist.
Tilt your head to the left and to the right, as if trying to get your ear to the appropriate shoulder.
4. Position sitting on a chair. Bend your hands as much as possible( elbows on shoulders).
Through the sides, raise your bent arms to a position parallel to the floor and lower them back.
5. Sitting, rest your hands in the chair seat on the sides of the trunk.
In this position, hold the circles with the shoulder belt first on, and after counterclockwise.
6. Seated position.
With a small amplitude, turn the head to the left and to the right( as if looking to the left, then to the right).
7. In the sitting position, hold your hands in front of you in the lock.
Raise your hands in this position up to the level of the head, then lower it down.
8. Position sitting, hands on the chair seat.
Tilt your head on your chest - return to the upright position.
9. Continue to sit on a chair. Hands stretched down along the trunk.
Bend your arms in the elbows, sliding along the trunk with your palms upwards towards the armpits. With the same sliding motion, return your hands to their original position.
10. Sit on a chair. Hands at the seams.
Raise your elongated left arm in front of you no higher than to shoulder level. The palm is down.
Simultaneously straighten the right hand, pull back( palm up).Repeat for the other hand.
Of course, exercise therapy is not a panacea, , and to help with osteochondrosis of the spine was the most effective, a whole complex of measures is needed, including medications, manual therapy, physiotherapy.
But LFK with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine does not require special equipment and even considerable space in the room, many exercises can be performed even in the workplace. And this is a great opportunity for each patient to help himself. Regular sessions of physiotherapy exercises have a beneficial effect not only on the course of the disease and the symptoms of the disease, but also on the mood, relieving patients from a feeling of depression, melancholy, fatigue and even depressive disorders.
Author: Elena Delver
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis: isometric and dynamic complex of exercises
Osteochondrosis affects cartilage tissues and bone system located in the vertebral parts. The complexity of osteochondrosis of cervical localization is the spread of the pathological process to the neurovascular system, which communicates with the brain.loading. ..
The column of the spine in the cervical region is characterized by increased mobility, which often leads to nerve pinches and blockages. To get rid of them, resort to therapeutic physical training, which significantly reduces the rehabilitation duration after osteochondrosis exacerbations.
Importance of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Therapeutic physical training helps to eliminate swelling, normalizes nutrition and blood supply in the affected tissues, helps in the formation and strengthening of the muscular corset, increases motor abilities, etc.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, a wide variety of complexes have been developed by specialists:
- Strengthening the cervical and pectoral muscles;
- On motor coordination;
- Relaxation of muscle tissue;
- Swimming gymnastics, etc.
Therapy aimed at getting rid of osteochondrosis lesions requires a special approach, since such a pathology can negatively affect the functionality of the hands and the blood supply to the brain.
LFK in osteochondrosis lesions of the cervical vertebrae is rightfully considered to be the most effective therapeutic technique providing muscular strengthening, increasing the motor amplitude of movements, relieving pain symptoms, preventing nerve root compression and muscle atrophy, improving the oxygen supply of the diseased area and the brain.Due to the influence of exercise therapy, the elasticity of the intervertebral ligaments increases and the likelihood of forming processes on the bones( osteophytes), capable of damaging nearby nerves and vessels, decreases.
The main condition that guarantees the effectiveness of therapeutic physical education is the adherence to the right tactics and the daily execution of the exercises.
An important condition for the therapy of osteochondrosis by the LFK method is proper posture. This must be remembered at all times, regardless of what is being done at the moment: walking, sitting at a table, bustling in the kitchen, etc.loading. ..
Rules for the conduct of exercise therapy
For the maximum effect, exercises of exercise therapy are required in compliance with a number of rules:
- Before starting the exercise, you need to warm up the muscles a little, for this purpose it is advised to massage the neck or make several inclined and rotated head movements, alternately in each direction;
- In contrast to other localizations of osteochondrosis in the pathology of the cervical vertebrae, doctors are not recommended to perform physical exercises if the disease is in an aggravated stage;
- You need to start with the simplest practice, gradually completing the complex by increasing the number of repetitions and more complex elements;
- Specialists advise you to perform treatment sessions every day, preferably at the same time( in the evenings or after waking up);
- Perform complex should be without fuss and nervousness, move smoothly and smoothly. If you feel discomfort - stop the exercise and go on to the next one. It is necessary to exclude such elements that cause morbidity;
- LFK, conducted with osteochondrosis of the neck, should additionally include the training of the hands, pectoral and brachial muscles and joints.
Therapeutic physical training is not only charging on the rug, it involves training in simulators or swimming. Just do not choose yourself to exercise exercises, it will be much safer and more effective if the doctor does this.
Has proved its effectiveness in anti-osteopochondrosis therapy and yoga, as this practice involves thoughtful and slow performance of exercises that are not capable of damaging the spine.
The exercises of physical therapy help to stop the pathological destruction of vertebral discs and cartilage tissues, so they are necessarily included in the anti-osteochondrosis therapeutic complex. In general, exercises against cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into two broad groups: dynamic and isometric complexes of .Isometric exercises have a positive effect on blood supply and muscle corset, promote mental performance, improve visual functions and memory.
Isometric exercises are based on only one principle - the amplitude of oscillations in their execution should be minimal. This kind of exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical and lateral muscle tissues. Such exercises are indispensable for those who are engaged in sedentary work, spending a lot of time at the computer or papers.
It is possible to perform such therapeutic exercise from any starting position, the main thing is that the shoulders are deployed and the back is straight:
- Place the palm of your hand with the fingers locked in the lock on the forehead and press it as if you are going to throw your head back. At the same time, resistance should be provided by the tension of the neck muscles;
- It is necessary to press the palm on the cheek, as if you are trying to tilt your head, at the same time you have to resist the pressure, straining the muscles of your neck. Exercise should be done on each side for 3-4 rubles;
- Put the palms of your hand woven in the fingers on the occipital part and try to throw back the head while resisting the palms;
- Press your chin into your fists, try to tilt your head down, while resisting your hands.
Video-complex of isometric exercises of physiotherapy exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
These exercises assume the overcoming of resistance without motor activity. When performing, you need to strain the neck muscles for 5-6 seconds, then relax them for about 15 seconds. Each exercise must be performed at least 3 times. Over time, their number is increased to 7-10.During the exercise, you should strain your muscles with inspiration, and with exhalation - relax.
Dynamic exercises assume the presence of different degrees of stress on the cervical vertebrae, they have a beneficial effect on the health of the spine and prevent muscular atrophy.
Similar exercises can not be performed during the period of exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Dynamic complex involves the motor activity of the neck muscles and vertebrae:
- Turns head - 15 times for each side;
- Head incline with the shoulders touching the shoulders - 10 p.left and right;
- Lifting-lowering the shoulders with a 10-second delay, the elbows can not be bent. Exercise is especially useful for individuals who spend a lot of time at the monitor;
- Tilting head forward with a touch of chest chin. Make 10 times. Exercise increases vertebral flexibility and prevents muscular atrophy;
- Lying on the stomach, you need to raise your head, holding it in this position for about 2-3 minutes;
- Lying on his back pulling his knees to his chest and reach for them with his chin, trying to touch. Run at least 7 times.
Instead of warm-up, a set of similar exercises can be supplemented with circular movements and swinging hands.
Where can I enroll in the exercise room
Some patients do not have enough time to perform medical exercises, and some people are too lazy to do them. Help in this situation can be group lessons. Usually such a practice is present in each clinic, you only need to get a referral from a neurologist.
Those who do not want to jostle in the hospital queue of the state medical institution, you can contact a private medical center and enroll in paid courses or hire a personal instructor.The main thing is to contact the medical centers, rather than the fitness halls, because the latter employ people with sports education, who have nothing to do with medicine and do not know all the subtleties of conducting medical and physical training.
There is another option. In the network you can find a lot of videos with the necessary exercises. Choose a suitable complex for yourself and discuss it with the doctor.
After your doctor's approval, start independent home activities. In general, the options are sufficient, most importantly, to adhere to the recommended exercises and correctly implement them, only then therapeutic exercise will help.
By the way, it is possible to perform similar exercises for the prevention of vertebral diseases in people at risk of their development.
Complex of exercise exercises LFK and massage for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis:Loading. .. Do you like this article? Share with your friends on social networks: Facebook
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home( video, photo)
Healing physical activity
Different stages of the disease require a special approach in therapy. Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are effective at each stage. During the period of exacerbations, the patient is recommended to lie on a tight bed. Under the knees it is better to paddle the roller to relax the muscles.
Physical stress on the body should be moderate and carried out systematically. During an exacerbation it is important to get a doctor's recommendation about the reduction of strength exercises. Thus treatment will not have the opposite effect.
The course of treatment of exercise therapy has a positive effect on pathology and gives such results:
- Eliminates the cause of cervical osteochondrosis with hypodynamia.
- Eliminates congestion in muscles, vessels of the neck;
- Facilitates the patient's health, eliminates pain in the head and neck, dizziness, general weakness and other manifestations.
- Prevent further development of the disease or act as preventive measures for a healthy person.
The main thing when doing exercises is to strengthen the muscles of the back and neck. They should perform their function - to support the spine when walking or sitting on a chair.
Treatment with gymnastics is a positive factor for improving blood flow and lymph flow. Thanks to which the process of metabolism is established.
When and where do you start?
During the day, always knead your neck. This is useful not only in the presence of cervical osteochondrosis, but also for the prevention of disease
. Select a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, taking into account the time of day. Most often, gymnastics are recommended in the morning as a charge. But during the day it is important to maintain posture and perform some physical exercises. Well, if at work there is a simulator. Then you can work out at lunchtime. But often these are very rare cases.
Perform physical combinations better under the supervision of an experienced coach. For this you can go to the gym. But you need to choose a simulator on its strength. It is important to mention the coach about his problem. Then a set of activities will be chosen to eliminate the disease.
In view of the fact that you can sit, sit, lie, exercise, you can even in transport on the way to work and back. Just walking in the park you can stop for a minute and stretch your neck. Even when you come to the waiting room at the station or in the cinema, you can take a minute for your aching neck.
Do not think about how people will look at you. The main thing is health. Outsiders will not be embarrassed at the appearance of the first positive results.
Medication of osteochondrosis of the cervical region can be successfully combined with gymnastics. Physical exercises are different. You can choose specifically for yourself after consulting a doctor.
- The man lies on the floor. One hand places on the abdomen, the other puts on the chest. A gentle breath - an exhalation. Repeat 8-10 times. It is important to relax the muscles. Exercise is repeated 3-4 times at different times of the day.
- Standing or sitting position, hands down along the trunk, back to align. Perform smooth turns of the head to the right and left.5 to 10 times.
- Abdominal position. Care must be taken to lift the head, trunk, hands must rest against the floor. So hold 1-1,5min, then smoothly return to the starting position. Care must be taken not to let the shoulders fall. Exercises are performed 3-4 times a day.
- Lie down on the abdomen, arms stretched along the trunk. Slowly turn your head to the right. Try to cuddle your ear to the floor. Then in the opposite direction. When doing exercises, nothing should hurt! Make 5-6 times. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
Useful exercises for the neck
- Standing or sitting to try to raise the shoulders to the ears, keep 10 seconds.
- In the sitting position. Slowly, for exhalation lean forward, as close as possible to the chin to the chest. On inspiration slowly throw back his head, try to look as far as possible. Repeat 10-15 times. The exercise itself is performed 2-3 times a day.
- In the same position, you need to press your forehead against your hands. Give maximum pressure. Exercise is done by exhaling air! Run 5-6 times. The day to perform 3-4 times.
- If the stage is not running, you can perform cautious head rotation in both directions.
You can also do exercises in nature, combining business with pleasure!
Osteochondrosis is often not treated at all. Patients refer to lack of time and money. Of course, not everyone can afford to buy a simulator or regularly visit the gym. But there is an open-air hall in every school, near the institute or at the city stadium. And do not let an expensive simulator go there. But there is a convenient and high-quality inventory for outdoor activities. And there is no need to pay there. Instead of a coach, physical therapy will be controlled by the individual recommendations of the treating doctor.
The simulator can be done at home. You can equip a special wall for training by means of improvised materials. And then you will have a gym better than any private one. And the family budget is practically not affected.
For the patient on osteochondrosis of the cervical department the best simulator is the floor. Practically all kinds of gymnastics should be performed lying on the floor.
You can equip the hall for classes in the middle of any room or on the street. You can download from the Internet a video lesson on performing gymnastics such as:
- exercises from osteochondrosis;
- healthy spine, etc.
The body of each person is adapted to activity: walking, running, swimming. A sitting at the monitor or in front of the TV without unnecessary movement negatively affects the posture, there is an osteochondrosis of the cervical region. To maintain the health of the spine, choose the best simulator for yourself and perform an individual set of exercises under the supervision of a doctor. Then your spine will be healthy.
By the age of 40-45 this disease occurs in almost every second person, therefore in this article we will consider the main possibilities for avoiding the disease.
If earlier experts agreed that the problem of osteochondrosis affects the spine, now the views on this have changed dramatically.
Spine disease in any case affects the basic systems of life of the human body, so the osteochondrosis of the cervical region can be detrimental to the work of the liver, kidneys, stomach and even the heart system.
The term "osteochondrosis" refers to developing dystrophic changes in the spine, which lead to the destruction of intervertebral discs( plates), the dissection of bone tissue and the pinching of sensitive nerve endings.
Stages of the disease
Pathological development of cervical osteochondrosis can develop against a background of various factors. It is generally accepted to distinguish 3 stages of the development of the disease:
- At the first stage, the so-called dehydration of the pulpous nucleus occurs, which is caused by the complication of arthrosis problems. Dystrophic changes in muscles and intervertebral discs also appear. Because of this, their displacement occurs at different angles with the infringement of nerve endings and blood vessels.
- The second stage of development of cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by impaired stability of the entire vertebral system, which is the result of changes in the points of fixation of muscles with bones. Vertebrae become mobile.
- The third stage is the most difficult and can easily develop into a chronic variant of the disease. It is characterized by possible prolapses, protrusions and complex dislocations of joints without external influence. Patients may experience constant pain in the neck, which can not be removed even by strong medications.
If you began to notice that at different times of the day there were aching pains in the neck, there are lumbago in the arm or chest, this is the reason for immediate treatment in a medical institution with the aim of establishing a diagnosis and prescribing the right treatment.
At each of the listed stages of the disease development, doctors take certain actions aimed at curing.How effective is prostate massage with proper performance?
About how the rejuvenating massage of Asahi's face and about its creator appeared in this article.
Myositis of muscles. A terrible disease, especially when it comes to the muscles of the back. For information on how to prevent and treat it, go to: http: //vsetelo.com/bolezni/ zabolevaniya-oda /miozit/ myshci-spiny.html
Advantages of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
Why physical exercises and physical education are so important at the stage of cervical osteochondrosis treatment? They allow not only to reduce pain sensations or completely get rid of them, but also to return the muscles to normal tone.
This has a favorable effect on the blood flow, as the brain receives the required amount of blood. Next, we recommend that you look at the video, which shows the basic exercises of exercise.
Be sure to remember that exercise therapy for osteochondrosis should be carried out in strict accordance with the doctor's instructions. In the opposite case, this complex should be discarded, so as not to cause more damage to your body. LFK is replaced by medicinal methods of treatment, so you should not be upset.Strict compliance with recipes and recommendations is the key to recovery!
The whole complex of physiotherapy exercises includes unique exercises and warm-up movements that contribute to the rapid recovery of a person. Let's go directly to the exercises that you have to perform for a quick victory over the disease.
The main complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
As it was said above - the main task of the exercise therapy is to improve the mobility of vertebral discs, as well as restore muscle tone.
The following video shows simple and effective exercises for self-treatment and prevention, as well as recommendations for a chiropractor.
Consider the basic set of exercises that will help you quickly and effectively get rid of the disease in the case of regular exercises.
- Take a sitting position with hands down along the body. Make head turns left and right to the maximum possible degree, but without the appearance of pain. Repeat this exercise 10-15 times. It is designed to enable a person to warm up the neck muscles and turn his head to the maximum possible angle. You can use an easier variation of the exercise: do nodding head and back.
- The following exercise can be performed sitting or standing with arms extended along the trunk. The head goes down to the very bottom, as if you are going to touch your chest with your chin. If there is no pain syndrome, then this exercise can be repeated 10 times. Exercise allows you to develop the posterior muscles of the cervical region, which are most susceptible to the negative effects of the disease.
- The exercise is done sitting. Put your right hand on your forehead. Gradually tilt your head forward, but at the same time, the effort of the palm is not allowed to do it. Efforts should be applied no more than 10 seconds, after which you need to rest. The exercise itself is repeated 10-12 times. This approach allows you to maximally strengthen the "tired" and relaxed muscles in the front of the neck.
- The following exercise reminds something already mentioned. You sit on a chair with your palm attached to the right temple. Gradually begin to tilt your head to the right, and with the effort of your hand do not let it easily. By the time the exercise takes 10 seconds and is conducted no more than 10 times. After the session, you will feel that the pain is slightly weakened, and the mobility of the vertebrae is significantly improved.
- Stand in a level counter and relax. After that, raise the shoulders up to the maximum possible height and hold them for as long as you will get. Exercise is repeated 15-20 times.
- Massage the muscle mass in the neck for 3-4 minutes with a tangible effort to get rid of the pain and clamped nerve endings. This action can reduce the overall burden on the neck muscles.
At your own discretion and after consulting a doctor, you can expand this complex of exercise therapy with your own exercises, which can become an opportunity to get rid of the disease.How to massage a tear duct in infants. All the features of this procedure.
Category men's health. Is it possible to learn how to do prostate massage yourself or better to consult specialists? Read in this article.
Exercises to prevent the disease
There is a whole range of preventive exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, which are aimed at preventing the disease. If you periodically perform them, then even after 40 years you will not know about the pains in the back and neck.Remember also that you should not be exposed to hypothermia and stay in a draft for a long time.
If you have pain on the background of cervical osteochondrosis, then as often as possible, massage the whiskey with a slight pressure. This normalizes the circulation of blood, and the headache is reduced in duration.
All massaging and stroking exercises should be done clockwise. It will not be superfluous to hold a massage session with specialists.
We advise to abandon the sharp circular and rotational movements of the head, which can even lead to a loss of consciousness. This affects the vertebral disks of the neck, delivering a lot of inconvenience to a person. In addition, sharp head movements can provoke damage to soft muscle tissue, which will require prompt intervention by specialists.
It is strictly forbidden to use special exhaust elements and corsets without doctor's prescription. If careless manipulation took place, then the probability of damage to the integrity of the intervertebral discs is significantly increased.
In general, there are not so many exercises for the prevention of osteochondrosis of the neck, but they require precise performance and self-organization.
Efficiency of exercise therapy
The effectiveness of exercise therapy in the treatment of osteochondrosis has long been proven by doctors. After regular sessions of physical therapy, many patients note an improvement in general condition and loss of pain.
The muscles begin to move along the correct trajectory, and the brain receives the necessary amount of blood in the vessels. Strengthens the total muscle mass of the neck, it can withstand heavy loads during the day.
Massage procedures for cervical osteochondrosis
Massage for osteochondrosis of the cervical region is permissible only if the disease has not yet flowed into the acute or chronic stage. The masseurs exert a reflex and point effect on the foci of painful sensations, but only after the muscles are ready for the procedure after some manipulation.
Be sure to specify to the specialist that you develop osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, so that he correctly selects the massage technique. All massage sessions are performed sitting or lying down so that the patient does not experience pain.
Ask the expert if he has experience in carrying out such procedures, since the availability of qualifications and knowledge makes it possible to perform the procedure as efficiently as possible. Often to find such a specialist help the doctors who prescribe the procedure for you.Massage helps not only to get rid of cervical osteochondrosis, but also prevents its appearance in a person in the future.
As for the advice that we would like to give to all patients suffering from osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, we strongly recommend that you constantly perform physical exercises and neck warming, and also do exercises in the morning.
And of course to revise your own way of life - try not to spend most of the time lying or sitting, because it contributes to the further progression of the disease.
https: //www.youtube.com/ playlist? List = PLXv52PG_g1M91ayC2OUz_LWa8KMBpZfeN