Treatment of subluxation of the hip joint in children and adultsHip dysplasia is a congenital inferiority of the joint that results from improper development and leads to a dislocation or subluxation of the femoral head.
The is characterized by three forms of dysplasia: subluxation, pre-dislocation and dislocation.
Disease Anterior is the immaturity of an unstable joint that can later develop normally or precede subluxation. At the same time the capsule is stretched, as a result of which the head dislocates and sets into the cavity.
Subluxation is a morphological change in the joint, accompanied by a displacement of the femoral head relative to the cavity in the upward direction to the side. In this case, the contact of the head with the cavity is preserved and it does not go beyond the boundaries of the limbus. With proper treatment, the joint can return to its full state, otherwise there is a possibility of a complete dislocation.
Dislocation of is characterized by a complete displacement of the femoral head and is the most severe form of joint dysplasia. With it, there is a violation of the contact of the articular surfaces of the bones with the violation of the joint capsule and without it due to mechanical influence or pathological processes in the joint. Dislocations are complete and incomplete. Dislocated is the farthest from the trunk part of the limb.
Classification of subluxations
Dislocation of congenital is the most severe form of the disease and is characterized by a complete displacement of the femoral head. This stage of dysplasia is detected at the time of the birth of the child, to develop as a result of incorrect treatment or lack of it at all. The cause of the disease is heredity, a pathological condition during pregnancy, or clinical signs of joint instability.
The subluxation of the acquired develops as a result of the swaddling of children, the use of restrictive child seats or the cradle with hip joint blockage for a long time.The cause of the pathology is the genetic factor or the narrow uterus, which contributes to the displacement of the joint during intrauterine development.
Symptomatology of the pathology of
Symptoms of subluxation of the hip joint can be assumed even before the birth of the child. Pelvic presentation, toxicosis in pregnancy, dysplasia in the parents, deformity of the feet or a large fetus should be alerted in terms of a possible disease. Even if orthopedic symptoms are absent, children are still referred to the risk group.
Allocate 4 groups of clinical features of subluxation of joints:
- truncated thigh;
- asymmetry of skin folds;
- symptom of the sliding of Marx-Ortholani and the modification of Barlow;
- limitation of the hip.
Upon inspection, attention is drawn to a detail such as symmetry of the skin folds of .Moreover, asymmetry is more informative in 2-3 months after birth. Buttocks, inguinal and popliteal folds are deeper and their number is larger.
The femoral shortening phenomenon is an important diagnostic criterion, characterized by a hip shortening due to posterior displacement of the femoral head in the acetabular region. He points to a congenital subluxation of the hip joint and is confirmed by the fact that if a child who lies on his back in a position with bent knees and hip joints, one knee is located below the other.
Symptom of Marx-Ortolani - it can be determined with the help of subluxation only up to 3 months, after which it disappears. It is defined as follows: the legs of the baby bend at the knee and hip joint at right angles, then are led to the middle line and gently bred to the side. From the side of the dislocation you can hear it like a click, in which the baby's leg jerks.
The diagnosis of "subluxation of the hip joint" is primarily based on clinical symptoms, as well as the results of ultrasound and x-ray.
- Screening of newborns - most countries use it when diagnosing a subluxation of the hip joint in newborns.
- Another way to find out about the disease is the method of Marx-Ortholani .If a click or dull sound is heard during the examination in the area of the thigh, additional methods are used to clarify the diagnosis and the cause of the disease.
- Methods of Ortholani and Barlow are diagnostic methods for newborns used in modern medicine.
- Ultrasound and X-ray examination are secondary diagnostic methods after clinical signs. With their help you can visualize anatomical features.
- The asymmetry of the buttock folds of the and the apparent difference in the length of the lower limbs may indicate unilateral dysplasia.
- Assessment of the hip by Harris is one of the main ways to assess the normal operation and function of the joint after surgery.
The final diagnosis of is based on visual examination, the results of instrumental diagnostic methods and ongoing monitoring of the child.
Techniques and devices that are used to treat
The following standard methods are the main principles of treatment:
- early start;
- application of special orthopedic means for prolonged retention of legs in the position of bending and withdrawal;
- exercises and movements in the hip joints.
In the treatment of subluxation of the hip joint in children with or without a head hip displacement, various types of pillows, tires, panties,stirrups and other devices are offered. Their goal is to keep them in the position of breeding their legs, providing them with the function.
In children less than 3 months of age, there are enough clinical symptoms to confirm the diagnosis, an X-ray examination is not required. All children of this age are prescribed the same measures of therapeutic and prophylactic direction - leg breeding with gaskets( wide swaddling, Pavlik's stirrups, elastic tires or Freik's pillow), as well as gymnastics - off-center movements in the joint and massagegluteus muscles.At a small age, it is unacceptable to use rigid structures - tires that impede the movement of limbs.
Basically for the treatment of congenital subluxation of the hip joint is used:
- pillow of Freik;
- tires Volkov or Vilensky;
- of the Pavlik stirrup;
- wide swaddling - used for prevention and light degrees of subluxation;
- one-stage dislocation and coxitic dressing - used in especially severe cases.
To determine exactly how to treat a subluxation of the hip joint and what structures the child should be prescribed by the attending physician.
When the operation
is prescribed If there is no positive effect from the treatment with conservative methods, corrective operations are used. For the treatment of joint dysplasia is used a variety of surgical methods of :
- dislocation direction open;
- for the degeneration and corrective varising osteotomy;
- pelvic surgery - a method of osteotomy of the pelvis by Chiari;
- palliative operations( Koenig and Shantz).
Conservative treatment methods are effective in childhood. The older the person, the more likely it is that surgical intervention will help get rid of the disease.Increasingly, Schlätter's disease in children began to be diagnosed. What are the causes of pathology and methods of treating the disease? Read in our article. Why dysplasia of the hip joints in newborns should be detected within three weeks after the birth of the child, you can find out here.
Possible complications of
Early diagnosis and properly prescribed treatment will help to avoid complications, you can completely get rid of the disease. Some people, in addition to external defect and lameness, do not experience any symptoms and signs of the disease.
In others, on the contrary, without timely therapy there can be serious consequences of .In addition to limping, there may be pain in the knee and hip joint area, there is a skewed bones of the pelvis or a pronounced muscle atrophy of the limb. In rare cases, the lumbar spine suffers( hyperlordosis), the functions of the pelvic organs decrease, the pelvic and pelvic bones ache.
To prevent the onset of the disease or its further development, a regular examination is necessary for the orthopedist. Wide swaddling is one of the effective preventive methods of subluxation of the hip joint in a newborn.
Its essence lies in the fact that two diapers to lay between the legs of the baby and give the position of bending or hanging the legs in the hip joints, and the third diaper to fix the legs. Wide diaper keeps bending and breeding position at 60-80 degrees.
Video: How does a subluxation of the hip on the x-ray look
Breast dysplasia - Breastfeeding( children)
Hip dysplasia in the infant
Hip dysplasia is a congenital pathology of the hip joint that is associated with underdevelopment and incorrect interposition of the main joint elements- head of the femur, acetabulum, as well as ligaments, muscles and capsules.
There are three forms( stages) of dysplasia on which treatment depends and the possibility of development of pathological consequences in the late diagnosis or treatment of the disease.
The main forms of hip dysplasia are:
- "pre-exsier"( unstable and immature joint, which can later develop normally or be transformed in subluxation);
- subluxation - a moderate displacement of the femoral head up and away from the acetabulum in connection with the morphological changes in the joint;
- congenital dislocation of the hip joint is considered a severe form of joint dysplasia, in which there is a complete displacement of the femoral head. This stage of dysplasia requires urgent treatment and can form persistent violations in the hip joint and often leads to disability of the child.
Causes of dysplasia
Underdevelopment and incorrect formation of the hip joint occur in violation of the intrauterine development of the child due to violations of the bookmark, development and differentiation of the musculoskeletal system of the baby( from 4-5 weeks of intrauterine development to the formation of full walking).
Causes that adversely affect the fetus and impair organogenesis:
are gene mutations, resulting in the development of orthopedic abnormalities with disturbances in the primary lining and formation of defects in the hip joints of the embryo;
- exposure of negative physical and chemical agents directly to the fetus( ionizing radiation, pesticides, drug use);
- a large fetus or breech presentation, causing displacement in the joints due to the violation of anatomical norms of the placement of the child in the uterus;
- violation of water-salt metabolism in the fetus with pathology of the kidneys, intrauterine infections.
Factors that adversely affect the development of the fetus and cause the formation of maternal dysplasia are:
- severe somatic diseases during pregnancy - heart dysfunction and vascular pathology, severe kidney and liver diseases, heart defects;
- vitamin deficiency, anemia;
- suffered severe infectious and viral diseases during pregnancy;
- unhealthy lifestyle, malnutrition and the presence of bad habits( smoking, drug addiction, drinking alcohol);
- early or late toxicosis.
Risk group for development of dysplasia
Definition of dysplasia of the hip joint in the stage of "subluxation" or prelum is today a pledge of timely correction and treatment of the baby and prevention of the development of congenital dislocation of the hip joint.
Therefore, there are risk groups for the development of this pathology, contributing to the early diagnosis of dysplasia in infants. At the same time, the neonatologist and the pediatrician on the site observe the baby more actively in the maternity hospital.
This group includes, in the first place, premature babies, large children, with pelvic presentation of the fetus, pathological pregnancy and a family history. It should be noted that in girls this pathology is realized more often than in boys.
In addition to true dysplasia in infants( joint development disorders), the immaturity of the joint may appear( slowing development), which is considered a borderline developmental condition of the hip joint dislocation.
Definition of hip dysplasia
The main criteria for determining hip dysplasia in infants are:
1) asymmetry of the hip folds of the thigh( popliteal and inguinal) and gluteal folds - is determined in the position of the baby lying on the abdomen, while on the side of the lesion the fold or folds are located higherand deeper, but this symptom is nonspecific;
2) a symptom of "hip shortening" - the baby's leg visually looks shorter on the side of the lesion;
3) a symptom of "slipping or clicking"( observed in the first months of life) - with the maximum outflow of the lower extremities of the baby to the sides in the supine position, there is a "click", which is due to the dislocation. The same symptom with the jerking of the leg occurs when the stem is brought into its original position in connection with the newly arising dislocation.
The presence of these signs in the baby is an indication of the direction of the child to consult an orthopedic doctor with a further examination of the child - ultrasound of the hip joints and / or an X-ray examination( after 5 months).
Treatment of hip dysplasia
The volume of therapy for hip dysplasia in infants depends on the stage of the dysplastic process.
When "pre-prey" is used wide( free) swaddling, thigh massage, buttocks and lumbar spine, physiotherapy( electrophoresis with calcium chloride solution or euphillin on the hip joints) and physiotherapy exercises infants.
When the subluxation of the hip joint is used wearing "stirrups", special swaddling, and in the presence of dislocation - assigned to the withdrawal of the tire for a certain time, depending on the severity of the dislocation and the location of the head of the femur beyond the joint.
In the absence of treatment at an early age, the child may develop:
- mild or severe lumbar walking;
- restriction of movements( leads) in the hip joint;
- pain syndrome in the hip and / or knee joint;
- skewed bones of the pelvis;
- different degrees of muscle atrophy of the lower limb.
In the process of growth, these signs are manifested:
1) duck's gait;
2) decreased movement and joint pain;
3) hyperlordosis of the lumbar spine;
4) atrophy of the leg muscles;
5) in severe cases, dysfunction of the pelvic organs.
Prevention of dysplasia in infants
Prevention of dysplasia in infants is to avoid adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy, dynamic observation of the baby with mandatory examinations of narrow specialists( for children at risk for up to three months if there are signs of dysplasia), full nutrition of the nursing mother or useadapted mixtures( with artificial feeding).And also the implementation of all the recommendations of the doctor in the presence of any of the stages of dysplasia.
Babe dysplasia( video)
Birth of a child is always a great joy for parents, but sometimes it is overshadowed by violations of various functions of the newborn baby, for example, hip dysplasia.
In the presented video, you can not only learn general information about dysplasia in infants, but also on a real example to observe the examination of the baby by doctors, as well as the appointment of treatment. The last 4 minutes are devoted to gymnastics for infants with dysplasia.
Hip dysplasia in newborns: how to identify and treat
Types of dysplasia of TBS in infants: prelum, subluxation, dislocationTable 1. Types of dysplasia in infants
|Type of dysplasia||How is it manifested?|
|Anterior hip( precedes subluxation and dislocation of the hip).||The hip joint capsule is stretched. The head of the femur is biased, but it is easy to return it to the correct anatomical state. It can progress and lead to more severe forms.|
|Subluxation of the thigh||Incomplete displacement of the head of the hip joint of the comparative cavity. The ligament in the head of the hip is stretched and loses its inherent tension.|
|hip dislocation In the process of joint formation, a failure occurred. Incorrect connection of the femurs: the femur does not stand still. Can be both congenital and acquired.|
How do parents identify dysplasia of TBS?
- The "click" symptom is one of the first manifestations of dysplasia of TBS.It was formulated by the orthopedist from the USSR by Marx and the orthopedist from Italy Ortolani. Doctors conducted research and described this symptom independently of each other at the same time. When the legs of the baby are withdrawn, the dislocation is displaced, which is accompanied by a click. The click is clearly heard and felt by the doctor conducting the examinations of the baby. Sometimes you can hear it from a distance. When the toddler's legs are withdrawn to the middle line, a repeated dislocation of the femoral head takes place, followed by a click and jerking of the leg. By the symptom "Click" to detect dysplasia is possible only during the first week of life of the baby, then it disappears, but sometimes it can be observed in babies with muscular hypertension for several more months.
- Asymmetric folds on the hips , different numbers of may also indicate dysplasia of TBS in the infant. On the healthy side, folds are always smaller than on the side with dysplasia. This symptom should be taken into account only in conjunction with others, as it can also occur in children who do not suffer from DTS.
- Not the same length of legs .Parents should sound an alarm and in case they see that their crumbs have one leg shorter than the other, since this pathology can also point to the baby's DTB.
- Impossibility to take the child's hip to the side. This symptom can be seen in toddlers who have reached the age of 3 weeks. Legs of healthy crumbs sink to the table almost completely. At the kid with a pathology them it is impossible to lower.
- The unnaturally outstretched foot of a child is another symptom of hip dysplasia in infants. The above symptoms can both be combined and be individual as a sign of DTB.
Methods for diagnosis of hip dysplasia in children
US of the hip joints
Ultrasound can be made to the crumb still in the hospital in the early days of existence, as it is considered a harmless method of research. In addition, ultrasound guarantees high accuracy of the data.
Dysplasia of the hip joints can be detected using X-rays. Unfortunately, this method of research is only permissible for toddlers who have reached six months. This is the most accurate method, giving information about the complete picture of pathology.
What do doctors recommend for the treatment of dysplasia of TBS?
Massage for dysplasia
Before you massage your baby, you need to wash and dry your hands, then grind to get them warmed up and pleasant when you touch the baby's body. The nails of the masseur must be cut, and all ornaments are removed from the fingers and wrists, since it is likely that the baby will be accidentally injured.
Do not use special massage oils for massage, since they can cause an allergy in a child, it is better to use baby oil or powder.
- Put the baby on your back, grasp the entire area of the palm of your hip and light stroking movements can begin to do massage.
- After stroking, you need to start making spiral movements with your thumb and forefinger. The fingers should move in a spiral for three minutes without touching the surface near the genitals. It is necessary to put the pads of the fingers on the pathological joints and begin to massage them carefully, pressing on the muscles. But, nevertheless, the pressure should not be very strong, the baby should not experience pain.
- After that, you need to turn the crumb on the tummy and, using the same movements, you need to massage the inner thighs.
- After this, go to the gluteal area. Accurate circular movements rub the buttocks of the baby, and then squeeze and unclench them.
- After the massage of the buttocks we pass to the massage of the feet. The foot must be started to massage from the heel to the fingers, and afterwards one should massage each finger separately.
In addition to the massage with the kids, you have to exercise every day gymnastics, performing each exercise up to fifteen times.
- "Bicycle". It is necessary to put the child on his back, bend his legs in the knees and pull to the tummy. Twist the legs of the baby, imitating riding a bicycle.
- "Flexion and extension of the legs" .Alternately, you need to bend one leg of the baby in the knee joint, and the second fully straighten.
- "Frog" .Put the baby on his back, bend the legs in his lap and spread them apart. Synchronously with both legs to make circular motions.
Special Devices for Treatment of DTBS
Special devices are used to form the correct position of the femoral head, to strengthen the ligamentous apparatus of the hip joint, to stimulate the development of the acetabulum and the femoral head.
- Tires of Vilensky. Before putting the child on the tire, you need to put a lining on it - a diaper or a thin sheet. Put the tire in the supine position, so that the spacer is located in the crotch area. It is quite easy to use tires, parents use it to treat a baby without assistance, so taking care of a child does not cause additional difficulties. Tires are designed for both treating babies and children from year to year.
- The Pillow of Freik needs to be worn continuously for two months. Plus this pillow is that it can be removed in order to bathe a baby, massage him or perform physiotherapy procedures.
- The Pavlik's should always be worn. It is forbidden to shoot them, as only a professional can put them on correctly. The time of treatment of the child in Pavlik's stirrups reaches from 3 to 6 months. The stirrups are worn solely by a disposable diaper, but garments, for example, sliders, pantyhose or shorts can not be worn. When a crumb needs to be changed, it is necessary to put his hands under his buttocks, but lifting a child's legs is prohibited. The skin of the baby, which is under the stirrups, must be subjected to a daily check to avoid inflammation. Since you can not bathe a baby in stirrups, then it must be wiped with a damp sponge. During feeding and about an hour after the chest belt, stirrups should be unfastened. To sleep the kid can only on a firm mattress without use of a pillow. Pavlik's stirrups are an effective way to treat DTBS in infants.
Pillow of Freik, Pavlik's stirrups
Most often with the help of these devices, babies manage to overcome the disease, but if the treatment did not lead to positive results, then the children are operated. Surgical intervention may be necessary also with the late detection of DTB( after a year).
Prevention of DTE in infants begins during pregnancy. Mom of the future baby should eat right, eat the products necessary for the health of mom and baby. A woman should be checked for infections before the conception of the baby and, if necessary, be treated.
Prophylaxis of DTS:
- ultrasound and x-ray of the hip joints;
- examination by a pediatrician and orthopedist;
- free swaddling or full refusal;
- massage and therapeutic gymnastics to strengthen all muscle groups of the baby.
Hip dysplasia in newborns - treatment, prevention, diagnosis
Dysplasia is a pathology that denotes a congenital defect of the hip joint, expressed in increased mobility of the femoral head inside the joint. Dysplasia of hip joints in newborns is of two types( one-sided and two-sided).The group of hip dysplasia in young children also includes: congenital preluxation, congenital subluxation and congenital dislocation.
How does dysplasia of the hip joint manifest in newborns?
Now hip dysplasia in newborns is very often diagnosed by orthopedists. Many will think a frightening diagnosis, but if you turn to a specialist on time and follow all the prescribed procedures, the diagnosis can be lifted. The most important early diagnosis and early treatment. In mild cases of dysplasia of the hip joints, the child is prescribed massage, LUTS and gymnastics, and for heavier cases, use struts that support the legs of the baby in the bent and dilated state. The duration of wearing in each case is determined individually. The first time the strut should be on the baby around the clock. It is forbidden to remove the tire yourself and let the baby rest from the struts. Also, when dysplasia of the hip joints are not allowed to put the baby on his feet without consulting a doctor.
The danger of dysplasia of the hip joint is the beginning of the treatment, which can lead to the development of complications such as full hip dislocation, lameness, scoliosis, or coxarthrosis of the hip joint, which is usually accompanied by severe pain, gait is disrupted,which ultimately leads to disability.
Diagnosis and treatment of hip dysplasia
Symptoms and symptoms of hip dysplasia in infants are not the symmetry of the folds of the hips and buttocks, the turn of the foot, the crying of the child with the hip to the side, the length of one leg is clearly smaller than the other, and excessive looseness in the joints.
First of all, early diagnosis is needed, which should be based on a close examination of the medical history and medical examination. Pediatricians in the hospital should carefully examine the baby for the presence of dysplasia of the hip joints. Also, the pediatrician, who leads your child, at each reception should conduct a diagnostic test - to plant the baby's legs in the sides. From the side where there is a dislocation, a click will occur. If a specialist has a suspicion of congenital dysplasia of the hip joints, the child is referred for ultrasound diagnosis of the hip joints and for examination to the pediatric orthopedist. In the presence of dysplasia or suspicion of it, the orthopedist has the right to prescribe the x-ray of the hip joints. This will diagnose the deviation in the joint state.
Treatment begins immediately if the doctor determines the diagnosis of a hip dislocation. Parents should be patient, the treatment of hip dysplasia is long, continuous, and difficult to perceive the baby.
- Wide swaddling ( how to do it - tell the doctors).
- Therapeutic gymnastics. Bend the hips at each change of the diaper and changing the child.
- It is useful to swim on the stomach.
- A massage performed strictly by a specialist. Massage with dysplasia of the hip joint removes the increased tone of the lower extremities, improves blood circulation, which has a beneficial effect on the improvement of the nutrition of the cartilage tissue, ligaments and nerves. It is better to spend it once a day, when your baby slept, not hungry and is in a good mood.
- Spacers. Carefully follow all the doctor's recommendations to avoid complications and, in most cases, to one or two years the diagnosis can be withdrawn.
- When a child has grown up, recommends cycling with pedals , exercise in swimming, systematic exercise.
Exercises for hip dysplasia
- It is necessary to stroke the outer surface of the toe from the lower leg to the thigh within two to three minutes;
- Wash the baby's foot with your fingertips for about a minute. Try to penetrate deeper into the tissues, while feeling the joint, but do it without pressure and applying strength;
- Flex the toe baby in the knees and hip joints, imitating cycling;
- Bend and unbend legs together and in turn. One leg was bent in the knee, the other was straightened and so on in turn.
If the conservative treatment is ineffective, the operable method is used. The essence of surgical treatment is the repositioning of the head of the femur and the restoration of the anatomic correspondence of the elements of the hip joint. The scope of the operation is determined individually for each patient. There are operations that openly dislocate dislocation, pelvic surgery and operations on the proximal femur.
There are several forms of dysplasia:
- I type - normally formed joint.
- II type - a slight disruption of the development of the hip joint.
1) Transient( up to three months) 2) Dysplasia of mild degree( after three months) 3) Pre-hip femur
Hip dysplasia in a child
Dysplasia is a congenital disease in infants that consists of incorrect, inferior development, displacement, the asymmetry of all elements of the hip joint. Dysplasia often accompanies the disturbance of the entire musculoskeletal system, including the spine in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar areas, which is manifested in the curvature and scoliosis. Timely treatment, comprehensive approach and patience make it possible to correct almost all the listed consequences.
Hip dysplasia in newborns may be as follows:
- Anterior - minor changes in the head of the hip or acetabulum. Independently in infancy it is rather difficult to consider the deviations that are visible by incorrect placement of the foot and curvature of the spine. The prefest is characterized by a free stroke inside the joint of the femoral head, weak periarticular ligaments.
- Subluxation - displacement of the femoral head in different directions within the cartilage part of the joint.
- Dislocation of is the most rare and difficult case to treat when the head of the thigh can freely pop out of the acetabulum.
It is important that the first two degrees of the disease without proper treatment smoothly flow into serious dislocation and health problems of the child for life. That is why it is necessary to take extremely cautious attitudes to the examinations of the baby and at the first suspicions to carry out the diagnosis.
Dysplasia in newborns - causes of
Precisely no one will say why a child was born with joint pathology. Influences on the wrong development of the hip joint can be influenced by factors such as:
- Heredity. If the direct relatives suffered from the disease, there is a high probability of taking it to the child.
- Gluteal presentation of the fetus, since the load on the joints of the hips during labor is great. It can also include cord wrapping with the umbilical cord, the close position of the child in the mother's womb, and water scarcity aggravates the situation even more.
- Birth complications, trauma to the baby.
- Toxicosis, and as a result, the lack of vitamins and trace elements necessary for the proper development.
- Age of the woman, especially when the first child is born. The older the mother, the higher the risk of dysplasia in the baby.
- Infectious diseases or hormonal disorders transferred during pregnancy.
Symptoms of hip dysplasia in children
Symptoms of dysplasia are expressed in varying degrees and are often seen with the naked eye. Regular examination by doctors and attentive attitude to their own child will allow timely detection of a deviation.
So, the external manifestations of dysplasia are as follows:
- Asymmetric location or different number of wrinkles on the buttocks and hips of the child;
- One or both feet, turned outward or inward;
- Different length of legs;
- Incomplete or obstructed dilution of the legs of the toddler;
- Frequent head position on one side;
- Curvature of the spine( strong flexure in the lumbar region);
- Syndrome of "clicking", that is, a characteristic sound that indicates the direction of the joint due to a movement of the child's thigh.
The presence of one or more of the symptoms on this list is a good reason to conduct a medical examination of the baby. The final diagnosis is made only after ultrasound( in children up to 6 months old) or X-ray( for children over 6 months old).
Methods for treating dysplasia in children
The treatment of dysplasia should be treated with the utmost responsibility. The period of treatment is quite long, the process includes a variety of techniques aimed at correcting and correct ripening in children of the hip joint. Rehabilitation complex can include both standard and non-traditional approaches.
Traditional treatment consists in fixing joints in a certain position, the legs of the child should not be reduced and divorced in order to avoid displacements. The correct position of the joints is held by the following methods:
- A wide swaddling performed with three diapers. The first is formed by a rectangle in several layers up to a size of 15-20 cm in width and placed over the diaper or without it between the legs, which are divorced at right angles to the trunk. The second diaper is made with a kerchief, the lower edge is fixed with the diluted legs and fixed. The third baby freely turns around to the waist, holding the legs in a fixed state.
- The Freck pillow is a rigid base, sewn into a soft fabric, equal to the distance from one knee hollow to the other;it is put on top of clothes.
- Tires and stirrups, orthopedic pants.
- Therapeutic gymnastics, which a specialist should do to avoid further injuries.
- Surgical intervention, is prescribed only in the most severe cases of dislocation.
These devices are prescribed from the first days of life, use is discontinued on the recommendation of a doctor at the age of 6 to 12 months.
- When dysplasia pediatricians recommend doing massage to the child, in this topic you will find out what massage techniques exist.
- From the first days of life it is necessary to increase the immunity of the child, because many diseases depend on him. In this topic, you will learn how to increase the body's resistance to various infections.
- In detecting this disease, it is recommended that the child of the first days of life swaddle widely, and how this is correctly learned in this publication.
An unconventional method of treating dysplasia is manual therapy. In this case, no orthopedic adaptations are used and the child's movements are not limited. There is a treatment in this way: with the help of hands, a dislocation or subluxation is eliminated, the adjacent pelvic and spinal muscles relax by massage to avoid joint displacement, a complex of gymnastics is being developed to strengthen the periarticular ligaments.
The decision on how the treatment will be administered should be taken in conjunction with the attending physician, because the success of the child's recovery depends on this. The presence of dysplasia should not be a hindrance to the knowledge of the world around him, let the kid communicate with other children, try, touch objects, walking is mandatory. Do not be shy, there is nothing terrible here. Dysplasia of the hip joint is unpleasant, but with early diagnosis and proper treatment, there will be no trace of the disease with time.