A set of exercises of exercise therapy for scoliosis of 1,2,3 and 4 degreesScoliosis refers to the lateral curvature of the vertebral column, which occurs mainly in childhood.
If parents notice the change in the child's posture in time, then it will not be difficult to correct this defect.
One of the best and effective methods of therapy of various stages of scoliosis is therapeutic exercise.
LFK is a complex of physical measures that is used in the treatment and prevention of diseases.
The danger of of such a spine disease is that without proper treatment of scoliosis is complicated by severe abnormalities in the functions of the internal organs.
There are many causes of scoliosis, but each of them leads to disruption of the muscular corset, which supports the spine and gives it a posture.
About application of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis more.
If you have an intervertebral hernia, please tell us about the reasons and methods of its treatment.
Degrees of scoliosis
The spine can deviate both to the right and to the left. In this case, for a different degree of scoliosis in this classification, the angle of deviation from the axis of the spine is important.
- Scoliosis of the 1st degree .The angle is 1-10 degrees, which is almost invisible. Many of the doctors consider this degree an option of the norm, which is easily corrected with the help of exercises.
- Scoliosis of the 2nd degree .The angle is 11-25 degrees. This is the stage that is still amenable to adjustment, if special exercises are used. It is necessary to know that if this stage of scoliosis is not corrected in time, then it quickly progresses to stage 3, which is much more difficult to treat.
- Scoliosis of the 3rd degree , in which the deflection angle is 26-50 degrees. This stage is not easy to treat and gives many problems to the treating doctors.
- Scoliosis of the 4th degree , in which the angle is more than 50 degrees. This degree of scoliosis is severe and, fortunately, is rare, in only 10% of cases.
Principles of treatment of scoliosis LFK.Effectiveness of exercises in children and adolescents
Generally, the formation of the spine of the child and the whole organism ends by the age of 20, so it is important to use exercise therapy in childhood when the therapeutic effect is effective.
The exercise complex is most relevant for the bending of 1-2 degree and is the main type of treatment for , whereas in scoliosis of 3-4 degrees this method is only auxiliary.
The main goals of the use of exercise therapy in the treatment of scoliosis are:
- elimination of muscle and ligament imbalance;
- maximum unloading of the spine;
- strengthening and proper development of the muscles and ligaments of the back;
- correction and formation of proper posture;
- improvement of the general condition of the body.
LFK complex includes such methods as massage, physio- and manual therapy, gymnastics, as well as yoga and swimming.
Combining all these methods in the early stages of scoliosis allows to achieve results in a short time, to prevent functional disorders of internal organs and to eliminate all defects in posture.It is necessary to know that the methods of treatment and individual complex of exercises should be selected only by a specialist.
Exercises for exercise therapy can be performed by at home , but under the compulsory supervision of by physician .
Self-treatment without monitoring can complicate the course of the disease and lead to irreversible consequences.
Basic complex of physical exercises for scoliosisSuch a complex is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the spine and forming a correct posture.
Among the exercises against the scoliosis are separate exercises: in a standing position, lying on the back and stomach, and also in a standing position on all fours.
A prerequisite for performing the exercises is their daily rhythm, which should become a new and good habit.
When doing the exercises, you must follow certain rules :
- It is not recommended to do exercises to stretch the spine and perform rotational movements;
- The spine can be stretched only passively, having support under itself, it is impossible to hang on the perlade;
- It is best to start the exercises with a minimal load on the spine, gradually moving to more complex and lengthy exercises;
- If you have back pain during class, you must stop the exercise and consult with a specialist;
- Exercises for the legs are recommended to alternate with exercises for the shoulder girdle.
Exercises in standing position:
- We perform walking on the spot, trying to keep the posture exactly.
- Rise on the socks and pull the arm as high as possible, then gently lower it.
- We pull our hands up, but the feet remain on the floor, just drop our hands slowly.
Exercises in the supine position:
- In the supine position, pull the right elbow to the left knee, then change the position.
- We pull each knee to the chest in turn, fix it, count to 5, slowly lower it.
- Having fixed your hands on the floor, raise both legs and slowly try to tilt them to the left, and then to the right side.
- Slowly raise our legs, bent at the knees, to the stomach and make one clap with our hands behind our knees.
- Pressing the shoulder girdle tightly to the floor, simultaneously pulling the legs and back and counting to 30.
Exercises in the supine position:
- We stretch our arms in front of us, then raise our legs from the floor, while also pulling the back muscles, fixing in this position onfew seconds. You can rock back and forth.
- We connect hands to the lock behind the head, then we try to slowly raise our head upwards and bend in this position, fix it for a few seconds.
- We lean forward in front of us in the palm of our hands and raise each leg alternately as high as possible from the floor.
Exercises in a standing position on all fours:
- Straighten the right hand and pull it forward, while lifting your left leg and fixing the body in this position for a few seconds.
- We flex the muscles of the back, while trying to raise the head as high as possible, fix the back in the bent state for a few seconds.
- Raise your back, while trying to reach your right knee to the head, then slowly change your leg and repeat the movement.
The selection of exercises for each patient is selected on the basis of basic, but adjusted taking into account the patient's age, localization of scoliosis( thoracic or lumbar region), scoliosis stage. Particular attention should be paid to patients with S-shaped curvatures of the spine, which allow for exercises for the thoracic and lumbar spine.
It is important to know in advance about the signs of cervical osteochondrosis, in order to prevent its appearance and development.
Do not know what to use for severe pain? Learn more about the drug Movalis in injections and pills.
In case of injury or trauma of the coccyx - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/travmy/ ushib-kobchika.html
Scoliosis preventionTo prevent the appearance of scoliosis, it is necessary to inoculate a healthy life-style rule from childhood, which includes morning exercises, sports, introduction of more useful products into the diet, rational nutrition, enriched with vitamins, microelements and proteins.
One of the best methods of scoliosis prevention is rightly considered swimming , as this sport uses both hands and equally strengthens all the muscles of the back.
It should be remembered that the earlier you establish the diagnosis and start treatment, the easier it will be to carry out all the medical measures and achieve a successful result.
Do not forget that the process of scoliosis treatment takes quite a long time and it will take all your patience and endurance to return the child the correct posture.
Video tutorials. Exercises exercise therapy to correct scoliosis.
An old but relevant detailed video about the prevention of scoliosis in childhood and adolescence.
Physiotherapy exercises for scoliosis 1, 2, 3 and 4 degrees
Physiotherapy is prescribed for many pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, including in scoliosis. Correctly composed sets of exercises, selected according to the stage of the disease, help to avoid the progression of this pathology and reduce the overall burden on the vertebral column and the patient's internal organs. That is why exercise therapy for scoliosis, manual therapy, physiotherapy and conservative pharmacological treatment form the basis in the fight against this disease.
LFK can be used for any stage of scoliosis
It should be noted that exercise therapy can be used at any stage of scoliosis, but the greatest effect can be achieved if you start the classes with the initial forms of the disease. A complex of exercise exercises, massage, gymnastics and certain sports( for example, swimming) strengthen the muscles of the back and form a strong muscular corset that helps stabilize the spine, correct its deformities, improve posture and prevent the emergence of functional and organic lesions of internal organs.
It is important to combine exercise therapy with other methods of posture correction. Thus, it is proved that the traditional treatment and exercise therapy, massage, non-traditional segmental manual influence on the spine can effectively eliminate the defects in the posture of the initial forms - this treatment is especially indicated in patients during periods of active growth of the body.
When selecting individual exercises, remember that you must take into account the shape of the scoliosis, as well as the individual characteristics of the clinical picture in each patient, so should not independently create a complex of exercise therapy in scoliosis and do self-medication at home without first consulting an orthopedic physician .This can only complicate the course of the disease and provoke its active progression, since incorrect selection of the intensity of stretching or mobilization of the spine can provoke a fairly rapid progression of scoliosis due to disturbance of compensatory processes in the spinal column. Only the correct use of physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis can positively influence the course of this pathology. When using various exercises in scoliosis, we must remember that they are symmetrical and asymmetric.
Regardless of the choice of the complex of exercises, in the treatment of scoliosis for optimal correction of posture, it is worthwhile to know that with their help it is possible to eliminate only the functional kind of curvature of the spine. With structural and organic changes in the vertebrae, when there is a stable component of curvature, correction of deformation can not be eliminated in this way.
I must say that alone you can perform only basic symmetrical exercises that are part of the basic exercises of exercise therapy in a scoliosis of 1 degree with minor deformations of the spine, since such exercises have minimal load on the vertebral column, which reduces the likelihood of their incorrect performance and negative impact on the pathogenesis of the disease. A characteristic feature of symmetrical exercises is that they are able to differently affect the symmetrical muscles of the back, which are contracted incorrectly due to disorders of posture due to scoliosis. At the same time, weaker muscles are subjected to a greater load and train intensively than strong muscles, which determines the formation of a regular and balanced muscular corset that supports the spine in the right position.
Basic complex of medical exercises for scoliosis
The basic exercise complex of exercise therapy consists of exercises that are corrective and strengthen the influence on the muscles of the trunk, and those that perform a dosed spine stretching, which helps to get a correct posture. Among the basic rules that should be adhered to when practicing physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis, when performing any exercises, allocate:
- should start with a minimum load, which should grow gradually;
- dosage of exercise should be performed taking into account the patient's well-being;
- is allowed to apply only passive traction of the spine, so do not hang on the crossbar - this exercise can cause irreparable harm to the body;
- exclusion of all exercises that are aimed at increasing the flexibility of the spine and include vertical rotation of the trunk is an important task of the exercises used.
It is necessary to alternate exercises that act on the muscles of the shoulder girdle and hands with exercises that determine the load of the leg muscles.
Basic rules for performing basic exercises
Basic exercises for scoliosis should include warm-up, the main and final part. During warm-up, it is important to try to maintain proper posture. To do this, you can stand against the wall, touching her with heels, tibial muscles and buttocks, then make 2 steps forward, maintaining the correct posture. It is important to breathe without delay.
In scoliosis, children perform more simple exercises for the spine of
. Then the legs should be placed shoulder width apart, hands up, inhale, stretch and lower hands, while exhaling. It is also important to maintain a correct posture. For warm-up, you can apply circular movements with shoulders, bending the legs in the knee joint with simultaneous attraction to the abdomen, torso of the trunk forward with arms outstretched.
You can apply simple sit-ups that should be performed at a slow pace, which is important when using exercises - a different kind of exercise therapy for scoliosis in children, in persons with shallow breathing is undesirable, because too intense squats can cause dizziness, headache, tachycardia and deterioration of well-being. The main section should include a list of exercises that are compiled by an experienced doctor - a specialist in posture correction. They depend on the degree of curvature of the spine and the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the patient. At the same time, special attention should be paid to the correctness of the selected exercises, their consistency and systematic study.
The final part in most cases involves walking on toes and heels, as well as walking with a hip lift or with a "sweeping" of the shin.
Exercises for s-shaped scoliosis
The exercise therapy for this type of scoliosis is aimed at correcting the deformities of the spine in the thoracic and lumbar region, as well as strengthening the paravertebral and latissimus muscles of the back. With this scoliosis, the following exercises are used:
- Sit on the bench, hands behind the head. Turn the shoulder girdle to the left side so that a right angle is formed, and the legs remain fixed( the so-called "twisting" of the spine).Then you need to lie so that on the edge of the bench placed blades. Bend over the edge of the bench and hang, relaxed, and also carry out a catapult at an angle of 30 ° up and down.
- Lie on the bench with your stomach down so that the edge of the bench is near the waist, hands should be behind your head. Bend down to the formation of a right angle, and then maximize to unbend. If such exercises are easy, you can do them with a small load( up to 3 kg).
- Simple pull-ups on the crossbar.
Features of the selection of exercises
I must say that the exercises are selected taking into account the features of scoliosis.
For example, exercise therapy for thoracic scoliosis and curvature of the spine in the lumbar region should be aimed at compensating for distortion and developing the right muscles, which will stabilize the spine in the correct position. The recommended technique of exercise therapy and the selection of exercises completely depend on the stage of scoliosis.
When compiling a set of exercises for scoliosis of the 2 nd degree, all exercises should be directed not only to achieve the stability of the spine, but also to correct the existing deformation. Gymnastics, which is used, is aimed at strengthening the main muscle groups that support the spine.
LFK in left-sided scoliosis is often directed to balance training and balancing, they are based on the torso of the trunk to the left. It should be noted that right-sided scoliosis is more often developed. With right-sided scoliosis, additional correction methods are used to eliminate the unilateral deviation of the spine from the normal axis, as well as to strengthen the muscular corset, which helps to effectively stabilize the spine and prevent the progression of the disease.
In scoliosis of the 3rd degree, the treatment methods should be directed not only to the elimination of severe deformities, but also to the improvement of the physical development of patients, to include the use of restorative, not just corrective exercises.
I must say that the treatment of scoliosis should be comprehensive and under the supervision of an experienced vertebrologist.
P.S.In the video below you can see how yoga helps in the treatment of scoliosis:
Physiotherapy for Scoliosis
Scoliosis is the curvature of the spine, resulting from general weakness of the muscles, especially during intensive growth. The same effect on the curvature of the spine is due to incorrect posture and other negative habits, asymmetry of the legs or pelvis. As a rule, ideally even spine happens only in infants, later in the process of growth different bends begin to appear.
Scoliosis threatens the subsequent development of osteochondrosis, a violation of the internal organs, respiratory organs. Therapeutic exercise for the back is shown in combination with massage and physiotherapy. It is believed that completely cure scoliosis can only be in the early stages and only in childhood, but regular exercises will help prevent further development of scoliosis and improve the overall condition of the back and spine at any age.
Indications for use of exercise therapy
The exercise complex of exercise therapy helps to stop the progression of scoliosis, to ease the condition and relieve the load from the spine and internal organs. It is shown to everyone, regardless of age, but you need to be careful and not slow to perform exercises, gradually increasing the load.
Unlike yoga, pilates and other types of fitness, exercises of physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis allow you to change the direction of the load, and not evenly distribute it during classes. This allows you to work out exactly the problem areas of the spine, depending on the type of curvature.
LFK gymnastics is inherently a specially selected set of exercises aimed at a dated load on the muscular corset. Do not engage in independent treatment and master the complex of exercise therapy at home. LFK specialists individually select exercises depending on the type and form of scoliosis. The orthopedic physician makes up the complex depending on the clinical picture of the patient.
However, among the means of therapeutic physical training there are exercises shown in any form and form of scoliosis. They allow you to keep your back muscles toned, improve your posture.
Complex of exercises:
Starting position: lying on stomach, arms and legs stretched, forehead resting on the floor. On exhalation, raise the left arm and the right leg. Try to draw the press as much as possible. Repeat for the opposite arm and leg.
Lying on the stomach, grasp the legs with your hands( if it is difficult, then stop).On exhalation, try to maximally raise the chest and hips above the floor. If you feel overexertion or pain, then reduce the height of the rise to a comfortable level.
Raising your hands in the slope
Bend your knees slightly and bend forward. The shoulders and shoulder blades are pointing downward, the muscles of the neck are stretched out, the head is slightly raised, the arms are slightly bent at the elbows. On exhalation, spread your hands to the sides, trying to keep the shoulder blades.
Stand on all fours, knees shoulder width apart, arms extended forward. Place your left hand under the right hand, while maximally turning your chest up. Hold for a few seconds, and then return to the starting position. Repeat for the other side too.
Lie down on the floor, legs bent and shoulder width apart, arms stretched along the trunk, head and shoulders pressed to the floor. On exhalation very slowly lift the pelvis, then the hips and back. Try to do the exercise as slowly as possible, feeling how each vertebra rises. Then also slowly return to the starting position.
Regular execution of a set of physical exercises will help to strengthen the muscles of the back, create a strong muscular corset around the spine, correct pathological deformities in the curvature, protect the internal organs.
Exercises( LFK) for scoliosis
Therapeutic exercise is recommended at all stages of scoliosis development. Regularly performed special exercises have a complex positive effect on both the spine and back muscles and on the entire body as a whole. Effect of exercise on the human body.
1. Stabilizes the spine.
2. The muscles of the back are strengthened, both external and internal.
3. The deformity of the spine is caused by scoliosis.
4. Posture is improved.
5. The work of the lungs and, as a consequence, gas exchange in the body is normalized.
6. Improves the work of internal organs and human systems.
Therapeutic physical training in scoliosis includes several directions that should be used depending on the individual condition of the patient.
1. Therapeutic gymnastics.
4. Correction of the shape of the spine position, control of your own posture.
5. Elements of the sport.
A specific set of exercises and intensity of training is determined based on individual characteristics of the development of scoliosis in humans. Thus it is necessary to take into account the opinion of the doctor and the state of health of the patient after performing the exercises. Only by joint efforts of a specialist and a patient can we find an individual and maximally useful complex of exercises for scoliosis.
Basic rules for performing exercises in scoliosis
1. Use exercise therapy only with orthopedic treatment. For those who have an initial form of scoliosis - a night sleep on a hard surface and a mandatory rest during the day lying. For those who have scoliosis progresses - wearing a corset and sleeping in a plaster bed.
2. Strictly dosed the load and ensure that after performing a set of exercises, the well-being does not deteriorate. It is necessary to begin with a minimum load, gradually increasing it from day to day.
3. Perform all the exercises at a slow pace, following the posture and feeling the straining of the back muscles.
4. Avoid hanging on the crossbar and strongly active spinal traction. Only passive traction is allowed.
5. Eliminate exercises that increase the flexibility of the spine, do not do exercises when doing it, you have to rotate the trunk along the vertical axis.
6. Carrying out a complex of exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis, you must always alternate the load for the shoulder girdle and hands with a load for the legs.
When scoliosis is also very beneficial to swimming, especially brace. During swimming, self-extension of the spine and strengthening of the back muscles take place, that is, two problems present at scoliosis in the human body are solved simultaneously. Also it is recommended to go skiing, with sticks. People with a deformed spine should be excluded from physical activities associated with running and jumping.
Sample list of exercises recommended for scoliosis
The first exercises are performed while walking, it is possible on the spot, you can move around in a circle.
1. Lift your arms from your shoulders up, and then down - 1 minute.
2. Raising hands locked into the lock up going on the toes - 1 minute.
3. Hands on the belt, raise each knee as high as possible to the chest - 1 minute.
4. Hands to the sides, slightly back and parallel to the floor, go in the semicircle - 1 minute.
5. At each step, do attacks and crouch on the knee of the front leg, hands while lifting up - 20 times on each knee.
Gymnastics for scoliosis lying on the back
1. Hands straight behind the head. Pull the socks on yourself, then pull forward, then the circular rotation of the feet - 1 minute.
2. Hands are straight and behind the head. Raise the knee to the chest and get it to him with the elbow of the opposite arm, twisting the body a little - 10 times for each leg.
3. Hands are straightened behind the head. Raise your legs and perform cotton under your knees while tearing off the head and upper body 10 times from the floor.
4. The hands behind the head are straight. Raise your knees to your chest, straighten your legs up and slowly lower your slightly bent legs to the floor - 20 times.
5. Hands stretched behind the head - each knee in turn to clasp hands and pull to the chest - 10 times for each leg.
6. Hands to the sides, raise your legs up, do not tear the pelvis off the floor, tilt your legs to the right and left - 5 times in each direction.
7. Hands along the trunk, tightly press the shoulders to the floor for 30 seconds.
LFK with scoliosis lying on stomach
1. Hands to pull forward. Pull the body into the "strings" - pull the socks and hands in different directions - 1 minute.
2. Hands to rest on the floor with the palms on the shoulder level, in turn to lift the legs back-up - 10 times for each leg.
3. Hands on the back of the head to the "lock", crouching to lift the shoulder belt and keep in this position from 2 to 10 seconds - repeat 6 times.
4. Raise your head and arms up, with straight hands do "scissors" without touching the floor - 1 minute.
Standing on the lap
1. Hands along the trunk, swerve backwards - repeat 10 - 12 times.
2. Hands on the waist, in turn straighten the legs back - repeat 10 times for each leg.
3. Hands on the belt, sits on the floor to the left and right of the foot, keep your back straight.
Physiotherapy exercises on all fours
1. Straighten and pull back the right leg while straightening and forwarding the left arm. Hold for 2 - 6 seconds. Repeat 10 times changing hands and feet.
2. Get the knee to the forehead, then throw your head up, and the leg back - repeat for each leg 10 times.
3. Duck, standing on all fours, back up and down - 1 minute.
After performing exercises of exercise therapy for scoliosis, lie on your back and rest for 2 - 5 minutes. From the proposed set of exercises, select a few for each position, after 3 - 4 months of regular exercise exercises can be changed to others.
With scoliosis of the spine, you can practice passive self-stretching. To do this, the head end of the bed should be raised by 10 to 15 centimeters, put a solid shield on the bed and lie on your back and on your stomach for 30 minutes.
Scoliosis is a disease of the musculoskeletal system, which manifests itself in the form of curvature of the spine. Medical therapy with such pathology does not make sense. Here the mechanical effect is more suitable. This is the role played by a complex of exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis. It should be noted that the treatment of any pathology should always be complex, one can not use only one method. Therefore, in the curvature of the spine, massage, manual therapy, physiotherapy are prescribed. But exercise is the basis of the healing process, especially in the early stages of the disease.
What should I consider when appointing a complex of physical therapy?
Exercises for scoliosis
First of all, the patient must undergo a survey to establish an accurate diagnosis. The orthopedist conducts a questioning of the patient, collects an anamnesis of the disease, clarifies complaints. At visual inspection marks presence or absence of an asymmetry of a body of the person applied for medical aid. If there are complaints of pain, a neurologist's consultation is prescribed. The last stage of the examination is X-ray. Using this method, the degree of damage to the spine is determined. It is graded according to the angle of deviation of the spine from the norm:
- 1 degree the deviation angle is not more than 10 °;
- 2 - not more than 25 °;
- 3, respectively, does not exceed 50 °;
- 4 degree - exceeds 51 °.
Having established the stage of the disease, the attending physician develops a treatment plan.
"Why not start studying right away?" - you ask. After all, as mentioned above, physical education in this disease is the basis of the healing process. This statement is true, especially for 1 and 2 degrees of scoliosis. Therapeutic gymnastics not only stops the pathological process, but also completely restores the correct position of the spine. At later stages( grades 3, 4), exercise therapy is an auxiliary method of treatment. An adequately selected set of exercises can only slow the course of the disease, but it can not be cured. In addition, this period is complicated by various disruptions in the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. This should also be taken into account when developing and prescribing physical therapy. Otherwise, you can only do harm.
The age of the patient plays an important role. As a child, the vertebral column is in the formation stage, which is why the exercise of exercise therapy makes sense.
From all of the above, we can conclude that the complex of therapeutic gymnastics should be prescribed and developed by a doctor. He must take into account the degree of scoliosis, age, general condition of the body and the presence of concomitant diseases and complications. In addition, the younger the patient and the less the vertebral column is changed, the better the treatment prognosis.
Methodological recommendations for the development of a set of exercises for the treatment of scoliosis
Before deciding on the question of what should be included in the complex of exercise therapy for a patient with our pathology, let's determine what result we want to get.
- Strengthen the muscular corset of the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Eliminate or reduce curvature of the spine, muscle cushion and costal hump.
- Adjust the posture, and, consequently, improve the appearance of the patient.
- Correct the coordination of movements.
- Prevent occurrence of complications from the heart and lungs. And if they already exist, then help to normalize the work of internal organs.
- Improve the general condition of the patient: spur immune processes, strengthen physically.
- Improve mood and raise self-esteem.
Complex of exercise therapy for children with scoliosis
When developing a complex of exercises of exercise therapy for scoliosis in children, it is taken into account that this disease is characterized by an uneven tone of symmetrical muscles. From the convexity of the arc, the muscles are in constant tonus. With the opposite - relaxed, and in more severe cases, even can atrophy. Therefore, the exercise program consists of the following types of exercise:
- Asymmetric exercises , which affect certain muscle groups on one side of the trunk, while others on the opposite side relax. For example, turn in one direction.
- Symmetric loads of help keep the spine in anatomically correct position. As a result of performing them, there is an uneven load on the symmetrical muscles on both sides of the body. The muscle tone in them becomes the same, the curvature of the spinal column is eliminated.
- Desortion - stimulate stretched and relax muscles in constant tone.
- General strengthening exercises allow to develop general endurance, physically develop the body.
However, there are a number of exercises that are unacceptable in scoliosis. Their use in the treatment of physical therapy with patients treated by us pathology can only aggravate the state of the disease. These include the following exercises:
- Hanging on a gymnastic ladder or crossbar.
- Various acrobatic exercises( for example, somersaults).
- Lifting Gravity.
- Run, especially for long distances.
- Jumping or sport dancing.
It is necessary to emphasize that the entire complex of exercises is developed by a specialist in physiotherapy. Individual approach to each patient is carried out. Classes are held in the polyclinic or department of exercise therapy under the supervision of medical workers. If, when performing a set of exercises, the patient feels pain or signs of an intensification of the pathological process, then the cut must be directed to the consultation of an orthopedic doctor and the set of exercises adjusted.
How should exercise with exercise therapy for scoliosis occur?
The exercise of exercise therapy for children in scoliosis consists of the following stages:
- Warm up. Its goal: gradually prepare the body for the basic exercises, warm up the muscles, put the right breath.
- Basic loads. This is the basis of therapeutic gymnastics, it is at this stage that exercises are performed to correct scoliosis, stimulate muscle and motor activity, stabilize the work of internal organs and systems.
- Final exercises restore breathing, reduce the level of stress.
Special attention is paid to the correctness of breathing exercises. It contributes to the improvement of lung function, which is severely affected by the deformation of the chest. On the Internet, you can find many exercises LFK video in scoliosis. But it is better not to use them. Because it is only the doctor who can correct the course of the session in accordance with your state of health.
Complex of exercise therapy in the early stages of
disease in early stages of scoliosis
The most important treatment is in exercise therapy with scoliosis of 1 degree, as well as the second. As mentioned above, the therapy of this pathology is complex. But at this stage, properly selected physical load is able in a short time not only to stabilize, but significantly improve the course of the pathological process. The growth of loads is carried out gradually. What can be included in the set of exercises?
- In the standing pose, movements are made for sipping.
- Retraction of one hand back while lifting the other up.
- Combination of different slopes.
- In the position on the floor doing deflections.
With 1 degree of scoliosis, sometimes even enough exercises to strengthen the muscles of the chest and back, as well as correcting the posture of movements. In the 2 stages of the disease, when choosing exercises, it is necessary to take into account the direction in which the curvature has occurred. In accordance with this, non-symmetrical exercises aimed at the load of some and the relaxation of other muscles are performed. In addition, special attention at this stage is given to respiratory gymnastics.
Scoliosis in the 3rd and 4th stages. Do you need physical exercise?
With 3 degrees of scoliosis, as well as in 4 to the formation of a complex of exercises in curative gymnastics come with extreme caution. The main problem is that large loads on the damaged spine are unacceptable. They are more likely not to improve, but will only aggravate the course of the disease. The lesson is completely in the prone position. The basis of therapy with the help of exercise therapy in this case is treatment not by exercise, but by the position of the body. Practically the whole complex of exercises of physiotherapy exercises in this state consists of asymmetric movements.
It should be noted that at 4 degrees of scoliosis in patients with a fully formed spine exercises exercise therapy are not effective. The main method of treatment is surgical intervention. This is the only way to correct violations in the structure of the spinal column.
Swimming and its role in the treatment of scoliosis changes in the spine
Swimming exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis are allowed for almost any degree of pathological process. Possible contraindication may be unless the greater mobility of the vertebrae. But even in this case, they can be conducted under medical supervision. The individually developed complex of gymnastic exercises in the pool must meet the following conditions:
- Swimming movements are selected in accordance with the degree of the underlying disease, the presence or absence of concomitant illnesses or complications, the age of the patient.
- When exercising, follow the correct breathing.
- Before the movement in the water, it is studied on land.
- Do not apply training to develop flexibility and stretching the body.
The lesson is built in the same way as the usual one in physiotherapy. It starts with a warm-up that takes place outside the water. It also includes breathing exercises.
The next stage is swimming. With this pathology, the recommended style is a breast brace. Why? It is in this position of the body that rotational movements( which in our case are contraindicated) are not performed and the thorax is located along the surface of the water. Then the immediate complex of therapeutic exercises in the water is performed. Required pauses for breathing exercises. They will help to avoid heavy loads.
Any activity ends with gymnastic exercises on land, as well as breathing exercises. They are aimed at a gradual reduction of the load.
I want to note that patients with scoliosis should periodically visit the attending physician to monitor changes in the condition of the spine and correction( if necessary) of the medical process.