Effective complex of exercises with radiculitis
It is known that the musculoskeletal system must be supported by the implementation of special exercises. It is important that they are dosed, performed without jerks, smoothly, without making deep slopes. Patients with radiculitis are strictly forbidden to lift weights. Therefore, if there is a diagnosis - cervical, thoracic or lumbar radiculitis - it is best to perform a specially selected set of exercises, so as not to harm your own spine.
However, before you start doing the exercises, you need to wait until the acute period of the illness passes. Otherwise, instead of using the complex, only provokes an increase in inflammation. Starting to engage, it is worth considering that it is best to perform the complex daily, immediately after awakening. It will not take long, it will be enough 20 minutes to help the spine to cope better with sciatica. After 2 weeks you will be able to feel the first results.
Charge for the prevention of cervical sciatica attacks
The complex consists of 4 groups, each of which is directed to a certain part of the cervical and shoulder sections of the spine.
The first group of .All exercises of this group will be carried out from one initial position. The practitioner should stand upright, legs to spread, but not widely, but to the middle of the shoulders. The shoulders and the body must be fixed, during exercise they must be immovable, the neck, on the contrary, should be kept relaxed.
In this way, you can proceed to the following movements:
The head tilt forward, it is optimal if the selection touches the chest. It is necessary to make 10 sliding movements in different directions.
Head to throw back, so that the chin was looking at the ceiling. Hold on in this position for half a minute.
Run the head inclinations in different directions. It's better that she touches her shoulders.
Rotation of the head on a small circle - 15 times in different directions.
Rotation of the head in a large circle with leverage of the shoulders, so as not to injure the cervical spine.
The second group. This group of exercises provides for the development of the shoulder girdle. In this case, it is necessary to stand straight, hands to stretch to the width of the shoulders, and carry them around in circles, first with two shoulders, and then each separately.
Another exercise from the same initial position is the forward and backward movements performed by the shoulders.
Third group. You need to perform sitting. To begin with, the elbows must be supported on a hard surface, 20 cm apart. One hand lies under the chin, the other on the back of the head, head turns are performed, with little help from hands and fixation for 20 seconds. Five times in different directions.
Staying still, you need to close the "lock" from your fingers on the back of your head. Head as much as possible to tilt forward, lock in and relax the muscles. Repeat five times.
Fourth group. There is one exercise that is effective for neck muscles. To perform it, you need to lie on your stomach with your toes straightened along the entire length. The fingers of the hands should be placed on the shoulders, and the elbows should be pressed against the body. Inhale and raise your head up, at the expense of the muscles of your neck, then lift your shoulders and body. Only the stomach should remain pressed to the floor. Withstood in this position for a maximum of 10 seconds, you need to go back again. Repeat up to 10 times, depending on the degree of training.
Charge for the prevention of bouts of thoracic radiculitis
Exercise "deflection of the back."It is performed standing on all fours, up to 7 times. The head should remain in position all the time.
Exercise "lifting the hull."It is performed lying on the abdomen with an emphasis on the arms, the body tears off the floor, up to 6 times.
Exercise "Month".It is performed lying on the back, arms are stretched along the body, the body flexes in the thoracic region, then the head and legs are raised, up to 6 times.
Charge for the prevention of bouts of lumbar and sacral sciatica
To begin with, the body needs to be prepared and, therefore, stretched. To do this, you need to be like a place, active, but not long, just 3 minutes.
You need to stand up straight and stretch your arms forward, after inhaling and lifting them over your head, body to bend( up to 10 repetitions).
Leg bending with a torso bend in different directions. When tilting to the right, the left leg is bent, and vice versa, while the hands are on the belt( up to 5 repetitions).
Slopes to the right and left legs alternately. In this case, the legs are on the width of the shoulders, and the arms are completely relaxed. When the tilt is carried out, it is necessary to touch the knee with hands( up to 5 repetitions).
Being in a squat with not strongly spaced legs, you need to pull your arms forward. Exhaling, the person rises, and hands drop( up to 10 repetitions).
Raising the right straight arm and the left straight leg from the prone position on the back. The arm and leg alternate( up to 7 repetitions).
Staying on your back, you need to squeeze your legs together and bend them in your lap. The body should remain tightly pressed to the floor, and the knees of the legs alternately tilted in different directions( up to 6 repetitions).
Deflection of the back from the position of "kneeling", the emphasis should be on the palm, the stomach is relaxed, and the head is raised up( up to 10 times).
You need to sit on a chair and lean on your hands, located behind your back. Carry out cross-legged moves similar to scissors( up to 10 repetitions).
From the position "sitting on a chair" you need to climb up, maximally using the hands( up to 10 repetitions).
Hold firmly to the back of the chair with one hand, you need to lean forward and touch the toe of the foot with the fingers of the free hand. Then change the support side( up to 6 repetitions).
Standing smoothly, you need to perform rolling from the heel to the toe, while one by one it is necessary to lift up one or the other hand one by one. Restrictions to the number of repetitions is not available, you need to perform the exercise for up to 2 minutes.
Just two exercises eliminate acute back pain in just 5 minutes
Author of the article: Andrei Sokov, neurologist, especially for the site ayzdorov.ru
Any doctor will tell you that the best ally in the fight against inflammation of the radicular nerveIs a physical therapy. Correctly chosen set of exercises will help to strengthen the spine, develop its mobility, strengthen the muscles of the back, normalize their tone.
What does exercise and gymnastics do with radiculitis?
Physical exercises with radiculitis improve metabolism in tissues, contribute to the disappearance of stagnant conditions in muscle tissues and internal organs. In addition, on the general background, lymphatic and blood circulation improves.
Systematic, correctly selected exercises contribute to increasing the stability of the muscular corset, increasing the lumen between the vertebrae. As a result, the compression of the nerve root is reduced, its nutrition is improved, and the edema is eliminated and metabolic processes in the body are normalized. Patients feel a decrease in the intensity of the pain syndrome, returns the mobility of muscles and tissues, reduces swelling in the area of inflammation.
In addition, exercise significantly reduces the risk of spinal diseases in the future.
Principles of prescribing exercise therapy with radiculitis
- When compiling a set of exercises, first of all, the patient's condition, stage and localization of the disease are taken into account. It is also important to note that exercise can not be used in the acute stage of radicular syndrome, as this can only exacerbate the situation.
- Regardless of the general condition of the patient, the treatment should be gentle. The complexity of the exercises should increase gradually: from simple to more complex, and with a gradual increase in the load.
- Exercises must be combined. The course should contain both static and dynamic exercises. During the training, slight malaise is allowed, but when sharp and sharp pain occurs, the activity must be stopped immediately!
- Classes should be regular, not coursework, sometimes healing medicine is recommended throughout life.
Rules for exercise therapy and gymnastics
1. To maximize the burden on the spine, all exercises are performed in a prone position, sitting or on all fours. In some cases, depending on the patient's condition, doctors can prescribe exercises in the standing position.
2. At the beginning of the complex exercises are aimed at relaxing the muscles of the shoulders, arms and back. Further in the process include physical exertion, which contribute to the strengthening of these groups of muscles.
3. In the presence of severe pain syndrome, exercises on flexion-extension of the spine are excluded from the exercises. They can provoke an increase in internal disk pressure and aggravate the clinical picture.
Contraindications of exercise therapy in radiculitis:
- acute period of the disease;
- cardiac decompensation.
Therapeutic gymnastics with radiculitis has a few contraindications, but you should not start it yourself. Address to the attending physician, and pick up an optimum complex of exercises.
LFK with lumbar lumbar spine
High efficiency of LFK has proved in the treatment of lumbosacral radiculitis. In this case, the facilitated starting positions for the patient are chosen strictly individually.
We provide you with some examples of the initial assumptions when practicing exercise therapy or gymnastics.
Before starting the training, it is necessary to lie on an inclined plane with an angle of inclination of 20-45 degrees. The emphasis should be on the armpit. In this position, you must stay at least 5-10 minutes. The result of this exercise is stretching the spinal column, expanding the intervertebral spaces and reducing the pressure on the nerve roots. For stretching exercises are also used such as mixed vises near the gymnastic wall, which represent rocking movements on elongated arms.
The initial position is used for unloading the spine: standing with an emphasis on the knees.
With cervicothoracic inflammation of the radicular nerve, exercises for the hands and forearms are performed with their support on the table, exercises for the legs - with support on the couch. In the future, if the patient's condition improves, the initial positions that complicate the exercise are chosen.
Examples of exercises with radiculitis
For the training, prepare a stool or ottoman, up to the knees.
- Starting position( IP): standing on one leg, the second bent at the knee on a stool. Bending the leg on the stool more strongly, bend back. Repeat 5 times for each leg.
- IP: sitting on a stool, grab your knees with your hands. Straighten your legs one by one, five times.
- IP: sitting on the edge of the stool, holding hands with the seat. Lean back with a straight back, each time try to deviate as far as possible.
- IP: lying on the floor on the back, arms stretched above the head, legs even. Raise the trunk and legs simultaneously, forming a right angle. Repeat 5 times.
- IP: lying on the floor on his back, arms clasped behind his head with stiff legs. Slowly, without jerks, raise your legs, wind them around your head until the socks touch the stool.
- IP: emphasis on straight arms, behind the back, on the floor, legs on the stool bent at the knees( the position of the grasshopper).Raise the pelvis upward, until a straight line is formed between the knees and the chin.
The undeniable benefits of exercise therapy
Specially, individually designed gymnastics with radiculitis, allows not only to relieve the pain syndrome, but also to accelerate recovery, increasing the effectiveness of medications. It promotes:
- Improvement of blood circulation;
- Increased vertebral lumen;
- Activation of the metabolism.
Systematic performance of the exercises prescribed by the doctor allows to achieve in a short time a tremendous result - reducing the inflammatory process in the nerve roots, improving their nutrition, eliminating puffiness and normalizing metabolism. In addition, at times the pain is reduced, and the muscles and tissues become mobile and electrically again.
And yet, the constant performance of this gymnastics reduces the risk of recurrence and the secondary occurrence of such problems in the future.
Indications and contraindications
Any physical activity, in the diagnosed sciatica of the lumbar region, should be performed only as directed by the physician. Exercise therapy with radiculitis will be effective only with the daily execution of a set of exercises, developed individually for each case, taking into account the patient's age, the severity of the inflammation, the presence of concomitant pathologies and other factors affecting health.
Indications for exercise are diagnosis itself, and the principles of their appointment are as follows:
- Physical exercises are not prescribed during exacerbation of sciatica of the lumbosacral spine;
- Regardless of the severity of the disease, the regime of exercise therapy must be gentle;
- Exercises are performed in stages - from simple to complex;
- The gymnastic course should be combined and include both dynamic and static exercises;
- For complete recovery, exercise should be regular, in severe cases - throughout life.
Regarding contraindications for lumbar spine radiculitis to any physical exertion, they can be attributed to:
- Exacerbation of inflammation of radicular nerves;
- Unsatisfactory general condition of the patient;
- Severe heart damage.
Despite the common claim that sport is life, one should not start gymnastics alone with radiculitis. The correct decision should be to contact the doctor for drawing up an individual program of medical exercises in order to get rid of this disease and prevent its relapse.
Rules for the implementation of the complex of exercises
Regardless of what kind of exercises were selected by a specialist for the removal of pain and prompt removal of radiculitis, the rules for their implementation will be unchanged. They relate to the situation in which they will be done, the time of impact of physical activity and regularity.
All exercises prescribed for sciatica in the lumbar region, in most cases, are performed in a lying position, on all fours or sitting. This allows you to exclude too much strain on the spine. It is extremely rare, but still, according to individual indications, the doctor can prescribe exercises in standing position, clearly limiting their time.
Because exercise therapy involves a gradual increase in the load, then with radiculitis gymnastics is prescribed with relaxation of the cervical, thoracic, dorsal and brachial muscles. And then, for their strengthening, the physical exercises developed for each specific case are fulfilled.
For those patients who are experiencing intense pain, exercises aimed at flexing and expanding the spinal cord are excluded from the complex of exercise therapy because they can only exacerbate the situation and slow the effect of therapy.
Complex of effective exercises
Radiculitis of the lumbar region is excellent for treatment. And a significant role in this is therapeutic exercise. Since her exercises perfectly strengthen the lumbar muscles and relieve inflammation of the nerve roots. Before they begin, a 10-minute warm-up is recommended. In which quality can be running on the spot or walking.
After it, you can go to the exercises themselves, which are fairly simple and will not take more than 20 minutes to complete.
Below, we give a standard set of them, but depending on the patient's general condition, age and history, they can change - some of them are eliminated, and others are added.
But, in general, the therapeutic charge will be unchanged:
- In standing position, with legs shifted, raise your hands in front of you, and lift them up on inspiration, lowering at the outlet;
- In the same position, but with your hands down, smoothly stepping from the heel to the toe and back;
- Become in the position of the arm on the belt, and the legs are shoulder width apart and, bending the right leg, make the body tilt to the left, and then, bending the left leg, to the right;
- Stand with his legs spread apart, exhale in exhalation, and return to the starting position with inhalation;
- In the position lying on the back with hands on the waist, on the inhalation to lift, first the right arm and the left leg, then, on the contrary, the left arm and the right leg, and on the way out to return to the starting position;
- Standing on all fours, on the inspiration to bend your back and pull your neck forward, and on inhaling, lower your head and arched your back, straining your stomach.
All of the above exercises, with radiculitis of the lumbar region, should be done at least 5 - 10 times in one session. And after a month of regular training you can feel the first result.
osteohondrozy.ruBack to the table of contents
How to practice gymnastics
Often physical exercises are conducted in specialized rooms, but you can do exercises at home. Time for gymnastics should be chosen in such a way that you do not perform the complex immediately before or immediately after eating. Specialists recommend exercising exercise therapy at least 2 hours before meals and not earlier than half an hour after eating. Special equipment for gymnastics with radiculopathy does not exist, but it is better for a patient to get dressed in loose clothes made of wool or cotton. Often exercise LFK designed to perform on all fours, in a sitting or lying position. Sometimes medical gymnastics is practiced in standing position: the physician assigns such exercises depending on the patient's condition. Exercise takes about 20 minutes a day, and the duration of the exercise therapy is 30 days.
Specialists recommend to anticipate the complex of gymnastics stage, during which the spine is prepared for physical exertion.
- Patients who are allowed their condition can engage in stretching the spine on the Swedish wall, performing vises with swinging.
- In another method, the patient lies on an inclined( 25-45 °) plane and is in this position for about 10 minutes. During this time, the spine will stretch somewhat, increasing the clearance between the vertebrae and lowering the pressure on the spinal nerves.
Description of exercises LFK
The simplest exercises of exercise therapy for radiculopathy are performed as follows:
- It is necessary to lie on your stomach and lay your hands behind your back. Weave our fingers behind it. Do not tear your legs off the floor, you need 8-10 times to raise your head and chest. For the first time in this position you need to stay 5 seconds. With each repetition, the retention time increases and is brought to the end of the exercise to 20 seconds. Carrying out such movements, the patient reduces the pressure on the nerve roots in the lumbar region.
- In the prone position, you have to bend your knees, putting your feet on the floor. Hands are applied to buttocks. Do not tear off the feet from the surface, you should bring your knees to your chest, while lifting the upper part of the trunk, trying to reach his head to the knees. The exercise is repeated 10 times. It helps to relax the muscles in the lower back and decompression of the nerve roots.
- The bent legs remain motionless, and the arms cross on the chest. Lying on the back, you need to tear off the head and shoulders from the floor for a few seconds. Movement should be done smoothly. The result is an easing of pressure on the spinal nerves.
chair Gymnastics with radiculitis can be performed using a chair or stool. This complex looks like this:
- Stand in front of a chair, placing a knee bent at the knee. It is necessary to do torsons of a trunk back with simultaneous strengthening of a flexion of a leg or foot in a knee joint. After 5 repetitions, another leg is placed on the chair.
- Sitting on a chair, you need to put your hands on your knees and alternately raise and lower your legs.
- The following exercise is best performed on a chair without a backrest. You need to sit on its edge and wrap your hands behind your back seat or legs. It is necessary to make several deviations with the trunk back, without bending the back.
- Being in the same starting position, it is necessary to raise straight legs and, alternately, as if rowing, raise and lower them without touching the floor.
- You need to lie on your back and grab the legs beforehand put behind your head at arm's length. Slowly lifting his legs, you need to try to get his socks.
- The next exercise is also performed lying on the back, but under the legs bent at the knees a chair is substituted. Hands must be taken under the basin and, leaning on them, several times to lift it.
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = GeeD-XK3IsU
There are exercises that the patient can cope with in any physical form:
- It is necessary to stand on all fours and, relaxing the abdominal muscles, to bend your back down. With the tension of the abdomen, the back should be bent. Exercise consists of 8-10 repetitions. Deflection is done at the time of inspiration, and arching is exhalation.
- When performing the next exercise, lie on your back and bend your knees. The legs that are brought together should be withdrawn alternately to the left and to the right when exhaled, and to return to the initial position when inhaled.
Here are descriptions of only some exercises that help to cope with the effects of sciatica. A specific complex of exercise therapy should be appointed only in a medical institution after a complete examination of the patient. However, by doing them regularly, a person can prevent an attack of radiculitis. Despite the fact that with this kind of training physical exercises are minimal, exercises have a beneficial effect on the mobility of the spine and strengthening of the muscles in the lumbar region.
Even greater efficiency of rehabilitation measures is achieved when exercise therapy is combined with massage. Perform it must only an experienced specialist, as inept manipulations will lead only to the aggravation of pathology.
Massaging of problem areas, like medical gymnastics, improves metabolism in affected areas, helps to increase muscle tone, and, if necessary, to relax them.
Exercises for radiculitis of the lumbar and other parts, lfk and gymnastics + video
Principle of prescribing exercise therapy
It is necessary to perform exercises in a sparing mode, regardless of the person's condition
The main thing is that before assigning this or that set of exercises,it is necessary to consider the state of human health and the location of the disease. In the acute period, to apply gymnastics is strictly not recommended, it can only aggravate the state of human health.
It is necessary to perform exercises in a sparing mode, regardless of a person's condition. The amplitude of complexity should increase gradually, from simple to more complex. Important is the principle of combination, static and dynamic exercises are performed alternately. Let's assume a slight discomfort, but if there is acute pain, the occupation is interrupted.
Classes should be performed regularly, not courses, it is not uncommon for physical therapy to be prescribed for life. But it is this approach that protects a person from subsequent exacerbations.
There are conditions in which gymnastics will do more harm than good and it must be taken into account. So, it is contraindicated under the condition:
- of a severe physical condition;
- acute disease period;
- decompensated cardiac pathology.
With radiculitis gymnastics has a few contraindications, but it's not advisable to proceed to it alone. First, consultation and permission of a specialist is necessary.
Preparation and sample
First you need to prepare a hard surface, the best option will be the floor, which is covered with a small rug or terry bath towel. The room should be warm air, clothes should be free and do not restrain movements. Exercises are performed in the position on the back.
All exercises are performed strictly in the remission period and after consulting with your doctor.
It assumes the starting position on the back, the legs bend slightly in the knee joints, and the arms are parallel to the body. After the hands are placed on the abdomen, this will ensure the most correct execution of the exercise. It is necessary to strain the muscles of the abdominal press to feel that they have hardened, along with this do not need to strain and hold your breath. The repetition rate is 10 to 15 times. Provided the lumbar spine is correctly executed, the waist flexes a short distance upward. In case of pain at the time of execution, the exercise may be slightly changed, the legs may be placed on the floor or on the sides.
Without changing the initial position, they begin to perform the second exercise, the legs are also bent at the knees, and the hands are located along the trunk. The upper part of the trunk is slightly raised, but it is impossible to tear off the legs from the floor. In this position, you need to stay for 5-10 seconds, and then slowly sink to the floor. The respite is the same time, and after that everything repeats. Multiplicity of repetitions is 10 to 15 times. In the beginning, the hands can be extended forward, after the exercise can be complicated by putting your hands behind your head.
For the third exercise, the starting position does not change, the legs are also extended, and the arms are parallel to the trunk. One leg bends at the knee and rises slightly above the floor surface. After that, you need to straighten it in the raised position and slowly lower it. The exercise repeats - from 10 to 15 times, and then everything is done with the second leg. After doing the exercise with both legs unbent and the same number of times.
The starting position is the same, only the legs are bent, and the arms are parallel to the body. The right arm is stretched out and the brush is located on the left knee. The left leg is bent at the knee joint, which rests against the wrist, it is necessary not to let the knee come to the head. The effort is applied a little for 10 seconds, after a respite is made for 10-15 seconds. Multiplicity of the exercise is 10 to 15 times for each leg.
The situation is the same, only the legs are unbent in the knee joints. Both legs rise above the floor surface at a distance of about 30 centimeters. In this position, the body is held for 5 seconds, after slowly the legs fall to the floor. The repetition rate is 10 to 15 times.
Without changing the starting position, the exercise "bicycle" is performed, during which it is necessary to twist the imaginary pedals of the bicycle.
The starting position, as in the previous exercise, only now with elongated legs horizontal scissors are produced. In addition, elongated legs cross in front of them. The exercise begins with five repetitions and gradually the multiplicity is brought to 10-15 times. After the "bicycle" is spinning, but only this time the imaginary pedals rotate in the opposite direction.
In the position on the back, the arms are parallel to the body, and the legs are bent at the knees. It is necessary to try to make a bridge, using the shoulder blades resting on the floor, the waist at the same time unbends and rises above the floor. In this position, you need to stay for 5-10 seconds, and then take the starting position. Multiplicity of repetitions is 5 to 10 times.
When performing the following exercise, it is necessary to be on the back with knees bent at the knees, but the arms are spread out to the sides and the palms are turned down. It is necessary to put in turn the bent legs either to the right or to the left of the trunk. Multiplicity of repetitions is 10 to 15 times.
Preparatory complex of exercises
For the next exercise the starting position changes, it is necessary to lie on the stomach, and the hands are placed under the chin. It is necessary to raise the straight leg and hold it for 5-10 seconds, and then lower it. Each leg repeats from 10 to 15 times.
At the initial position on the abdomen, the arms are located behind the back and there they fold into the lock. Blades at the same time are reduced, and the head and shoulders are rising upward. Multiplicity of repetitions is 10 to 15 times.
At the end of the complex, exercises are used to relax and stretch the spinal column. Starting position on the back, hands are located along the trunk, legs are straight. The leg bent at the knee pulls up to itself, attracts the breast, and then descends to the floor. The same exercise is repeated with the second leg.
In the second exercise, the starting position remains the same, only the legs bend at the knee joints. Hands are placed on the knee area and in this position the knees are attracted to themselves. Legs are clasped by the hands and in this position, turns are made to the sides. This exercise is an excellent massage for the muscles of the back, especially in the lumbar region, the frequency of its repetition is 5 to 10 times.
The scheme also has an approximate set of exercises with radiculitis that can be performed every day.
Exemplary set of exercises for radiculitis that can be performed every day
complex To perform the second complex, you need an ottoman or stool that is about knee height. The starting position for the first exercise is that one leg is placed on the stand. It is necessary, bending the leg on the stand, bend back and so on 5 times for each leg.
After you need to sit on a stool and clasp your knees with your hands. In turn, you need to straighten your legs, each five times. Sitting on the edge of the stool, you need to grasp the seat with your hands. You need to stray back with your back straight and try every time as far as possible. The main thing is to see to it that you do not fall.
After you need to lie on the floor and straighten your legs, and hands to get your head straight. The task is to simultaneously raise the trunk and legs and form a right angle, and repeat this 5 times.
The starting position changes, you need to lie on your back and straightened hands, which are located behind the head, grab the legs of the stool. Slowly, without jerking, the legs are turned on the head until they touch the surface of the stool with their toes.
There are many more sets of exercises for radiculitis and they all have their own characteristics. It is important that before performing any of them it is necessary to get a doctor's advice and strictly follow all his recommendations. Well, if LFK is shown, the movement is really capable of providing a full life.