Problems of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine of the
The spine is a pillar consisting of 33 vertebrae, fastened together by joints, cartilages and ligaments. It serves as the basis of the entire human skeleton, ensures its vertical position, keeps all organs in the abdomen and breasts in their place. It contains the spinal cord, which is connected with virtually all systems and organs of the human body. For flexibility, strength and cushioning abilities of the spine, intervertebral disks are responsible, the defeat of which leads to osteochondrosis.
What can provoke osteochondrosis
The primary cause of the disease is often incorrect placement of the load on the spine, resulting in intervertebral discs thinning, erasing, and losing elasticity. Among the main causes of osteochondrosis can be named the following:
- smoking, disrupting metabolism and interfering with the recovery processes of the body;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- weak back muscles;
- systematic or one-time weight lifting;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal failures;
- variable unfavorable weather conditions.
This is far from all factors that can provoke osteochondrosis. In life, the reasons for the deterioration of the spine can be much more, which explains the various symptoms.
Manifestations of osteochondrosis
The most obvious symptom of the disease, when it comes to calling a doctor, is pain. At the first stages it can be blunt, accompanied by a feeling of stiffness. Sharp pain occurs when the nerve root is infringed. When moving, it increases and can lead to a violation of sensitivity in the zone of discomfort. Sharp, shooting pain can appear quite unexpectedly and last for several hours. Local manifestations of osteochondrosis may be accompanied by:
- Headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, nausea and pain in hands - with violations in the cervical region.
- Cardiac, hepatic, intestinal and gastric pain - with damage to the thoracic area.
- Backache, mobility and pain in the legs, which indicates violations in the lumbar region. Very good in this case helps the gym. LFK with osteochondrosis is appointed almost always.
- Violation of urination, irritation of the sciatic nerve - with problems in the lumbosacral belly.
Therapeutic physical training is an integral part of complex treatment and an indispensable measure for prevention.
LFK is a complex of moderate physical exertion, which is used in many diseases associated with muscular strength dystrophy and restriction of joint movements. This or that complex is prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the features of the patient's disease and functional capabilities.
The main tasks of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis are directed to:
- normalization of the tone of the central nervous system;
- activation of blood flow in damaged areas;
- muscular relaxation;
- stretching and development of some muscle groups;
- strengthening of the anterior, posterior and lateral muscles of the spine;
- normalization of nutrition of damaged intervertebral discs;
- accustoming the patient to domestic, labor and other loads;
- prophylaxis of spike of vertebral canals.
All exercises included in the complex should be performed slowly, it is necessary to avoid sudden movements. In any complex of gymnastics should include exercises that promote stretching, setting the right breathing and relaxing after the load.
LFK for lumbar spine osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of this department is by far the most common. Since this part of the spine undergoes the greatest everyday loads, regardless of the way of life. Pathology is accompanied by pain in the back, sometimes giving to the legs, discomfort in the lower back. LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone is obligatory procedure. Classes will be productive and productive if performed regularly, correctly, and if the patient is well-tuned. It is not recommended to overwork in the process. Choose a complex should be based on personal physical training.
Exercises for osteochondrosis in the lumbar department of
LFK in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine can be divided into several complexes, depending on the period of the disease. During an acute course, the approximate complex may be as follows:
- We are in a prone position. It does not change throughout the complex. To begin with it is necessary to perform simultaneous bending and extension of hands( in a fist) and stop.
- Let's start the leg warm-up. The left is bent at the knee. Right bend and unbend, sliding his heel along the bed. We do 8 repetitions and go to the left leg.
- We knead the upper body by alternately raising our hands upwards.
- Then hands we bring to the shoulders, bend them and make circular motions.
- Then, the legs bent at the knee are pulled to the stomach without hands.
- The legs are bent at the knees, feet together, alternately take your knees aside.
- The next starting position is legs apart. Circular motion stops inside and out.
- We finish the complex with diaphragmatic breathing.
At the time of acute pain with osteochondrosis, it is better to still adhere to bed rest. In order not to aggravate the osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, exercise therapy in this case has a general strengthening effect and serves more hygienic purposes. You should avoid exercises that cause pain. Repeat each costs an average of 8 times. At the same time, the tempo should be slow.
With the reduction of pain, you can go on to special exercises that increase the strength of the muscles of the abdominal press and those involved in flexion and extension of the thighs. LFK in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine in a subacute period may include the following exercises:
- At the beginning of the complex, we assume a recumbent initial position. We begin with the simultaneous bending / unbending of the feet.
- Then alternately bend and unbend knees.
- We bend one leg, the second is set aside. After several repetitions we change our legs.
- Next, we bend both legs in the knee and lift the sacrum, while the spine is slightly curved.
- The legs are still bent at the knee, we continue the complex by lifting the head and shoulders. At the same time we keep our hands on the stomach.
- Bend your knees to the stomach.
- Strain gluteal muscles for 5-7 seconds.
- We change position, we become focused on the knees. Sit down on the heels, without taking his hands off the bed.
- Initial position on the knees, legs apart. Turns of the trunk with the arm raised: right - up the right hand, to the left - up the left hand.
- Exercise "kitty": the back is bent upwards. When returning to its original position, the spine does not bend downward.
- Now we try to touch the left hand with our right knee. And vice versa - the left knee to the right hand.
- We lay down on the stomach, under it it is desirable to place the roller. Alternate lifting of the feet 3 cm from the couch. We stay in position for an average of 5 seconds.
- Coup. We stretch our arms out to the sides and tear off the head and shoulders from the bed, stay for 5 seconds.
- Then alternately bred legs to the sides.
- We turn over on the abdomen, put our feet on the roller and raise the sacrum due to the curvature of the lumbar region.
In exercise therapy in the osteochondrosis of the lumbar region at the end of the subacute period, it is necessary to gradually introduce exercises that help strengthen the muscles of the back. The pace can be increased. All movements are carried out on inspiration, the exit must take the starting position. Exercises 4,5,6 and 7 can be repeated in a circle several times, they are the most important. When diagnosed, lumbar osteochondrosis, even during the period of remission, should exclude such activities as uncoordinated movements and turns, sharp changes in positions. For example, do not engage in tennis, cross-country running, fast dances or rhythmic gymnastics. LFK with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine promotes:
- strengthening of the muscles of the lower back and lower limbs;
- release of strangulated nerves;
- widening the gap between the vertebrae.
Breast osteochondrosis: how the therapeutic gymnastics help
Osteochondrosis in the thoracic region is not as common as in the lumbar or cervical region. This is due to the lower mobility of the vertebrae of this department, respectively, they are less susceptible to damage. Therapeutic exercise in this disease should contribute to:
- increased mobility of the thoracic region, its intervertebral and costal vertebral joints;
- elimination of muscle spasm and stiffness in the damaged area;
- improvement of ventilation.
LFK in chest osteochondrosis: exercises that help the
Before you start the complex, you can prepare yourself lightly. This will greatly improve the effectiveness of exercise therapy. The preparation can include a warm shower and simple exercises, like twists of the trunk, hands and feet. Implementation of the basic complex of exercise therapy, with a daily repetition, will achieve remission of the disease, but it is always necessary to consult a doctor first. So:
- We accept the position on the abdomen. Hands lay by the head, elbows maximally bred in the sides. Slowly and gently lift the shoulders and upper body, then start alternately pulling the elbows up. Do 5 repetitions.
- Do not change the position, hands are stretched out in front of you. Raise the body, completely tearing off the chest from the floor. Then we have our hands along the body and repeat the ascents.
- Lying on my stomach, we put our hands back and fasten them to the lock. Raise closed limbs and bend as much as possible. We freeze in this position for a couple of seconds, smoothly return to the original position.
- Being in the vertical position, the hands are placed on the shoulders. We lift one shoulder, while the second is lowered, the head follows the shoulder, which goes down.
- Sitting on a chair, we have our hands on the belt. Slowly lift the shoulder girdle and gradually return to the original pose. Do 5 repetitions.
- In a position on a chair, with a gymnastic stick, breathing deeply, we raise the arms upwards, as far as possible we reach for the sports equipment. On exhalation we return to the original position.
- In the standing position, we put the gymnastic stick on the shoulders. Holding on to the ends, we make turns right-to-left, up and down. All we do very carefully.
Auxiliary complex for the period of exacerbation
During an exacerbation, when any movement causes pain, it is better to refrain from doing the exercises. When the pain begins to subside, the medication can be supplemented with gymnastics, which will help relax the clamped muscles. Perform charging should be several times a day:
- We stand on the lap. Carefully lift the head up and simultaneously bend the back down. We take a deep breath. When you feel the maximum muscle tension, gently exhale and return to the original position.
- We kneel on a hard surface, hands freely placed along the body. Breathing in, gently raise our hands upwards and make a slow slope forward. We linger, we lower the limbs and only then return to the vertical position.
- We accept the position on the abdomen, with straight arms extended forward. Slowly make the right hand and the left leg rise up. We linger, smoothly descend, repeat with the opposite hand and foot. Do 5 repetitions.
Water gymnastics for osteochondrosis
The water environment is extremely suitable for specially designed complexes designed to treat and prevent osteochondrosis. Exercise in the water has a number of undeniable advantages:
- the water environment a priori will not allow you to make sudden movements:
- work in water involves all muscle groups;
- the risk of trauma to the spine is minimized.
Exercise complexes are possible only under the supervision of experienced instructors.
Contraindications for water procedures
Contraindications to visiting the pool can be the presence of cutaneous or infectious diseases in the acute period, severe cardiovascular pathologies, diatheses, conditions characterized by convulsive syndrome.
Osteochondrosis is a very unpleasant disease, causing a lot of discomfort and pain. Exercise for lumbosacral osteochondrosis and its other forms, as a component of complex treatment, can significantly improve the patient's condition. Therefore, if a course of physiotherapy was prescribed, it should be performed methodologically, in accordance with the instructions, and then the gymnastics will give long-awaited relief.
Gymnastics and exercise therapy for lumbar osteochondrosis
Gymnastics for lumbar osteochondrosis is used for chronic low back pain. Acute pain syndrome requires the appointment of medications or novocaine blockades. Therapeutic exercise with lumbago( "lumbago") is impossible because of the limitation of the mobility of the spine.
Chronic pain does not require injections of an anesthetic. With a strengthened muscular back skeleton, the skeletal muscles will support the spinal column in the correct position. This condition prevents the displacement of the vertebrae and the infringement of the nerves. To normalize the tone of muscle fibers, we recommend using kinesitherapy according to Bubnovsky. In practice, this method is very effective. Its dignity is that, in addition to musculature, during exercise, ligaments and tendons are trained.
This gymnastics for the waist with osteochondrosis allows to exclude the self-tension of the muscles when sitting and walking. Let's consider the principles of kinesitherapy in more detail.
Basic principles of the
Exercise for the lower back begins with minor physical exertion. Their intensity gradually increases. Within 2 weeks, in the absence of pain, it is possible to bring the stress of skeletal muscles up to maximum values.
Kinesitherapy involves performing exercise therapy with little pain. At first, the exercises do not take much time - enough time for 15-20 minutes. When the pain disappears, you can connect training with weights. Loads are appointed by the doctor after a thorough assessment of the state of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
Basic principles of charging in degeneration of the spine:
- At the initial stages, thermal procedures are required;
- Turpentine baths, Finnish and Russian baths normalize the blood supply and relax the skeletal muscles;
- Hardware physiotherapy on special training equipment allows to eliminate inflammation;
- Create an unloading bed;
- Perform the easiest exercises for 2-3 days;
- For 2 weeks, muscle group tension should be increased;
- Extension of the intensity of movements is primarily carried out by connecting the area of damage;
- Extra loads should enhance stretching and relaxation;
- At the initial stages, the use of parenterotherapy with the help of electrostimulators;
- At home, you can put a heating pad on your back;
- In medical institutions it is possible to carry out hardware physiotherapy and massage;
- With prolonged pain syndrome, an anesthetic injection should be made;
- Relapse prevention using treatment procedures is carried out once a week;
- After the disappearance of pain, prolonged prophylaxis is prescribed.
Medical gymnastics with lumbar osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky helps prevent chronic pain in the back. The essence of kinesitherapy is to restore working capacity and overcome helplessness. By returning lost lumbar functions and restoring the behavioral stereotype.
When performing the procedures, the main emphasis is on the mandatory implementation of the rules, which must follow directly the contraction of the muscles. To control relaxation, one should use psychotherapeutic relaxation. An important role in the preparation for the implementation of therapeutic procedures is played by extreme temperature contrast and cryobalneotherapy.
Balneotherapy operates on the principle of a Russian bath and involves a combination of wet steam and thermal procedures.
In the lesion of the lumbosacral spine, the patient should choose the optimal mode of physical activity. For these purposes, you should conduct classes on a daily basis, taking into account the desired amplitude and strength of performing physical exercises.
To create the power load, simulators can be used:
- Move on the knees with the support of the hands;
- Raise your legs to the top, lying on your back to unload the lumbosacral spine;
- If pain occurs, lift up each leg in turn. It is enough 20 repetitions in series of 10-15 approaches.
With strong pain, put a wet sheet under your spine and lie on it, bending your knees in your lap. It will provide anesthesia.
In case of exacerbation of pain, it is not recommended to stop the session.
In practice, it has been established that the contraction and relaxation of skeletal muscles has analgesic effects. As a consequence, with daily exercise of exercise therapy, the pain syndrome gradually decreases. Even after the cessation of pain should continue kinesitherapy, in order to achieve a lasting effect. If the patient has acute pain, pharmaceutical drugs are used to anesthetize before the cycle of medical gymnastics.
Picture: gymnastics "cross-pull".
In case of exacerbation of chronic pain syndrome according to the Bubnovsky technique, gymnastics "cross-traction" and "crossover" are recommended.
To perform these exercises, you should wear special cuffs fitted with a fixing carabiner. Initially, exercise therapy is performed with an instructor who controls the intensity of the movements. When carrying out movements the patient is supported by the lower racks of the simulator. Charging is performed even with minor pain. At the same time, the specialist observes that the patient was breathing properly. On the background of thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis, the intercostal spaces narrow. In this case, the edges move to the sides. This condition makes ventilation of the lung tissue difficult.
It is known, the more active movements a person performs, the stronger the analgesic effect. However, with changes in the sacral department, special attention should be paid to relaxing the pear-shaped gluteus muscle. When she is in a hypertensive state, she squeezes the sciatic nerve, causing pear-shaped syndrome.
Simultaneously, when performing gymnastics from osteochondrosis, the amplitude of movements in the hip joints increases. When traction kinesitherapy eliminates the psychological fear of man before the pain.
How partere exercise therapy is conducted
Parterre exercise is carried out by complex exercises that are aimed at strengthening the muscles of the abdominal press.
Special movements are created for these purposes:
- Take the initial position not to the back. Carry the legs at an angle of 90 degrees. The cycle time is 10-15 times. Do not touch the floor when lowering your legs. As you exhale, raise. If there is not enough physical shape, you can hold on to the support;
- Sitting on the floor, rest your hands behind. Do the scissors with your feet. On exhalation, do a swing.
- Accept the original position, as in the previous step. Bend your legs in the knee joints and pull your legs to your chest;
- Lying on your back, bend your hands behind your head. Alternately, touch the knees. This gymnastics can not be performed in the presence of pathology in the spine( bone osteophytes, inflammatory diseases);
- Lying on your stomach, place your hands in front of you. Carry out cross motions of the lower limbs;
- Accept the original position in the same way as in the previous step. Lower and lift the trunk on exhalation.
Restoring the elasticity of the musculature
Therapeutic charge to restore the elasticity of the skeletal muscles is carried out in conjunction with general exercises. To perform it, perform the following exercises:
- Stand on your knees, place your bent or straight arms close to your knees. Carry out the deflection and arching of the vertebral column with maximum amplitude, overcoming lumbar pain;
- Take the starting position standing with feet on the width of the shoulders. Tilt the body forward to each thigh. Do not bend your knees. Overcoming the pain in the region of the knee joints, you can restore the tone of the muscles of the lower limbs;
- Take the initial position on the abdomen. Take the shin by the hand. Try to lift the hip as high as possible. Do the same with your other hand.
In the complex of therapeutic exercise in osteochondrosis, it is necessary to include push-ups from the floor. They are recommended even with exacerbation of chronic pain. When performing movements, make it easy on the toes and palms. However, with acute pain in the lower part of the waist, push-ups can not be performed. In the initial stages, the interval for the procedure is 20 seconds. After a week, it increases to 30 seconds.
Two methods are used for push-up:
- Continuous in time with pauses of 20 seconds;
- Series of 10 push-ups in a duration of 10 series.
With a weak physical form, we recommend push-ups with support on a chair, table and wall. Daily physical activity is increased by 5-10 new movements.
There are no age-related contraindications for performing parterre gymnastics. It should be taken into account, the greater the age of a person, the softer the number of movements increases. To increase the duration of studies, the patient's condition should be taken into account.
Parterre gymnastics with osteochondrosis should be performed every other day for 15 minutes.
Rid of exacerbations of chronic pain
Parterre gymnastics in case of exacerbation of chronic pain in the back:
- Take the initial position on all fours. Walk with the maximum stretching step. With severe pain in the lower back, you should not walk on all fours for 5-10 minutes;
- Lying on your back, clasp your hands behind your head. Bend your knees, place your feet on the floor. Bend the body with a break from the floor of the blades. Concentrate on the abdominal muscles. The number of repetitions is 20-25.The duration of the gymnastics is 10 minutes;
- Take the starting position on the back. Put your hands behind your head. On the left knee should be located the right foot. Left elbow stretch to the right knee. Change the location of the legs and stretch the right elbow to the left knee joint.
Prevention of pain in the back should be performed before physical exercises to prepare the muscles, as well as during the remission of the disease.
What are the principles of prevention of lumbosacral osteochondrosis:
- Do exercises with minor complications lasting 20 minutes each;
- Perform each exercise until slight skeletal muscle fatigue;
- Normalize the diet to restore the exchange of calcium and phosphorus;
- Eliminate excess weight.
Warning! Of all foods, alcohol has the highest caloric value. It does not turn into fatty acids, but it provides the body with enough energy to store fat. The intake of animal proteins improves the condition of the spinal column. They must be consumed in limited quantities.
If the above gymnastics perform daily, you can expect not only to eliminate the pain syndrome. With proper physical education, the spine will take a physiological position and will not bend.
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region( video, photo)
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the dorsal part with the help of exercise therapy
If doctors diagnosed "osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine" - the patient should think about lifestyle, nutrition, dramatically changing it towards activewith compulsory gymnastics and diet. If you ignore the diagnosis, and do not change your lifestyle, even after a successful medical treatment, the back osteochondrosis will come back again after a while.
To treat osteochondrosis of the back, complex treatment is recommended, including:
- drug therapy;
- diet food, it is possible to prescribe a salt-free diet;
- therapeutic charge for the lumbar spine.
An excellent way to eliminate pain syndrome with back osteochondrosis - exercise therapy. With the help of this physiotherapeutic method, a strong muscular corset is created, the task of which is to maintain in a stable state and protect the spine from defeat by osteochondrosis.
Before starting exercise therapy for the back with osteochondrosis, it is necessary to eliminate the pain syndrome. This is done with the help of medicines - analgesics. If the patient's condition does not stabilize, then exercise can only exacerbate the disease, then charging for the back with osteochondrosis certainly will not help. As soon as the painful sensations are eliminated, after 2-3 days the therapy course can begin.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
General recommendations for exercise therapy
In the early stages, therapeutic gymnastics with lumbar osteochondrosis should be done in the supine position, since in this position the load on the spine is minimal.
If a weak pain sensation appears during exercise, a special roller is used that is placed under the knees. All LFK exercises are performed without sudden movements, slowly, smoothly, so as not to provoke complications. Performing exercises in prone position, the roller must be placed under the ankle joints.
Important! The complex of exercises for therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastics must be coordinated with the attending physician, since even insignificant, from your point of view, "deviations" from the individual complex will negatively affect the recovery. Before choosing a set of health-improving exercises, it is necessary to establish a diagnosis correctly, since degenerative processes in the intervertebral discs appear as a result of improper operation of the muscles of the back. In this case, therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis as an additional therapy will be appropriate.
8 important rules of the exercise room
The gymnastics specialists call the 8 rules, observing which you will get the maximum effect from the medical-improving charge for the back, and also for a long time keep the effect:
- Before the beginning of the gym, be sure to consult a doctor.
- Charge should be done regularly, ideally - in the morning of each day.
- We are engaged in comfortable, from natural fabrics clothes, avoiding hypothermia.
- During gymnastics, watch your sensations carefully: if pain occurs, reduce the load or stop exercising altogether.
- Do not do any sudden movements while doing the exercises, do everything slowly, neatly, smoothly.
- Watch your breathing, do not delay it.
- While performing the exercises for the back, make sure that the deflection of the spine forward - lumbar lordosis - does not increase, as this can provoke an exacerbation.
- Follow the individual set of exercises clearly.
What are the goals of exercise therapy?
LFK for the spinal part of the spine in conjunction with drug therapy are aimed at: • preventing the
- from progressing to the degenerative process of intervertebral discs;
- to remove compensatory muscle spasms;
- to eliminate the pain syndrome that arose due to compression of the vertebrae of the nerve roots.
Before the therapeutic gymnastics, experts recommend a warm-up for the back.
- Position, lying on the back, pull the feet on yourself, then - to the floor. Knees alternately unbend and bend.
- In the position, lying on the back, slowly raise our hands up, and then, we put it behind the head.
- From the prone position, we pull the legs in the knees, then slowly lift the sacrum from the floor.
- Position lying on the back, knees bent - tear off the head and shoulders from the floor, stay in this position for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
- Pose - sitting on the lap, hands rest on the floor with the palms of the hands. Alternately, bend the spine.
- In the position lying on the abdomen, alternately raise each leg 7 cm from the floor, keeping the foot for 5-7 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastic complex for the back
The therapeutic and prophylactic complex for the back consists of several stages. The first stage - exercises are required to be performed without special stress, the second stage and the third - are performed with the greatest effort. On performance, scroll on the day 20 minutes, best to plan for exercise therapy morning time or one hour before sleep.
Complexes of gymnastics for the back are different for different periods, they must be discussed with the doctor individually, practiced with a methodologist for therapeutic and preventive physical education.
- Position - standing, feet set on the width of the shoulders, hands - on the waist. Slowly, without sudden movements, lean forward, we return to the starting position. Further, from the initial position, bend with the straight back as far back as possible. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is the same, but the slopes are executed from side to side, we follow the back, it must be straight. We perform 10-15 times.
- Position lying: we strain the abdominal muscles, we try, as it were, to squeeze the back into the floor. We stay in this position for 5-10 seconds, repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on the back, legs bend at the knees. With the elbow of the right hand, we try to reach the knee of our left leg. We do the same, but with the other hand and foot. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is lying on the back: we stretch our hands behind the head, stretch ourselves well.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the back we perform 2-3 months, ideally - all life. Do not forget about the continuous control of the correctness of posture. Exercises, the force of their work, specialists choose, taking into account the patient's condition.
When can not I exercise?
Like all medical procedures, exercise therapy has its own contraindications and limitations. Do not exercise if:
- high temperature;
- there is an instability of the spine department( before the beginning of exercise of the exercise therapy perform X-ray examination);
- on the background of worsening of the general condition - neurological symptoms increase.
LFK at an osteochondrosis for a back plays the important role as tones up muscles, well strengthens them. If the muscles are weak, the entire load and weight of the body "hang" on the spine, deforming the intervertebral discs, flattening them. Strengthened muscles of the back, lumbar spine create an additional corset, part of the load is taken over. And also, therapeutic exercises help to get rid of salts, as muscular and bone tissues at physical loads use them to compensate physiological losses. And constant active movements, gradually, day after day, like "grind" the thorns of salt, making them not so sharp and painful.
Each set of exercises consists of several stages, from the first stage you need to perform exercises without much strain, and already the second, the third stage should take place with the greatest effort. To perform exercises should be allocated from 20 minutes, it is best to schedule them for the morning after waking up and half an hour before bedtime.
Morning exercise should last about 15-20 minutes , the main actions are aimed at warming up the whole of the spine and lumbar region separately. Evening gymnastics helps to strengthen the already mashed muscles for the whole day and restore the supporting activity, a damping function. Do not perform exercises in the acute phase of osteochondrosis, with severe and shooting pains, and do not do those exercises that can cause pain or deterioration.
In order for curative gymnastics to bring benefit and healing, you need to follow certain rules:
- Charging should be done daily;
- Doing exercises does not need to hold your breath;
- Doing gymnastics is necessary not hurrying up, not accelerating the pace and not straining much;
- It is necessary to diagnose your condition with a doctor, completely sharing your state of health, improvement;
- It is recommended to combine exercise therapy with therapeutic treatment.
You need to start physical therapy with a warm-up .
- Lying on your back, you need to pull the feet on yourself, and then pull to the floor. Alternately bend and unbend the knee.
- Lying on your back you need to slowly pull your hands up, then with the help of a partner to take your hands behind your head in the same lying position.
- Lying on your back you need to bend your knees, slowly you need to tear off the sacrum from the floor.
- Lying on the back, the legs are bent at the knees, the head and shoulders come off the floor, in this position, stay for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
- Sit on your knees to lean your palms on the floor, bend the spine, but do not need to unbend.
- To lie on the abdomen, place a soft cushion under the abdomen, lift each foot by cm 7, keeping them in the weight of seconds. 5.
Gymnastics is presented in numerous variations, the attending physician will provide a special set of exercises based on the patient's well-being.
Massage for osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region are combined together by therapeutic methods and massage. Massage is used to relieve the condition and relax the tight muscles of the waist. It is carried out in a supine position, the actions should be light, without excessive pressure and stress on the spine. Usually under the abdomen and ankles of the patient put special rollers, this allows you to fully straighten the spine.
Massage is carried out by smooth strokes, the massage therapist uses a special cream or massage oil for better contact. For a start, the back is slightly warmed up by rubbing, kneading the lower back. In order to fully warm the dorsal muscles, knead and gluteal muscles and legs are warmed up. Effective massage becomes after bath or other thermal procedures, at this moment just the blood circulation is strengthened. Together with a massage of a similar result can be achieved with the help of manual therapy.
Manual method helps improve blood circulation in the spine, and also displaced intervertebral discs are replaced. At the time of treatment should be adhered to not only the mandatory exercise of exercise therapy, massage, but also important diet in this period.
Why you need the diet
The right diet for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region can improve the action and assimilation of medications. Adhering to a diet does not mean that you must strictly deny yourself food, starve, you just need to balance it and use more foods with vitamins and nutrients, and foods that are harmful to the body need to be excluded.
During treatment, it is desirable to reduce the intake of sugar and salt, and you must refuse to take coffee, which adversely affects the body. Coffee cleanses calcium, and it is needed to supply intervertebral discs. It can easily be replaced with chicory.
It is recommended to consume more fresh vegetables and fruits, enriched with vitamins, freshly squeezed juices. It is necessary to include in the diet cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, beets. With this disease it is recommended to sit down on protein foods: eggs, meat, fish, cottage cheese, milk, kefir. Accustomed heavy food is best replaced with light soups or broths.
Perfectly suited vitamin diet, which includes useful substances and trace elements. For vertebral cartilage, joints and bone tissue, you need to consume more calcium, phosphorus, zinc and vitamins A, B, C, D.
Observing complex treatment and each item separately, you can achieve good results and forget about the disease for a long time.
LFK for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Every person has experienced pain in the lumbar region at least once in a lifetime, and the cause could be sudden movements or lifting weights. Such moments are quickly forgotten and people rarely consult a doctor, but the symptoms speak of a growing problem. Most often, after a while, when seizures increase, doctors make a diagnosis - osteochondrosis of the lumbar department, which requires serious treatment.
Pay attention to the unique remedy for osteochondrosis, arthrosis and injuries!
Gel "Grandfather's Secret" - the first Russian drug, which makes it possible to restore cartilaginous tissue in the joints without surgical intervention and injections.
More about this tool you can find out on the link further - Cream "Grandfather's Secret".
Symptomatology and causes of lumbar spine osteochondrosis
The etiology of this disease is associated with the damage to the pulpous core, because of which the structural fragments of the spine begin to deform. In severe cases, nerve roots and blood vessels can be squeezed. Avoid all the adverse factors contributing to the onset of this disease, it is simply impossible, but there are several things that can be prevented:
- Weight lifting. With a significant load, the vertebrae exert an excessive pressure on the nerve endings, which leads to painful sensations. For each person there is a certain weight that he can raise without causing damage to health, so it is important to observe these ranges and avoid sudden movements with the load.
- Subcooling. This reason can be the main lever that triggers the disease. The loin should always be warm, since the nerve roots in this area feed many important organs, and hypothermia can only exacerbate the general condition.
- Post-traumatic injury. Often, falling on his back, people simply forget to turn to a traumatologist, arguing that everything will pass. Such a trauma can gradually destroy the structural fragments of the spine and only after a few years to manifest a serious disease.
- Poor nutrition. Under this category of risk are overweight people, vegetarians, snack lovers, etc. The body needs nutrients that can be obtained from healthy food and with a properly set diet. It is important to eat protein foods of animal origin, since only it can deliver the necessary amino acids to the spine.
To this list, you can add stressful situations, inadequate active lifestyles, bad habits, failures in the mode of work and rest, etc. However, the person can influence the factors provided, even if it takes a long time. Another cause of osteochondrosis is heredity. In this case, a person or even a doctor can not change the genetic information, so it is necessary to use various preventive measures.(See also: treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis).
To prevent the manifestation of this pathology will help complex exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine. To do this, you should consult a doctor who will choose competent exercises with a minimum risk for health. It is important to perform them regularly and in several approaches, then the muscular corset will become stronger, and the posture will return to the correct anatomical position.
The main symptoms that indicate the presence of the disease:
- Mobility disorders, accompanied by pain in the affected area.
- Change of statistical and dynamic indicators in the problem department.
- Visible disorders in posture( scoliosis, lordosis, etc.).
- Problems with nervous and vascular functions.
- Significant reduction in the range of motion.
- Muscular imbalance associated with reflex muscle tension.
- Hypersensitivity of the localization site of the diseased segment.
- Painful sensations.
Over time, this list adds lumbago, acute lumbulgia, numbness, chilliness, irregularities in the work of pelvic organs, etc.
How to treat osteochondrosis
First of all it is necessary to visit a doctor who will conduct an examination, listen to complaints, prescribe certain diagnostic methods, and in the future proceeding from the results obtained, will select competent treatment. First, medications are prescribed, the action of which is aimed at arresting the pain syndrome and eliminating inflammation. This approach makes it possible to ease the patient's condition and prepare for exercise therapy with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
The main goal of such gymnastics is full or partial restoration of mobility of the affected segment. Practically all the exercises are aimed at strengthening the muscular corset, normalizing the posture and stretching the spine.(See also: exercises with osteochondrosis of the lumbar region).In addition, this method provides:
- Reduction of relapses.
- Stop degenerative processes in the cartilaginous tissue.
- Reducing the risk of complications.
- Accelerate recovery.
Before proceeding with the exercises, it is necessary:
- Consult a physician. Only a specialist can recommend individual exercises, having studied the clinical picture, the features of the course of the disease and the general physical data of the patient.
- Correctly implement the complex. It is advisable to conduct the first sessions with an instructor who can follow the correctness of the movements. It is important before the first test of exercises to give up pain medications. This will help to adequately assess the sensations and identify tasks that cause pain. All exercises are performed smoothly and slowly, without sudden movements and excessive loads.
- Choose clothes for classes. She should not restrain movements, so it is better to choose something light, but allowing the skin to breathe and protect the lower back from hypothermia.
- Distribute exercises. All prepared by a specialist it is desirable to break into blocks and perform several approaches throughout the day. Ideally, you need to start with the easiest, and finish with a stronger load.
- Keep track of well-being. In some cases, exercise can cause discomfort after a long period of use( for example, after a few months).In this case it is necessary to refuse them and consult a doctor. There is a possibility of complications or complications of concomitant disease.
Basic exercises used for osteochondrosis
The specialist will be able to select a complex that will bring the maximum benefit in a particular situation. Exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region should be carried out with ease and do not load the problem area. Most often, the following tasks are used:
- In the sitting position on the buttocks, it is necessary to stretch the legs forward and arrange them at 40 cm, while raising their hands up and slowly lowering in the direction of the feet. Ideally, you should touch the toes of your toes with a palm, without bending the knee joints. Fixing in this position, you need to get up and only then let go of your legs.
- Sit on the buttocks and cross the legs, then put the palms on the kneecaps and try to keep the trunk as flat as possible. The head should look straight. In this position, the back is fixed until the appearance of the first signs of fatigue.
- In standing position, hands should be fixed on the waist so that the thumbs are closer to the stomach. After this, gently alternately turn the trunk to the maximum. It is enough for 8-12 turns in each direction.
- Fixing the feet under any furniture( sofa, wardrobe, bed), it is necessary with a smooth bearing to smoothly sink from a sitting position to a recumbent and back. It is recommended to do this several times, and the number of approaches can be added every day.
- In the reclining position, it is necessary to fix the back of the head on the floor and bring the straight legs as close to the body as possible. After returning to the starting position, you should hold your foot in the air at an angle close to 30 degrees. Each leg is raised in turn.
- The trunk is fixed to the floor, and the legs bend at the knees and rise. After this, each leg should be lowered to the side, while moving only the part of the body that is below the waist.
Only the specialist( orthopedist, neurologist, rehabilitologist, etc.) can correctly select the training package. Self-selected movements can cause great harm to health and significantly complicate the course of the disease. It is important to always follow the doctor's instructions, then the osteochondrosis can be cured in the early stages. In neglected forms, such a disease can even lead to disability.
You can immediately note a unique tool for the treatment of diseases of the spine, which has high efficiency and has many positive reviews.
This is an orthopedic plaster "ZB PAIN RELIEF".Large-scale clinical trials were conducted at the Stockholm Medical University( Sweden) in 2013.A total of more than 1000 men and women with various diseases of the spine and joints participated in them, and they used orthopedic plasters "ZB PAIN RELIEF" for 2 weeks. The results of the research surprised even the doctors!
Pains, both acute and aching, have passed in most subjects within 1-3 days after the beginning of the use of patches. More than 70% of those participating in the studies have developed significant shifts in the treatment of chronic diseases of the spine and joints.
You can learn more about this plaster by clicking on the link below - "ZB PAIN RELIEF".