Causes and symptoms of myalgia
What is myalgia?
Myalgia is muscle pain that occurs as a result of hypertonicity in muscle cells, both in a relaxed state and under tension. Almost every person regularly faces muscle pain in everyday life. Recently, not only adults, but even teenagers are susceptible to myalgia, resulting from excessive physical exertion, stressful situations and trauma. There are three types of myalgia: fibromyalgia, myositis and polymyositis.
Causes of myalgia
As mentioned above, the causes of myalgia can be stresses, emotional overstrain, prolonged or too heavy physical exertion, as well as traumas, sedentary lifestyles, infectious, inflammatory, chronic diseases and so on. These factors lead to the development of hypertonia( excessive muscle tension), which in turn changes the metabolic processes in the body. If myalgia is not treated for a long time, it can provoke the development of more serious diseases: polymyositis, osteoarthrosis, osteochondrosis, herniated discs, etc.
Symptoms of myalgia
Symptoms of myalgia depend on the variety of this disease.
The most common type of myalgia is fibromyalgia. It is characterized by the appearance of pain in the muscles, ligaments and tendons. Most often, the pain is localized in the lumbar, cervical, occipital and humeral areas.
Fibromyalgia, in turn, is also divided into two types: primary and secondary fibromyalgia.
For the first case, there are musculoskeletal pain sensations that are sharply expressed on palpation. Fibromyalgia often accompanies asthenia and sleep disorders. Primary fibromyalgia is found mainly in women and girls prone to anxiety, subject to stress and depression, it is often observed in adolescent girls. Pain can be aggravated due to overloads, injuries, weather changes( cold, dampness).
Secondary( local) fibromyalgia is most common in men and can be caused by work or sports overloads.
Myositis is the second common type of myalgia. It is an inflammation of the muscle tissue and arises as a complication of various diseases, including influenza. The causes of myositis can also be trauma or excessive physical activity. Sometimes myositis has a vascular origin, for example, insufficient blood supply to the muscle tissue. Pain in myositis aching, localized in the muscles of the arms, legs, trunk, arises and intensifies when moving.
Polymyositis is a disease whose first symptom is myalgia. It provokes muscle weakness and severe pain in the neck muscles and muscles of the shoulder girdle, which eventually pass to the pelvic girdle and leg muscles. In some cases, polymyositis can lead to muscular dystrophy.
In addition to pain, a person suffering from myalgia can feel nausea, headache;the permeability of cell membranes is violated, hyperthermia and joint tension arise.
A separate type of myalgia is epidemic myalgia( Bornholm disease).It develops when you get into the body of the Coxsackie virus, and its symptoms are acute, paroxysmal pain, high fever, chills and vomiting. Pain is mainly localized in the chest, back, neck, arms. Most often, epidemic myalgia lasts from three to five days, less often - a week.
Treatment of myalgia
Treatment of myalgia, like any other disease, requires a doctor's consultation. Therapy is symptomatic: first of all, it is necessary to identify and eliminate the causes that caused myalgia. Then relieve the pain and inflammation of the muscles with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics. Among the most popular medicines used to treat myalgia are Diclofenac, analgin, Pentalgin, Naproxen, Caffetin, Indomethacin. Effective is the use of warming anti-inflammatory gels and ointments( "Finalgon", "Fastum gel"), tincture of red pepper, therapeutic solution( "Menovazin").
An additional treatment for myalgia is also physiotherapy. Patients are shown therapeutic physical training and massages, the reception of biologically active additives.
Symptoms and treatment of myalgia
Myalgia is a disease that is characterized by severe pain in the muscles, which has a variety of causes. However, there is no such diagnosis today. This is, rather, a symptom that is characteristic of some ailments. So what is myalgia and how to fight it?
The main causes of the disease can be divided into rheumatic and non-rheumatic. To non-rheumatic it is possible to carry:
- Physical overstrain of muscles.
- Stretch marks.
There are other causes of pain that are related to rheumatic fever. This includes:
- Spine pathologies.
- Diseases of the spine.
- Infectious diseases, most commonly influenza.
- Increased tone.
However, there are several types of myalgias that have very different causes. Firstly, it is an intercostal form, the cause of which lies in the fact that the nerve trunks are compressed. Secondly, it is an epidemic form, the main cause of which lies in the penetration into the body of the viruses Coxsackie V and Coxsackie A-9.Thirdly, it is a syndrome of eosinophilia, in which soreness in muscles occurs after the adoption of a drug such as tryptophan.
How to recognize the disease
Different kinds of muscle pain have their symptoms, so myalgia can be divided into several subspecies. The first is fibromyalgia, when soreness is felt not only in muscles, but also in ligaments and tendons. Most often it manifests itself in the following areas of the body:
- to the nape.
Of all the listed species, myalgia occupies the first place in the neck, while the patient feels dull pain in the neck.
Fibromyalgia can be of two types - primary and secondary. For the primary type is characterized by acute musculoskeletal pain, sleep disturbance and lack of sensitivity in the affected area. Most often, this condition is diagnosed in young women who are prone to depression and anxiety.
The secondary type is most often diagnosed in men, but occurs when it is overloaded at work or when doing sports.
The second subspecies is myositis, with painful sensations only when the body moves. Most often, the limbs and trunk suffer.
The third subspecies is polymyositis. In this case, the patient complains not only of muscle pain and general weakness, but also the development of dystrophy, and in the absence of treatment, painful sensations spread throughout the lower half of the trunk.
For all subspecies of this condition, there are common symptoms, among which swellings, inflammatory process in the affected muscles, nausea and even vomiting, pain in the head, stiffness and tension in joints when trying to move, often, rise in body temperature to37.5 degrees.
Treatment of myalgia should be prescribed only by a doctor after a complete examination of the body and identify the causes of the development of the disease.the treatment itself is carried out according to the type of symptomatic.
To remove pain and inflammation help such medications as diclofenac, analgin, pentalginum, naproxen, indomethacin. A good effect at an early stage of the disease can be obtained by using a warming compress with the use of anti-inflammatory ointments, for example, finalgone, gelfast, gelatin, and menovazine.
In addition to treatment with medications, the symptoms of myalgia can be affected by dry heat. The procedure is very simple. In a fabric of linen or cotton, you need to sew a small amount of sand or salt and heat in the oven. After the bag becomes hot, it must be applied to a sore spot, must be wrapped around with a warm scarf or shawl, and you can remove such a compress after the bag has completely cooled down. This procedure should be performed 2 times a day until soreness disappears.
Often, together with drug therapy, aromatherapy is recommended. In this case, for the removal of symptoms, rosemary and marjoram are best, to improve the blood flow of cedar oil, and to remove spasm, you can use cinnamon oil.
Myalgia symptoms and treatment
Almost all people know the pain in the muscles, often appearing under heavy physical exertion. Very often they arise as a result of stressful situations or injuries. This is one of the most common muscular diseases that affects people of all ages. And it's called myalgia.
Kinds of myalgia
The following types of myalgia are distinguished:
- Fibromyalgia, characterized by tenderness of the muscles in the loin, cervico-brachial girdle, occipital region. It can be primary, to which women are subjected at any age who have a tendency to depressive states. And secondary, manifested among men who perform heavy physical work and do a lot of sports.
- Myositis is a myalgia, inflammatory. It occurs against the backdrop of chronic diseases, as well as as a consequence of a cold or infectious illness.
- Poliomyositis. It is characterized by weakness and dystrophy of the muscles. In this case, the pain from the cervico-brachial girdle in the initial stage of the disease, gradually, as the disease progresses, pass into the pelvic region and legs.
- Bornholm disease or epidemic myalgia, which is caused by the Coxsackie virus.
Can Osgood-Schlatter disease interfere with the passage of military service? You will find the answer in this article.
Causes of myalgia
Myalgia is a disease that is familiar to every person, since almost all people occasionally experience muscle pains that occur during movement, during physical work, sports exercises, or when pressing on an inflamed area. The causes of myalgia are very different.
- Most often, its occurrence is associated with heavy overwork or excessive loads in sports and gyms.
- Often the cause of this disease is stress, causing a strong emotional stress.
- Various injuries, hypothermia and diseases cause inflammation in the muscle tissue, and as a consequence, myalgia.
- Pain in the muscles can be promoted by a passive lifestyle, when the person moves little.
Any of these causes leads to increased muscle tension( hypertonicity).And as a result - a violation of metabolism.
Myalgia, the symptoms of which often appear in people who have excellent health, during training or performing unusual physical work, is characterized primarily by a sudden acute pain that pierces the muscles.
In the future, there may be swelling of the legs and inflammation of certain areas. Very often, with myalgia, a person experiences attacks of nausea and headache.
At the same time, each type of myalgia is characterized by its own symptoms.
- strong pain in the area of the cervico-humeral girdle and waist testify to the presence of fibromyalgia. Especially acute it is felt when pressing. The concomitant factor of fibromyalgia is deterioration of sleep and asthenia. In this case, cases of increased pain when weather changes, minor injuries, etc are common;
- inflammatory myalgia or myositis is accompanied by a pain in the muscles of the legs, arms and trunk, a noisy character that builds up during movement;
- for polymyositis are characterized by severe paroxysmal pains in the upper part of the trunk( cervico-brachial region), caused by muscle weakness. In the future, the pain is localized in the pelvic region and passes to the legs. Running, untreated polymyositis can lead to muscle dystrophy;
- is the most severe course in epidemic myalgia, which is accompanied not only by acute pain, localized in the upper back, chest area, cervico-brachial girdle and hands, but also by fever, vomiting, chills.
You will learn about the peculiarities of treatment of crunch in joints from this article.
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is aimed at reducing inflammation, improving and maintaining the function of the joints. Read more http: //osteokhondros.ru/ Kogda-bolyat-sustavy / Revmatoidnyj-artrit-simptomy-dignostika-i-metody-lecheniya.html
Treatment of myalgias
Treatment of myalgia should be performed under the supervision of a specialist physician in this field. The greatest effect is provided by complex therapy, including:
Pain sensations always deliver a lot of inconveniences and interfere with normal life activity of a person. Especially if they affect the musculoskeletal structures of the body: muscles and joints. It is important to note that pain is not a disease, but only a separate symptom of any pathology. For successful treatment it is necessary to identify the cause of the pain syndrome and eliminate it.
The most common symptoms that significantly reduce the quality of life are arthralgia and myalgia: what it is and how to treat it will be discussed below.
Pain in the muscles is commonly referred to as myalgia. The most common causes of this symptom include:
- intoxication - in this state, the accumulation of metabolic products takes place in the body. The muscle slows down the utilization of lactic acid, which irritates the nociceptive( painful) receptors. It is observed in infectious diseases of bacterial or viral nature, poisoning and accumulation diseases( congenital anomalies of metabolism);
- ischemia - insufficient arterial blood supply is a frequent cause of leg muscles myalgia in older people. Often accompanied by impaired sensitivity, changing the color of the skin of the extremities. Very rarely affected vessels, blood supplying the muscles of the trunk. Disease - acute or chronic arterial insufficiency of the muscles of the trunk;
- spasm - regular intense muscle contractions are observed with a lack of calcium or magnesium in the blood. This symptom occurs with hypoparathyroidism, rickets and other conditions with a violation of calcium metabolism. It is important to note that treatment should be started only after confirming the lack of ions in the biochemical analysis of the blood;
- neurological disorders - permanent intense pain in muscles of a cutting nature can occur when the pathways of nerve impulse transmission are infringed: rootlets, spinal and main nerves. Most often there is myalgia of the muscles of the legs, with infringement of roots in the spinal canal of the lumbar region. In this case, the pain will be accompanied by impaired sensitivity( reduction or the appearance of paradoxical sensations) and flaccid paralysis;
- systemic connective tissue diseases - they are difficult to treat and difficult to diagnose, so it is impossible to completely eliminate symptoms of myalgia;
- hereditary muscle dystrophies( Duchenne-Becker myodystrophy, Dreyfus, myotubular and so on).
The reason is of decisive importance in the choice of treatment tactics. It is important to conduct diagnostics in a timely manner, as some diseases can progress and become irreversible.
As a rule, it is possible to assume a disease that is the cause of muscle pain after the collection of complaints and anamnesis of the patient. Symptoms of myalgia and treatment with medications( more precisely, the effect of them), which the patient used, can formulate a clinical diagnosis. As additional procedures are shown 2 groups of studies:
- general and biochemical blood tests - to determine signs of inflammation( including autoimmune), ion level measurements;
- urine test - to confirm the presence of inflammation or electrolyte loss;
- electromyography is an optional procedure that is prescribed to determine structural changes in the muscle or a violation of its innervation;
- contrast CTG of vessels - "gold standard" in the diagnosis of arterial insufficiency of the limb;
- MRI( only in the presence of difficulties in diagnosis) - the best method of visualization of soft tissues, but very expensive.
After identifying with the diagnosis, the doctor chooses a treatment tactic that is quite specific for each pathology.
Myalgia. Treatment of myalgia, symptoms and causes of myalgia
Myalgia ( Latin myalgia) is a pain in muscles of various localization and origin.With the diagnosis of myalgia, the treatment with the methods of integral medicine is aimed at eliminating the problem that has caused muscle pain - the inflammatory process, muscle spasms, circulatory disorders and muscle ischemia, metabolic disorders in the body.
Myalgia. Treatment ofWith , the diagnosis of myalgia treatment includes acupressure, or acupressure. This therapeutic procedure of integral medicine quickly and effectively eliminates hypertonic and muscle spasms, stagnant phenomena in muscle tissues, powerfully improves blood circulation and bodily fluids, blood supply and oxygen supply to muscle tissues, cleans muscle tissue from toxins and toxins, improves metabolic processes in muscle tissues. Along with acupressure, the treatment of myalgia can include lymph drainage massage, relaxation and other types of massage, acupuncture and other procedures as part of an individual treatment course. With the diagnosis of myalgia, treatment with integrated medicine methods can also include physiotherapy and therapeutic procedures( massage, acupuncture, etc.) to restore the balance of the nervous system and eliminate the effects of stress and psychological overload, improve sleep, normalize the psychoemotional state. First of all, it is worn to cases of fibromyalgia, the main cause of which is the imbalance of the nervous system. In the event that the pain in the muscles is accompanied by an inflammatory process( myositis) in the diagnosis of myalgia, treatment may include phytopreparations of anti-inflammatory action.
Myalgia. Symptoms ofWhen diagnosed with myalgia, the symptoms are characterized by aching, pressing and dull pain in the muscles. Other symptoms of mydgia - muscle weakness, pain in mice with palpation( pressure), headaches, nausea, stiffness of the body. The localization of pain in muscles with myalgia depends on the presence or absence of the inflammatory process( myositis), as well as the cause and nature of the disease. So, in the case of fibromyalgia, the pain is felt throughout the body symmetrically from head to toe( neck, neck, shoulder joints, waist, knee joints), and with cervical myositis, myalgia has the character of blunt pain in the neck and occiput. Most often, muscle pains are felt in the lower back, cervical-collar zone, in the region of the shoulder joints, as well as in the muscles of the leg and thorax. When is diagnosed with myalgia, the symptoms of ( muscle pains) can increase with nervous stress, psychological and emotional overload, fatigue, exposure to dampness and cold, and physical exertion.
Myalgia. Causes ofThe main reason that arises in muscle pains is , or myalgia is the spasm of muscle tissue. Muscle spasms cause compression( compression) of nerve endings, which causes pain. Often, myalgia occurs against a background of chronic fatigue. Chronic fatigue leads to accumulation in the muscle tissues of non-oxidized metabolic products and lactic acid, which causes chronic pain in the muscles. Often pain in the muscles( myalgia) is accompanied by neurologic symptoms, which indicate an imbalance of the nervous system. In particular, myalgia can accompany sleep disturbances, as well as occur against the background of emotional stress. Nervous stresses and emotional overloads not only cause muscle spasms and, as a result of muscle pain( myalgia), but also contribute to the disturbance of metabolic processes in the body. In addition, muscle pains( myalgia) can be a symptom of a systemic disease, such as rheumatism, as well as accompanying infectious diseases( flu, ARVI).
Pain in the muscles. Individual approach to the treatment of myalgiasAs a rule, myalgia is accompanied by multiple disorders in the body, primarily from the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system. This determines the integrated approach used in integral medicine for the treatment of myalgia. In the treatment of myalgia, one should take into account the fact that muscle spasms are not only the most common cause for muscle pain( myalgia), but also cause excessive stress on the spine. This excess load leads to wear of the intervertebral discs, their flattening, and in time, and prolapse( prolapse, protrusion, hernia).Simultaneously, muscle spasms cause constriction of blood vessels, disrupt the blood supply of nerve tissues and intervertebral disc tissues, which leads to disruption of metabolic processes and dystrophic changes in the discs-osteochondrosis of the spine. That is why, if there are chronic pain in the back muscles (myalgia), it is necessary to eliminate muscle spasms as soon as possible with the help of an effective course of integral medicine massage. This will not only get rid of muscle aches, improve the quality of life and restore working capacity, but also avoid the development of a serious disease - osteochondrosis of the spine and its complications( protrusions, radiculitis, herniated intervertebral discs).
Fibromyalgia. Treatment and symptomsA separate case of myalgia is fibromyalgia( Latin - fibromyalgia) - symmetrical diffuse musculoskeletal pain throughout the body. The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are the common pain( or burning sensation) felt from head to toe and the morning stiffness of the body. Other symptoms of fibromyalgia are muscle cramps, headaches( migraine) and facial pains, digestive disorders, pain and swelling in the abdomen, intolerance to bright light, increased sensitivity to loud sounds, sharp smells, restless legs syndrome, impaired coordination and balance, drynessskin. Fibromyalgia is characterized by severe signs of imbalance in the nervous system, such as sleep disorders, high fatigue, depression, and meteorology. From the point of view of integrated medicine, is the main reason for the emergence of fibromyalgia - a deterioration in sleep quality, usually against a backdrop of chronic fatigue, nervous stress, psychological and emotional overload. With the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, treatment with integrated medicine includes phytopreparations and effects on the bioactive points of the nervous system and reflex zones of the body with acupressure, osteopathy and other procedures. Treatment of fibromyalgia with acupressure also includes point massage of trigger points( painful points on the body) and other types of massage. The effectiveness of massage in the treatment of fibromyalgia significantly increases against the background of acupuncture. Complex treatment of fibromyalgia with the methods of integral medicine allows improving sleep, increasing stress resistance, eliminating the effects of psychological and emotional overloads and nervous stress, and defeating depression. At the same time, with the help of various massage techniques used to treat fibromyalgia, in combination with acupuncture, muscle spasms are removed, hypertension of muscles is eliminated, nutrition of muscle tissues is improved. As a consequence, not only pain in the muscles and the whole body( fibromyalgia) disappear, but also the psychoemotional state improves, physical and mental efficiency improves, sleep improves, mood improves. The complex technique of the Clinic of Integral Medicine allows successfully treating various types of muscle pain ( myalgia).
- you will get rid of muscle aches, muscle spasms;
- the motor activity and mobility of the body will improve;
- the inflammatory processes in muscle tissues will disappear;
- hypertension( tension) of muscles will be eliminated.
In addition to the main effect, complex treatment of mydgia by our method will allow you to improve your whole body:
- the body will be cleared of toxins and toxins;
- will work;
- the state of the nervous system will improve.
We will develop an individual treatment program for you, based on your case of disease and the characteristics of your body. This will increase the therapeutic effect by 3-5 times.
The basis of complex treatment sessions is complex sessions by methods of physio-and reflexotherapy: acupuncture, acupuncture, manual therapy, hirudotherapy. The specialists of the International Clinic of Integrated Medicine for the first time managed to unite them together in the best way. This is the secret of the breakthrough in the effectiveness of treatment, as a result of which:
- inflammatory processes in muscle tissues are eliminated;
- improves the blood supply of muscle tissue and the work of the lymphatic system;
- muscles are deeply relaxed, muscle pains disappear.
To write to a consultation with an
specialist, call:( 495) 789-41-53.
We are ready to answer your questions from 9:00 to 21:00, without days off. Call us!