Longitudinal flat feet.
The relevance of the problem of flat feet in humans is great in connection with the prevalence of the disease. When flat feet suffer the whole body, and first of all the joints of the lower extremities, the spine and the brain. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to the prevention and treatment of flatfoot.
Physiotherapy, foot, shin and back massage, as well as orthopedic insoles and orthopedic shoes are the obligatory methods of flatfoot treatment. Plate foot is a deformation of the foot with a decrease in the depth of its arches, which considerably reduces the damping of the organism during walking, running, jumping, standing.
Flattening is longitudinal, transverse and mixed. Let's see what their differences are.
Compaction of the transverse arch of the foot. The foot looks broad, there are visible gaps between the toes, which normally should not be. In this case, the veins and nerve endings of the feet suffer, since they are squeezed when walking or standing. The veins on the feet may be dilated, which is associated with a violation of venous outflow due to compression of the veins from the sole side by a flat foot. Excess weight, heavy weights and standing work create an additional negative impact on the feet.
Exercises for transverse flatfoot : apply all possible movements of the foot except for the dilution of the fingers( withdrawal from the midline passing through the third finger).
Degrees of longitudinal flat feet.
Longitudinal flat feet.
Compaction of the longitudinal arch of the foot: the foot is narrow, the walking is predominantly on the inside of the feet, the shoes are "slipped" inwards, the heels wear out from the inside of the feet. Exercises for longitudinal flatfoot : apply all possible moves with stops except for pronation of feet( you can not put a foot on the inner arch).
Mixed flat feet.
Combination of transverse and longitudinal flat feet.
Pay attention to these stops, like cakes!
The spring function is lost. The organism, protecting the brain from shaking during walking, running and jumping, compensates for the kyphosis of the thoracic spine. The deep bend in the thoracic region, and then the lordosis of the lumbar spine, compensate for the effect of the spring to increase the cumulative damping of the brain. There stoop, and then kyphosis scoliosis. This is one of the complications of flat feet.
There are complaints of pain and fatigue in the feet and in the lower legs, in the lower back, headache, general fatigue. Soreness when pressing on the middle of the sole. Mudiness of the skin of the soles above the heads of metatarsal bones. There is deformation of the fingers. Cramps in the legs at night. Working capacity is reduced.
In the , the complex of exercises for flat-footed in a mixed type does not include exercises with the dilution of the fingers to the sides and the setting of the feet on the inner arch.
Causes of flatfoot.
- Weakness of the musculoskeletal apparatus of the feet, hypodynamia.
- Long-term static loads( work as a cook, seller, hairdresser, etc.)
- Overweight, obesity, work as a loader.
- Wearing flat flat shoes without heel( longitudinal flat feet).Or, on the contrary, wearing shoes with too high a heel( transverse platypodia, valgus deformation of the feet - "bones")
- Injuries and fractures of the foot bones.
- Some nervous diseases.
Foot massage with flat feet.
The reason for contacting an orthopedic doctor is the inside-worn shoes, maybe fast fatigue when walking, pain and fatigue in the legs, back, headache.
For physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot you will need a rug, chair, foot massagers( simple, without automatic vibration), smooth stones of medium size, a wooden block with a height of 10-15 cm. It is advisable to have a Swedish wall.
Doctor Bubnovsky talks about problems with his legs: massage, stretching, exercises, hardening.
A set of exercises for longitudinal-transverse flat feet.| |Therapeutic exercise
Self-massage of feet and shins.
I recommend using the cream "Malavtilin".
Warm up your hands, rubbing your palms against each other. Massage is performed along the course of venous blood flow from the limb( from the foot to the knee joint).
First, massage the posterior surface of the shin.
( stroking, grinding, kneading).
And the front massage is the lateral( lateral) surface of the shin.
( stroking, grinding, kneading).
Complex of therapeutic exercises for children and adults from flat feet
Flat-footed( longitudinal and transverse) is a very common disease. It must necessarily be eliminated, since changes occurring in the foot can damage the entire locomotor apparatus. Exercises with flat feet in children and adults will help to correct the situation and avoid the sad consequences.
Why this is necessary?
Gymnastics with flat feet in children and adults is an important aspect of the treatment of this disease, without which the elimination of the problem will be impossible. We list the main changes and improvements that will allow charging:
- Circulation in the feet is improved, so that muscles, ligaments and tendons are supplied with oxygen and nutrients.
- Exchange processes are accelerating, which means that tissue regeneration will be faster and more efficient, which is important.
- Improves lymphatic drainage of the lower extremities( and in fact stagnation of lymph can be dangerous).
- It has a favorable effect on the joints. Due to intensive movements, articular fluid is formed, which ensures normal work and removal of inflammation.
- Muscles are trained and gradually strengthened. Hypertonus is eliminated in this case.
- The ligamentous apparatus of the foot is also strengthened, which is very important for this disease.
- The arch of the foot is strengthened, which prevents further deformations and changes.
- The foot should return to its normal position, which will also be fixed during the training.
- If there are pains, exercise therapy with flatfoot will help to eliminate them( subject to regular implementation).
How to practice?
Gymnastics will be effective at flat feet and 1, and 2, and 3 degrees. Usually it includes several groups of exercises: load on the feet and resistance( for example, pinching objects, rolling them, etc.), special walking on different parts of the foot, movement of the feet, and so on. To enhance the effect, various devices and rugs with various ribbed and uneven surfaces are often used. Running with flat feet is allowed, but not long and not too intense( after consulting a doctor).
We offer several examples of exercises:
- Sit on a chair and rest your feet on the floor. Now, with one foot, try to grab the other, and then move up the calf to the thigh, and then back down. Do the same with the other foot. Do 15 repetitions for each foot.
- Stand up straight, connecting your feet together. Now imagine that you are going, without taking your socks off the props. It turns out that one heel is raised. If this exercise seems difficult to you, or you recently started treatment, then do it sitting on a chair. Walk this way 1-2 minutes.
- Now get up and try to walk on the spot without taking the heels off the floor. Only socks will work. Continue for one minute.
- Sit on a chair, rest your feet on the floor. Do the movements of the "caterpillar" type. First, bend your fingers, then tighten your heels to them, then straighten your fingers and bend again, pulling up your heels again. In this case, the legs must move forward. Perform the exercise for one to two minutes first with one foot, then the second, and then simultaneously with two.
- Sit on a chair, resting your feet on the floor. Take a special gymnastic stick, put her feet on it and begin to roll this stick first forward, then back. Exercise is necessary for 3 minutes.
- Stand up straight, joining your legs together. Rise to the socks, then return to the starting position. Make a minimum of 20-30 repetitions.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. But you need to get up on your heels. Repeat 30 times.
- Put a towel on the floor, sit opposite it( on the floor), bend your legs, resting on your hands. Socks should touch the edge of the towel. Bend your fingers and try to pull the towel to yourself.
- Take a sheet of paper and a pencil. With fingers of one leg, squeeze a pencil and start drawing, holding the paper with the fingers of the other leg. Then change the limbs. Do the exercise for a few minutes.
- Sit on the rug, bend your knees, slightly diluting them to the sides. Connect the feet together. Unbend your legs, trying to hold together both heels and fingers. Return to the original home position. Repeat 15-30 times.
- Stand upright, legs spread apart shoulder width. Try to place the feet on one line, first connecting the heels together, and then the socks.
- Sit on a chair, lay on the floor in front of you any small objects. Try to grab things with your toes, spread them into different heaps. Then you can move objects from one pile to another.
- Rotate your feet first one way, then the other. Continue with 1-2 minutes.
Recommendations for the implementation of
For the treatment of flat feet in children with the help of exercises was effective and gave results, in the execution it is necessary to observe some rules and recommendations:
- You need to spend at least 15-20 minutes per day, otherwise there will be no effect.
- Before starting this therapy, it is necessary to consult with a doctor, since the exercise therapy complex should be selected individually. Orthopedist will first inspect and assess the situation, and then pick up the exercises.
- To conduct training better in a well-ventilated room, so that breathing is correct, and all tissues are saturated with oxygen. But it should not be cold in the room.
- It's best to practice the morning, not the day or evening. At this time, the muscles are not tired yet. In addition, ligaments and joints with the help of charging can be stretched before the forthcoming labor and active day.
- It is necessary to wear comfortable and free clothes that do not hinder movements.
- It is best to practice barefoot to feel all the movements and do everything right.
- Charge from flat feet should be performed regularly, that is, every day.
- Loads should be increased gradually. So, in the initial stages of implementation, it is best to make an emphasis on exercises performed in the position of lying or sitting, and not standing up. This will gradually prepare and strengthen the arch of the foot.
- It is best to alternate such exercises with restorative so that all muscles are involved in the work.
- In case of pain, it is better to change the exercises.
And remember that the best treatment is flatfoot prevention and its prevention.
at flat feet - correct exercises for adults and children, massage with flat feet
Pathology, when the longitudinal or transverse arch of the foot falls, it flattenes, more than 50% of the adult population suffers. Such a violation of the anatomically correct structure of the foot is called a flatfoot.
When assigning a treatment complex, one should take into account how much the deformation of the foot has gone. In later stages of the disease, surgical intervention may be necessary.
At the initial stages, in addition to the use of orthopedic insoles and liners, competently chosen exercises, aimed at strengthening the ligamentous apparatus and the muscles of the foot, are indispensable. LFK, i.e., therapeutic physical culture, makes the likelihood of healing extremely high. But this requires that the lessons are regular and systematic, otherwise there will be no effect.
Exercise for flatfoot in adults
All exercises should be performed by taking off. The results will be visible after six months of regular sessions, the progression of flattening will stop. LFK is recommended for all degrees of flatfoot.
Movements that are performed standing:
- The lifts on the toes and then on the heels first from the position of the heel together the socks apart, and then vice versa.
- Transfer of body weight to the outer arches of the foot and return to the initial position.
- Low thrusts alternately on both legs. Keep your back straight. Perform up to 10 repetitions.
The movements that are performed sitting on the edge of the chair with the feet parallel:
- Simultaneous lifting of the fingers of one and the heel of the second leg.
- Tearing socks off the floor on each leg in turn and on both together.
- Tearing off the heels off the floor on each leg in turn and on both together.
- Having put a foot on the foot, do rotational movements of the foot.
- The image is the foot of the movement of the caterpillar, i.e., bending the fingers and then pulling the heels to them.
- Collecting fingers from the floor of scattered small objects.
- Rises of straightened legs together or alternately to the maximum height with pulling socks or heels.
Movements that should be done lying on the back:
- Simultaneous or alternate pulling of the toes.
- The heels of the heels simultaneously or in turn do not tear off the toes of the feet from the floor surface.
- Bend your legs, spreading your hips in different directions. Stops to connect with each other and without tearing off your fingers to pat your heels.
- Grabbing a ball with a soles of a weight of about a kilogram, lift it above the floor and lower it.
- Make the soles of the soles moving on the shin of the second leg.
Exercises with a stick:
- Rolling a stick with each foot and both together on the floor. You can do the exercise standing or sitting for 10 minutes.
- With transverse flatfoot, walking helps across the stick. Stand on it in the middle of the foot and step sideways from one side of the stick to the other.
- With longitudinal flat feet, walking along the sticks helps. Stand up so that the stick was located along the foot, and go along it in front of the socks, and then back to back in advance.
- It is also necessary to include in the complex the steps on the outer arches of the feet, on the toes, along the ribbed surface, along the slope, the uneven surface.
- It is useful to do "goose step", moving in squat and dragging feet.
LFK with flat feet in children
There are diseases that are easier to prevent than cure, and flat foot refers to them. The emergence of this pathology in a child is most often due to the fact that its bones have not grown stronger, and the muscles and ligaments are still weak .Therefore, the treatment is aimed specifically at strengthening the ligamentous and muscular apparatus. If the child has prerequisites for flatfoot or there is an initial stage of the disease, it is worth paying attention to the following exercises:
- With both soles grasp the ball and lift above the floor.
- Perform rides from heels to socks and back.
- Make compressing movements with your feet, holding the ball between them.
- Sitting with his heels pressed to the floor, drag his fingers to him with a spread cloth with a small object lying on it.
- Sitting on the floor to bend your legs, spread the knees and hips to the sides, and put the feet together. Then straighten your legs as long as you can keep your feet open.
- Sitting to draw in the air stops of the straight legs of the circle in both directions.
- Sitting on the floor with the fingers of one foot, pat the lower leg from the toe to the knee. Carry out a few strokes with each foot.
- Taking a pen or pencil in your toes, draw different shapes or letters on a piece of paper. Walking on pebbles.
- Stepping on the heels, socks and the outside of the foot.
Massage with flat feet
A wonderful healing effect is provided by massage. It increases muscle tone and normalizes blood circulation, reduces pain and fatigue in the feet.
It is necessary to massage not only the foot, but also to perform foot massage entirely. Massaging can be done both before and after the gym. Easy self-massage can be done at home on your own.
The basic position for self-massage - the bent leg rests against the edge of the chair.
- With one hand, it is necessary to lift the ring finger, and the second to pull down the little finger. Then change the other way around. Make this movement several times. Stretch all the fingers in this way.
- With one hand, hold the heel, and the second to bend and unbend all the toes at the same time. Make several times.
- Rub the legs from the fingers to the ankle for 20 seconds.
- About a minute, actively massage the bases of the toes on the sole, and then half a minute to knead the heel.
- Stroke the foot from the fingers to the heel on both sides with both hands for 30 seconds.
- Grabbing an ankle with your hands to make strong strokes to the knee. Then, in the same way, carry out several kneading movements and again perform strokes.
- Do similar to the previous movements, but from the knee to the groin.
- At the end of the massage you need to stroke the entire leg from the foot to the groin.
- Repeat massage movements for the second leg.
When faced with a diagnosis of flat feet, do not let the disease run its course. Regular exercises of exercise therapy and massage will help on the way to health. The complex of exercises should be selected individually on the recommendation of the orthopedist.
Longitudinal and transverse flatfoot - treatment proskostopiya, prevention, massage, exercise therapy exercise therapy with flatfoot
Continuing the conversation about flatfoot, today we will consider in more detail the transverse flatfoot, as well as methods of treatment and prevention of both transverse and longitudinal flatfoot.
The most unpleasant truth about this disease is that it is almost not treated. The later you start to heal flat feet, the less you will have a chance to get rid of it. Therefore, prevention is the main way to prevent this formidable disease.
Completely get rid of flat feet for adults is impossible, but when it is discovered in childhood, there is still a chance.
In the case of transverse flatfoot, the bones of the foot that are located in the area of the toe position diverge. In this case, the inner part of the big toe is deflected outward and a painful lump is formed. Significant changes occur with the middle finger, it curves to the bottom and looks like a hammer or a hook in appearance.
The transverse flatfoot is subdivided into 3 degrees, which are determined depending on the angle of deviation of the thumb from its normal position when it is directed forward.
- Flattening of the first degree. The thumb is diverted by an angle of not more than 20 degrees. As the bones of the foot "part", when walking in the shoes, the fingers change their normal position and begin to rub themselves more intensely with shoes, they appear uncomfortable thickening of the skin, which is called natoptyshi. In the case of prolonged stress on the legs, walking or standing, at the first degree of transverse flatfoot, the legs begin to get tired more quickly. In addition to these symptoms, the thumb of the thumb begins to bulge sideways, which acquires the soreness
- Platypodia of the second degree. The corncobs continue to grow and increase in size. The arch of the foot in the area of the fingers almost disappears, and the thumb curved inwards by an angle that can be up to 35 degrees. Since the leg is already hard to put on the shoes in the width, the shoes begin to press on the foot from the sides and on the bulging thumb of the thumb starts to form a considerable size of the foot. At this degree of transverse flatfoot there are already considerable pains with prolonged load on the legs.
- Flattened third degree. The big toe has a very significant bend inside the foot( from 35 degrees and above), the foot around the fingers is completely flattened, the other fingers look like a hook bent to the bottom. It is very difficult to walk, painful sensations are noted at any load.
The degrees of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, described in this and the previous article, can be only their combination. In that case, as they say, "it's all very sad."
Having studied the transverse flatfoot a little, it's time to move on to the most important issue of this article, "How to treat flatfoot?"
Fertility prevention and treatment of flatfoot
Plane-foot surgery is divided into 2 main types
The main goals of treatment with flatfoot are aimed primarily at strengthening the muscles and ligaments, because their weakening is the main cause of flatfoot. Since it is impossible to completely heal, especially adults, it is necessary to somehow secure the body, in particular the spine from traumatic influences and prevent, or at least significantly slow the development of this disease.
If possible, conservative flat foot therapy is used, including curative gymnastics, the use of special orthopedic insoles and shoes, massage and other methods. Apply it in cases when the disease is not very neglected and has not reached grade 3.
The third degree of flatfoot, unfortunately, almost does not give in to conservative treatment, and patients are forced to resort to surgical intervention, in which ligaments are cut, the curvature of the thumb is removed and the vaults of the foot are corrected.
About how the platypodia is surgically treated, I will not be widely spread, in practice, at home, surgical methods of treating this disease are not possible. I will dwell on the methods of conservative treatment and prevention with which I am not familiar by hearsay and which are accessible to everyone and allow either to slow down or completely stop the development of flat feet.
The main components of conservative treatment and prevention of flatfoot
- Physiotherapy( ASF)
- The use of insteps and orthopedic insoles
The main goal of all measures of conservative treatment is, first of all, preventing the development of the disease and relieving the soreness caused by foot deformation.
Physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot
The goal of exercise therapy with flatfoot is to strengthen weakened ligaments and muscles, to consolidate the results achieved in treatment( including surgical) and thereby prevent the development of the disease. Therapeutic exercise should be practiced every day for at least 10-15 minutes, but it will be better if you do this several times a day. Just want to warn you that exercise therapy is effective only in longitudinal flatfoot, with the transverse influence of it minimally due to the fact that the muscles of the shins, which in this case are trained, have practically no effect on the transverse arch of the foot.
Below I present a small complex exercise exercise therapy with flat feet. Study it, and again, do it daily.
Exercises of exercise therapy with flatfoot
The first 2 exercises are performed while sitting on the floor:
- Tightly connect the straightened legs, so that the heels and knees touch each other. Maximize the leg of your left leg and try to wind the front of your right foot under the soleplate of your right foot. Repeat the exercise by changing your legs.
- The starting position too. Bend the right foot and stroke the lower leg of the left foot with the sole of the right foot, placing emphasis on the inner surface of the foot.
For the next 5 exercises, it is necessary to sit on a chair or sofa
- For a minute, slowly bend the toes of the feet
- For the next exercise, you need a ball. Grab it with the inner surfaces of the feet and lift it up. Repeat several times.
- Take any small object: pen, pencil, finger battery. Grab it with your toes and lift it up. Repeat several times, then change your legs.
- Replace the small object with something soft, such as a sponge and repeat the previous exercise
- Spread the towel on the floor and try to crush it, and then spread it with your toes
Exercises in standing position
- Stand straight, put the feet in parallel and go up on your toes. From this position, smoothly go to the outside of the feet and again take the initial position on the toes of the
- Walk around the room on the outside of the foot, bending the fingers of the
- Walk around the room on tiptoe