Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( coxarthrosis)
Coxarthrosis, or arthrosis of the hip joints is a serious disease that can not be managed with medication alone. In order to keep this disease under control, it is necessary to regularly engage in special therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).
Quick navigation for article:
Who can and can not do exercise therapy
Useful advices before you start to practice
Video of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Tips on how to correctly and how to misbehave the exercises
Who can,and who should not exercise LFK
You can perform exercises from different complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK), if:
- is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestation is minimals;
Performing such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
- disease is in an aggravation stage;
- , you recently suffered some heavy surgery;
- you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;
- you have a fever( above 37.5);
- in the presence of a hernia;
- during menstruation;
- for severe cardiac and pulmonary disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful advice before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education.
exercises with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and leg muscles receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Ready? Then go to the exercises!
The list of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Exercise number 1-a
For its implementation, you need to lie down on the floor with your stomach down, hands should be stretched along the trunk. This is how the initial position looks. Now slowly, very smoothly lift your left leg, not bending it in the knee, to a height of 15 cm from the floor, and harden in this position for thirty to forty seconds. At the end of this time, just as slowly as at the beginning of the exercise, lower your foot to the floor. Give yourself a few seconds of rest, and then repeat the same exercise, but with the right foot.
Ensure that the leg is raised only by the gluteal and hip muscles. The pelvis should fit snugly to the floor. This exercise should be performed 1 time( for each leg)
The same exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Similarly, very slowly lift, without bending in the knee, the left leg to the same height, and then hover at the highest point for one or two seconds, and then just lower it slowly.
After this, take a short break in one or two seconds, completely relax your leg muscles, and then repeat this exercise. In total it is necessary to make 10-12 such slow, accurate movements, and then repeat the exercise already with the right foot.
Please note that both legs should receive the same muscular load: they must rise to the same height and hold the same amount of time.
The starting position - lying on the floor on the abdomen, arms stretched along the body down. Bend the left leg in the knee at an angle of 90 degrees;the right leg is straightened and lies on the floor.
After this, very slowly lift the bent leg from the floor to a height of 10-15 centimeters and hold it on the weight for the same 30-40 seconds. Then, too, very slowly and smoothly lower the leg, straighten it in the knee and completely relax the muscles of the legs. After a very short rest and complete relaxation of the muscles, repeat this exercise for the right leg.
Take a very short break, and then perform this therapeutic exercise, not in a static, but in a dynamic form. To do this, bend the left leg in the knee and then lift it 10 cm above the floor, and at the top point, stop for 1-2 seconds, then just slowly and slowly lower your leg and straighten it in the knee.
This movement must be repeated ten to twelve times, then go to the right leg and make it the same uplifts. Do not forget between each movement to do a 1-2-second break with complete relaxation of the muscles of the legs.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is usually possible only for physically well-trained patients. If you feel that it is too hard for you, you are more than 40 years old and you tend to increase blood pressure, then do not heroic - skip the exercise and go on to the next.
The starting position is on the floor lying on the stomach, arms stretched along the trunk.
Without bending the legs in the knees, slowly raise both feet at a height of 10-15 cm above the floor, and then slowly spread the legs apart, and then bring them back again. Without lowering your legs to the floor, repeat this cycle from the dilutions and information of the legs 8-10 times, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor and completely relax your muscles.
This exercise is also performed lying on the floor, but the starting position changes. Lay down on the left side and bend the left leg in the knee. The right leg, which is on top, should be straightened.
It is necessary to raise the right leg, and, without bending it in the knee, raise it upwards, making sure that the angle between the horizontal plane( floor) and the foot is 45 degrees. Gradually raise your foot to this level, fix it for thirty seconds, then slowly and accurately lower your leg and completely relax your leg muscles.
Take a very short break, turn over to the other side and perform a similar exercise with your left foot.
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise.
From this position, lift your right foot very smoothly to an angle of 30 to 40 degrees, without bending your leg in the knee. After this, slowly unfold the foot and the leg as a whole outward. Then unfold both the leg and the foot inside. To perform the exercise, you need to do 10-15 cycles of such rotations inward and outward, after which you lower your leg and completely relax your muscles.
After a short break, turn over to the other side and repeat the exercise with your left foot. Make sure that during the movement, the rotation occurs "from the hip", not just the foot.
The starting position changes again: lie on the floor on your back, then bend your knees and spread them so that the sweep approximates the width of your shoulders. After that, you need to do the following: leaning on the shoulders, try to slowly raise the pelvis as high as you can, and fix it at this level for 30 - 40 seconds.
Then slowly, slowly go back to the starting position and completely relax the muscles of the legs.
After a short break, you need to do the same exercise, but in a dynamic manner. To do this, take the original position and lift the pelvis in the same way, but hang up at the top for 1-2 seconds, and then lower it down, but not until the end, but about 15 cm.
After that, again try to raise the pelvis as high as possible,point, and so on, until 12 to 15 such movements are done. Then, just as smoothly lower the pelvis on the floor and completely relax the muscles.
The starting position is new: sitting on the floor, legs are straightened. Lean forward so that the knees remain straightened, and try to wrap your hands around your feet and toes.
Then pull your body forward, as far as it turns out, and try to freeze in this position for two or three minutes, while relaxing your muscles as much as possible.
What if your ligament condition or natural flexibility does not allow you to reach your feet and fix it at the right time in this way? To do this, you need to use improvised materials: make, for example, a loop from the belt and put it on your feet so that one edge of the strap rests against them, and the other is in your hands. With the help of such a device, pulling the trunk forward will be much easier.
The main goal of this exercise is to be able to stretch the ligaments and muscles of the hip for a long time, several months, in such a way that the angle of the torso to the legs increases approximately by two times.
This exercise should be performed only once a day. Make sure that when performing it, your head does not fall: it should be like a continuation of the trunk.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly and smoothly lift the left leg, unbending it in the knee. After that continue to raise it, using the already hip joint. Raise your foot to the level you can, and then fix it at this level for 30 - 60 seconds.
Then smoothly and slowly lower the leg first in the thigh, and then in the knee, after which completely relax the muscles. After a short break, repeat this movement with your right foot.
Note: this exercise can only be done for patients with the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint. At the second, and the more so the third degree you risk damaging the joint!
The starting position for the exercise is as follows: sit on the floor, leaning back against the wall, the back should be straight. Legs should be straightened and maximally moved apart.
To perform the exercise, start bending the aching leg in the knee joint, trying not to bring it close to the healthy leg, until you place the foot of the sick leg on the floor. Then very gently begin to press both hands on the knee of the sick leg, very soft and smooth, wiggling movements, try to tilt your leg inside, to maximum tension, but not pain!
This exercise can also be performed only in the initial stage of coxarthrosis!
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Legs are straightened and maximally divorced. Carefully and slowly bend the aching leg in the knee joint, then grab her foot with your hands and begin to pull it very slowly towards yourself - until you feel maximum tension, but not pain!
When you reach the maximum approach, lock in this position and stay in it for one to two minutes, while trying to relax as much as possible. After this, very slowly return to the starting position and relax the muscles of the legs.
If the flexibility of your ligaments and muscles at the moment does not allow you to reach out to the foot of a sore leg, use a towel or strap as an accessory for the same purpose.
It is necessary to perform once a day.
This is the last exercise, and after completing the complex of therapeutic exercises it is very important to self-massage the thigh. This self-massage must be done sitting, and massage only the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh, but not the back.
Place the palms on the thigh just above the knee, press them firmly against the foot and begin to perform vigorous rubbing of the leg, as you proceed slowly moving up from the bottom. This massage should be done for about three minutes until a feeling of stable heat, but making sure that it does not go into pain or burning sensations.
After this, within 1 minute, complete the final part of the massage, conducting a gentle and smooth stroking of the hip skin from the bottom up. In order to maintain heat after such a massage, it is useful to use warming ointments, creams and gels - for example, Espoo ointment, special massage cream "Ballet" or, for example, "Nikofleks" ointment.
In this video, you can see a series of useful exercises of another medical complex:
And in conclusion - a few more tips:
1. Pay close attention to exercises that give excessive strain on the muscles of the thighs and hands: this is not useful for the joints, andmost likely from such exercise it is necessary to refuse. In addition, when performing exercises, you should not experience severe, severe pain. If this happens, it means that this exercise is also not suitable for you.
2. It is important that in between exercises, even if they last only a few seconds, you have time to completely relax the muscles of the body. It is best to just lie down for this.
3. Try to finish each cycle of exercises at least small, for 3-5 minutes, by foot massage. It is useful in this case to use various heating gels and ointments. We already wrote about some of them: this is the gel of Horsepower( Horse Force), Zoo-VIP-gel, as well as Valentin Dikul's balm for joints.
Effective therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Joint destruction occurs due to the depletion of cartilaginous tissue in it and the traumatic friction of bones
In the mornings, I do not always want to get up. But if this reluctance is associated with lethargy and stiffness of the joints, if you need some time to feel the confidence in the hands and feet, you need to call the doctor. Coxarthrosis is a scourge of our time, it belongs to the palm tree among diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In most cases, this disease affects people who have crossed the 40-year mark. And in women, this disease develops much more often.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be one-sided and two-sided. And with the bilateral form of the joints are affected not simultaneously, but one after another. The insidiousness of coxarthrosis is that at the initial stage, when the disease can be easily cured, it manifests itself as a minor symptom. In the morning, only stiffness manifests, walking can cause pelvic or knee joints, but it quickly passes. And only then there is a characteristic crunch in the bones. Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can successfully combat this disease.
Symptoms and causes of the development of the disease
The disease develops in 3 stages. At 1 degree of coxarthrosis the articular space narrows, small changes begin in the bones. The mobility and performance of a person during the day is not affected.
As practice shows, coxarthrosis of the hip joint, spine or knee is most often diagnosed at the 2 stages of the disease development. Due to active internal changes, pain intensifies and from episodic to frequent( especially at night).He walks more hard, he begins to spare his aching leg, takes a cane in his hands. In the muscles of the leg, deprived of the usual load, blood supply worsens, dystrophy develops and, as a result, a person has lameness. All this is due to the rapidly progressing lesion of the interarticular tissue. The cartilaginous tissue is thinned, and the inflammation of the periosteum begins.
The difference between a patient and a healthy hip joint is the depletion of the cartilaginous "cushion"
In coxarthrosis of grade 3, the radiograph shows significant bone growth around the head of the large femur and the top of the acetabulum, and the extension of the cervix is also seen. The joint gap is almost absent. The posture and gait of the patient change. The walking stick becomes not an auxiliary, but an obligatory means for movement. The pain does not stop day nor night, only their intensity changes. The fourth degree - the most severe form of coxarthrosis - is characterized by complete immobility of the joints.
It is impossible to say unambiguously what influences the appearance of this disease. There are a number of reasons for the development of the disease. Any of them or a combination of several factors are capable of provoking the appearance of the disease.
Coxarthrosis in childhood can appear as a consequence of congenital degenerative changes in the hip joint. Its development in an adult person is facilitated by excess weight, excessive strain on the joints, injuries received earlier, arthritis, osteoporosis, congenital changes in the head of the femur, heredity.
Treatment and prevention of coxarthrosis
As there is no single cause for the appearance of coxarthrosis, so there is no one true way of treatment. At different stages of the disease, different drugs are prescribed, designed to stop pain and cramps, remove inflammation and help preserve or build up cartilage tissue. But, as a rule, some medicamental measures are not enough.
When treating a disease of any stage is a therapeutic gymnastics. Regular and correct execution of it returns the joints mobility, and the muscles - the ability to function normally. The most effective methods are recognized joint exercises of Dr. Pilyuyko, the technique of exercises Dikul and gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky. By the way, the author of adaptive gymnastics SM Bubnovsky wears a hip joint implant.
Before proceeding with medical exercises, you should know that gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is a healing remedy. And he, like anyone else, also has contraindications. Therapeutic gymnastics is designed to develop joints and restore their lost mobility.
When charging, it is important to remember the following rules:
- any physical stress is contraindicated in the period of exacerbations;
- all exercises are performed not dynamically, but softly and smoothly;
- no sharp slopes or deep squats;
- if in the performance of certain exercises there were painful sensations, the affected area needs a soft massage with coxarthrosis.
The complex of exercises of any kind of gymnastics should be selected separately for each patient. It is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient: the degree of the disease, general physical development and well-being.
Physiotherapy exercises according to the method of Bubnovsky
Patient monitoring allowed to create a complex of therapeutic exercises that favorably affect the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the muscles retain their elasticity for a long time. To begin with, you should learn the gymnastics for a beginner. It will help prepare the body for basic exercises and further work.
Adaptive exercises for beginners( performed 20 times each).
- It is necessary to sit on your heels, completely relax and perform breathing exercises. Then, moving his arms around in a circle and breathing in, slowly rises. Exhale to do in the starting position.
- Put your palms on your stomach and through tightly compressed lips to emit the sound of "PF" when you exhale.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head, legs bend at your knees. On exhalation tear the body off the floor, and on inhalation return to the starting position.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head and bend your knees. On exhalation maximally raise the pelvis and move the knees.
- Lying on your back, try to close with your knees and elbows at one point.
- Lie on your right side and rest your right hand on the floor. You need to group, pulling your knees to your chest.
LFK with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, as well as diseases of the knee joints( the first 5 exercises are performed lying on the back).
- Pull out the legs, then slowly bend the leg in the knee, while not lifting it off the floor. Take the initial position and do the exercise with the other leg.
- Raise the upper part of the body above the floor and lower it after a few seconds.
- Bent legs in the knees alternately pull your hands to the body. After holding in this position, return in a few seconds to the starting position.
- Raise the legs alternately above the floor, without bending at the knees, to a height of 20-30 cm.
- Straighten the legs, then lift one of them to a height of 20-30 cm, hold in this position for a few seconds and gently lower it. Do the exercise with the other leg.
- Sit on a chair and lean forward, trying to touch the feet with your hands.
- In stand-up position alternately swing legs. Forward-backward and aside.
- Sitting on the floor, you need to grasp the soles of your hands and lean forward.
Gymnastics in the treatment of intervertebral hernia
- In the position on all fours you need to relax the muscles, take a deep breath and slowly bend your back. After that, slowly make an exhalation, simultaneously bending the back( 20 times).
- Lie on your back, straightening your arms along the body. Deeply inhale, after which, slowly exhaling and leaning on the feet and shoulders, as high as possible to lift the pelvis above the floor. Exhale simultaneously with lowering the pelvis( 20 times).
- Lying on his back, lay his hands behind his head, his elbows pointing upwards. Bend your knees and press your chin to your chest. From this position, you need to try to get your elbows on your knees. At occurrence of easy weariness the exercise should be stopped.
- Stand on all fours and, without bending your elbows, bend forward as much as possible, then return to the starting position( 20-25 times).
The developed techniques are suitable for almost all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Separately designed gymnastics for pregnant women. With properly selected exercises, exercise and mastering the rules of breathing, which everyone can do, you can achieve excellent results.
Exercises for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint
In the diseased joint, the cartilaginous tissue is worn and the spines
appear on the bone. Every tenth person on the planet has arthrosis of the hip joint, as evidenced by the statistics of the World Health Organization. For a number of reasons, the locomotor apparatus begins to suffer from a degenerative-dystrophic pathology in severe form. The disease is characterized by the fact that it is constantly progressing. Therefore, patients are strongly encouraged to perform regular exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint, along with medication.
It is necessary to choose the whole complex of exercises. Such therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest way to get rid of joint disease. But despite the simplicity of these exercises, it is necessary to understand that this is a method of treatment. Therapeutic exercises should be recommended and selected by a doctor and carried out under his supervision. Self-medication leads to the fact that the exercises will be chosen incorrectly or performed incorrectly, as a result, the disease will only worsen.
Tasks of exercise therapy and its features
What are the tasks of exercise therapy? Doctors, choosing methods of treatment for patients suffering from coxarthrosis, tend to reduce pain, strengthen muscles and ligaments, and suspend the destructive process in the articular cartilage. It is important to exercise regularly exercise therapy. If the exercises are performed correctly, it helps to improve the stability of the joint. In addition, they help stretch and relax the muscles, which are responsible for flexion and extension of the thighs.Physiotherapy for arthrosis includes both dynamic dynamic and static exercises aimed at isometric muscle tension without performing body movements. However, the amplitude of the movements performed by the hip joint should be limited.
As soon as pain arises, you need to stop exercising. Studies have shown that even in the presence of serious pathological changes in the hip joint compensatory mechanisms begin to function if the patient has well developed musculature. But in order to develop such mechanisms, regular trainings are required, each of which must last for the required time.
Requirements for performing gymnastics for arthrosis
When performing exercise therapy for the patient who has arthrosis of the hip joint, it should not adversely affect the articular cartilage. Exercises need to be done every day. It is recommended from the very beginning to build classes in the daily routine and treat gymnastics as to brushing your teeth and eating food. Thus, a good habit is developed, the process of treatment and prevention passes unobtrusively, which allows increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint and increasing its mobility.The starting position, which the patient takes before performing the exercises, should not increase the load on the hip joint. During exercises, the load rises only if you perform more exercises and the repetitions of each of them. If the weight of the patient is insufficient to achieve the desired effect in the exercise of exercise therapy, doctors can recommend using additional weighting agents within reasonable limits. These can be rubber bands or cuffs. When doing gymnastics with such weighting it is necessary to monitor the amplitude of each movement, in any case it does not increase and do everything slowly.
During exercise for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint, as with other physical exertion, you need to monitor your breathing. Restore breathing at the end of each exercise. When lifting your hands up, inhale, slowly lowering them, exhale.
Exercises will help fight the disease
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint due to the degree of impact on the pathological area requires participation in the process of qualified specialists. There are physical exercises designed to perform at the initial stage of the disease, and those that are shown in the severe form of the disease. If the disease was diagnosed at an early stage, you can use the following complex of 7 exercises, which will take 15-20 minutes.
The starting position for the first exercise is lying on the back. Then one foot should be bent as much as possible in the knee, and then fully extended. The action is carried out 8-12 times with each leg. You can alternately bend your knees.
After completing the first exercise, proceed to the next. The starting position remains the same. With both hands, grab the right or left leg under the knee, then pull it to the stomach and fix this position for 5-20 seconds. Then the leg returns to its original position and the same is done by the other leg. You need to make 7-10 movements with each foot.
Staying in the same initial position, you need to bend your legs, putting your feet on the floor. Stringing the gluteal muscles, it is necessary to tear off the pelvis from the floor and raise it as high as possible. At the highest point, it takes 3-5 seconds to return to the starting position. Pelvic lifts should be repeated 10-12 times.
Basic complex of exercises for patients with coxarthrosis
Now we turn on the abdomen, bend one leg in the knee at a right angle and raise. Returning the leg to its starting position, we repeat the motion with the second leg. We do 12-15 repetitions with each foot.
The starting position - lying on its side, with the emphasis on the elbow, the other hand rests against the floor. From this position, raise the leg 10-12 times, without bending it in the knee. Having finished the ascents, turn over to the other side and repeat the same actions.
We rise from the floor and sit on a chair, pressing our knees to each other and resting our feet on the floor. Put the stops together, after which, without tearing off socks, begin to spread the heels outward, maximally removing them from each other. Hold in this position for a few seconds, and then reconnect your feet. Do 7-8 reps. Complete the set of exercises by simply laying down for a few minutes on the floor or other hard surface, stretching out your legs.
It is possible to perform this exercise complex at home, for which it is desirable to use a sports mat.
Many leading experts with a world-wide name believe that exercises with Coxarthrosis of the hip joint are an exercise, without which it is impossible to defeat an ailment. It is a complement to medical and other treatments, tested for centuries of use, does not require tangible financial costs and special adaptations.
It is very convenient to perform exercises, having previewed them by video. So you quickly understand the very essence of therapeutic physical education, you can avoid common mistakes, pick up the right tempo.
What is the benefit of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) with Coxarthrosis
? When practicing exercise therapy, you strengthen the periarticular muscles that protect the joint from various injuries and injuries. Since it is unavoidable after the performed exercise in your joint, blood circulation will improve, your cartilage will be times better equipped with nutrients and oxygen, which will accelerate the regeneration processes in it.
With the improvement of blood circulation, metabolic processes will be accelerated, extra liquid and toxic substances will be evacuated more actively. Activation of these processes will lead to a decrease in body weight, which is very useful when it is excess. Moreover, you simultaneously strengthen the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk of tumors, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart attack, cerebral hemorrhage.
Physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint: contra-indications
For beginning the practice of physiotherapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of serious contraindications. Let us list them:
- uterine bleeding, menstruation;
- increase in body temperature above 37.1 g. Celsius;
- serious heart pathology;
- arterial hypertension, especially periods of sudden or significant increase in blood pressure;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- period of early postoperative rehabilitation, including postoperative period after endoprosthetics;
- significant exacerbation of many chronic diseases.
Curative gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint: features of performing exercises
Features of performing gymnastics
Coxarthrosis is a special disease that requires special attention from you when doing gymnastics. Here are the most basic of its features:
- to exercise therapy only after hip massage, which should be repeated after the end of the procedure;
- if the pain in the joint is too strong during the execution of a certain exercise, then it does not suit you;
- movements must be smooth, soft, blurred. Avoid fussiness and haste;
- if the muscle pain has acquired intensity, then perform the complex in a bath with warm water. If possible, do gymnastics in the pool, under the supervision of an experienced instructor;
- there should be a short break between exercises, pause. So you will help your muscle fibers to "assimilate" fiz.load;
- deep amplitude in gymnastics with Coxarthrosis harms your already aching joints. Do not perform zealous turns in the pelvic area, squats before exhaustion, strictly limit the axial load on the hip joint.
Useful tips before beginning treatment with the exercises
After choosing the necessary set of exercises, be sure to read some tips that will help you not to harm your own body.
- Tip # 1
Before starting any type of exercise, consult an expert. Even if the complex was selected correctly, but performed with the wrong intensity or excessive load, you can get the opposite effect.
- Tip # 2
It is necessary to maximally load the periarticular muscles and ligaments, but not the joint itself, because you will accelerate the destruction of the hyaline layer inside the joint structure.
- Tip # 3
Begin your studies during the remission period. During exacerbations, when all the symptoms of the disease are pronounced, it should be delayed with exercise therapy.
- Tip # 4
Practice daily, regularly, for a long period of time. Do not take long breaks. Stock up with willpower, because such constancy is given quite difficult in our dynamic time.
- Tip # 5
Begin with simple exercises, gradually complicating your studies.
A set of exercises for Coxarthrosis performed by laying
Performing the exercises lying on the back
For exercising the exercise therapy in the initial lying position, you need a hard mat or gym mat that is easy to buy at any sports goods store.
Exercises lying on the stomach
Extend straight legs raise as much as 15 ° and freeze for a few seconds, then slowly lowered. If the condition allows, then the weight of the legs can be diluted one-sidedly, and then back to reduce. Hands are parallel to the body. Perform 7-10 times.
- Ex. No. 2
Alternately bend and unbend legs in the knee joint at an angle of 90 °.The arms are parallel to the body. Repeat up to 10 times.
Lying on your stomach, try to make everyone know the "bike".This simple exercise perfectly trains the muscles of the thigh, which is very useful for this articular pathology.
Exercises lying on the back
- Exercise, lying on the back.№1
The hands lie in an arbitrary position, the lower limbs are straightened and relaxed. Begin slowly to strain the muscles of the thigh, pressing the legs to each other. Then slowly relax them. Rest for a few seconds and repeat the action no more than 6 times.
- Ex. Lie down on a healthy side. Raise the aching leg to the maximum possible position. Then return the limb to its original position.
Put your hands on your hips, tear your straightened feet off the floor and put them on the floor again. Repeat the action several times.
- Ex. No. 4
Bend the lower limbs in the knee joints and slightly dilute them. Leaning on legs, but, without tearing off the shoulder girdle from the floor, raise the pelvis. You can lift it to a height where you do not feel pain. Try to stay in this position for as long as possible. Return to the starting position.
LFK, performed standing
- stand on the edge of a low stand, holding one hand against a wall or support. Lower one leg so that it does not interfere with free flies. Do not overdo the range of movements, limb lift to a position when you begin to feel pain. Repeat with the other limb. Perform no more than 15 flops;
- spread your hands to the side, slowly raise your toes, stay in such position, how much will sustain the body, then slowly descend and stand on the whole foot. If it is difficult to perform this exercise without support, then stick to the back of the chair.
Complex exercises with a chair
The usual strong sturdy stool with a back can be turned into a full gymnastic shell. With his help, you can do a lot of exercises that help to ease the condition with Coxarthrosis.
- Ex. Sitting on a chair, bend over and try to reach the socks. Hold in the lowest possible position, then slowly rise and lean against the back of the chair. A little rest, repeat the process, but no more than 10 times.
Put your hands on the hip area, tear off the head and shoulders from the floor, then lie down again on the floor.
- Ex.# 3
Standing, lean against the back of the chair and do squats, bending your knees 90 °.Repeat up to 7 times, depending on subjective sensations. At home or in the hall?
Medical gymnastics should be conducted under the supervision of the instructor of exercise therapy. This is the most optimal option. The coach himself will select the best complex of therapeutic gymnastics for the patient, will show how to perform the exercises, make sure that they are performed correctly, without unnecessary workload.
If necessary, gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be performed independently at home. Complex with coxarthrosis can be selected independently.
We recommend using various videos in which you can see how the physical exercises are performed, and then repeat them. On the video, the instructor will also talk about the rules of curative gymnastics, precautions and duration - follow the recommendations with the video and you will be able to achieve the same effect as in the exercises with the instructor of exercise therapy.
Complex of exercises
The duration and complexity of therapeutic gymnastics depends on the degree of hip joint and associated diseases, as well as the main course of therapy. For example, in the initial stages it is allowed to ride a bicycle( as an alternative - an exercise bike with coxarthrosis of the hip joint).In the case of acute diseases of the internal organs, you should completely abandon the therapeutic gymnastics.
For different degrees of arthrosis, their exercises are selected. Here is an example of therapeutic gymnastics for patients with different stages of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Therapeutic exercises for the first degree of coxarthrosis:
- Lie on your back. Straight leg up gently, making gentle rocking from side to side. At the first lessons the amplitude is small, then you can gradually increase the amplitude of the movements. Repeat the movement with the second leg( for more trained you can perform the movement "scissors").Listen to your sensations in the hip joint, determining the speed and amplitude of the movements.
- Lie on your back. We raise and lower the leg to the maximum height at the time of the movement. We perform from five to 10-15 repetitions( increase their number gradually).The same is done with the second leg.
- Lie on your stomach( if it's hard, you can perform on the back), place the roller under the feet. Make easy rocking movements of the pelvis sideways. Do not do this quickly, the amplitude is small( light wiggle).
It is best to perform therapeutic physical exercises under the guidance of a specialized training.
Therapeutic exercises for the second degree of coxarthrosis:
- Sit on a chair, brush on the knees. Lean forward, trying to reach the toes to the toes. The back is straight( do not round, do not bend), the belly lies on the hips. We perform 10 inclines.
- Sit on a chair, hands on the thigh or knees. Make shaking movements with your feet to the sides( dilute and reduce your knees), the amplitude is small. In this case there will be no pain in the region of the hip joint.
- From the same position, lift the leg, lifting the heel off the floor for 1-2 cm and lowering it back( holding the toe on the floor).
- Lying on your back, perform movements that mimic cycling. Do it for 10 seconds, rest and repeat again.
- Standing, holding on to the back of the chair, one foot on the stand( bar, brick).We make flops with our free foot back and forth. At first, speed and amplitude increase, then reduce. We make flops with the other leg. We execute 10 mahov each foot.
Therapeutic exercises for the third degree of coxarthrosis:
- Sit on a chair. Centimeters at 10-15 lift up the leg, bent at the knee. Smoothly put your foot back on the floor. Change your foot. Repeat the exercise 10 times for each leg.
- The starting position is the same. Spread your legs and slowly raise and lower your knees. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on your back, pull your knees to your chest. Begin to breed and reduce legs, each time extending the distance between the knees. Start with five repetitions and bring up to 10-15.
After therapeutic gymnastics you need to fix the effect. At the end of training, it would be good to swim in the pool, which will help relieve tension in the muscles. Warm baths with herbs will also be useful. Specialists strongly recommend going to massage:
- Massage improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body.
- Massage strengthens the ligaments.
- Massage helps relieve tension in the muscles.
- Massage promotes increased mobility of the hip joint.
Do not exercise abruptly and vigorously. It is necessary to completely eliminate exercises that cause pain
Massage with coxarthrosis is performed very carefully, with slow movements, without applying great efforts. Duration of manual procedures should not exceed 15 minutes.
Gentle yoga is gaining increasing popularity in the treatment and prevention of diseases, including coxarthrosis. It can be used as an alternative to traditional therapeutic gymnastics. And even better - in addition to classical exercises. There are several rules for performing exercises from yoga:
- Yoga is recommended only at the initial stage of hip joint disease.
- Exercises should only be selected with an instructor, since most of all asanas from yoga exert a strong load on the joints, which is categorically contraindicated in coxarthrosis. With this disease, only gentle exercises can be performed.
Correct execution of gentle asanas from yoga saturates the body with oxygen, improves blood flow in the joints, increases the elasticity of muscles and helps to get rid of pain.
General rules for the implementation of
There are general rules that must be observed when performing any complex of therapeutic gymnastics or gentle yoga:
- Therapeutic exercises and yoga are performed slowly, without jerks. The rate of charging can be accelerated as the training increases. The rate depends on the degree of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
- Coxarthrosis exercises begin with a small number of repetitions, usually at five. But if the exercise is difficult, then you must confine yourself to two or three repetitions or temporarily replace it with an easier one. As the training increases, the number of repetitions is increased to 10-15.
- Be sure to listen to the sensations in the hip joint. They will tell you how to do the exercises. Carefully study how to correctly perform movements in coxarthrosis.
- While moving, do not hold your breath. Breathe evenly and deeply.
- The presence of arthrosis of the hip joint is accompanied by pain in it, and therefore exercise therapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is carried out in a position that excludes the maximum load on the affected area. The best position in this case is a lying position, with a small pad under the head and a roller under the knees. The heavier the arthrosis of the hip joint, the thicker the roller is required, as usually the leg is in a bent state and its extension is difficult.
The most important thing: when treating arthrosis, never stop only on physical education, otherwise the disease will not be cured. Remember that medical gymnastics is only one of the components of the complex of health-improving activities. Do not forget about drug treatment, diet, regular massage, warming, etc.
Mom is now engaged in therapeutic gymnastics. She said that the first week was very difficult - everything was hurting and crackling. But now I'm used to it. He says that there are no such pains, as they were from the very beginning.
Exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint
In addition to drug therapy, the use of gymnastics in coxarthrosis, which is part of conservative complex treatment, is considered effective. Exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint prevent the fusion of the damaged joint and contribute to the preservation of its mobility.
In performing gymnastic actions, the damaged joint takes a direct part and should be extremely careful not to cause harm and not to worsen the condition of the joint. That is why a specific set of exercises has been developed, which is aimed at eliminating the disease and is safe for the joint.
How correctly to perform therapeutic gymnastics?
The main rule is smoothness of movements. There should be no hurry and sharpness. Energetic efforts are also useless. The main task is the development of the joint, so gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is not dynamic, but static. Experts recommend completing exercises by the procedure of muscle massaging in the hip area, as well as massaging during gymnastics, with pain and discomfort.
It is necessary to exclude such actions as: squats, lunges, movements with a large amplitude and so on. In general, with coxarthrosis, any significant workloads that can provoke complications are contraindicated. A mandatory condition is the absence of an axial load on the hip joint.
Water procedures are well proven in this disease. If the state of health allows, then swimming will be very effective. If there is no possibility to visit the pool, the river or any pond, you can take warm baths and perform smooth movements while lying in the water. Such measures perfectly eliminate pain and ease.
Exercises for coxarthrosis
Despite the fact that a heavy load with this pathology is prohibited, gymnastics still provides for minor impact on the affected joint. Exercises are designed not only to remove the edema, but also to normalize the trophism of the damaged joint. In the process of gymnastic actions, the joint fluid is washed with all the cartilaginous tissues and this helps to eliminate severe pain and early recovery of the affected joint.
LFK assigned to the patient only after the main diagnostic measures. Based on the results of the study, the specialist selects a suitable set of actions that will be effective in treating pathology and will not harm the joint. Do not self-select exercises for yourself, without consulting with your doctor. This often leads to serious complications, to eliminate which is an extremely difficult task.
- Strictly follow all the recommendations of a specialist and not depart from the prescriptions.
- The performance of gymnastics must fully comply with the technique.
- If you have painful symptoms, you must stop exercising and consult a doctor.
- Before starting the exercises, do not take analgesics and NSAIDs. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medications dull the sensation and the joint may suffer during gymnastics. In this case, the patient will not be able to assess the effect of the procedure on his organism, since the pain syndrome will not be noticeable.
- It is compulsory to perform a massage, shown for the removal of edema and normalization of blood flow and lymph flow. Massaging the affected area will improve the processes of feeding nutrients to damaged tissues.
Complex of exercises
In most cases, with coxarthrosis, apply gentle gymnastic measures, which are described below.
In the supine position :
- Feet to stretch along the body, hands at the seams. At the inspiration, gradually raise your arms and lower them with an exhalation. At a slow pace, repeat 6-8 times.
- Being in the same position, on the inhalation bend your arms in the elbows, and on the exhalation unbend.
- Lying on your back to raise and lower your legs, then bend and unbend them in your lap( not taking your feet off the floor).Perform also combining with the respiratory rhythm.
- Without changing the starting position, plant and reduce legs together. Important: do not remove heels from the surface.
- Exercise "Bicycle".Keep your hands at the waist. The pace should be calm and smooth. Time to perform - 15 sec.
In the supine position :
- Hands on the hip zone. Raise your head with your shoulders and hold at least 3-4 seconds. Repeat up to 6 times, taking a break 2 seconds.
- Raise the straight legs and fix the body in this position for a few seconds. Take a break and repeat again.
- Hands to pull forward, raise the shoulder girdle and make movements as if swimming with a breaststroke.
Most of the above actions can be performed in a position lying on the side and standing. Be sure to monitor proper breathing, avoid overwork and take breaks between approaches.
There is still a lot of useful and effective gymnastic exercises, but they can be used only after consultation with the attending physician!
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint, gymnastics for the treatment of
Sergey Bubnovsky will show exercises for people who are diagnosed with coxarthrosis of the hip joint. Tell you when you need to do the operation, how to prepare the joint for the operation, and rehabilitation after the operation on the hip joint.https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = hjkPeM4QVbI
Read more about the hip joint: http: //www.bubnovsky.org/treatments/ a. ..