Medical gymnastics for joints with osteoarthritis of the knee joint( set of exercises)
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint( gonarthrosis) is a disease that can not be cured with single tablets. In order to preserve the mobility of the knee joints and maximally prolong the life of the knees, it is important to use non-drug methods of treatment - physiotherapy and, first of all, curative gymnastics with knee arthrosis( LFK).
Quick navigation on the article:
What is important to remember before starting
Useful advices for performing gymnastics
Exercises for knee arthrosis, №1-№9
Video of exercise complex for arthrosis
What is important to remember before starting to practice:
- gymnastics is usually performed only during the period of remission of the disease, when the symptoms of the disease - such as pain and inflammation in the joint - are minimal or absent. Performing therapeutic exercises at other times, you not only can get yourself unnecessary pain, but also can contribute to worsening of the condition of knee joints.
- before performing any exercises, including those found on our site, be sure to consult your doctor. It is possible that some movements from the treatment complex are not shown to you, or at the present time at their current stage of treatment, their performance can be harmful. When using any exercises, you must first get "good" from the doctor-arthrologist or instructor LFK!
- any therapeutic gymnastics for joints with osteoarthritis is necessary in order, on the one hand, to load the muscles and ligaments in the area of the affected joints, and on the other - do not overload the joints themselves. If the complex of exercises that you use are given too much strain on the joints, we strongly recommend that you stop using them and be sure to consult with your doctor!
- in the correct complex of therapeutic gymnastics for knee osteoarthritis, static loads should predominate over dynamic ones. Static load - this is when in exercises you need to stop at some point( for example, when lifting a leg) and stay in this position for a few seconds. Thanks to such static exercises, the muscles get the load necessary to strengthen them, and the joints themselves do not wear out, because with such exercises the movements in them are minimal.
- LFK for joints is the only method of treatment that does not require you to have money, medicine, or any expensive equipment. Therefore, be patient and have willpower, and do all the exercises regularly and in full.
1. In order for gymnastics to be of use, it is necessary to perform therapeutic exercises regularly, every day.
2. Try to avoid movements that give too much strain on the knees, and also on the hands. As already mentioned above, the essence of the right exercises is to strengthen the muscles, but do not burden the joints.3. Try to make the legs relax completely between exercises. For this it is most convenient to lie down.
4. At least once a day, complete the performance of therapeutic exercises with a small foot massage - at least for five minutes. To do this, easily walk your fingers along the hips and legs, stroking and lightly massaging them. You should avoid too much pressure and kneading muscles. It is possible to combine such self-massage with the use of therapeutic massage and warming-cooling gels and creams that are useful for joint arthrosis - for example, the gel "Horsepower" or the therapeutic cream-balm of V. Dikul, or any other.
Well, now - actually the complexes of exercises for the treatment of deforming osteoarthritis of the knee joints.
Knee joint arthrosis exercises
Performs lying on the abdomen on the floor. Legs are straightened, hands are stretched along the trunk. Very slowly lift the right foot straightened to the knee joint to a height of 15 cm from the floor, then hold it for 30-40 seconds at a specified height. After this, also very slowly lower the leg, and then completely relax the entire body.
Then make a small, very short, break, and repeat the same exercise, but with the left foot.
This exercise is performed only once with each leg.
In the same initial position, gently lift the right leg straightened at the knee and lift it to the same height and there hold for 1-2 seconds, then gently lower it to the floor. Perform 10-20 such movements, then repeat the same with the left foot.
Note that between each movement, you need to give your foot a short rest with complete relaxation of the muscles for one or two seconds.
Addition: make sure that both legs work the same way - they were raised to the same height and hung in the air at the same time - regardless of which leg is affected by arthrosis.
Lie on the floor on your stomach and stretch your arms along the trunk. The left leg should be straightened and just lying on the floor. The right leg should be bent at the right angle. This is the starting position.
Gently and very slowly lift the right leg in the thigh( keeping the right angle in the knee joint) to a height of 10 centimeters from the floor, then put it on the weight for 30-40 seconds.
After this, in the same way slowly lower the foot completely and completely relax the muscles. After a short break, do the same with the left foot. In total it is necessary to do this exercise once on each side.
You need to do the same as the 2-a, exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Right leg bent at right angles, lift 10 cm from the floor and hang in this state for 1-2 seconds, then smoothly lower your leg.
Repeat this procedure 10-12 times, alternating them with complete relaxation of the leg muscles, then repeat the same complex with the left foot.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is suitable only for sufficiently hardy and physically developed patients. If it's hard for you to do it, you can skip it.
The starting position - lying on the floor with straight legs, arms stretched along the trunk. Raise( slowly) straightened legs in the knees to a height of 10-15 cm, then just slowly spread your legs to the sides, and then slowly and smoothly bring them back to each other.
Then, without lowering your legs to the floor, again dilute them, and then just bring them together. Perform eight to ten such dilutions and leg information( in slow mode).
Lie on the floor on the right side and bend the right leg in the knee. This is the starting position for the exercise. After taking this pose, raise your left foot and hold it in weight for 25-30 seconds, keeping your foot at an angle of 45 degrees. Why very slowly lower the leg and completely relax the muscles of the body. After a short break, turn over to the left side and repeat the same procedure, but for the other leg.
Note that in this exercise, both legs should work with the same load - to rise at the same angle and hang in the air for the same amount of time.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly straighten the leg first at the knee joint, and then lift the leg even higher, using the hip joint. Try to raise your leg as high as it will, and then freeze in this position for thirty to sixty seconds.
After this, in the same way, slowly, start lowering the leg - first in the thigh, and then in the knee, to the starting position. After this, completely relax the muscles of the legs and begin to perform a similar exercise for the left leg. In total, this exercise should be done two or three times on each side.
The starting position is in front of the back of the chair. Slightly touching this back of the chair( only to not lose balance), slowly rise on the tiptoes and stay in this position for about 1 minute. After this, smoothly, slowly, return to the starting position.
This exercise is also performed in two versions. For static exercises, you only need to do it once. The dynamic version looks like this: sticking to the back of the chair, gently rise on the tiptoe, stay at this height for 1-2 seconds, then just as smoothly and slowly fall back to the starting position. Do 10-15 such movements.
The starting position is the same as in exercise # 6.Holding on to the back of the chair and standing on the heels, maximally lift up the front of the foot and toes. Freeze in this position also for 60 seconds. After the end of this time, very slowly lower your socks down and return to the starting position.
Then you need to do the same exercise, but in the dynamic version: raise the socks and lock in this position for one or two seconds, then smoothly lower them and stand on the whole leg as a whole, returning to the starting position.
After a short, one-two-second break, you need to repeat this exercise. In total, it is necessary to perform 10-15 such approaches.
The initial exercise is the same as in exercises 6 and 7. Slightly adhering to the back of the chair, lift the heel of your left leg as high as possible, while leaning on the toe of your left leg. At this time, the right foot completely stands on the floor.
After this, it is necessary to very smoothly reverse the position - how to roll so that now the right heel is raised, and the left foot is completely on the floor. After you have done this, raise the left heel up again, and lower the right heel. So, shift from one foot to the other for one minute.
Ex. No. 9 see after the video.
And here's a useful video:
This is the final exercise, during which you need to self-massage the hip muscles. For this, it is necessary to properly massage the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh above the knee. Pay attention: do not massage the back of the thigh!
To carry out this self-massage, place both palms just above the knee and start vigorously rubbing the foot surface in front and side, gradually moving upwards.
Massage should take approximately 4 minutes. Of these, three minutes to spend on the actual grinding of these areas of the hip. The indicator that this is done correctly is a stable and pleasant feeling of warmth. Do not bring to painful sensations or burning in the thigh.
The final minute of the massage is spent on soft stroking movements on the thigh from the bottom up.
To obtain a stronger and more stable heat effect during the massage, you can use various warming ointments, balms and gels, for example cream "Ballet" or ointment "Nikofleks".
Exercising gymnastics for osteoarthritis
People with osteoarthritis often assume that doing gymnastics with their condition is not recommended. Limited performance joints does not mean that you do not need to exercise. Gymnastics for osteoarthritis is not only recommended by doctors, but also necessary for a speedy recovery. Doctors often advise patients to undergo a course of therapeutic physical training to strengthen the muscular joints.
Gymnastics in case of osteoarthritis is performed according to the doctor's recommendations, preferably daily. Do exercises in good faith, gradually increasing the load. The complex of exercises of therapeutic gymnastics is developed by specialists who are advised to perform them several times a day( 15-20 minutes).
Performing medical gymnastics for osteoarthritis
Following are some simple exercises that are performed with osteoarthritis:
- Lie on your back, then bend your knees. Next, gradually raise the right foot from the floor( the leg is in a bent state), press it against the chest for 5 seconds. Letting go. Repeat the same with the left foot. The exercise itself must be performed 10 times per session.
- Lie down on your back, while keeping your legs straight. Then bend one leg in the knee, trying not to tear off the floor, press against the torso. Perform the exercise at least 15 times a day.
- Sit on a chair. Keep your back flat, and kick your legs.
- Sit on a chair, your back is flat. Lift one leg as evenly as possible, while pulling the foot towards you. Then slowly lower it. Do the same with the other leg. The exercise is performed at least 10 times.
- Lie down on your back, legs straighten. Slowly lift first one leg 30 cm from the floor, then the other. Legs lower one by one. The exercise is performed 30 times.
LFK for osteoarthritis is necessary, as it will help alleviate pain and keep joint activity. Therapeutic gymnastics can be held in the pool. Exercises should be aimed at strengthening the muscular joints, increasing the volume of joint movements, as well as improving the aerobic state.
You need to go out more often, walk on foot, visit swimming pools and other health centers. Skiing and cycling are not exceptions. You should not be treated with drugs, you can get rid of this disease yourself. Therapeutic gymnastics will speed up the healing process.
What is osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is the most common disease among joint lesions. Usually this disease makes you aware of yourself after 40 years. Osteoarthritis is the cause of joint diseases in 80% of cases. Osteoarthritis is also the main cause of disability, which significantly reduces the standard of living and increases financial costs. This is especially observed in the elderly.
Primary and secondary osteoarthritis are considered. In the first case, it is also called idiopathic. With idiopathic osteoarthritis, the cause of the disease is difficult to establish. Unlike the primary type of such a disease, the secondary causes are obvious. Most often the disease develops after any injury, when the metabolism is broken.
Osteoarthritis refers to multifactorial diseases. The main causes of degenerative-dystrophic development are inflammation, trauma or dysplasia. Injury of the joint is accompanied by arthrosis, while dysplasia is an innate feature of it. Inflammation, in turn, leads to tissue damage, that is, secondary osteoarthritis develops. Usually it can be inflammation of the infection process or a complication of chronic hemarthrosis.
There are many risk factors for this disease. They are divided into stages of the disease( primary, secondary) and external factors. Primary osteoarthritis is acquired most often by inheritance. Other factors may be overweight, age, profession. In addition, the disease may depend on the gender and ethnicity of the person.
Genetic risk factors: inherited disorders, deformation of collagen, dysplasia( joint and bone diseases inherited).
In addition, there are several non-hereditary factors. Among them: excess weight, age, failure of the endocrine system, deficiency of necessary microelements( vitamins), inflammatory process in the joint itself, and finally, dysplasia.
Factors that may cause osteoarthritis( environment): violation of ecological balance, frequent hypothermia, interaction with chemical toxins, recurring joint injuries, surgery, scope of work at work.
Each of the above factors affects the development of this disease. Therefore it is important that you follow your health.
Prevention and useful advice for osteoarthritis
So, if you started gymnastics, you need to read the following tips to get the most benefit from the classes:
- To exercise, it is necessary to regularly perform them.
- Avoid overloading your knees and hands. Your task is to strengthen the joints, rather than load them.
- Let your legs relax between exercises. It will be good if you take a horizontal position.
- At least once a week after the exercises, do foot massage. Massage will improve blood circulation and increase exercise efficiency.
The main prevention of osteoarthritis is sports since early childhood. Do not physically overwhelm yourself. Try not to spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Do not jump, run or crouch. It is necessary to give rest to the body. At rest it will be much more useful, if you lie down, and your legs will be relaxed. In no case do not press your feet under yourself. This leads to a violation of blood circulation in the body. Attend the swimming sections, take time out for walks. In addition, skiing well relieves extra loads from the joints. The therapeutic physical culture will help to get rid of problems with joints. Movement is life. Give as much time as possible to your health, and no illnesses threaten you.
How to treat knee osteoarthritis
Exercises deforming knee osteoarthritis accelerating treatment, divided into passive, semi-active and active.
1. Passive exercises, knee joint osteoarthritis treatment is accelerating, should be done with an assistant. The patient usually does not make special efforts. A nurse or a physiotherapist holds the patient's knee and slowly flexes and unbends it.
2. Half-active exercises are the next stage of treatment of patients with osteoarthritis. These exercises assume the presence of an assistant, as in the first case. However, now the patient makes small efforts when the nurse flexes and unbends the affected joints.
3. The patient usually performs active exercises himself. The doctor develops special training for each patient, which contributes to an early recovery after osteoarthritis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree. This includes push-ups from the floor, kneading joints. It is desirable to do these exercises regularly, gradually increasing the load. Work on yourself so that the next day you could easily repeat the entire training complex, and the osteoarthritis of the knee joint treatment was more fruitful.
The treatment strategy is determined by the severity of symptoms, the rate of development of the disease, the presence of inflammatory processes, age, the presence of concomitant diseases. Pharmacological drugs are used most often to relieve acute conditions and slow the progression of the disease and are divided into three groups:
Emergency medicines( analgesics - paracetamol, etc. The low toxicity for the digestive system is the advantage. Noneroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - including locally in thecomposition of ointments and gels.)
Drugs of slow action necessary for the removal of symptomatic syndromes( chondroitins, glucosamine - e
Drugs intended to restore the structure of the cartilaginous tissue( intramuscular injection of hyuluronate)
All of the above drugs contribute to the postponement of surgical intervention( endoprosthetics, arthroscopy), which, despite its effectiveness,is associated with a variety of risks and is prescribed only for severe pain.
In the presence of symptoms of the erosive nature of the disease or frequent exacerbation of synovitis, the use of hydroxychloroquine and colchicine is recommended. The development of inflammatory processes is effectively prevented by the introduction into the joint of prolonged glucocorticoids. The effect of the drug lasts for several days, the number of injections in a period of 12 months should not exceed three.
Concomitant methods, such as diet, exercise, lifestyle, become the leading factor determining the success of therapy.
Gymnastics for gonarthrosis of the knee joint here.
Reactive synovitis of the knee joint http: //sustavprof.ru/bolezni/sinovit/ vidy-sin-kolennogo-sustava.html.
1. In the supine position on the back, bend the legs( in turn) in the knees to the maximum, pressing them to the body. Stop while sliding on the litter. After that, the leg is straightened again. This exercise is the simplest.
2. The most difficult exercise in the prone position is lifting of the diseased leg to a height of 20-30 cm above the litter and then lowering it.
3. Simulation of riding a bicycle - the legs during the whole exercise are raised above the litter. These movements affect the hip joint.
Therapeutic exercise in osteoarthritis helps:
to prevent or eliminate atrophy of periarticular muscles( for example, quadriceps femoris in patients with gonarthrosis), prevent or eliminate joint instability, reduce arthralgias, improve the function of the affected joints, slow the further progression of osteoarthritis,
Exercises to increase the volume of movements
The reasons for joint stiffness in patients with osteoarthritis can be:
dilatation of the joint capsule, secondary to the increase in the volume of synovial fluid, retraction of the joint capsule, periarticular ligaments and tendons, fibrotic ankylosis of the joint of varying severity due to loss of articular cartilage, incongruent articular surfaces, the presence of a mechanical block( osteophytes, articular "mice"muscular spasm, joint pain.
In addition, the attending physician should take into account that the reduction in the volume of movements in one joint affects the biomechanics of adjacent distal and proximal joints. For example, according to S. Messier and co-authors( 1992) and D. Jesevar and co-authors( 1993), in elderly patients with gonarthrosis, the volume of movements was reduced in all major joints of both lower extremities( hip, knee and ankle)control group without joint diseases. Violation of the biomechanics of the affected joint leads to a change in the normal movements of the limb, increases the load on the joints, increases energy consumption during movement, increases pain and joint instability. Moreover, limiting the amount of motion of the joints of the lower extremities alters the normal kinematics of the gait. For example, in a patient with gonarthrosis, the angular velocity and volume of motion of the knee joint were reduced, but the angular velocity of the hip joint was compensated in comparison with the controls of the age, sex and body weight, without osteoarthritis. In addition, in patients with gonarthrosis, an increase in the load on the unaffected limb is observed. Currently, it is generally accepted that prolonged passive movements have a trophic effect on the articular cartilage and can contribute to its repair. Therefore, restoration of the functional volume of movements in the affected joints is an important task of non-drug treatment and rehabilitation of patients with osteoarthritis.
Currently, in order to restore the volume of movements in the joints, various physical exercises are used:
is passive( the methodologist or his assistant is mobilizing the joint), semi-active( the patient independently moves in the joint, the methodologist / assistant only helps at the end of each movement to reach the maximum volume), active( the patient independently performs the movements in the fullest possible way).
Before the complex of exercises it is possible to perform massage or physiotherapy( infrared, shortwave, microwave, ultrasound) to reduce stiffness in the affected joints and facilitate exercise.
One group - osteoarthritis - a chronic degenerative degenerative disease of the joints, where the articular cartilage is being erased, the cartilaginous lining between the bones disappears, which prevents their friction. The most common osteoarthritis of the knee joints, as well as ankle and hip joints. These joints carry the main load in the vertical position of the body, when walking. And the more the load on these joints, the faster they wear out, wear out.
The load on the joints is increased in case of heavy physical work associated with the transfer of weights, with increased stress on the joints, for example, in athletes, and, of course, in people with increased weight. The heavier the body, the more it presses on the joints of the feet when walking, the more the tender cartilage is erased and damaged, the more likely the development of arthrosis.
There are no blood vessels in the cartilaginous tissue itself and it feeds on the synovial fluid that is in the joint cavity. With prolonged immobilization, the production of synovial fluid and its exchange in the joint decreases. From the lack of mobility, the nutrition of the joints worsens. Therefore it is absolutely necessary to do exercises for movement in the joints, gymnastics, even if the joints ache.
To reduce the load on the joints with arthroses, it is also necessary to reduce the overall joint load by reducing the total body weight.
A healthy feed for the joints in osteoarthritis is a cold from the legs and ears of pigs and beef. Fat during cutting, cooking and hardening must be removed.
In the article Wikipedia - free encyclopedia - "Osteoarthrosis" it is written that the collagen, which ensures the strength of the cartilage, turns into broth when cooking. The substances formed during the splitting of gelatin provide many vital functions of the body: they preserve the gastric mucosa, improve memory, prevent the gluing of platelets. And this in turn reduces the risk of developing acute circulatory disorders, slows down aging. Preparations similar to food gelatin are called chondroprotectors and are used in official medicine for intramuscular injection.
Also in the diet you need to reduce the total calorie content of food and include more foods high in calcium - lactic acid foods and foods rich in vitamins - vegetables and fruits. Effective may be curative fasting.
Source of recipes.netnotebook.net
Butter, vegetable oils and nuts are a rich source of vitamin E and unsaturated fats.
Food containing vegetable and animal protein - dairy products, meat, lentils, beans, buckwheat porridge. Easily digested and contribute to the restoration of cartilaginous tissue. Especially useful fish are fatty varieties - salmon, herring, tuna. It contains vitamins A and E, which have an antioxidant effect, protecting cells from new damage.
Calcium and phosphorus - restore and strengthen the structure of bone tissue and cartilage. Omega-3 has an anti-inflammatory effect. Vitamin D promotes the assimilation of trace elements.
Carbohydrates contained in fruits and vegetables - in grapes, raspberries, cherries, pumpkins, carrots, cabbages. They are the main source of energy necessary for the normal course of metabolic processes.
And also vitamins: Vitamin C - it is simply irreplaceable in a diet at sick joints. Since it participates in the synthesis of elastin and collagen fibers, providing flexibility and strength of cartilage. In addition, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It is found in peaches, in kiwi, in cabbage, in onions.
Group B vitamins promote the proper metabolism. Contained in eggs, bananas, peas, in suits, in baked potatoes, in lentils. Contraindicated:
Alcohol. Fatty meat - clogging blood vessels, which leads to the formation of plaques on the blood vessels. Simple sugars are sweet and savory dishes that are quickly absorbed and laid off, turning into fat. Excluding them from the diet, we relieve our body of excessive burden on the joints.
Diet for knee arthrosis should be balanced, with sufficient protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. Following the principles of rational nutrition, you will accelerate the metabolic processes in the body. This will help to reduce weight, beneficially affecting the condition of the joints.
In combination with therapeutic procedures, the arthrosis of the knee joint gives good results, restoring mobility and flexibility of the joints.
Ointments are ointments, rubbers, gels, liniments, etc. In sports medicine, it is difficult to overestimate the positive effect of massage, warming ointments and extracts, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs that are applied externally. They have an irritating, warming, anti-inflammatory effect. For the treatment of osteoarthritis, the following dosage forms are used: Apizartron, Bom-benge, Brufen, Butadion, Viprosal, Vipratox, Kapmfocin, tiger ointment, Nikoflex, Heparin ointment, Venoruton gel, Reparil gel H, Fastum gel, Revma gel, Revmon gel, Veral, Volyaren Emulgel, Diclouran gel, Naklo-phen, Flugalin, Solpaflex, Ketonal, Oruvel, Nifluril, Heparoid lechiva, Dolobien, Panthenol, Final gon, Menthol, Gavkamen, Revma cream of Dr. Taiss, Es-sex, Thermo-rheumont, Arthrosenax, etc.
Source of sportswiki.ru
Knee arthrosis treatmentFirst of all, warming the patient's joint, to improve the current of lymph and anesthesia. The "Collagen Ultra" ointment on the basis of plant components that are able to penetrate deeply into tissues, anesthetize, exert anti-inflammatory action and reduce edema helps in this very well.
Aloe vera leaves( about 50 g), ground to a homogeneous mass, are mixed with 100 g of honey and 150 ml of vodka. The mixture should be stored in a dark cool place. Warm up to room temperature before use. Use as compresses at night;Flowers of a bear's eye( mullein) in the amount of 70 g insist a week in a glass of vodka. Use for grinding joints;In equal proportions, mix sea salt and honey, grease linen or cotton cloth, apply to the diseased joint and top with a compress paper. Wrap up and leave for the night.
When using folk remedies, it is important to remember the incurability of osteoarthritis. These funds will help only reduce pain. Therefore, using folk remedies for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis, one should always remember traditional medicine:
leaves of cranberries. The products for external use are used in the form of ointments, compresses, wraps. Important components of such medicinal potions are honey, turpentine, sunflower and camphor oil, mummies. In various folk recipes, these ingredients are used in combination with herbs. It is considered effective method of appliqués of hot potato puree from potatoes, cooked "in uniform" and crushed directly with the skin, as well as a method of wrapping sick joints with burdock leaves. Make a superposition of compresses from steamed Jerusalem artichoke, from fresh cabbage leaves. Of the domestic preparations, the most famous are the infusion of cranberry leaves and the infusion of strawberry leaves. Also widely used in folk preparations are lemon, honey, apple cider vinegar, chicken eggs.
This method is used without exacerbation. Can be manual or with the use of various massagers. Not the joint itself is massaged, but the tissues surrounding it. Do not self-massage just before eating or just after a hearty meal. The break between the procedure and food should be about 2 hours. Self-massage should be done at a comfortable temperature, in a position convenient for you. In this case, the muscles in the massaged area of the body should be as relaxed as possible. For a better slip of hands on the surface of the body, you can use talc, massage oils( olive, peach, cedar, etc.), creams, special ointments recommended by a doctor.
At the end of the treatment self-massage with the use of ointments, a dry bandage or a compress can be applied to this area. Massage is contraindicated in acute fever, acute inflammatory processes, bleeding, skin diseases, rashes, skin lesions.
SELF-ASSEMBLY OF THE KNEE
It is carried out in a position where the massaged leg, slightly bent at the knee joint, lies longitudinally on the couch, and the other leg is lowered down.
THE FOLLOWING RECEPTIONS ARE USED:
• flattening and bracing parallel to the moving palms of both hands;
• Trimming rectilinear and circular with the pads of the fingers, with variable fixation, then I fingers, then the remaining fingers. Rotary grinding is also performed with a tongue-and-pinion technique.
Source of orthospine.ru
Injections( injections) with highly effective modern preparations that give a powerful anti-inflammatory and health-improving effect in the treatment of arthrosis, arthrosis of the knee joint and osteoarthrosis and require high qualification of the doctor.
- Method( Methotrexate)
Treatment of knee osteoarthritis should be performed in accordance with the degree of disease development, age and general condition of the patient's body. There are three degrees of development of knee osteoarthritis:
- First degree - a characteristic feeling of discomfort arises in the area of the affected knee joint, accompanied by pain that occurs after a load on the legs. There is an insignificant limitation of the amplitude of the movements through soreness, and also fatigue of the legs quickly appears. In the photographs, a slight narrowing of the joint cavity is observed in this degree;
- The second degree is characterized by more severe symptoms, which manifests itself in the form of constant discomfort, arising both in the morning and in a state of complete rest. Bend knee is made with difficulty, the gait becomes slow, the movements of the legs are accompanied by a crunch. When palpation appears soreness, and if untimely treatment can occur deformation of the joint, accompanied by swelling and inflammation. On the X-ray, one can consider a strong narrowing in the region of the joint cavity, bone proliferation and thickening of the bone;
- The third degree is a severe stage of the disease, which is practically not treatable. Osteoarthrosis of the knee joint of the third degree can be characterized by the disability of the patient. Restore the knee joint is possible only with the implantation of an artificial joint.
The reasons for the onset of the disease are a key criterion in the appointment of medical therapy, which can be divided into two groups:
- Genetic causes - disorders in connective tissue, hereditary mutations, dysplasia, bone system diseases, micronutrient deficiencies,overweight, metabolic disorders, inflammatory processes, and age;
- External factors - the effects of environmental poisons( toxins), hypothermia, trauma and operations, as well as the nature of human activities.
It should be noted that osteochondrosis in the knee joint arises more often in women. The risk group includes people engaged in professional sports, whose joints are subjected to constant stress.
Methods of treatment of
disease As treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee joint can be at home with the condition of visiting the sick hospital, the patient should understand all the responsibilities that are required of him, observing the orthopedic regime, doing the recommended physical exercises and observing a strict diet.
Treatment of osteoarthrosis of the knee joint is carried out with the help of complex therapy, aimed primarily at eliminating the causes of the onset. That is, if the disease has developed due to the impact on joints of excess body weight, then the patient should lose weight. When abusing physical activity, it is necessary to ensure the affected joint rest, and with hormonal failures, it is necessary to normalize the level of hormones in the body.
A unique cream "Shark Fat" is found - the best way to eliminate pain in joints.
A tangible effect comes on the first day of use! Learn more.
Treatment of osteoarthritis localized in the knee joint area can be divided into three groups:
- Emergency medications - analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs of local or tableted form;
- Drug medications for slow exposure are glucosamines and chondroitins that help cope with symptomatic syndrome, restore cartilaginous tissue structure and reduce pain;
- Restorative drugs-intramuscular injections of hyaluronate, with the help of which, the structure of damaged tissues is restored.
Due to the effectiveness of the above medicines, it is possible to postpone for a long time the need for surgical intervention( arthroscopy or endoprosthetics), involving risks and recommended only with severe pain manifestations.
In the period of exacerbations or repeated relapses of knee osteoarthritis, it is recommended to use Colchicine or Hydroxychloroquine. Inflammatory processes can be effectively prevented by the introduction into the joint region of prolonged glucocorticoids. The effect of these drugs lasts for several days, with the condition not exceeding the number of recommended injections.
Diet for osteochondrosis
Nutrition for osteoarthritis of the knee joint should not be harmful, that is, the use of fried, smoked and modified foods is not allowed. In order to restore articular cartilage should eat foods or biological supplements, which include chondroitin and collagen.
Chondroitin is found mainly in crustaceans( crabs, shrimps), and collagen - mainly in low-fat varieties of meat( turkey, veal).Fish salmonids, sea kale, lean meat, fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs stimulates the production of collagen in the body, thanks to the saturated fatty acids contained in them. It is not recommended to include in your diet foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates, as well as salty foods, as they contribute to weight gain and prevent the absorption of nutrients in the cartilage tissue.
Therapeutic physical training
LFK in osteoarthrosis of the knee joint is an excellent and effective addition to proper nutrition and medical therapy. Thanks to the gymnastic exercises, you can develop joints, providing them with mobility.
Complex exercises should be performed regularly, in a sitting or lying position, so that the knee joints are not loaded. Each exercise should be performed in order to strengthen the muscles in the area of the knee joints, which helps to eliminate the pain when walking.
A unique cream "Shark Fat" is found - the best way to eliminate pain in the joints.
A tangible effect comes on the first day of use! Learn more.
How to do exercises for knee joints
Massage and self-massage for osteoarthritis and gonarthrosis
When performing such an exercise, it is worth knowing that you can not work with the joint itself. In no case he does not warm up and massage. A prolonged physical effect can significantly reduce pain, but this will lead to even more inflammation.
The muscles of the hip, thigh, that is, the musculoskeletal formations that surround the affected area, are subject to massage. This will increase blood flow, respectively, the supply of oxygen and nutrients will increase, which in turn will have a positive effect on the restoration and inhibition of destructive processes.
Exercises for the knee joints must first be performed under the supervision of a specialist - a rehabilitation physician. He will select a special program based on the stage of the disease. Also, the doctor will monitor the correctness of the exercises.
But if there is no possibility to engage with a specialist, you can perform exercise therapy at home. The main thing that a patient should remember is that excessive loads are absolutely counter-indicative.
What do I need to know before I start?
Exercises for arthritis and arthrosis of the knee joint are performed only during the remission of pathology. At this time, such signs of defeat as pain and inflammation are minimal or absent altogether. If you start in the gym at a different time, you can significantly worsen the condition of the knees, deliver a lot more trouble.
Complex LFK should be appointed only by the attending physician. In no case can you choose the exercises yourself, because it is possible that some of them are not shown at all in a particular case or worse, can cause harm. It is recommended for any gymnastics to contact a LFK instructor or an arthrologist.
The exercises shown in osteoarthritis of the knee joint are aimed at loading the muscles and ligaments in the affected area and at the same time reducing the tension in the aching joint itself.
Correctly selected complex includes more static exercises than dynamic ones. Static exercises involve fading the body at a certain point, for example, when lifting a leg.
In a fixed position, you need to stay a few seconds. Thanks to such gymnastics, the muscles receive the necessary loads and are strengthened, while the affected joints do not wear out, because when performing such exercises they are almost not involved.
LFK - the only method that does not require financial costs, but only a little time and effort.
Exercises for strengthening knee joints: what to consider
To be useful from physical education, you need to practice it regularly, that is, every day, or even better - several times a day. It is necessary to exclude the movement, which is too heavily loaded limbs, because the essence is not in this, but in strengthening the muscles.
Between the approaches the legs must be completely relaxed, so it is most convenient to take a reclining position. At least once a day, you need to complete the curative gymnastics massage, lasting about 5 minutes.
You can just lightly run your fingers along the thighs, legs, pat and a little ponazhimat. Do not press or knead too much. During this self-massage it is recommended to use a warming-cooling gel or a therapeutic massage oil, which will be very useful for arthritis.
Exercises for gonarthrosis and similar knee joint lesions.
- . Lie on stomach. Legs straighten, hands to put along the trunk. Slowly lift one foot 15 cm up, hold for 30 seconds and lower with the same speed. Relax. Repeat with the other limb;
- IS the same. But it's not static, but dynamic( it's faster to raise your legs).Breaks between approaches do less;
- Lying on the stomach, arms stretched along the trunk. One leg is straightened on the floor, the other is bent at the right angle in the knee - this is a PI.The bent leg is raised in the thigh, keeping the right angle, to a small height. Delayed for 10 seconds. Slowly return to the IP.After a break, repeat with another limb;
- Repeat exercise number 3, only dynamically, delaying for 2 seconds. It is worth doing 10-20 repetitions;
- Lie on the floor. Raise fully straight legs 15 cm from the floor and stay in this position( suitable for hardy and physically trained patients).After lifting the legs are bred to the sides, they are brought back and lowered. Perform 8-10 approaches at a time, but slowly. It is worth noting that with gonarthrosis and other similar pathologies, static exercises are performed primarily, and then dynamic ones, should not be confused so as not to harm;
- Lie on your left side, right leg bend at the knee - it's IP.Then the left limb rises and is held by weight for 30 seconds at an angle of about 45 degrees. After that, it goes down and the body relaxes. Then a short break and a repetition is done, but on the other side and with the other leg. It is worth noting that when performing such movements it is necessary to work with both feet equally, raise them at the same angle and hold a certain amount of time;
- Sit on a chair. First, the leg slowly straightens at the knee joint, and then in the hip joint. We must try to raise it as high as possible and freeze in such a pose for a minute. After this, it is also necessary to slowly lower - first in the hip and only then in the knee. After this, a short break follows and the approach is repeated, but with the other leg. It is enough to repeat 4-6 times;
- Become in front of the back of a chair. Hold on to it just a little bit, just to not lose balance, then climb the tiptoes, linger and fall to the FE.Do it all very slowly. You can perform this movement in two versions - static, as described above, or dynamic;
- IP similarly number 8, but lift only the front of the foot. Frozen in this position for a minute and lowered back. After that, you need to perform several approaches more dynamically;
- To complete the exercise, you need to self-massage the hip muscles. In the process, knead the front and side surfaces thereof, which are above the knee. It is worth noting that the back part can not be massaged. It is recommended to put two palms slightly above the knee and vigorously rub the skin in front and sides, gradually rising up. The process should last no more than 4 minutes. If the massage is performed correctly, a stable feeling of warmth will appear. In no case do not bring to pain or burning. Finish the procedure with soft strokes.
If the gymnastics is too intense or if any movement causes discomfort, tell your doctor. When there are pains or swelling, LFK is temporarily not taken, but as soon as the symptoms of inflammation disappear, immediately resume.