Treatment of gout with exacerbation at home by folk remedies. Treatment of gout in a sanatorium, surgical method. What should be the diet?
Gout disease is known to mankind since ancient times. All the main signs of the disease were described by Hippocrates. Previously, this disease was called a disease of kings. After all, problems with joints often occurred in representatives of the upper class. The reasons are quite obvious: lack of mobility, excessive addiction to alcohol and meat. The disease continues to remain treacherous today. However, various techniques that provide treatment for gout with exacerbation, give many patients a chance to improve their condition.
Characteristics of the ailment
Some people are familiar with the ailment of literary works. Others, unfortunately, experienced it on themselves. Gout is one of the types of arthritis. It has a very definite reason.
Pathology provokes an excess of uric acid, which accumulates in the body as a result of impaired metabolism. This substance is formed into microcrystals and settles in the joints. Most often they are deposited in the joints of the foot, thumb, knee. A distinctive feature of the crystals is the needle-shaped form. That's why they dig into the tissues of the joints, provoking unbearable pain.
The attack usually begins at night. There is a lot of pain, which in a short time is just unbearable. The joint swells and turns red. Only adequate and timely treatment of gout with exacerbation can reduce the severity of symptoms.
An ailment can appear in any person. But according to statistics, the most common pathology is observed in men 40-50 years old. Quite often gout, which is not treated with adequate methods, leads to the development of kidney stone disease. There may be other, no less serious ailments. That is why it is so important to start the fight against an insidious disease in a timely manner.
Recommendations to the patient with exacerbation of
Of course, if the pain has arisen for the first time, be sure to consult a doctor. After all, only with the help of tests can you properly diagnose an ailment.
If you are sure of the disease, then treatment for gout with exacerbation at home will be as follows:
- Mandatory adherence to bed rest.
- It is recommended to fix the patient's limb in a slightly elevated state. Be sure to give her complete peace.
- Use anti-inflammatory drugs. On the damaged area you can apply Vishnevsky ointment or Dimexide solution.
- The patient needs a certain drinking regime. Alkaline mineral water, acidic freshly squeezed juices, rice broth are useful.
- Patient should adhere to a half-starved diet. Vegetable broths, jelly, water porridges are useful.
- In case of severe pain, analgesics or NSAIDs are taken. Most often with gout medications "Diclofenac", "Nimesulide", "Indomethacin" are recommended.
Observance of such recommendations allows to stop an attack literally for 2-3 days.
Medication methods recommended by doctors in the fight against pathology do not exclude the use of home recipes. Treatment of gout with exacerbation of folk remedies has fully confirmed its effectiveness. After all, for the millenniums of the existence of the disease, many wonderful methods have been accumulated that can alleviate the patient's suffering.
Doctors often recommend that patients include various folk methods in therapy. Their advantage in accessibility, careful checking of time and absence of contraindications.
Methods for exacerbating
So, which methods can be used if suddenly the attack is found?
Doctors and healers recommend the following treatment for gout when exacerbating folk methods:
- Activated carbon. If for several hours a strong attack does not pass, this therapy will be effective enough. Take 4 tablets and diligently chop them. Add a little water to the powdery composition. To ensure an excellent effect, it is recommended to put 1 tbsp in the gruel.l.of linseed oil. Stir the ingredients. Apply the mixture to the damaged area at night. By the morning the pain syndrome will decrease significantly. However, remember that the activated charcoal can not cure gout. But he will perfectly eliminate the pain.
- Lemons. You will need 1 kg of citrus fruit. It takes 5 minutes to pour the lemons with boiling water. Be sure to keep them all submerged in water. Cut the citrus, remove the bones. Pass them through the meat grinder. This "medicine" is stored in the refrigerator. Take the next drink once a day, once a day. Add 1 tsp to the glass of water.lemon billet and ¼ tsp.soda.
- Copper. Do not be surprised. Treatment of gout with exacerbation with copper is one of the effective ways. You can use ordinary wire. In severe pains, the wounded area should be wrapped around with copper. The patients' testimonies testify that even the strongest sensations start to subside in about 30 minutes. And after an hour the discomfort completely disappears. The tumor after such treatment comes off on the second day. The patient is able to fully return to everyday life.
- Cherry berries. They have the strongest anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to eat at least 300 g of berries per day. Such treatment should last 7 days. Cherry perfectly reduces the concentration of uric acid in the blood. And, as you know, it is she who provokes the development of gout.
- Fresh celery. It is necessary to squeeze the juice out of it. Its use significantly reduces the pain in the joints. It is recommended to apply the remedy before meals 3-4 h. To get a beneficial effect of treatment, you should repeat the procedure daily for a week.
However, one should not rely solely on folk remedies. After all, the disease of kings can retreat only with complex therapy. Therefore, the treatment of gout with exacerbation must necessarily include medication. But remember that they should be assigned only by a specialist.
The most common therapy in the acute period is based on the following medications:
- painkillers: Ibuprofen, Voltaren, Nimulide;
- anti-inflammatory drugs: "Colchicine", "Indomethacin";
- medications that reduce the concentration of uric acid: "Purinol", "Allopurinol";
- external ointments: Diclofenac, Butadion, Fullflex.
Treatment of a chronic ailment with folk remedies
It should be understood that even without exacerbation gout continues destructively to affect joints. Therefore, do not throw the therapy as soon as you manage to stop the attack. Otherwise, soon, gout treatment will be needed again, with exacerbation.
Herbs are very popular. They are a powerful remedy for gout.
A wonderful therapeutic effect will be provided by the following baths:
- Camomile. It will take 100 g of plant flowers and 200 g of sea salt. Components pour boiling water - 10 liters. Be sure to let yourselves infuse. When the fluid gets a temperature of 38-40 degrees, you can begin treatment. In the bath, immerse the patient joint and hold it in the liquid for a while.
- Sage. To prepare the infusion, you need 6 liters of water and 100 grams of the above-mentioned herbs.15 minutes mixed ingredients should be boiled. After cooling to 38 degrees, the liquid for treatment is ready.
The course of therapy with trays implies 25-30 procedures. If we talk about the duration of one manipulation, then it lasts 30-40 minutes. However, it should be remembered that when cooling the liquid, it must necessarily be heated.
Such therapy is very popular. Its main goal is to fight the main cause of the disease - increasing the concentration of uric acid.
However, treatment of gout when exacerbated in a sanatorium should be prescribed by a doctor. Because such therapy has contraindications. In addition, not all procedures can be prescribed during an attack.
It is strictly forbidden to sanatorium treatment for individuals who are diagnosed with:
- renal failure in chronic form;
The most common therapy is based on two directions:
- taking therapeutic baths;
- the use of mineral waters.
Patients are recommended certain resorts. As a rule, these are sanatoriums in which the patient is offered baths containing radon, sodium chloride, sulphides, nitrogen. Useful iodine-bromide.
Alkaline mineral water is recommended for use. They contribute to the acceleration of metabolism. Alkali provides the splitting of uric acid. Thus, painful crystals do not increase in size, and no tofus formation occurs.
The surgical method is very rarely used. Treatment of gout with exacerbation by surgical method may consist of puncture of the joint. During the operation, corticosteroids are inserted into the articulation.
As a rule, the need for surgery arises if the deposits have grown strongly and have a negative effect on the tissue. In this case, the nodes are removed surgically. If there is a significant destruction of the cartilage, the patient is shown a recovery operation - arthroplasty.
Diet. Prohibited products
One of the most important roles in fighting the disease is proper nutrition. Observing the diet, you provide effective treatment for gout with exacerbation.
What products are not allowed in the first place? Doctors advise to refrain from eating:
- fatty meat, fish;
- meat, canned fish;
- animal fat;
- smoked products;
- of rich broths.
These products increase the production of uric acid.
In addition, one should exclude food that can provoke an exacerbation of the disease:
- mushrooms, legumes;
- spinach, cauliflower, sorrel;
- strong tea;
- coffee, cocoa;
- alcohol( especially dangerous beer).
Recommendations for Nutrition
What should be consumed in people who are prescribed gout treatment when exacerbating?
The diet is based on the following food:
- vegetables( potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.) - raw, boiled or stewed;
- fruit, berries;
- fruit drinks, compotes, weak tea, jelly;
- dairy products;
- vegetable broth;
- cereals, macaroni from durum wheat;
- fresh citrus juices;
- bread - rye, wheat, it is possible with bran;
- alkaline mineral water;
- marmalade, pastille;
- decoction of rose hips.
People suffering from gout should remember that diet food is the basis of treatment. The right diet can gradually save the patient from painful symptoms. However, be aware that digression from the diet will cause new attacks. Therefore, the observance of the diet described above should become the norm of life for gout.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation of
Gout is a chronic intractable disease that was discovered even under Hippocrates. As a result of disruption of purine metabolism, uric acid salts accumulate and are deposited in joint tissues and near them. Because of this, inflammation begins and treatment of gout is required during exacerbation. The disease causes deformity of the joints. But the most unpleasant thing is that the symptom is accompanied by very severe pain.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation at home
In order to get rid of all manifestations of the disease, you do not need to go to a hospital. To be engaged in treatment, after it will be appointed by the expert, it is possible and in house conditions. Therapy consists of two main stages:
- arresting an attack during an exacerbation period;
- prophylaxis for the prevention of repeated attacks.
Gout is so complex a disease that it is impossible to cope with it immediately, unfortunately. And the concept of "arresting an attack" does not mean a momentary relief from pain, but a reduction in the time of painful sensations. If you do not do anything at all, the symptoms may not disappear for two to three weeks. A treatment of gout with exacerbation at home will reduce this period to two or three days.
The patient must always comply with bed rest. The extremities suffer from the disease most often. They should be kept in an elevated position for the period of treatment. To do this, you can simply place a pillow under the sore arm or leg.
Much is not recommended. The patient's diet should be severely curtailed. Leave in it liquid porridges and light broths. A liquid - preferably one that contains alkali: oat broth, mineral water or ordinary purified water with lemon juice, milk, natural jelly - should be consumed more.
To treat gout exacerbation on the big toe, arm or any other joint, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - Indomethacin, Nimesulide, Diclofenac or Movalis - are usually used. Ordinary painkillers with a disease such as gout, usually do not work very well. Drink NSAIDs until the attack does not pass.
Rheumatologists can also prescribe the following drugs for the treatment of gout during an exacerbation:
- Colchicine. This alkaloid does not allow the granulocyte to be divided at the cellular level, interferes with the migration of leukocytes, and prevents salts of uric acid from lingering on the joint tissues. You need to drink it in the first twelve hours after the onset of the attack - the medicine is used for emergency help.
- Cortisone, prednisolone and other glucocorticoids. Such medications very quickly neutralize the inflammatory process, but at the same time they are beaten by immunity.
To avoid treatment with gout during the exacerbation of
There are several tips that can help avoid the medical treatment of gout in case of exacerbation:
- Patients should have a minimum load on the joints.
- Patients with gout should not smoke, drink alcohol, abuse caffeine and soda.
- It is necessary to allocate time for regular physical activity and to control weight.
- You should drink a couple of liters of purified water a day.
- It is important to follow a diet. You can not eat fat meat and fish, spices, grapes and its derivatives, legumes, fat, butter. And dried fruits, eggs, chicken, light fish, nuts, vegetables in the diet should be added to the contrary.
Of the folk remedies for treating gout with exacerbation, warm baths with iodine and soda are considered to be the best. In them, the joint should be kept for twenty minutes. And after it is lubricated with lugol and wrapped for the night. What is gout exacerbation?
Gout is a disease that has come to us from antiquity. This term is borrowed from the Greek language, where it means "foot trap".This disease is associated with a metabolic disorder, and in the early stages it is difficult to identify. But when there is an exacerbation of gout, a person actually becomes an invalid. Let's look more closely at this disease.
Gout: description of the disease
Significant building material in the body are purines. They enter the body as food, and are produced independently. When they break up, uric acid is formed. Normally it is excreted by the kidneys.
In the case of metabolic disorders, the functioning of many body systems is disrupted. As a result, uric acid is poorly excreted by the kidneys or excess is formed. As a result, uric acid salts( urates) are deposited in tissues with insufficient blood supply( joints, cartilage, tendons) in the form of small crystals. Leukocytes try to destroy the crystals, but eventually die themselves, causing an acute attack of gout.
The level of uric acid in the blood also increases. This phenomenon is called hyperuricemia. But it is not synonymous with gout. This phenomenon is observed in other ailments( inflammation of the kidneys, tumors, blood diseases), and also with excessive physical exertion and abuse of fatty foods.
Men are more often ill with gout. Moreover, it is a disease of people aged: in men after 40-50 years, in women after 60 years. In young people, such a disease is rare and is most often associated with a primary or secondary defect in the synthesis of uric acid.
Symptoms of gout
Here the disease is divided into 4 stages:
- Hyperuricemia( without symptoms).This period can last many years, there is a concentration of uric acid. Pain, redness there. Only the blood test can reveal the condition.
- Acute gouty arthritis. Has paroxysmal current. Attacks of acute pain occur mainly at night. Most often the big toe is affected. The skin over the affected joint turns red, swells, becomes hot to the touch. Even with a light touch, the patient feels severe pain.
- Intercritical period. Pain is less pronounced, but occurs more often. In the body irreversible processes occur.
- Chronic deposits of urates in the joints. Nodules are formed - tofusi. These are painless subcutaneous formations from a few millimeters to 1-2 cm in size. They have a yellowish color. During the attack of gout, the contents of the granuloma may liquefy and exit through the fistula. Further stones can form in the kidneys, which leads to the strongest colic. As a result, the kidneys can refuse.
Gout classification: causes of
The gout may be primary and secondary. Primary arises because of hereditary predisposition.
Secondary form is a consequence of other diseases. Risk factors include leukemia, arterial hypertension, etc.
In addition, gout can occur when:
- abuse red meat, fish fatty foods, coffee, tea, cocoa, legumes, alcohol( especially beer);
- antitumor therapy, mass cell death in people with autoimmune diseases;
- shock states;
- renal failure.
Diagnosis of gout
Differential diagnosis for gout is necessary because the disease is often confused with arthritis, inflammation, sprains, etc. There are several diagnostic methods that are used in the complex:
- Medical examination, examination of anamnesis.
- General blood test. During an attack of gout, ESR increases, neutrophilic leukocytosis is observed with a shift to the left. Outside the attack, there are no significant changes in the analysis.
- Biochemical blood test. It fixes the increase of uric acid.
- General analysis of urine.
- Samples of Reberg and Zimnitsky. They help to identify kidney failure.
- Radiography of the joint. Needed to identify tofusov. It is used when differentiating from a pseudogout. Tofuses are usually located in the joints of feet and hands. Sometimes they occur in soft tissues. In this case, they can also be detected on radiography, only if they are calcified.
- Arthrocentesis. This procedure involves testing the joint fluid. It is carried out with the purpose of detection of crystals of uric acid.
- Determination of daily uric acid excretion in urine and clearance of the first allows to establish the type of violation of purine metabolism( metabolic, renal and mixed).
In addition to methods, there are diagnostic criteria.
The "Roman" classification( 1961) is often used.
The diagnosis is established if at least two criteria are noted:
- hyper hypermiculation;
- presence of tophi;
- acute arthritis;
- the presence of uric acid crystals in the intraarticular fluid or tissues.
There is a classification of the American Association of Rheumatologists. To confirm gout, the presence of urate crystals in the synovial fluid and tofusov, as well as 6 of 12 criteria:
- more than 1 attack of arthritis in history;
- exacerbation of inflammation in the 1st day;
- redness of the skin above the inflamed joint;
- edema and joint pain;
- unilateral defeat of the arches of the arch of the foot;
- one-sided lesion of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetry in joint changes;
- subcortical cysts without erosions, which are visible on the roentgenogram;
- negative analysis for flora in the joint fluid.
What to do in case of exacerbation of gout: medical treatment
Treatment of gout during the period of exacerbation implies being in the inpatient department( 7-14 days).During the remission the patient is registered with such doctors as a rheumatologist, nephrologist.
Therapy of the disease has several directions:
- cupping of pain syndrome;
- prevention of recurrence of acute gouty arthritis;
- prophylaxis of complications;
- elimination of concomitant symptoms( obesity, hypertension, etc.);
- prevention of formation of urate kidney stones.
In case of exacerbation, first of all, anti-inflammatory treatment is performed. Usually, colchicine is used for this. However, when ingested, there are side reactions from the gastrointestinal tract, so intravenous administration is preferable. The drug has many contraindications, so it should only take it as prescribed by the doctor.
For the removal of inflammation, NSAIDs are also used: diclofenac, indomethacin, phenylbutazone, naproxen, except for salicylates. If you take diuretic drugs, you must immediately abandon them.
In addition, the practice of intra-articular injection of glucocorticoids. This method is especially effective when it is impossible to use the traditional treatment regimen. The main thing is to be sure of the diagnosis, otherwise it is fraught with big complications( gout can be confused with septic arthritis).
Folk methods of treatment: herbal medicine
Treatment with herbs during remission will avoid aggravation of gout. From plants usually make broths or tinctures. Consider some recipes:
- Chamomile. Make a decoction of flowers of chamomile pharmacy( 100 grams per 10 liters of water), add 200 g of salt. In this bath lower the affected joint. Another daisy can be mixed with blackberry( 1: 1), pour boiling water, warmed, not bringing to a boil. Then moisten the decoction in a decoction and apply to the affected joint.
- The sequence. It is useful to brew and drink like tea. Brew for 15 minutes.
- Lilac. From it you need to make a tincture. To do this, fill the glass bottle to the top with lilac flowers and pour alcohol( 200 g).Then the bottle is put for a week in a dark place( periodically shaken).Take 20-30 drops inside before meals.
There are many other ways in which doctors are rather skeptical( tie raw fish to the affected joint).
Prevention of the disease
Prevention implies an active lifestyle and proper nutrition.
What are the nutritional restrictions for gout?
This disease uses a dietary table number 6.Its variety - table number 6e - has a low daily calorie content. It is prescribed for gout, complicated by obesity.
- red meat, fatty fish, smoked meat, canned food;
- strong coffee, tea, alcohol;
- meat, fish, mushroom broths;
- fresh vegetables;
- fresh baked pastry;
- chocolate, dried fruits.
- any cereals;
- stale bread;
- dairy and sour-milk products;
- processed vegetables;
- berries and fruits;
- green tea, fruit juice, natural juices.
It is useful to do unloading days( 1-2 times a week): curd-kefir, kefir, apple, etc.
Diet No. 6e includes the same products, but with a caloric restriction. Fasting and overeating are prohibited. The optimal mode of eating is 5-6 times a day. Portions should not exceed 200 ml in volume.
Sports are welcome. The main thing is not to overload. Strong twists are forbidden, intense running, jumping, lifting weights. It is necessary to form a muscular corset to reduce the burden on the joints. It is good to walk. Sitting office work negates all the treatment, so try to compensate for this with regular training.
It may not be possible to cure gout until the end, but keeping it in a stable remission is easy.
Treatment of gout on the legs - ways to treat gout and getting rid of gout at home - Healthy age
Criteria for diagnosing gout
Symptoms of the disease
In 2000, WHO adopted diagnostic criteria that make it possible to verifiably verify the diagnosis of "Gout"".Each clinician of the therapeutic profile must follow the scheme adopted in this document in his diagnosis.
The first diagnostic sign is the detection of urates in the puncture of the intra-articular fluid. This sign is revealed by performing a puncture of the joint cavity, which in itself is a very painful procedure.
The second sign, pathognomonic and mandatory for the diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of tofus - accumulations of urates in soft tissues. This symptom, as a rule, is detected with a simple clinical examination by an experienced doctor and does not require additional instrumental diagnostic methods.
The third prerequisite for a verified diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of at least half of the following symptoms:
more than 1 case of exacerbation of gout in history;
- the most pronounced inflammation of the joint in the first day of the disease;
- defeat only one joint, without involvement in the process of neighboring;
- redness of the skin above the affected joint;
- swelling or acute pain most often localized in the I metatarsal joint on the foot;
- increase in urate concentration in urine;
- unilateral lesion of the joints of the foot;
- unilateral lesion of the first metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetric swelling over the affected joint;
- detection of subcortical cysts on radiographs;
- does not reveal flora in the joint fluid.
Despite a large number of the above symptoms, the greatest diagnostic value is still available: the detection of urates in the synovial fluid, gouty attacks in the history and the detection of tofusov. As a rule, these three manifestations are sufficient for the conclusion that this patient is ill with gout.
As can be seen from the above clinical picture, the most characteristic for gout is the damage to the joints on the legs, namely, the I-flat-phalanx joint.
Treatment of gout
Given the poly-physiology and variety of manifestations of gout, the approach to its treatment should also be comprehensive, taking into account all the pathological processes that develop with this disease.
In connection with this, the following mandatory directions are singled out in the treatment of gout:
Treatment of gout
Curbing a pain attack( with exacerbation of gout, or, so-called "gouty attack");
- Achieving a stable remission and preventing new exacerbations of the disease;
- Recurrence of complications of the disease associated with the deposition of urate in various organs and tissues;
- Treatment of comorbidities aggravating the course of gout( treatment of obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, arterial hypertension)
- Prevention of development of nephrolithiasis due to impaired urate metabolism.
Treatment of manifestations of acute gout with lesions of the Iplusne-phalangeal foot joint
Treatment of acute gouty attack, or "gouty attack" has a number of features and it is directed mainly to the relief of pain syndrome, the removal of the inflammatory process in the joint( most often the I-metatarsus-phalanx on the foot) and the improvement of the general condition of the patient.
In gouty arthritis, colchicine is most often used as an anti-inflammatory drug. This is a proven tool for years that has proven effective in stopping a gout attack.
Colchicine is administered at a dose of 0.5 mg every hour or 1 mg every 2 hours until the symptoms of gout exacerbation subsided. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 6 mg.
In the absence of the effect of the introduction of an hourly total dose of 6 mg, colchicine is canceled and proceeds to the introduction of a drug more powerful in its effect drugs. However, most often this scheme of treatment is effective and brings relief, according to different data, from 75 to 80% of patients.
An unpleasant side effect from the use of this drug are unpleasant manifestations of the gastrointestinal tract( nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).Often the severity of these adverse reactions reaches such a strength that it goes one level with the actual manifestations of gout itself and require separate treatment.
Colchicine can be administered intravenously and orally. With intravenous administration of colchicine, nurses should be extremely cautious, because of non-compliance with the technique of performing colchicine injection, it can enter neighboring vessels and cause severe pain at the site of injection, and subsequently - necrosis. Another unpleasant side effect of colchicine is the development of allopecia, in other words, hair loss, baldness. In high doses colchicine can cause depression of the respiratory center and even death, so doctors should be extremely cautious in prescribing this drug.
Other anti-inflammatory drugs that have shown a good result in stopping gouty attacks are: fenoprofen, indomethacin.
Indomethacin is administered at a starting dose of 75 mg, after which the patient is administered an additional 50 mg of the drug every 6 hours until the symptoms subsided. After the attack managed to stop, the intervals in the administration of the drug are increased to 8 hours. Thus, the patient is administered indomethacin in a maintenance dose of 50 mg every 8 hours. Indomethacin can also quite often, as an adverse event, cause disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract to reduce mood( up to the development of depression).
However, the toxicity of this drug is still significantly lower than colchicine, thereforeindomethacin is the drug of choice for arresting an attack of gouty arthritis.
When colchicine and NSAIDs are ineffective, patients are shown intra-articular injections of glucocorticoids. In this case, drugs containing cranocorticosteroids may be prescribed for oral administration. In this case, you should also be extremely careful with dosages and do not overdo it.
How to treat gout at home
Many patients are supporters of having to treat manifestations of gout on their legs at home. There are a number of folk methods of treating gout. To one of the most effective ways to combat the manifestations of gout at home, one can attribute adherence to diet and the fight against obesity.
Diet for gout
The principle of nutrition for gout is that it is necessary to sharply limit the consumption of foods that increase the formation of urates in the body during their metabolism. These are products containing purines.
For the most part it is meat and fish. For this reason, a vegetarian diet is recommended for gout. With a sharp restriction of the amount of proteins consumed.
In addition, patients suffering from gout should severely limit the amount of alcohol consumed, as this dramatically increases the likelihood of exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, it should be noted that in recent years, a number of clinical studies have shown that weight loss has a beneficial effect on the development of remission and contributes to reducing episodes of exacerbations in gout.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that it is extremely important for patients with gout to reconsider their lifestyle. It is not for nothing that gout has long been considered a disease of people prone to lush festivities, overeating and consuming a large amount of alcohol. And despite the fact that at the moment the role of hereditary factors in the formation of this pathology is proved, the values and such factors as healthy nutrition, moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and spices, physical activity and a mobile way of life should not be diminished.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout
Widely used to treat gout is also traditional medicine. This is a different kind of ointments, tinctures, decoctions, etc.
Ointments and their use
A. Ointment for the treatment of gout according to the old prescription
This ointment has long been widely used by the Slavs in order to treat gout at home. To prepare the ointment, take the butter and alcohol. Mix the ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio. Then evaporate the alcohol from the mixture - and the ointment is ready!
B. Treatment of gout with iodine
Another well-known folk method that allows treating gout at home is iodine-based compresses. In order to prepare a composition for compresses, mix 10 ml of iodine and 5 tablets of aspirin.
Remember! Before you start to treat gout at home, be sure to consult a doctor! Otherwise, such treatment is not only inefficient, but also dangerous! At the first manifestations of gout symptoms - go for treatment to an experienced doctor.
Gout refers to the chronic type of the disease and occurs when there is a metabolic disorder, as well as a high level of uric acid in the human body. The disease affects the joints due to the deposition of salts in them, that is, microcrystals. In medicine, microcrystals are the loss of sodium. The first stage of the disease occurs without symptoms, so usually treatment of gout begins with exacerbations, when the first attacks and painful feelings appear.
What is gout and how dangerous is it?
Gout is an ancient disease. Many people suffered from this disease in the Middle Ages. In general, the disease was common among wealthy and wealthy people who were addicted to alcohol and consumed fatty and salty foods every day.Diagnosis of the disease
Most gout is common among men in old age, women are less common. In order to determine the diagnosis of gout, it is enough to pass blood tests. If the tests show that the level of uric acid is quite high, then you need to take action.
This disease is dangerous because it is impossible to completely heal it, you can only relax the attacks and reduce the salt level. It is very important to treat gout with exacerbations at home, because to reduce attacks, it is necessary to limit the intake of products containing purine. It is from it that uric acid is formed.
Factors affecting the development of gout:
- High level of purine substances;
- Deposition of salts or microcrystals in the joints;
- Eating foods that contain a purine;
- The cause of development can become complications of other types of diseases.
Symptoms, signs and causes of
The causes of gout development may be as follows:
- Abuse of alcohol;
- Excess fatty and salty foods;
- Vegetables that contain purine, as well as fruits;
- Development of other types of disease;
- Narrow shoes.
Symptoms of gout exacerbation appear as attacks with severe pain. One attack can last a fairly long time. Usually seizures begin in the morning and at night. At this time the patient feels very strong and unbearable pain in the area of the inflamed joint.
Other symptoms of the disease may also occur:
- Elevated temperature in the area of the inflamed joint;
- Burning sensation.
All these symptoms manifest before the onset of an attack. By these signals, it can be determined that the onset of an illness can begin soon. Of all the joints, joints on the legs, knees and ankle are most affected.
Types and complications of the disease
The causes of the disease can be not only heredity, but also obesity, alcohol, as well as some drugs, such as aspirin, pyrazinamide and nicotinic acid.
Gout exacerbation occurs due to the development of the following diseases:
In case of complications, the patient's appetite disappears, the temperature rises and a feeling of malaise appears.
There are two types of gout: secondary and primary. Primary gout can occur in connection with a predisposed heredity. And the secondary develops because of external factors. Typically, the disease is common among the elderly from 50 or 60 years and older. In very rare cases, gout occurs in men aged 40 years.
There is also a monoarticular and polyarticular gout. Monoarticular only extends to one joint, mainly on the big toe, knees and ankles. Polyarticular can immediately spread to several joints.Narrow shoes are harmful to the legs
What should I do if there are exacerbations and complications of gout?
- First, to exclude from the diet those foods that are rich in purine;
- Secondly, drink as much water as possible. During the day it is advisable to drink up to 2 - 2.5 liters of water;
- Do not wear narrow shoes;
- Do not overeat.
Folk remedies and decoctions of medicinal herbs
Treatment for gout during an exacerbation by folk methods should be carried out under the strict supervision of a doctor. As a rule, when treating with medicamentous method it is necessary not only to rely on medicines, but also to observe diets, and also to limit the use of harmful products, which can cause the development of the disease.
To treat the disease with folk remedies, green tea and decoctions of medicinal herbs will perfectly suit:
It is very important to drink more liquid and mineral water to remove salt from the body and reduce the amount of purine in the body.
In order to clean joints from microcrystals, you can drink a decoction made from fir cones. It is made from unopened cones. It is necessary to pour 1 - 2 cups of boiled water and leave to stand. Take, until you completely get rid of the illness half an hour before eating.Infusion on the laurel leaves
Gout in the period of exacerbation is also treated with laurel leaf. It perfectly helps to clean joints. To prepare the product you need 5 grams of dried leaves. Laurel sheets should be boiled 1 - 2 glasses of water. Do not cover the dishes with a lid during boiling, as the leaves contain essential oils. After the broth wrapped in a warm towel and leave to stand for 3 hours. You can drink during the day in small doses.
Sausage cabbage can also be used to treat the disease. It contains a large number of useful substances for the body. In addition, sauerkraut helps normalize the level of uric acid in the blood.
Ointments, creams and other anti-inflammatory drugs
Many people are wondering how to treat gout with exacerbation and relieve pain during seizures? There are many safe drugs that effectively help with bouts of the disease. One of these medicines is Fullflex. It is available in two forms: capsules and ointments for external use.
Ointment Fullflex has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to remove salts from the human body. It consists of medicinal plants, due to which the level of uric acid in the blood is normalized. Active substances of Full Flux:
There are also other equally effective ointments for gout during an exacerbation, such as Vishnevskaya.
There are almost no restrictions with regard to vegetables, except:
The treatment of gout with medicines is aimed at reducing the swelling of the tissues near the affected area, reducing the level of uric acid. There is a difference between drugs that are taken during relapse and between seizures. Some medicines for gout should only be used under the supervision of a doctor who monitors blood parameters. In the case of the first attack of arthritis, the patient receives anti-inflammatory drugs. Use of drugs to reduce the level of uric acid can lead to negative results
When developing gout, the drugs are designed to relieve pain, eliminate swelling of the tissues. To do this, use inflammatory and steroid-free medications, special anti-gout remedies such as Nimesulide, Ibuprofen, Movalis. Do not use aspirin."Colchicine" is a special drug that helps fight the worsening of the disease. If colchicine and painkillers are rendered helpless, glucocorticoids enter the case. To treat gout with exacerbation of ointments and other means are already useless.
Between attacks of exacerbation patient prescribed drugs to suppress the production of uric acid. How to take allopurinol for gout? Tablets are washed down with water after eating. What should be the dosage - the doctor should calculate. To improve the removal of uric acid from the body, "Colchicine" is used, the use of which is permissible under the prescription of the doctor. There is also alternative medicine - homeopathy. Often for the treatment of gout in case of exacerbation, the herb is a cesspool, formic acid. A quick way to recover is sanatorium treatment.
Treatment with folk remedies at home
Here are the most famous methods:
- Compress with fish fillet. Apply to the hearth of illness, fix and hold all night. Repeat for 10 days.
- Half a cup of activated charcoal is turned into powder, mixed with one tablespoon of flaxseed, diluted with water, rubbed in a sore spot before going to bed.
- Ointment from melted butter mixed with the same amount of vodka. Alcohol should be removed from the mixture. To do this, it must be set on fire, after which the ointment is rubbed into the affected areas to reduce pain.
- A mixture of five aspirin tablets, 10 milliliters of iodine. After use on a sore spot, wear gloves or socks.
- Baths from three liters of water, three teaspoons of soda, nine drops of iodine.
- Salo. Rub the pieces into the adjacent areas or leave them overnight fixed on the sore spot.
- Ointment from gout on legs with sea salt. A half-kilogram of white ingredient should be poured with boiling water and left on the stove until water boils. After that, two hundred grams of Vaseline are added to the salt, a compress is made from the resulting ointment, which is insulated and left overnight.
Prevention of exacerbations
Gout manifests itself where the joint was damaged. It is necessary to avoid uncomfortable and narrow shoes, so as not to injure the big toe, often affected by the disease. Especially dangerous is the disease for small joints, which should be constantly loaded with movement. A healthy lifestyle helps to reduce the level of urate and uric acid. Daily exercise, walking will have the most beneficial effect. Vegetables, fruits, milk, eggs, cheese will always be useful. You should forget about nicotine and alcohol, they interfere with the excretion of uric acid.
Video: what is gout and how to treat it
In the story, the doctor explains what factors say about the development of gout. The expert explains why the disease is noted in fat people. In the video below explain, on the basis of what the disease is confused with osteoarthritis and flat feet. Diagnosis, the causes of the disease and the treatment of gout when exacerbated - is available in simple language. See and take note of effective advice.Like the article? Tell your friends:
Comments with the advertisement of products or services are posted only on a paid basis or are deleted.
A couple of centuries ago this illness was considered a disease of kings and representatives of noble estates, who had the opportunity to consume meat and dairy products in large quantities, and spend most of the time in a reclining position. Today, there is no shortage of food, and most of us are moving because of working conditions very little. Therefore, gout increasingly mows middle-aged people, especially men.
Signs and symptoms of gout
Causes of the disease are caused by a violation of the exchange of purine substances, resulting in uric acid begins to accumulate in the body, deposited in the joints in the form of crystals. How does the gout express itself? Symptoms of this disease are associated with inflammation and pain, and such force that a person feels that his limb is clamped in a vice that is gradually contracting. What joints most often affects gout? Symptoms of this ailment are expressed in the inflammation of the thumb on the leg, but at least the redness of the ankle, knee joint, and fingers and tendons can be observed.
In case of complication of the disease, when attacks often torment the patient and for a fairly long period of time, serious joint damage and mobility limitation can occur. In severe cases, under the skin, white nodules, called tofusas, are visible, which act as clusters of uric acid crystals.
Treatment of gout at home
Gout: treatment at home is primarily associated with complete resting of the affected limb. The patient's arm or leg should be placed on the cushion, giving it an elevated position and applying a hot water bottle with severe inflammation, and when the painful syndrome goes away, the limb should be warmed. It is necessary to find out what triggered this ailment and what type of violation of purine metabolism is present in the body: metabolic, renal or mixed. In any case, before the appointment of traditional drugs, the patient is recommended to change the habitual diet, give up alcohol and try to reduce weight, if it comes to obesity.
How is gout treated? Food provides for the restriction of foods rich in purines. It's about meat, fish, beans, strong tea and coffee. It is recommended to follow the diet number 6, limiting the intake of fats and proteins to 1 gram per kilogram of weight, while the need for calories is met by carbohydrates. The patient is recommended to drink more - up to 2-3 liters of liquid a day, as simple water, and compotes, morses, kissels, alkaline solutions, etc. It is very useful to visit the bath or sauna regularly to speed up the excretion of uric acid from the body. Physioprocedures, balneotherapy, ultrasound treatment are shown.
Folk remedies for gout
Gout: how to treat at home? Ways to ease the pain and relieve the inflammation people are looking for at all times. And although today medicine is not at the level that several centuries ago, those suffering from "the disease of kings" still use non-traditional means of treatment and quite successfully. Here are some of them:
- Connect to 1 tbsp.l.inflorescences of chamomile and dry herbaceous grass, pour ½ liter of boiling water, leave for 1 hour, and then strain through a sieve and drink for two meals. This infusion should be taken regularly;
- If gout torments you for a long time, it is necessary to clean joints every 3 months with such a decoction: pour 5 g of bay leaf with 2 cups of liquid, put on fire and boil for 5 minutes. After pour into a thermos bottle and leave for 8 hours. In the morning, squeeze out the raw materials, and drink the liquid fractionally throughout the waking time. The therapy lasts 3 days, after which it is necessary to interrupt for a week and again drink the broth of the bay leaves according to the proposed scheme;
- Gout: Traditional treatment involves taking tinctures on alcohol from bark obtained from oak and flowers of horse chestnut. And the one and the other component should be used for 1 tbsp.l. Pour ½ liter of alcohol and keep in a dark cool place for 1 week. Use inside for 1 tbsp.l.three times during the entire waking period during the month.
Traditional treatment of gout with exacerbation of
Gout: treatment of folk remedies for this disease is intended to prolong the state of remission or relieve pain and reduce inflammation in case of exacerbation of the disease. Previous prescriptions are effective as prevention and treatment of the disease in the stage of weakening the course of the disease. But if you are worried about severe pain syndrome, swelling, mobility restriction, insomnia and lack of appetite, ask for the following tools:
- Deactivate the activated charcoal to get half a glass of dry matter. Add a little liquid and 1 tbsp.l.flaxseed. The resulting composition should have a pasty consistency. They are recommended to lubricate the affected area before going to bed. Top with polyethylene wrap and wrap with a cloth. By the morning the pain will subside;
- What kind of therapy is still gout? Exacerbation: treatment in this period can give a result when using rather unusual method .It is recommended to cover the affected area with any fish fillets, wrap it with polyethylene, and warm the feet from above by wearing woolen socks. Compress to do at night for 10 days, after which should come relief;
- Iodine is an ancient remedy for this ailment. Aspirin in the amount of 5 tablets should be stirred in a tincture of iodine - 15 ml and rubbed into the aching joints before going to sleep, after wearing socks. It is very useful to make foot baths with iodine. Warm up 3 liters of water, stir in it 3 tsp.soda and 9 drops of iodine.
Here are all the tips and tricks. Lead a healthy lifestyle, go in for sports, and a disease like gout will bypass you. Be healthy!