Gonarthrosis of the knee joint of the 1st degree - when the disease can still be stoppedGonarthrosis is a chronic non-inflammatory disease that affects the knee joints, the result of which is a violation of their functions and destruction of the articular cartilage.
The mechanical factor is the main cause of the disease. After microtraumatization of the articular cartilage, its degeneration begins and the metabolism in the tissues is disturbed.
Between the articular surfaces is a multi-layered hyaline cartilage, which reduces friction and improves glide. Its structure allows to withstand loads and maintain elasticity. When the disease cartilage is stratified, cracked and thinned.The progression of the disease leads to the exposure of the bone, its densification and the appearance of outgrowths( osteophytes), which causes the deformation of the joints.
Stages of the disease
Gonoarthrosis is the primary, arising initially, and secondary, developing against the background of other joint diseases.
Gonarthrosis has three degrees of severity:
- of the first degree of .This is the initial stage of the disease, which is expressed in periodic pain, which is exacerbated after physical exertion and small swelling in the knee joint area.
- of the second degree .Duration and intensity of pain increases. There is deformation of the joint, difficulty in flexion and
- of the third degree .The pain becomes quite strong and occurs not only with physical exertion, but also at rest. There is a meteorological dependence, the gait changes and the mobility of the joint is limited.
What is the peculiarity of
grade 2 gonarthrosis? By gonarthrosis is meant the damage to the cartilage and bony growths that occur on the joint, the xytosis of the articular tissue. Arthrosis of the knee - deg. ..
Is it possible to treat gonarthrosis of the knee joint of the third degree and why does the disability come
Gonarthrosis of the third degree of the knee joint is the heaviest. The disease significantly complicates the life of patients, severely limits work capacity....
Stop the disease before it's too late
Gonarthrosis 1 degree is the most favorable for the patient, as his progress at this stage can be stopped.
The disease develops gradually and unnoticed and can last a long time.
Often the patient can not remember exactly at what point he began to feel heaviness and discomfort in the joints. Usually, this is attributed to the resulting injuries, physical activity or fatigue. But at this point the structure of the joint has already begun to change.
Then there is pain in the knee. It is not very intense, and in most cases it is also left without attention. Symptoms can completely disappear for a while, lulling the patient's vigilance.
Causes of the disease
There are many causes of first-degree gonarthrosis, but the most frequent are:
- Chronic stress.
- Disturbance of nutrition and blood supply of articular tissues, resulting in dystrophic changes.
- Overweight, in which the knee joints experience a constant load.
- Violation of the local circulation in case of varicose veins and venous stasis.
- The loads are not age appropriate. When a person over forty is trying to play sports too intensively.
- Congenital weakness of the ligamentous apparatus.
- Metabolic disorders.
In half of cases, the cause of the disease is spasm of the muscles of the anterior surface of the thigh. It is found in the vast majority of people suffering from the disease.
The patient does not notice a spasm, he can feel fatigue in his legs and aching pain in the lower back. If the muscles are too long in the spasmodic state, then gradually the knees "tighten", and their movement is limited. The most common cause of this pathology is chronic stress.At home, a predisposition to the disease can be easily determined. Lying on the stomach, you need to tighten the heel to the buttock.
A healthy person will be able to do, with tension on the front of the thigh. With spasm of muscles in this place there will be very strong painful sensations that will prevent the exercise.
Symptoms of the disease in the first stage
The main symptoms of gonarthrosis:
- Severity and discomfort in the joints of , in the absence of physical exertion.
- Pain .Usually appears in the morning after waking up. During the day, when the joint is being developed, it disappears. In the future such a symptom is manifested after a day's rest or prolonged sitting. Also, knees hurt during the ascent or descent of the stairs. It is caused by the fact that the whole weight of the body rests on the leg bent at the knee and the articular cartilage contracts, resting against each other. Pain worries after a long walk or playing sports, but it completely disappears after a person sits down for a rest.
- Weakness of the muscles .This symptom appears quite rarely.
If you have any of the symptoms, you need to see a doctor for an examination and an X-ray study. This will determine the stage of the disease and track the dynamics of its development.
Even in the early stages of the development of the disease, the images show a narrowing of the articular space or the presence of small growths on the bones.
Treatment - the sooner, the better.
Even if the patient's quality of life has not worsened, treatment of gonarthrosis of the knee joint of 1 degree should be started immediately.
The goal is to stop the disease and reverse the dystrophic processes of .
Although the disease can not be completely cured, its progression can be significantly slowed down. The most effective is a comprehensive method of treatment, which includes:
- Weight correction .It is usually the first stage of treatment in obese patients. While the body mass index will not go off scale, other methods will be powerless. Since even with little physical activity, the load on the knee joints is much higher than normal.
- Exercises for stretching and strengthening of muscles .With the developed muscles of the legs and the absence of spasms, the load on the knees decreases. A sparing exercise should be prescribed by a doctor. In this case, squats, jumps and runs are excluded. You can take yoga, cycling or swimming.
- Choosing the right shoe. Women suffering from the initial stage of gonarthrosis should give up shoes with a very high heel, the optimal height in this case is three to five centimeters. Flats with flat soles are also contraindicated. Those who spend a lot of time on their feet are best able to buy orthopedic shoes or insoles.
- Select knee joints that fix the joints and ligaments of the .They are used when a person has to exercise.
- Balanced power supply .Doctors recommend, as often as possible to eat a cold, a broth, cooked on bones or jelly. These products contain a large number of chondroprotectors and collagen. Useful are meat and vegetable protein foods, dairy products, nuts and fruits. From the menu you need to completely exclude fatty meat and alcoholic beverages.
- Physiotherapy, massage and therapeutic gymnastics .
Vertebrogenic cervicalgia - pain in the neck, accompanied by a limitation of muscle mobility. Find out the true causes of the syndrome and modern therapies.
In most cases, at this stage of the disease a person does not need pain medication. If necessary, drugs from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs based on ibuprofen, paracetamol or nimesulide are prescribed.
They can be in the form of injections, tablets, creams and gels. If the medicine has to be used for more than seven days, you should definitely consult a doctor.
For the restoration of cartilaginous tissue I use preparations from the group of chondroprotectors. Most often they include chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, which stop the destruction of cartilaginous tissue, restore its structure and the development of joint lubrication.
The products are manufactured in different dosage forms:
- Capsules, powders and tablets for oral administration : Teraflex, Chondroitin-Akos, Arthron Complex, Dona, Structum.
- Solutions for injections : Mukosat, Alflutop, Elbona.
- Ointments and Gels : Chondroxide, Hondrasil.
Upon interruption of the course, having lost the make-up, it will again begin to break down. The course of treatment lasts from six to eighteen months, the dosage and form of the drug is prescribed by the attending physician.
If you do not start treating the disease in time, it will pass to subsequent stages, in which pain and stiffness in the knee joints becomes a constant companion.
Biomechanics of the body can be disturbed, which will lead to intervertebral hernias and arthrosis of other joints. For successful treatment, the doctor's recommendations must be fully implemented.
In order to avoid gonarthrosis, you need to eat properly and balanced, avoiding overeating.
Correctly determine the level of physical activity, and compare them with age. When practicing active sports, people after the age of forty should not be equal to those who are not thirty.In the event of knee injury, immediately seek medical help.
It is necessary to select the right shoes, and when using varicose veins, use special stockings.
Do not ignore the symptoms, because timely, conservative complex treatment can stop the disease and preserve the function of the knee joints.
First-degree gonarthrosis is the initial stage of a fairly serious disease that can significantly impair the quality of life.
For diagnosis of the disease and the appointment of a complex of medical measures, you need to see a doctor for a rheumatologist, arthrologist or orthopedist.
Complete description of the 1st degree knee joint gonarthrosis: symptoms and treatment
Gonarthrosis is a chronic knee joint disease in which the cartilage is thinned and destroyed, followed by the involvement of bone surfaces. The defeat of the joint with gonarthrosis slowly but steadily progressing: from minor changes to severe deformity and disability. The severity of the symptoms and anatomical changes of the joint is reflected in the diagnosis statement, indicating the degree of the disease - from 1 to 3.
Click on the picture to enlarge
Knee joint gonarthrosis of the 1st degree is the initial period of the disease when the pain is weak and other symptoms are often absent. However, even with minor, recurring complaints, it is necessary to consult a doctor( arthrologist, orthopedist or therapist), because at this stage the effectiveness of treatment is highest. At 1 degree of disease, non-drug treatment methods( diet, gymnastics) and preparations of predominantly prophylactic use( such as chondroprotectors) give a very good result. More serious medicines, if they are, are used in small courses only to relieve exacerbations.
Causes of the disease
Various causes lead to the onset of gonarthrosis, causing thinning and abrasion of the articular cartilage:
- age changes( cartilage is dense, blood supply is weakened);
- overweight( increased load on the joint);
- suffered injuries and infections of the knee;
- inadequate load on the joint( bearing gravity, jumping from height, etc.);
- metabolic diseases.
Six major symptoms of
A characteristic feature of the 1st degree of gonarthrosis is a mild symptomatology or absence of symptoms in general( in some cases the disease is detected accidentally, with the x-ray of the knee in case of trauma or for another reason).But with a careful attitude to their health, patients still notice certain alarming signs:
joint shape change,
Let's analyze these symptoms in more detail:
A crunch in the knee, clearly audible to the sick, and sometimes to people nearby - one of the first symptoms. It occurs when the knee is stressed: the leg is bent in the knee, squats. Often the crunch is accompanied by a peculiar sensation of grinding, slipping or clicking in the knee. For a long time, a crunch can be the only complaint about which patients do not consider it necessary to go to the doctor.
Pain in the knee
Pain in the knee in case of 1 degree of arthrosis usually have a moderate intensity and are of a paroxysmal nature. They occur after a considerable load, mainly in the evening hours and pass fairly quickly in rest, in connection with which there is no need to take painkillers. Deterioration of the condition with increased pain is possible with a change in the weather( in wet, windy, cold weather).
Sudden pain in the knee during running can be a symptom of gonarthrosis
Stiffness of the
With 1 degree of gonarthrosis, there are no obvious limitations on the function of the knee joint: patients completely bend and unbend the leg, can crouch, climb the stairs. But there may be stiffness - a feeling of difficulty or stiffness when moving in the knee, which causes the patients to apply additional forces under normal loads( walking, climbing the stairs).Gradually disappears the usual freedom of movement.
Pain in the legs
Due to stiffness, the load on the muscles of the lower leg and thigh increases - and at the end of the working day, aching pains in the legs often occur.
Joint Shape Change
Grade 1 Grade is not accompanied by severe joint deformity. But with a close examination, the doctor, and sometimes the patient himself, can notice some changes in the normal shape of the knee: the appearance of outgrowths, tubercles and slight edema.
Edema of the knee
Swelling at grade 1 is also unobtrusive. But the increase in the volume of the diseased knee in comparison with the healthy one is easy to establish when measuring with centimeter tape.
Methods of treatment
If any symptoms of gonarthrosis appear, even if very insignificant, it is necessary to consult a doctor-arthrologist or orthopedist. Only a doctor will be able to confirm the diagnosis, clarify the degree of destruction of the cartilage and joint and prescribe adequate treatment.
In case of gonarthrosis of 1 degree, the most important are non-drug methods:
folk methods of treatment,
Gymnastics is an essential component of treatment at all levels of gonarthrosis. But at 1 degree, its regular holding gives a quick and well-noticeable result: pain disappears, ease of movement is restored, and a crunch disappears.
Gymnastics should be performed on a daily basis, continuing classes and after the improvement. Any exercises for movements in the knee joint( flexion-extension, withdrawal-reduction) are useful, but they should be performed without burdening, from the sitting or lying position - to reduce the load on the cartilage.
Complex of exercises for gonarthrosis 1 degree. Click to enlarge
For the treatment of gonarthrosis, almost all methods of physiotherapy are used: laser, UHF, magnet, mud, ozocerite, balneotherapy( hydrotherapy), etc. Since there are no pronounced inflammatory changes at grade 1, the physician prescribes physiotherapy usually after confirmation of the diagnosis and recommends repeated coursesin 3-6 months.
Physiotherapy of the knee joint by laser
3. Folk methods of treatment
As an auxiliary treatment methods, folk remedies can be used. And at 1 degree, a weak pain in the knee can be completely eliminated only by them, without resorting to medications. Well help:
- warming in a hot bath or warmed salt in a linen bag;
- compresses with alcohol;
- rubbing with alcohol, turpentine.
Proper nutrition in gonarthrosis is directed, above all, to the correction of excess weight, as the main factor, weighting the course and accelerating the progress of the disease. To this end, appoint fractional meals( 4-5 times a day) in small portions with restriction of fats and digestible carbohydrates.
Also the menu is enriched with natural sources of cartilage tissue components( eat jelly, cold meat, meat-and-bone broth) and exclude irritating substances( alcohol, spicy, spicy and too salty dishes).This dietary advice is relevant, regardless, whether the patient has excess weight or not.
For the treatment of 1 degree of gonarthrosis used drugs from two main groups:
NSAIDs( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs),
Chondroprotectors are drugs that are most effective at the initial changes in cartilage. They prevent further destruction of the cartilaginous tissue and joint. To obtain the effect, chondroprotectors are used for long repeated courses. They are used inside and locally( applied to the skin around the joint).
At 1 degree, intraarticular administration of chondroprotectors is rarely prescribed.
Popular preparations: artra, structum, chondroxide, teraflex, don.
The main task of NSAIDs is to remove pain and signs of inflammation( swelling, etc.).But since pain is moderate at 1 degree of disease, and signs of inflammation are usually absent, NSAIDs are used in short courses for the purpose of anesthetizing exacerbations against the background of weather factors or heavy loads.
The use of drugs such as nimesulide( nimes, nimulide), ibuprofen( nurofen), diclofenac, indomethacin, meloxicam, etc.
Although the symptoms of grade 1 gonarthrosis are poorly expressed, the disease is very serious and requires complex treatment. Careful attitude to your health and joint care will prevent heavy damage to the joints, prolong their full functioning and help maintain physical activity.
Author: Svetlana Agrimeeva
Treatment of gonarthrosis( arthrosis of the knee joint) 1, 2, 3 degreesWhat is gonarthrosis? Knee joints can rightly be called the most loaded in the human body. The process of walking, as is known, is a fall, which prevents the second leg from setting. Thus, the knee joint( more precisely, the tibia) at every step experiences a load in the form of the weight of the complete human body( except the tibia of the standing leg).
Given the prevalence of obesity, which greatly increases the load on the articular cartilage, the lifting of various weights, which also contribute to the gradual destruction of the knee joints, one can understand why the dystrophic degenerative knee injury, called deforming gonarthrosis, occurs frequently, especially in adulthood and old age. Disability is often the outcome of gonarthrosis.
Stages of gonarthrosis
Treatment of gonarthrosis should be differentiated, depending on the stage of the disease:
- at the first stage of deformation of cartilage and articular bag does not happen, there is only swelling of soft tissues;
- the second stage develops, as a rule, after a few months. It manifests itself in the intensification of pain after minor loads and movements. It can be said that any movement hurts. To the pain has passed, you need a long rest. Osteoarthritis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree is still reversible with proper and timely treatment.
- Gonarthrosis of the third degree, in addition to functional disorders, is manifested by progressive destruction of the cartilaginous tissue. The pain arises even at rest. It is at this stage that the classic aching in the knees "on the weather" begins, there is a significant restriction of movement in the knees. This disease brings considerable suffering, and leads to disability.
How to treat arthrosis of the knee joint
Treatment of all diseases, and gonarthrosis in particular, is only three types:
- etiotropic, that is, aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease;
- pathogenetic, directed at one of the links in the development of the disease;
- is symptomatic, aimed at relieving suffering.
Only all these measures in a complex can give a stable positive result. Applicable to gonarthrosis, therapeutic intervention measures should be directed to:
- pain relief( improvement of quality of life) - NSAID group;
- improvement of trophism and restoration of the surface of articular cartilages - reparants( chondroprotectors);
- reduction of blood stagnation( ischemia) and improvement of blood circulation in the microcirculatory bed of the periarticular tissues and the joint bag - vitamins, massage, physiotherapy, local treatment;
- improvement in trophism of the muscles of the thigh and lower leg - exercise therapy.
In addition, with various arthrosis, treatment with folk remedies is quite effective: phytotherapy, deep warming.
The main groups of drugs used in the treatment of knee arthrosis
- NSAIDs are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Are non-hormonal. They are used to relieve acute pain. Therefore, they are used in the first place, since only after the withdrawal of the expressed pain syndrome other methods of treatment are possible. However, their administration should not be long, as it is possible to develop side effects, for example, such as NSAID-induced gastropathy.
In addition, relieving pain, taking these medications does not prevent further destruction of the joints, but only improves the quality of life. Representatives of this extensive group of drugs are such as nimesil, tselebrex, movalis, orthophene, voltaren and many others.
Modern NSAIDs( eg, meloxicam) cause few side effects, and are selective, that is, they exhibit selective, more precise action.
- Preparations protecting cartilage surfaces from destruction and helping to restore it - chondroprotectors. Their main active substances are chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine and hyaluronic acid( synviscus, fermatron).Simply put, these drugs contribute to the timely "lubrication" of the joint, the preservation of its biomechanical function, reducing friction and pain syndrome.
These drugs significantly help in the very beginning of the disease, as well as in the 2nd stage. If the cartilage does not already exist, then the best lubricant will be unable to restore the function. In addition, it has been shown to be effective only in intraarticular administration of the drug, only directly into the joint cavity( Don, Hondrolon, Elbon).
All tablets( Artra, Teraflex, etc.), which are so expensive, are in fact not more effective than a cold containing approximately the same compounds. The course of treatment with chondroprotective agents is quite long.
- Local treatment in the form of ointments, creams and applications on the surface of the knees. This is an extremely widespread method of treatment at all stages of the disease. They do not so much heal as they ease the condition and refer to the means of symptomatic therapy. Most often used ointments with a warming effect, able to improve blood circulation in the joint area. There are a lot of them: Nikoflex, Dolgit, Fastum-gel, Kapsikam, Finalgon and many others.
In the event that the synovitis has joined, that is, there is inflammation and effusion, it is impossible to warm. This can increase swelling of the inflammatory fluid in the joint cavity. In the event that there is effusion, it is possible to use intraarticular injections of hormonal preparations of long-term action( Kenalog, Diprospan) and their analogues.
Dimexid, penetrating through the skin, and bischofite have a good therapeutic( analgesic and anti-inflammatory) effect. Bishofit is an "oil brine" that accompanies the emergence of oil while drilling wells. It warms well and anesthetizes, if applied in applications and compresses.
- Of great importance are non-medicinal methods: medical gymnastics, physiotherapy, massage. Special exercises, especially in the pool, with reduced load, have a beneficial effect on the restoration of articular cartilage. Using the cane also reduces the load on the affected joint.
- Also an important component of complex therapy of gonarthrosis is a diet. Food should not be monotonous, it is necessary to exclude refined meat byproducts that can cause urine acid diathesis and the attachment of microcrystalline arthritis, which worsen the course of gonarthrosis.
Gonarthrosis. Causes and degrees of gonarthrosis. Treatment of gonarthrosis
What is gonarthrosis
Gonarthrosis( arthrosis of the knee joint, osteoarthrosis of the knee joint, deforming arthrosis of the knee joint) is a degenerative-dystrophic disease of the knee joint, characterized by progressive destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, deformation of the joint and a violation of its function. Gonarthrosis is widespread among elderly patients of , more often they suffer from women.
Reasons for gonarthrosis
Two main types of gonarthrosis are distinguished by pathogenesis. Primary or idiopathic gonarthrosis - the cause of the development of such an arthrosis is not known. Primary gonarthrosis is more common in elderly patients, mainly a bilateral process.
Secondary gonarthrosis - arthrosis of the knee joint, which arises as a result of the previous( or against the background) pathology of the knee joint ( knee joint injury , developmental disability, against infectious or systemic knee joint diseases, etc.).Secondary gonarthrosis occurs depending on the cause of its occurrence at almost any age, it is more often unilateral.
Stages of gonarthrosis
Clinically, there are 3 stages of gonarthrosis. The essence of the stages is to describe the clinical manifestations of the disease and the degree of disruption of the knee joint function.
First stage gonarthrosis is characterized by initial manifestations of the disease. Patients at this stage are periodically disturbed by dull pain, at the back of the knee joint that appears after a long walk or other load on the joints. Sometimes the knee joints swell, after which the symptoms themselves disappear. Knee joints are not deformed at this stage.
Gonarthrosis of the second stage of is characterized by an increase in the symptoms that appeared in the first stage. The pain syndrome becomes more prolonged and intense. Patients mark the appearance of a crunch in the joint with motion of the knee. Many complain of stiffness in the joints in the mornings, which passes after a short walk. At this stage, patients periodically use analgesics. There is an insignificant limitation of flexion and extension in the knee joint. The joint is enlarged in volume.
Gonarthrosis of the third stage of , is characterized by the greatest development of all the symptoms inherent in this disease. The pain syndrome acquires a practically constant character when walking and at rest. Often joint pain occurs when weather changes. Gait at this stage of the disease is severely impaired. Restrictions of movements in the joint are sharply outfitted. Visually the knee joint is enlarged in volume, deformed. There are X-shaped deformation of the knee joint - valgus and O-shaped deformation - varus.
Knee joint gonarthrosis of 1, 2 and 3 degrees: treatment, causes, symptomsWhat is it - gonarthrosis is a non-inflammatory disease of the knee that disrupts blood flow to the cartilage covering the joint surfaces of the femoral and / or tibialbones. As a result, the cartilage is destroyed, the parts of the bones begin to rub against each other, as a result of which they become denser and expand. This is often accompanied by inflammatory phenomena. Symptoms of the disease are due only to the above processes;calcium salts, if they are deposited in the joints, the cause of the pathology is not. Pathology most often develops in individuals 40 years and older, mainly women and people who are engaged in professional sports or having knee injuries. Articular cartilage does not regenerate, so the disease must be detected and treated early in the early stages.
Causes of gonarthrosisThe disease develops with a combination of several causes:
- fractures of the bones of the lower leg involving the knee joint;
- trauma of cartilage interlayers of the joint - meniscus;
- tears of knee joints;
- increasing the load on the joint - running, squatting, lifting weights from the vertical position of the body - after 40 years of age, especially if a person does not exercise regularly;
- excess weight
- joint inflammation( arthritis), which has a different - psoriatic, gouty, rheumatoid or reactive - etiology;
- genetically determined weakness of the ligamentous-capsular apparatus of the joint, due to which its looseness occurs;
- pathology of joint innervation, characteristic for craniocerebral and spinal cord injuries;
- metabolic disease.
- 1) Primary. It occurs against the background of full joint health( without pre-injury or inflammation).It is based on metabolic diseases, long reception of hormonal means, genetic predisposition of articular cartilage. The process is usually two-sided( although it can begin as one-sided).It develops more often in the elderly.
- 2) Secondary. Develops due to injuries, inflammations, tumors transferred to the joint operations. Can develop at any age. The process is usually one-sided.
Symptoms of gonarthrosis of the knee jointHow the disease manifests itself will depend on how far the degenerative process has progressed. Depending on this, three stages of the disease are distinguished, each of which has its own symptomatology. As a rule, the first degree of gonarthrosis of the knee joint is manifested by certain symptoms, which should be noted:
- a feeling of tightening under the knee;
- stiffness in the knee, which manifests itself after sleep, prolonged sitting or prolonged immobility of the joint;
- joint pain:
- arising during prolonged walking, squats, walking on stairs;
- aggravated after standing or physical exertion
- joint swelling may occur for a short time, passes by itself.
- joint pain becomes more intense, lasts longer. It disappears after rest.
- pain is felt inside the joint or on the inside of the knee.
- there is a crunching in the knee when walking.
- in the morning it is impossible to unbend the knee.
- closer to night and at night there are pains in calves.
- does not fully extend the leg.
- joint swells, acquires signs of initial deformation.
- 1) Joint pain constantly worries, regardless of physical activity of a person.
- 2) Pain syndrome increases with changing weather.
- 3) The mobility of the joint is limited, because of which the person limps.
- 4) The knee is enlarged in size and deformed. When the process progresses, the joint becomes an X-shaped or O-shaped.
Diagnosis of gonarthrosisIt is possible to suspect the presence of gonarthrosis of the knee in the patient already on the basis of his complaints and objective examination data. The diagnosis is confirmed with the help of such instrumental studies:
- 1) Radiography. This method may be uninformative at the first stage of the disease, but subsequently it visualizes the narrowing of the joint gap, the compaction of the bone area below the articular cartilage, the sharpening of the edges of the condyles.
- 2) Computed tomography of the joint. This is more expensive, but more informative( even at stage I) method based on x-ray radiation. Visualizes the joint itself and surrounding tissues in more detail and layer by layer.
- 3) Magnetic Resonance Tomography - a method based on a non-radiological, considered harmless radiation, which can be used for contraindications to CT.Also layer-by-layer displays the picture in the joint, but is more informative regarding the surrounding soft tissues.
- 4) Arthroscopy is an invasive technique for joint research when a fiber optic device is inserted into a hole made under local anesthesia, allowing a specialist to examine the joint from the inside.
- 5) Knee ultrasound is informative for the diagnosis of such complication of gonarthrosis as synovitis.
Treatment of gonarthrosis of the knee jointThe doctor involved in the treatment of this disease is an orthopedist. Medical treatment of the disease includes the following groups of drugs:
- 1) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medications: Voltaren, Celebrex, Rofika, Nimesil, Movalis.
- 2) Chondroprotectors: Artra, Arthron, Dona, Teraflex, Chondroitin Complex. These drugs are taken for at least six months in the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
- 3) Inside the joint with pronounced inflammatory phenomena, enter "Hydrocortisone" or "Kenalog" no more than 3 times.
- 4) The preparations of hyaluronic acid are shown, which must be inserted into the joint when the inflammatory phenomena in it abate: "Hyalurum", "Ostenil", "Sinocrom".These medications show a very good effect, they are administered only a few times, while having a fairly high cost.
- 5) Heating compresses with "Dimexide", "Bishofit", medical bile to improve the blood supply of the joint, increase the production of "lubricating" liquid in it.
- 6) The preparation on the basis of drawing from soya and avocado plants - "Piascladin" - has also established itself as an effective tool in the treatment of gonarthrosis of the knee joint. At the same time, the treatment course is not less than six months.
Physiotherapy for gonarthrosisIn an acute period a person needs to provide complete rest for the diseased knee. Then proceed to the gradual introduction into his regime of the day of physical exertion. Exercises are carried out in the position of the patient lying on his back, they consist mainly in lifting the straightened legs, keeping them in the raised position. It is important to perform exercises smoothly, carefully, so that they do not cause pain. Begin with 10 minutes, gradually, 2 minutes a day, increasing the duration of classes. Increase and the amplitude of movements, which should be selected by specialists individually for each.
How to cure gonarthrosis: folk methods and traditional therapy
- Accompanying events
The question of how to cure gonarthrosis is given to those who have encountered this unpleasant disease. Before starting therapy, you should consult a specialist, since only a doctor can accurately determine the diagnosis and make a plan for the necessary procedures. It is important to initially set the course of treatment to combat knee joint damage, so as not to harm your own health.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!A new means of restoring joints in 99% of subjects. The pain goes away 100%!Read more here - & gt;
Usually gonarthrosis affects elderly people, but sometimes it appears in younger people. The cause of it can be a metabolic disorder and a number of other factors. Any discomfort for a long time in the area of the knee is a signal about the need for urgent treatment in the hospital.
Treatment of gonarthrosis
The knee joint affected by the disease can not be returned to a healthy state, and gonarthrosis is one of incurable diseases, but therapy with it is necessary. First, it will ease the unpleasant feelings of the patient, and secondly, will help slow the course of the disease. The course of treatment of gonarthrosis involves the rejection of bad habits, a special diet and lifestyle.
There are several approaches to fighting with such a disease as gonarthrosis. After the diagnosis, the doctor will determine the stage of the disease( allocate 1, 2 and 3 degrees) and appoint the necessary medications and procedures. Self-medication prescription can aggravate the course of and complicate the recovery process. How and how to treat gonarthrosis, can only advise a specialist.
Traditional methods of treatment of gonarthrosis
The traditional methods of treating gonarthrosis include several: medicamentous, orthopedic and surgical. Which exactly way to fight the disease will work depends on the specific situation. Drug treatment implies the use of drugs, among which there are two groups:
- analgesics, anti-inflammatory;
- chondroprotectors( for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue).
These drugs can be used in various forms: in the form of tablets, injections, creams and gels.
Orthopedic treatment is characterized by the use of devices that can reduce the burden on the knee, affected by the disease. If the patient, for example, bilateral bilateral gonarthrosis of 2 degrees - treatment without orthosis - special hard knee pads, suitable insoles for shoes and canes is impossible.
In case of exacerbation of the disease or access to a doctor in the late stages of gonarthrosis, surgical intervention is used. Endoprosthetics is an operation to replace a joint or its parts with artificial joints. A similar procedure can be performed in the absence of such a concomitant disease as osteoporosis.
There are many tools and methods that describe the treatment of gonarthrosis with folk remedies. The use of these recipes can complement the scheme prescribed by the doctor. It should be remembered that with this ailment it is necessary to fight under the supervision of doctors, and the properties of natural herbs and minerals help to relieve pain syndrome only.
The most effective means for internal application are herbal tea from black beans, infusion with the addition of lemon and garlic, as well as a decoction of bones prepared on the principle of a cold. Salads and soups can be added to the lice, which normalizes metabolism. No less useful is a special infusion of this herb that alleviates the symptoms that are characteristic of joint diseases.
If the patient has left-sided or right-sided gonarthrosis - treatment with honey will greatly alleviate the symptoms. This product can be both an independent means for rubbing the patient area, and the basis for compresses. Clay compresses are no less effective. To remove inflammation in gonarthrosis will help and camphor oil, the mood of dandelion flowers, decoction from Jerusalem artichoke.
Specificity of treatment depending on the degree of
Since it is impossible to detect symptoms of the disease at an early stage, treatment of grade 1 gonarthrosis is difficult. Minor unpleasant sensations can occur sometimes in the mornings and after a long walk, the crunch of the knee joint is also characteristic. At the first symptoms it is necessary immediately to address to the doctor, after all treatment by national means gonartroz 1 degrees is inefficient.
The gonarthrosis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree has more serious manifestations. The pain manifests itself constantly after sleep and under stress, external deformation of the knee occurs. Treatment of gonarthrosis of 2 degrees involves the use of vasodilator drugs and chondroprotectors.3 degree of ailment is characterized by constant cutting pain and immobilizes a person. Treatment of gonarthrosis of the 3rd degree is carried out in a complex manner.
In addition to drug treatment, gonarthrosis is mandatory for a number of related activities aimed at restoring and maintaining the efficiency of knee joints. The following procedures can be distinguished: