Special gymnastics for treatment of osteochondrosis
The most accessible and active method of treatment are physical exercises, which are aimed at unloading the spine and strengthening the muscular corset.
Best gymnastics are recommended in the morning. Gymnastic complexes should be introduced into the system. Only in this case, therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis will give good results: pain will disappear, coordinated movements will appear, and overall well-being will improve.
Complex of exercises
Position: lying on the back. You can perform in the morning without getting out of bed on a hard mattress.
- Bend your knees and press them against each other, put your feet together. Spread your knees with effort, as if overcoming an obstacle. Then, lower your knees.
- Grasp the back of the bed and lift the straight legs. Gradually increase the number of repetitions with each lesson. You can start with 10 times.
Exercise for muscle tension
Get on all fours with an emphasis on the forearm. The back should be straight. Slowly lower your head, trying to press your chin against your chest. Fix this position before the drawing of pain.
Exercises in standing position
- Place your right hand under your chin, your left behind your back. Slowly turn the body to the left, twisting the spine as much as possible until the pain is painful. Lock the position. Change the position of the hands and execute also on the right side. Repeat 3 times for each side.
- Keep your straight, divorced arms at chest level. Slowly and smoothly, try to bend your back, trying to keep the shoulder blades. Repeat 3 times. This exercise can be performed from a sitting or lying position.
Complexes of exercises for the neck
This gym is recommended for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The number of repetitions is 5 times for each exercise.
- Lie down on your side, raise your head and fix the position, counting to five.
- Lying on the stomach, hands on the back of the head, closed in the lock. Raise your head slowly, at the same time, with resistance with your hands.
- Lie on your back with a hard pillow under your head. Press the back of the head on the pillow and fix the head in this position for 5 seconds. Breathing should be arbitrary.
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis of the spine
For those with sedentary work, it is recommended to perform the following set of exercises:
- Lean on the back of the chair, put your hands behind your head. On inhalation, strongly bend backwards. Start with 3 times.
- Breathe deeply, raise your hands up and stretch your fingertips to the ceiling.
- Slowly lift your shoulders, trying to reach your ears. Then slowly lower your shoulders as far as possible. Breath deep.
- Slowly roll the head from right to left and back.
- Perform sitting slopes to the sides. Try to touch the hands of the floor.
- Lean your hands on a chair and alternately lift that one or the other leg.
To strengthen the spine in the cervical region, you can perform a self-massage after the gym. For the treatment of osteochondrosis, it is recommended to include exercises to relax the muscles.
- Snap your fingers on the back of your head and push it down, as if overcoming resistance. Then put your hands down.
- Press brushes on the temples and take a deep breath. On exhalation, lower your arms and "drop" your head on your chest.
- Maximize the vanes, fix the position and then relax the muscles.
Performing these exercises every 3 hours, you can prevent the development of osteochondrosis, relieve muscle tension and pain.
Complexes of exercises for the back
This gymnastics for the back can be included in the complex of morning exercises.
- Standing, hands on hips. Tilt your head in different directions, without tipping it back. Slopes should be slow.
- From the same position, follow the movements of the pelvis back and forth, fixing the trunk for 2-3 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- From the same position, arch the back as much as possible. Then, bend the back and fix the position. You can perform 20 times.
- Lie on your back and pull your bent knees as far as your belly. Breathing is arbitrary.
Exercises for lumbar spine
Therapeutic exercises allow you to restore the flexibility of the spine.
Recommended exercises for the lumbar department
- Running standing. In each side, make movements with a pelvis 10 times. At runtime, keep your back straight.
- Get on your knees with an emphasis on straight hands. On inhaling, slowly raise both your right leg and your left arm. Fix the pose for 5 seconds and slowly lower it. Do the same with the left foot and right hand. Gradually bring the hold time to 1 minute.
- From the same position on inhalation turn to the right, on exhalation return to the starting position. Do the same movement to the left. With time, increase the amplitude of movements.
Exercises on the crossbar
This complex of exercise therapy is very effective for osteochondrosis of the 2nd degree. Exercises in the vise, hands on the width of the shoulders.
- Perform the movements with your feet to the sides, then together, forward and backward.
- Bend your knees. Start with 10 times.
- Reject your head and bend.
- Feet your legs and make turns with your torso.
- Perform circular motions with your feet.
- Pull your knees closed to your stomach.
- Raise your straight legs and hold them at an angle a few seconds.
- In conclusion, follow Exercise # 1.
Do not perform all of the suggested exercises. You can choose several that suit you. The load on the spine in the first sessions should be minimal. The amplitude of movements and load is increased gradually.
Physiotherapy and gymnastics for osteochondrosis
Complete treatment of osteochondrosis is impossible without carrying out physical doses on various anatomical areas - neck, back, waist, limbs. Moreover, therapeutic exercise with osteochondrosis is no less important than drug treatment, massage and physiotherapy procedures, manual therapy.
General provisions of
As a result of systematic exercises carried out by a special method, the following effects develop in the patient's osteochondrosis:
- Strengthens the muscular frame
- Stays the spine
- Relaxes the pathologically strained muscles of the back and neck
- Intervertebral spaces widen, which leads to the release of strangulated nerves
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates the work of internal organs
- Increases protective forcess organism
- Improves the emotional state of the patient.
Exercises for osteochondrosis are different according to the method of implementation, the volume of movements, the duration of the procedure, and depend on the localization, stage and complications of osteochondrosis. Nevertheless, the basic principles of exercise therapy for various types of osteochondrosis are universal.
According to these principles:
- All exercises should be carried out in a well-ventilated, clean and lighted room.
- The body should be cleaned and clothes clean and spacious, made of natural cotton fabrics.
- . During the exercise, there should be no extraneous stimuli in the form of loud sounds, too bright lights, vibration
- Movement during the exercise should be smooth, without jumping, jerking, jerking
- Before carrying out the exercises it is desirable to count the pulse, respiratory gaitzheny, blood pressure measurement. The same is done after the termination of the loads.
- The load should be increased gradually, with the emergence and intensification of pain, exercise therapy stops
- All elements are carried out on inspiration, the initial position is taken on an exhalation.
- Only those physical exercises that are recommended by a physiotherapist
- are performed. All exercises should be performed regularly.
In some categories of persons, the risk of developing osteochondrosis is particularly high. First of all, they are workers of the so-called.sedentary work - drivers, programmers, office employees, as well as schoolchildren, students. As you know, any pathology is easier to prevent than treat. Simple, but regular and effective gymnastics will sufficiently allow to prevent the degeneration of cartilage of intervertebral discs.
- Vis on the crossbar. Under the influence of its own weight, the spine is stretched axially, thereby widening the gaps between the vertebrae of the
- . For obvious reasons, this exercise can not be performed by all. An alternative to climbing on a crossbar is walking on all fours with a back and back bending, as animals do. The fact is that osteochondrosis is the "privilege" of man, in animals this pathology does not exist. To a large extent this is explained by the way the four limbs move.
- Deflections of the spine in the back, standing, resembling stretching after sleep. The effect is similar to the previous exercises.
- On your knees, put your hands on the floor and bend your back in the spine like a penknife, and then straighten up
- In the supine position on your back, clasp your knees bent at the knees, then pull your legs to the stomach.
- Sitting on a chair,seat, alternately lift bent at the knee and hip joints legs.
In case of an already developed osteochondrosis with different localization, the exercises are performed according to a certain technique. In case of cervical osteochondrosis, the following exercises are shown:
- In the prone position on the side, slightly raise the head, and hold it in this position on the score to 5. This exercise is repeated 4-6 times.
- In the supine position, put your hands on the occipital region. Then raise your head while simultaneously resisting with the hands placed on the back of the head
- Lying on your back, put a hard pillow under your head. Then rhythmically press your head on the pillow 5-6 times.
- Sitting in a chair with arms outstretched, turn the head to the extreme left and rightmost position. Each turn will repeat 5-10 times.
- In the same position, press the chin to the chest as much as possible. The quantity is the same - 5-10 times.
- Put the palm on the forehead. Trying to overcome the resistance of the palm, tilt your head forward. Then perform similar movements with the head tilted to the side when the palm rest in the temporal region.
Thoracic and lumbar
Anatomical areas of the back and waist include large muscle massifs. Accordingly, physical education for osteochondrosis of the thoracic and lumbar regions should be carried out with greater loads than with osteochondrosis of the neck.
- Position sitting on a chair with a high back. Put your hands on the back of your head, and carry out the deflection of the spine so that it snuggles against the upper edge of the back of the chair. In this position, bend back and lean forward.
- Lie back on a flat, hard surface. Place a 10 cm diameter roll under your back. Bend the back so that it rises in the thoracic region above the level of the
- roller. Lie on your back with your arms stretched out along the trunk. Keeping your legs in a level position, try to lift the upper part of the trunk.
- Get on your knees before any support. Put on the support arms and head, then bend your back in the direction upwards, and then downward.
- Lie on your stomach with your hands and feet slightly apart. In such a situation, try to raise your legs one by one in the floor.
- Position on the knees with palm rest in the floor. In this position, lift unlike limbs, for example, the right arm and left leg. Then, in the same way, the left arm and the right leg.
Postisometric relaxationWe advise you to read: Useful charge for cervical osteochondrosis
The essence of this method is as follows. As is known, osteochondrosis of the spine is often accompanied by pathological tension of various muscle groups. During this process, the physiological balance of tension-relaxation is disturbed. Therapeutic exercise in the osteochondrosis of the spine in this case assumes a uniform stretching of the pathologically strained muscle, after which the same uniform relaxation occurs reflexively.
Here are some of the most effective exercises in this regard.
- Lie flat on your back. On the side where pain is noted, the hand lies on the back so that the shoulder girdle is motionless. And place the palm of the other hand on the temple and the back of the head, wrapping around the most painful part of the neck. At the same time, put the elbow aside. Manipulating the elbow, you can strain and relax the neck muscles.
- Sitting with a straight back and with a slightly bent neck, raise your arms up. Then bend your arms in the elbows and put one on the other with your forearms. At the same time, grab your elbows with your hands. During an inspiration, raise your head up, and along with it, raise your elbows. Musculature of the shoulder girdle should participate in these movements. After that, take the starting position, with your hands down.
- In the supine position, place the pillow under your back so that the head loosens freely. Then the head should be deployed in the direction opposite to the pain. In this position, looking at the legs, try to lift the head and keep the muscles stretched for a few seconds, then take the starting position.
In conclusion, it should be noted that all elements of postisometric relaxation, as well as other exercises for osteochondrosis, should be performed on the recommendation and under the supervision of a physician-specialist in physiotherapy exercises. Otherwise, instead of positive results, one can come to deplorable consequences.
LFK - a method of therapy, against the osteochondrosis of the waist
Therapeutic gymnastics has proved itself as a highly effective therapeutic technique against osteochondrosis lesions of the sacrum and waist.loading. ..
This kind of exercise influences the cause of the development of pathological processes and removes symptomatic manifestations of the disease.
The need for exercise therapy for lumbar osteochondrosis of the spine
As it is known, osteochondrosis develops due to the violation of the metabolic processes. Regular exercise of exercise therapy affects these disorders, eliminating them.
The result of such actions is the stimulation of metabolic and the reduction of the intensity of pathological processes, the restoration of disk feeding, etc.The metabolic disturbances leading to osteochondrosis are caused by muscle weakness, vertebral injuries, lack of mobility, heavy load, impaired posture, various pathological conditions, etc. Almost all of these factorsare eliminated with the help of exercise therapy.
The main thing is to approach the selection of exercises correctly, to dose the load, to follow the recommendations for the performance of athletic elements. Then the patient will be able to achieve significant improvements in the state.
Important principles for the implementation of
You do not need to start classes on your own. Appoint procedures for exercise should a specialist after the examination, taking into account contraindications to a similar therapeutic technique.
To exercise the exercise therapy without harming the patient, you need to observe some conventions:
- Training should be held at a slow pace, it is desirable to focus on each exercise, performing its smooth mode;
- In the process of the exercise, it is necessary to control the sensation; when pain occurs, the charge should be immediately stopped;
- In case of exacerbation, first of all, get rid of the pain syndrome, for this purpose it is recommended to perform gentle movements that will support the spine of the patient;
- When a remission period is reached, it is recommended to perform daily exercises. If, however, the exacerbation of pathology continues, then it is necessary to wait for relief of soreness and improvement of general condition;
- When performing the elements of exercise therapy it is necessary to avoid sharp slopes, lunges or turns of the trunk. Such actions can cause attacks of soreness, up to the deterioration of the patient's general condition;
- To supplement the complex of occupations with new elements it is necessary gradually and with the approval of the doctor, the intensity of the exercise therapy should also be under control;
- It is necessary to breathe during the procedure calmly, smoothly;
- If the symptomatology is markedly increased, it is necessary to give up lessons. Later, you can try again, after making the movement that brought pain, but only with less intensity. In case of repeated occurrence of pain syndrome, it is necessary to exclude this element from the daily complex of exercise therapy;
- It is very useful to perform vises( 30-second or one-minute) without touching the floor with your feet. This exercise can be done on a bar or a horizontal bar. It helps in eliminating the neural-radicular pinch, which allows you to get rid of the pain syndrome. Another useful feature of hanging exercises is the correct posture that they form;
- The optimal option is to consistently alternate dynamic and static elements, then the effectiveness of exercise therapy will be significantly higher;
- To avoid improper performance of the elements of exercise therapy, it is recommended that the first training be conducted under the guidance of a qualified instructor, then you can start independent studies.
Positive effect of
It is worthwhile to prepare in advance, as LFK does not give immediate result. To achieve lasting effectiveness, it is necessary to engage in daily activities, only then, after some time, exercise therapy will provide proper action. Some patients start to feel better after the first training.loading. ..
In general, regular exercises of exercise therapy provide the following result:
- Weight reduction of the patient, which reduces the load on his vertebrae;
- Correction of posture, due to which the excessive influence on the vertebral column decreases. If you always keep your back properly, this will save you from muscle spasms and reduce the likelihood of injury;
- Increased mobility in the affected vertebrae;
- Blood supply and supply of lymphatic fluid to the lumbar zone significantly improves, which ultimately leads to a reduction in the rehabilitation period and the restoration of the processes of material exchange;
- Increased muscle elasticity and strength, which improve the support of the vertebral system and reduce the load on it.
Physiotherapy in the acute period
Usually, patients during exacerbation of lumbar osteochondrosis lesions are shown to be in bed. Therefore, the elements of exercise therapy are used to improve overall health. They are made lying in bed on an orthopedic mattress or on the floor.
It is necessary to execute 10 repetitions of each element:
- Maximum strongly stick out the belly when inhaling and deeply draw it in with exhalation;
- Pull out the upper and lower limbs, sitting comfortably on the back. Deeply breathing, bend his arms in the elbows and exhale at their extension;
- Perform the exercise "Frog" - take your knees to the sides in turn( right, then left);
- Pull the legs, bent at the knees, alternately to the stomach. When performing, it is required to control one's sensations, reducing the amplitude of movements in the event of pain;
- Alternately smoothly take your legs apart, resting your other foot on the bed, while you need to bend it in the knee.
At this time, there is some improvement in the condition, soreness relaxes, and motor abilities are increased. Therefore, it is possible to diversify classes with more dynamic elements:
- It is necessary to bend both legs in the knees and, resting on them with the bed, to raise the lumbosacral zone;
- Relaxation-tension of the muscles of the buttocks;
- Bend your knees in the knees and alternately raise your legs up. If suddenly there is soreness, then the limbs can be raised not to the end;
- Perform the exercise "Cat", assuming the arching of the back from the position on all fours.
During the remission of
This stage of development of pathology makes it possible to supplement exercise therapy with a mass of effective exercises that involve an increase in the load due to the complication of the gymnastic elements.
The main condition of such training is the absence of overload and strict control over the sensations. Such charging should not bring pain, as it can cause serious exacerbations.
Training may include the following elements:
- From the lying position on the side, it is necessary to pull the upper leg up to the maximum possible stop, thereby stretching the lumbar muscles;
- From the position on all fours alternately raise your legs, pulling your toe, trying to feel the stretching of the muscles in the thigh and lower back;At the same time it is necessary to bend in the zone of the sacrum and waist;
- It is necessary to sit on the bent legs so that the heels touch the buttock zone, while lifting your arms above your head and grappling your fingers. The essence of the exercise is rolling from the left buttock to the right and back;
- Lean, touching the toes with your hands, at the same time you should try to squeeze the chest to the feet.
Complex exercises on fitbole
In modern fitness halls have long been used such a gymnastic projectile as fitball. He can help in the elimination of osteochondrosis lumbosacral lesions:
- Lay down on the fitball with the femoral zone, and with hands to rest on the floor - the essence of the exercise in performing push-ups from this position;
- To lie down with the zone of the stomach on the fitball, while at the same time spreading your hands to the sides and at the same time trying to raise the trunk to the maximum possible height;
- Lying on the fitball( abdomen) relax the lower limbs, dangling them to the floor. On exhalation try to raise your feet to a height exceeding the parameters of the ball. Depending on the sensations, you can lift your legs alternately or simultaneously.
How to register for classes
It is very easy to enroll in a physical exercise class, but first you need to undergo a full diagnostic examination, and only then with all the analyzes and conclusions you can go to a physiotherapist.
Specialist will compare the severity of the clinical picture, determine the stage of the disease, and on the basis of these data will draw conclusions about the possibility to exercise, exercise, determine the degree of exercise, pick up the necessary elements, etc.When you receive a permit for exercise therapy, the expert will conduct several demonstration-traininglessons. And then the patient will be able to perform them independently.
Medical workers of this qualification are present in every medical center practicing anti-osteochondrosis therapy.
It will take a long time to get a lasting effect, and the first significant achievements will appear after a minimum of 4 weeks.
But after half a year of regular training the results are fixed, but to permanently retain them, the patient will have to deal with daily throughout life.
Video LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone:loading. .. Liked the article? Share with your friends in social networks: Facebook
Treatment with the help of the exercise therapy of vertebral hernia
The spine serves as a supporting post for the whole body, as it undergoes all the stresses that a person encounters during a lifetime.loading. ..
One of the unpleasant and painful vertebral states is the vertebral hernia, which, when neglected, can deprive a person of the joys of movement.
Complex therapy involves the use of physical exercises, and this direction is considered the main component of therapy.
Herniated processes are manifested by the displacement of the disc in the spinal canal. Characteristic for hernia pain in the initial stages can still be eliminated with the help of medicinal preparations, but these medicines do not provide a therapeutic effect, providing only temporary relief.
If the approach to treatment of a hernia is wrong, hernial processes are aggravated, pathology progresses, complications develop. To prevent this from happening, resort to daily exercise therapy.
The main tasks of exercise therapy for spinal hernia
Herniation processes occur in those vertebrae that are characterized by increased activity.Against the background of weakness of muscle tissues due to lack of mobility and hypodynamia, a hernial protrusion develops in these areas. Muscular weakness can develop and against the background of osteochondrosis lesions, obesity, age-related changes in tissues, etc.
Based on these reasons, the complex of tasks pursued by exercise therapy is formed:
- Elimination of muscle spasms developing as a protective barrier, these spasms contribute to a malnutritionand posture;
- Strengthening of deeply lying spinal muscular tissues in order to eliminate vertebral mobility;
- Restoring a level posture;
- Spinal column sprain to increase interdisk distance;
- Prevention of nerve pincers and development of complications of hernial processes;
- Restoration of real exchange and blood supply processes.
Rules of physical education
If there are no contraindications( chronic, exacerbation, pronounced tenderness, etc.), then medical-gymnastic training is shown, which together with physiotherapeutic procedures provide 100% therapeutic results.Downloads. ..
Therapeutic processes last quite a long time, so do not expect an immediate result.
In addition, the effectiveness of exercise therapy is largely determined by compliance with certain rules:
- Hernial protrusions are able to form in any department and on either side of the spine. Because of this, it is necessary to monitor your feelings, if there is pain in any movement, immediately discard it. Correctly selected medical-gymnastic elements should cause a feeling of pleasant fatigue;
- The complex should start with the easiest movements, with time the intensity and load increase;
- In the first few days you can not make sharp elements, twisting, jumping, so as not to injure the vertebrae;
- You can not deal with acute pain syndrome, you must first eliminate soreness and only then start training;
- The result will not be immediate, it should take several months, during which the exercises will gradually restore blood supply, increase the strength of muscle tissue and stretch the spine;
- To be engaged in selection of the necessary therapeutic LFK-complex should be a specialist-rehabilitologist.
Complexes of medical exercises
Regular exercise therapy allows you to restore the former strength of muscle tissue and motor coordination, thanks to the analgesic effect of endorphins, the emotional and psychological background for the better changes in the patients.For each department, individual medical-physical elements have been developed, which should be done regularly for maximum benefit.
For the neck department of
Herniated processes in the cervical vertebra often become the culprits of causeless headaches, sudden changes in pressure, dizziness.
With such a localization of protrusions, it is necessary to do such exercise therapy elements:
- Sit up straight, align the back. Carry out turns with your head to the stop, freeze, then relax;
- Sitting, having relaxed his straight back, to make head bows forward to the full stop with his chin in the chest;
- Sitting directly in a deep breath and throwing back his head, as if looking at the ceiling. Fix for a few seconds and go back;
- Sitting with a straight back perform the head inclines to the sides, as if laying your head on your right or left shoulder. To fix it for a while, then go back.
Do not tolerate any painful manifestations, as such symptoms can trigger a cerebral circulation disorder, cause sequestration of , etc.
Herniated protrusions between the thoracic vertebrae are quite rare, which does not detract from the danger of this pathology and does not reducepain symptomatology, characteristic of such an ailment.
For such lesions, LFK elements like:
- are recommended. Diaphragmatic respiration;
- Head lifts from a lying position together with the tension of the muscle tissues of the press;
- Performing bends upwards from the pose "on all fours";
- Swings the press in the usual way;
- Raises the legs from a lying position on the abdomen;
- Pushing the legs to the chest from a horizontal position;
- Lifting the torso on the stomach.
Daily workouts can help ease symptoms and eliminate soreness.
Lumbosacral hernia is accompanied by soreness, sensitivity disorders, reflex limb disorders, muscle exhaustion, etc.
For the reduction of symptoms, the following movements are recommended:
- Having adopted a horizontal position, it is necessary to extend the limbs along the trunk. Perform slow lifting of the pelvic area, resting with the feet and shoulder blades on the floor. To die at the top, and then relax. First, raise the pelvis by 10-15 cm, then increase it to 20 cm. In addition, increase the time, which should be frozen at the maximum upper point;
- Having located horizontally on the floor, pull the knees to the chest and tightly clasp them so that there is some tension in the spine;
- Get on your knees, then sit down, placing your buttocks on your heels. Do the stretching forward with your hands until your chest is on your knees. And the buttocks should not be torn from the heels, and the heels - from the floor;
- Having arranged horizontally to bend feet. Do the head lifts while pulling your hands forward. After rising about 20 cm, stand for half a minute, then go back.
Photo of LFK in hernia of lumbar spine
Doing medical-physical complexes, do not forget about contraindications. LFK-trainings are contraindicated in malignant formations and inadequate blood supply to the brain, thrombosis, progressive cardiac pathologies, etc.
In addition, training should be done on a regular basis, complicating and expanding the complex with new movements.As rehabilitation practice shows, an adequately selected exercise program can prolong the asymptomatic stage of hernial processes for decades.
Video-exercise therapy for the prevention of hernia in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine:loading. .. Like the article? Share with friends on social networks: Facebook
LFK or exercise therapy for lumbar osteochondrosis( video, photo)
Why the spine ofis affected
The spine is an important part of the skeleton that connects the main body parts to each other. Due to this, the load on it increases. Most of it falls on the lumbar region, so he is first hit. Osteochondrosis is manifested by thinning of intervertebral cartilaginous discs, which cause the flexibility of the axis of our body. At the same time, the spine nerve roots located between the vertebrae are compressed, damaged and, in response, inflamed. As a result of inflammation, edema develops, which compresses nerves even more. As a result of all this, a person feels severe pain, stiffness of the muscles, a violation of skin sensitivity - all signs of damage to the conducting nervous tissue.
When localizing the process in the lumbar region, in addition to pain, weakness in the lower extremities, violations of acts of defecation, urination, paresthesia in the legs, lower back, groin may occur.
The main methods of treating this condition
There is a huge amount of drugs of various groups that are created to eliminate the symptoms and manifestations of such a disease as lumbar osteochondrosis. The main tactic of doctors is slowing down the processes of destruction of cartilage and reducing manifestations of inflammation:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are most often recommended as a first-line remedy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
- Chondroprotectors slow down the destruction of the intervertebral disc cartilage.
- Vitamins repair damaged nerves.
However, the best method of treating conditions, such as lumbar osteochondrosis, is exercise therapy. Its advantages are unquestionably superior to medical therapy:
- This therapeutic procedure contributes to the overall improvement of the body.
- With the right approach to exercise therapy, this type of treatment will not have side effects and undesirable effects, which is rich in pharmaceutical preparations.
- The effect of such procedures is very long, with regular exercises such a problem as lumbar osteochondrosis will not remind you more of itself.
What kind of charging is necessary for this pathology
Therapeutic exercise in the osteochondrosis of the lumbar region can be divided into several groups. The first group includes a set of exercises that should be used during the period of exacerbation of the disease. It is important to get medical advice - a sharp pain in the back can be a consequence of more dangerous processes than lumbar osteochondrosis. Therefore, it is necessary to confirm the diagnosis before beginning the exercise therapy, otherwise it can be even more harmful. The second group of exercises is used with less severe symptoms - when excessively sudden movements cause pain, but usually the back does not hurt. Here it is necessary to mention the second nuance of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis - you can not do an exercise when it brings pain. In this case, the amplitude of the movement or load should be reduced.
The third set of exercises is used by people who have osteochondrosis of the lumbar region in the stage of deep remission. It can also be used to prevent all older people. At a younger age for prevention, you can use any type of charging, aimed at strengthening the muscles of the back. A well developed muscular case of the spine is the most reliable support for the body and guarantees the absence of disease.
What should I do before the beginning of the course?
If there are manifestations of such a disease as osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, then do not immediately start exercise therapy. The treatment procedure can be harmful if the approach is incorrect. First you need to see a doctor, take the necessary tests to confirm the diagnosis. After this, together with the medical expert to discuss the approximate plan of the exercises, after his approval by the doctor to start exercise therapy.
The room for classes should be spacious and well ventilated. You may need a small mat or mat, as well as a cushion and a gym bench. LFK can be practiced as a regular exercise every morning - in some cases this will only benefit.
The first group of exercises - the acute period of the disease
This part of the exercises can be carried out in bed - during an exacerbation of osteochondrosis a person can be very difficult to move. All exercises should be done in moderation, slowly, the number of repetitions - 8-12 times. If the reception causes pain, you must exclude it.
- Lying on the back, we put the roller under the shin and produce the flexion and extension of the feet;
- After this, bend the right leg in the knee, and the left heel slides on the bed, bending and unbending the left leg. Then the same is done with the right foot;
- We pass to hands - we make lifting and lowering of the upper limbs lying on the back;
- With the left leg bent, take the right side aside. Then we change;
- Put your fingers on your shoulders and rotate your elbows;
- We rely on the roller hips, slowly straighten the legs in the knees - first in turn, then both at once. Care is needed - with severe osteochondrosis this can cause severe pain.
- In each specific case, the physician-physiotherapist can prescribe additional procedures for exercise therapy. But this charging is the base for alleviating such a condition as lumbar spine osteochondrosis.
The second group of exercises - the first weeks after the exacerbation of
During this period most of the exercises are done in the supine position, but you can already turn over on the stomach. This complex is aimed at an early recovery, elimination of the effects of inflammation and edema in osteochondrosis. The basic principle is the same - you should not suffer pain when doing any movement, the entire charge should be painless.
- We start the complex with the implementation of a program used for therapy in an acute period. It will serve as a kind of warm-up;
- With your hands, you pull your left leg on your back to your stomach. Slowly and carefully raise - lower the right leg. Then repeat the same for the left limb;
- Drawing on the shoulder blades and legs, lift the body to the detachment from the surface of the sacral region;
- Bending and spreading our legs, raise the head and shoulder belt, fix this position for a few seconds, then lower it;
- Strain gluteal muscles for 10-12 seconds - with osteochondrosis it improves the flow of blood to the affected tissues;
- Leaning on your knees, lean forward and reach out to the floor. Then we sit on the heels, without lifting the brush from the surface;
- Standing on all fours, we produce the bending of the spine up and down;
- Lying on his stomach, spreading his hands to the sides, we lift our shoulders and head above the bed for a few seconds;
- Also on the abdomen, alternately bend and unbend legs in the knees.
- In this period it is important not to overdo it, as it can provoke an exacerbation of the disease.
The third group of exercises - during the remission of
This type of charging is especially important, because it is aimed at strengthening the spine and preventing the pathological process in osteochondrosis. At this time, attention should be paid not only to the exercise of exercise therapy, but also to maintaining proper posture when walking and standing. It is necessary to avoid supercooling of the waist, lifting of heavy loads.
- Standing at a distance of 40 cm from the wall, it is necessary to lean against it with the area of the humerus of the back. After this, bend the back so that the sacral area is pressed against the wall and away from it;
- At this time, you can already do on the gym wall or stairs. It is necessary to hang on your hands with your back to the wall and perform flexion and extension of the legs;
- Settling against the wall in front, you need to hang on outstretched hands, resting and bending your legs on one of the steps;
- The tension of the abdominal press by lifting the trunk from the prone position has a good effect. But it must be done carefully;
- Lying on your back, raise your right foot and touch your lower leg with your left hand.
The remission of this disease is favorable for a large number of different exercises. Only it is necessary to observe the principle - maximum mobility of the lumbar spine with minimal vertical loads. Then any exercise will only strengthen health and prevent a new exacerbation.
Lumbosacral osteochondrosis - prevention and treatment!
The lumbar spine is the most mobile and sensitive area of the back. It consists of 5 vertebrae, which connect the sacrum with the thoracic region, and which take heavy loads, regardless of human activity. Even in a quiet position, our waist is working! Therefore, lumbosacral osteochondrosis( see photo) occurs very often and, in the absence of treatment, can lead to various complications: both severe and irreversible! So how to cure lumbar osteochondrosis? Let's understand together:
Causes of osteochondrosis of lumbar
- metabolic disorder,
- excess weight in humans,
- regular weight lifting,
- professional sporting activity,
- low activity lifestyle,
- deformation posture, stoop,
- back injury,
- incorrect performance of physical exertion,
- malnutrition, day regimen,
- stress, fatigue, lack of sleep,
- inflammation of the joints,
- genetic features of the structure of the spine discs.
As you can see, osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine can arise for various reasons, and the age of a person can also influence its progressive development. Over the years, intervertebral discs and vertebrae lose their elasticity, mobility, become less elastic, which leads to deformities, injuries and other diseases of the spine. Already today, osteochondrosis is found not only in the elderly, but also in young people - 25-30 years!
Symptoms of lumbar spine
The primary and most basic symptom of lumbar osteochondrosis is regular pain in the lumbar region. They can arise as spontaneously with any movement, without movements, and exclusively after the physical loads.then local pain( only in the lumbar region) or pain extending from the waist up the back. Also, pain can be given to the legs, to the buttocks.
In case of a severe course of the disease, when it progresses, the following signs of lumbar osteochondrosis appear: symptoms of pain during sneezing, coughing, stiffness of the movements, the back loses mobility, the slopes and turns are hard to perform. In addition, general health deteriorates: fatigue, irritability, weakness, insomnia. ...Thus, the patient generally reduces his mobility, up to the inability to provide his own needs.
Another possible manifestation of lumbar osteochondrosis may be a disruption of the normal functioning of the genitourinary system of the body. There are pain, discomfort in the kidneys, with urination.
If the disease affects the sacral region of the spinal column, the patient feels a sharp deterioration. This is mainly due to the inflammation of the sciatic nerve, which causes acute pain syndromes and a significant limitation of mobility.
How to treat lumbar osteochondrosis?
The basis of all treatment and recovery lies in the conservative method of treating the lumbar spine, which consists in the complete arrest of the development of the disease and in the gradual return of the spine to the natural position. This refers to the physical activity of the patient, his daily practice of therapeutic gymnastics, physical education and other physical procedures, which appoint a specialist doctor! In addition, you will have to change your everyday habits, your way of life, and the daily schedule, writing in it the time to conduct therapeutic exercises.
Why is exercise therapy for osteochondrosis lumbar? It's simple: it's the physical exercises that help restore muscle health and the elasticity of the entire muscle corset back! With such muscles, your back will be flat, the spine will not be overextended, the vertebral discs will retain their integrity or cease to collapse, and the disease will recede or not start at all!
Exercises, LUTS, gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar department: video
For more rapid rehabilitation, complex treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis is prescribed. In addition to LCF, it includes additional methods of treatment. For example, massage, stretching, special diet, manual therapy. ...As a rule, the osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral canal is treated for 2-3 months, and if improvement does not occur, the surgical method( operation) is used. Especially appropriate surgical intervention in such complications of osteochondrosis as an intervertebral hernia, when the patient has severe pain and progressive development of the disease. In this case, a discectomy is performed - removal of the damaged intervertebral disc;endoscopy or microsurgical intervention.
How does the treatment work?
When a person starts regular low back pain, he goes to see a specialist doctor( orthopedist, neurologist, surgeon).If the doctor diagnoses the osteochondrosis of the lumbar department, the treatment is immediately prescribed.
To begin with, the doctor reviews the patient's lifestyle: an orthopedic mattress, a chair, a pillow or other accessories are selected to help correctly distribute the load to the body during rest;Also, moderate loads are selected from all the daily physical loads, in order to reduce the tension of the spine. If the patient is worried about severe pain, medication for lumbar osteochondrosis is used, which is aimed at stopping inflammations, swelling and pain. In this case, both pharmacological preparations and folk remedies can be taken in the treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis( herbs, herbal tinctures, ointments. ..).
Medications do not treat lumbar osteochondrosis, but only relieve symptoms! The main treatment is therapeutic exercises, massages, and other physical procedures!
All exercises, therapeutic exercises with lumbar osteochondrosis are selected exclusively by a doctor! The first lessons are always conducted under the supervision of the instructor, and then you independently do it at home, at a time convenient for you. If the patient has a lot of weight, the doctor says a new diet with which he will manage to reduce the body weight and, accordingly, the load on the spinal column.
But often the pain begins already with the development of the consequences of osteochondrosis of the lumbar region: with protrusion of the disc, with hernias. ...Then already the doctor can recommend and operative intervention, especially at a serious current of disease.
How else to treat osteochondrosis of the lumbar division?
- Massage with lumbar osteochondrosis - relieves muscle tension, eliminates spasms, thereby reducing pain syndrome, improving the overall condition of the patient.
- Hard orthopedic corset - wearing a corset helps keep your back straight, but it is recommended to wear only during an attack or for a couple of hours a day. Prolonged wearing can lead to muscle atrophy.
- Soft woolen belt - recommended for seizures for natural warming of the lumbar region. Importantly, do not use external "warmers" in case of pain syndromes, such as a warmer, etc.
- Chinese acupuncture.
- Vacuum massage - improves blood flow in the affected areas of the spine.
- Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral region with leeches is aimed at activation of blood circulation. Sanatorium, prophylactic treatment.
- Water procedures - treatment of lumbar spine osteochondrosis is performed in water using special water exercises.
All methods are effective and effective in their own way;it is only important that they are conducted by qualified specialists, trainers, under the supervision of doctors. Do not treat yourself!
As you can see, the lumbar osteochondrosis of the spine is not so terrible if you call your doctor in time if you have more time to walk, exercise and eat right! Be healthy!
Each set of exercises consists of several stages, from the first stage it is required to perform exercises without greatly straining, and already the second, the third stage should take place with the greatest efforts. To perform exercises should be allocated from 20 minutes, it is best to schedule them for the morning after waking up and half an hour before bedtime.
Morning exercise should last about 15-20 minutes , the main actions are aimed at warming up the whole of the spine and lumbar region separately. Evening gymnastics helps to strengthen the already mashed muscles for the whole day and restore the supporting activity, a damping function. Do not perform exercises in the acute phase of osteochondrosis, with severe and shooting pains, and do not do those exercises that can cause pain or deterioration.
In order for healing exercises to be useful and healing, you need to follow certain rules:
- Charging should be done daily;
- While doing the exercises, you do not need to hold your breath;
- Doing gymnastics is necessary not hurrying up, not accelerating the pace and not straining much;
- It is necessary to diagnose your condition with a doctor, completely sharing your state of health, improvement;
- It is recommended to combine exercise therapy with therapeutic treatment.
You need to start physical therapy with a warm-up .
- Lying on your back, you need to pull the feet on yourself, and then pull to the floor. Alternately bend and unbend the knee.
- Lying on your back you need to slowly pull your hands up, then with the help of a partner to take your hands behind your head in the same lying position.
- Lying on your back you need to bend your knees, slowly you need to tear off the sacrum from the floor.
- Lying on the back, the legs are bent at the knees, the head and shoulders come off the floor, in this position, stay for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
- Sit on your knees to lean your palms on the floor, bend the spine, but do not need to unbend.
- To lie on the belly, place a soft cushion under the abdomen, lift each foot by 7 cm each one, keeping them for a few seconds. 5.
Gymnastics are presented in numerous variations, the attending physician will provide a special set of exercises based on the patient's well-being.
Massage for osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region are combined together by therapeutic methods and massage. Massage is used to relieve the condition and relax the tight muscles of the waist. It is carried out in a supine position, the actions should be light, without excessive pressure and stress on the spine. Usually under the abdomen and ankles of the patient put special rollers, this allows you to fully straighten the spine.
Massage is carried out by smooth strokes, the massage therapist uses a special cream or massage oil for better contact. For a start, the back is slightly warmed up by rubbing, kneading the lower back. In order to fully warm the dorsal muscles, knead and gluteal muscles and legs are warmed up. Effective massage becomes after bath or other thermal procedures, at this moment just the blood circulation is strengthened. Together with a massage of a similar result can be achieved with the help of manual therapy.
Manual method helps improve blood circulation in the spine, and also displaced intervertebral discs are replaced. At the time of treatment should be adhered to not only the mandatory exercise of exercise therapy, massage, but also important diet in this period.
Why you need the diet
The right diet for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region can improve the action and assimilation of medications. Adhering to a diet does not mean that you must strictly deny yourself food, starve, you just need to balance it and use more foods with vitamins and nutrients, and foods that are harmful to the body need to be excluded.
During treatment it is desirable to reduce the consumption of sugar and salt, as well as to refuse to take coffee, which adversely affects the body. Coffee cleanses calcium, and it is needed to supply intervertebral discs. It can easily be replaced with chicory.
It is recommended to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, enriched with vitamins, freshly squeezed juices. It is necessary to include in the diet cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, beets. With this disease it is recommended to sit down on protein foods: eggs, meat, fish, cottage cheese, milk, kefir. Accustomed heavy food is best replaced with light soups or broths.
Perfectly suited vitamin diet, which includes useful substances and trace elements. For vertebral cartilage, joints and bone tissue, you need to consume more calcium, phosphorus, zinc and vitamins A, B, C, D.
Observing complex treatment and each item separately, you can achieve good results and forget about the disease for a long time.
Exercises for lumbar spine
Intervertebral hernia exercises - lumbar spine
For consultation, please contact http: //piluiko.com/ consult.php