What should be the therapeutic gymnastics for coxarthrosis of the hip joint?
Joints themselves are a fairly fragile structure. In their youth, we do not even think about them, considering their reliable work as something self-evident. But time goes by, the joints wear out, and the person remembers about their existence. Painful joints cause serious pain and severely limit the mobility of a person, and only then does he think about normal treatment. Fortunately, in most cases, treatment is performed without surgery, conservative methods, in which one of the most important places is therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Why does the disease develop?
Why does this happen? A healthy hip joint is very similar in structure to a hinge covered with cartilage. It is thanks to this cartilage and a certain "lubrication", located in the joint, provides the necessary freedom of movement. With age, the composition of this "lubricant" changes, it becomes smaller, as a result of increased friction and begins to thin out cartilage tissue. The result is the deformation of the cartilage.
Man's joints "wear out" over time. .
As a result of all that is happening, a person begins to feel pain in the joint and begins to redistribute the load, protecting the aching leg. But this leads to the fact that the muscles on the aching leg begin to gradually weaken and atrophy, and the pain only intensifies.
Given the habit of our people to engage in self-medication and pull "to the last" with a hike to the doctor, then we have an extremely unpleasant situation when people have to be treated already in the late stages of the disease. The process of deformation and destruction of cartilage at this stage is very difficult to stop, so you have to prescribe a lot of drugs that must anesthetize, relieve muscle spasm and inflammation of the joint, and help restore the affected cartilage tissue. But this is not enough, the joint should be developed, the muscles should be maintained in a normal state, otherwise the leg and after the treatment will not be able to function normally. A key role at this stage, as well as throughout the treatment, is therapeutic exercise.
Specificity of therapeutic exercises
Treatment of coxarthrosis in general is a rather complex and lengthy process. But a very important place in this process is curative gymnastics in case of hip joint disease. It is this that prevents the joint from growing joints and keeps mobility in it.
Naturally, you need to consider that the exercises will be performed with the affected joint, while they must help the patient, and not harm. That is why exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint have a certain specificity.
Features of performance of medical gymnastics
Such exercises can not be performed too vigorously and abruptly. The goal of the exercises is to develop the affected joint, rather than complicate the situation, causing additional trauma to the already aching joint. That is why the exercises are rather static, not dynamic.
It is very desirable to perform muscle massage in the hip and hip joint area before and after exercise. The same massage should be performed and with the appearance of unpleasant sensations during the performance of gymnastics.
Consider also the fact that exercises of exercise therapy performed with this disease exclude the axial load on the hip joint. Serious physical load, sharp and deep squats, excessive amplitude of movements - all these factors can lead to a serious deterioration of the situation.
A good assistant in the treatment of coxarthrosis is water. For example, swimming is very useful in this disease, regardless of whether you are swimming in the sea, the river or the pool. True, swimming can be practiced only if such an opportunity gives the physical condition of the patient. But a warm bath will make it possible to relieve unnecessary tension in the muscles and soothe the pain. Lying in it you can perform slow and smooth movements of low amplitude, so that the pain will decrease.
The most important rule that must be strictly observed during the performance of therapeutic exercises: do not perform those exercises that cause the appearance of sharp pain. The pain says that the joint can not yet perform such a task, and such an exercise, respectively, will cause harm.
Complex of exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The proposed complex is one of the most common, but it is necessary to take into account that the treatment of the exercise should be selected only by the attending physician, the complex is adjusted for each individual case of the disease. So:
Exercises performed lying on the back
The first "series" of exercises is performed lying on the back.
1. Hands lie along the trunk, legs are stretched. On the inhalation, we raise our hands upwards, on exhalation - lower them down. Exercise is repeated at a slow pace 6-8 times.
2. The starting position is similar to the previous exercise. It is necessary to smoothly bend and unbend your arms in elbows at a slow pace. The exercise repeats 6-8 times.
3. From the same initial position, one by one, bend and unbend our legs in the knees, making sure that the heels do not come off the mat. Exercise is repeated 8-10 times.
4. The starting position is the same. Straight legs turn inwards, after which we return them to their previous position. The exercise is performed 8 times.
5. When doing the exercise, keep your hands on your waist. Watching that the heels do not come off the floor, we spread our legs to the sides, after which we return them back. The exercise is done smoothly and at a slow pace 8 times.
6. Keep your hands on your belt. With the legs we perform the exercise "bike" for 10-15 seconds at a calm and slow pace.
7. Return the hands to the position along the trunk. At the inhalation, straight arms are raised upwards, on exhalation - smoothly lowered. The exercise repeats 6 times.
Exercises performed lying on the abdomen
With the further implementation of the complex the starting position changes, for which it is necessary to lie on the stomach.
8. The hands lie on the hips. You need to lift your shoulders and head, hold this position for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Exercise should be performed every two seconds as smoothly as possible 6 times.
9. The hands lie on the hips. Smoothly lift the straight legs in turn. Running 6 times.
10. In the starting position, we hold hands in front of the chest. Raise the shoulder girdle and perform 3 movements with your hands, similar to the movements when swimming in the style of "breaststroke".The exercise is performed 6 times.
11. Keep your hands in front of your chest. In the pelvic region, we contract the muscles and hold them in this position for a few seconds, after which we relax. With sufficient training, this position can be held for 10-12 seconds.
12. We change position and we lay down on a healthy side, we put a head on the arm bent in an elbow. After that, the patient leg is lifted and removed, then gently return it to its former position and relax the muscles. This exercise is performed 8 times.
Exercises performed while standing
13. Standing on a healthy leg, we rely on any stop( for example - the back of the chair) from the side of the healthy leg. After the adoption of this position, smooth( the main thing - not sharp) swings back and forth with a sick leg with a small amplitude. The size of the amplitude is determined by the pain sensations.
14. In the same initial position, we perform a circular motion with a foot. This exercise is performed smoothly 8 times.
15. We stand on both feet, leaning on the fence with both hands. Now we are doing half a squat, after which we return to the initial position. It is executed slowly 10 times.
16. From the same initial position, we rise on the toes, after which we smoothly descend. The exercise is performed 10 times.
Similar gymnastics is sufficiently effective provided it is correctly performed. It was LFK of this type that became the basis of the method of kinesitherapy. Everyone knows the old truth: "Movement is life."Therefore, a person should not completely limit his mobility, this never leads to positive results. Much more meaning has to move, but with an eye on your own well-being. This way a person can recover as quickly as possible.
However, it is very important to start treatment in time and strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor , because only a specialist can fully imagine the problem and determine the best treatment options.
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( coxarthrosis)
Coxarthrosis, or arthrosis of the hip joints is a serious disease, it will not be possible to cope with it only with the help of medications. In order to keep this disease under control, it is necessary to regularly engage in special therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).
Quick navigation for article:
Who can and who should not be engaged in exercise therapy
Useful advices before you start to practice
List of exercises
Video of therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Tips on how to correctly and how to do exercises incorrectly
Who can,and who should not be engaged in exercise therapy
You can perform exercises from various complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) if:
- is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestation is minimals;
To perform such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
- disease is in an aggravation stage;
- , you recently suffered some heavy surgery;
- you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;
- you have a fever( above 37.5);
- in the presence of a hernia;
- during menstruation;
- for severe cardiac and pulmonary disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful advice before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education.
exercises with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and muscles of the legs receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Ready? Then go to the exercises!
List of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Exercise number 1-a
For its implementation, you need to lie down on the floor with your stomach down, hands should be stretched along the trunk. This is how the initial position looks. Now slowly, very smoothly lift your left leg, not bending it in the knee, to a height of 15 cm from the floor, and harden in this position for thirty to forty seconds. At the end of this time, just as slowly as at the beginning of the exercise, lower your foot to the floor. Give yourself a few seconds of rest, and then repeat the same exercise, but with the right foot.
Ensure that the leg is raised only by the gluteal and thigh muscles. The pelvis should fit snugly to the floor. This exercise should be performed 1 time( for each leg)
The same exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Similarly, very slowly lift, without bending in the knee, the left leg to the same height, and then hover at the highest point for one or two seconds, and then just lower it slowly.
After this, take a short break in one or two seconds, completely relax your leg muscles, and then repeat this exercise. In total it is necessary to make 10-12 such slow, accurate movements, and then repeat the exercise already with the right foot.
Please note that both legs should receive the same muscular load: they must rise to the same height and hold the same amount of time.
The starting position - lying on the floor on the abdomen, arms stretched along the body down. Bend the left leg in the knee at an angle of 90 degrees;the right leg is straightened and lies on the floor.
After this, very slowly lift the bent leg from the floor to a height of 10-15 centimeters and hold it on the weight for the same 30-40 seconds. Then, too, very slowly and smoothly lower the leg, straighten it in the knee and completely relax the muscles of the legs. After a very short rest and complete relaxation of the muscles, repeat this exercise for the right leg.
Take a very short break, and then perform this therapeutic exercise, not in a static, but in a dynamic form. To do this, bend the left leg in the knee and then lift it 10 cm above the floor, and at the top point, stop for 1-2 seconds, then just slowly and slowly lower your leg and straighten it in the knee.
This movement needs to be repeated ten to twelve times, then move to the right leg and make it the same uplifts. Do not forget between each movement to do a 1-2-second break with complete relaxation of the muscles of the legs.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is usually possible only for physically well-trained patients. If you feel that it is too hard for you, you are more than 40 years old and you tend to increase blood pressure, then do not heroic - skip the exercise and go on to the next.
The starting position is on the floor lying on the abdomen, arms stretched along the trunk.
Without bending the legs in the knees, slowly raise both feet at a height of 10-15 cm above the floor, and then slowly spread the legs apart, and then bring them back again. Without lowering your legs to the floor, repeat this cycle from the dilutions and information of the legs 8-10 times, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor and completely relax your muscles.
This exercise is also performed lying on the floor, but the starting position changes. Lay down on the left side and bend the left leg in the knee. The right leg, which is on top, should be straightened.
It is necessary to raise the right leg, and, without bending it in the knee, raise it upwards, making sure that the angle between the horizontal plane( floor) and the foot is 45 degrees. Gradually raise your foot to this level, fix it for thirty seconds, then slowly and accurately lower your leg and completely relax your leg muscles.
Take a very short break, turn over to the other side and perform a similar exercise with your left foot.
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise.
From this position, lift your right foot very smoothly to an angle of 30 to 40 degrees, without bending your leg in the knee. After this, slowly unfold the foot and the leg as a whole outward. Then unfold both the leg and the foot inside. To perform the exercise, you need to do 10-15 cycles of such rotations inward and outward, after which you lower your leg and completely relax your muscles.
After a short break, turn over to the other side and repeat the exercise with the left foot. Make sure that during the movement, the rotation occurs "from the hip", not just the foot.
The starting position changes again: lie on the floor on your back, then bend your knees and spread them so that the sweep approximates the width of your shoulders. After that, you need to do the following: leaning on the shoulders, try to slowly raise the pelvis as high as you can, and fix it at this level for 30 - 40 seconds.
Then slowly, slowly go back to the starting position and completely relax the muscles of the legs.
After a short break, you need to do the same exercise, but in a dynamic manner. To do this, take the original position and lift the pelvis in the same way, but hang up at the top for 1-2 seconds, and then lower it down, but not until the end, but about 15 cm.
After that, again try to raise the pelvis as high as possible,point, and so on, until 12 to 15 such movements are done. Then, just as smoothly lower the pelvis on the floor and completely relax the muscles.
The starting position is new: sitting on the floor, legs are straightened. Lean forward so that the knees remain straightened, and try to wrap your hands around your feet and toes.
Then pull your body forward, as far as it turns out, and try to freeze in this position for two or three minutes, while relaxing your muscles as much as possible.
What if your ligament condition or natural flexibility does not allow you to reach your feet and fix it at the right time in this way? To do this, you need to use improvised materials: make, for example, a loop from the belt and put it on your feet so that one edge of the strap rests against them, and the other is in your hands. With the help of such a device, pulling the trunk forward will be much easier.
The main goal of this exercise is to be able to stretch the ligaments and muscles of the hip for a long time, several months, in such a way that the angle of the torso to the legs increases approximately by two times.
This exercise should be performed only once a day. Make sure that when performing it, your head does not fall: it should be like a continuation of the trunk.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly and smoothly lift the left leg, unbending it in the knee. After that continue to raise it, using the already hip joint. Raise your foot to the level you can, and then fix it at this level for 30 - 60 seconds.
Then smoothly and slowly lower the leg first in the thigh, and then in the knee, after which completely relax the muscles. After a short break, repeat this movement with your right foot.
Note: this exercise can only be done for patients with the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint. At the second, and the more so the third degree you risk damaging the joint!
The starting position for the exercise is as follows: sit on the floor, leaning back against the wall, the back should be straight. Legs should be straightened and maximally moved apart.
To perform the exercise, start bending the aching leg in the knee joint, trying not to bring it close to the healthy leg, until you place the foot of the sick leg on the floor. Then very gently begin to press both hands on the knee of the sick leg, very soft and smooth, wiggling movements, try to tilt your leg inside, to maximum tension, but not pain!
This exercise can also be performed only in the initial stage of coxarthrosis!
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Legs are straightened and maximally divorced. Carefully and slowly bend the aching leg in the knee joint, then grab her foot with your hands and begin to pull it very slowly towards yourself - until you feel maximum tension, but not pain!
When you reach the maximum approach, lock in this position and stay in it for one to two minutes, while trying to relax as much as possible. After this, very slowly return to the starting position and relax the muscles of the legs.
If the flexibility of your ligaments and muscles at the moment does not allow you to reach out to the foot of a sore leg, use a towel or strap as an accessory for the same purpose.
It is necessary to perform once a day.
This is the last exercise, and after completing the complex of therapeutic exercises it is very important to self-massage the thigh. This self-massage must be done sitting, and massage only the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh, but not the back.
Place the palms on the thigh just above the knee, press them firmly against the foot and begin to perform vigorous rubbing of the leg, while slowly moving up from the bottom. This massage should be done for about three minutes until a feeling of stable heat, but making sure that it does not go into pain or burning sensations.
After this, within 1 minute, complete the final part of the massage, conducting a gentle and smooth stroking of the hip skin from the bottom up. In order to maintain heat after such a massage, it is useful to use warming ointments, creams and gels - for example, Espoo ointment, special massage cream "Ballet" or, for example, "Nikofleks" ointment.
In this video, you can see a series of useful exercises of another medical complex:
And in conclusion - some more tips:
1. Pay close attention to exercises that give excessive strain on the muscles of the thighs and hands: this is not useful for the joints, andmost likely from such exercise it is necessary to refuse. In addition, when performing exercises, you should not experience severe, severe pain. If this happens, it means that this exercise is also not suitable for you.
2. It is important that in between exercises, even if they last only a few seconds, you have time to completely relax the muscles of the body. It is best to just lie down for this.
3. Try to finish each cycle of exercises at least small, for 3-5 minutes, by foot massage. It is useful in this case to use various heating gels and ointments. We already wrote about some of them: this is the gel of Horsepower( Horse Force), Zoo-VIP-gel, as well as Valentin Dikul's balm for joints.
Physiotherapy of Dr. Popov with coxarthrosis
Coxarthrosis is the leader among all degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the musculoskeletal system. It is extremely important in the fight against him is the correct therapeutic gymnastics. One of the best can be called the technique of Dr. Popov, time-tested and showed excellent results.
Brief description of the disease
Coxarthrosis refers to arthrosis of the hip joint, the development of which is characterized by deforming processes. This disease is typical for all ages, but mostly occurs in people older than 40 years. Women suffer them more often than men. Today, there is reason to say that the disease is well studied, and the physiotherapy techniques of Popov or Bubnovsky really contribute to the effective treatment of patients.
Specialists distinguish between primary coxarthrosis( causes of unexplained remains) and secondary, which is a direct consequence of other diseases or injuries. In the first case, problems with the knee joint and spine are often observed. The disease can affect both one and both joints. The main symptoms of the ailment are as follows:
- joint pain while walking;
- discomfort in the groin;
- joint stiffness after stagnation;
- crunching in the joint while driving.
In cases where the patient seeks help from an early stage doctor, improving his condition is much easier than when the disease is already started. Along with traditional treatment, restorative physical culture is very important. For example, the joint gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky influences the causes of the development of the disease, which is of key importance in coke-artrosis.
The essence of the technique of Dr. Popov
Traumatologist and manual therapist Peter Popov has created a unique technique for the restoration of the spine and joints. To understand its essence, you need to briefly get acquainted with the basics of the philosophy of this amazing doctor. According to his statements, the spine and joints are similar to musical instruments, which need only be appropriately adjusted. Now we have a proven track to achieve this result.
In contrast to the exercises of Dr. Bubnovsky and many other researchers in the field of traumatology and manual therapy, the main principle of Popov's technique is the so-called small movements performed like oscillations of a pendulum. Such a gymnastics with coxarthrosis or, for example, osteoporosis helps to use those periarticular or near-vertebral muscles and ligaments, which, when performing sweeping movements, remain unused.
Today the gymnastics of Dr. Popov is successfully applied in the process of rehabilitation after injuries, as well as in the treatment of many complex and insidious ailments. According to the doctor, systematic small loads on the affected vertebrae or joints are capable of giving a greater result than strength exercises in the gym.
It's no secret that the joints, tendons and ligaments are fueled by the movement. Well, the gymnastics of a doctor who studied and systematized many traditional medical practices of the peoples of the world helps to use precisely those movements that are optimal for each individual case.
Popov exercises with coxarthrosis
It is possible to get rid of the painful symptoms of coxarthrosis, but for this it is necessary to work persistently under the guidance of a specialist. A psychological factor is very important here. No method will give the desired result, if the patient does not believe in his healing. Well, the basic movements should be considered in more detail.
An important place in the structure of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis is lifting the legs. This exercise is performed lying on its side. The lower leg should be bent at the knee. The lower arm should be bent at the elbow and be under the head. Next, the straightened upper leg needs to be lifted, pull out the toe, holding this position for 1-2 seconds. After that, the leg is smoothly diverted to the sides, while the sock is also stretched for 1-2 seconds. The exercise is repeated 10 times for each leg.
Exercises for tightening socks are found in Dr. Bubnovsky and many other famous physiotherapists, but the author of this method has made his recommendations. First you need to lie down, bending your arms in the elbows, not touching them with your torso. The legs should be even. The feet are placed a few centimeters from each other. After this, smooth extension of the socks begins.
During preparation for the lifting exercise with foot and shoulder support, you should lie down, bend your legs and put your feet at shoulder widths. Hands bend at the elbows and are set aside. Slow lifting of the trunk is performed on inspiration, with support on the feet and shoulders. In this position, it takes only 1-2 seconds to linger. The exercise is repeated 10 times.
To carry out the exercise "Foot swing" you need a support( table, chair) and stand under the foot( book, board).You have to be one foot on the stand. The spine should be completely straightened. On inhalation, the free leg is raised slowly. First, it rises back, and then to the side. Fade when lifting, followed by 1-2 seconds. The number of repetitions of fundamental importance is not, but if there is no pain, it is better to work 5-10 minutes.
Individual loads of
The main cause of pathological changes in the musculoskeletal system is the clamping of muscles. If they are constantly at work, then there will be no problems. Even injuries people often get either because of a shortage of essential nutrients, or because the muscles do not perform their direct functions.
Physiotherapy is needed to revitalize the drainage system of the body, but any experienced specialist knows that for each individual patient it is necessary to develop an individual exercise program. This is very clearly seen in the Bubnovsky complex, which has developed excellent exercises for anesthetizing unhealthy joints, but for each individual disease it is necessary to use a separate set of movements.
Doctor Peter Popov always warned his patients that physical exertion can not only benefit, but also harm. If it is a complex disease such as coxarthrosis, then there is a danger of aggravation of the problem. In the process of performing common exercises often more loosening of the already diseased joints, which leads to an acceleration of their deformation.
Mikrodvizheniya with coxarthrosis are more preferable. However, it is important to feel your body and listen to it. Overvoltage here is unacceptable. Also, sharp movements are unacceptable. Any exercise must be done smoothly. This is how you can reduce the mobility of affected joints or vertebrae by including stagnant segments of the musculoskeletal system. This is how the same harmony that leads to healing is achieved.
Many leading experts with a world-wide name believe that exercises with Coxarthrosis of the hip joint are an exercise, without which it is impossible to defeat an ailment. It is a complement to medical and other treatments, tested for centuries of use, does not require tangible financial costs and special adaptations.
It is very convenient to perform exercises, having previewed them by video. So you quickly understand the very essence of therapeutic physical education, you can avoid common mistakes, pick up the right tempo.
What is the benefit of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) with Coxarthrosis
? When practicing exercise therapy, you strengthen the periarticular muscles that protect the joint from various injuries and injuries. Since it is unavoidable after the performed exercise in your joint, blood circulation will improve, your cartilage will be times better equipped with nutrients and oxygen, which will accelerate the regeneration processes in it.
With the improvement of blood circulation, metabolic processes will be accelerated, extra liquid and toxic substances will be evacuated more actively. Activation of these processes will lead to a decrease in body weight, which is very useful when it is excess. Moreover, you simultaneously strengthen the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk of tumors, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart attack, cerebral hemorrhage.
Physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint: contra-indications
For beginning the practice of physiotherapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of serious contraindications. Let us list them:
- uterine bleeding, menstruation;
- increase in body temperature above 37.1 g. Celsius;
- serious heart pathology;
- arterial hypertension, especially periods of sudden or significant increase in blood pressure;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- period of early postoperative rehabilitation, including postoperative period after endoprosthetics;
- significant exacerbation of many chronic diseases.
Curative gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint: features of performing exercises
Features of performing gymnastics
Coxarthrosis is a special disease that requires special attention from you when doing gymnastics. Here are the most basic of its features:
- to exercise therapy only after hip massage, which should be repeated after the end of the procedure;
- if the pain in the joint is too strong during the execution of a certain exercise, then it does not suit you;
- movements must be smooth, soft, blurred. Avoid fussiness and haste;
- if the muscle pain has acquired intensity, then perform the complex in a bath with warm water. If possible, do gymnastics in the pool, under the supervision of an experienced instructor;
- there should be a short break between exercises, pause. So you will help your muscle fibers to "assimilate" fiz.load;
- deep amplitude in gymnastics with Coxarthrosis harms your already aching joints. Do not perform zealous turns in the pelvic area, squats before exhaustion, strictly limit the axial load on the hip joint.
Useful tips before beginning treatment with the exercises
After choosing the necessary set of exercises, be sure to read some tips that will help you not to harm your own body.
- Tip # 1
Before starting any type of exercise, consult an expert. Even if the complex was selected correctly, but performed with the wrong intensity or excessive load, you can get the opposite effect.
- Tip # 2
It is necessary to maximally load the periarticular muscles and ligaments, but not the joint itself, because you will accelerate the destruction of the hyaline layer inside the joint structure.
- Tip # 3
Begin your studies during the remission period. During exacerbations, when all the symptoms of the disease are pronounced, it should be delayed with exercise therapy.
- Tip # 4
Practice daily, regularly, for a long period of time. Do not take long breaks. Stock up with willpower, because such constancy is given quite difficult in our dynamic time.
- Tip # 5
Begin with simple exercises, gradually complicating your studies.
A set of exercises for Coxarthrosis performed by laying
Performing the exercises lying on the back
For exercising the exercise therapy in the initial lying position, you need a hard mat or gym mat that is easy to buy at any sports goods store.
Exercises lying on the stomach
Extend straight legs raise as much as 15 ° and freeze for a few seconds, then slowly lowered. If the condition allows, then the weight of the legs can be diluted one-sidedly, and then back to reduce. Hands are parallel to the body. Perform 7-10 times.
- Ex. No. 2
Alternately bend and unbend legs in the knee joint at an angle of 90 °.The arms are parallel to the body. Repeat up to 10 times.
Lying on your stomach, try to make everyone know the "bike".This simple exercise perfectly trains the muscles of the thigh, which is very useful for this articular pathology.
Exercises lying on the back
- Exercise, lying on the back.№1
The hands lie in an arbitrary position, the lower limbs are straightened and relaxed. Begin slowly to strain the muscles of the thigh, pressing the legs to each other. Then slowly relax them. Rest for a few seconds and repeat the action no more than 6 times.
- Ex. Lie down on a healthy side. Raise the aching leg to the maximum possible position. Then return the limb to its original position.
Put your hands on your hips, tear your straightened feet off the floor and put them on the floor again. Repeat the action several times.
- Ex. No. 4
Bend the lower limbs in the knee joints and slightly dilute them. Leaning on legs, but, without tearing off the shoulder girdle from the floor, raise the pelvis. You can lift it to a height where you do not feel pain. Try to stay in this position for as long as possible. Return to the starting position.
LFK, performed standing
- stand on the edge of a low stand, holding one hand against a wall or support. Lower one leg so that it does not interfere with free flies. Do not overdo the range of movements, limb lift to a position when you begin to feel pain. Repeat with the other limb. Perform no more than 15 flops;
- spread your hands to the side, slowly raise your toes, stay in such position, how much will sustain the body, then slowly descend and stand on the whole foot. If it is difficult to perform this exercise without support, then stick to the back of the chair.
Complex exercises with a chair
The usual strong sturdy stool with a back can be turned into a full gymnastic shell. With his help, you can do a lot of exercises that help to ease the condition with Coxarthrosis.
- Ex. Sitting on a chair, bend over and try to reach the socks. Hold in the lowest possible position, then slowly rise and lean against the back of the chair. A little rest, repeat the process, but no more than 10 times.
Put your hands on the hip area, tear off the head and shoulders from the floor, then lie down again on the floor.
- Ex.# 3
Standing, lean against the back of the chair and do squats, bending your knees 90 °.Repeat up to 7 times, depending on subjective sensations.
Recommendations for exercises
It should be noted some recommendations related to exercises that are conducted by patients suffering from arthrosis. Before the beginning of a complex of such exercises, you must adhere to common training rules and this will allow you to gradually improve the health of your own muscles, as well as ligaments.
- Remember that this is therapeutic, that is, therapeutic gymnastics, but not ordinary. Accordingly, the local exercises are performed with more softness and smoothness.
- It is necessary to give such gymnastic procedures at least sixty minutes a day. And, it is desirable that the classes were held in approaches, each of which is up to 15 minutes.
- Keep track of the passage of a certain time between the approaches you make. This is necessary for the generation of new tissues from the side of ligaments and cartilages. Sometimes such a pause reaches several hours.
- If possible, it would be nice to swim in the pool or at least in a bath with warm water after the end of training.
Now let's look at some sets of exercises that help with coxarthrosis. All of them are quite traditional and are usually appointed by specialists with minor changes or in the same accuracy that is given below.
The first complex of
This gymnastics is often used in case of coxarthrosis of 1 degree. Lie on your stomach and start taking turns to raise your legs. However, they must bend. Try to keep your movements as smooth as possible, and the total amplitude of the raised leg is approximately 15 centimeters. When the leg is raised to the maximum height, it is necessary to hold the limb for a while, and then it can be lowered. Then a similar procedure is done with the other leg.
This exercise will allow you to strengthen the muscles of the buttocks as well as the hip area and thereby significantly alleviate the overall pressure on those parts of the body that suffer from hip arthrosis. It should be noted the strategic nature of all these movements with the foot, since the direct participation of the joints in them is minimal. But to begin with it is necessary.
The exercise should be repeated at least a couple of times, without forgetting to alternate gymnastic exercises with pauses intended for rest. Gradually you can increase the number of approaches.
Another exercise also begins with a posture lying on the stomach. One leg bends( start with the leg that does not hurt), and the pelvis is fixed tightly on the floor. You should raise your bent leg and then hold it up for a while.
The total height of such a leg lift should reach the sensation of the pain threshold. However, you will not have to suffer any painful feelings, so you need to perform this exercise while you feel comfortable enough. Usually enough ten times and after that it would be nice to give rest to your own muscles.
The same position should be taken during the subsequent attempt to lift your feet from the floor surface. Legs stay for some time at the top and then go down. The effect is enhanced if the legs are divorced on the sides during such an exercise. But it should be noted that to complicate the exercise, thus, should not have been from the very first attempts.
The second complex of
This gymnastics is most often used for coxarthrosis of the 2nd degree. Another set of exercises also begins with a position lying on the back. The legs are stretched, hands are pressed against the body. It is necessary to raise your hands during inspiration and lower them when exhaled. Total stop on six repetitions. Without changing its own position, the arms bend and unbend at the elbows for eight repetitions.
Knee joints need to be rotated inward and try to do it more smoothly. The total number of repetitions should reach eight times.
Hands should be kept on the waist, and legs are divorced on the sides. In this case, the heel should touch the floor covering.
Keep your hands at the waist level, and do an exercise that mimics cycling. Exercise is performed until fifteen seconds. Then the first described exercise is performed again.
The third complex
This is a useful gymnastics for coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree. The initial position is that you lie on your back, your hands are stretched along the trunk. The upper part should be raised with shoulders and fixed for a certain time. Then take the starting position, take a short respite and you can repeat the exercise. Then you should lift two legs at once. In this case, your hands should be located at the level of the belt.
Pelvic muscles should be compressed and fixed, thus, for a certain time and relax. Then the exercise is repeated several times. Then turn over on a healthy side so that the head can lie on the elbow. When you raise your leg, suffering from coxarthrosis, do this with the utmost care. The delay should be a few seconds, and then the leg gradually descends.
Gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky and its benefits
One of the most famous gymnastics used during coxarthrosis is gymnastics invented by Dr. S. Bubnovsky. With the proposed exercises with coxarthrosis, many experts are introducing their patients today. The initial exercise from the presented complex is necessary to:
- to increase the flexibility of the ligaments, joint mobility;
- to improve the health of the corset from the muscles.
The name of such an exercise is a "folding knife".The person should be placed on the floor and with both hands grab the foot of his own foot. The lower extremity should be straightened and elongated. A similar procedure is performed with the second leg. Then the same slopes are made, but with both feet folded.
When this exercise is performed, there may be slight pain. The exercises themselves are:
- very useful for increasing the flexibility of the spinal column;
- is a wonderful remedy for hip and knee arthrosis.
Sometimes the exercise is performed in a standing state. The slopes are produced the same. Thanks to such a simple gymnastics, the muscles of the waist, thighs are well stretched, the ligaments of cartilages are strengthened.
Quite an effective exercise in coxarthrosis is an exercise called a "plow".Lie down on the rug and spread your arms around. Both legs need to be lifted so that the touch of the floor covering behind the head occurs. Of course, for starters, such a task may seem complicated. Especially for people who are overweight, but still try to bring the rolls of your own torso to the touch of the feet of the floor.
Doctor Bubnovsky himself recommends repeating the presented exercise up to twenty times in one approach.
Whatever exercise you do not perform and which of the many possible complexes are not chosen, try to do everything possible for:
- increasing the mobility of each joint;
- improved flexibility of the spine.
Thanks to gymnastics exercises of the kind described above and conducted every day( try not to be lazy!), It's also important to strengthen your common muscular corset. This will subsequently facilitate the position of the spinal column and reduce the strain on your vertebrae with joints.
When one of the exercises described is too difficult to accomplish, one should not despair, because there are a lot of exercises and complexes, and you can always choose for yourself any other, the most suitable. Look for your own complex that would suit you, completely satisfied your joints suffering from coxarthrosis.
Benefits of Exercise in Coxarthrosis
At the same time, one should not forget about the recommendations of your medical specialist. It is possible that some of the exercises he advises you to postpone or, conversely, supplement the gym with some useful movement. Whatever the case, gymnastics can be an excellent addition to other therapeutic procedures and, in combination, cure the disease from which one must suffer.
Among other things, gymnastic exercises perform a direct preventive function, protecting people who are predisposed to coxarthrosis or are at risk of disease, from direct manifestation of the disease, its aggravation.
Choose for yourself exercises for Bubnovsky or any other complex, based on the degree of the disease and other factors. At the same time, never stop only on physical exercises, otherwise time and effort will be wasted by you in vain( the muscle corset and general functions of the body, of course, will be strengthened, but the disease itself will not be cured).Do not forget about:
- drug treatment, compulsory diet;
- observance of all necessary therapeutic rules prescribed by a medical specialist.
Only in such cases there are real chances for a significant relief of the situation and even for a complete cure.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint
Therapeutic varieties of gymnastics mean two stages: help with exacerbation( performed only under medical supervision, can include passive movements), help with remission. When the remission has come and is medically treated with arthrosis of the hip joint, gymnastics can be used at home. But, in addition to exacerbating the process of inflammation and degeneration, exercises can not be performed if recent surgical interventions have been postponed, if the body temperature has risen or the heart's functioning has disappeared, with the aggravation of a number of other pathological processes in organs and cancer diseases. We will analyze at first some simple conditions, so that with arthrosis of the hip joints, the healing gymnastics will be optimal in relation to your condition at this point in time.
A few useful tips
The most important plus therapeutic gymnastics - with its high efficiency, it does not require financial costs!
You can not lift more than 10 kg of weight, it is desirable to reduce weight by dietary techniques. Combine daily gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip joint by swimming, especially in the sea or the salt water basin. You can not tolerate microtraumas of joints, which is usually manifested by increased pain, it is impossible to try to help yourself through pain.
Physiotherapy exercises can be conducted without financial costs and is an indispensable tool in a competent conduct. It is important to spend it without breaks in the morning and in the evening of each day, and in intervals between sessions use a cane or crutches for walking, which depends on the stage of arthrosis.
So, when there is arthrosis of the hip joint, therapeutic gymnastics consists of a whole complex of movements.
Exercises begin with the lying position on the floor:
- Lie on your stomach and keep your hands along the trunk, then lift the leg smoothly, without flexing during movement. Start with a healthier limb. The climb will be about 15 cm up, hold your foot and then lower it. Rest, start lifting the other leg.
With these simple techniques, gymnastics for hip arthrosis trains the hip and gluteal muscles, with minimal involvement of the joint. The load is static, which is a priority for us. Taz tightly fix to the floor, do not tear it off. Alternate movements with rest. At first, repeat the exercise 1-2 times, no more. The second time there is an increase in the amplitude.
- Take the same position - then bend the healthy leg and simultaneously raise it to the possible height for you without pain, hold up. The second time the exercise is done with a slightly higher distance of the foot from the floor, only about 10 approaches.
- The next movement for arthrosis of the hip joint can be done in the case of a person of at least 39 years of age. In the same position, the flat legs are raised from the floor, then they freeze for a few seconds and lowered. The movement will be additionally enhanced by the addition of legs to the sides, but it is necessary to complicate the movements in subsequent sessions.
- After the done exercises, turn to the side. Start with a healthy limb. Raise one small amplitude first, then the other leg.
Choose a set of exercises as far as physical fitness!
The exercise can be complicated as dynamically, by increasing the tempo and amplitude of movements, either statically by increasing the time of keeping the foot at maximum height, or adding weight to the cuff. The foot should thus freely hang inwards and the calf muscle groups do not strain.
Proceed to the next group of exercises as your physical fitness improves.
- Lying face up, bend and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. Then lift the pelvis above the floor, each repetition accompanied by hovering over the floor at the highest point, the amplitude of the movements should gradually increase. In a dynamic variant, the pelvic oscillation is possible several times, without interruption.
- Starting position: sitting with straight legs. Slopes are carried out with a grip of the feet or toes, if possible. Static option - with pulling the trunk forward and dying for a minute or more in this position. It may not work out right away, but the movement is aimed at stretching the ligaments of the hip muscles and this is useful after a static effort. It can be done only once a day, without much strain.
- Sit on a chair and lift in turn the right and left legs, bent at the knee, then at the highest height, fix the knees in the air for 30 seconds or more.
Exercises for initial manifestations of
Only at the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint therapeutic gymnastics allows the following two exercises.
- Sitting on the floor, back to the wall. Legs straighten and maximally bred in the sides. It is necessary to bend the aching leg in the knee gradually, and then bend the knee of the diseased leg inward with swaying movements.
- The starting position is sitting. Bend your foot with a foot and pull it towards you. Legs are spread out to the sides as much as possible.
Gymnastics is completed with arthrosis of the hip joint with massage techniques. Wash the thigh higher and lower than the knee with energetic movements until a sensation of warmth.
With the improvement of well-being, the complex gradually expands and more often makes static movements with possible load. For this, the following exercises are introduced to previous exercises of medical gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip joint.
- Stand up, put a healthy foot on a bench, hold your hand. A patient with his foot makes flies in different directions. Muscles should not be strained, just feet. You can complicate: bend a sore leg and lead to the side, then bring it to your stomach not abruptly and smoothly.
- Standing on all fours unbend your legs in turn in the hip joint, delaying on weight not for long. You can perform an exercise with weighed cuffs.
- Lying on your stomach, make the movements creeping as if a person. Complete the complex physical exercise by waving your legs and arms, relaxing and stretching your muscles.
Lie on your back for a while, you can close your eyes and your favorite melody. Do not forget to make regular movements, otherwise there will be no effect.
Also recommend reading