|Gout is a disease that results in the accumulation of salts of uric acid in the human body. Gout attacks can occur unexpectedly. Most attacks occur at night. Symptoms of gout are characterized by severe pain, swelling and redness of the inflamed joints. Most often inflamed joints of the toes. Against the background of all this, the body temperature can rise and there is a strong weakness. |
With gout, treatment and nutrition are very interrelated. The main thing for gout is to eat right. When the disease is prohibited many products. You need to know these foods and nutrition rules.
Authorized and Prohibited Products for Gout
People with this disease benefit from almost all vegetables. Contraindicated only acute vegetables, such as radish, cauliflower, horseradish, spinach and sorrel. What foods can I eat? You are allowed to eat fruit. It can even be citrus and exotic fruits. From the dairy kitchen, all low-fat foods or products with the lowest fat content are useful. You can pamper yourself with both butter and vegetable oil, but in very small quantities. Benefit will bring the chicken and quail eggs. When gout is recommended to include in your diet cereals from whole grains and nuts.
There is a list of products that are strictly prohibited in use in case of illness.
These are products such as:
It is allowed to eat lean meat or fish, but in very small quantities. But meat broths should be completely ruled out. Drinking coffee or tea is also prohibited. Take alcoholic beverages is not allowed.
Gout and principles of nutrition
Restriction in the use of protein and fat - the principle of nutrition in case of illness. As a result, in order for the energy value to reach the physiological level, it is necessary to increase the intake of carbohydrates.
Foods that are rich in purines and oxalic acid are tolerated in very small quantities. If fish and meat are allowed in a minimum amount, then only in a boiled form, as the purines remain in the broth.
Drinking with gout should be abundant, in order to leave uric acid.
You must drink at least 2 liters. But one should take into account the fact that such a plentiful drink is impossible for people with kidney and heart diseases. It is very useful to drink broth of dogrose, vegetable and citrus juices, diuretic teas and sour-milk products.
The mineral water of Essentuki is very useful. With its regular use, the effectiveness of treatment has been proven. When drinking mineral water "Essentuki" from the human body, a patient with gout, uric acid is excreted. The acid-base balance is restored. Since the mineral water "Essentuki" is a natural and natural source, its use is safe. Many patients argue that, taking regular therapeutic mineral water "Essentuki", markedly reduced attacks of gout. Take "Essentuki" preferably without gases 4 times a day for 250 ml an hour before meals.
As for alcoholic beverages, it is banned. Especially it concerns beer and red wine. The fact is that ethanol, which contains these drinks, blocks the yield of uric acid and even increases its amount. The use of alcohol( even with a single use) can trigger an attack of the disease.
Regardless of how much weight you have, you need to arrange a day of unloading once a week. Such days are spent on vegetables and fruits. You should not completely starve on this day. Fasting with ailment is prohibited. The fact is that when fasting, the level of uric acid increases, and this provokes an attack of the disease. On a fasting day, drink up to 1.5 liters of liquid. When the disease is important - to eat properly and regularly( 4 times a day).
How to prepare decoctions of herbs to treat gout?
Broth of dog rose takes the first place among other medicinal decoctions. The matter is that the dog rose contains a lot of vitamin C, and the correctly prepared broth of dogrose stores up to 80% of this vitamin, which is necessary for people with gout disease. In order to prepare the broth, you need to take a glass of steep boiling water and a teaspoon of rose hips. Fruits must be crushed and thoroughly dried. Fruit is poured into the glass with boiling water. The broth is infused for about 2 hours. After this, it must be filtered. It is desirable that you had a thermos bottle. In it you can pour the broth and insist it there. With the infusion of the decoction in the thermos he gets more saturated and stores more vitamins. Drink it in half a glass 4-5 times a day.
Unique action for gout is and such grass as the Caucasian dioscorea. Decoction of this herb not only heals gout, but also has a complex health-improving effect on the human body. To prepare the broth, take a teaspoon of the crushed root of the grass and pour a glass of boiling water. Next, the broth is heated in a water bath for 20 minutes, filtered. How to drink this broth? Drink a tablespoon 4 times a day, preferably after a meal.
A decoction of pine buds is very effective in combating gout. It is added to the bath. Take 500-600 g of pine cones and pour 5 liters of boiling water. The broth is infused for 4 hours. Further, a bath with the addition of decoction is taken.
How to eat properly and properly with gout?
Diet for gout
The diet for gout is perhaps one of the main measures aimed at the speedy removal of pain syndrome and normalization of metabolism in the body.
Gout is a systemic disease that results in impaired uric acid metabolism. Gout often recurs, against the background of well-being, there may be an exacerbation. Salts of sodium urate accumulate in the ligamentous apparatus, articular joints, cartilaginous membranes, etc. Most often gout is observed in those people who do not control food intake, often uses meat, spicy foods, alcohol. To aggravate the predisposition to the disease can be a fixed rhythm of life, emotional shock, chronic stress. An hereditary factor of transmission of the disease also takes place, especially if the lifestyle described above is adopted in the family. Gout begins acutely, most often at night. First, the pain is localized in the large joint of the toes, in the foot, elbows and knees. Pain can last a day, then wane, leaving a feeling of lack of mobility and friction in the joint. Seizures can be repeated, spreading to other joints, the affected articular articulation, markedly redness. To alleviate the condition, a diet is prescribed, based on reducing the amount of protein consumed to 0.8-1 grams per kg.body weight, which will stop the production of uric acid by the body.
Diet for gout on the legs
Gout is a fairly common pathology of articular joints, the cause of gout lies in the violation of normal metabolism in the body, and specifically - when accumulates in the articular bags and ligaments urate sodium( its salt residue).
Diet with gout on the legs requires the patient to keep certain limits of the permitted products, eat only in moderation and not to starve, fasting produces more uric acid, and this provokes peaks of pain. Overeating increases the burden on the urinary system, and this also leads to excessive accumulation of uric acid. Patients with gout are contraindicated for eating meat, fish, broths in meat and fish, animal fats, all smoked, by-products, caviar. Also you will have to refrain from using beans, spices. In addition, the diet with gout on the legs implies a complete refusal to drink alcoholic beverages - beer, wine and other. The patient is contraindicated: chocolate, strong tea, coffee, cocoa, cakes with creams, raspberries, figs, grapes, spicy and salty cheeses.
Diet for gout on hands
Diet for gout on the hands means stabilization of the percentage of urea in the body, as well as metabolism in general, by excluding from the daily diet of food containing many urine bases. At the same time it is allowed to consume milk, eggs, fruits, vegetables, cheese, it is established that in them the percentage of purines is very low, besides they have high energy value and perfectly satisfy hunger.
With gout, uric acid is most often deposited in articular hand bags, causing inflammation and severe pain. At the peak of the aggravation of the patient's illness, concern is the limited and painful movements. The first thing that can help at such a moment is a strict diet with the exception of certain foods.
Almost all types of meat are not recommended for consumption, broths except broths on vegetables, sauce refuellings, jellied, smoked, packaged soups, fish eggs, fish, canned goods, saturated tea, coffee, cocoa, legumes, extended shelf life products, spicy herbs,cakes with cream, chocolate, alcohol, figs, grapes, raspberries.
Restrict daily consumption of boiled poultry and fish, tomatoes( no more than 3 per day), cabbage color, sorrel, bell pepper, celery, rhubarb and asparagus. Also, you should limit the amount of green onions and parsley, butter, milk.
In the menu for each day you can include such products: squid, shrimp, chicken eggs, vegetarian soups, low-fat cottage cheese, cheese, sour cream, various cereals, bread, pasta, nuts, seeds, cabbage, various vegetables, honey, marmalade, marshmallows, apples, citrus, melons, avocados. Kvass, juices, compotes, various vegetable oil.
With strict adherence to dietary nutrition and proper medication, painful spasms in the movement in the hands will decrease, and the usual movements will not cause unbearable pain.
Diet 6 for gout
Diet 6 for gout is also indicated for the treatment of diseases of the urinary system, diathesis with high uric acid, oxaluria, cystinuria. Nutrition is aimed at normalizing the production of uric acid, restoring the normal environment of urine( from acidic to alkaline).
The use of dietary nutrition in reducing the intake of foods rich in purines, oxalic acid and the predominance of food in the daily menu, which can normalize the metabolism. Special preparation of the products is not necessary, the cooking process is simple enough, but meat and fish products need to be boiled in order to withdraw some of the purines from the products into broth broth. Further, based on the boiled products, you can prepare a variety of second dishes, but remember that meat can be consumed no more than 2-3 times a week for 150 grams, fish can be eaten more often, but portions of not more than 170 grams.
You need to eat a meal, 4-6 times a day, not forgetting to drink while drinking enough liquid. Once in seven-ten days you can arrange days of unloading, eating cottage cheese or fruit, you can also kefir. On such days the patient needs to drink at least 2.5 liters of fluid. Fasting is unacceptable, as it can cause complication of the disease.
Menu diet 6 for gout should comply with the norms: daily protein ratio 80-90 g, fat daily ratio 80-90 g, carbohydrate daily coefficient 400 g;the number of calories per day 2600-2900 kcal;retinol 0.5 mg, thiamine 1.5 mg, ascorbic acid 150 mg;sodium 4 g, potassium 3.5 g, calcium 0.75 g, etc.
You can eat a little lean fish, dairy products, cereals, eggs, vegetables, fruits, alkaline mineral water, weak tea.
Diet 8 for gout
Diet 8 for gout is prescribed if the patient has obesity of any degree. Obesity, as a consequence of overeating, creates an additional burden on all body systems and aggravates any current disease. The essence of the diet is to eliminate excess fat in the tissues. Caloric content of the diet is maintained due to a greater percentage of proteins and a decrease in the percentage of fats and virtually eliminating carbohydrates( 120-130 g of proteins, 80 g of fat, 120 g of carbohydrates, calories - up to 2000).
Menu table № 8 allows you to use: a little rye, wheat bread with bran, soups on vegetables, 2-3 times a week you can eat a little lean beef, dishes based on chicken, fish - hake, cod. Fish and meat are served stewed, boiled and baked. Cereals and pasta are limited. Sour milk products - kefir, low-fat cottage cheese. Eggs can be eaten no more than 1-2 per day. Berries and fruits can be eaten fresh and as compotes, juices. Showed tea, weak coffee, juices from fruits, vegetables. Completely excluded from the menu: baked pastry, pasta, various sweets, rice and semolina, sweet fruit, grapes, any fatty or spicy food is also contraindicated.
Diet menu for gout
The diet menu for gout excludes foods rich in purine. Only limiting the production of uric acid can alleviate pain. The diet should be taken seriously enough, the food is divided into fractions - 4 times a day, it is absolutely unacceptable to starve - this stimulates the production of uric acid. It is important to note that dietary nutrition is important, as is treatment with medicines. Variations in dietary nutrition are many, but many patients make an exemplary menu themselves, based on the differences of a particular organism and taking as a basis the products allowed for consumption. Diet № 6 with gout is the most effective complex for diet therapy for gout, but some nuances of nutrition still better clarified by the treating doctor to avoid possible complications. So, consider an approximate diet for one day with a gout:
- 1st breakfast: vegetable salad, fruit pie with millet, boiled egg.
- 2 nd breakfast: broth of wild rose, you can brew a berry broth.
- Lunch: noodles on milk, jelly.
- Snack: fresh fruit.
- Dinner: syrniki, vegetable cabbage rolls, not strong tea.
The resulted menu approximately, as a dish for a dinner it is possible to prepare a vegetable stew or other hot dish. The nature of the dishes can vary, but one rule should be unchanged - a larger percentage of food should be served in a liquid form.
Diet for a week with gout
The diet for a week with gout can be quite varied and tasty, most importantly - do not go beyond and prepare meals only from the allowed products. Special cooking skills are not required, preparing special dishes for gout patients is easy, and they are in many respects similar to the food of vegetarians.
A strict diet for a week with gout is prescribed in the acute period of the disease, in addition, the patient is prescribed a strict bed rest, medicinal treatment prescribed by a doctor. The food should be mostly liquid, it is unacceptably fasting, it is also important to drink about two liters of liquid per day. Example of dietary nutrition for two days with gout:
- Before meals: a glass of rose hip broth.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, cabbage salad.
- 2 breakfast: vegetable juice.
- Lunch: borscht on vegetable broth, a piece of boiled meat with white sauce( no more than 100 gr.)
- Snack: a glass of rosehip broth.
- Dinner: buckwheat with milk, vegetable cabbage rolls.
- Before going to bed: fruit juice.
The second day:
- Before meals: a glass of rose hip broth.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, beet salad, seasoned with butter or sour cream.
- 2 breakfast: vegetable juice.
- Lunch: vegetable soup with pearl barley, cabbage schnitzel.
- Snack: fruit juice.
- Dinner: carrot chops, kissel.
- Before going to bed: watermelon or a glass of curdled milk.
The list of dishes can be combined, do not forget that the effect of diet therapy can be achieved and fixed for a long time only if it is fully observed.
Recipes for gout
Recipes for gout are not complex and do not require special preparation or a specific set of products. Vegetable slicks, salads:
- Salad from cucumbers and lettuce leaves. Vegetables finely chop, salt, you can fill with sour cream or low-fat cream.
- Vinaigrette. Cut the boiled potatoes, carrots, beets into cubes, add chopped cucumbers, apples, lettuce leaves. Mix all ingredients, add salt and season with sunflower oil. Carrot salad with green peas. Carrots grind with a grater, add greens and canned peas, season with low-fat sour cream.
- Potato soup. First, the potatoes are cooked until ready, then it is wiped through a sieve and diluted with a decoction to the desired state. Then add white sauce, butter and egg. All together boiled for a few minutes, after which it is served to the table with greens and sour cream. Milk Vermicelli Soup. First, the vermicelli is cooked in water for about 5 minutes, then boiled milk is added and the soup is cooked until the vermicelli is ready. At the end of the cooking, add butter and sugar.
Garnish, desserts and sauces:
- Oatmeal with milk. Boil the milk, add the oatmeal, salt and sugar to taste, cook until cooked. At the end of the cooking, add a little butter.
- Omelette. Rub in a small amount of milk flour, then add the beaten eggs, the remnants of milk, once again shake everything and put in a frying pan in the oven at an average temperature.
- Cheesecake. Mix cottage cheese with semolina, egg to a thick consistency, then form the syrup and roll in flour. Fry in oil and serve warm for tea.
- White sauce. Dry the flour in a frying pan to a cream shade, combine with butter, stirring constantly. Add the hot broth to the mixture and boil for 10 minutes.
Diet for exacerbation of gout
The diet for exacerbation of gout is prescribed at the first manifestation of the disease. The aggravation most often begins at night, like an attack of acute arthritis of the first metatarsal-phalanal joint. Symptoms:
- Rapid development of clinical symptoms, reaches a maximum in 2-6 hours.
- Strong painful sensations in the affected joint bag.
- Swelling and redness of the affected joint.
- The disappearance of all manifestations of the disease in 5-14 days with the restoration of motor activity.
The main principle of treatment during the period of exacerbation is to prevent the progression of the disease, with the formation of a correct lifestyle of the patient.
- Restricting the consumption of meat, broths, poultry, fish, offal, seafood, beans).In the diet should be a lot of carbohydrates and milk proteins. The liquid is consumed up to 2-3 liters per day.
- Refusal of alcoholic beverages.
- Change of treatment regimen if diuretics are prescribed.
The diet for exacerbation of gout is prescribed for 10-14 days. The emphasis on the menu is on the use of liquid food - sour-milk products, kissels, compotes, juices, weak tea, soups from vegetables. It is useful to drink alkaline mineral water.
During the exacerbation of digestive disorders, it is important to maintain a sparing diet. When the disease goes on a decline, you can eat a small amount of meat and fish( not more often 1-2 times a week and 100-150 gr.).You can use dairy products, vegetables, eggs, cereals, fruits.
The antipuric diet is a menu with products in which the uric acid content is almost minimal. Assign her with gout, as well as those who have urate nephrolithiasis, hyperuricemia, hyperuricosuria.
Completely banned the use of:
- Honey, coffee, chocolate, grapes and its products, broths( except vegetable), smoked products, by-products, legumes, cakes, cream cakes, whole milk, sorrel, turnip, radish, fish, pork, cauliflower,alcohol.
Restrict intake for food:
- Whole boiled-smoked, coffee, tomato, greens, plums, fat, butter.
It is recommended to eat:
- Potatoes, cereals, chicken, rabbit, carrots, beets, cucumbers, pumpkin, sour cream, cottage cheese, kefir, watermelons, lemons, white cabbage, onion, garlic, white bread, eggs, green tea, dill, sausages,boiled sausage, vegetable oil.
An antipuric diet is prescribed for a period of 10-14 days, until the patient's condition improves. Further, depending on the state of health, little by little, more foods are introduced into the diet, but according to the main provisions of the diet. A sharp change in the diet can trigger another aggravation and in this case you will have to start treatment first.
Diet for gout and arthritis
The diet for gout and arthritis, or, as they say, "aristocrat disease" is reduced to one - restriction of food intake, rich in uric acid. The disease is unpleasant, mainly due to severe pain in the joints, but easily amenable to treatment, and first of all, thanks to a diet.
Even with the most expensive foreign medicines without a diet, recovery will not come. With proper dietary nutrition, the improvement occurs after a week or two, and under certain conditions of treatment, after a year all restrictions and prohibitions on the use of foods can be abolished altogether.
At first, it is worth to abandon the meat of animals, meat and fish soups, by-products, sardines, herring, mackerel, alcohol.
Reduce the use of beef, sausages, fish, beans, radish, cauliflower, spinach, cocoa, coffee.
Do not confine yourself to eating cereals, pasta, dairy products, cheese, eggs, jelly, oil. You can vegetable soups on vegetable broth, meat and fish can, but only in a cooked form and not more often 1-2 times a week.
If there are no pathologies from the cardiovascular system and the urinary system, you can increase the daily intake of fluid to 2-2.5 liters per day. A decoction of wild rose, juices from berries, lime tea is useful. From mineral waters it is possible alkaline waters - Smirnovsky, Borjomi.
Diet for gout and obesity
The diet for gout and obesity is based on a reduction in the amount of calories in the daily diet due to light and quickly digestible carbohydrates, fats, while increasing the percentage of protein in a daily portion. Due to this, the body weight decreases, fat metabolism and water-electrolyte balance are restored.
According to the composition, the daily norm of diet No. 8 contains: proteins - 100-110 g, fats - 80-90 g( of which 50% are plant), carbohydrates - 120-150 g, kilocalories - 1600-1800.Only in a hospital with a severe degree of obesity, a diet with an energy value of 1200 kcal is prescribed.
It should be eaten in fractional portions, 5-6 times a day, with a small volume. Calculate the weight of the portion can be done with the help of kitchen scales, and the volume of the portion is reached at the expense of vegetables, it gives a feeling of satiety, and also does not create an organism for a stressful situation and the diet can be observed for a long period of time. Dishes should be better stewed, boiled, baked, and the use of fried, chopped dishes is better to reduce
Liquid with diet number 8 is regulated in a volume of 1.2-1.5 liters. For example - no more than half a bowl of soup, no more than 5-6 glasses of liquid per day, salt - about 5g, give up spices and alcohol. You can consume seafood( if there are no contraindications).
If you follow a diet, and at a later date include in the daily routine of physical activity, you can accelerate the process of recovery and restore metabolism, fixing a positive result. Of course, following the prescription of a nutritionist, you can stop acute attacks of gout, but you can cure completely only when combined with drug therapy. Therefore, when the first signs appear, you should immediately go to a clinic to a specialist to prevent the development of severe systemic changes. It is absolutely counter-indicative to be engaged in a selftreatment and to ignore a prescription of a diet at a gout.
Sample menu and diet for gout
During an attack around the joint, redness and swelling occur.
Gout is a serious joint disease. It occurs due to the deposition of uric acid salts in the human body. As a rule, gout usually manifests itself at night during sleep. At such times a person experiences severe pain in the area of inflamed joints( in most cases it is the joints of the toes), as well as fever, general weakness and aching pain in the abdomen. Soft tissues around the patient's joint become very inflamed and swell, and the skin acquires a bright red color. To date, almost all symptoms are known and treatment methods are developed, but the most important factor in fighting the disease is adherence to a diet for gout, which is aimed at reducing the level of uric acid in the human body.
Proper nutrition is the key to effective treatment. Admission of drugs must be accompanied by a special diet. When treating gout, it is very important to delete from your diet all foods that contain a large amount of urate salts( the so-called urates).This contributes to a significant slowdown in the development of the disease and a marked improvement in the patient's condition. Long adherence to the therapeutic diet will not only significantly increase the time interval between attacks of gout, but also significantly reduce their intensity, reduce pain and inflammation of the joints.
Proper nutrition with gout
Today, to successfully combat gout, doctors strongly recommend that their patients completely abandon the use of animal proteins. However, one should not think that only they can worsen the condition of patients and cause a new attack. In addition to proteins, animal fats and various digestible carbohydrates are a great danger for people suffering from gout. As with diabetes, gout patients are advised to completely avoid foods high in sugar.
The basis of the patient's menu should be vegetables
Fasting is contraindicated in patients with gout, so the food should be fractional( there is a need often, but in small portions). According to the rules of nutrition for this disease, for one day a patient needs to eat at least 5-6 times.
Diet for gout requires a minimum of once a week of special days of release, during which the patient must eat exclusively fresh fruit or vegetables. You can eat these products in this week, both raw and cooked, the main thing is that they are prepared without the addition of salt. It should be emphasized that during the unloading day, the patient is allowed to eat only one kind of fruit or vegetables, for example, once a week apples or pears, cooked carrots or baked potatoes.
In addition, the rice and apple version of the day of unloading enjoys enormous popularity among patients with gout.
As you can understand from the very name of the diet, once a week for the whole day the patient needs food containing only boiled rice and raw apples. To this diet has given the desired health effect, you need to be able to properly prepare a useful rice porridge, without violating the dietician's prohibitions.
To prepare dietary rice porridge, take 75 grams of rice, pour 750 ml of milk and cook until ready. Ready rice porridge must be divided into three equal parts. You will have to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Between these meals are allowed to eat apples. However, remember that the total weight of the fruit you eat should not exceed 300 g. Apples can be eaten and raw, but it is best to cut fruit and weld them unsweetened compote.
Recipes of therapeutic dishes
It is very important to ensure that the diet of the ill, despite numerous prohibitions, remained full, balanced and contained all the necessary nutrients for the body. Here are some simple recipes of dishes that will be useful for gout and can be served daily on the patient's table.
Vegetarian borsch. To prepare one of the dietary foods, the following foods will be needed:
Vegetarian borscht is prepared from fresh vegetables and without preliminary frying
- 170 g of potatoes;
- 150 g cabbage;
- 160 g of beet;
- 120 g of tomatoes;
- 65 g carrots;
- 50 g of onion;
- 30 g of sour cream;
- 30 g of parsley.
Cooking. First, boil the beet to half cooked( preferably in a double boiler), peel and peel on a large grater. Then finely chop the cabbage. Potatoes and tomatoes peel and cut into cubes, carrots thin straws, onion semirings. Next, add all the prepared vegetables in one pan, fill with cold water and leave the soup to cook until ready. Before you serve ready borsch on the table, season it with sour cream and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Potato soup. During the diet with gout, you can cook and put on the table incredibly light and delicious potato soup, which will be useful for diabetes. To cook a diet potato soup, you will need:
- several potato tubers;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 1 tbsp.flour;
- fresh sour cream;
- natural butter;
- greens to taste.
Cooking. Peel the potatoes and cook until they are ready. Then pour the potato broth into a separate container( do not empty it), and grind the potatoes well and wipe them through a sieve. Next, proceed to prepare the sauce for this dish. First, warm the flour in the oven a little, then dilute it in 50 ml of potato broth and boil it well. Now combine in one pot the crushed potatoes, the previously merged broth and sauce from the burnt flour and mix everything thoroughly. Then add chicken egg and butter to the soup. Bring to a boil again - and you can serve the ready soup on the table, adding a little sour cream and chopped greens to the plate.Vegetable stew. To prepare a tasty and very useful vegetable stew, take:
- 7 potato tubers;
- 4 red carrots;
- 1 full glass of fresh green peas;
- 1 small onion;
- 100 g fresh sour cream;
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil;
- salt to taste.
Cut the onions into small cubes and fry in a frying pan in warmed vegetable oil. When the onion turns golden, add the finely chopped carrots to it and simmer the vegetables until they become soft. Then put in the frying pan in advance boiled green peas and boiled potatoes, cut into medium cubes. After this, add the sour cream and a little salt to the dish and leave to stew for another 15 minutes. Before serving, pour the vegetable ragout with melted butter.
Buckwheat porridge. Dietary buckwheat porridge, especially useful for gout patients, is prepared as follows. Take 50 g of buckwheat and pour it 100 g of clean cold water. Then add a small pinch of salt, mix it well and put it on the stove, covering the pan with a lid. When the buckwheat grains absorb water, stir well the gruel with a spoon and leave it to cook on a small fire for another half hour.
Before serving porridge on the table, add 1 tsp to it.butter.
What can and can not be eaten with a sick gout
People suffering from gout are not only able to, but also need to add to their diet as many fresh vegetables as possible, which contain a large number of vitamins and microelements needed by the patient's body. The only exception to this rule are vegetables with a sharp taste, such as horseradish, garlic or radish. It is strongly advised not to eat sorrel, spinach and celery greens, as well as cauliflower.
In addition, the therapeutic diet for gout approves the use by patients with food of any kind of fruit, like traditional apples, plums and pears, and exotic grapefruits, bananas and pineapples. Treatment of gout should be accompanied by the intake of skim milk, low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt and other low-fat dairy products. In addition, patients with gout should include in their diet dishes of eggs, especially quail. Doctors recommend eating cereals from whole grains, various nuts and natural honey. It is very useful to perform herbal treatment that will help reduce inflammation and improve the condition of the patient.
People suffering from gout are categorically prohibited from eating any kinds of smoked products. Meat and fish can be placed on the table only in very small quantities. But the best salt is to exclude table salt from your diet.
In addition, the list of products that are banned by the sick gout, were:
- cute beans;
- ripe peas;
- all kinds of mushrooms;
- any beans;
- all seasonings and spices, except for laurel leaves and apple and wine vinegar;
You can not drink coffee, black and green tea, any alcoholic beverages. Liquid dishes from fish, meat and poultry, even broths are forbidden. Under the strict ban, all kinds of chocolate and cocoa beverages were introduced.
Sample menu for patients with gout.
- Menu for gout for breakfast: salad made from fresh vegetables( tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, etc.) and flavored with vegetable oil, pudding from millet, sweet apples and carrots, egg, boiled soft-boiled, herbal tea. A sample menu for a second breakfast is a decoction of rose hips.
- Lunch: milk soup with homemade noodles, cutlets from potatoes( can be fried), berry jelly.
- Snack: fresh apples.
- Dishes for dinner: stuffed cabbage stuffed with boiled rice with various vegetables, baked syrniki, herbal tea.
Before going to bed, you can be pampered with a decoction of bran. Be healthy.
Broth of dogrose: benefit and harm - Health Era
What is it?
Rosehip is a bush with beautiful flowers, like roses. Such a plant belongs to wild plants, and its homeland is the mountains of the Himalayas and the slopes of Iran. But today bushes can be found in other places, for example, in parks, forests, gardens. The hips are bright red, sour-sweet to the taste, having inside the small seeds. It is berries most often used for the preparation of various products, such as broth, infusion, tinctures and so on. But other parts of the plant, such as flower petals or roots, can also be used. The benefits of fruits have been known since the earliest times, our ancestors used berries. To this day, the properties of fruits, benefits, their potential harm and effects on the body are being studied.
The composition of the berries is very rich and simply amazing, this explains the benefits. Here that includes: vitamin B2, E, K, C, P, amino acids, riboflavin, carotene, various organic acids( malic and citric), essential oils, tannins, sugars, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, siliconAnd so on.
So, what is the benefit of such a drink? Here are some properties of the broth of the dog rose:
- The work of the cardiovascular system is normalized: the walls of the vessels are strengthened and become more elastic( and this prevents the development of such a disease as atherosclerosis), the work of the heart is improving. By the way, the drink is able to normalize the level of blood pressure.
- There is an incredible amount of vitamin C, which plays a very important role in strengthening immunity. Use a drink every day to forget about frequent colds and infections. And you are guaranteed a charge of vivacity!
Broth of wild rose helps to normalize the gallbladder.
This is an excellent and effective cholagogue, which normalizes the gallbladder.
- The liver also has a positive effect.
- As the composition of iron, the risk of anemia will decrease at times, and the existing problem can be eliminated. Remember that hemoglobin is responsible for carrying oxygen to the tissues, so anemia is dangerous!
- The use of the drink extends to the excretory and genitourinary systems. The work of the kidneys and bladder will improve.
- It is worth noting antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, which allow you to prevent and eliminate inflammations of a different nature.
- With colds and other diseases, decoction of the dogrose will significantly accelerate the healing process.
- Rosehip is a storehouse of vitamins, so broths can and should be consumed by children, expectant mothers, weakened people during rehabilitation, and also to those who suffer from vitamin deficiency.
- We should not forget about the antioxidant activity, which allows to neutralize the effect of dangerous free radicals provoking development of oncological diseases.
- The drink is also useful if it is prone to bleeding or when menstruation is excessive in women.
- Fruits and broths are useful for gout, as with regular and proper use will be excreted urates( salts of uric acid, which provoke the development of the disease, deposited on the joints).
This is the benefit of a decoction. But harm is also likely, more about this later.
Threats and Dangers
Can a decoction of rose hips cause harm to health? Completely, but only under certain conditions.
First of all, it is worth remembering the contraindications:
- Some diseases of the cardiovascular system( for example, endocarditis).
- Serious circulatory disorders, increased risk of blood clots.
- Metabolic disorders( in particular, salt metabolism).
- Kidney pathology, renal failure.
- Caution should also be given to people with gallstones.
- Ulcer of the duodenum or stomach, as well as gastritis and increased acidity of gastric juice. Thinning of tooth enamel or increased sensitivity of teeth and gums.
Also, harm can be caused by abuse. In this case, abdominal pain and other digestive disorders are possible. In addition, allergies may occur. And still ascorbic acid, which is contained here in almost a record quantity, is capable of destroying tooth enamel, so it's worth remembering it and protecting your teeth.
Excessive use of decoction can cause abdominal pain.
To protect yourself from surprises and consequences, first consult a specialist, and only then start to drink broths.
How to prepare a decoction?
To minimize harm and get the maximum benefit, it is important to properly prepare the drink. For preparation you can use both fresh and dried fruits( the latter are available almost at any time of the year).Berry rinse and dry. If desired, they can be crushed.
As for proportions, usually 10 parts of water are taken for one part of the fruit( the amount of fresh fruit can be increased by 1.5-2 times), that is, for example, taking 100 grams of berries, prepare a liter of water.
To get a drink, put the fruits in a saucepan, pour them with water. Put the pan on medium heat. After boiling water, cook for 5-10 minutes, and then the fire can be turned off. After that, pour the liquid with berries into a thermos bottle and insist at least 3-4 hours, and preferably overnight.
The above is a classic and the most common recipe, but if desired, other ingredients, such as raspberries, mountain ash, herbs or something else, can be added to the broth. You can also use sugar, but it's better not to do it.
How to use?
How to drink broth of a dogrose with advantage for health? Here are some useful recommendations:
- First of all, follow the dosage. For example, a child under the age of 12-14 years to prevent colds should give half a glass of drink a day, for adolescents, the volume can be increased to 200-250 milliliters per day. An adult can drink 2-3 glasses.
- It is not recommended to drink such a drink on an empty stomach, since the acid can have a negative effect on its walls and mucous membranes. It is best to drink the decoction after eating or directly before it.
- To protect your teeth and enamel, it is best to drink a drink through a tube, and in the absence of it, you need to rinse your mouth after use.
- If you experience discomfort or any anxiety symptoms, you should stop taking the medication.
Let the dog rose give you health! But for this, observe the rules, do not exceed the norms and remember the possible threats.
Gout - diet: allowed and prohibited productsIMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors are dumbfounded! The pain in the joints is FOREVER!Just before bedtime. .. Read on - & gt;
Factors leading to the development of gout are: inadequacy;lack of clean, fresh air and an unfavorable ecological situation;disturbed drinking regimen. But the most important factor is malnutrition. The disease, unfortunately, is incurable, but the condition can and should be stabilized with the help of a diet. By giving up a number of foods and eating other healthy foods, you can alleviate the symptoms of gout.
General principles of the diet for gout
Gout - symptoms, treatment and diet is an extensive field of medical research, which it is not difficult to familiarize with.
However, there is still a common perception that gout is a disease of glutton, and it is enough not to overeat, to give up fatty and fried foods, smoking and alcohol, then gout will recede. Alas, this is not entirely true.
When gout is almost the most important is the diet. Meals should be oriented at the same time each day. You need to eat 4 or 5 times without overeating , but without limiting yourself in nutrients. Excess weight is harmful, but it is also harmful and a sharp decrease in weight. Therefore, you need to monitor yourself, arranging unloading days as needed and do not eat high-calorie foods.
Gout: Prohibited Foods
Diet for gout is a temporary measure, it is a principle of nutrition, even a way of life based on the care of one's health. First of all, in your diet, you must necessarily reduce consumption( or exclude altogether) those products that contain purines - compounds involved in the synthesis of uric acid. The daily norm of purines for gout is about 100-150 mg. In a healthy person, it is much higher - up to 800 mg of purines.
It is food rich in purines that are forbidden for gout. High purine products include:
- black tea( 2800 mg), coffee( 1200 mg), cocoa( 1,900 mg), chocolate( 620 mg);
- peas( 45 mg), beans( 44 mg), lentils( 70 mg), rice( 18 mg), oats( 30 mg);Veal( 48 mg), beef( 40 mg), goose( 33 mg), low-fat pork( 70 mg), fat pork( 48 mg), liver( 95 mg), animal language( 55 mg);
- sardines( 120 mg), river fish( 48-54 mg), herring( 79 mg), sprats( 92 mg);
- spinach( 23 mg), asparagus( 14 mg).
Purines in black tea, cocoa and coffee are not split into uric acid. But they have diuretic properties, so they dehydrate the cell and thereby increase the concentration of uric acid. It is much more useful to drink a sweet compote. It is better to use sugar as a sweetener. Honey and gout are not the best combination. Honey contains oxalic acid, harmful for gout.
Harmful as salty, spicy food and alcoholic beverages. Vodka and gout are the most harmful combination, so alcohol should be banned. In liquor, many purines, in addition, vodka and other alcohol dehydrates the body and thereby increases the concentration of uric acid, which leads to intoxication of the body. Alcohol and gout - an mutually exclusive combination, even in the smallest doses.
Useful products for gout
Foods in which there are few purines, but in which a high content of substances useful to humans, are conditionally considered useful for gout.
You need to eat as many high-fiber foods as possible, which helps maintain normal weight. These can be cereals, whole grains, muesli or diet breads.
Another group of healthy products - vegetables, fruits and nuts, containing the essential vitamins C, E, A, D, as well as B vitamins, various minerals, antioxidants( lycopene, polyphenols, anthocyanins). Antioxidants strengthen the body's immune properties , increase your ability to withstand various ailments.
When gout is useful not only vegetables, berries and fruits, but also a variety of greens( except sorrel): parsley, dill, coriander. They need to eat every day and a lot. Cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, melon, pineapple, watermelon, celery, strawberries, cranberries, black currants should be regularly on the gout table. In these fruits, there are few purines, but a lot of fiber, vitamins and "good" carbohydrates.
Gout: what you can eat
During periods of exacerbation of the disease, you should completely eliminate the consumption of meat and fish.
At such times it is useful to spend unloading days when full refusal of food is practiced, only juices, compotes and kissels, as well as alkaline mineral water and non-aerated water purified by reverse osmosis technology, are used.
During the period of remission, only low-fat dietary meats with low purine content should be eaten: white chicken fillet, turkey fillet, low-fat rabbit meat( legs).Cottage cheese and cheese do not contain purines( or contain them in an insignificant amount, for example, in cheese "Adyghe" only 0.4 mg), so they should be in the menu of gout. There are no purines in the egg whites, and there are very few of them in the yolk.
Tomatoes are one of the best foods in the diet for gout. Tomatoes and gout are the right combination: eating tomatoes, you can reduce the manifestations of this disease. Tomatoes contain a huge amount of B vitamins, while they include very little protein.
Gout: diet 6 classic
For the treatment of gout, many different diets have been developed, taking into account the needs of gout in certain substances.
Diet No. 6 is the most common and easy-to-follow type of diet for people who have gout: nutrition with gout should comply with the requirements of this diet. The essence of diet number six is as follows:
- use a minimum of proteins( to limit the consumption of meat and legumes).Animal proteins should be half of the total;
- it is necessary to limit the amount of refractory fats( pork, beef, mutton, culinary);
- you need to eat melted butter and vegetable oils;
- significantly limit the consumption of products containing oxalic acid;
- it is impossible to eat broths( mushroom, fish, meat);
- if the kidney and heart without abnormalities, drink at least two liters of water per day;
- completely abandon the salt or tightly limit its amount( up to 1g per day).
In a diet with gout it is necessary to include soy products, for example, tofu cheese. Soy contains substances that remove uric acid from the body. Garlic and gout are the recommended combination, since garlic is a source of a variety of vitamins, macronutrients, has antibacterial properties. Allicin in garlic lowers the percentage of bad cholesterol in a person and has anti-carcinogenic properties.
Gout: treatment with folk remedies
Diet for gout can be combined with treatment with various infusions, decoctions of medicinal plants. For example, you can make tea from black currant and cranberry leaves and wild rose berries, mixed in equal proportions.
With gout, the compositions of chamomile, litter, and the roots of the stony hedgehog help well. These broths are prepared from the calculation of 3 teaspoons of raw materials for 2 cups of boiling water. Take the medicine you need half the glass 2-4 times a day before meals.
Ginger drink is used as a folk remedy for gout. Preparation: 10-20 g of root rub and brew with a glass of boiling water. Take half a glass a day on an empty stomach. Ginger and gout are a good combination. The root of ginger has a useful property - it cleanses the body, removes toxins and toxins.
Infusion of the leaves of grapes and juice from berries should be drunk at least once a day before breakfast. Eat fresh grapes, too, and gout will gradually go into remission. Also for the treatment of gout in folk medicine is used decoction of flax seeds. Preparation: 2 teaspoons of seeds insist 15 minutes in 3.5 cups of boiling water, filter and take inside on a tablespoon 4 times a day.
Switch completely to diet food - gout will begin to recede within a week. With the help of diet it is possible to avoid the intensification of gout symptoms, reduce the risk of deep development of this disease and improve the quality of one's life. It is important to take into account specific features of human health, its taste preferences. This approach will allow to achieve positive results in the treatment of a complex disease.
Menu for gout for the week: recipes for the
diet Nutrition rules during illness:
1. Nutritionists recommend less protein and animal fats, as well as digestible carbohydrates;2. Try to eat often and small portions. Your daily menu should consist of five to six meals;3. Once every seven days, it's important to do a day off. On such days it is allowed to eat raw and boiled vegetables and fruits. Remember, for one day it is allowed to eat only one kind of vegetable or fruit, for example, baked potatoes or baked apples;4. That during the unloading day your diet is delicious, it is recommended to cook rice porridge with apples. The recipe for rice porridge.75 grams of rice boil in milk( 750 milliliters).Finish the porridge and divide into three parts and eat it throughout the day. Apples boil or make unsweetened apple compote. A day is allowed not to eat more than 250 grams of fruit;5. Despite restrictions in nutrition for gout, it is important to eat, balanced and varied.to table of contents ↑
Authorized products for gout
For this disease it is recommended to choose recipes for cooking dishes that consist of vegetables, poultry meat and rabbit meat, seafood, eggs, low-fat fish. And also butter, sour-milk products, different cereals and vermicelli, bread, fruits, berries, greens and other products.
Foods that can not be consumed with gout
Prohibited foods with gout:
1. It is forbidden to eat smoked meat;2. You can not cook dishes from beans, peas, mushrooms, beans, fat, spices. The only exception is the laurel leaf and vinegar;3. It is forbidden to eat fatty meat, meat, fish and mushroom broths, chill and meat sauce;4. You can not eat soups from semi-finished products, canned fish and caviar;5. Under strict prohibition of coffee, cocoa, strong tea, alcoholic beverages;6. Exclude from your menu buns, cream, chocolates;7. For a while, forget about grapes, suits, figs and raspberries.
Menu for one week with gout on the legs:
1. Monday: 1.1.We have breakfast with a fruit salad dressed with yogurt and honey. We drink tea with milk and breadcrumbs;1.2.The second breakfast is a glass of milk or kefir;1.3.We have lunch with chopped vegetable soup, seasoned with vegetable oil and greens;1.4.On a mid-morning snack potato cutlets with cream;1.5.We dine with boiled egg and cucumber;1.6.Before going to bed, eat a little cottage cheese or drink yogurt;
2. Tuesday: 2.1.We have a salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, rye bread and tea;2.2.For the second breakfast we eat curd casserole;2.3.We have dinner with boiled potatoes, stewed cauliflower and compote;2.4.Afternoon snack - cheese sandwich with kefir;2.5.We dine with oatmeal, gingerbread and tea;
3. Wednesday: 3.1.We have breakfast with buckwheat milk porridge and tea;3.2.For the second breakfast, beet salad;3.3.We have lunch with pearl vegetable soup, low-fat meat and salad from sea cabbage and cucumbers;3.4.For a mid-morning snack - marshmallow with compote;3.5.We dine with yoghurt with avocado;
4. Thursday: 4.1.We have breakfast with two curd pancakes with jam and weak tea;4.2.For a second breakfast, drink a glass of yogurt with crackers;4.3.We have lunch with stuffed pepper( replace meat with vegetables), eggplant caviar and jelly;4.4.We snack a cheese sandwich and compote;4.5.We are having supper with oatmeal and tea;
5. Friday: 5.1.We have breakfast with two tomatoes, cottage cheese and tea;5.2.For the second breakfast - a fruit salad, dressed with yogurt;5.3.We have lunch with rice porridge, beef and salad from fresh vegetables;5.4.At noon we serve bread with stewed vegetables;5.5.We dine with boiled egg, tomato, compote and biscuits;
6. Saturday: 6.1.We have lunch with vermicelli and gravy and drink tea from chicory;6.2.For the second breakfast fruit;6.3.We have dinner with kissel;6.4.We have lunch with stewed zucchini with Bulgarian pepper, potatoes pore and kissel;6.5.We are having dinner with fresh vegetables;6.6.Before going to bed, an apple baked with cottage cheese and tea.
7. Sunday: 7.1.We have breakfast with cottage cheese and tea;7.2.For the second breakfast, kefir with gingerbread;7.3.We have lunch with vegetable rice soup, puree with chicken meatballs and vegetable salad;7.4.We drink berry yogurt for a mid-morning snack;7.5.We dine with stewed vegetables and jelly.
Observing the above menu for a week can ease the condition of the patient during the time of gout exacerbation.
How to make a broth of dog rose, attack gout
Two tablespoons crush, two glasses of hot water pour, 10 minutes over low heat. The pan should be tiny, so that only the broth can fit, 6 hours not open! !!, you can wrap up for these 6 hours, but wrapping is not important.
with gout is good for moxicam, and allopurinol, and not broth of dogrose, consult a doctor.