Did you develop kyphosis? You can regain your beautiful posture with exercises!By kyphosis, this is the curvature of the spine, which is manifested by convexity posteriorly in the sagittal plane. There are two of its varieties - physiological kyphosis( normal) and pathological. As for the physiological, its appearance is possible only in the sacral and thoracic parts. Perhaps the main question is: Is it possible to correct this curvature of the spine? The answer is quite predictable: in adolescence or even in childhood - quite. Here you can use exercises to correct kyphosis. There are cases when small patients get rid of the disease completely or at least partially. This is due to the degree of curvature and what is the age.
Adult person, alas, get rid completely of the disease is unlikely to succeed. The only way is long-term exercise of exercise therapy, which can give a really good result. At a minimum, there is an opportunity to visually "straighten" the back, which is achieved by increasing the tone and volume of muscles.
However, remember that the spine itself is formed, so its shape will not change. However, the visual effect, like the improvement of well-being, will be noticeable not only to you, but to others. And this, you see, is not enough! That's why physical exercises should be started at any age and in any case.
Is there an effective method of correcting kyphosis?Kyphosis - how to treat this disease, what should I focus on? Of course, the main method of treatment can be called conservative, that is, that includes a set of methods used for various problems with the spine. This includes vitamin and medication, massage, physiotherapy, exercise therapy, special vertebral corsets.
It should be noted that curing kyphosis is extremely difficult, because this process takes a long time. And an essential role is played in it by swimming and by exercise therapy, which should be of a regular nature.
In a word, if your diagnosis is the kyphosis of the thoracic spine, exercises can be the best way to stop the pathological processes and improve your physical condition.
Effective exercises for thoracic kyphosisYou must be interested, why exactly the strength exercises can help in the treatment of kyphosis? It's simple: the shape of the spine undergoes changes beginning with birth, and such changes are made thanks to the muscles that surround the human spine.
If the muscles are weak and small, this creates a fertile ground for the appearance of all kinds of distortions. But when strong and strong muscles are a strong and powerful frame, not allowing the spine and vertebrae to shift - in this case, the person is not afraid of kyphosis or other diseases associated with the spine.
Therefore, the exercises for correcting kyphosis is important to give time regularly and daily, it is advisable not to give yourself indulgence, otherwise, you can only worsen your physical condition.
We will cite two complexes of exercise therapy, which will help inhibit the pathological process in the body. With kyphosis it is desirable to perform all the above exercises, carefully following the breath - it can not be delayed in any way.
- We lay down on the stomach, we lift the brush to the shoulders. We take a breath and, placing an emphasis on the forearms, throw back the head and lift the chest. At exhalation we fall.
- Crawl on all fours. You need to do 50 steps, as much as possible while we bend the chest down, and the elbows are bred in the sides.
- We lie on our backs, our legs are bent at the same time. We rely on the feet, shoulders and head and make a torso of the trunk. In this case, the back and the pelvis should be torn off from the floor - that is, we make a half-bridge. In this position it is important to hold for 2-3 seconds, and then you can return to the original position.
- We sit on the floor and straighten our legs, we put the brushes on our shoulders. It is necessary to carry out the arms circular movements backwards( that is, counter-clockwise), while energetically straining the muscles that reduce the blades.
So, if you have a kyphosis of the spine, it is important to perform exercises often. Despite the fact that they may seem insignificant to you, believe me, the effect may strike you. Be persistent and follow the advice of a doctor - the only way to successfully cure kyphosis!
Often the implementation of seemingly simple recommendations has a striking effect. The main thing is to be persistent, to follow the doctor's recommendations, and kyphosis will be safely corrected.
Complex of exercises №2
The main plus of any complex of exercise therapy is that you can study at home at a time convenient for you. For this complex, you will have to stock up on modest inventory, and their efficiency is no less than in the first complex. Let's repeat: during the performance, watch the breath!
- Squat with a gymnastic stick. We get up, we spread our legs along the width of our shoulders. We put the stick behind our back, slightly pressing it against the shoulder blades, which helps straighten the back. During the squat you need to do an exhalation, and then return to its original position and take a breath.
- The initial position is the same as in the previous exercise. The patient needs to slowly rise on his toes, and his hands to lift up through the sides, taking a breath. Then we return to the original position and exhale.
- We stand straight, legs should be diluted according to the width of the shoulders. In the hands of holding a gymnastic stick, which should be behind your back in the area of the shoulder blades. Straightening our hands, we raise the stick upwards, and throw our heads back and inhale. Returning to its original position, we exhale.
- The initial position is on all fours, the support is done on the hands and knees. The head is raised, and the elbows are diverted to the side, the thorax crouches downward. In this position, you need to perform about fifty steps of crawling.
- The initial position - we lay on the floor on the back, and hands are stretched along the trunk and bend them in the elbow joints. Now take a breath, bending the spine in the chest area, and leaning on the back of the head and elbows, and then slowly exhale back to PP.
- We lay down on the stomach, hands are led to the shoulders. We lean on forearms, throwing back the head, and maximally lift the chest from the floor, while breathing in. Then we exhale and return to P.P.
- Lying on your stomach with your hands we hold a gymnastic stick that lies on your shoulder blades. You need to tilt your head back, with the maximum deflection of the spine. Then we return to P.P.Breathing can be arbitrary when performing such an exercise.
- We perform the exercise knee-and-wrist position. The arms should be bent at the elbow joint, while lowering the chest to the floor and making the whole body move forward. Then slowly return to PP.
- We lay down on the back, relax as much as possible, arms stretch along the body. And now we get them by the head and stretch, then we return to PP.
- We perform this exercise while standing. We put our hands on the back of the head and climbing our toes, we spread our hands to the sides. At this point, you need to breathe in, and when you return to P.P.- Exhalation.
Treatment of kyphosis - what you need to know
To correct the existing kyphosis, you can recommend the following set of physical exercises( follow the exercises to follow the breath):
1. Squats with a gymnastic stick. The patient stands, spreading his legs to the width of his shoulders. A gymnastic stick leads behind her back and slightly presses her to the shoulder blades, helping to straighten her back. During the squatting the breath is exhaled, then the patient returns to the starting position( IP) - inhalation.
2. I.P.as in the previous exercise. The patient slowly rises to the socks, and hands through the sides lifts upwards, making an inhalation at this time. Then he returns to I.P.- Exhalation.
3. The patient stands, feet shoulder-width apart. In his hands he holds a gymnastic stick on his shoulder blades. Straightening their arms, they raise the stick upward, their head tilts back and inhales. They return to I.P.- Exhalation.
4. IP.standing on all fours, leaning on his knees and hands. The head should be raised, the elbows should be taken to the side, and the thorax crooked down. In this position, about 50 crawl steps are performed.
5. IP.lying on the floor, on the back, hands along the body and bent at the elbow joints. By inhaling, they bend the spine in the thoracic region, leaning on the elbows and the back of the head, after which they slowly return to IP, making an exhalation.
6. The patient lies on the abdomen, hands are brought to the shoulders. Leaning on his forearms, he must tilt his head and maximally lift the chest from the floor, making an inhale at this time. Then he exhales and returns to I.P.
7. The patient lies on the stomach, and hands holding a gymnastic stick, lying on his shoulder blades. You should tilt your head back and maximally possible to bend the spine. Then he returns to I.P.Breathing, when performing this exercise, can be arbitrary.
8. Exercise is performed in the knee-and-wrist position. You should bend your arms in the elbow joint, lower your chest to the floor and make the body move forward. Then slowly return to I.P.
9. I.P.lying on his back in a state of maximum relaxation, hands along the trunk. Put your hands behind your head and stretch, then go back to I.P.
10. Exercise is performed while standing. Hands are placed on the back of the head. Rising to the socks, hands are bent to the sides and do at this time, breathing in, returning to I.P.- Exhalation.
The lordosis of the spine exercises by reference.
Spondylarthrosis of the lumbar spine symptoms http: //pozprof.ru/bn/spnd/ spondiloartroz-poyasnichnogo-otdela.html # t1.
It is very important in such a disease, as kyphosis, to pay special attention to physiotherapy. Exercises included in the complex exercise therapy( physiotherapy exercises) with kyphosis, have a very beneficial effect on the body, on all its organs and systems. Namely - they help to improve blood and lymph circulation, and not only in the spine itself, but also in the tissues that surround it, and also improve the ligament-muscular apparatus. Thanks to therapeutic exercises with kyphosis, the joints acquire strength and flexibility. The main goal of LH( therapeutic gymnastics) at kyphosis is to strengthen the muscular masses of the neck, chest, back and abdomen, that is, those muscles that are the holders of the spine. Below, a set of therapeutic exercises for kyphosis is presented to your attention. However, before proceeding with their implementation, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
The first few exercises are performed lying on the back, movements are made with each leg alternately. Run 8-12 times with your right foot, then with your left foot. The starting position is lying on the back, legs are shoulder-width apart, arms are stretched along the trunk.
Therapeutic gymnastics with kyphotic deformity of the spinal column requires compliance with some general principles, regardless of the location and severity of the pathological process:
LFK in kyphosis should be performed using both dynamic and static exercises;
When exercising, do not exceed the dosed load that the doctor prescribed;
The amplitude and strength of the movements should increase gradually from one activity to the next;
The total duration of training should not exceed 30-40 minutes, as increasing this interval will cause muscle fatigue;
Before starting the workout, it is advisable to take a bath and do a relaxing massage to prepare the skeletal muscles for physical activity;
The performance of a complex of gymnastics must be carried out with proper posture. To do this, first, in front of the mirror, work out the position of the back, shoulder girdle, head and lower limbs in various poses;
The effect of the session can be completely reduced to zero if the person is sitting, sleeping or lifting heavy objects.
The total physical load for more than 40 minutes contributes to the overload of the musculature, which can lead to a negative effect. Short-term gymnastics does not create the necessary efficiency for strengthening the muscular framework of the back.
For the prevention of kyphosis, the following rules should be observed:
Maintain a correct posture
Do not slouch when walking and working
Seek medical advice immediately if the first signs of kyphosis occur
Treat spine diseases
Correctly and nutritionally eat from an early age
Perform physical exercises( gymnastics, exercise), to strengthen the muscular frame of the back
Kyphosis of the thoracic spine - treat the deflection of the spine
Kyphosis of the thoracic spine is the bending of the thoracic spine back. Normally, this bend is small( physiological) and is present in all people. The increase in the deflection of the spine at the chest level indicates the appearance of compression of intervertebral discs and a decrease in the thoracic cavity.
The kyphosis of the thoracic spine is manifested as a "round back", a hunchback. In this case the shoulders are inclined downwards and forward, which causes a decrease in the volume of the thorax. The diaphragm descends, the abdominal muscles relax, the upper half of the body leans forward.
With a long course of the disease, the vertebrae are deformed, becoming a wedge shape, the intervertebral cartilages are destroyed. With the kyphosis of the thoracic spine, not only the bone system suffers, but also the muscular system, which manifests itself in stretching of the back muscles, abnormalities of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall.
Anatomical change in the chest causes a decrease in the mobility of the ribs, a violation of the functions of the intercostal muscles, limiting respiratory function of the lungs.
The reasons for the development of kyphosis in the thoracic spine are surgical operations on the spine, spinal trauma, heredity, osteochondrosis, paralysis of the musculature of the back, incorrect posture.
You can determine the kyphosis of the thoracic spine independently using two tests.
The first test - you need to lean your back against the wall, touch the wall with the back of your head, trying not to tilt your head back. With kyphosis in the thoracic region, this is difficult to do.
The second test - you need to lean forward and look at yourself in the mirror. In this position, the kyphosis of the thoracic spine will be clearly visible.
The complex of treatment for kyphosis in the thoracic spine depends on the severity of the disease and includes the treatment of medicines, exercise therapy and manual therapy. Often when kyphosis is recommended to wear corsets that support the spine and prevent the further development of the disease.
Physiotherapy is an important part of the treatment for kyphosis. Gymnastics for the spine of the thoracic region helps to strengthen the muscles of the back, restore posture and stop( slow down) further increase in bending.
Gymnastics for kyphosis in the thoracic spine include the following simple exercises:
- I.p.- lying on the stomach, hands are brought to the shoulders. Leaning on the forearms, the inhalation should be thrown back and lift the chest as high as possible from the floor, on exhalation return to its original position.
- Exercise with a gymnastic stick. I.p.- lying on his stomach, a gymnastic stick rests on the shoulder blades. Holding the gymnastic stick with your hands, you need to tilt your head back and bend the spine, then return to its original position.
- - standing on all fours, leaning on hands and knees. The head needs to be raised, the thorax crooked down, the elbows to be taken to the sides and in this position to crawl 50 steps.
- Exercise with a gymnastic stick. I.p. Standing, feet shoulder-width apart. The gymnastic stick is brought behind the back and slightly pressed against the shoulder blades. On exhalation it is necessary to sit down, on inhalation - to return to the starting position.
- Standing, feet shoulder-width apart. A gymnastic stick is pressed to the shoulder blades. On inhaling, straightening the arms, raise the stick upwards, throwing back his head, on exhalation to return to the starting position.
Daily exercise of such exercises will allow you to return the beautiful posture and health of your spine.
Thoracic kyphosis - how to treat
Every person's backbone has four bends( cervical lordosis, thoracic kyphosis, lumbar lordosis and sacral kyphosis), which are necessary for better cushioning of the spine during movement. And the most important is the bending of the thoracic region, since it is he who protects the heart and lungs, and also the bearing of a person depends on him.
Spine kyphosis - acquired during life or by virtue of hereditary factors, curvature of the spine, exceeding the correct bend. Which later can lead to the appearance of a man's hump. Usually in medical practice you can encounter kyphosis of the thoracic, less often cervical and lumbar.
1 degree - on the roentgenogram, the angle of curvature is determined to be 30-40 degrees( definition by the Cobb method);2 degrees - an angle of 40-50 degrees;3 degree - an angle of 50-70 degrees;4th degree - an angle of more than 70 degrees.
Evaluation of the x-ray image of the degree of kyphosis using the Cobb method involves making tangent lines to the terminal vertebral plates( the lower and upper parts of the vertebral body) at the levels of the upper and lower concavities. From these lines perpendiculars are drawn inwards. At the intersection, an angle is formed, which is measured with a protractor. It also reflects the magnitude of kyphosis.
Source of spinazdorov.ru
Cervical lordosis symptoms by reference.
Deforming spinal cord spondylarthrosis http: //pozprof.ru/bn/spnd/ spondiloartroz-grudnogo-otdela.html # t2.
Tactics of treatment largely depends on the degree of kyphosis and associated diseases. So, at the first-second stage doctors recommend to use methods of manual therapy in combination with physiotherapy exercises. However, in any case, treatment of thoracic kyphosis should be comprehensive.
In advanced cases( severe pain, severe cardiac dysfunction, etc.), when the patient is diagnosed with a third to fourth degree of kyphosis, conservative methods are used as an additional treatment after a surgical procedure.
The main conservative methods of eliminating pathological kyphosis:
Different types of massage;Reflexotherapy( acupuncture, acupressure, magnetic vacuum therapy);Vacuum therapy;
So, a few simple and effective exercises.
Standing straight, get your hands on your back and link them. Pull the connected hands down, straightening the forelegs.
Lie down on the rug, slipping under the shoulder blades a height of three to five centimeters( you can use a bag of sand or millet grains).Relax and stretch straight arms behind your head. Lie so for a while.
Lying, take in the palm of your hand a light dumbbell or a bottle filled with water. Optimum weight - from 0,5 to 2 kg.for an adult person depending on his physical condition. Alternately, pull one straight arm by the head, and the other - lower to the thigh. Keep your hands "walking" in a straight line.
Lying on the abdomen with straight arms near the body, with the hands turned upwards, start slowly and smoothly lift the head and shoulders. After rising to the limit point, rest on the floor with your hands and stretch a little higher. Take it easy.
Massage with kyphosis is a complex of mechanical methods of acting on the human body surface by friction, vibration, pressure. Manipulation can be performed directly at the site of pathological changes of the spinal column or above it.
Classical massage consists of 3 stages:
Introductory - takes about 3 minutes and involves gentle manipulations on the surface of the skin;
Basic - is performed for 5 to 20 minutes and includes specialized methods of affecting the skin, depending on the clinical and physiological features of the pathology;
Final - aims to reduce nervous innervation after the procedure. Its duration is about 3 minutes.
Massage with kyphosis of the thoracic spine is not a curative procedure, but significantly improves the effectiveness of therapy of pathology.
Contraindications to the massage:
The fact that LFK very well helps with a disease such as kyphosis of the spine. Especially it is effective in childhood and adolescence, when the spine is flexible enough and therefore almost any curvature can be corrected. An adult can not completely straighten kyphosis with the help of exercise therapy is hardly possible. But constant physical exercises, as well as yoga, will help restore a beautiful posture, reduce pain, increase the flexibility of the spine, strengthen the back muscles and improve the quality of life.
The effectiveness of kyphosis exercises is that the muscles that support the spine are strengthened, thereby preventing the vertebrae from moving further. If the muscles are weak and untrained, then this creates a favorable environment for the appearance of various curvatures. And strong and strong muscles are able to support the spine, not allowing it to bend further. That's why you need to regularly perform therapeutic gymnastics, do not give yourself to be lazy, otherwise exercises will not bring good results.
How to fix
Repeatedly asked those who suffer from this disease. To date, many alternative therapies are envisaged. But, in the first place, conservative treatment is envisaged. If it does not give positive results, then radical treatment is prescribed. Conservatively treatment, which effectively fights against the disease, includes the following types of therapies:
Courses of medical and physical therapy, health gymnastics;Extension of the spine;Wearing an orthopedic corset, belts, and also a bandage;Manual therapy and massage courses;Reflexotherapy - treatment with acupuncture;Physiotherapy;Drug treatment;Folk therapeutic manipulations.
Breast kyphosis treatment requires compulsory, if it is absent, the disease can develop into a hernia, which is much more dangerous. With kyphosis, massages and stretching of the spine are very good. Their goal is to increase the flexibility of the spine, the development of mobility of the vertebral segments, the development of muscles, the ability of the muscular corset to withstand the stresses. Massage additionally restores blood circulation, which leads to better nutrition of vertebral bodies and muscles, preventing dystrophy. Patients with a diagnosis of cervical kyphosis massage is especially indicated.
Healthy exercises are very effective in correcting kyphosis. Exercises for kyphosis should be systemic in nature, in the case of pain, it is necessary to stop execution.
The big advantage that LFK carries in itself is its accessibility, it is easy to engage in recovery at home. Exercises have several key starting positions, for example. Lying, standing, on his back, on his stomach, with a stick and stuff.
Source of pozvonochnik-cheloveka.ru
Exercises from kyphosis and lordosis
Exercises for lumbar kyphosis
• Stand on your knees. Try to sit on your heels( photo 5).Severe pain is unacceptable. Stretch the stomach slightly and push forward. Then lie on your back with your hands under your buttocks. Stay in this position for several minutes, before the pain( photo 6).Repeat 2-3 times a day.
Attention! This exercise can not be used with advanced arthrosis of the knee joints, elderly and untrained people.
• Lay down on your back, placing a thick roller 10-15 thick thick under your waist. It is necessary to be in this position daily for several hours, and in severe cases - more. Some mothers put a roller to the child when he lies down. However, keep in mind that the child later turns over for a while on his side or stomach and the roller leaves from under him. Instead of the roller, do not use bottles, cans or other solid objects. It is best to tighten a blanket or pillow • "Lodochka".Lie on your stomach. Hands pull forward. Then as much as possible, lift them up, while lifting your head and legs. Repeat several times for 5 minutes. This exercise well strengthens the muscles of the back;It is almost safe in terms of displacements and injuries of intervertebral discs.
Exercise from the cervical lordosis
Lie on your stomach. Put the hands together and place them on the support( for example, 2-3 books), 3-5 cm high. Place the chin on top. Maximize your relaxation, look ahead( photo 7).Perform 20-30 minutes a day. At this time you can read, watch TV.Exercise is used to straighten the cervical lordosis, with the head forward( "Pithecanthropus posture") and the lowered head. Very effective in childhood and adolescence. With the projecting lower ribs under them, you can put a roller. Warning! Older people to perform the exercise should be cautious, since there may be headaches.
Exercises from lumbar lordosis
Lie on your back. Put your hands palms down under the buttocks. Leave straightened hands as far as possible to the head, so that the buttocks come off the support for 10-15 cm( Photo 8).If you lift the buttocks higher, it is possible to increase the thoracic kyphosis, if lower - the exercise is useless for the treatment of lumbar lordosis. A person more or less prepared to repeat the exercise should be about 50 times. Warning! Some children, and adults, may be weakened by abdominal muscles or a tendon plate along the central line of the abdomen. Therefore, when trying to perform the exercise on the abdomen, protrusions appear and a hernia may form. In this case, consult a specialist, and exercise in light versions. Option 1 .Take the starting position( IP) as in the previous exercise. Alternately, pull your legs to the abdomen, bending them heavily in your knees, 20 to 50 times with each foot. Perform the exercise in the morning and in the evening for several weeks. Variant 2. The AI is the same. Pull both legs together to the stomach, bending them heavily in the knees. Perform the same as option 1. After 1-2 months of such activities, you can go to the exercise with straight legs. Warning! All the exercises in this article should not cause severe pain. If it occurs, discontinue immediately and consult an expert. Exercises performed on time can be done in several sets, alternating them arbitrarily.
And the last tip: in case of severe lordosis of the lumbar region, it is recommended to put a bench on the legs while sitting, so that the knees are 10-20 cm above the buttocks.
Scoliosis is especially rapid in schoolchildren. Take care that your child always sat properly - in this he will help "growing" with him furniture.
Help your student save and fix the correct posture on a special orthopedic chair to unload the back of the Zero Mini. Sitting on this chair, the children do their homework without fatigue. Also always available are the same chairs for adults.