Pediatric flatfoot massage
Pediatric flatfoot massage
Flat feet - this is a deformity of the foot, which is accompanied by the lowering of its arches - longitudinal or transverse. Frontal lobe is usually diagnosed in children during adolescence, but it can also occur in younger children, it is difficult to detect the presence of deformity until the age of three, because during this period the feet of all children, even healthy ones, are flattened.
Clinic of the disease
At the time of the birth of the child, the arch of the foot is filled with a fatty layer, which makes the foot itself even. Over time, the interlayer disappears and the correct shape of the vault appears.
Causes of flatfoot development in children
Before talking about ways to eliminate flatfoot, you need to understand the reasons that can cause it. There are several:
- congenital pathology is the most rare cause of flat feet in children, it accounts for only 3% of the total number of cases;
- prolonged wearing of shoes - numerous studies conducted by medical workers and doctors of sciences have shown that children who walk barefoot much less often suffer from flat feet than those who are constantly in shoes;
- poor quality and uncomfortable shoes - the very fact of constant wearing of shoes increases the risk of flat feet, if the shoes are also uncomfortable, the risk increases several times;
- low physical activity - modern children are increasingly changing their walks on the street for a while at the computer monitor. In this regard, the muscles of the foot become weaker, and can not protect it from the load during walking or running. As a consequence - flat feet;
- improper diet - it is also attributed to factors contributing to the development of flatfoot, so it is very important to monitor the full nutrition of the child, enrich it with products containing phosphorus and calcium.
Degrees of flatfoot
After the causes of flatfoot development are listed, you can proceed to the methods of its elimination. It should be noted that the earlier the flat foot is revealed, the more effective will be its treatment.
Therefore, you need to watch very carefully the child, it is obligatory to seek the help of a specialist if it is noticed that the toddler is clumsy or makes an emphasis on the inside of the foot while walking - this feature of the gait immediately catches the eye, can not go unnoticed.
Orthopedic insoles are considered one of the most effective ways to combat flatfoot. They are made of elastic material, so do not give the child uncomfortable sensations while walking. Such insoles can be used to prevent flat feet and treat existing deformities.
In the first case, insoles are bought in regular specialized stores, and in the latter case they are made by a qualified orthopedist on the basis of a foot impression or its computer model. Accordingly, the insole used to treat flatfoot, can not be used repeatedly, especially by other children.
Therapeutic physical training
LFK is also considered a very effective way to eliminate flat feet in a child. Exercises are represented by a very wide complex, so they can be selected only by a highly qualified specialist who has the proper education. The complex of exercises includes walking. It is performed on the socks, heels, and the lateral part of the foot.
LFK with flatfoot
There are also many exercises with objects - balls, walking sticks, etc. Regardless of which complex of exercises is chosen for a specific child, the task of exercise therapy remains unchanged - strengthening the muscles and ligaments of the foot.
It is known that the human foot is held in the correct position due to the muscles and ligaments that support it by contraction and elongation under the influence of loads. And if these muscles are relaxed, not strong enough, the arch of the foot begins to deform, flat feet develop.
Accordingly, in order for the foot to have an anatomically correct shape, you need to strengthen its muscles and ligaments, you can do it yourself, performing certain exercises, leading a healthy lifestyle, and also with the help of a massage, which can only be done by qualified specialists.
Based on the above, it is possible to identify the main goals, which can be achieved by massage with flat feet in children: muscle strengthening;the removal of muscle tension and fatigue, which occurs in the course of a long stay in an upright position;reduction of pain syndrome;restoring the spring functions of the foot.
Also during the professional massage improves lymph and blood circulation, which also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the foot, the whole body.
It should be noted that foot massage is considered one of the most effective methods of preventing flat feet, but no less effective in the complex therapy aimed at its treatment.
As for the method of performing a child's massage, all manipulations are performed in the position of the child - lying on the back. After some time the child turns over on the stomach - the massage continues.
During manipulations, such techniques as stroking, kneading, rubbing and vibration are used. Particular attention is paid to the muscles of the lower leg and the foot. The rate of massage with flat feet suggests about 15 sessions, depending on the degree of deformation. Massage is performed every other day.
Usually the whole massage procedure is divided into two parts. Initially, a general massage is done before the lesson of therapeutic gymnastics. After completing the exercises for another 5 minutes, it is recommended to do a restorative massage.
Regarding the succession of therapeutic massage, the massage of the gastrocnemius muscle is initially performed by the masseur. Next, the transition to the Achilles tendon, then - to the outside of the shin. After that, a massage is performed, aimed at warming the back of the foot. Next - massage soles.
Massage of the sole
After some time, during which the calf muscle is performed, the masseur again returns to the warm-up of the foot. In this case, depending on the leg area on which the massage is performed, the technique of its implementation and the techniques used differ. Therefore, such manipulations can only be trusted by specialists.
In order for procedures to be effective, the child is recommended to additionally perform physical exercises from the exercise therapy, which are also aimed at strengthening the muscles of the foot. It can be walking on heels and toes, on the back side of the foot, as well as manipulation with balls, rubber pear. In addition, especially useful in this case will be riding a bike, walking barefoot on sand or pebbles.
Many children suffering from flat feet, in combination with massage procedures are recommended to sign up for swimming. In this case, the strengthening of the muscles and ligaments of the foot will occur in a shorter period, and the result will become more noticeable.
The child should provide high-quality shoes, equipped with a supinator, necessary to maintain the inner arch of the foot. Also need to remember - the back of the shoes should be high with lacing.
Only with an integrated approach to fighting flatfoot, treatment will be successful. To correct deformity of the foot in childhood is quite simple, regardless of its degree.
Video - Massage with flat feet in children
Longitudinal flat feet.
The relevance of the problem of flat feet in humans is great in connection with the prevalence of the disease. When flat feet suffer the whole body, and first of all the joints of the lower extremities, the spine and the brain. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to the prevention and treatment of flatfoot.
Physiotherapy, foot, shin and back massage, as well as orthopedic insoles and orthopedic shoes are obligatory methods of flatfoot treatment. Plate foot is the deformation of the foot with a decrease in the depth of its arches, which significantly reduces the damping of the organism during walking, running, jumping, standing.
Flattening is longitudinal, transverse and mixed. Let's see what their differences are.
Compaction of the transverse arch of the foot. The foot looks broad, there are visible gaps between the toes, which normally should not be. In this case, the veins and nerve endings of the feet suffer, since they are squeezed when walking or standing. The veins on the feet may be dilated, which is associated with a violation of venous outflow due to compression of the veins from the sole side by a flat foot. Excess weight, heavy weights and standing work create an additional negative impact on the feet.
Exercises for transverse flatfoot : apply all possible movements of the foot except for the dilution of the fingers( the derivation from the midline passing through the third finger).
Degrees of longitudinal flatfoot.
Longitudinal flat feet.
Compaction of the longitudinal arch of the foot: the foot is narrow, the walking is predominantly on the inside of the feet, the shoes are "slipped" inward, the heels wear out from the inside of the feet. Exercises for longitudinal flatfoot : apply all possible foot movements except for pronation of feet( you can not put a foot on the inner arch).
Mixed flat feet.
Combination of transverse and longitudinal flat feet.
Pay attention to these stops, similar to flat cakes!
The spring function is lost. The organism, protecting the brain from shaking during walking, running and jumping, compensates for the kyphosis of the thoracic spine. The deep bend in the thoracic region, and then the lordosis of the lumbar spine, compensate for the effect of the spring to increase the cumulative damping of the brain. There stoop, and then kyphosis scoliosis. This is one of the complications of flatfoot.
There are complaints of pain and fatigue in the feet and in the lower legs, in the lower back, headache, general fatigue. Soreness when pressing on the middle of the sole. Mudiness of the skin of the soles above the heads of metatarsal bones. There is deformation of the fingers. Cramps in the legs at night. Working capacity is reduced.
In the , the complex of exercises for flat-footed in a mixed type does not include exercises with the dilution of the fingers to the sides and the setting of the feet on the inner arch.
Causes of flatfoot.
- Weakness of the musculoskeletal apparatus of the feet, hypodynamia.
- Long-term static loads( work as a cook, seller, hairdresser, etc.)
- Overweight, obesity, work as a loader.
- Wearing flat flat shoes without heel( longitudinal flat feet).Or, on the contrary, wearing shoes with too high a heel( transverse platypodia, valgus deformation of the feet - "bones")
- Injuries and fractures of the foot bones.
- Some nervous diseases.
Foot massage with flat feet.
The reason for contacting an orthopedic doctor is the inside-worn shoes, maybe fast fatigue when walking, pain and fatigue in the legs, back, headache.
For physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot you will need a rug, chair, foot massagers( simple, without automatic vibration), smooth medium-sized stones, a wooden block with a height of 10-15 cm. It is advisable to have a Swedish wall.
Doctor Bubnovsky talks about problems with his legs: massage, stretching, exercises, hardening.
Complex of exercises for longitudinal-transverse flat feet.| |Therapeutic exercise
Self-massage of feet and shins.
I recommend using the cream "Malavtilin".
Warm up your hands, rubbing your palms against each other. Massage is performed along the course of venous blood flow from the limb( from the foot to the knee joint).
First, massage the posterior surface of the shin.
( stroking, rubbing, kneading).
And a front massage - the lateral( lateral) surface of the shin.
( stroking, grinding, kneading).
Massage with flat feet helps to strengthen muscles, relieves fatigue and pain in the legs during long walks. It is effectively used to treat flat feet, both in adults and in children. Massage with flat feet helps to strengthen muscles, relieves fatigue and pain in the legs with long walks.
When performing the massage, the depreciation function is restored, the blood supply to the legs is restored, and the muscles are toned. Massage is useful for various flat feet, as with transverse( 80%, from all cases), and longitudinal. It is one of the components that is included in the complex of flatfoot treatment.We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus), our readers have successfully used Socks ValgoSocks .What is their advantage:
- Professional bone repair on the foot
- Straighten the thumb and joint
- Effectively eliminate the transverse flatfoot
- Relieve pain and swelling
- Keep the natural mobility of the foot( as opposed to the tire)
- Designed for around the clock wearing
The main difference of this corrector inThe fact that its action is directed not only to straighten the thumb, but also to combat transverse flatfoot. Thus, the socks of ValgoSocks are struggling not only with the "bone", but also with the cause that causes its appearance.
Massage with flat feet also has contraindications. It is undesirable for people who have skin and vascular diseases.
With such diagnoses, people are advised to choose other methods of treating flat feet, consulting with a doctor.
Before starting the procedure, many experts recommend starting a massage from the waist. After all, it is with the lumbar separation that the innervation of the legs begins. Features of the preparation of the waist before the massage, give an effective result for the treatment of flat feet.
How to do a massage with flat feet, the expert - the masseur will more in detail tell. He must have a higher education, which freely gives the right to apply massage techniques in flatfoot, without harming the patient.
Technique of foot massage with flat feet
- The first technique is to knead the inner and outer arch while feeling it a little.
- Then grate. With the help of fingertips, we rub the foot in a circular motion, while we do not forget about the toes, heels, ankles.
- Stroking. Knuckles clenched in fists, we stroke the ankle and climb up to the groin.
- The last, but not unimportant exercise, is vibration. It is in a tingling pinch, just as you can shake and press on the foot.
The flat feet massage is a whole complex of procedures and it should be performed regularly. And if the massage is single, then you will not see the effect. It is important to pay as much attention to the foot as possible with a flat foot massage. Foot massage with flatfoot is the most important key of treatment, and in the future also getting rid of this disease.
Foot massage with flat feet
- rub the back of the foot and the sole( 20 seconds);
- hold the heel of the foot with your hand, and then lift and lower your fingers. This exercise should be done 8-10 times with each leg;
- massage the foot on all sides from the heel to the toe. Carry out approximately 30 seconds;
- also with the help of hands it is worth trying to give the right kind of leg, repeating the bend of the leg( we deepen the arch).Repeat this 5-6 times during the session.
Self-massage with flat feet is a good option for those who do not have enough time or money to visit a specialist.Read more & gt; & gt; We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..
In the treatment and prevention of flatfoot all means are good. And it's not at all difficult to master several rules of self-massage, if your health depends on them. Important is the fact that self-massage is shown only for adults.
The main techniques of self-massage
- for self-massage it is useful to use special rollers, mats with flat feet( they can be made independently from improvised materials: buttons, pebbles, corks, etc.);
- massage the lower leg, mainly the inner side of the ankle joint. Rub palms, knead, stroke;
- should also rub the foot with the back of the bent fingers. Plantar side of the foot massage from the fingers to the heel.
Yana, 43, Kazan
My child always complained of back pain legs, there was also puffiness. After visiting a doctor, they determined the flat feet. In the transverse form, doctors usually prescribe a massage treatment, just baths, walking barefoot. We conscientiously carried out the whole complex. The pain in the back and legs disappeared.
Ira, 28 years old, Moscow
What is the problem with my legs, unfortunately, I know firsthand. I never thought that adults can have flat feet. The most insulting to cure it at my age is unrealistic, only to stop its development further. For this I go through all kinds of treatment. I visit sanatoriums, LUK, and so on. Has mastered almost all kinds of self-massage, I daily do gymnastics. I hope, will not progress further.
Yuna, 24, Kiev
I also suffer from a transverse flatfoot since childhood. I will share what features I used and use in dealing with this defect. All my shoes are only orthopedic, in the summer it is necessary to walk barefoot, made a medical mat out of the cork. The most important thing is daily massage, and again massage for about 15-20 minutes. Just before the massage I make a warm bath. Sometimes I take breaks in the course of massages, about a month, or even two. Then again, prevention, so that there is no further development of the disease.
Jan, 42, Minsk
Also encountered such a problem as flat feet. They found it in my youth when the summons was brought to the army. I was never taken to the army, but with a flatfoot struggle to this day. My wife even went to special massage courses. They then help me to remove the pain in the back and legs at the end of the day. Procedures we try to do every night.
How I got rid of the stone on my legs for 3 weeks without surgery!
- Forgot about bulging bones on the legs
- Bending of the big toes and joints
- Cured the transverse flatfoot
- Has lost the pain in the bones on the legs and their swelling
- I avoided surgery and walking around the doctors
- I was able to wear my favorite shoes
My name is Oksana Fyodorova. In 2002, I received the title "Miss Universe", and after only a couple of years the bones on my legs deprived me of the opportunity to even put on shoes. As I then thought - the career is over. .. However, I managed to find a solution that turned out ridiculously simple and accessible to everyone who faced such a problem. As I did, you can read in my sensational interview to an online magazine that is on this link ( this is worthy of attention, believe me). Read the interview. ..We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of ossicles( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..
How to do a massage with flat feet?
Plane( transverse and longitudinal) are susceptible to many, but this does not mean that this disease can not harm a person. In fact, the whole musculoskeletal system can suffer, because a huge load is placed on the spine and other bones. And how to do foot massage with flat feet?
First, we list the effects that can be achieved with this procedure:
- First of all, after the session, blood circulation in the lower extremities improves, the blood pours to the feet. All tissues receive the necessary amount of oxygen and nutrients.
- Blood poured into the ligaments, strengthening them( and it is their weakness that is the fundamental moment of this condition).
- With the help of procedures, joints can be developed. The development of articular fluid positively affects their functioning.
- Muscles are also fed, thereby strengthening and starting to work better, which is also important in the described disease.
- With the help of massage, you can even change the position of the arch of the foot and fix it.
- The arch of the foot is strengthened, which prevents further changes and deformations.
- It is believed that on the feet there are many important biologically active points responsible for the work of certain organs, so that procedures will help to strengthen all health in general.
- In addition, lymph drainage will certainly improve, which also positively affects the condition of the feet.
Techniques and Techniques
A flat feet massage for children and adults implies the use of various techniques. Let's list some of them:
- Stroking. It can be flat( the entire surface of the palm of your hand) or wrapped around it. You can also use this method with the help of knuckles of fingers with a fist clenched in the palm of your hand.
- Rubbing. You can produce it with the palm of your hand, with the edge of the palm, with several fingers connected together, their knuckles, pads or one finger. Such a technique implies also different directions: direct, spirally, alternately, tongued.
- You can also knead( ring, ordinary or combined) with finger pads, an edge of the palm or knuckles with a clenched fist.
- Passive flexion and extension( that is, the masseur flexes and unbends his feet or fingers).
- Turns and rotations. Such manipulations need to be performed not abruptly and very carefully, since the ligaments with flat feet are rather weak.
- Smoothing is similar to stroking, but involves a certain pressure on the surface of the limb.
- Vibration includes pinpoint effects: pressing with finger pads, tapping, shaking the feet, patting and so on.
How to do?
Massage is done not only with the use of certain techniques, but also in a certain sequence. For example, you need to use not only the foot and all its parts( ankle, Achilles tendon), but also the shin too, because if you strengthen the muscles of your feet and forget about the lower leg, then there will be practically no effect.
Usually the procedure is carried out in this order:
- Then pass to the Achilles tendon( it is located above the heel).
- Then pass to the outside of the shin.
- Now you can massage the back of your foot.
- Then you can go to the sole.
- Then we switch to the calf muscle
- And we finish the massage by working out the sole.
Now about everything in detail. For you the step-by-step instruction:
- A person should lie on his stomach, it is desirable and even necessary to place rollers under his ankle joints( this can be a twisted towel).
- Massage the gastrocnemius muscle. First, use straight and alternate stroking, then using the methods of beak-shaped or transverse squeezing. Do not forget about rubbing, it is also necessary.
- Now start to work on the Achilles tendon. Use the techniques of spiral, circular and direct grinding. Massage the area with phalanges or fingertips.
- Now the person should lie on his back. The roller moves under the knees. Start to massage the outer side of the shin using first various stroking options, then moving to kneading( they are produced by the edge of the palm, fingers, phalanges and knuckles when the palm is compressed into a fist).In conclusion, use the palm of your hand to squeeze out.
- Go to the back of the foot. With that hand, which is closer to the leg being worked, grasp the foot, and with the further hand, perform all manipulations. Stroke the entire foot, starting from the fingertips and moving towards the ankle. Spread the gaps between the metatarsal bones with your fingertips. Grate with a thumb pad, and then start rubbing with the edge of the palm.
- Now massage the sole. To do this, first stroke it with the back of the hand. Then, from the fingers to the heel, make a circular grinding first with a thumb pad, then with all your fingers. Then proceed to rectilinear grinding along and across, using a fist or the edge of the palm. Remember the foot slightly.
Some tips for effective massage:
- It is best to seek the help of a specialist. You can start the procedure yourself only after consulting a doctor.
- Massage is contraindicated in skin diseases, as well as acute infections, ailments at the stage of exacerbation and with worsening of general condition.
- The procedure is best performed when the patient is calm, not hungry( but not after eating) and is not overexcited.
- You can use a special massager for flat feet in adults and children. But also consultation of the doctor is required.
- The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes, at least 10 sessions are required.
- It is better to combine massage with gymnastics from flat feet, then the effect will increase.
- Conduct sessions in a ventilated room.
Longitudinal and transverse flatfoot - treatment proskostopiya, prevention, massage, exercise therapy exercise therapy with flatfoot
Continuing the conversation about flatfoot, today we will consider in more detail the transverse flatfoot, as well as methods of treatment and prevention of both transverse and longitudinal flatfoot.
The most unpleasant truth about this disease is that it is almost not treated. The later you start to heal flat feet, the less you will have chances to get rid of it. Therefore, prevention is the main way to prevent this formidable disease.
Completely get rid of flat feet for adults is impossible, but when it is discovered in childhood, there is still a chance.
In the case of transverse flatfoot, the bones of the foot diverge, which are located in the area of the toes. In this case, the inner part of the big toe is deflected outward and a painful lump is formed. Significant changes occur with the middle finger, it curves to the bottom and looks like a hammer or a hook in appearance.
The transverse flatfoot is subdivided into 3 degrees, which are determined depending on the angle of deviation of the thumb from its normal position when it is directed forward.
- Flattening of the first degree. The thumb is diverted by an angle of not more than 20 degrees. As the bones of the foot "part", when walking in the shoes, the fingers change their normal position and begin to rub themselves more intensely with shoes, they appear uncomfortable thickening of the skin, which is called natoptyshi. In the case of prolonged stress on the legs, walking or standing, at the first degree of transverse flatfoot, the legs begin to get tired more quickly. In addition to these symptoms, the thumb of the thumb begins to bulge sideways, which acquires the soreness
- Platypodia of the second degree. The corncobs continue to grow and increase in size. The arch of the foot in the region of the fingers almost disappears, and the thumb curved inwards by an angle that can be up to 35 degrees. Since the leg is already hard to put on the shoes in the width, the shoes begin to press on the foot from the sides and on the bulging thumb of the thumb starts to form a considerable size of the foot. At this degree of transverse flatfoot there are already significant pains with prolonged load on the legs.
- Flattened third degree. The big toe has a very significant bend inside the foot( from 35 degrees and above), the foot around the fingers is completely flattened, the other fingers look like a hook bent to the bottom. It is very difficult to walk, painful sensations are noted at any load.
The degrees of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, described in this and the previous article, can be only their combination. In that case, as they say, "it's all very sad."
Having studied the transverse flatfoot a little, it's time to move on to the most important issue of this article, "How to treat flatfoot?"
Fertility prevention and treatment of flatfoot
Plane-foot surgery is divided into 2 main types
The main goals of the treatment of flat feet are primarily aimed at strengthening the muscles and ligaments, because their weakening is the main cause of flatfoot. Since it is impossible to completely heal, especially adults, it is necessary to somehow secure the body, in particular the spine from traumatic influences and prevent, or at least significantly slow the development of this disease.
If possible, conservative flat foot therapy is used, including curative gymnastics, the use of special orthopedic insoles and shoes, massage and other methods. Apply it in cases when the disease is not very neglected and has not reached grade 3.
The third degree of flatfoot, unfortunately, almost does not give in to conservative treatment, and patients are forced to resort to surgical intervention, in which ligaments are cut, the curvature of the thumb is removed and the vaults of the foot are corrected.
About how the platypodia is surgically treated, I will not be widely spread, in practice, at home, surgical methods of treating this disease are not possible. I will dwell on the methods of conservative treatment and prevention with which I am not familiar by hearsay and which are accessible to all and allow either to slow down or completely stop the development of flatfoot.
The main components of conservative treatment and prevention of flatfoot
- Physiotherapy( ASF)
- The use of insteps and orthopedic insoles
The main goal of all measures of conservative treatment is, first of all, preventing the development of the disease and relieving the soreness caused by foot deformation.
Physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot
The goal of exercise therapy with flat feet is to strengthen weakened ligaments and muscles, to consolidate the results achieved in treatment( including surgical) and thereby prevent the development of the disease. Therapeutic exercise should be practiced every day for at least 10-15 minutes, but it will be better if you do this several times a day. Just want to warn you that exercise therapy is effective only in longitudinal flatfoot, with the transverse influence of it minimally due to the fact that the muscles of the shins, which in this case are trained, have practically no effect on the transverse arch of the foot.
Below I present a small complex exercise exercise therapy with flat feet. Study it, and again, do it daily.
Exercises of exercise therapy with flatfoot
The first 2 exercises are performed while sitting on the floor:
- Tightly connect the straightened legs, so that the heels and knees touch each other. Maximize the leg of your left leg and try to wind the front of your right foot under the soleplate of your right foot. Repeat the exercise by changing your legs.
- The starting position too. Bend the right foot and stroke the lower leg of the left foot with the sole of the right foot, placing emphasis on the inner surface of the foot.
For the next 5 exercises, it is necessary to sit on a chair or sofa
- For a minute, slowly bend the toes of the feet
- For the next exercise, you need a ball. Grab it with the inner surfaces of the feet and lift it up. Repeat several times.
- Take any small object: pen, pencil, finger battery. Grab it with your toes and lift it up. Repeat several times, then change your legs.
- Replace the small object with something soft, like a sponge and repeat the previous exercise
- Spread the towel on the floor and try to crush it, and then spread it with your toes
Exercises in standing position
- Stand straight, put the feet in parallel and go up on your toes. From this position, smoothly go to the outside of the feet and again take the initial position on the toes of the
- Walk around the room on the outside of the foot, bending the fingers of the
- Walk around the room on tiptoe