The effectiveness of therapeutic exercise with arthrosis is proved!Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis occupies an important place in the therapy of this disease. But it is very important to remember that LPC should help to heal, and not aggravate the patient's condition. At the initial stages of the disease, when there is no destruction of the joints, active sports can help stop the development of the disease. But in the advanced stages of osteoarthritis, LPC can produce the opposite effect: the destruction of the joint will accelerate, which will exacerbate the disease.
Therefore, with arthrosis should consult an experienced doctor or LPC specialist, so he appointed a suitable set of exercises and told how to properly do them so that charging does not hurt the joints.
The tasks of gymnastics
First of all, the tasks of LFC depend on the acute form of arthrosis in the patient, he is in remission. During an exacerbation with arthrosis, it is important to improve lympho- and blood circulation in the joints, relax the surrounding muscles, enlarge the joint gap, and relieve pain. During remission, sport should help in strengthening the joint musculoskeletal system and in restoring the function of the joints.
The stage of the exercise should be taken into account, as with acute arthrosis it is important to relieve the affected joints, and in some cases - completely relieve the load from the joints. It must be remembered that joints love warmth, it also has a beneficial effect during exercise: it reduces muscle spasms, reduces pain. Therefore, including sports in a medical complex, do not forget to wear gaiters or knee pads to classes. During this period, with arthrosis, mahovye free movements( but the amplitude should be small!) And various static exercises are helpful, when the muscles contract, but the joints do not move. Yoga is rich in such asanas( exercises), so you can discuss her visit with a doctor. The doctor for the treatment of joints will tell you what to do and what not.
If yoga has been chosen as a therapeutic tool, be sure to discuss the course with the coach, since some exercises can not be performed with arthrosis.
Sport in the diagnosis of osteoarthritis should be facilitated. For example, all active movements must be carried out in a lightweight version: relying on a table, a couch, using a roller cart, etc. It is very important to remember that the LPC should not be painful! If sport or yoga causes pain, stop immediately and contact your doctor. He will correct the course for arthrosis and, if necessary, will conduct an additional examination.
After a while from the beginning of the exercise, acute pain will gradually go away. With a decrease in pain, yoga and sports will become more diverse, as it will be possible to perform exercises with a greater amplitude, as well as more complex and intense ones.
For arthrosis the complex of exercises is selected individually, depending on the localization of the disease and the degree of joint damage. When appointing such treatment, the doctor necessarily takes into account the patient's overall physical preparation and how active his way of life was, before arthrosis manifested itself.
Sport, yoga and LUK are just some of the components of a large medical complex for arthrosis. The complex also includes diet and medication. So, with arthrosis it is very useful to do compresses for the night after classes. Compresses can replace special patches or, for example, ointment for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint. Ointments and gels help to consolidate the positive effect of exercise. Often yoga and sport in the treatment of osteoarthritis are combined with physiotherapy. For example, magnetotherapy for arthrosis of the knee joint in combination with LPC has a strong positive effect.
Features of the
Most often, arthrosis affects the lower limbs, so we offer you the rules that should be observed when treating osteoarthrosis of the legs.
First, the exercises should be done sitting or lying.
Secondly, it is useful to repeat exercises many times during the day. However, we should not forget that for each exercise, you need to allocate only a few minutes, so as not to overload the sick joints.
Thirdly, it is contraindicated to deal with through pain!
Fourth, yoga and sport should become more difficult gradually, and the amplitude of movements should increase gradually.
And, fifth, the key to success is regular exercise. Classes from time to time, at best, will not change the situation for the better, and sometimes they can even do harm, since the muscles wean from the loads quickly enough. In such cases, the risk of injury during training increases.
Elderly patients should be given special attention when practicing LPC.In venerable age with arthrosis, you can not run, jump, exercise with heavy objects, even during remission. You can not also perform those exercises where prolonged breathing is required, you need to do sharp movements, rotate your head, tilt your head for a long time, etc.
When doing exercises, you should do everything gradually, carefully and regularly. These are the three main principles of LPC for arthrosis. After all, even a sports sport or yoga can harm joints, speeding up their destruction, if you go too far with the loads.
Therapeutic gymnastics and physical training with arthrosis of the knee joint
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint is an effective way to treat this very unpleasant pathology. LFK underlies any scheme of treatment of the disease, at whatever stage of development it may be. In this issue, physicians have accumulated vast practical experience, and the developed methods provide the necessary efficiency.
An important condition for the correctness of the developed treatment program - therapeutic gymnastics for knee arthrosis should be individualized, taking into account the characteristics of the organism of the sick person. Accurate diagnosis of the stage of the disease and consideration of all factors is a guarantee that exercise therapy will become a real medicine for the patient.
The essence of the disease
Arthrosis of the knee joints, or gonarthrosis, is a degenerative disease that causes destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, joint deformity and impaired knee function. The initial lesion of the cartilage tissue originates at the molecular level, followed by a change in the structure of the substance, which leads to clouding, thinning and delaminating the cartilage, as well as cracking it in different directions.
In the clinical picture of the development of the disease, three main stages are distinguished. At the first stage, small anomalies of hyaline cartilage are noted, while the joint retains its shape. In its cavity accumulates fluid penetrating the popliteal fossa with the possibility of the appearance of Baker's cyst. Pain syndrome manifests itself when walking and prolonged standing( especially noticeable when descending the stairs), but passes in a state of rest.
The second stage is characterized by a significant thinning of the cartilage, up to the complete disappearance of the napkin. Edge proliferation of bone tissue and narrowing of the cracks develop. Any movements are accompanied by a pain syndrome, and for its weakening a long rest is necessary.
The main signs of the third stage - the disappearance of cartilage in a significant area, obvious bone sclerosis, the appearance of numerous osteophytes, a strong narrowing of the joint gap. Pain syndrome is expressed by increased intensity and does not pass at rest. There is a certain limitation of joint mobility, muscle hypotrophy in the thigh and lower leg, bone deformation begins. Changes in the gait and shape of the extremities are noted.
The causes of gonarthrosis
The following main causes are distinguished in the etiology of the disease: hereditary predisposition, laid down at the gene level;old knee injuries;overweight person, causing increased stress on the knee joint;excessive physical exertion;disturbance of metabolic processes as a result of certain diseases, leading to intra-articular deposition of crystals( eg, uric acid);the age factor associated with natural degenerative processes.
Treatment of pathology
At the present time, gonarthrosis is not completely cured, but it is possible to stop the destruction of tissues and ensure the full capacity for work of the person, applying an integrated approach to treatment. The current treatment scheme includes the following directions: wearing special knee braces to relieve the stresses from the medial sites;the appointment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;a diet designed to lose weight;Physiotherapy exercises, including a special set of exercises;reception of muscle relaxants;physiotherapy;The introduction of hyaluronic acid for the replacement of synovial fluid;use of chondroprotectors;prescribing drugs to normalize blood supply and improve blood rheology;PRP-technique, based on the introduction of the drug for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue;surgical treatment if necessary( arthroscopy and arthroplasty of the joint).The most important element of treatment are physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint, incl. Special exercises for the elderly with arthrosis.
Basic principles of exercise therapy
LFK for arthrosis is a physical exercise that helps to develop the affected joint, improve the motor function, strengthen the muscles and increase their tone. Charging should be carried out according to an individual program, calculated for a long period of systematic treatment. The program should take into account the human condition, stage and phase of the disease;always draw attention to contraindications. In the period of remission exercises with arthrosis of the knee are performed more often, longer and with a greater load, and with exacerbation of the disease, the intensity is minimized.
The following basic principles are generally recognized: physical education should not cause pain;physical loads are initially assigned minimum in size and duration with increasing their intensity - the exercises begin with simple movements with gradual complication;Physical exercise with arthrosis should be regular( without prolonged interruptions).
General rules of
All the curative gymnastics schemes include basic rules that do not allow overloading and provide maximum efficiency, but under the main rule - do no harm:
- All movements are made smoothly, at a slowed pace, and their amplitude grows gradually.
- Exercises are conducted daily.
- The total duration of physical education during the day should not exceed 35-45 minutes with a separation of 3-4 periods in 10-15 minutes each.
- Rest after each session should be at least 4 hours.
- The number of repetitions of one exercise in the initial period( 12-14 days) is no more than 4-5 times with the subsequent increase to 6-10 times, if necessary.
- Start the session with relaxation of the leg muscles to improve blood flow.
- After each lesson, rest is provided - in a supine position with relaxed elongated legs, slightly apart;bending of the legs in the knees or rest sitting is not recommended.
- Good consolidation of medical gymnastics - easy independent massage of the joint and the entire limb for 6-8 minutes.
Exercises of medical gymnastics
In LFK with gonarthrosis are included both very simple and more complex exercises, depending on the severity of joint damage.
They are carried out from a different starting position( IP): lying down, sitting and standing;and in the prone position on the bed there can be IP on the side, back or stomach.
Exercises in a supine position. The most common exercises are exercises performed in the supine position on the back:
- IP: hands along the trunk;on inhalation, the arms are raised and withdrawn slightly backwards while bending the feet to themselves, exhaling to return to the FE.
- Inhaling with the hands pulls the knee to the abdomen on one leg, on exhalation - return to the FE;then the same exercise is performed with the other leg.
- The legs bend at the knees with the pelvis raised.
- IP: legs bent at the knees. First one leg goes up and down, then the same happens with the other leg.
- Spreading one straight leg to the side and returning;then the same with the other leg.
- IP: hands along the trunk;on inhalation both arms and leg rise, on exhalation - return to the FE.
- Repeats with the other leg.
- Exercise "Bike" for 12-15 seconds.
- Exercise "Scissors" with raised legs for 10-12 seconds.
In the supine position, the exercises are performed first on the left and then on the right:
- The lower leg is bent at the knee, and the upper leg is raised to a height of 25-30 cm.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee joint.
- Sequential retraction of the leg back and forth.
In the supine position, the following exercises are recommended:
- IP: hands under the chin;alternately legs in a straight state rise.
- On inspiration, the head and upper body rises without detaching legs from the surface, on exhalation - returning to the FE.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee with the rise of the lower limb.
- Simulate swimmer movements when swimming with a crawl.
Exercises in a sitting position( sitting on a chair).It is possible to offer such exercises( IP - the back is straight, arms rest on a chair):
- "Shaking with the feet": rapid alternating flexion and extension of the legs in the knee.
- Alternately straighten the leg to the right angle with the fixation in the upper position for 2-3 seconds.
- Rising from a chair with a raising of hands and a quick return to the back.
- Raise both legs at right angles and dilute them to the side.
Exercises in standing position are carried out using a support on the back of a chair or table. Most often the following movements are carried out:
- Hands embrace the back of the chair;The legs are alternately withdrawn as far as possible.
- IP: standing sideways to the chair, hands on the back;alternate flies straight leg forward and backward.
Exercises for the Hatha Yoga system. When gonarthrosis is recommended several exercises that are part of the Hatha Yoga exercises:
- IP: standing, feet shoulder width apart, arms lowered;inclination of the trunk with reaching the hands of the toes with a slight lowering of the trunk;breathing is even.
- FE: sitting on the knees, the body is vertical, arms are lowered;it is necessary to sit smoothly on the heels and stay in this state for 1.5-2 minutes.
- IP: sitting on the floor, legs straight;slow inclination without flexing of legs, duration of exercise - 1,5-2 minutes.
Physical exercises should be combined with outdoor walks, swimming, bathing procedures, solarium, and also combined with physiotherapy procedures and therapeutic massage. Be healthy!
Exercises for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint
In the diseased joint, the cartilaginous tissue is worn out and the spines
appear on the bone. Every tenth person on the planet has arthrosis of the hip joint, as evidenced by the statistics of the World Health Organization. For a number of reasons, the locomotor apparatus begins to suffer from a degenerative-dystrophic pathology in severe form. The disease is characterized by the fact that it is constantly progressing. Therefore, patients are strongly encouraged to perform regular exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint, along with medication.
It is necessary to choose the whole complex of exercises. Such therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest way to get rid of joint disease. But despite the simplicity of these exercises, it is necessary to understand that this is a method of treatment. Therapeutic exercises should be recommended and selected by a doctor and carried out under his supervision. Self-medication will cause the exercises to be chosen incorrectly or to be performed incorrectly, as a result, the disease will only worsen.
Tasks of exercise therapy and its features
What are the tasks of exercise therapy? Doctors, choosing methods of treatment for patients suffering from coxarthrosis, tend to reduce pain, strengthen muscles and ligaments, and suspend the destructive process in the articular cartilage. It is important to exercise regularly exercise therapy. If the exercises are performed correctly, it helps to improve the stability of the joint. In addition, they help stretch and relax the muscles, which are responsible for flexion and extension of the thighs.Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis include both dynamic dynamic and static exercises aimed at isometric muscle tension without exercising body movements. However, the amplitude of the movements performed by the hip joint should be limited.
As soon as pain arises, you need to stop exercising. Studies have shown that even in the presence of serious pathological changes in the hip joint compensatory mechanisms begin to function if the patient has well developed musculature. But in order to develop such mechanisms, regular trainings are required, each of which must last for the required time.
Requirements for performing gymnastics for arthrosis
When exercising exercise therapy for a patient who has arthrosis of the hip joint, it should not adversely affect the articular cartilage. Exercises need to be done every day. It is recommended from the very beginning to build classes in the daily routine and treat gymnastics as to brushing your teeth and eating food. Thus, a good habit is developed, the process of treatment and prevention passes unobtrusively, which allows increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint and increasing its mobility.The starting position, which the patient takes before performing the exercises, should not increase the load on the hip joint. During exercises, the load rises only if you perform more exercises and the repetitions of each of them. If the weight of the patient is insufficient to achieve the desired effect in the exercise of exercise therapy, doctors can recommend using additional weighting agents within reasonable limits. These can be rubber bands or cuffs. When doing gymnastics with such weighting it is necessary to monitor the amplitude of each movement, in any case it does not increase and do everything slowly.
During exercise for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint, as with other physical exertion, you need to monitor your breathing. Restore breathing at the end of each exercise. When lifting your hands up, inhale, slowly lowering them, exhale.
Exercises will help fight the disease
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint due to the degree of impact on the pathological area requires participation in the process of qualified specialists. There are physical exercises designed to perform at the initial stage of the disease, and those that are shown in the severe form of the disease. If the disease was diagnosed at an early stage, you can use the following complex of 7 exercises, which will take 15-20 minutes.
The starting position for the first exercise is lying on the back. Then one foot should be bent as much as possible in the knee, and then fully extended. The action is carried out 8-12 times with each leg. You can alternately bend your knees.
After completing the first exercise, proceed to the next. The starting position remains the same. With both hands, grab the right or left leg under the knee, then pull it to the stomach and fix this position for 5-20 seconds. Then the leg returns to its original position and the same is done by the other leg. You need to make 7-10 movements with each foot.
Staying in the same initial position, you need to bend your legs, putting your feet on the floor. Stringing the gluteal muscles, it is necessary to tear off the pelvis from the floor and raise it as high as possible. At the highest point, it takes 3-5 seconds to return to the starting position. Pelvic lifts should be repeated 10-12 times.
Basic complex of exercises for patients with coxarthrosis
Now turn on the abdomen, bend one leg in the knee at a right angle and raise. Returning the leg to its starting position, we repeat the motion with the second leg. We do 12-15 repetitions with each foot.
The starting position - lying on its side, with the emphasis on the elbow, the other hand resting on the floor. From this position, raise the leg 10-12 times, without bending it in the knee. Having finished the ascents, turn over to the other side and repeat the same actions.
We rise from the floor and sit on a chair, pressing our knees to each other and resting our feet on the floor. Put the stops together, after which, without tearing off socks, begin to spread the heels outward, maximally removing them from each other. Hold in this position for a few seconds, and then reconnect your feet. Do 7-8 reps. Complete the set of exercises by simply laying down for a few minutes on the floor or other hard surface, stretching out your legs.
It is possible to perform this exercise complex at home, for which it is desirable to use a sports mat.
Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint
LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint is one of the main methods of treatment. It helps:
- Maintain normal joint mobility.
- Increase muscle strength and flexibility.
- Monitor the weight.
- Improve the performance of CCC( cardiovascular system).
Complex exercises of exercise therapy for arthrosis of the knee:
- Lying on the back, bend and unbend legs in the knee. Make an exercise of 10 repetitions.
- Place a rolled towel under the knee fossa. Straining the front muscles of the thigh with the knee on the towel, hold this position for 5 seconds. Make an exercise of 10 repetitions.
- Exercise should be performed standing in front of a chair. One hand to hold onto the table, the other to clasp the outer surface of the foot, maximally bend the leg in the knee. Hold this position for 15 seconds. Make 4 repetitions.
- The exercise is standing. Put the heel of your foot on a step or chair, your back is straight, your knee is as straight as possible. Body tilt forward until it stops, do not bend the leg in the knee! In this position, stay for 15 seconds. Make 4 repetitions. The purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the hamstring.
- Exercise is performed while standing. Hands rest in the wall, bend one leg in the knee, in front of the other( sick), straightened, is from behind. Gently make a lunging forward, heels can not be torn off the ground. Hold this position for 15 seconds. Make 4 repetitions. The purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the popliteal muscle.
- This exercise should be performed lying on the back. A roller is placed under the knee area. The leg is relaxed. Slowly straighten the knee as far as possible. Hold this position for 15 seconds. Make 4 repetitions. The purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the popliteal muscle.
- The exercise is sitting. The leg in the knee is bent, the angle is about 45 degrees. Press the heel on the floor, hold this position for 5 seconds. Make 10 repetitions.
Patients who are diagnosed with arthrosis of the knee joint, therapeutic exercises can maintain a full range of movements.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee joint
The exercise complexes should be performed three times a week, preferably every other day, so that the muscles can recover. The number of repetitions gradually increases. To perform the exercises you will need an expander and a Swiss ball.
- Exercise is performed while sitting on a chair. One end of the expander is fixed on the leg of the chair, the other on the ankle of the trained leg. The back is straight. Slowly straighten the knee due to the strain of the anterior muscle of the thigh. We start with 3 approaches for 10 repetitions.
- Exercise is performed while lying on the abdomen. One end of the expander is securely fixed, the other on the ankle of the trained leg. Slowly bend the leg in the knee. We start with 3 approaches for 10 repetitions.
- The exercise is standing. The ball is placed between the wall and the back, pressing it, thereby fixing. Legs shoulder width apart. Slowly start squatting, keeping your back straight. We start with 3 approaches for 10 repetitions.
It is not necessary to follow the recommended number of approaches at once. With arthrosis of the knee joint, therapeutic exercise should bring you joy, and not deliver unpleasant painful sensations.
Yoga with arthrosis of the knee joint is the best option for daily help to your body. For the beginning the patient should consult with the attending physician. Optimal individual selection of the complex of exercises, focused on your condition is considered.
Massage is one of the most effective methods of treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Massage is prescribed for arthrosis of the knee joint to reduce symptoms and improve the course of the disease. As a result of this treatment, blood circulation improves, muscle tone, flexibility and pain relief increase.
Physical exercises and rest are very important for people suffering from such a disease. Almost always doctors recommend running for arthrosis of the knee joint. But before running, the patient must train his body with daily exercises to increase endurance. First you need to get used to walking at a speed of 5 km / h or more. Such walks should last at least 30 minutes. Gradually, the tempo and time increase.
Conscientious and systematic implementation of all the recommendations( exercise therapy, massage, gymnastics) with arthrosis of the knee joint, will help slow the progression of the disease and preserve the habitual way of life.
Also we recommend to read
Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint - exercise complex
The first symptoms of arthrosis of the knee joint come along with the appearance of a crunch and pains in the knees. This period is characterized by rapid fatigue and limited mobility.
A person starts involuntarily to spare a sick leg in the process of walking, in this connection, pains begin to appear in a healthy limb, since additional stress is placed on it. To reduce or eliminate these phenomena at the earliest stages of the pathological process will help self-massage and therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Perhaps this is the only technique used to treat an illness that does not involve financial costs. All that is necessary for the patient in this case is desire, a little free space and a rug or blanket.
LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint
The tasks of therapeutic physical training, first of all, depend on the period of the disease. In the acute period of arthrosis, the main task of therapeutic gymnastics is to improve lympho-
. Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint should be performed regularly by
and blood circulation in the affected joint, reduction of pain syndrome, enlargement of the joint gap and relaxation of muscles. During the period of remission, a set of exercises is prescribed, which helps to strengthen the musculoskeletal apparatus and restores its functions. Before starting to practice, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will help you decide on the choice of exercises. Unfortunately, many patients have to be persuaded to engage in exercise therapy, and best suited are those patients who are already threatened with surgical intervention.
There is a certain set of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint, and also special treatment sessions are assigned to patients individually.
Recommendation: all prescribed by the doctor exercises should be performed three times a day for 20 minutes.
Special exercises for the knees for arthrosis are performed at a slow pace. In the first two weeks, each exercise should be repeated 4 to 6 times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions to ten.
Warning! Rest with a knee bent in the knee can cause the development of flexion contracture, which is very difficult to treat. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this to patients suffering from arthrosis of the knee joint.
According to experts, it is best to rest, lying on your back. Completely relaxed and spreading his legs straight apart. Even greater relaxation is facilitated by rocking a sore leg, stained from a bed or a high chair.
Typically, with regular sessions, recovery of the volume of movements and pain reduction occurs approximately in half an hour after the recommended gymnastic exercises.
Complex of exercises
Before going directly to the recommended medical training, I would like to make some recommendations:
- Vigorous movements with arthroses are strictly contraindicated, in connection with which, all exercises must be performed slowly and smoothly, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements.
- Physical exercises are performed in a sitting or lying position.
- In case of pain, it is necessary to stop occupations.
- Training should be conducted regularly, several times during the day, but at the same time, the duration of each exercise should last no more than a few minutes.
And now we will consider the most effective physical exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint: I.Exercise is performed lying on the back. The legs are stretched, the heels are forward, the socks are pulled back. Such movements very well relieve muscle tension and improve metabolic processes in almost all joints of the lower extremities.
II.This exercise is called "vertical scissors".It is performed lying on the back, alternately raising and lowering the legs in the hip joints.
III.Flexion and extension movements in the knee joint in the supine position.
IV.Lie on your back. The legs are bent at the knees and simultaneously in the hip joints. We perform flexion movements of the legs in the knee joint.
V. "Horizontal scissors".This exercise is also performed by lying on the back. The legs are bent in the hip joints, alternately they are reduced and divorced.
VI."Bicycle" - flexion and extension of the legs in the knees and thigh in the supine position.
VII.Lifting and lowering of the leg straightened in the knee in the prone position on the side.
VIII.Lying on the abdomen, flexion and extension movements are made in each knee alternately.
IX.Raising and lowering the straight leg lying on the stomach. The sock is not pulled off.
X. Swaying in the sitting position( on a high chair).Exercise is done with a small amplitude, without effort.
The main recommendations for physical therapy for patients with gonarthrosis
- All the workloads provided by the exercise therapy should be on the painless area. Otherwise, pain contractures, muscle spasms, spasms of blood vessels may develop, and also it can provoke an overexcitement of the nervous system.
You can not do anything at all, overcoming pain!If you have the slightest pain, you need to stop exercising.
- Do not force events. Motor movements must be increased gradually and very carefully.
- Very well proven methods such as physical education in the pool and exercise therapy with devices that provide relaxation and extension of the joint.
- Charge for arthrosis of the knee joint must necessarily be done taking into account the phase of arthrosis. During the period of exacerbation( the appearance of swelling and redness, as well as the development of pain), physical activity should be reduced. During the period of remission, all efforts should be directed towards restoring muscle strength. Of course, the intensity of training should be increased gradually.
- Treatment exercises are not recommended for women during menstruation, as well as for patients suffering from increased intracranial and arterial pressure. Classes should be canceled with an increase in body temperature and during rehabilitation after surgery on the chest and abdominal organs. LFK is also contraindicated in acute inflammatory processes of internal organs, inguinal hernias and severe cardiovascular pathologies.
We present to your attention the video of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint:
What can not be done with arthrosis of the knee joint
Some patients mistakenly believe that in this situation, "a wedge kicks out".In no case is it advisable to intensively develop the knee joint, overcoming the pain, since it can strengthen the pain syndrome and provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will lead to further destruction of the joint.
Warning! Patients suffering from gonarthrosis are categorically forbidden to crawl on their knees.
When massaging the affected area, it is impossible to knead the joint itself, as this can lead to an inflammatory process in the soft periarticular tissues. In this case, experts recommend that the muscles of the lower leg, thigh and back muscles be massaged, increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint.
How the effectiveness of special physical exercises
is evaluated. Physiotherapy for knee arthrosis is considered effective when the patient has a significant reduction in pain and joint mobility improves. Also, treatment can be considered successful if the frequency and severity of exacerbations decrease, blood pressure normalizes, the patient's sleep, his state of health and mood improves.3 comments
Well, yes, here are the main exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint. I was shown them by a doctor, part-time instructor LFK.I do it for a month, the pains have decreased and the joints have become more mobile.
It is a great pity that just now I caught the eye of this article, I would have advised a friend earlier to avoid the operation.
- Dmitry Sergeevich24.06.2014
I know that the aqueous environment has a beneficial effect on arthrosis of the knee joint. It allows to unload the limb and joint, creates optimal resistance when driving. But how does the temperature of the water affect? Is there a risk of aggravating the condition during remission when practicing under the conditions of a regular pool?