Correct exercises in scoliosis, the five rules of exercise therapy
No modern medicine can perform the tasks of exercise therapy in scoliosis. Regular classes help:
- to restore elasticity and strength to the muscles that need it, to form a muscular framework of the spine;
- to remove the pathological tension from the muscles;
- to stop the progression of the disease( increasing the angle of curvature of the spine);
- intensify the work of the cardiovascular system, improve breathing;
- reduce or completely remove lateral curvature of the spine.
For this reason, is the curative physiotherapy in scoliosis - the leading method of conservative treatment, that is recognized by orthopedists and vertebrologists( specialists in the problems of the spine) all over the world. Complexes of exercises are used as the only and independent therapy for correcting the pathological bending of the spine at the initial stages of the disease. They must be used in the complex treatment of 3 and 4 stages of scoliosis.
In the vast majority of cases, scoliosis develops during the period of intensive growth of the child. At this time, all segments of the spine are quite unstable, so the physical impact on them should be extremely professional and extremely cautious. Otherwise, you can cause serious harm: aggravate the angle of curvature, pinch internal organs, disrupt the work of the heart or respiratory system.
To make sense of the exercises, the exercises should be selected taking into account the pathology in which the spine section. They must be performed regularly, but the instructor should teach the technique of execution.
Read more: four kinds of loads in a complex of gymnastics in scoliosis, five of the most effective exercises in the treatment of pathology from Swiss vertebrologists.
Five rules for exercise therapy
It is important that the gymnastics in scoliosis correspond to five specific requirements, which must be taken into account when designing the treatment complex.
The most important thing is to exclude all kinds of exercises that can aggravate the condition of the spine:
- pulling and hanging on the crossbar or the Swedish wall;
- elements of acrobatics: flip-flops, jumps, exercise "swallow";
- weight training with weights and dumbbells;
- fast running;
- all kinds of jumps;
- torso rotation in an upright position.
The first classes are held at a slow pace. It is necessary to constantly pay attention to the reaction of the body to each exercise.
The loads and the number of repetitions are set gradually: so as not to overstrain the muscles and spine.
Exercises should only be designed for passive spinal traction.
Regular alternation of exercises for the muscles of the shoulder girdle with exercises for the lumbar region and legs.
All prescribed by the doctor exercises for scoliosis should be performed daily, without interruptions. After classes, make sure you have a half-hour rest, lying on your side.
Three stages of training with scoliosis
Each exercise of exercise therapy in scoliosis is strictly in accordance with the training plan, which allows you to achieve the maximum effect from each exercise.Activity Stage Objectives of
Preparation of the ligament apparatus for carrying out the main loads, stimulation of blood circulation in muscle tissues, setting the rhythm of respiration.
2. Basic loads
Correction of pathological curvature, stimulation of motor activity of muscles, restoration of normal functions of internal systems of the body.
Gradual decrease in the load, restoring the habitual rhythm of breathing.
At each stage of the exercise, the physician of the exercise room pays special attention to proper breathing. This is important for stimulating the work of the lungs and additional flow of oxygen to the muscles.
Exemplary set of exercises
Remember that every element of physiotherapy in scoliosis is selected individually. The complex presented in the article is an example of a standard occupation.
1. Warm up
All classes begin with the straightening of the back: press against any flat vertical surface with your back;check that it touches the calves, buttocks and shoulder blades. Try to memorize the position of your body and not change it;back out in two steps.
And now the exercises themselves:Starting position( PI) Technique for performing
Stand upright, feet shoulder width
Raise both hands simultaneously, spread them apart and slightly back. Repeat 4 times.
Stand level, legs together, hands on the belt
Alternately bend the legs in the knees, lifting them slightly up, then take a shallow squeeze. Repeat 3-5 times.
Walking in place. Do not raise your knees high while walking. At the expense of "one, two," breathe in, into "three, four" - exhalation. During an inspiration, raise your hands through the sides upwards, gradually lower them when exhaling.
2. Basic exercisesIP Technique for performing
Lie on your back, hands behind your head
Inhale elbows spread apart, on exhalation take the initial position. Repeat 5 times.
Bend one leg and pull the knee to the abdomen, repeat the same with the other foot, then - both together. Repeat 3-4 times.
Lie on your stomach, pull your arms at the seams, palms rest on the floor
On inspiration, leaning on your hands, try to lift one leg up as far as you can. On exhalation, return to the starting position. Repeat with the other foot. Exercise at least 3.
Lie on your back, arms extended above your head
Passive stretching. On inhaling, try to pull your head and shoulders up, and your legs at this time down.
Lie on your belly
Simultaneously simulate movements while swimming with your hands and feet.
3. Final ExercisesИП Technique for performing
Stand up straight, hands on the belt
Walking in place. While walking on inspiration, raise your hands up and at the same time go to walking on your toes. On exhalation, lower your arms and step on your heels.
Go high with your knees up.
An approximate set of exercises for the treatment of scoliosis.
Click on the photo to enlarge.
Top Five Exercises for Scoliosis
Swiss vertebrologists and orthopedists together with LFK specialists have developed a set of exercises, the implementation of which allows the most effective effect on the main muscle groups, increasing their elasticity and elasticity.Why do I run the Technique
For back muscles
For lateral muscles
For abdominal muscles
Lie on your back, hands at the seams. Raise one leg without bending the knee, and hold it for a few seconds. Repeat with the other foot, too. Then lift both feet together. Start with 3 times, increasing the load up to 7 times.
For correcting the posture
Lie on your back. Feet together, hands along the body. Raise your shoulders and head for a second. Lower slowly, without jerking.
For correcting the spine
Prepare a small package with sand, not more than 1 kg. Sit on a chair and arrange the package not to the head so that it does not fall. Slowly get up and walk a little, holding the bag on your head.
Types of loads of exercise therapy
Lateral curvature of the spine is a heavy load for the ligament apparatus. In paired muscles, there are significant differences in tension. The convex side of the muscle is constantly toned, which gradually leads to a loss of contractility. Their paired "opponents" on the other hand, on the other hand, always stay in a shortened, relaxed state. The absence of movements weakens them and can gradually lead to atrophy.
Therefore, physical therapy for scoliosis should include four types of loads:
Unbalanced. Calculated for muscle training only on one side of the trunk, while the opposite muscle group is relaxed.
Symmetrical. Help maintain the spine in anatomically natural position. The load is distributed equally on the muscles on both sides, as a result, they tone out, which has a positive effect on the dynamics of the alignment of the spine.
.They help to remove the tone from the strained muscles and stimulate the work of the relaxed.
Common restorative. Stimulate the immune system, enhance the endurance and physical development of the whole body.
The effect will be 100%!
The effectiveness of treatment of exercise therapy in scoliosis depends on a conscientious attitude towards occupations, strict compliance with all prescriptions of the attending physician and constant control of their posture.
Source: http: //yourspine.ru/ lfk-pri-skolioze.html
What will help gymnastics in scoliosis
There are various methods of treating scoliosis: from taking medications and folk remedies to surgical intervention. LFK is one of the most effective non-drug ways to combat the disease. With scoliosis of 1 degree, there is still a chance to correct the posture and return the spine to a normal state.
Medical gymnastics helps children and adults. LFK can be carried out not only in a medical institution, but also at home. What rules must be adhered to, that gymnastics in scoliosis really helped?
Sedentary life - the cause of the problem
Scoliosis is rightly called the disease of the century. It affects children who go to school: the back that has not fully formed sustains sustained loads when the child is in a sitting position. If you look at the video, where the students go, you can see that only the units have a correct posture.
A sedentary lifestyle is one of the main causes of scoliosis. Science still can not accurately name all the prerequisites, which cause this ailment. In the meantime, people suffering from this disease are becoming more and more.
At what age do children develop scoliosis? The connective tissue of the spine of the spine can be disturbed already in three-year-olds. The reason - a long load on the spine during vertical walking. In this case, the children's organism itself enters into the fight against scoliosis.
The back is trying to straighten up, for which the load on the muscles of one of the sides increases. If the body does not cope with its task, there is a scoliosis of the spine.
Correcting posture and fighting the disease
Scoliosis of adolescents is a special issue. It is believed that it is not a direct consequence of childhood scoliosis. But, on the other hand, the reason for it may be hidden in an illness that was not cured at the time.
Possible causes of this ailment:
- metabolic disorders;
- incorrect load on the spine;
- improper power supply;
- spine trauma;
- incorrect posture.
Adolescent scoliosis begins and progresses during puberty. Its main cause is incorrect loading on the spine. Scoliosis often provokes metabolic disorders. If the child has an injury to the spine, then it can cause the disease in a more adult age. If the spine is injured in adolescence, the result will be similar. That's why when a doctor finds out the reasons for the appearance of scoliosis in adults, the question of the presence or absence of a back injury necessarily sounds.
The causes of adult scoliosis are not sex and age. However, as confirmed by scientific research, after 40 years, most people develop a degenerative form of the disease. In women, back problems are closely related to osteoporosis. To slow the development of both ailments, it is necessary to pay attention to nutrition. Microelements and calcium will help to achieve this goal.
Individual selection of exercises
The optimal set of exercises for the back
There are 4 degrees of the disease. At a scoliosis of 1 degree the angle of deviation from an axis of a backbone does not exceed 10 °.It is at this time that it is easiest to return the back to its normal position. With scoliosis of grade 2, correction of the spine is still possible, but this process is much more difficult. Scoliosis of the 2nd degree is especially dangerous because if a person does not take urgent and decisive measures to combat the disease, the disease will very quickly pass to the next stage. Scoliosis of the third degree is even more difficult to treat. At a scoliosis of 4 degrees the angle of deviation from an axis of a backbone makes 50 °.
There are specially developed complexes of exercise therapy for children and adults. Therapeutic gymnastics for each person is selected individually. The formation of the spine in humans is completed by the age of 20.It is at this time with scoliosis 1 degree can be corrected without medications and surgical intervention. In this case, gymnastics is the basic element of treatment, at the 3rd and 4th stages of the disease it will be only an auxiliary element.
Gymnastics from scoliosis solves several problems. If you pay attention to the video from LFK, it is noticeable that it is aimed at maximum unloading of the spine, elimination of imbalance in muscles and ligaments. With the help of gymnastics for scoliosis, it is possible to strengthen and correctly develop the muscles of the back. It corrects and forms the posture disturbed at a scoliosis and, that it is important, improves a vital tone of an organism, adjusting it on counteraction to disease. Using gymnastics for scoliosis gives a certain strain on the spine, which has a beneficial effect on the process of stabilizing its functions.
LFK in scoliosis is a complex of methods for restoring the back. It includes not only physical therapy, but also physiotherapy, massage, manual therapy, yoga, swimming. Only a complex combination of such methods can give a real result.
Gymnastic exercises for scoliosis and other ways of treating it are only the physician's choice. If exercise is performed at home, then the monitoring of specialists for the patient's condition is mandatory. Independent selection of exercises is unacceptable, since it can lead to aggravation of scoliosis.
Simple and useful actions of
An essential condition for the effectiveness of exercise therapy is its regularity. Each exercise LFK has its own specifics. There is quite an impressive list of actions that during physical therapy to a person suffering from scoliosis can not be performed. First of all, these include spine stretching exercises, since they can lead to sad consequences related to the condition of the spine, muscles and ligaments of the back, to circulatory disorders.
You can not hang on the crossbar during exercise therapy. Extension of the spine can be done only by passive methods, when the person is lying down or has a support. Physiotherapy starts with the simplest exercises, which gradually become more complicated. Interleaving of actions during exercise therapy is mandatory. If pain symptoms appear during the exercise, the doctor should be consulted immediately. The average number of repetitions of each exercise is 10-15 times. In the presence of pain - less.
What exercises are included in the curative physical culture for people suffering from a scoliosis of 1 degree? It's walking on site and pulling up on socks. It is useful in standing position to slowly raise your hands up and slowly lower them. Lying on the back, the right elbow is pulled to the left knee and, conversely, the left elbow - to the right knee. In the lying position, two legs raise and try to tilt them in the left and the right side alternately. Slowly, the knees bent at the knees, and then they make one cotton with their hands under them.
A number of exercise exercises exercise performed lying on your stomach and standing on all fours. In the complex LFK there are tasks for each department of the back. At selection of exercises very much much depends on localization of disease, character of its development and accompanying complications.
LFK is an effective method in the prevention of scoliosis. But for such purposes the whole complex of exercises should be selected only by a doctor.
On exhalation it is necessary to tighten the bent leg to the stomach. Repeat on each leg four times.
Now we will lean forward. Be sure to keep your back straight.
Next we'll crouch. The back should be kept straight, slowly sit on the exhalation and stand up on the inhalation.
The next block of exercises is designed to correct the curvature of the spine. He may not turn on if we are dealing with the first degree of scoliosis.
We stand in the standard position. We put our hands on our shoulders, we begin to rotate our elbows. We do three approaches.
The position is the same, we lower one shoulder and move it back, on inhalation we return. We do not turn back at the same time.
Click to enlarge
Previous body position, now lift the shoulder and turn forward, slightly hunched shoulder, pulling the shoulder blade back.
Exercise "Cipollino".On exhalation we drag the head of the head, we try to grow. We pull like a string to maximize. Stop completely on the floor. When the greatest tension is reached, stay in this position, then return to the starting position. Like any stretching, it should be performed smoothly.
Another block of exercises, it aims to strengthen the muscles of the press.
Perform in the prone position classic legs with legs. Mash alternately, cross-wise, do three sets of thirty-second approaches.
Previous position, with your feet we make circular movements, as if you were riding a bicycle. Also, two, three sets of thirty seconds.
Raise your legs up, push them apart, join them together and lower them. We perform up to eight times.
We stand on all fours. Now we need to pull forward the left hand, and back the right foot. My breathing was the same. You have to do it six times.
We will continue to stretch, to do "Cipollino", in a reclining position. Pull the crown up, heels down. For 15 seconds three times.
We strengthen the muscles of the back.
We perform all exercises from the position, lying on the stomach. We lift only the head, without lifting the breast from the floor. After the end of this exercise, we begin lifting the entire upper half of the body. We repeat this exercise, in variations on the basis of hands. We pass to the raising of the legs and the flies with our feet. At the end of this block we make a boat, at the same time we raise both the legs and the upper half of the trunk. We detain for a couple of seconds, on exhalation, and we lower on inhalation.
Finish the complex better exercises for stretching, repeat "Cipollino", and if there are no contraindications, then hang on the gymnastic wall.
Daily, systematic application of these exercises will help you to develop a correct posture. As a result, keeping the correct position of the body behind the desk, or computer, you will protect the spine from deformation.
Developing and strengthening the muscles of the press, and the spine, you will create a natural, supporting corset that will take on high loads and protect the spine.
At 1 and 2 degrees of the disease, significant improvements can be expected and full recovery achieved, at grade 3 and 4, exercises may not produce the desired effect. A scoliotic arch of more than 50 degrees is usually treated by surgical methods. Scoliosis is characterized by an s-shaped form, it has two arcs( Z-3 arcs) and therefore special exercises, different from the standard ones, are needed to correct it. In the period of active development of the child, at the age of 10-15 years, it is much easier to correct the curvature, since the formation of the body is not yet complete, but this does not mean that older people should underestimate the possibilities of therapeutic physical education. A lot depends on the person, his determination, will and firm mood for recovery.
The main goals of the
exercise complex There are five main goals that are pursued by physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis:
- Eliminate the imbalance of muscles and ligaments.
- Remove unnecessary strain on the spine.
- Correct posture.
- Provide general health effects on the body.
Rules for the use of exercise therapy for scoliosis
Like most methods of treatment, exercise therapy provides for the implementation of certain rules, compliance with which will allow the patient to get the maximum effect from physical education, as well as to protect yourself from unwanted consequences and injuries. The following rules should be known to everyone who seriously decided to start exercise:
- Before the classes start, warm up to warm up and stretch muscles and ligaments.
- Exercises must be performed at a slow pace. You do not need to make sharp movements, perform jumps and various elements of acrobatics.
- It is necessary to exclude increased physical activity, therefore the use of a barbell and dumbbells is not permissible.
- Exercise should be performed at the doctor's request, which has all the information about your type of scoliosis and can choose the most suitable exercises.
Complex of exercises for scoliosis
Complex of exercise therapy in scoliosis consists of warm-up, basic exercises and the final part. All proposed exercises are basic and symmetrical. To perform exercise therapy at home, it is best to do such exercises, as they have less impact on the deformed spine, which reduces the risk of injury when they are incorrectly performed. Asymmetric types of exercises can have a greater therapeutic effect, but they should be selected exclusively by the attending physician.
Each exercise should be done 5-10 times:
- Lean your back against a wall or flat vertical surface so that the heels, calf muscles and buttocks abut against it. Straighten your back, giving the posture anatomically correct position. Take a couple of steps forward, keeping the posture in the correct position. Breathe smoothly, without delay.
- The starting position is standing, hands along the trunk, legs on the width of the shoulders. Begin to do sit-ups, while stretching your arms forward, keep your back straight. Exercise slowly, during a squat, inhale, while lifting up - exhale.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands in a free position. At the expense of "1" inhale and simultaneously raise both hands up, "2" make a stretch up and count "3" - exhale, lowering at this moment hands. During the exercise, try to keep your back straight.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands freely lower along the trunk, straighten your back. Make 4 circular motions with your shoulders first back, then 4 same forward movements.
- In the standing position, raise the leg bent at the knee as high as possible and hold this post for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Similarly, we make movements with the other leg. Repeat the action 5 times with each foot.
Basic symmetrical exercises
- Lie on your back, lift your legs above the floor( about 30-40 degrees) and proceed to perform movements simulating the work of scissors. Exercise in the horizontal and vertical plane. Perform 4 approaches( 2 per each plane).The duration of one approach is 30 seconds.(picture №1)
- The initial position is on all fours. Do not unbend, sit with your buttocks on your heels and point with your palms to the floor. With your hands, start moving your body first left, then right. Carry out movements slowly, lingering in each position for a few seconds. Perform 10 such movements( 5 on each side).(picture №2)
- Stand on all fours( knees on the floor, bend forward and put your hands on the floor).The legs and arms should be shoulder width apart. In this position, start to curve your back up, then reverse the deflection downwards. Do the exercise at a slow pace. Number of approaches - 5.( picture №3)
- Take a firm pillow, put it on the floor and lie on it with your belly. Clasp your hands behind the back of the castle. Begin to lift the body up to the maximum possible height, but do not overload the spine. You should have muscles of the lumbar spine. Make 10 of these ups.(Fig. 4)
- In standing position, place your feet shoulder width apart. Hands should be in a free position along the trunk. Move the blades and hold them in this position for about 5 seconds( use the muscles of the thoracic region of the back for this purpose), then return to the starting position. Repeat the above steps 10 times.(picture №5)
- Stand on all fours. In parallel, pull the left hand forward and the right foot back. Hold in this position for a few seconds, then change the position, stretching the right hand forward and the left leg respectively. The exercise must be repeated 10 times.(Fig. 6)
- Lie down on your back, bend your knees and press them against each other, hands should be spread apart, perpendicular to the body. Now start turning your head to the left side, and knees to the right, then change directions( head to the right, knees to the left).Exercise involves cervical and lumbar muscles, it needs to be done 7 times.(Fig. 7)
- Lie on the side, side with a curvature. In the waist area, you must put a soft cushion or a small pillow. Bend the knee in the knee located on top, and leave the bottom in the upright position. Raise the upper arm, hanging it over your head, with your bottom hand, grasp the neck by the bottom. Keep this position for 10 seconds, then lie on your back, relax. Repeat the arrival in this pose 5 times.(Fig. 8)
The final part of
- Sit on the gym mat or soft carpet. Bend your knees and wrap your arms around them. Lay down in such a position on your back and start making rumblings from the neck to the sacral spine and back. This kind of massage will have a positive effect on the muscles and ligaments of the back. Repeat the action no more than 8 times.
- The starting position is standing, hands are held in the lock behind the back. We start walking on the heels for 30 seconds.
- In the standing position, stretch your arms up, stand on your toes and walk about 30 seconds.
- We perform walking on the spot, while trying to raise the hips as high as possible. Duration - 30 seconds.
- Relax and restore breathing. Raise your hands up and at the same time take a deep breath, wait a couple of seconds slowly drop your hands and exhale.
After completing the lesson, take 10-15 minutes to rest. The above complex exercise should be performed every day. The effectiveness of training will depend directly on the regularity of their conduct and the correctness of the exercises.
A significant addition to exercise therapy will be preventive measures to help stop further disease progression. First of all, it is worth trying to lead an active lifestyle, not to engage in traumatic sports. The ideal choice is swimming, which is used to prevent and treat a variety of diseases of the spine. Swimming exercises allow you to relax, strengthen your muscular back corset and improve coordination of movements. Biking and skiing will also be useful, but only with moderate activity. In prevention, there are a number of recommendations to avoid an asymmetric strain on the back muscles, which will help maintain the spine in anatomically correct position. Select the most important ones:
- Always sit straight, do not bend your body too much and tilt your head forward as little as possible.
- The height of chairs and armchairs should be selected along the length of the shin, so when sitting, your foot should not hang, but rest on the floor.
- If you spend a lot of time in a sitting position, it is recommended that you get up every 20 minutes and, if possible, warm up a little.
- During the day, periodically make slow deflections back, this will relieve tension from the muscles of the back.
- When it is necessary to stand for a long time, try alternately to rely first on one, and then on the other leg. Change the position every 10 minutes, this will reduce the burden on the spine.
- Do not carry weights in one hand, always evenly distribute the load on both hands.
- For rest use a bed with a medium-strength mattress, choose a small pillow for the neck to be in line with the rest of the spine.
Finally I would like to note that it is not necessary to independently develop a complex of exercise therapy for yourself, as well as to apply complex asymmetric exercises without agreement with a qualified doctor. Remember that such actions can only exacerbate the situation, lead to complications and accelerate the development of the disease.
Exercises for scoliosis
For correcting scoliosis in the thoracic and lumbar spine, there are special sets of exercises that are aimed at strengthening the musculature of the back. They are able to reduce lateral deformation of the axis of the spine. Among the exercises distinguish asymmetrical and symmetrical exercises. A symmetrical set of exercises for scoliosis is aimed at normalizing the entire muscular corset of the back. And asymmetrical exercises develop individual muscles, lead to a relaxed tone and release the clamped ones.A new look at the treatment How was the former "hard worker" able to get rid of arthritis and osteochondrosis for a month? More. ..
There is a special parterre gymnastics in which weights are not used( for example, dumbbells).It can be used at home. It has the following objectives:
- Relieve the tension of individual muscle groups taking into account the specificity of breathing.
- Teach a person to move synchronously, taking into account the characteristics of the disease.
- Work out the muscles of the abdominal press.
- Develop skills for proper performance of gymnastics.
- Return the spine to its former flexibility, even if the vertebrae are limited in their mobility.
Before starting the gymnastics, it is necessary to conduct a special warm-up to remove the clamps from the muscles. Doing it you must try to keep the correct posture. To do this, you need to press your back against the wall so that there is no free space between the buttocks and shoulders. Next, you should move away from the wall in two steps and start practicing.
Scoliosis of the thoracic region, accompanied by pain in the back, requires the following exercises:
- From the supine position, it is necessary to raise the legs at a right angle about 20 times, trying not to touch the floor when lowering, sitting on the floor to place hands behind.
- Perform scissors with straight legs.
- Sitting on the floor, hands lay behind the head. Alternately, it is necessary to touch the elbows of the knees, raise hands to the sides, raise and lower the upper part of the body, place your hands in front of you and cross-leg.
Exercises for S-shaped scoliosis
When the diagnosis is S-shaped scoliosis( ie, there is a curvature in the thoracic and lumbar regions), the following set of exercises can be applied.
- Sitting on a bench, put your hands behind your head and start turning your shoulder girdle first to one side, then to the other.
- Then lie on the bench with your stomach and begin to sag. If the exercise is given easily, then we can use dumbbells.
- Even the simplest pull-ups on the crossbar can increase the height of the intervertebral discs. Should be tightened only if there is no pain syndrome.
Important point! With S-shaped scoliosis, exercise therapy should be done taking into account all the features of pathology. It is necessary to select exercises, both to compensate for curvature, and to stabilize the spine in the correct position.
When choosing therapeutic exercises to correct scoliosis, it is necessary to take into account the degree of curvature. At 1 and 2 degrees of scoliosis a complex is selected, which is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the back to stabilize the correct position of the spine. When the spine is moved to the right or left, exercises are performed for balancing and balancing. At a scoliosis of 3 degrees the complex which includes gymnastics on the general improvement of a condition of the person and correction of deformation is necessary. All asymmetric exercises should be performed under the strict supervision of the doctor, since they are quite dangerous, at home they are not recommended.
To general restorative exercises, which are recommended the following classes: dosed running, squats, body twists, pull-ups, moving games. Such lessons should be conducted at least 5 times a week to fix the result. All this is done only in the initial stages of the disease, at grades 3 and 4, therapeutic gymnastics can only harm and lead to the progression of the disease.
Therapeutic gymnastics for children
The complex of gymnastic exercises for children with thoracic scoliosis at 1,2,3 degrees is the basis of therapy. With its help, you can achieve a positive effect fairly quickly, as in children the spine is still very flexible and it is easy to return to its normal position. Performing exercises, you can normalize the blood supply in the back, eliminate all the problems that arise as a result of curvature.
- All exercises should begin with a warm-up. To do this, you need to press your back against the wall, straighten up, then move away from the wall in two steps and begin to perform circular movements with shoulders, stretching with lifting hands up, body tilts forward and squats. Next, the basic complex includes such exercises as a classic "bike" from the supine position, "scissors", passive traction into the string( legs to pull down, head up).
- From the prone position on the abdomen, you can make movements simulating swimming in the style of the breaststroke, and again make scissors, tearing the hips off the floor during a swing with the foot to give additional load to the longitudinal muscles of the back.
- From the prone position on the side again we return to the scissors, perform the flies, lift the legs up and fix it at the highest point, stay for 5 seconds and return to the starting position. Dorsal muscles should strain.
- The complex of exercises is completed with scoliosis in the standing position. Doing circular movements with shoulders, squats and finishing gymnastics.
Exercise should be done a couple of times a day for 3-4 approaches. Every time you need to try to strain your muscles more and more. As soon as it becomes easy, it is necessary to use dumbbells as weighting agents.
Exercises for the treatment of scoliosis is a form of body training that is necessary for any person, both healthy and having problems with the spine. Charging is of great importance, since it helps to correct scoliosis and eliminate all the consequences that arise as a result of curvature. You can supplement it with yoga. This is a good alternative to physical education and massage with regular classes. Yoga is aimed at working with the human body and positively affects all organs and spine. Physical exercises and yoga improve the metabolism, allow to strengthen the muscular corset, have a restorative effect, normalize the work of internal organs.
Organization of classes
The scheme of building therapeutic gymnastics should be reduced to the following stages.
- Preparation. Includes classes for unloading the spine. Most exercises are used for the abdominal, for the back muscles, for balance and coordination.
- Main part. Classes for general strengthening of the body, training for strength and endurance, corrective exercises, proper breathing. Basically, they are performed from the prone position, kneeling. Then there is a moving game.
- Final stage. Exercises on breathing coordination, running, walking. All stages should be accompanied by monitoring the maintenance of proper posture.
Features of exercise therapy for children
Corrective gymnastics for children with scoliosis helps to straighten the spine by strengthening the back muscles that will perfectly support it in the right position. At 1 degree of scoliosis in children it is allowed to perform a basic set of exercises at home, since the possibility of harming the body in this case is minimal. Symmetric corrective exercises aimed at developing weak muscles and strengthening the entire muscular corset are recommended. At 2 degrees of scoliosis the doctor more carefully selects a complex of therapeutic gymnastics. It allows to strengthen the basic muscular groups and to correct deformation.
The basic complex of exercises includes corrective, asymmetric and symmetrical physical exercises. Asymmetric affect the curvature of the spine, correcting it, stretching the muscles from one side( concave) and strengthening with the other( convex).It is worth remembering that asymmetric corrective exercises should be performed only under the guidance of an exercise doctor or a doctor.
For children with scoliosis of 2 and 3 degrees, corrective gymnastics is developed individually depending on the localization of scoliosis. In thoracic scoliosis, asymmetric exercises are applied for the shoulder girdle with the removal of one hand( from the concavity side) forward as in swimming. Corrective exercises for the pelvic girdle are used for lumbar scoliosis.
Detorative corrective exercises solve the following problems: correction of scoliosis by equalization of the pelvis, stretching spasms and strengthening of the stretched muscles in the thoracic and lumbar spine, rotation of the vertebrae towards the reverse torsion.
Exercises for scoliosis in children include both respiratory gymnastics, for the development of weak lungs. This is important, because children often forget about breathing, delaying it. What is not permissible in physical education. The methodologist makes sure that the children breathe properly. When the chest is filled with air, the tone of not only the lungs but also all the muscles of the back increases. To begin with, respiratory gymnastics is performed lying on the floor, and then in the corrected poses. Apply exercises symmetrical and asymmetrical, lying, sitting and standing, doing counter-action with their own hands, putting them on the lower ribs.
When performing a complex of therapeutic exercises, it is worth remembering about forbidden things. These are those that are associated with the shaking of the body, sharp movements and twists. To prevent subsequent exacerbations and recurrence of scoliosis, it is necessary to constantly perform exercises throughout life and monitor body weight. So you can keep your spine healthy for a long time.
The above mentioned states are stopped, the medical process continues.
But there are also some conditions when the orthopedist doctor decides on the decision to take lessons, this is the presence in the anamnesis of a recent fracture of different localization, osteoporosis or spasticity paralyzes. In this case, the general condition of the patient is taken into account, and the possibility of complications from the above mentioned pathologies is also evaluated. If necessary, consultations with specialized specialists are appointed. As a result, a decision is made to allow or not exercise exercise therapy. Exercises of physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis. What can and can not be?
The decision is made by the attending physician. But the whole complex of exercises is a completely different specialist - this is a doctor who specializes in the issues of therapeutic physical education. The decision takes into account the level of damage to the spine, the degree of involvement in the pathological process of the muscles of the back and chest, the general condition of the patient, his age, as well as the presence or absence of complications and concomitant diseases. When choosing a list of exercises, we take into account which muscle groups, and for what purpose, we will act. Virtually all exercises that are used to treat scoliosis disorders can be conditionally divided into two groups:
- Symmetric exercises. They act evenly on symmetrically located areas of the muscles. The purpose of such loads is not treatment, but strengthening of muscle tone, development of strength and endurance. Assign - at the initial stage of the disease and can be carried out by the patient independently at home.
Unbalanced exercises are performed under the supervision of the
specialist. The asymmetrical exercises of do not work equally on symmetrical muscle groups. For weakened muscles, loads are used, and those in a tonus are made to relax. As a result of the exercises, a good muscular "corset" will form, which will be able to hold the spine in the correct position. The given complex is spent only under the control of the expert on medical physical culture in a hospital or an out-patient department.
When performing the exercises, the patient should know that with the spine disease under consideration, the following loads are not allowed:
- Running in almost any form. With an easy degree of curvature of the spine, restrictions can be removed, but grades 3 and 4 - it is strictly contraindicated, as it can lead to a drastic deterioration in the process.
- No when exercises are used with the elements of the rack on one leg. As a result, destabilization of the pelvic vertebrae can be obtained.
- A variety of rolls are not allowed due to the high percentage of injuries in this exercise.
- Dance movements, and sports games are also not used in complex treatment.
- Different methods of stretching the spine are not practiced, especially hanging on the crossbar. Only passive traction can be used.
Technique for conducting exercise LFK
All classes of physiotherapy exercises for scoliosis of any degree must be divided into 3 stages:
- Preparatory stage, in the course of which the body is preparing in general, as well as individual muscle groups to the main loads.
- Basic medical exercises. Used to correct the problems of the spine. It is recommended to choose for this stage of training poses lying on your back or kneeling.
- Final, basically should be based on respiratory gymnastics and walking.
During the session, the specialist in physical therapy watches not only for the correctness of the exercises, but also for compliance with the respiratory regime. Respiratory exercises in the treatment of scoliosis play a very important role. With its help, we increase the respiratory volume of the lungs, stimulate the development of the muscles of the chest, and help to level the spine.
Swimming with scoliosis
A good effect in the treatment of scoliosis is provided by a section of exercise therapy such as swimming. Only being in the water, the patient will be able to completely relieve the spinal column and relax the muscles of the back. There are practically no contraindications for this type of treatment. There are only a few arbitrary restrictions. What kind of contraindications are these?
- Diseases of the cardiac system, including heart defects.
- Infectious and pustular skin processes.
- Epileptic status.