Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the spine
The role of the spine in the body is great, it can not be overemphasized. He is the support for the skeleton. Internal organs are attached to it, and the spine protects them from damage. He is the main organ providing movement. To cope with all complex functions, the spine should be strong, flexible, elastic. Competently chosen exercises for strengthening the spine allow you to keep it healthy and strong for a long time.
Diseases and damages
In today's world, where half the population does work sitting, the spine does not have enough daily load. Muscles holding the spine are weakening. Vertebrae approach and press on disks, protrusions, hernias are formed. Overload the spine is also harmful, again, the disks suffer.
Sitting work, school activities lead to incorrect posture. Physiological curvature of the spine changes toward increase or decrease, such pathologies arise:
- flat back.
Scales suggest that your body asks for help.
Another problem with the spine is obesity. And here hypodynamia is important. A person consumes more calories than he spends. Excess weight affects the spine no less than the transfer of permanent weights. Weakened muscles simply are not able to hold the spine in the right position.
If the spine is in good shape, you need to do disease prevention. When the preventive measures were late, it is necessary to select and master the complexes of exercises for strengthening the spine. They can be divided into the following groups:
- developing the flexibility of the spine;
- restoring posture;
- relieving pain;
- strengthening muscles of the back.
The site of localization developed separate exercises for the neck, lower back, shoulder girdle, thoracic back.
Walking is the best gymnastics for the spine. A large group of muscles is involved, the respiratory system is activated, weight is normalized. The distance needs to be increased a little. With time, you can walk a few kilometers without fatigue.
Simulator Twister strengthens the back corset
How to strengthen the spine? Systematically. It is believed that to maintain a good physical shape a person should walk daily at least one and a half hours. The tempo is chosen with mandatory consideration of the person's age, health status, fitness of the organism.
It's not always possible to walk every day in the park, park, pine forest. Breathing dusty, polluted air along roads is also harmful. For such a case, there are gyms, home treadmills. The TWISTER simulator( cardio) in conjunction with walking involves all the departments of the spine. The beginning of any recreational activities was and still is the usual morning exercises, at the least, a small warm-up.
Before classes, try a simple test for flexibility. It will also be the first exercise to develop flexibility. You have to be straight, legs together. Without bending the knees, get the floor with the palms. It did not work, so the spine requires training. For the next set of exercises, you need a chair.Read the article: Complex of gymnastics for the spine
- You need to sit on the edge of the chair, with your hands. The legs should be set forward and spread slightly wider than the shoulders. Without bending your legs, tear off the buttocks from the chair and bend back. Return to the starting position.
- Walk away from the chair by the length of the arms outstretched, turn to face it. Lean your hands on the edge, legs spread as wide as possible. Become in this position on your knees, go back.
- Become sideways to the chair. Pull out the toe of the leg on the chair seat. Hands are on the belt. Try to do sit-ups on one leg, standing on the floor.
Breathing during classes is arbitrary. Without preparation, the exercise is not easy. So start with as many repetitions as you can. Gradually increase the number of repetitions.
Relief of low back pain
Osteochondrosis - the main cause of problems with the spine. Disease overtakes young, elderly people and even children. It begins gradually, imperceptibly, makes itself felt with intense pains. Excruciating pains remove stretching spine exercises.
Exercise for the treatment of the intervertebral hernia of the waist
- This exercise is more suitable for the lumbar region. It is performed lying on the back. The body is relaxed, legs are bent at the knees. Hands stretched along the trunk. Hips and buttocks tear off the floor, lift above the abdomen and stay in this position for as long as possible. Smoothly descend while exhaling. Strengthens the buttocks, the muscular corset of the lower back, abdomen and thighs.
- The situation is the same. Pull out the legs, try to squeeze the waist to the floor. Stringing the buttocks, at the same time, direct the hands to the head, and the legs bend at the knees. Thus it is necessary to try to stretch the spine. Stretching, straightening his legs, his hands remain behind his head. Hold in this position until fatigue.
- Turn on the belly, hands stretch along the trunk. Stretch buttocks, with inspiration, raise elongated legs simultaneously with the upper part of the trunk. You do not need to lift your head above your feet. The spine is stretched evenly along the entire length.
The cervical spine according to the incidence of diseases is in second place after the waist. This is due to the fact that people often have to work, engage with a bowed head. The neck muscles are for a long time in a forced tension position, spasmodic and weaken. As the strengthening exercises for the neck, the following simple complex is recommended.
4 positions gymnastics for cervical
- Lie flat, stretch your arms and legs, relax. Raise the trunk and legs to a height of 10 to 15 cm. Immediately you will feel a strong tension in the muscles of the cervical spine. Hold in this position for 5 - 7 seconds. Repeat 4 - 5 times.
- To interlock fingers of hands, to get for a head. Embrace the lower part of the neck with your hands. A few seconds to press his head on his hands, and his hands on his head. Exercise can be repeated several times a day while working, studying. With constant training, the muscles of the cervical region quickly strengthen. Pressing counter head movements are made alternately in the palm of the hands, attached to the forehead, the side parts of the head above the ear.
The vertebrae of the shoulder girdle is part of the thoracic spine. They are characterized by high mobility. With age, with a sedentary, sedentary lifestyle, the shoulders slouched, the back hunchbacked. Reduce or eliminate the constant stiffness of the muscles can be with simple short-time exercises. Exercises to strengthen the spine begin at a calm, measured pace. The load increases consistently and gradually.
Roller rolling strengthens the muscles of the shoulder girdle
- Prepare a thick roller. A piece of sticks can be approached, covered with a dense cloth. Lie on the floor, put the roller under your back, put pressure on it and gently roll to your neck and back.
- Pull the straight arms out in front of you, connect them to the "lock" with the palms outwards. Take a deep breath. When exhaling, raise your arms up, stretching your hands and fingers. Repeat the exercise by hooking your fingers inside.
- Right arm bend at the elbow and wound behind the back from the side of the waist. Bend the left arm behind the upper part of the shoulder. Try to connect hands or reach with one hand the fingers of the other hand. Exercise also repeat, changing hands.
- Gymnastics are performed on all fours. You need to kick your back as far as possible. Hold for 5-7 seconds, head straight. The same can be done by turning over on the stomach, leaning on the floor with outstretched hands.
Ancient oriental medicine has many healing techniques for strengthening the spine. Yoga is a part of ancient Indian medicine. The peculiarity of the exercises is the long fixation of poses. Classes are held three hours after eating with an empty bladder and emptied bowel.
Exercise "Hare" for healing the spine
The next set of exercises for strengthening the spine involves all the departments of the spinal column and helps to strengthen the muscular corset.
- Sit on your heels, put your hands on your knees, your back is straight, your body relax. Slowly bend over, while sitting, and try to touch the forehead of the rug.
- Sit flat, legs stretch, between the legs and back formed an angle of 90 degrees. At exhalation to tighten knees bent at a knee to a breast and to extend forward arms or hand. With the inspiration to deviate back, lifting half a meter feet( you can slightly less).Do 3 to 5 repetitions.
- Lie on your back, with inspiration, calmly raise both feet up and support the body with your hands. The weight of the body rests on the shoulders, elbows and head. Stay in this position, as long as you can, you need to breathe freely. Repeat the exercise, the number of repetitions should increase and take up to 10 minutes.
The spine inevitably grows old, and it is impossible to stop this process. But a person is able to influence the time of development of degenerative-dystrophic changes. It takes a little - to perform as often as possible wellness gymnastic exercises.
The most effective exercise of exercise therapy for the treatment of hernia of the spine
Performing exercises with a hernia of the spine is necessary to strengthen the muscular-ligament corset of the back, which will prevent the pathological curvature of the spine in the place of the pathology.
Because the ailment is often accompanied by a pain syndrome, it is necessary to study some important principles of performing physical exercises so as not to aggravate the situation.
Important principles for the performance of exercise therapy
A set of exercises for the loss of the intervertebral disc in the back of the
Do not start physical exercises until you study the following principles:
- With every movement, watch for the absence of pain and your sensations. Since the loss of the spinal disc occurs in any direction, some exercises may not be accompanied by a pain syndrome, while others, on the contrary, lead to intolerable pain.
Do not exercise, which causes severe pain. Useful only for lessons that give you a little discomfort. Some time after the beginning of the course of treatment, go back to the gym, which previously caused pain. If he is no longer there, then there has come a relief;
- At first, the strengthening of the muscular corset around the spine, it is necessary to exclude various types of "twisting".They too heavily "load" the spine, which leads to unpleasant sensations. Leave such exercises for the final stage;
- Eliminate jumps, harsh strokes, and strong shocks;
- When you have found the optimal complex for yourself, do it as often as possible during the day;
- Begin classes with the minimum load, amplitude and frequency of movements, and then gradually increase the rhythm;
- The danger to health lies in the fact that a person tries to recover in one day. The spinal column should be restored gently by gradually increasing blood supply, as well as muscle contractions;
- Avoid "sudden" movements.
There are certain contraindications to performing exercises with the intervertebral hernia:
- Frequent bleeding;
- Acute infectious diseases;
- Severe pain syndrome;
- Violation of the rhythm of contractions of the heart;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases.
What physical exercises are useful for the intervertebral hernia
Physical exercises with a hernia of the back are the main method of treatment of complications of pathology without surgical intervention. When a spinal disc falls out, it is necessary to maximally strengthen the muscular corset of the back to ensure reliable fixation to the damaged department.
There is a special gymnastics for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
LFK for the cervical and thoracic spine
Pathology in the cervical region leads to changes in the brain, so often with the intervertebral disk in the area in the human there is a loss of consciousness, seizures and some neurological disorders.
Treatment of the cervical part with the help of exercise therapy is necessary regularly. For this, the following exercises are recommended:
- Conveniently sit on a chair, hands down along the trunk. Turn your head in the right and left side with the maximum bringing to the first point of easy pain. Repeat 10 times;
- Slowly lower your head down, and then take the starting position. Place the chin as close to the chest as possible and follow 5-10 repetitions;
- Sitting or standing with your hands down, slowly throw your head back, and then pull your chin. Repeat the exercise 10 times;
Performing exercise therapy for a hernia of the spine for the thoracic department do not forget that he is responsible for the work of the internal organs. Through the holes between the vertebrae pass the nerves, which regulate the work of the liver, stomach, heart and intestines. One careless movement, twisting or jerking can lead to serious pathology.
The most popular occupations for a herniated disc are as follows:
- Sit on a chair and fold your arms on the back of your head. Bend backwards and press the spinal column to the adjacent part of the stool support. When leaning forward, perform a 3-4 deflection;
- Take the horizontal position on a flat surface, and place the roller under the back. Inhale and bend. Exhale and lower your back down. The number of repetitions is 3-6 times.
The lumbar spine is designed to perform basic depreciation work. When lifting weights, the load for the most part falls on it, so the hernia appears in the lumbar region most often. In order not to bring the matter to an operation in this pathology, the following complex of gymnastics is recommended for daily execution:
- In the horizontal position, extend the legs along the trunk. Raise the upper part and stay in this position for 10 seconds. Slowly drop down and repeat the session 15 times;
- In the position on the back, bend your knees. Place the right hand on the left knee, bend the left hand and press the right hand on the knee. While performing, try to prevent the knee from touching the head. The number of repetitions is 10 times.
Chronic pain in the lumbar spine of the
Back pain caused by the prolapse of the intervertebral disc in the area of the spinal canal requires a special approach, regularity and thoroughness in the performance of each individual exercise.
To strengthen muscles in such cases, in addition to exercise therapy, you can go swimming if it does not increase pain. In the water, the spine is always located in the correct position, so the compression of its cartilaginous discs is excluded. Being in the pool also becomes a diagnostic sign of the cause of the pain syndrome. If the pain passes during swimming, the symptom is caused by compression of the nerve.
Home exercise for the treatment of vertebral pain
Most of the exercises for relieving pain in the lower back can be performed at home, because they do not require simulators and athletic tracks:
- Put the pillow on a chair and lie on it with the stomach, but so that the zone of spinal injuryright on the pillow. Relax and calmly breathe the upper chest. Exercise allows you to strengthen the muscular corset and stretch the spine;
- Go around the room on all fours. While doing gymnastics, make sure that your back is straight, and your arms are always straight;
- Lying on your side, and then on the floor( first left and then right), rotate the body first forward of the pelvis, and then backward with the chest. A roller must be placed under the damaged area;
- Pull the toe of your feet, lying on your back. They should touch the chest. Repeat the exercise therapy 10-15 times, this will help strengthen the muscular corset of the waist.
Gymnastics for the musculoskeletal apparatus of the spine:
You can strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the spinal column at home. For this:
- Stand on all fours and lift your arm and your opposite leg up. Fix this position for a few seconds;
- Bend your legs in your lap, lying on your back. Lift up the pelvic area and fix it in this position for a few seconds;
- Do the "boat" regularly. To do this, try to maximally raise the lower and upper parts with a fixation on the horizontal surface of the stomach. This exercise is quite difficult, but it allows to effectively strengthen the muscular corset.
Complex of "stretching" exercises for spine
Herniated spine is combined with asynchrony of the muscular corset. With it, on the one hand, the backs of the muscles will be hypertensive and relaxed on the other. To eliminate the "jam" we recommend a set of exercises:
- Classes on an inclined board. Within 5-20 minutes, stretch. To do this, take a wide board with straps of 50 cm and fasten them to the end of the board. Place the board at a level of 130 cm from the floor. Put your hands under the straps and try to stretch the spine by gradually changing the angle of the board;
- Side traction involves during the day the maximum time to withdraw on the right and left side, and not on the stomach and back. Lie more often on a healthy side;
- In the position on the back, place your arms along the trunk, bend your legs in the knee joints. Lean on feet, shoulders and shoulder blades. In this position, fix the pelvis and hold it for several seconds. The number of repetitions is 3-5.
It should be noted that the effectiveness of procedures increases with the use of drugs before drugs. For example, balm Dikul better absorbed after exercise therapy. Massage creams help to increase blood supply during gymnastics.
Strengthening the back muscles with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a very insidious disease, which is accompanied by a permanent pain syndrome, muscle spasms and blocked back places. Exacerbation in one of the departments of the spine provokes violations in the work of certain internal organs. Partly to solve the problem and ease the well-being will help exercise. Strengthening the muscles of the back with osteochondrosis is the effect on which you need to do the main emphasis when choosing a set of exercises.
To choose these or other exercises you need only after consulting a doctor. Having secured his approval and an extract about the exact diagnosis, you can choose a sports center or coach for individual classes. If the doctor did not make specific contraindications and prohibitions, traditional conventional complexes that are suitable for patients with any kind of osteochondrosis can be performed.
The standard set of exercises
This complex of exercises is designed not just to reduce the pain in muscles with osteochondrosis, but also to stretch the muscle tissues, to give them elasticity, to strengthen, to significantly stretch.
- Lying on the back face down, arms extended forward. On exhalation, we do the lifting of hands and feet to a height of no more than 10 cm. We do everything without jerking, smoothly and slowly. Hold the limb canopy costs no more than 5-8 seconds.
- Position of the body, as in the first exercise, but the hands are spread out in the sides with the palms facing down. We do lifts of hands, feet and thoracic department. We also do not stay on weight for more than 10 seconds.
- Lying on the stomach, legs together, face down, hands to the sides with the palms down. Raising the thoracic area, make turns left - right, winding one arm back, the second - forward. We return to the starting position with hands to the sides. We lower the case to the floor.
- The starting position, as in the third exercise, only the arms bend at the elbows. We lift the thoracic area and legs, while reducing the shoulder blades to the maximum allowable limit.
- The same starting position, hands along the body, slightly apart in the sides. We lift the body and legs.
- Lying the same way on the abdomen, hands folding into the lock behind him, lifting the body to the waist and legs. At the same time, the lock is maximally retracted from the hands.
- Lying on the stomach, hands clasping the legs of the legs and gently pulling on yourself.
Important: Before choosing exercises for the daily complex, it is necessary to consult a doctor and only after that to begin classes. Also, any physical activity during a period of exacerbation of the disease is contraindicated.
Those who are in a period of exacerbation of the disease, we recommend performing less active exercises. They will be aimed at easing the pain syndrome, they should remove muscle spasm in osteochondrosis, namely, in acute phase, facilitate movement and improve overall health.
Exercise for exacerbation of osteochondrosis
Absolute contraindication in such a difficult period will be exercises for flexing the waist. Ideally, the patient should lie a lot( and not on a soft bed), legs should be kept on a raised platform. All exercises are directed on stretching the spine, regardless of, in which department the disease rages.
The greatest benefit will be traction. It is necessary to relax the vertebral column as much as possible. Tension exercises must be done very smoothly and slowly. If there is any discomfort or deterioration, it is worth stopping all exercises and adhering to bed rest.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the thoracic part
Osteochondrosis of the heart muscle is accompanied by painful sensations not only in the muscles and spine, but also in the heart. This disease worsens the general condition, can provoke serious problems with the cardiovascular system, become an impetus for heart attacks, tachycardias and other serious problems.
Gymnastics for strengthening the muscles of the back |LSHealth June 23, 2012. Viewings: 14355 I like 1
Back pain is familiar to each of us. He turned unsuccessfully, worked too intensively in the garden or raised the weights, - all this can lead us out of action for a long time and cause a lot of unpleasant sensations. To maximize your safety, to make your back stronger, and you need gymnastics. Strong back muscles will help you to transfer any physical activity easier.
Use of gymnastics for back muscles
Gymnastics not only strengthens the back muscles, but also trains the spine, and this will promote the growth and recovery of even intervertebral discs. The condition of the back muscles directly affects our spine, so that we feel healthy. Your spine affects all vital processes in your body, supporting its working capacity and physical endurance. Thanks to strong back muscles, your spine will remain flexible for longer, and the longer you stay healthy and energetic, despite your age. Without strong and strong back muscles, this can not be achieved.
Why is it necessary to strengthen the muscles of the back?
To ensure that your back and stomach muscles can withstand their daily stress and stress, they must be strong. Otherwise, it is necessary to do ligaments and joints, and they are not intended for this. That's why they begin to wear out, there is tissue damage, the appearance of chronic pain in the back. Strong muscles will relieve you of such unpleasant consequences, removing the load from the joints and ligaments.
- Get rid of varicose veins in two weeks! Guarantee the effectiveness of
Muscles of the back strengthen gradually
Before beginning any exercise, do not forget to do warm-up and warm up. After the end of the physical workout, too, does not hurt. This will allow you to strengthen your health and avoid stretching the ligaments or aggravating the back problems.
General restorative gymnastics for the back muscles
- We make deflections back. For this purpose we lay down on a stomach, before it having put a pillow under it. Then slowly raise your head, hold it for a few seconds and lower it. Next, relax the shoulders, and lift the legs up. In a few days, legs and head can be raised simultaneously, but not very high.
- Bend the back. We lie on our backs, we reach for our knees with our hands, we slowly bend our backs. After the left elbow, we reach the left knee, then do the same with the right one. After several sessions, perform the exercise using the right elbow and the left knee and vice versa.
- Raise your legs. We lay down on the table with our belly. Hips are located on the edge of the table. We hold our hands to the table, then raise them to the level of the table. The back should not bend. At the expense of 4 legs slowly lowered.
Complicating gymnastics for strengthening the back muscles
After you have become easier to do these exercises, you can move on to more complex exercises. All these exercises are done 5 times a day, daily. We begin to raise our legs. We lay on our side, put our hand on the floor, the second prop up our head. The leg lying on the floor, bend, and the second raise, while bend the ankle joint. Next, the leg, lying on top, is lowered in front of you. Put your hand on your hip. Lower leg should be raised slightly above the floor. We turn to the other side and repeat all exercises.
Next we do the sit-ups. We sit on the floor, bend our knees to the chest at 90 degrees. Before you stretch your arms and deviate back while you can. At the same time, help yourself to the muscles of the abdomen. Returning to the original position, do not forget to work the muscles of the abdomen.
Rules for performing gymnastics to strengthen the muscles of the back
Start with a small load, increasing it gradually. Do not make sudden movements. Exercises that require you to do movements with a large amplitude, start doing with a little swing and just after a few sessions begin to increase it. Otherwise, you can do yourself harm. Do not forget about such an important factor for the beginning of studies, as a motivation. Understand that gymnastics for strengthening the muscles of the back is necessary and useful. Muscles of the back should be strong and your health depends on it. If you get tired, give yourself a rest. Gradually, you will feel how your muscles become stronger and stronger, start to get tired less.
Special gymnastics for the back muscles
- We lay down on the stomach. We have legs at the width of the shoulders. Then slowly lift the body up and arch our back. At the same time we rely on the toes and palms of the hands, we lower the head, we straighten our legs and arms. Then we lower the pelvis slowly to the floor, raise the head and tilt slowly back. Start with 3-5 times.
- We sit down on the floor, we rest our hands on the floor with our hands, we bend our legs. We raise the pelvis. We perform the exercise quickly enough. We do 8-10 times.
- We lay down on the back. We stretch our legs and hands. We bend our knees, pull them to the chest and wrap our arms around them. We make movement, as if we want to push our knees from the chest, but hold them. At the same time, we raise our head and try to touch the knees with our chins.5 seconds remain in this position. Repeat 4 times.
To whom is the gymnastics suitable for strengthening the muscles of the back?
Gymnastics for strengthening the muscles of the back can be practiced at any age, there are no age restrictions. The earlier you start to do it, the better you save yourself from problems with the spine and back pain. In case of serious illnesses, it is necessary to consult a doctor before starting the exercises. There are no special requirements here. The main thing is your desire. To feel the effect of the lessons, try to study daily, if possible in the morning and evening. This will help you not only to strengthen your back muscles, but also to preserve their strength and health for a long time.
Exercises to strengthen the back muscles at home
The back is usually hidden by clothing, so it is possible to impress the surrounding with developed spinal muscles only when visiting the pool or on the beach. Regular exercise for strengthening the muscles of the back allows you to less fatigue and strain, prevents scoliosis, helps to form a correct posture.
Musculature of the back form the widest and trapezius muscles.
The widest muscle of the begins at the bottom of the spine and covers the back diagonally up to the armpits. The developed upper part forms characteristic "wings" on the sides, why the silhouette of the figure resembles an inverted triangle. The lower part slits at the waist. To inflate the latissimus muscle it is necessary to apply various exercises, it can not be developed by a single training movement.
The trapezoidal muscles of the form a rhombus at the top of the back, grip the shoulders, neck and base of the skull, participate in the movement of the shoulder blades, lift the shoulders.
Why strengthen the back muscles
Bunches and muscles attached to the segments of the spine, support the trunk in an upright position, allow you to bend, twist, twist.
Strong back muscles activate metabolic and energy processes. If they are not strengthened by simple exercises at home, symptoms of of osteochondrosis , a dystrophic change of the intervertebral discs, may appear.
Regular exercise exercises, developed dorsal muscles help to cope with increased stress on the spine, caused by an unnatural vertical position. In addition, the spinal cord is placed inside the spine, connected by the nerve roots with internal organs and muscles.
Because of the weakness of the back muscles, individual parts of the spine become excessively compressed, causing the intervertebral discs to squeeze and become less elastic. As a result, the sites of articulations of the spinal column are less lubricated, faster abrasion, overgrowth with pathological outgrowths of with osteophytes .
Training exercises to strengthen the dorsal muscles helps the spine to cope with the load, prevents degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs.
Weak development of the spinal musculature aggravates congenital( scoliosis) or acquired pathology, often caused by a sedentary sedentary lifestyle, abnormal posture, excessive body weight, weakness of the abdominal press, laziness to perform the simplest charging for the back, as well as trauma to the spine.
In case of back pain, before performing exercises to strengthen and stretch the muscles, you should contact a specialist to diagnose and accurately dose the load.
If the pain in the back is caused by muscle weakness, the doctor prescribes rest, the movements causing discomfort are excluded. As a result of prolonged inactivity, the spinal musculature is weakened even more, which is why its function is violated. To break out of the vicious circle, it is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the back with physical exercises, gradually increasing the load.
Regular home training and development of back muscles by simple exercises prevents the appearance of pain, helps to avoid injuries to the spinal column.
Prevention of pain in the muscles of the back and spine
Along with performing exercises to strengthen the back, follow the recommended recommendations to relieve the spine and avoid injuries.
- Lifting the heaviness, slightly bend the legs, the back is straight. This reduces the load on the lumbar region.
- To take the habit of getting one foot forward from the chair, to carry a part of the body weight on the armrests with the help of hands.
- If you have to stand for a long time, to reduce the burden on the spine, put one foot on a low stand, alternately change legs.
- Sleeping on the side, the posture on the abdomen loads the lower back. With a sleep on the back to relieve tension in the lumbar region under the knees to put a cushion.
The habit of overeating, the accumulation of fat deposits in the lower abdomen in combination with the weakness of the abdominal musculature causes back pain, as the load on the intervertebral discs becomes uneven. For the prevention of osteochondrosis, you need to normalize body weight by any means, perform exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back and training the abdominals.
Cleansing the joints with laurel infusion
To prevent pain in the spine, dissolve in the joints of salts and slags before pumping the dorsal muscles, it is necessary to clean the bay leaf infusion:
- Grind 30-40 laurel leaves, brew a half cup of boiling water, and soak in a water bath for 10 minutes. Insist in a thermos for four hours, drain.
Take small portions throughout the day, eating vegetarianly. To be treated this way three days, a week to repeat the course.
Dissolving salts with a bay leaf is performed first once every three months, then once a year. Before the procedure, cleanse the intestines, using any wellness technique.
How to train for back pain
Exercise "elongated triangle " to strengthen and eliminate pain in the dorsal muscles. Stand upright, straightened arms to the sides, legs wider than shoulders with socks forward. Rotate the sock of the right leg sideways by 90 degrees, tilt the trunk to the right, the diluted arms are perpendicular to the floor. To touch with the right brush of lifting the foot, the head is turned face to the left hand. Strive to keep your back and shoulders in one plane. Repeat for the other side.
For the prevention of pain and training of the back muscles, the exercise with gymnastic stick is helpful. Starting position: stand upright, feet shoulder width apart, hands of the lowered arms hold the ends of the stick. Raise your arms and bend. Return to the starting position. Repeat 15-25 times.
It is not necessary to strengthen the aching back with exercises, lifting the trunk or legs. If done incorrectly, they can hurt, even if the back has never hurt.
Exercises for relaxing the back
A simple set of exercises helps stretch the spinal muscles. Reduced muscle tension, relaxes the spine, can quickly fall asleep.
Lie on your back, straighten your arms, so that between them there is a head.
- Pull your legs and hands in opposite directions for 3-5 seconds, after you relax.
- Pulling diagonally: pull the toe of the foot and the opposite hand. After a delay of 3-5 seconds, relax, perform for the other leg and arm.
When performing these exercises on stretching the muscles of the back, pull in the belly, massaging the internal organs.
- To sit on the rug, clasp the legs with the crossed forearms, the legs are bent. Round your back, take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Take the original position.
- Stand near the door, rest with the palms placed at the level of the shoulders in the casing. Bend and unbend arms as if pushing away from the floor, feeling the stretching of the dorsal muscles.
- Sit on a smooth smooth mat, clasp your bent legs, pressing them to your body, chin close to your knees, round your back. Smoothly roll from the coccyx to the nape of the neck 5-10 times, returning to the sitting position to relax the back, to make it more flexible.
Back muscles training in the office
Simple exercises perfectly train the muscles of the back and abdominals, strengthen the lumbar spine.
- Sit on a chair without armrests, hold on to the seat, back straight. Raise the knee bent in the knee up, hold for 5 seconds, slowly put the foot on the floor, while simultaneously starting to lift the other leg. It is important to feel the tension in the lower back, the tone of the muscles of the abdominal press. Repeat 8-10 times at a slow pace.
- Sit facing the back of the chair to the very edge, hands on top of the back, straight back, abdominal press slightly tense. Increasing the tension of the abdominal muscles, lean towards the back, delaying for 3-5 seconds. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Sitting on the edge of the chair, as in the previous exercise, place the brush on the back of the back. Sloping slightly, try to keep the shoulder blades and elbows together.
- Continuing to sit, spread hands in the sides perpendicular to the trunk at shoulder level, bend the elbows. Try to bring the shoulder blades together.
- Standing with hands at the back of the trunk, the back is straight. Raise your hands straight up as far as possible, developing and strengthening the trapezius muscles.
Home exercises for strengthening the dorsal muscles
The simplest spine training, especially useful for osteochondrosis and posture disorders - pull-ups. The crossbar is not difficult to build a house, it is installed in almost every yard playground.
The following exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back and spine resemble cat's gymnastics:
- Stand on all fours, knees and arms on the width of the shoulders. Straighten the press, straighten the spine in a line, pull one leg back, and the opposite hand - forward, to the formation of a straight line, to stretch. Lock the position for a couple of seconds or longer. Slowly return to the starting position. Relax for 10 seconds, repeat for the other arm and leg. Exercise strengthens the back muscles, trains the press, thighs and buttocks.
- In the position on all fours, bend your back up. After a few seconds, bend downward to strain the lumbar and thoracic spine. Hold for a few seconds. Repeat 5-10 times.
Exercise "scissors" for the development and training of the spinal musculature: lie on the stomach, hands along the trunk. Raise and cross the straight legs. Repeat 5-10 times, 2-3 approaches.
Lie on your stomach, clasped hands on the back of your head. At the same time, raise the trunk and legs, bend over the waist, trying to tear the hips from the rug. Return to the starting position and relax for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 8-10 times.
The starting position as in the previous exercise, but the legs are fixed. Raise your torso, while spreading your arms to the sides. On exhalation return to the starting position. Repeat 8-10 times.
The correct and beautiful posture of a man is not only a guarantee of an attractive appearance, but also a vivid evidence of his health. After all, the spine is the most important supporting structure of the body because it is the burden of everyday loads that falls on it. The ability to provide and as long as possible to maintain the health of the spine is largely determined by the condition of his muscular corset.
What is a muscular corset of the spine
Already from the name it is clear that we are talking about muscle groups surrounding the human spine. Traditionally, they include the surface forming groups of muscles that form the human figure, which provide an opportunity to make movements. They are also called dynamic because they provide all kinds of motor process.
However, one should not forget about the presence of the deep muscular layer that surrounds the spine. Here there are groups of short tonic or postural muscles: multi-parted, interstitial, intervertebral. Despite their small size, they serve the purpose of maintaining the balance of the spine and work almost constantly, are responsible for the human posture and are able to keep the voltage for a very long time, unlike dynamic ones.
Causes of problems with the spine
As a rule, they lie in the fact that the body of modern man is much more likely to experience static loads than dynamic ones: we sit or stand for a long time, avoid walking, using an elevator, etc. This leads tothat the tonic muscles are shortened, and the dynamic muscles become weaker.
This imbalance leads to the fact that there are problems related not only to appearance( curvature of the spine, stoop), but also disruption of the entire musculoskeletal system of a person. Sometimes ignoring external manifestations of the problem can lead to the appearance of pathologies relating to the system of internal organs.
How to prevent the problem of
The simplest and most reliable way is to perform a set of exercises aimed at strengthening the muscular corset. It should immediately be noted that it should include both dynamic exercises relating to the work of superficial muscle groups, and static ones that provide a uniform and strengthening load for deep muscles.
What modern physical education offers
Today there is a sufficient number of various directions designed to develop the physical capabilities of a person. One such area is Pilates. His exercises are just aimed at strengthening the deep - the postural muscles responsible for the condition of the muscular corset of the spine.
Complex from Pilates
This includes only the most simple exercises that do not require special training, and which can and must be done independently. These include:
- stretching of the back muscles;
- strengthening of lower dorsal muscles;
- development of flexors and extensors of the back.
All exercises are slow. The number of repetitions of 5 - 6, except for the third - to 20. As the spine is strengthened and trained, their number should be increased.
1. Stretching of the dorsal muscles. Performed in a sitting position on the floor with a straight back. Relaxing shoulders and back, stretching his arms forward and reaching for them as far as possible. The movement begins with a deep breath that accompanies the forward movement. Return to the starting position is done on exhalation.
2. For the lower back muscles. You should lie on your stomach, stretching your arms forward, and your legs back. Tearing off the chest and head from the floor, alternately raise the arm and the opposite leg, trying to fix this position for ten seconds. As a result, the movements are something reminiscent of swimming.
3. For the lower dorsal muscles. Lying on his back tear off the floor straightened shoulders and head, straining the press. One leg, bending at the knee, we sip to the chest, and the second remains straight and stretches out over the floor. Alternately pull up to the chest then the left then the right leg, while pulling the stomach, and trying not to touch the surface.
4. For flexors and extensors of the back. We lay down on the back, legs bend at the knees and place them on the width of the thighs, hands along the body. Carefully tear off the pelvis from the floor, trying to raise it so that a straight line formed from the chest to the hips. In the most elevated position, you need to linger, taking a deep breath. Then, gradually exhaling, slowly lay the spine sections on the surface from the thoracic to the coccyx.
In addition to Pilates, the need to strengthen and develop muscle corset is also devoted to other types of physical activity offered by specialists in therapeutic physical training. They include exercises for the spine, based on the work of both dynamic and tonic muscle groups.
Complex of exercises for dynamic and tonic muscle groups
If there are diseases of the spine, then before performing exercises for the muscular corset, you should consult a doctor. They need to be done after a little warm-up in the following order.
- Walking on the buttocks.
- Exercise the boat or its variation in flight.
Classes involving warm-up and exercises for the spine should be held at least three times during the week.
1. Walking on the buttocks. It is done sitting. The legs are stretched, the back is straight, in the exercise of the exercise you need to monitor its correct position. Hands slightly bent at the elbows, so as not to interfere with movement. Pushing the right foot forward, including the buttock in motion and slightly raising the upper part of the trunk, the first step is taken. Then repeat the same with the left. It is necessary to move this way for a couple of meters ahead, then return the same way back. To complicate exercises, you can raise your hands while moving up.
2. Movement of the snake. To do this, lie on your stomach, lifting the upper part of the trunk on the forearms, you need to stretch forward. Then moving with the help of hands, it is necessary to pull even more, and so to move a few meters. The number of repetitions up to three times based on well-being.
The variant of the exercise is lifting the trunk from the prone position, gradually straightening the arms, trying to bend backwards as much as possible back.
3. Boat. In the supine position, hands under the hips and, tearing off the legs from the floor, simultaneously raise the top of the body. Raising them in turn, you should swing smoothly on your hands, while increasing the amplitude of movements. Complicated version: rocking with arms outstretched forward. The next level of difficulty: hands to grasp the ankles of the legs, and in this position to swing.
4. The variation of the previous one is the exercise in flight. While in the same position, simultaneously lift the shoulders, chest, arms and legs above the floor. Looking forward, stay in this position for half a minute. Then, spreading his hands to the sides, again fix this position at the same time. Then you need to land on the floor and relax for a while. The number of repetitions in this case is at least ten times, if done easily, their number can be increased.
5. Kitty. From the starting position, kneeling, hands resting on the palms, the back is straight, the back should be rounded as much as possible, while lowering the head down and stretching the spine. Then, lifting your head up, try to bend your back as much as possible, directing it to the floor. Having done such movements up to 15 times, you need to sit on your feet, and hands from the previous position to pull as far as possible forward, and fix this position for 30 seconds. As a rule, the execution takes 2-3 minutes.
6. Rolling. Here it is necessary to be grouped: to sit down on a floor, legs thus are bent at a knee and are pressed to a trunk, arms or hand embrace legs, a chin concerns a breast. Slightly pushing his feet, smoothly roll on his back and return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is about ten.
7. Rest. In the position on the back, with arms outstretched and with your shoulders pressed to the floor, you need to pull your right foot to your chest while inhaling so that your foot is at the level of the knee of your left foot. Then move the right foot as far to the left as possible, trying to reach the surface of the floor with the knee. At this stage, you need to fix the position, evenly breathing and trying to reach for the knee on the surface, counting to ten. Then repeat the same with the other leg.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of the above exercises for the spine. They are not only aimed at strengthening the muscles, but also contribute to the elimination of unpleasant pain. Regular implementation of them will strengthen the muscle corset and in the future as long as possible to maintain a correct and beautiful posture.