Complex of physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the shoulder joint: description and video
Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the shoulder joint, video and description of the complex will help to increase the effectiveness of treatment of the disease. Exercises exercise therapy help the patient to develop the shoulders, resulting in joints becoming more mobile, the pain is reduced.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis: medical recommendations
Absolutely all patients with joint problems are shown physical exercises. They are especially useful for osteoarthritis. It is very important to follow a set of rules and medical recommendations.
- To be engaged in physical training only in the period of remission. In no way can the complex be performed during a period of exacerbation. In this period, any physical stress on the shoulders is contraindicated.
- Only deal with the doctor's prescription. The patient can go to the LFK's office or practice at home. If the patient chooses the second option and wants to engage in the complex described below, he must consult with the attending physician. This will protect the patient from possible injuries and other harm that self-medication can bring.
- Do not exercise if the patient has fever, there are diseases of the cardiovascular system or lungs. It is necessary to consider other ailments, in which physical activity is contraindicated.
- In the process of exercising exercise therapy, a person should not experience significant pain. If this happens, it is advisable to abandon the unit, the execution of which causes pain, and consult with the instructor of the exercise therapy.
- Do it regularly. Physiotherapy exercises with arthrosis of the shoulder joint will give an effect only if you practice it every day.
You can end the session with an easy self-massage of the shoulder joint and the muscles next to it.
Exercises for arthrosis of the shoulder joint
Doing exercises, do not rush, try to "jump above your head." It is necessary to be engaged so that employment or occupations have not led to extensions, traumas, etc. All movements with arthrosis of the shoulder joint should be done carefully! They are performed on the account from 1 to 7, and then return to the starting position described in the complex. Then do the movements on the other side.
Exercise # 1
Standing on the floor, put your feet at shoulder level. Raise your right arm and bend your elbow. It is necessary to achieve that the fingers touch the right shoulder blade. The elbow is raised. Place your left hand on the elbow of your right hand. Then slowly press down on it and simultaneously lower the right hand. It is necessary to achieve such a situation when the palm of the right hand, which lies on the shoulder blade, eventually sank as low as possible. Then return to the starting position. It is necessary to execute 4 times on each side.
Exercise # 2
The starting position is similar to the previous one, the hands are lowered down. Then put the left hand on the right shoulder joint, and the right one on the left one. That is, hug yourself by the shoulders. Holding your elbows as high as possible, you reach for the spine with your fingers. On account 8 return to the starting position. Repeat 8 times.
Exercise # 3
The starting position is similar to the previous one, but you need to face the back of the chair. The distance between the patient and the chair is about 40 cm. Lean forward so that the upper limbs lie on the back of the chair. After that, the shoulders should be pulled down. At the same time hands should be straightened. Make 8 repetitions.
Exercise # 4
Get up straight and spread your legs at shoulder level. Hands stretch forward. Bend the left arm in the elbow and guide it in the direction of the right shoulder joint. Then put your right hand on your left elbow and pull your left hand to your right shoulder. The movements are neat and smooth. In total, you need to complete 4 approaches on each side.
Exercise # 5
Standing straight and legs apart at shoulder level, cross your arms behind your back and bend at the elbows. Embrace the right hand with your left hand, and return to the original position at the expense of 8.In total, do 8 repetitions per hand.
Exercise # 6
Get your hands behind your back and twist your brushes. With arthrosis of the shoulder joint, the block is performed in two versions:
Option 1-st. Expand the shoulders back so that the elbows behind each other are striving towards each other.
Option 2-nd. Movement is similar to the first option, but at the same time you need to raise your hands at the same time, keeping them tied behind your back. Lift up, as far as it will turn out. It is necessary to do 8 repetitions.
Exercise # 7
Standing straight and legs apart at shoulder level, take the edges of the towel with your hands. At the expense of 1 to 4, raise your arms up and bring them back, but not bending your elbows much. At the expense of 5 to 8, move in the opposite direction: raise your hands behind your back and move them forward. Gradually you need to try to keep your hands back as far as possible. Do not rush events, each time it will get easier and better.
Only laborious and regular work will get very good results and real relief to a person. This is the only way that will help cure the disease. No medicine will give such a result.
Therapeutic gymnastics and massage with shoulder periarthritis
The shoulder blade is one of the most mobile and flexible joints. It is because of the wide range of movements that the scapula-humeral joint is often subjected to periarthritis.
The reason for the periarthritis of the shoulder joint may be the resulting injury, unsuccessful jerks or heavy physical work. When the shoulder joint is affected, not only medical treatment is required, an important condition here is regular massages, as well as therapeutic gymnastics.
LFK with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
In case the pain of the shoulder and shoulder joint is characterized as very strong, an anesthetic preparation can be taken before performing therapeutic exercises. It is very important to take into account that all exercises should be performed under the supervision of the attending physician or be coordinated with him. The fact is that a reassessment of one's physical abilities( under the influence of an anesthetic drug) can lead to an aggravation of the disease. If the periarthritis of the shoulder joint has pronounced symptoms, the complexity and number of exercises should be increasing. To begin in this case it is necessary with the most simple actions. Detailed exercise is shown in video 1.
As a rule, gymnastics with periarthritis of the shoulder joint is aimed at the development of joints such as the elbow, wrist and hand joints. Basically, the blade joint and the shoulder joint area are kneaded.
In the reflex limitation of the mobility of the affected shoulder or shoulder joint, caused by severe pain, treatment is carried out using thermal procedures. In addition, the patient needs therapeutic gymnastics. Thermal procedures can be carried out with a heating pad, which can be replaced with a bag filled with sand( warmed).In acute periarthritis of the shoulder and shoulder joint, gymnastics requires taking certain measures. First of all, the diseased limb should be fixed with a soft roller installed in the armpit.
If the shoulder periarthritis is in the acute stage, exercise should be performed in the supine position. With a reduction in painful sensations in the humeroscapular joint, it is possible to diversify the exercises, adding to them those performed standing and sitting. Periarthritis of the shoulder joint requires specially selected therapeutic exercises. The result of each action should be the relaxation of the corresponding muscle group. As for the number of exercises, this question should be decided by the attending physician, since he is strictly individual.
Periarthritis of the shoulder joint: some medical exercises
- To perform the first exercise, lie on your back. Bending both hands in the elbows, begin to squeeze and unclench your fingers in a fist. After doing about 10 times, shake with brushes. It is recommended to take at least 0.5 minutes to complete.
- The following action, aimed at reducing pain in periarthritis of the shoulder joint, is performed in the same initial position. Bending your arms in the elbows, begin to bend and unbend the wrists in the wrist joints. After doing this action 5 times, go to the circular rotations of the brushes, which in this case should be relaxed. It is not necessary to hurry. Feeling tired, let the joints rest.
- If the humeroparous periarthritis is in the acute stage, it is recommended to start exercise therapy from exercise, including the following: lying on your back and straightening your arms, start turning the wrists down and up.5-10 times will be quite enough, then you can proceed to the next exercise.
- While in the previous starting position, touch with the palms of the shoulders, while taking a deep breath, returning to the starting position, exhale. The action should be done 5 to 10 times.
- With periarthritis of the shoulder joint, it is very good to perform the following exercise: lying on a hard surface, bend your arms( in the elbows) so that a right angle is obtained. Do not hurry, start to spread the forearms in the sides. It is advisable that, when performing this exercise, the brushes of your hands touch the surface on which you are lying. The optimal number of exercises - 5 times.
- Brushes should be on the shoulders, elbows spread on the sides, taking a deep breath at the same time. Returning to the starting position, exhale. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, raise your elbows forward, taking a deep breath, lowering your elbows - exhale. This movement helps to relieve pain in the shoulder, the shoulder joint. The total number of movements is 5-7 times.
- Putting hands in the starting position along the trunk, start to plant them on the sides. In this case, turn the palms up and down. Perform the exercise until the affected shoulder does not have a feeling of fatigue.
- If you have a shoulder periarthritis, the following exercise should be included in the complex of exercise therapy: the initial position is the same, alternately start lifting your hands up, while taking a deep breath and exhaling.
- Spread your arms across the width of the plane on which you are lying( palms down).With palms, try pressing on the surface. If at the same time you feel pain in the shoulder, the exercise should be discarded.
- Lying, as before, on a hard surface, stretch out your hands so that your hands are pointing upwards, for a few minutes, try to relax.
If something is not clear, help video 2. If the scapular periarthritis is at an acute stage, do not try to do the exercises to the maximum. Repeat them preferably three times a day, but the amount should be determined by the attending physician.
At the moment when the pain becomes less pronounced, the following exercises should be added to the exercise complex:
- Sitting on a chair, put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Next, proceed to bending the arms in the elbows, while taking a deep breath, unbending, exhale. Feeling behind the affected shoulder discomfort, you should stop.
- Raise and lower your hands in front of you, breathing in and out. Five exercises will be enough.
- Next, try to get your hand to the shoulder blade, then try the same thing with your hand with the affected shoulder. If the exercise causes you severe pain, it is better to abandon it.
- If periarthritis does not make itself felt by acute symptoms, the following exercise will do: put your hands on your knees. Take your hand to the side, hold it for a few seconds, then take a breath, the same should be repeated with the other hand.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, alternately start pulling your elbows to the knee of the opposite leg. In this case, the knee can be raised.
- Sitting on a chair, make a slope, one hand should be pulled to the shoulder, the second one down. Changing your hands, take a deep breath and exhale.
- With periarthritis, the following exercise is very effective: with shoulder joints, try to perform circular movements back and forth.
- Next, proceed to make head inclinations back and forth, then to the side. Do not rush if this does not happen, if there are dizziness, take a short break.
If the periarthritis does not make itself felt by pronounced symptoms, it is possible to include the following exercise in the exercise complex: the initial position is the same( sitting on a chair), stand up, spread your arms to the sides, taking a breath. Returning to the original position, exhale. Follow the exercise 5-7 times.
Exercise for brachial periarthritis in the starting position standing
Standing on your feet, begin to perform circular movements with your hands, lifting them in front of you. Then, while doing the same actions, drop your hands. Exercise is performed at a slow pace until the first signs of fatigue.
The starting position is the same, put your feet on the width of the shoulders, start the swings to the right and left with both hands. Exercise should be performed 5-10 times( depending on how acutely the polyarthritis makes itself felt).
Standing on your feet, hands at the seams, start to swing back and forth. The muscles must be relaxed. Next, try to alternate the direction of the hands( one forward, the other back).
Another effective exercise for shoulder periarthritis is walking, during which wide hand movements are performed. It is not necessary to hurry up in this case, it's enough for 1 min.
Massage with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
With the help of a complex that includes exercise therapy and massage procedures, a quick and effective result can be achieved. Therapeutic massage can remove pain and prevent the formation of rough scar tissue. In addition, this method is able to eliminate the development of tendovaginitis, bursitis, myositis, to prevent muscle atrophy.
It is very important that the massage procedures are regular, enough to give them 15 minutes a day. Typically, the course includes 15-20 massage procedures that require periodic breaks of 3 to 4 weeks. To treat the periarthritis of the scapula and shoulder joint exclusively by the medicinal method is not enough, since this can lead to the development of reflex contracture( restriction of mobility).
In order to prevent humeroscapular periarthritis complications, it is very important to follow all the recommendations of the attending physician. After performing exercise therapy, the shoulder joint is recommended to be fixed so that the movements are minimal. For this, the patient should lie on a hard surface so that the arm is at a right angle.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the shoulder joint
In the shoulder joint due to mechanical overload or trauma, degenerative changes of articular surfaces often develop. In this regard, there is awkward movement, crunching, pain. With time, the musculo-ligamentous apparatus is increasingly weakened, the mobility of the joint is limited. To prevent this helps the proposed complex.
Under the influence of training, joint nutrition improves, the musculoskeletal apparatus is strengthened, pain gradually passes, the function of the joint is normalized.
Dealing with curative for arthrosis of the shoulder joint is recommended and in an acute period, with severe pain;Do not just do the exercises with the maximum amplitude. If pain persists even during exercise, do not stop doing the exercises.
The aching arm is less tired when the exercises for the shoulder joint alternate with respiratory exercises, or with breaks for rest. By the way, to relieve the pain help the flapping movements with relaxed hands( forward-backward, right-to-left, circular movements with hands, touching the floor with them).
If the pain is severe, do not put your hand to your chest, put it on your chest. Otherwise, the limitation of joint mobility may develop. Therefore, keep your arm straight, especially when lying down.
Exercises that are given in this complex, it is recommended to perform 3-4 times a day for 10-15 minutes at a slow pace. With severe pain, repeat the complex 2-3 times, no more. As you train and reduce pain - up to 6 times.
After gymnastics and self-massage it is useful to make hand movements necessary for self-service: get the eponymous shoulder, the opposite shoulder, the back of the head and the back of the brush to touch the opposite shoulder blade.
Some exercises are performed using a block fixed at a level of half a meter above the head( you can use any hollow outside wheel or coil and 1.5-2 meters of bandage).
Do 15-17 exercises at a time. First those that are easier to manage. After 2-3 weeks, start to do more difficult exercises, and exclude previously excused for a while. Those who easily perform the whole complex, to increase the load can increase the number of repetitions.
1. Stand facing the wall at a distance of a foot from her. Legs shoulder width apart. Put your palms on the wall at the chest level. With a healthy hand, perform a circular movement in one direction and the other, without taking your hand from the wall. The same with a sick hand. Breathing is arbitrary.
2. From the same initial position, with a healthy hand, reach up, not taking your hand from the wall, - inhale, lower your hand to its starting position - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
If severe pain occurs during these exercises, they should be done sitting at the table, hands on the table.
3. Stand facing the wall a step away from her, feet shoulder-width apart. Put your palms on the wall at the chest level. Bend and unbend arms, squeezing from the wall. Breathing is arbitrary.
4. Stand with your back to the wall, feet shoulder-width apart. Pressing down on her hands( with the back of the hand).Take the healthy arm to the side to shoulder level - inhale, lower - exhale( Figure I).The same with a sick hand.
5. The starting position is the same. Hands and palms are pressed against the wall. To lead a healthy arm to the side upwards - inhale, return to the starting position - exhalation. The same with a sick hand.
6. Stand facing the wall, feet shoulder-width apart. Tie over the ends of the bandage. With a healthy hand, pull the bandage down, the painful arm follows it upwards( Figure II).The same with a sick hand.
7. Stand at a distance from the table, feet on the width of the foot. Lean your hands against the edge of the table - inhale, turning the pelvis back, making springing slopes - exhaling( Figure III).
8. Sit at the table, put hands on it with the palms facing down. With a healthy hand, describe the circle in one direction and the other. The same with a sick hand. Breathing is arbitrary.
9. Sit on a chair, feet shoulder-width apart. Brushes to the shoulders: take a healthy elbow to the side - up - inhale, lower - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
10. The starting position is the same. Dilute elbows to the sides - upwards - inhale, - lower - exhale.
11. The starting position is the same. Hands bent at the elbows, fingers clenching into a fist - inhaling, unbending a healthy arm forward, unclenching fingers, reaching out with the shoulder behind the hand( Figure IV) - exhalation.
Return to the starting position. The same with a sick hand.
12. The starting position is the same. Hands lower, lean slightly forward. Flapping movements with relaxed hands forward and backward. Breathing is arbitrary.
13. The starting position is the same, brush to the shoulders. Circular motion with arms bent forward( at the moment when the elbows at the top, - inhale, at the bottom - exhalation).The same in the other direction.
14. Feet on the width of the shoulders, hands to lower down - inhale, bending to the side, touch the healthy arm of the floor - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
15. Legs shoulder width apart, hands clasped in the lock. Raise them upwards - inhale, lower to your knees - exhale.
16. Sit on the edge of the chair, feet shoulder-width apart, arms bend at the elbows. Alternately raise the arms bent at the elbows( figure V) and lower them. Breathing is arbitrary.
If this exercise is painless, hands can be raised higher.
17. Repeat exercise 12.
Sitting( exercises with stick)
18. Sit on a chair, legs slightly wider than shoulders. Put the stick on your knees, take hold of its ends. Raise the stick with a healthy hand to the vertical position - inhale, lower the stick to your knees - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
19. The starting position is the same. Stick the stick to the floor vertically. A healthy hand to take on the upper end, the patient is closer to the middle - the inhalation, during the exhalation the circular movement in the left side, the body also participates in the movement. After changing the position of the hands, do the exercise on the right side( Figure VI).
20. The starting position is the same. Stick the middle of the horizontal, hands to straighten forward. Turn the stick left and right. Breathing is arbitrary.
21. The starting position is the same. Stick the stick to the floor vertically, at the distance of straightened arms. Put on her hands on top - inhale, gently, springingly tilt the head and shoulders - exhale.
22. The starting position is the same. Hold the stick by the middle with both hands in a horizontal position. Hands up - inhale, drop on your knees - exhale.
Standing( exercises with a stick)
23. Feet on the width of the shoulders, stick to hold the ends horizontally. A healthy hand to raise up to the vertical position - inhale, lower the stick horizontally - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
24. Hold the stick behind your backs horizontally. A healthy arm lift up to a vertical position - inhale, return to the starting position - exhale. The same with a sick hand.
25. Hold the stick in front of you for the ends horizontally. With a healthy hand, put the end of the stick behind the head and carry the stick behind him - breathing in( Figure VII), return to the starting position - exhalation. The same with a sick hand.
26. Keep the stick in front of you for the ends horizontally. To rise on socks, a stick upwards - an inspiration, to fall on heels, a stick to return in a starting position - an exhalation.
Standing( without a stick)
27. The legs are shoulder width apart, hands are lowered. Turn the body to the right, relaxed hands behind the back to the right. The same to the left. Breathing is arbitrary.
28. The starting position is the same. Lean forward, do hand movements forward and backward, then circular movements with your hands to the right and to the left. Breathing is arbitrary.
29. The starting position is the same. Brushes to the shoulders, elbows to the sides above the shoulders - inhale, lower hands, relax muscles - exhale.
Folk remedies should not be used as a separate treatment, but in combination with the main one. It is important to warn the attending physician about the intention to use such funds and about their composition.
First, it is recommended to take medical baths - they are useful for improving blood circulation, including in the damaged area. To prepare for the procedure, it is necessary to place the dried or fresh mint into a bucket, pour water and boil for a quarter of an hour, then insist for another 30 minutes. The broth is filtered and poured into a bathroom with warm water( temperature about 40 degrees).It is necessary to stay in the bath for no more than half an hour, after which lightly rub it with a towel and lie down under a warm blanket. With caution to such a procedure, people who have heart problems should be approached - hot baths are contraindicated. To prepare medicinal baths, you can also use dry mustard, decoctions of nettle, ledum, burdock and cranberries.
Shoulder joint arthrosis remedy:
- a small propolis ball( about 4 grams) is well mixed with 40 grams of pork fat. The ointment, which will be obtained as a result, must be rubbed into the shoulder;
- from the leaves of burdock or birch is prepared pulp( crushed), and then used as a means for compresses;
- rub in the shoulder with arthrosis can be preheated sunflower oil;
- the leaves of cabbage are smeared with honey and for the night they are tied to the affected part of the hand;
- a small piece of cloth soaked in a decoction of hay and put to the shoulder;
- relieve the intensity of pain sensations of the decoctions of their herbs: nettle, ledum, chamomile, string and burdock. They need to be systematically taken inwards.
Gymnastics as a way to treat arthrosis of the shoulder joint
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the shoulder is very effective: it restores the hand and does not allow to disrupt the function of the joint
The complex of therapeutic exercises helps not only restore the function of the hand, but also prevent the development of destructive processes in the joint. As a result of systematic training, muscles are strengthened, joint nutrition improves, and the pain syndrome passes.
There are a lot of different exercises, here are some of them:
- in sitting position, you need to place your hands on your knees and relax. The essence of the exercise is that it is cautious to make circular movements with shoulders without detachment of the hands from the knees;
- should be raised and lowered in a similar position;
- feet shoulder width apart, left arm on right shoulder, right arm on left arm. At the expense of up to eight you should try to keep your elbows as high as possible;
- slightly apart legs, you need to sit about half a meter from the back of the chair. During the exercise, you need to lean forward, grasp your hands behind the back, and gently stretch your shoulders down;
- hands behind the back in a crossed state with bent elbows. It is necessary to take one hand by the elbow of the other and gently pull, then - change hands.
There are rules in performing a set of exercises:
- during an exacerbation it is necessary to stop training, they are considered useful only during remission;
- any exercises should be approved by the attending physician, you should not choose the ones you like;
- can not be used for physical exertion in case of concomitant diseases, which are accompanied by an increase in temperature;
- during the exercise the patient should not feel severe pain;
- to achieve a positive effect of training should be regular.
Surgical treatment methods
Endoprosthesis of the shoulder joint
Surgical intervention refers to radical methods of treatment, and is only used if other methods either do not already make sense due to the late stage of the disease, or they could not be acted upon by the destructive process.
Endoprosthetics is an operation that involves the replacement of those parts of the joint that are damaged irrevocably by artificial elements. This helps not only to get rid of constant pain, but also to restore the mobility of the hand. There are different types of shoulder joint prosthetics:
- surface operation( during the intervention, only the cartilaginous cover is replaced);
- prosthetic single-pole type implies a complete replacement of one of the two components of the joint;
- total prosthetics - the artificial parts are replaced by both contiguous surfaces( and the head of the bone, and the cavity on the shoulder blade);
- and the last type of operation is the replacement of the artificial element that was introduced earlier.
The shape, structure and biomechanics of an artificial prosthesis completely repeats the present humerus of a man. The service life is very long - up to 25 depending on the manufacturer and the intensity of the load.
Doctor's advice: Endoprosthetics is not only a serious but also an expensive operation, after which the patient has a long rehabilitation. In order not to lead to such an extreme, it is better to seek medical help when the first symptoms appear.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the shoulder joint
Physiotherapeutic effects do not eliminate the cause of the disease, but significantly slows down its development and reduces the need for anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs.
Individual methods are aimed at eliminating specific symptoms( pain or inflammation) or improving the processes of feeding the joint and restoring it. So, with arthrosis of the shoulder joint, the following methods of physiotherapy can be used:
- ultraviolet irradiation with medium waves of .Due to the effect of waves on the affected area, the joint concentrates substances that reduce the intensity of pain sensations through a decrease in the sensitivity of the nerves in this area;
- infrared laser therapy ( improves blood circulation, has a calming effect on the whole body);
- centimeter wave therapy of high intensity ( in the process of action of such waves, heat is directed to the affected joint, which contributes to the improvement of blood supply to the site, activation of the vascular system, which accelerates the removal of harmful substances from the tissues);
- magnetotherapy - local effect on the shoulder joint for its heating;
- ultrasound physiotherapy - improves metabolic processes, resulting in reduced inflammation, accelerated tissue repair. This method is used most often, as it is considered one of the most effective for arthrosis;
- hydrogen sulphide bath ( there is an improvement in nutrition and blood supply of tissues).