Massage with flat feet in a child. How to treat flat feet in children
The footprint of your baby's kidney is not only an excellent method of "stopping the moment", but also a way to check if the baby has such a pathology as flat feet. How to recognize a developing disease in time? And what kind of massage with flat feet does the child guarantee excellent results?
Description of pathology
Flattening is a disease in which the arch of the foot is flattened. As a result of this pathology, the necessary functionality of the legs is lost. The feet are not able to act as a sufficient shock absorber. Vertical jolts, blows they do not completely extinguish.
Such a pathology starts to suffer from the musculoskeletal system. The disease affects the functioning of the lower limbs and the spine. With pathology, even the base of the skull suffers.
Quite common concept - flat-footed feet. As orthopedists consider, this is not a disease, but a deformation that results from loosening of ligaments. With this pathology, the foot as it were "falls in" inward. There is an irregular formation of the arch of the foot and arch. With this pathology, while walking, the legs get tired much faster.
If flat-footed feet are not treated, then in the future it threatens not only a cosmetic defect. The crumbs will be hard to walk. Possible difficulties with the choice of shoes. The child will greatly deteriorate the gait.
Parents should understand that the baby's foot is formed, usually up to 7 years. In a more adult age, it is very difficult to change anything dramatically.
Classification of pathology
Flattening is subdivided into the following types:
- Transverse. There is flattening in the forefoot. This pathology can be seen visually. The thumb, as a rule, deviates sideways. Can build up inside the foot. The 2nd and 3rd fingers become hammer-shaped.
- Longitudinal. Compaction occurs in the longitudinal arch of the foot. The extended elongated middle part is clearly visible. The foot is rotated inward. The longitudinal arch is omitted. The child's walk is awkward. Socks are bred strongly aside.
- Combined flat feet. This kind combines transverse and longitudinal deformation.
Physicians distinguish 3 stages of the disease:
- Flattening 1 degree. With such a pathology, a weakened ligamentous apparatus is observed. In this case, the foot does not change its shape. Fatigue and pain can occur in the evening after a long walk. It's enough to rest a little - and the discomfort goes away. Flattening 1 degree affects the gait of the child. It is less plastic.
- 2 degree. Flattening of the foot is seen visually. Vaults almost completely disappear. The foot is spread and expanded. Very painful discomfort is expressed. It acquires a permanent character. Pain can spread to the entire ankle, shin. And even reach the knee. The child is very difficult to walk, there is a clubfoot.
- Flattened 3rd degree. The deformation of the foot is sharply expressed. There may be damage to some parts of the musculoskeletal system - scoliosis, arthrosis, intervertebral hernia. The thumb is very strongly deflected outwards. Constant pain is felt in the feet, legs, knees, and sometimes in the hips, lower back. It's hard enough to get walking.
Features of developing pathology
Beginning to visit an orthopedic surgeon from a one-year-old age. Already with such a crumb, a competent specialist is able to determine whether the child is inclined to pathology. Suspected development of flat feet parents themselves, carefully examining the legs of the child and his shoes.
Factors to look out for:
- Footwear. With flat feet, the inner part of the heel, the sole, wears heavily. In the normal foot, the outer surface is immediately erased.
- Color. The leg should be pale pink. The purple-cyanotic hue of the foot characterizes the venous congestion. Pale color indicates insufficient circulation.
- Pathologies. In case of illness, thickening, scuffing of the skin, calluses may occur.
- Visual inspection. Ask the crumb to put side by side. Thumbs should adjoin very closely to each other.
If at least one of the above factors is present, it is possible to suspect a flat foot in the child. What to do in this case? Be sure to consult an orthopedist who will recommend adequate methods of foot correction.
Such procedures are prescribed at any stage of the disease. They allow you to restore mobility in joints, improve metabolism in tissues.
The following physiotherapy procedures can be recommended:
- UHT - shockwave therapy;
- paraffin-ozocerite application.
Electromyostimulation is quite popular. In this procedure, electrodes are applied to the problem areas. Then start a weak current. There is a "forced" training of muscle tissue.
Treatment with massage
Specialists recommend starting prevention almost from birth crumbs.
Massage with flat feet in a child should be performed as follows:
- Foot. The sole is rubbed with the edge of the palm - from the heel to the fingers. Grasp the foot with your thumb. Do the same for your fingers. Performing foot massage to the child with flat feet, "draw" the number 7. Start from the thumb of the crumbs, move to the base of the little finger and descend along the outer surface to the heel. Then rub the interdigital spaces and the bony protuberances of the lower leg with circular motions. Carefully turn the foot.
- Shin. Massage with flat feet in a child should not end only with work with stops. It is necessary to make stroking, rubbing and kneading the palms of both sides of the shin. Inner surface gently beat and pinch your fingertips. Massage should be carried out from the ankle joint to the knee.
- Hips and buttocks. Such a massage with flat feet in the child is carried out without certain emphases. Techniques are used - rubbing, stroking, kneading of muscle tissues of the hips. They move in the direction of the location of the bone. On the buttocks are allowed to massage in any direction. An addition to an effective massage should be the elements of vibration - pokolachivanie edge palms, tingle, perhaps shaking.
Only complex therapy can get rid of pathology. It should not be forgotten that gymnastics with flat feet in children is an important and indispensable part of adequate treatment.
The following exercises are recommended for pathology:
- A child rolls a ball with a foot or a stick.
- The kid grabs a small object from the floor, using only the toes.
- Walking on socks and on the heels. Such an exercise should be performed until the legs of the child get tired. Kroha makes 4 steps, becoming on socks, then the same on the heels.
- Suggest a child to be like the outside of the feet.
- Kid bends and unbends the toes of the legs.
- Put a special bar on the floor, the height of which is 30-40 mm. The child becomes one foot on him. It is necessary on it to rise to the toe and fall to the full foot. The second leg does not participate. Exercise is repeated until fatigue. Then do the same for the other leg.
Orthopedic massage mat
Toddler is recommended to walk barefoot. However, the surface on which the crumb comes, must be uneven. For example, it could be land or grass outside the city. The given action will allow variously to load muscles of foot.
You can use for such purposes a special orthopedic mat from flat feet for children. It can perform all physical exercises. This mat causes irritation of the receptors on the baby's foot. As a result of the provoked effect, the foot is correctly formed. In addition, a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
Often it is recommended that children wear special shoes. Sometimes orthopedic insoles may be prescribed instead of shoes. The recommended measures depend on the revealed pathology, its features and the degree of development.
Shoes with special insoles must be worn for about 5-6 hours a day.
Recommendations for parents
It is extremely important to choose the right shoes for babies. Choose only good and quality shoes.
Be sure to remember the following recommendations:
- The crumb should not wear shoes that do not fix the ankle joint. Refuse slippers, house slippers, sandals with straps on the heels, winter soft boots.
- All shoes in which a child walks must have a rigid solid back. Shoes with laces are recommended. For summer shoes, it is preferable to have a fastener.
- Never buy shoes for a child "for growth".In free footwear, the risk of incorrect formation of the foot is high. Tight shoes also lead to deformation of the feet.
- Do not allow the child to wear other people's shoes. It does not fit the crumb at all, because it is already trampled under someone else's leg.
- Avoid rubber and synthetic shoes.
Let the legs of your crumbs be always healthy!
Treatment of flat feet in children
Flat feet( longitudinal and transverse) in children are worried about modern parents almost from the first step made by the baby. As a rule, treatment is prescribed if the flat foot persists for up to 5 years or more.
Age feature or pathology?
Approximately 3-13% of children face flat feet at a young age. In fact, this condition is physiological up to 8-9 years. If the arch disappears in the standing position and appears when climbing on socks or sitting, then it is a question of flexible flat feet. Dr. Komarovsky in his advice to young mothers tells that in children of 1 year with a strong desire, any specialist will find a flattening of the foot, as this corresponds to the normal maturation of the limb.
Attention should be paid to children who have a hereditary predisposition to foot diseases, as well as the appearance of scoliosis, clubfoot and gait disturbances. Congenital dislocation of the hip, muscular dysplasia can provoke overstrain and bending of the foot. Children with established diagnoses are observed additionally.
Injuries to the feet, rickets, congenital weakness of the muscles form the prerequisites for flat feet. Detects a surgeon's disease before the year, but after 2 years, the strengthening of bones and ligaments continues, and should be supervised by a specialist.
The question of whether the disease is treated in children - is solved depending on the diagnosis established by the orthopedist. There are the following types of foot deformities:
- Flexible, painless flat feet does not require urgent measures. Orthopedic insertions can aggravate the situation on the contrary. Flexible platypodia is considered pathological in pain in the foot, and the formation of calluses and uneven wear of shoes are indications for treatment.
- Fixed flat feet - the basis for buying orthopedic shoes to prevent pain. It is recommended to prevent overweight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Worries about how to cure a child, it is necessary for discomfort or pronounced signs:
- Strong stomping of the heel on one side.
- Visible changes in the gait.
The child can refuse to walk and run, not to participate in games that require a lot of stress on his legs. When complaining of pain, you should consult an orthopedist.
How are pediatricians diagnosed?
Looking at the leg with the naked eye, an experienced orthopedist can detect flat feet. He watches the movement of the foot during walking, sitting, standing or doing exercises, and also examines the child's shoes and the specifics of wear.
In severe cases, you will need to make an X-ray to determine the degree of deformation. The doctor directs to examine the knees and hips of the child from the surgeon in order to exclude the influence of other limb flaws on the shape of the foot.
When is treatment required?
Most of the children outgrow the problem, and the doctor will advise you to come for follow-up visits. To reduce pain, insoles, inserts and orthopedic shoes are used, which is prescribed by a specialist.
Operations are rarely performed until the skeleton is fully formed. At this age, plastic tendons do not work. Subtalar arthritis for the formation of the arch is performed only with the intensifying nature of pain, since a side effect may be degenerative arthritis in the future.
Prevention is the best treatment for
Concerns about how to treat flat feet in children, is dispelled by the doctor's answer - to strengthen the muscles of the legs. In case of obvious deformation, the complex of exercise therapy should be developed by the instructor and carried out under his guidance.
However, a few simple tips can be recommended to every adult to protect the child:
- To do with infancy is easy foot massage from flat feet.
- Let the child walk on pebbles, sand, grass or purchase a special mat that provides massage and helps the foot to develop properly.
- Buy shoes from leather, with a small heel and a hard back.
- At home, a sports corner for outdoor games.
- Buy a baby bike, write down for swimming.
Children with diagnosed flat feet are strictly forbidden to skate, attend ballet and engage in weightlifting.
It is worthwhile to act actively at an early age, so that anxiety about how to cure the disease in adolescents was not belated.
Home gymnastics from flat feet - the main way to strengthen the feet:
- Breeding of the toes on the legs while sitting or standing. Hold the maximum dilution point for 10 seconds, repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Point things out in the room with your toes. Select the object, point the fingers of the elongated leg, bend the knee and hold on for 5 seconds. Draw letters of the alphabet with each foot.
- Walk on the socks for 5 minutes every day, trying not to touch the floor with heels. You can use a treadmill.
- Walking on the outside of the feet. Get up barefoot on the floor or carpet, put your feet on the width of your shoulders, slightly bend at the knees. Roll the body weight onto the outer edges of the foot and slowly climb to the socks, feeling the tension of the entire longitudinal arch. Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times a day.
- Walking on sand barefoot. This allows the legs to adapt to the loads and strengthen.
Is it possible to correct a defect in adolescence?
Increasingly, there are questions about how to treat flat feet in adolescents, when the process is started and cascade anomalies have appeared: ankle, knees, hip joints. To the surgeon lead the child in occasion of a curvature of a backbone or a basin, and learn about deformation of foot.
Than before to be engaged in prophylaxis, the more noticeable the effect will be. Up to 12-13 years, the deformation of the feet is correctable. Dangerous flat feet in that the poor cushioning function of the plantar arch leads to rapid deterioration of the spine, osteochondrosis, and this affects the work of internal organs.
Further treatment of flat feet in adolescents is the use of instep arresters and surgical intervention for significant pain.
The task of parents is to catch the ailment at a stage when correction is still permissible. Therefore, visits to the orthopedist should not be "for a tick", and physical activity should be allowed into the life of the child from the kindergarten.
Orthopedics for children
Probably, there are no such parents who would not be bothered by the shape of the child's leg. Often parents, and especially grandparents complain: They have absolutely curves or: "He's sloppy!" And so on. The ideal foot is found in less than half of humanity. Flattening is one of the most common diseases of the musculoskeletal system. According to scientists, from the entire population of the globe flat feet suffer from 40 to 60%.Studies conducted by Russian scientists in different years have revealed flat feet in 20-30% of the children surveyed. According to statistics, 6-8-year-old children have flat feet in 7-8% of cases. According to the City Medical and Sports Dispensary of St. Petersburg, at the preschool age 80% of the children show a violation of posture, 40% - have flat feet.
Let's start with flatfoot. All children are born with a flat foot, but when the child starts to get up, and then walk, loading the foot more and more, all the elements of the foot are correctly formed. After 6 years, the child begins to put a foot from the toe when running, more regular walking elements are formed. After 7-8 years, muscle strength and endurance increase. By the age of 10, the structure of the foot is formed and approaches the structure of the foot in adults.
Reduced muscle tone of the legs( with concomitant neurological pathology, rickets, etc.), excessive mobility in the ankle joint( which is often observed because of non-professional massage), heel-valgus stop is the signs that should alert the specialist and parents. The task of an orthopedic doctor during this period of a child's life is to determine in time whether there is a tendency to flatfoot or not. Therefore, an orthopedic visit to the year when the child begins to walk is very important.
Two types of one disease
There are two types of flatfoot: physiological and static. Physiological flat feet manifested in children under the age of 3 years.it is due to the fact that the baby's foot has its own characteristics. It is not exact, only reduced, a copy of an adult foot. Uneven bone apparatus of babies, has a partially cartilaginous structure, muscles and ligaments are still weak and susceptible to stretching. In addition, the feet of a child up to 3 years old seem flat, because the hollow of the arch is filled with a soft fat pad that masks the correct bone base. Thus, this form of flatfoot is not pathological and does not require treatment, since the arch of the foot, when properly developed, normalizes itself to 5-6 years of the child's life.
Static flat feet develops most often. The causes of the formation of static flatfoot are: ligamentous-muscular insufficiency, arising with prolonged physical overload, congenital weakness of ligaments, early rising of the child to his feet, increase in body weight for a short period of time, uncomfortable shoes, prolonged stay in a static position. The first years of the baby's life are the most favorable for the treatment of static flat feet massage and therapeutic gymnastics. Many experts believe that the violation of muscle tone is dangerous and requires treatment.
What does the toddler complain about with flatfoot? Pain in the foot when walking, running, pain in the lower leg, in the knee joints, thigh, spine. The gait loses plasticity, smoothness and lightness, posture is often disturbed. Some children can not clearly determine exactly where they experience discomfort or pain, so they do not complain, but simply prefer less-moving games.
The flat-valgus stop system is especially unfavorable at the age of 1-1,5 years. In this case, the main diagnostic feature is the deviation of the heel outward from the longitudinal axis of the shin.
Methods of treatment
It is well known that neglected cases of flatfoot often lead to a profound health disorder and even lead to disability. In addition, flat feet creates some limitations in the choice of profession. Due to the fact that the foot plays an exceptionally important role in standing, walking, running, jumping, flat feet, the professions associated with these movements do not fit. An example of such professions can be a hairdresser, a seller, a waiter, an operative, a military, a surgeon. All specialists are unanimous: flatfoot treatment is more difficult task than warning. However, many children suffer from this ailment precisely because of the inadmissible measures of prevention and treatment. That is why it is very important to consult a doctor and preventive examinations of a pediatric orthopedist
. To prevent flat feet, it is very important to wear properly selected footwear. Do not allow wearing another child's shoes. The inner edge of the shoe must be straight, so that the first toe of the foot is not withdrawn inward, the heel is no more than 1-2 cm for children under 2 years, not more than 3-4 cm from 3 years. Great importance is attached to wearing orthopedic insoles, both standard ones, in light flatfoot cases, and individually manufactured, with severe deformations. When using instep supports, it is recommended not to wear constantly. On the first day wear the instep arresters no more than one hour, the second and all subsequent days increase the period of habituation for half an hour. Shoes should be quite spacious and deep. Remember that too narrow, tight, stiff shoes can reduce or nullify the effect of orthopedic insteps and even cause foot damage.
Do not rush the baby to get back on his feet and take the first steps, he must be ready for this important stage, limit the long standing of the kids. Treatment of flat feet is a complex, important components of which are physical exercises, exercise therapy, hardening, motor and hygienic regimens. In the prevention of regularity is important, the right choice of shoes, it is useful to walk barefoot on an uneven surface, skiing, swimming.
There is a huge amount of physical exercises aimed at treating flat feet. For the effectiveness of classes, the interest of children in the performance of this set of exercises is important. But how to interest the child? After all, although exercises that are ideally matched to each other often, due to age characteristics, bother the child. And this, of course, affects the quality of the exercise and inevitably leads to a decrease in the effectiveness of treatment. Turn gymnastics into a game. Subject games and activities contribute to the creative imagination of children. Think of games with elements of mystery, surprise, game with hiding and guessing.
Special physical exercises for feet are useful for preventing flatfoot. They develop a ligamentous apparatus of the foot. Also useful and massage. Do not run to the masseur. For this purpose, you can use ordinary accounting accounts and similar roller tracks, "hedgehogs", roller poles, rugs with rubber spikes, boxes with beans or expanded clay, etc.
Gymnastics with flat feet
- Skating of a stop stick or ball.
- Capture from the floor a pencil or cloth with your toes.
- Alternating walking on toes and on the heels: 4 steps on the toes, 4 steps on the heels. Walk until your feet get tired. With the obvious ease of doing this exercise, you can take in the hands of dumbbells.
- Walking on the outer surface of the foot.
- Walking on your toes.
- Flexion and extension of toes.
- Raising the body on the gastrocnemius muscle: put a block of 30-40 mm high on the floor, stand with one foot with the toe of the foot on the bar and lift up to fatigue, the second leg does not move. With obvious ease of doing the exercise, take dumbbells in your hand. Dumbbells are taken from the side of the loaded leg.
- For the particularly lazy, you can suggest the following exercise: As you climb the stairs, try to rise on your toes( step up with a toe, not full foot), loading the calf muscles and the muscles of the foot. Having risen on the third floor, thus, you will already feel tired in the feet and calf muscles.
- It is very useful to walk barefoot on an uneven surface, for example, on the ground or grass outside the city. Note that the villagers practically do not suffer from flat feet, becausethe muscles of the foot are loaded in various ways, and in the city we walk exclusively along an even surface and the foot is loaded solely in one direction.
A bit about clubfoot
At the end, we'll stop a little on the congenital clubfoot. In congenital clubfoot, the child has a distinct bean-shaped deformation of one or both feet with the presence of contractures. The cause of changes are cicatrical changes in the capsule, ligaments and joints of the foot, underdevelopment and shortening of the muscles and tendons of the shins. The disease is usually bilateral, more common in boys. Pathology is easily identified in the hospital. Such a disease can not be started! If the child begins to walk on such legs, the deformity of the injured foot becomes worse, the function of the entire leg is disrupted, there are "burrs" on the foot and pain when walking. Suffer from abutment, gait and posture, there are difficulties with the selection of shoes. Treatment should be started as soon as possible, from the first days of the child's life. Orthopedic treatment consists in the gradual removal of the feet from the wrong position with the help of casts and long fixation in the position of enhanced correction. At an early age, when the muscles and ligaments of the child are supple and plastic, there is a high probability of completely eliminating the defect without surgical intervention. Treatment is carried out in conjunction with therapeutic gymnastics and massage. The prognosis of the disease is favorable. The earlier the treatment is started, the sooner the recovery will come.
24-hour coordinating center
DAY OF DEFENDER OF FATHERLAND On February 23 one of the most significant holidays is celebrated - Fatherland Defender's Day! On this day every representative of the strong half of humanity deserves special attention.
NEW OPENINGS On February 5, 2016, the Medical Center "XXI Century" opens its doors to the following addresses: Bogatyrsky Ave 49k1 and Komendantsky Ave 51k1.
NEW ARTICLE - Fever in children in questions and answers. During the period of increased incidence of influenza and ARVI, we collected pediatrician answers to the most frequently asked questions of parents about the temperature in children.
In order to improve the quality of service, we ask you to answer a few simple questions:
For whom you are looking for information on our website( you can specify several options):
Your gender: Male Female
In what area, in your opinion, there is not enough branchmedical center "XXI-century"?
Is it important for you to be close to the offices of the medical center "XXI Century" to the metro: Yes, it is important No, it is not important Do not know
For whom you are looking for information on our website( you can specify several options): For yourself For parents For children For othersrelatives or acquaintances For the organization of
Advertising of the medical center "XXI Century" on buses and shuttles gave you the opportunity: For the first time to find out about the medical center Find out about the opening of a new branch Did not see the advertisement on transport Other
Leave a comment Yours tocomments
Please enter the confirmation code
© 2000-2016 ANO Medical Center "XXI Century"
Our address: 194044, St. Petersburg, B. Sampsonievsky Ave, 45. Telephones: +7( 812) 380-02-38
Flattening in children - causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention.
Toddlers, starting from the age of seven months, are gradually accustomed to the upright, which causes them to significantly increase the load on the lower limbs. When wearing the right, quality shoes and proper development, normal physiological development of the feet and feet occurs. With a constant load on them, various diseases, excessive physical exercises, there may be various disorders in the development of the legs, one of which is flat feet.
Flattening is the most common disease of the musculoskeletal system in children, characterized by deformation of the foot with a flattening of its arch( usually longitudinal), as a result of which the sole becomes flat, touching the floor with its entire surface.
In all mice up to 2 years of age, the longitudinal arch of the foot is flat. And this is considered the norm, because in their soft and elastic bone tissue is not enough minerals to give it strength. Also, the muscular system is not fully developed. In 7-9 months, when the kids begin to get up on their feet and take the first steps, the function of the shock absorber is performed by the "fat pad" located on the sole. In 2-3 years in bones the amount of mineral substances reaches the norm, the ligaments and muscles become firm, the articular surfaces become normal. The formation of bone tissue stops until about 5-6 years of age. Only after this period it is possible to diagnose or eliminate flat feet in the child.
However, in some babies( about 3%) flatfoot can already be detected immediately after birth. It is considered congenital and is a developmental defect of the musculoskeletal system. Most often congenital platypodia is combined with the disease - flat-valgus deformation of the foot.
Symptoms of flatfoot in children
Children 6-7 years old who suffer from flat feet will complain of fast fatigue while standing and walking, swelling and aching pain in the area of the feet, intensifying towards the evening.
External symptoms of flatfoot in children:
- an increase in foot width;
- quickly removes the outsole and the inside of the heel on the shoe;
- changes gait( impaired posture, appears clubfoot).
How to determine flat feet in children at home
You can determine the flat feet of a child with a simple test. It is necessary to smear his feet with oil or cream, put a clean sheet of paper on the floor and ask him to stand on it, evenly distributing the body. If the child has no problems with his legs, the footprint on the sheet of paper will look like in Figure 1; if, however, as in Figure 2, he is likely to have flat feet. It is necessary to visit a doctor-orthopedist, who will conduct a planography and be able to most accurately diagnose.
Factors provoking flat feet in children:
- Heredity .There is a possibility of flat feet in children, if their close relatives suffer from this disease.
- Wrong, low-quality shoes .The development of flat feet is heavily influenced by the shoes that the child wears. It should not have a completely flat sole, be soft and without a instep. Excessive strain on the legs( eg, due to obesity).
- Small motor activity of the child .In the age of high technology, most children prefer to stay at home with their favorite phone or tablet, rather than go out and play on the street. As a result, posture is added to the flat feet and a violation of posture.
- Rickets .The disease develops in children due to a lack of bones in vitamin D and calcium. As a result, the bones become brittle, and since large body loads fall on the feet, the child can experience flat feet.
- Injury to the feet of ( fracture of calcaneus, ankle, tarsus bones).
- Paralysis of the muscles of the foot and lower leg .Paralysis arises from a disease that has been transmitted, which causes platypodia.
Treatment of flat feet in children
Congenital flat feet in children of mild form is treated by applying plaster bandages, which will be fixed in the correct position of the foot. The dressings are applied for 7-10 days, then they are removed and new ones are applied again. Treatment lasts 8-10 weeks. After the baby is assigned courses of physiotherapy, massage and wearing individually manufactured orthopedic shoes. Heavy forms of congenital flat feet are treated only surgically.
Acquired platypodia in children is treated conservatively. Treatment is multicomponent and is designed for a fairly long period. It includes:
Therapeutic physical training .Exercises are aimed at strengthening the musculature of the feet and muscles of the legs. Spend them daily. Also in exercise therapy includes classes on a special massage mat, the surface of which consists of various irregularities. When in contact with the sole, these irregularities help to strengthen the muscles.
Orthopedic footwear .Treatment of flat feet in children will not be effective without wearing the right shoes - suitable in size, with a high rigid back, good fasteners for fixation on the foot made of natural materials, with a small heel( 5-7 mm).Particular attention should be paid not only to the selection of shoes, but also to the insole with the instep. Medical shoes can be purchased in specialized stores or, according to the appointment of an orthopedist, it is made individually.
Massage .Depending on the degree of flat feet, the massage is conducted in courses of 10-15 sessions up to 4 times a year.
Physiotherapy .Pronounced flat feet need to be treated with physiotherapy. The most commonly used electrophoresis is the calcium of the ankles, which helps strengthen the ligaments, and electromyostimulation of the lower leg muscles, which causes the weakened muscles to contract. Assign physiotherapy courses 2 times a year for 10 sessions.
Plane prophylaxis in children
To reduce the risk of flat feet in the child, it is necessary, starting from the earliest age when the baby starts to get on its feet, to carry out the prevention, which is as follows:
- As soon as the baby begins to make the first attempts to stand at the support, it is necessary that he does it in the shoes to prevent the wrong installation of the feet. In this case, shoes should be made of natural materials, have a small heel, a hard back, a pronounced instep, an elastic and corrugated sole, be of size and well fix the ankle and foot.
- A toddler should not wear out someone else's shoes, because it always stalks in different ways and is not always right. Therefore, if a child wears out shoes inherited, he will get all the problems with the feet that are available to the previous owner.
- A good prevention is hardening. Often ill with colds of the baby, not only the immune system suffers, but muscles are weakened, which leads to a decrease in motor activity, and this can provoke the development of flat feet. Effective contrast baths for feet. For them, it is necessary to take two tanks into which the child's legs can be placed in the water up to the knee. In one tank water is poured 40 ◦С, in another - 33 ◦С.The legs of the child alternately for a few seconds should be lowered then into warm, then into cold water. The duration of the procedure is 5-10 minutes. It is performed only when the baby is healthy.
- Reduces the risk of flat feet with warm baths for feet with sea salt or bathing in sea water. Sea salt tones blood vessels and muscles, and water exercises a massage effect.
- The correct formation of the arch of the foot is almost impossible without barefoot walks. In the warm season, the child should often walk barefoot on pebbles, grass, sand and other uneven surfaces. But before, you have to make sure that there is no broken glass, nails or other objects on the way of the baby, about which he can get hurt. Such surfaces can be recreated and at home, for example, on the floor to sprinkle beans, which will perfectly replace pebbles.
- Excellent prevention is to lift your toes from the floor of small objects - pencils, large buttons.
Flattening is a disease that, in the absence of therapy, can cause serious consequences - diseases of the musculoskeletal system, severe deformities of the foot bones. Therefore, neglect treatment and prevention is not worth it!
Child 10 years old. Flat feet 2-3 tbsp. Is it possible to fix something or is it too late?
All children are born with flat feet, and by the year when the baby starts to get up and walk alone, the muscles and ligaments of feet are included in the work. Under the action of working muscles gradually feet become vaulted outlines. By 3-4 years, the child finally formed an arcuate longitudinal arch of the foot, which is visible from the inside, from the base of the first finger to the calcaneus. If this does not happen, you need to consult a doctor. The reasons for the development of flatfoot are somewhat. Basically, this is the underdevelopment and weakness of the muscles and ligaments of the feet, which under the weight load of the body( if it is also excessive) flatten the foot. Tight and uncomfortable shoes( but, maybe, beautiful) - it can also form flat feet with prolonged wearing.
Unfortunately, the insidiousness of flat feet lies in the fact that in children it does not cause pain, and parents have, therefore, vigilance. There is no pain, lameness, deformation - it means all this is nonsense. But it is at an early age that the disease can be treated. And time was lost, flat feet formed, and by 30-40 years there are pain and discomfort not only in the feet and legs, but also in the spine. Assignable treatment, up to the operational, the desired result often does not. To avoid this, you need a lot of patience and perseverance, then this disease can be overcome.
What is the principle of flatfoot treatment? In order for ligaments and muscles to hold the arches of the feet, it is necessary to strengthen them. This is achieved by exercises of physiotherapy exercises and massage. Therapeutic gymnastics with children should be practiced daily for 10-15 minutes and regularly for a long time. Find a good instructor in exercise therapy to show you gymnastics. Massage is performed to strengthen the muscles, relieve pain, improve lymph and blood circulation. To cure platypodia, lessons are necessary for 1-1,5 years. For a month, flatfoot can not be corrected.
If the flat feet are accompanied by pain, painful places should be rubbed with distracting ointments and warmed up with dry heat. So you can alleviate the suffering
The application for the treatment of insoles is limited to special indications. They are useful in severe forms of the disease, and with the lungs and the initial ones, they can do much harm. An important factor is the selection of the right footwear, which should be free with a heel to 1 centimeter and a tight, high back( shoes, shoes).
it's not too late
shoes are needed with a profiling insole, it would have been better to make to order, he would have a foot there
and even a good b on the massage mat to stamp oneself
And you have a boy? Maybe it's not good to say that, but my brother has a flat foot, my friend's son has a flat foot. They were not taken to the army because of this! !But my son has no platypodia. Here will disaccustom in Univer 5 years and what then in the ARMY? ??It's better with flat feet, but at home than without flat feet, but you do not know whether you will return from the army and what?
It's never too late to cure a disease. Find the causative agent that takes calcium from the body and other trace elements with vitamins and remove them. Flatness may not go completely, but at least in the future there will be no osteoporosis.
I can recommend an osteopath in Moscow. At me and that deforming platypodia, after 6 session already there is no pain in stop
the applicator Lyapko and polustelki Bykova will help or assist. You can buy them in the centers of the company Argo.[link is blocked by the decision of the project administration] argo.ru
Made in the USSR
I really enjoyed walking on the pebbles on the river bank. Follow the recommendations that you send, and in the summer every day to the river with a rocky beach. Walking on the rocks is painful and uncomfortable, but what a result. Good luck