Effective curative gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Joint destruction occurs due to depletion of cartilaginous tissue in it and traumatic friction of bones
In the mornings, I do not always want to get up. But if this reluctance is associated with lethargy and stiffness of the joints, if you need some time to feel the confidence in the hands and feet, you need to call the doctor. Coxarthrosis is a scourge of our time, it belongs to the palm tree among diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In most cases, this disease affects people who have crossed the 40-year mark. And in women, this disease develops much more often.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be one-sided and two-sided. And with the bilateral form of the joints are affected not simultaneously, but one after another. The insidiousness of coxarthrosis is that at the initial stage, when the disease can be easily cured, it manifests itself as a minor symptom. In the morning, only stiffness manifests, walking can cause pelvic or knee joints, but it quickly passes. And only then there is a characteristic crunch in the bones. Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can successfully combat this disease.
Symptoms and causes of the development of the disease
The disease develops in 3 stages. At 1 degree of coxarthrosis the articular space narrows, small changes begin in the bones. The mobility and performance of a person during the day is not affected.
As practice shows, most often diagnosed coxarthrosis of the hip joint, spine or knee joint in the 2 stages of the disease. Due to active internal changes, pain intensifies and from episodic to frequent( especially at night).He walks more hard, he begins to spare his aching leg, takes a cane in his hands. In the muscles of the leg, deprived of the usual load, blood supply worsens, dystrophy develops and, as a result, a person has lameness. All this is due to the rapidly progressing lesion of the interarticulate tissue. The cartilaginous tissue is thinned, and the inflammation of the periosteum begins.
The difference between a patient and a healthy hip is the depletion of the cartilaginous "cushion"
. In coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree, the radiograph shows significant bone growth around the head of the large femur and the top of the acetabulum, and the extension of the cervix is also seen. The joint gap is almost absent. The posture and gait of the patient change. The walking stick becomes not an auxiliary, but an obligatory means for movement. The pain does not stop day nor night, only their intensity changes. The fourth degree - the most severe form of coxarthrosis - is characterized by complete immobility of the joints.
It is impossible to say unambiguously what influences the appearance of this disease. There are a number of reasons for the development of the disease. Any of them or a combination of several factors are capable of provoking the appearance of the disease.
Coxarthrosis in childhood can appear as a consequence of congenital degenerative changes in the hip joint. Its development in an adult person is facilitated by excess weight, excessive strain on the joints, injuries received earlier, arthritis, osteoporosis, congenital changes in the head of the femur, heredity.
Treatment and prevention of coxarthrosis
As there is no single reason for the appearance of coxarthrosis, so there is no one true way of treatment. At different stages of the disease, different drugs are prescribed, designed to stop pain and cramps, remove inflammation and help preserve or build up cartilage tissue. But, as a rule, some medicamental measures are not enough.
When treating a disease of any stage is a therapeutic gymnastics. Regular and correct execution of it returns the joints mobility, and the muscles - the ability to function normally. The most effective methods are recognized joint exercises of Dr. Pilyuyko, the technique of exercises Dikul and gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky. By the way, the author of adaptive gymnastics SM Bubnovsky wears a hip joint implant.
Before starting the exercise, you should know that gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is a healing remedy. And he, like anyone else, also has contraindications. Therapeutic gymnastics is designed to develop joints and restore their lost mobility.
When charging, it is important to remember the following rules:
- any physical load is contraindicated in the period of exacerbations;
- all exercises are performed not dynamically, but softly and smoothly;
- no sharp slopes or deep squats;
- if, when performing certain exercises, painful sensations appear, the affected area needs gentle massage with coxarthrosis.
The complex of exercises of any kind of gymnastics should be selected separately for each patient. It is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient: the degree of the disease, general physical development and well-being.
Physiotherapy exercises by the method of Bubnovsky
Patient monitoring allowed to create a complex of therapeutic exercises, which have a beneficial effect on the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the muscles retain their elasticity for a long time. To begin with, you should master the gymnastics course for the beginner. It will help prepare the body for basic exercises and further work.
Adaptive exercises for beginners( performed 20 times each).
- It is necessary to sit on your heels, completely relax and perform breathing exercises. Then, moving his arms around in a circle and breathing in, slowly rises. Exhale to do in the starting position.
- The palms are placed on the stomach and through the tightly compressed lips to emit the sound of "PF" when exhaled.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head, legs bend at your knees. On exhalation tear the body off the floor, and on inhalation return to the starting position.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head and bend your knees. On exhalation maximally raise the pelvis and move the knees.
- Lying on your back, try to close your knees and elbows at one point with exhalation.
- Lie on your right side and rest your right hand on the floor. You need to group, pulling your knees to your chest.
LFK with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, as well as diseases of the knee joints( the first 5 exercises are performed lying on the back).
- Pull out your legs, then slowly bend your foot in the knee, without taking it off the floor. Take the initial position and do the exercise with the other leg.
- Raise the upper part of the body above the floor and lower it after a few seconds.
- Bent legs in the knees alternately pull your hands to the trunk. After holding in this position, return in a few seconds to the starting position.
- Raise the legs alternately above the floor, not bending at the knees, to a height of 20-30 cm.
- Straighten the legs, then lift one of them to a height of 20-30 cm, hold in this position for a few seconds and gently lower it. Do the exercise with the other leg.
- Sit on a chair and lean forward, trying to touch the feet with your hands.
- In the standing position alternately, swing legs. Forward-backward and aside.
- Sitting on the floor, you need to grip the soles with your hands and lean forward.
Gymnastics in the treatment of intervertebral hernia
- In the position on all fours you need to relax the muscles, take a deep breath and slowly bend your back. After that, slowly make an exhalation, simultaneously bending the back( 20 times).
- Lie on your back, straightening your arms along the body. Deeply inhale, after which, slowly exhaling and leaning on the feet and shoulders, as high as possible to lift the pelvis above the floor. Exhale simultaneously with lowering the pelvis( 20 times).
- Lying on his back, lay his hands behind his head, his elbows pointing upwards. Bend your knees and press your chin to your chest. From this position, you need to try to get your elbows on your knees. At occurrence of easy weariness the exercise should be stopped.
- Stand on all fours and, without bending your elbows, bend forward as much as possible, then return to its original position( 20-25 times).
The developed techniques are suitable for almost all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Separately designed gymnastics for pregnant women. With properly selected exercises, exercise and mastering the rules of breathing, which everyone can do, you can achieve excellent results.
Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( coxarthrosis)
Coxarthrosis, or arthrosis of the hip joints is a serious disease, it will not be possible to cope with it only with the help of medications. In order to keep this disease under control, it is necessary to regularly engage in special therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).
Quick navigation for article:
Who can and who should not be engaged in exercise therapy
Useful advices before you start to practice
List of exercises
Video of therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Tips on how to correctly and how to do exercises incorrectly
Who can,and who should not be engaged in exercise therapy
You can perform exercises from various complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) if:
- is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestation is minimals;
To perform such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
- disease is in an aggravation stage;
- , you recently suffered some heavy surgery;
- you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;
- you have a fever( above 37.5);
- in the presence of a hernia;
- during menstruation;
- for severe cardiac and pulmonary disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful advice before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education.
exercises with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and muscles of the legs receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Ready? Then go to the exercises!
List of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Exercise number 1-a
For its implementation, you need to lie down on the floor with your stomach down, hands should be stretched along the trunk. This is how the initial position looks. Now slowly, very smoothly lift your left leg, not bending it in the knee, to a height of 15 cm from the floor, and harden in this position for thirty to forty seconds. At the end of this time, just as slowly as at the beginning of the exercise, lower your foot to the floor. Give yourself a few seconds of rest, and then repeat the same exercise, but with the right foot.
Ensure that the leg is raised only by the gluteal and thigh muscles. The pelvis should fit snugly to the floor. This exercise should be performed 1 time( for each leg)
The same exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Similarly, very slowly lift, without bending in the knee, the left leg to the same height, and then hover at the highest point for one or two seconds, and then just lower it slowly.
After this, take a short break in one or two seconds, completely relax your leg muscles, and then repeat this exercise. In total it is necessary to make 10-12 such slow, accurate movements, and then repeat the exercise already with the right foot.
Please note that both legs should receive the same muscular load: they must rise to the same height and hold the same amount of time.
The starting position - lying on the floor on the abdomen, arms stretched along the body down. Bend the left leg in the knee at an angle of 90 degrees;the right leg is straightened and lies on the floor.
After this, very slowly lift the bent leg from the floor to a height of 10-15 centimeters and hold it on the weight for the same 30-40 seconds. Then, too, very slowly and smoothly lower the leg, straighten it in the knee and completely relax the muscles of the legs. After a very short rest and complete relaxation of the muscles, repeat this exercise for the right leg.
Take a very short break, and then perform this therapeutic exercise, not in a static, but in a dynamic form. To do this, bend the left leg in the knee and then lift it 10 cm above the floor, and at the top point, stop for 1-2 seconds, then just slowly and slowly lower your leg and straighten it in the knee.
This movement needs to be repeated ten to twelve times, then move to the right leg and make it the same uplifts. Do not forget between each movement to do a 1-2-second break with complete relaxation of the muscles of the legs.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is usually possible only for physically well-trained patients. If you feel that it is too hard for you, you are more than 40 years old and you tend to increase blood pressure, then do not heroic - skip the exercise and go on to the next.
The starting position is on the floor lying on the abdomen, arms stretched along the trunk.
Without bending the legs in the knees, slowly raise both feet at a height of 10-15 cm above the floor, and then slowly spread the legs apart, and then bring them back again. Without lowering your legs to the floor, repeat this cycle from the dilutions and information of the legs 8-10 times, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor and completely relax your muscles.
This exercise is also performed lying on the floor, but the starting position changes. Lay down on the left side and bend the left leg in the knee. The right leg, which is on top, should be straightened.
It is necessary to raise the right leg, and, without bending it in the knee, raise it upwards, making sure that the angle between the horizontal plane( floor) and the foot is 45 degrees. Gradually raise your foot to this level, fix it for thirty seconds, then slowly and accurately lower your leg and completely relax your leg muscles.
Take a very short break, turn over to the other side and perform a similar exercise with your left foot.
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise.
From this position, lift your right foot very smoothly to an angle of 30 to 40 degrees, without bending your leg in the knee. After this, slowly unfold the foot and the leg as a whole outward. Then unfold both the leg and the foot inside. To perform the exercise, you need to do 10-15 cycles of such rotations inward and outward, after which you lower your leg and completely relax your muscles.
After a short break, turn over to the other side and repeat the exercise with the left foot. Make sure that during the movement, the rotation occurs "from the hip", not just the foot.
The starting position changes again: lie on the floor on your back, then bend your knees and spread them so that the sweep approximates the width of your shoulders. After that, you need to do the following: leaning on the shoulders, try to slowly raise the pelvis as high as you can, and fix it at this level for 30 - 40 seconds.
Then slowly, slowly go back to the starting position and completely relax the muscles of the legs.
After a short break, you need to do the same exercise, but in a dynamic manner. To do this, take the original position and lift the pelvis in the same way, but hang up at the top for 1-2 seconds, and then lower it down, but not until the end, but about 15 cm.
After that, again try to raise the pelvis as high as possible,point, and so on, until 12 to 15 such movements are done. Then, just as smoothly lower the pelvis on the floor and completely relax the muscles.
The starting position is new: sitting on the floor, legs are straightened. Lean forward so that the knees remain straightened, and try to wrap your hands around your feet and toes.
Then pull your body forward, as far as it turns out, and try to freeze in this position for two or three minutes, while relaxing your muscles as much as possible.
What if your ligament condition or natural flexibility does not allow you to reach your feet and fix it at the right time in this way? To do this, you need to use improvised materials: make, for example, a loop from the belt and put it on your feet so that one edge of the strap rests against them, and the other is in your hands. With the help of such a device, pulling the trunk forward will be much easier.
The main goal of this exercise is to be able to stretch the ligaments and muscles of the hip for a long time, several months, in such a way that the angle of the torso to the legs increases approximately by two times.
This exercise should be performed only once a day. Make sure that when performing it, your head does not fall: it should be like a continuation of the trunk.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly and smoothly lift the left leg, unbending it in the knee. After that continue to raise it, using the already hip joint. Raise your foot to the level you can, and then fix it at this level for 30 - 60 seconds.
Then smoothly and slowly lower the leg first in the thigh, and then in the knee, after which completely relax the muscles. After a short break, repeat this movement with your right foot.
Note: this exercise can only be done for patients with the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint. At the second, and the more so the third degree you risk damaging the joint!
The starting position for the exercise is as follows: sit on the floor, leaning back against the wall, the back should be straight. Legs should be straightened and maximally moved apart.
To perform the exercise, start bending the aching leg in the knee joint, trying not to bring it close to the healthy leg, until you place the foot of the sick leg on the floor. Then very gently begin to press both hands on the knee of the sick leg, very soft and smooth, wiggling movements, try to tilt your leg inside, to maximum tension, but not pain!
This exercise can also be performed only in the initial stage of coxarthrosis!
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Legs are straightened and maximally divorced. Carefully and slowly bend the aching leg in the knee joint, then grab her foot with your hands and begin to pull it very slowly towards yourself - until you feel maximum tension, but not pain!
When you reach the maximum approach, lock in this position and stay in it for one to two minutes, while trying to relax as much as possible. After this, very slowly return to the starting position and relax the muscles of the legs.
If the flexibility of your ligaments and muscles at the moment does not allow you to reach out to the foot of a sore leg, use a towel or strap as an accessory for the same purpose.
It is necessary to perform once a day.
This is the last exercise, and after completing the complex of therapeutic exercises it is very important to self-massage the thigh. This self-massage must be done sitting, and massage only the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh, but not the back.
Place the palms on the thigh just above the knee, press them firmly against the foot and begin to perform vigorous rubbing of the leg, as you slowly move up from the bottom. This massage should be done for about three minutes until a feeling of stable heat, but making sure that it does not go into pain or burning sensations.
After that, for 1 minute, complete the final part of the massage, conducting a gentle and smooth stroking of the hip skin from the bottom up. In order to maintain heat after such a massage, it is useful to use warming ointments, creams and gels - for example, Espoo ointment, special massage cream "Ballet" or, for example, "Nikofleks" ointment.
In this video, you can see a series of useful exercises of another medical complex:
And in conclusion - a few more tips:
1. Pay close attention to exercises that give excessive strain on the muscles of the thighs and hands: this is not useful for joints, andmost likely from such exercise it is necessary to refuse. In addition, when performing exercises, you should not experience severe, severe pain. If this happens, it means that this exercise is also not suitable for you.
2. It is important that during breaks between exercises, even if they last only a few seconds, you have time to completely relax the muscles of the body. It is best to just lie down for this.
3. Try to finish each cycle of exercises at least small, within 3-5 minutes, by foot massage. It is useful in this case to use various heating gels and ointments. We already wrote about some of them: this is the gel of Horsepower( Horse Force), Zoo-VIP-gel, as well as Valentin Dikul's balm for joints.
Is it possible to perform physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The disease provokes destruction of cartilage and subsequent damage to bones
Coxarthrosis is a fairly common disease of the hip joint. This disease, as a rule, people are exposed, since the age of 40 years. Women often suffer from such an ailment.
As a rule, the hip joint is first affected only on one side. But later the second one can join him. The hip joint is the largest in the body, it has the main burden of the entire mass of a person.
Bones connect plastic smooth cartilage, which performs an amortization role and protects bone from destruction. In the case of coxarthrosis, cartilage tissues become dry, rough. The cartilage loses its functions, and the bone beneath it, under the influence of a person's weight, begins to grow to the sides, which leads to deformation of the entire hip joint. This makes it difficult to move, gives pain, and in time can generally block the mobility of the joint.
Causes and main symptoms of
The main cause of development of coxarthrosis is genetic predisposition. If someone in the family is sick or has arthrosis of the hip joint, it is more likely that children and grandchildren will also suffer from this ailment. Factors such as overweight, hip joint injuries can eventually lead to coxarthrosis or aggravate it.
Feeling of stiffness in the groin or buttocks area, unpleasant sensations and discomfort in this area, especially in the morning, are the first signs of development of coxarthrosis. These symptoms can increase during exercise and subside during rest.
If the time is not taken to eliminate pathology, the disease can become chronic, rest will no longer bring relief. In the joint begins the inflammatory process, which causes not only discomfort, but painful sensations. The bone begins to deform and grow in different directions.
As a result, the cartilage is completely erased, and the bones begin to rub together. This pathology brings quite painful sensations. To avoid this, many patients begin to reduce the burden on the aching leg, the muscles atrophy, and all this leads to lameness.
Diagnosis and treatment of coxarthrosis
First of all it is necessary to consult a specialist and undergo a primary examination. The doctor will bend, unbend the joint, ask to stand on one leg in turn, then to confirm the diagnosis, he will direct to the radiography of both hip joints. Only after a complete examination, the necessary treatment will be prescribed.
Fully cured coxarthrosis is not possible. But there are many ways to facilitate and improve the patient's condition.
In case of severe disease, treatment is possible in an operative way. By surgical intervention instead of the "worn out" joint put a prosthesis, which replaces it. This operation allows to increase motor activity, eliminates pain.
In the initial stage of coxarthrosis, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- to reduce the burden on the affected joint;
- use anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed by a doctor;
- to comply with sleep, enough to rest;
- get rid of excess weight;
- perform a special set of exercises aimed at a moderate increase in the load and movements for the joint, stimulating its normal functioning.
In this disease, various exercise programs are used:
- gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint or exercise therapy( exercise therapy);
- yoga therapy - yoga, designed specifically for the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint;
- treatment according to the Bubnovsky system is a complex of measures developed by Dr. Bubnovsky for patients with coxarthrosis.
Let's consider all offered variants, their specificity that everyone could choose the individual program of employment and suitable treatment. In order to find out for sure if any complex is appropriate in your particular case, you should seek help from a doctor. At some stages of the disease, you can not just waste time, but also aggravate the course of the disease.
LFK and yoga as part of therapyIf the doctor considers it appropriate to do gymnastics, you must choose a set of exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint. The purpose of the exercises is to develop the joint, make it function, and not complicate the already unpleasant situation. It is important to remember that performing exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint should be slow and cautious.
Muscle massage should be performed before and after exercise. A good assistant in the fight against coxarthrosis are water procedures, swimming. The bath with warm water will soothe the pain. Lying in the pool, you can do simple exercises.
Exercises that cause severe pain should not be performed in any way. Charging is aimed at relieving pain, not causing it. With regular performance of gymnastics, coxarthrosis of the hip joint is much easier to bear.
There are contraindications to gymnastics if the patient has the following symptoms:
- pain syndrome with a large accumulation of fluid in the joint;
- cardiovascular failure;
- pneumonia( pneumonia);
- cases of pleurisy;
- any heart disease.
After consultation with a physiotherapist, the patient will be selected a set of suitable for his stage of the disease exercises. Often classes are conducted during inpatient treatment in a group where patients with the same degree of disease participate. You need to work under the supervision of a specialist. At home, exercise can also be done, but with the permission of the doctor, while being only for a check-up.
Yoga exercises can alleviate the condition of a patient with coxarthrosis. Yoga is quite popular in the modern world. Some patients even in adulthood are engaged in yoga to promote health and prolong the youth of the body. Those who are already familiar with this system, you can contact the instructor to recommend a special set of asanas for solving problems with the hip joint.
Yoga treatment is especially good in that it does not require sharp movements, with pressure. All exercises are performed smoothly, gradually. Yoga exercises increase the mobility of the joints, improve the flow of blood to the sore spot and the circulation of lymph. Due to the specific nature of the respiratory component, yoga exercises saturate the body with oxygen, make every body breathe.
Treatment of coxarthrosis according to the Bubnovsky system
A special place in the system of treatment of coxarthrosis is the program developed by Dr. Bubnovsky. All his work is aimed at finding ways to eliminate pain, improve the body without taking medication. He invented and tested a system of physical fitness exercises. In addition to the complex of exercises, Bubnovsky developed special simulators, classes on which can alleviate the pain syndrome. Classes using the Bubnovsky method help restore the musculoskeletal system and balance the body.
Complexes of exercises developed by the doctor not only for the elderly who lost their health. In his arsenal there are methods of treating children, pregnant women, women of mature age and even athletes. After all, many sports, for example, rhythmic gymnastics, lead to serious joint diseases at an early age.
When choosing for yourself a suitable program of classes, do not forget that the exercises should not only help in the fight against a specific problem, but also not harm the rest of the bodies. Often, neglecting this rule, the patient finds himself in the well-known situation "one cure - the other is crippled".The key to successful treatment is the timely access for help to specialists. Take care of your health, take preventive measures and be healthy!
Many leading experts with a world-wide name believe that exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint are an event without which it is impossible to defeat the disease. It is a complement to medical and other treatments, tested for centuries of use, does not require tangible financial costs and special adaptations.
It is very convenient to perform exercises, having previewed them by video. So you quickly understand the very essence of therapeutic physical education, you can avoid common mistakes, pick up the right tempo.
What is the benefit of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) with Coxarthrosis
? When practicing exercise therapy, you strengthen the periarticular muscles that protect the joint from various injuries and injuries. Since it is unavoidable after the performed exercise in your joint, blood circulation will improve, your cartilage will be times better equipped with nutrients and oxygen, which will accelerate the regeneration processes in it.
With the improvement of blood circulation, metabolic processes will be accelerated, extra liquid and toxic substances will be evacuated more actively. Activation of these processes will lead to a decrease in body weight, which is very useful when it is excess. Moreover, you simultaneously strengthen the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk of tumors, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart attack, cerebral hemorrhage.
Physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint: contra-indications
For beginning the practice of physiotherapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of serious contraindications. Let us list them:
- uterine bleeding, menstruation;
- increase in body temperature above 37.1 g. Celsius;
- serious heart pathology;
- arterial hypertension, especially periods of sudden or significant increase in blood pressure;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- period of early postoperative rehabilitation, including postoperative period after endoprosthetics;
- significant exacerbation of many chronic diseases.
Curative gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint: features of performing exercises
Features of performing gymnastics
Coxarthrosis is a special disease that requires special attention from you when doing gymnastics. Here are the most basic of its features:
- to exercise therapy only after hip massage, which should be repeated after the end of the procedure;
- if the pain in the joint is too strong during the execution of a certain exercise, then it does not suit you;
- movements must be smooth, soft, blurred. Avoid fussiness and haste;
- if the muscle pain has acquired intensity, then perform the complex in a bath with warm water. If possible, do gymnastics in the pool, under the supervision of an experienced instructor;
- there should be a short break between exercises, pause. So you will help your muscle fibers to "assimilate" fiz.load;
- deep amplitude in the gym at Coxarthrosis harms your already aching joints. Do not perform zealous turns in the pelvic area, squats before exhaustion, strictly limit the axial load on the hip joint.
Useful tips before starting treatment with the exercises
After selecting the necessary set of exercises, be sure to read some tips that will help you not to harm your own body.
- Tip # 1
Before starting any type of exercise, consult an expert. Even if the complex was selected correctly, but performed with the wrong intensity or excessive load, you can get the opposite effect.
- Tip # 2
It is necessary to load the periarticular muscles and ligaments as much as possible, but not the joint itself, because you will accelerate the destruction of the hyaline layer inside the joint structure.
- Tip # 3
Begin your studies during the remission period. During exacerbations, when all the symptoms of the disease are pronounced, it should be delayed with exercise therapy.
- Tip # 4
Practice daily, regularly, for a long period of time. Do not take long breaks. Stock up with willpower, because such constancy is given quite difficult in our dynamic time.
- Tip # 5
Begin with simple exercises, gradually complicating your studies.
A set of exercises for Coxarthrosis performed by laying
Performing exercises lying on the back
For exercise LFK in the original lying position you will need a hard mat or gym mat that is easy to buy at any sports goods store.
Exercises lying on the stomach
Extend straight legs raise as much as 15 ° and freeze for a few seconds, then slowly lowered. If the condition allows, then the weight of the legs can be diluted one-sidedly, and then back to reduce. Hands are parallel to the body. Perform 7-10 times.
- Ex. No. 2
Alternately bend and unbend legs in the knee joint at an angle of 90 °.The arms are parallel to the body. Repeat up to 10 times.
Lying on your stomach, try to make everyone know the "bike".This simple exercise perfectly trains the muscles of the thigh, which is very useful for this articular pathology.
Exercises lying on the back
- Exercise, lying on the back.№1
The hands lie in an arbitrary position, the lower limbs are straightened and relaxed. Begin slowly to strain the muscles of the thigh, pressing the legs to each other. Then slowly relax them. Rest for a few seconds and repeat the action no more than 6 times.
- Ex. Lie down on a healthy side. Raise the aching leg to the maximum possible position. Then return the limb to its original position.
Put your hands on your hips, tear your straightened feet off the floor and put them on the floor again. Repeat the action several times.
- Ex. No. 4
Bend the lower limbs in the knee joints and slightly dilute them. Leaning on legs, but, without tearing off the shoulder girdle from the floor, raise the pelvis. You can lift it to a height where you do not feel pain. Try to stay in this position for as long as possible. Return to the starting position.
exercise performed by standing
- stand on the edge of a low stand, holding one hand against a wall or support. Lower one leg so that it does not interfere with free flies. Do not overdo the range of movements, limb lift to a position when you begin to feel pain. Repeat with the other limb. Perform no more than 15 flops;
- spread your hands to the side, slowly raise your toes, stay in such position, how much will sustain the body, then slowly descend and stand on the whole foot. If it is difficult to perform this exercise without support, then stick to the back of the chair.
Complex exercises with a chair
An ordinary strong sturdy stool with a back can be turned into a full gymnastic projectile. With his help, you can do a lot of exercises that help to ease the condition with Coxarthrosis.
- Ex. Sitting on a chair, bend over and try to reach for the socks. Hold in the lowest possible position, then slowly rise and lean against the back of the chair. A little rest, repeat the process, but no more than 10 times.
Put your hands on the hip area, tear off the head and shoulders from the floor, then lie down again on the floor.
- Ex.# 3
Standing, lean against the back of the chair and do squats, bending your knees 90 °.Repeat up to 7 times, depending on subjective sensations.
Coxarthrosis: treatment, therapeutic exercises, exercise complex, diet and drugs
self-massage One of the ailments that can affect a person of any age group is coxarthrosis: treatment of the disease in the early stages will be guaranteed successful. This is the ailment of the presence of dystrophic processes in the hip joint. Any orthopedist and surgeon is well aware of what coxarthrosis is and how to treat it. Therefore, it is necessary to contact these doctors for help.
The main symptom of coxarthrosis is pain. Unpleasant sensations can spread not only on the thigh area, but also on the knee, the attachment points of the tendons, and the inguinal zone.
Drug treatment for coxarthrosis
Hip joint therapy has been established to take measures aimed at reducing pain syndrome, inflammation, and preventing the development of a degenerative process in the cartilage. Timely medical treatment of coxarthrosis guarantees the recovery of . Medication can be prescribed to a patient both in the form of tablets, capsules, ointments, and in the form of intraarticular and intramuscular injections, blockades.
After consulting a doctor, the patient actively begins to exercise with the diagnosis of coxarthrosis treatment: drugs are usually prescribed taking into account various factors. Medical therapy provides for the use of:
- anti-inflammatory drugs( movalis, diclofenac) - allowing to remove not only inflammation, but also swelling;
- vasodilator drugs( tsinarezin, trental) - improving the blood supply around the patient joint. Thanks to this, the body will recover much faster;
- medications, relaxing muscles - muscle relaxants( sirdalud, midocalm);
- drugs, restoring the structure of cartilage - mainly used such chondroprotectors in coxarthrosis, as arteparone, glucosamine, rumalon, structum;
- of steroid hormones( hydrocortisone, Kenalog, motelpred), in the form of injections.
Nutrition with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The appointment of a diet with coxarthrosis is an important step towards recovery. The nutrition adjustment can provide the damaged body with the necessary elements for its "construction".The vital activity of the hip joint is maintained by a special fluid produced in it. The amount of this lubricant affects the damping of the joint, and the quality - on saturation with nutrients.
Nutrition with coxarthrosis of the hip joint requires restrictions in the use of salt, a large number of which leads to edema. It is also necessary to limit the reception of sweet dishes, to replace glucose with fructose. Provides a diet for coxarthrosis of hip joint use of cottage cheese, hard cheese and fermented milk products. Preference is given to cereals and bread from grain, bran or rye.
Drug treatment for coxarthrosis must necessarily take place in parallel with dietotherapy. This is necessary because a complete set of nutrients can trigger the mechanism of self-repair of cartilage.
LFK and gymnastics with coxarthrosis
In complex hip joint therapy, exercise and gymnastics play a big role. With their help it is possible to render "useful" loading on the amazed joint and to restore in full the motor function of the organ.
In view of the fact that in some cases, any loads are contraindicated, therapeutic gymnastics can be prescribed for coxarthrosethesis of the joint only by the doctor.
Exercises in the initial stages of coxarthrosis
After the patient has received instructions on how to treat coxarthrosis, he starts parallel with the therapy to perform a set of physical exercises. Each movement should be repeated at least 3-5 times, gradually bringing up to 10 repetitions. Each posture is fixed for a couple of seconds. During exercise, you need to breathe freely, and relax during breaks. Mild tenderness of the joint is permissible.
If the cartilage lesions are insignificant, the following exercises are recommended for prikoksartroze of the hip joint:
- lying on the back - bend the knee in the knee, and then pull it out;grasp the leg under the knee with both hands and pull as close to the stomach as possible, the second leg should be stretched out;
- bend the leg being worked with the opposite hand and hold it in this position;bend both legs in the knees, tightly pressing the soles to the floor and lift the pelvis;
- lying on the abdomen - bend a sore leg in the knee joint at a right angle and lift up;stretch your legs evenly;
- lying on its side, place an emphasis on the palm and elbow of the opposite hand, extend the leg and lift it upwards so that the sole is 90 ° to the shins;
- sitting on a chair - connect the feet and knees, and then unfold the heels to the maximum distance from each other;also sitting on a chair you can pinch a ball between the knees or a small pillow and squeeze.
With the diagnosis of coxarthrosis 1 degree of treatment with the help of exercises can be conducted in the gym. The execution of the set of exercises is allowed as an independent , and under the guidance of the instructor . It is necessary to visit such trainings regularly even after the last signs of illness disappear. How is LCA performed with coxarthrosis of the hip joint to look at the video.
Exercises for the severe form of coxarthrosis
In those cases where there was a severe lesion of the hip joint tissues, the most justified will be a sparing set of exercises. At 3 degrees, effective treatment of coxarthrosis without surgery is possible if you perform exercises according to the method of VD.Gitta. This complex can be used not only by seriously ill people, but also by those patients who are being treated with grade 2 coxarthrosis.
Physical exercises by the method of V.D.Gitta:
- 1 Exercise: lying on your stomach, stretch your arms along the body, first putting a small pillow under your feet. Then, rolling on the belly, gently rock from side to side with hips with an amplitude of 2-3 cm. Such rotational movements should be performed before meals 3 times a day. Weak patients are recommended an interval of 3-5 minutes, more active patients - 10 minutes;
- 2 Exercise: lying on your back, stretching and slightly spreading your legs, alternately turn them out and inwards, with an amplitude of movements not more than 0.5-1 cm. For a better effect under the knees, you need to put a roller;
- 3 Exercise: sitting, tightly pressing the feet to the floor, and placing his feet on the width of the shoulders, easily and without tension, reduce and dilute the knees. The amplitude of the movements is minimal - 0.5-1 cm. The total time of the movement, which must be distributed for the whole day - from 3 to 6 hours;
- 4 exercise is for the weakest patients: it is necessary to make a loop over the bed and in the prone position to stick a leg in it to the middle of the calf. Relax the limb and shake it around or bend and unbend it at the knee. All perform with minimum amplitude;
- 5 exercise: become a healthy foot on the dais and shake the patient with a foot, left-right and back-to-back, adhering to the support. It takes 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day.
Not many know which doctor treats coxarthrosis with the help of exercises . This role is assigned to the manual therapist, who is V.D.Gitt. It is important that during the exercise the patient does not feel a strong pain, otherwise the activity should be stopped. It is possible to adhere to this medical complex independently. To do this, just watch the video of how the lessons are done.
Massage with coxarthrosis
In case of hip cartilage damage, not only classical, but also vibrating massage performed by a manual or electronic massager is effective. Treatment of coxarthrosis joints with vibrations is quite effective, but it can only be carried out after carrying out a manual kneading of the body. If the diagnosis of coxarthrosis of the third degree is established, treatment with a massage in combination with the massage will not yield any result.
Massage with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is performed 3 times a day. The duration of the session is 10 minutes. Before performing the procedure, the doctor must evaluate the patient's condition and adjust the manual therapy.
Technique of therapeutic massage
Experienced manual therapists are well aware of how to cure coxarthrosis with the help of massage. For this, the patient is laid. Shallow and easily massage nearby painless areas. Then begins stroking and kneading the back and lower part of it. Then the massage of the lumbar region begins immediately. The waist is stretched along the spine and the sacro-gluteal region is massaged.
After the massage of the thigh and the area of the affected joint is performed. This procedure can be started only if the previous procedures are followed, if the patient has weak pain. Massage is done very carefully, with minimal effort, slowly and gently. From the procedure to the procedure, the intensity of the exposure is increased. See how the massage is performed on video.
Depending on the intensity with which coxarthrosis manifests itself, the treatment is carried out with an emphasis on suppressing the main manifestations of the disease. So, self-massage will help the patient to reduce the level of pain syndrome and a feeling of stiffness in the joint, increase blood circulation and nutrition of the body. It is much easier to defeat coxarthrosis and its treatment is directed to an effective channel when performing a massage.
For self-knitting of the thigh, the same techniques are used as in the usual manual massage:
Self-massage can only help in the 1st and 2nd stages of coxarthrosis. Treatment of coxarthrosis of the third degree provides for exclusively surgical intervention, since at this stage the cartilage is almost completely absent. The duration of self-massage is 10 minutes. You can perform the procedure schematically: three weeks a day or every other day to carry out the procedure, then make a three-week break. To make self-massage it is possible, relying on a video instruction.
Exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint
In addition to drug therapy, the use of gymnastics in coxarthrosis, which is part of conservative complex treatment, is considered effective. Exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint prevent the fusion of the damaged joint and contribute to the preservation of its mobility.
In the performance of gymnastic actions, the damaged joint takes a direct part and should be extremely careful not to cause harm and do not worsen the condition of the joint. That is why a specific set of exercises has been developed, which is aimed at eliminating the disease and is safe for the joint.
How correctly to perform therapeutic gymnastics?
The main rule is smoothness of movements. There should be no hurry and sharpness. Energetic efforts are also useless. The main task is the development of the joint, so gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is not dynamic, but static. Experts recommend completing exercises by the procedure of muscle massaging in the hip area, as well as massaging during gymnastics, with pain and discomfort.
It is necessary to exclude such actions as: squats, lunges, movements with a large amplitude and so on. In general, with coxarthrosis, any significant workloads that can provoke complications are contraindicated. A mandatory condition is the absence of an axial load on the hip joint.
Water procedures are well recommended for this ailment. If the state of health allows, then swimming will be very effective. If there is no possibility to visit the pool, the river or any pond, you can take warm baths and perform smooth movements while lying in the water. Such measures perfectly eliminate pain and ease.
Exercises for coxarthrosis
Despite the fact that a large load is forbidden in this pathology, gymnastics still provides for a minor effect on the affected joint. Exercise exercises are designed not only to remove the edema, but also to normalize the trophism of the damaged joint. In the process of gymnastic actions, the joint fluid is washed with all the cartilaginous tissues and this helps to eliminate severe pain and early recovery of the affected joint.
LFK assigned to the patient only after the main diagnostic measures. Based on the results of the study, a specialist selects a suitable set of actions that will be effective in treating pathology and will not harm the joint. Do not self-select exercises for yourself, without consulting with your doctor. This often leads to serious complications, to eliminate which is an extremely difficult task.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Strictly follow all the recommendations of the specialist and do not depart from the prescriptions.
- The performance of gymnastics must fully comply with the technique.
- If you have painful symptoms, you must stop exercising and consult a doctor.
- Before starting the exercises, do not take analgesics and NSAIDs. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medications dull the sensation and the joint may suffer during gymnastics. In this case, the patient will not be able to assess the effect of the procedure on his organism, since the pain syndrome will not be noticeable.
- It is compulsory to perform a massage, shown for the removal of edema and normalization of blood flow and lymph flow. Massaging the affected area will improve the processes of feeding nutrients to damaged tissues.
In most cases, with coxarthrosis appoint gentle gymnastic measures, which are described below.
In the supine position :
- Feet to stretch along the body, hands at the seams. At the inspiration, gradually raise your arms and lower them with an exhalation. At a slow pace, repeat 6-8 times.
- Being in the same position, on the inhalation bend your arms in the elbows, and on the exhalation unbend.
- Lying on the back to raise and lower the legs, then bend and unbend them at the knees( without lifting the feet from the floor).Perform also combining with the respiratory rhythm.
- Without changing the starting position, plant and reduce legs together. Important: do not remove heels from the surface.
- Exercise "Bicycle".Keep your hands at the waist. The pace should be calm and smooth. Time to perform - 15 sec.
In the supine position :
- Hands on the hip zone. Raise your head with your shoulders and hold at least 3-4 seconds. Repeat up to 6 times, taking a break 2 seconds.
- Raise the straight legs and fix the body in this position for a few seconds. Take a break and repeat again.
- Hands to pull forward, raise the shoulder girdle and move as if swimming with a breaststroke.
Most of the above actions can be performed in the position lying on the side and standing. Be sure to monitor proper breathing, avoid overwork and take breaks between approaches.
There is still a lot of useful and effective gymnastic exercises, but they can be applied only after consultation with the attending physician!