What to do if after a massage the back hurts
Back massage today is a fairly common and in-demand service that is provided by various beauty salons and medical centers. The reason for this popularity of the procedure is that most people think: massage will help them solve problems with their backs or at least relax after a grueling workout or working day. Indeed, if properly implemented, such a set of measures has a positive effect.
Types of massage of the back and its separate areas are different: some help to relax and relieve tension, others have a curative or tonic effect. But very often patients and clients of the salons complain of pain after such procedures. What causes pain in the lower back and other parts of the back?
Causes of back and lumbar pain
Everyone knows how unpleasant the pain in the back, tension and constant discomfort can be. Such symptoms often appear, for example, if the loin area is open and undercooled. Also, problems with the back arise as a result of physical stress, trauma and after stress. If you are concerned about back pain, the solution should not be postponed until later. The sooner the treatment is started, the sooner the full recovery will come.
The back for a person is a support that takes on a big load every day. At the same time, it acts as a certain lever of influence on internal organs and systems. Therefore, with the first, even minor pains, they should be given due attention.
The cause of pain after the procedure may be an injured or inflamed vertebra.
Sensations of pulling and aching pain in the lower back appear quite often. They can go by themselves, if a person has been in an uncomfortable position for a long time and finally changed it. But if the pain in the lower back worries regularly, it can be a signal about the presence of any disease. Consider the main causes that cause pain in the lower back. Injuries of the vertebral column. Causes drawing pains, accompanied by irradiation in the limbs. The first time of special discomfort is not felt, but over time, the painful sensations become permanent. Deformity or lesion of the vertebra. There is a disruption in the internal organs, which causes pain and other unpleasant symptoms.
The effectiveness of the massage to relieve the pain
During work or after physical exertion the neck often hurts and pulls the lower back. The use of massage in this case is undeniable, unless, of course, it is not contraindicated. Massage the neck, waist and back allows you to quickly get rid of the ailments in the early stages, relax and regain strength.
The neck feels a lot of daily stress, so at the end of the day a person often feels uncomfortable. Over time, negative manifestations can become serious. Massaging the collar zone and the back of the neck, you can get rid of existing tumors and salt deposits, rejuvenate the skin, eliminate pain, relax the muscles. If the neck hurts, patients often complain of poor sleep and permanent migraines.
Massage for the collar zone and back are used for the following purposes:
- normalization of muscular balance, nervous system and metabolic processes;
- restoration of normal operation of joints, tendons and ligaments;
- improving the functioning of the circulatory and lymphatic systems;
- skin regeneration;
- pain relief in the back and general recovery of the body.
All people periodically encounter pain in the back, collar area and lower back as a result of being in an uncomfortable position, sitting position, etc. All this provokes the appearance of discomfort, regular pains and diseases. To get rid of discomfort, people often go to special institutions and resort to the services of masseurs.
The most common causes of back pain after massage are incorrectly selected type of procedure or inexperience of a specialist. The same manifestations are possible if there are exacerbations of ailments or there are diseases in which the massage is contraindicated.
Did you go to a doctor or a cosmetologist for a procedure and felt that after a massage your back hurts? Do not worry, try first to understand the causes of pain.
Back massage is one of the most pleasant and demanded procedures. Thanks to a good massage you can relax, recharge, eliminate tension and pain in muscles, strengthen and improve the whole body. Correctly done massage is of great use to the body, some people need it. To get good results, you need 8-12 sessions.
Benefits of back massage:
- normalizes the nervous system, improves metabolism and muscle structure;
- improves circulation of blood and lymphatic system;
- resumed damaged tissues, tendons and ligaments;
- increases skin regeneration;
- the work of the whole human body is getting better.
But there are cases when, as it seems to us, after the massage the back hurts. What could be the reason for this condition? Can massage do harm?
It all depends on the time of onset and the nature of the pain syndrome. The fact is that not every person is suitable for this or that kind of massage.
It is not uncommon for a person with a sick spine to succumb to advertising and do the procedure in the massage chair of a shopping center without consulting a specialist beforehand, or purchase a massage simulator for home use. If the pain in the spine has occurred immediately or after 2-3 hours after the massage, you should immediately consult a doctor. If after the massage the back muscles are hurt, then you need to understand what caused this condition.
Causes of muscle pain in the back after massage
The main reasons are:
- Wrong choice of the procedure for back massage, because for each individual case there should be a kind of massage. For example, if you need a relaxing look, and you came to a point stimulating procedure, then there is very little chance that after it you will relax and get the desired effect.
- The procedure was performed during the exacerbation phase, and the massage further excited the affected tissue. Do not massage the back portions where the nerve endings are inflamed. This will only aggravate the condition.
- The massage procedure is contraindicated for you. Especially if you have chronic diseases, you need a specialist consultation that will give the right recommendations. Usually, if it was forbidden to perform the procedure, back pain comes in a few hours.
- Unprofessional masseur. We can not always determine who is before us: a qualified specialist or an inexperienced amateur. As a rule, pain with an incorrect massage begins after 1-2 hours.
- Back pain after the first and second procedures. If the loin hurts, the muscles of the back, the neck the next day after the first or second session, this is quite normal reaction of the body. It is not necessary to sound the alarm.
Why do my back muscles hurt the day after the massage?
If you have never done a massage before, or do it irregularly, the muscles after it should be sore. Massage can be compared to training in the gym. Even if it seems to you that you are perfectly healthy, this can not be said about your muscles. Without regular exercise and massage procedures, the muscles of the back and the whole body become weaker, the metabolic processes of the muscles, the circulation of blood, accumulate, and a large number of metabolic products accumulate. As a result, we get unpleasant sensations and pains in the back. Often the pain syndrome passes into a chronic form and a disease like osteochondrosis.
After the first massage session, circulation and blood flow to the tissue cells increase. Muscles that have not been used for a long time, receive a huge load. It happens when a person begins to exercise, due to a heavy load on the muscles. As a result of metabolic processes, lactic acid begins to accumulate in them, which causes pain syndrome. Exchange processes in the body are most active at night, which is why muscles after the massage and exercise hurt most often in the morning.
As a rule, the pain is felt 2-3 days after the performed procedures. Pain after other sessions can be associated with the work of the masseur and your general condition( both the muscles and the body as a whole).
It is recommended to start with gentle procedures, gradually moving to a more intensive massage.
Some masseurs advocate a powerful effect on the back. This method is not always justified, because each organism is unique and requires an individual approach.
When is it better to refrain from a massage so as not to cause pain?
- Massage is not recommended when a patient has a large dorsal hernia. If a person still does not want to abandon the procedure, massage should be done only by an experienced master. You can not touch the area where the hernia is located.
- When chronic processes in muscles become aggravated. Massage can lead to increased pain or cause a neurological( radicular) syndrome. Radicular syndrome manifests itself in different places: when the lower back, neck or whole back hurts, limbs and even the area of internal organs are troubled.
- You can not actively massage the spine directly and massage in front of important organs: the heart, abdominal organs, kidneys. In the case when the masseur assiduously tries to fix each vertebra to you, it is better to refuse such a massage, as this can cause pain in the spine.
The main contraindications for massage:
- infectious diseases in the period of exacerbation;
- bruises, fractures, dislocations, open wounds and bleeding;
- chronic osteomyelitis;
sore back after massage
on muscles have passed, here and hurts.this is normal, if certainly did everything right.education is not an indicator. NECESSARY MEDICAL EDUCATION is necessary for MANUAL!but I would not send a woman.all the same massage is not for them.here the face is another matter, but I do not trust the woman.a lot of mistakes are allowed.(
In case of osteochondrosis, massage is not always indicated, it can aggravate the condition, or even damage it.) Experience is not an indicator of the experience of a chiropractor's doctor, it is probably just a nurse or a paramedic is not an education in such cases, they do not have the right to do medical massage without the appointment of a specialist. Go to the neurologist, you need to take pictures and possibly a tomogram to find out the diagnosis, you may not have a massage and other effects, but only a medication
You just think:
The masseuse is paid, it means that she picks up money, and she does not care about your health
Did you take a picture? And if she is pinching you, she will still get it?
Do all the REQUIRED tests and to the doctor.there will be already seen.
After the massage, the back may hurt, but there should not be any serious pains. You need to show the masseur an X-ray. If you have a hernia, then massage can be contraindicated, only mild manual therapy
what to do if after a massage the back hurts? ???
how it hurts where it hurts what kind of massage?an ideal variant of a krpature as after sports, but all sorts of bad things are possible.
She must be ill, otherwise the sense of that massage, you did not go to erotic.
stop the massage or change the massage therapist.
If muscle pain is normal, maybe there was a deep massage done. Light pain is completely permissible.
change the masseur. No bruises?
I advise you to change the massage therapist. After the massage, pain, bruises, should not be. The body should be light, relaxed. With a properly performed massage, a person can even fall asleep. Comments, questions, write to my world. I will not answer the answers.