The only complex of exercise therapy that will help to cure arthrosis of the knee
The main task of physiotherapy is to stimulate the mechanisms of natural joint repair. LFK with arthrosis of the knee has a very beneficial effect on both the knee and the body as a whole, but it is critically important to do it correctly. Read on for a detailed description of the correct exercises, important rules and the non-obvious nuances of really effective workouts.
Invaluable pluses of physical training
Regular quality gymnastics:
Increases the amount of movement in the joint.
Reduces muscle tone, thus providing and preventing the development of contractures( degeneration of the muscles in scar tissue).
Improves circulation in the diseased joint, improves nutrition of the destroyed cartilage.
Has a positive effect on the whole body, makes a person more mobile and improves the quality of his life.
Six basic principles of correct training
Physical training should be carried out according to certain rules; is the most important principle - do no harm.
Do not rush things. The load and volume of movements should be increased gradually, forcing the training load only worsens the situation.
Exercises should not cause pain, you should not overcome it. Such "feats" can make you disabled. Exercise should be so as to feel fatigue in the muscle groups, and not pain in the joints - then exercise is performed correctly.
Avoid overloading and do not chase after rapid progress. Remember the Polish folk wisdom: "zu zanadto, it's not sensible"( literal translation: which is too much, then badly).
Regularity. Only daily workouts will help you achieve any visible results.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee should only be performed during the remission period. During an exacerbation of the disease, when the knee is enlarged and swollen, it is better to provide him with a comfortable rest.
Load both joints equally. Many patients ask a question: "And how to train, if I have only one knee?".With unilateral arthrosis, a sick person instinctively begins to spare the problem joint, while the load on a healthy one increases significantly. So in the opposite knee can also begin to form arthrosis, so exercise therapy should load both joints.
Click on the picture to enlarge
The correct complex of exercise therapy from the doctor
So, we came to the main thing - creating a set of exercises for the diseased knee. The task of exercise therapy is to make the muscles work without loading the joint.
Below are the exercises of Dr. Evdokimenko from his book "Pain in the legs".
Static option. Starting position( IP): lying on the abdomen with straight legs, hands located along the body. Slowly raise the knee straightened at the knee by 15 cm from the floor and fix it in this position for 30-40 seconds. It is important that the leg is lifted by the effort of the thigh muscles and buttocks.
We perform each foot once.
Dynamic option. We perform the same as static, but we hold the foot over the floor for 1-2 seconds. We perform each leg 10-12 times.
Exercise 2 The
IP is the same, only now one leg is bent at the right angle in the knee. Without changing the angle of bending, raise the foot over the floor by 10 cm and hold in this position 30-40 seconds, 1 repetition on each leg. The effort should be applied solely at the expense of the muscles of the thigh and buttock.
Dynamic option. Hold for 1-2 seconds, do 10-12 reps with each leg.
One of the variants of the famous exercise "Swallow".PI as in Exercise 1: raise both legs 10-15 cm above the floor, without hurrying to bred them to the sides, and then reduce them. Do not lower your legs again 8-10 times. It is necessary to watch, that effort, as in the previous exercises, was carried out only by the muscles of the thigh, and not by the hull.
IP: lying on its side, lower leg bent at the knee. Raise the straight upper leg above the floor by about 450 and hold in this position for 30-60 seconds.1 repetition on each leg.
IP: sitting on a chair. Straighten the leg in the knee joint and lift it above the floor as far as we can, hold it in this position for 30-60 seconds. We do 2-3 repetitions with each foot.
IP: standing, holding hands behind the back of the chair. Slowly rise on the socks and stay in this position for about one minute, slowly dropping.
Dynamic option. Do 10-12 repetitions, lingering at the top point for 1-2 seconds.
IE Exerc.6. Leaning on the heels raise the stop up, stay at the top point for 1-2 seconds and fall to the floor;10-12 repetitions.
The former is. We rise on the toe of the left leg, then the right heel goes up, and the left one - downwards - smoothly "roll" on the toes 10-12 times.
The training should end with a self-massage, in order to further warm up and relax the muscles of the thigh.
Complex treatment exercises for arthrosis of the elbow joint and gonarthrosis
Arthrosis is a joint disease that is accompanied by degenerative changes and disorders of the joint tissues. At the same time, every movement causes pain, the affected area is inflamed, edematous and inactive. The disease affects all groups of joints, from large to small. The most commonly affected knee, less often - elbow joints. Treatment of arthrosis always begins with medication and physiotherapy. However, a very important role in the treatment of arthrosis is played by physical therapy.
Osteoarthritis of the elbow and knee joints: general information
Osteoarthritis of the elbow joint is a pathological process occurring in the region of the epicondyle. Among all other types of arthrosis, this form of the disease is the least common. Symptoms of arthrosis of the elbow joint:
- pains in the elbow area, which are obtuse and arise after physical exertion and certain movements( extension, bending at the elbow of the hand);
- with the straightening of the hand there is a sharp pain, which is sometimes accompanied by a burning sensation;
- weakness in the muscles;
- a strong crunch when moving with brushes or elbows.
Among the reasons that can lead to arthrosis of the elbow joint, the following are distinguished:
- injuries of the elbow and radius bones joints, and also of the bones themselves;
- incorrectly fused after fractures of bone;
- excessive physical exertion on the joint;
- some sports: fencing, tennis;
- some professions: blacksmiths, miners, founders, masons, etc., that is, people who, according to their activities, regularly work with vibrating tools.
The disease must be treated, otherwise it can hit the nerves( ulnar, radial, medial), which are located next to the elbow joint, which can result in neuritis.
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint( gonarthrosis) - the most common form of arthrosis, it is more affected by women than men. In this disease, the hyaline cartilaginous joint of the joint is damaged, the cartilage quickly wears out. If the disease is not treated, the cartilaginous tissue loses elasticity and elasticity, is gradually destroyed. Later, deformation of bone tissue occurs, osteophytes are formed, which are the reason for the limitation of movements and pains in the joint region. Gonarthrosis is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- blunt pains in the knee area, which eventually increase;
- sharp pain during physical exertion( for example, long walking, lifting from a bed or chair, climbing up the stairs);
- stiffness of movements.
There are several reasons for the development of gonarthrosis:
- disruption of trophism of joint tissues;
- regular excessive static load on the knee joints;
- knee injury( eg, meniscus damage, intra-articular fracture), improperly intergrown fractures, and micro-trauma;
- has been transferred in the past to joint diseases( eg, arthritis of any etiology).
Regardless of what caused arthrosis, it must be treated, as in the absence of therapy the disease will invariably progress and the joint condition worsen: the feeling of stiffness, severity, limitation of joint mobility, up to its complete loss will increase. Among the methods of treatment of arthrosis, such methods as: medicamentous, shock-wave, physiotherapy, acupuncture and physiotherapy have proven themselves.
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis: features of
The main goal of therapeutic physical training is to develop a patient joint, because with arthrosis it perches, its mobility is limited.
Gymnastics is prescribed for any severity of arthrosis. In each case, the goal of gymnastics will be different. So, in an acute period, therapeutic gymnastics helps:
- to increase the inflow of nutrients to the joint;
- improve blood circulation in the diseased joint and tissues;
- relax the tensed muscles;
- to reduce pain;
- to improve tissue regeneration.
It is important to compose complex exercises so as to relieve the affected joint. The starting position for performing exercises in the case of arthrosis of the knees - lying, with arthrosis of the elbow joint - sitting. At the same time, such exercises are very important:
- for flexion and extension of limbs;
- to relax the muscles to reduce their tone;
- for the overall development and development of not only patients, but also healthy joints;
- breathing exercises.
In the subacute period, exercise therapy helps:
- improve mobility of the affected joint;
- slow the development of contractures, that is, ossification, stiffness.
In the subacute period there are no severe pains, so the exercises can be transferred to the pool. This is very useful and harmless, because in the water there are no heavy loads, pressure and other influences on the joints. In addition, add such exercises:
- machi limbs, while using the affected joint;
- stretching of the muscles, but it is strictly forbidden to extend the limbs along the axis;
- resistance exercises to increase muscle strength.
For arthrosis of the elbow joint, exercises are performed in a standing position, using gymnastic objects and projectiles, a gymnastic wall. When arthrosis of the knee joint exercises are performed exclusively in a sitting or lying position.
In the remission phase, the gymnastics contributes:
- to strengthen the muscles;
- inhibits muscle atrophy;
- develops motor skills, including those that are not affected by arthrosis.
In the remission phase, you can connect gentle sports: short cycling, swimming, aqua aerobics and various water sports, yoga. At the same time, it is necessary to avoid heavy loads, during and after training should not cause unpleasant and painful sensations.
Only physician should prescribe exercise therapy. The patient should perform exercises in the room of physiotherapy exercises at a polyclinic or a hospital under the guidance of an experienced instructor. In the future, when the patient learns how to properly perform a set of exercises, he can also do at home.
Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the elbow joint: exercises
The main goal of gymnastics with this form of arthrosis is to stimulate the muscles that are responsible for extension of the forearm. Exercises are performed at a different pace - slow and fast. In this case, you always need to rest your hands on the surface. It is very important to observe certain rules when performing exercises:
- Regardless of the chosen tempo, you never need to perform exercises in a hurry, jerks, dramatically, etc. On the contrary, the movements should be smooth.
- Never exercise on cold muscles. To warm up the muscles and joints, you must first perform exercises at a very slow pace, slowly.
- The exercise load should be moderate so that there are no unpleasant sensations, pain, etc.
- Classes should be held regularly, because only in this case positive dynamics are possible.
- Exercises should be performed carefully, especially at the very beginning, when the patient has not yet learned how to do everything correctly.
- The order of the exercises can be changed at will, it does not matter in principle.
- Classes on special simulators can be conducted solely under the guidance of a physical training instructor.
- If you can not do some exercise, you need to stop trying. Back to this exercise can be later, when the joint is better developed, the inflammation will decrease, pain will decrease.
- It is necessary to start with the most simple exercises, gradually moving to complex ones.
Complex of exercises for elbow joint development
- Sit on a chair in front of the table. Put your shoulder on the table, pull out your arm. Alternately bend and unbend the elbow at the elbow. Perform an exercise for each hand from 10 to 15 times.
- Sit on a chair in front of the table. Place the forearm on the table, fix it in this position. Start rolling on the table tennis ball( or any other similar size).It is very important not to move your forearm! Perform the exercise before the first signs of fatigue.
- Get on a chair. Dilute alternately and simultaneously hands in the sides, up, down. Perform the exercise on each hand and the direction from 10 to 15 times.
- Sit on a chair or stand up. Perform any movement using a ball or a stick. It is very important that the movements are smooth, soft and natural, do not cause unpleasant sensations and, especially, pain. For example, walking with sticks( which, by the way, can be replaced with skis in winter), hand movements, while holding sticks in them, etc.
This small complex of exercises must be performed daily for 15 minutes, not longer. In addition, it is very useful to go to the pool, where you can not only swim, but also perform hand movements.
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint
The complex for charging with gonarthrosis is selected taking into account the severity of the disease and the stage in which it is located. The complex should be the attending physician, and they must be performed under the guidance of the instructor in the room of physiotherapy. The main rule of the classes is not to allow pain. As with exercises for the elbow joint, with gonarthrosis it is important to perform exercises smoothly, without overloading the joints and muscles, and carefully monitor to perform the entire complex correctly. If there is pain, it shows that either the person does something wrong, or the exercise does not suit him. In this case, you must immediately stop this action.
In the aggravation stage it is possible to be engaged, but for a short time, objectively assessing its condition. Training should be short and not daily. If there is edema of the affected area, it is wiser not to load it.
In the remission phase, when the pain is minor or absent, you can practice longer and every day. But in this case, you need to listen to your body.
The physical load during exercise exercises should increase gradually. It is always necessary to begin with more simple exercises, moving on to complex ones. One of the important rules is to practice regularly, otherwise it will be just wasted time.
Complex of exercises for gonarthrosis
The complex is lying on the floor, each exercise is performed alternately for each leg.
- Lie on your back, put your legs straight. At the same time, bend the leg in the knee and lift the foot over the floor. Fix the foot in this position for 5 seconds. Exercise repeat 5 times for each leg.
- Lie on your back. Bend the leg simultaneously in the knee and hip joints. Alternately, bend and unbend the leg in the knee. Perform the exercise 10 times for each leg.
- Lie on your back. Bend both legs in the knee and hip joints. Bend and unbend both legs at the same time in the knees. Perform the exercise 10 times for each leg.
- Lie on your back, legs stretch and relax. Bend the right leg in the knee and press against the trunk, helping hands. Hold in this position for 5 seconds, then lower the foot to the floor and straighten the leg. Repeat for the left foot. This exercise can be performed up to 15 times.
- Lie on your back. Bend the legs in the knees, raise it above the floor and perform rotational movements, like when riding a bicycle. Exercise repeat from 25 to 50 times. First you need to "twist" your feet slowly, then accelerate the pace.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend one leg in the knee and get a heel of the buttocks. Then change your leg. It is important not to tear off the floor of the thigh. Repeat the exercise for each leg from 25 to 50 times.
- Get on the table. Alternately, chatter with your feet, changing the amplitude. This exercise can be done as often as possible.
When exercising therapeutic gymnastics in case of elbow joint disease and gonarthrosis, there may be a feeling of muscle strain. This should not be feared, but it is necessary to clearly delineate the constructive tension of the muscles, which will only benefit and shows that they are warmed up and developed, from destructive overstrain, which can provoke even greater enslavement. In order for lessons to only benefit, you need to listen to your body and the signals that it sends. Do not engage in force. If you can not perform some exercise, it is better to leave it and come back later, when the inflammation passes, and the joints become more mobile.
The best exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint, the rules of exercise therapy
According to the sad statistics from coxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint), 3 to 16% of the world's population suffers. This is a severe degenerative-dystrophic pathology of the musculoskeletal system, which is characterized by a progressive course. The obligatory component of therapy is therapeutic gymnastics - the most simple and natural method of getting rid of joint diseases. However, like any other method of treatment, it must be performed under the supervision of a doctor, since incorrectly selected exercises( and their incorrect execution) can only exacerbate the development of the disease.
Tasks and features of the exercise therapy
All medical measures for patients suffering from coxarthrosis are aimed at reducing pain syndrome, strengthening ligaments and muscles, slowing down the destruction of articular cartilage.
Regularity of classes is the most important condition of exercise therapy. The correct gymnastic exercises help to increase the stability of the joint, as well as stretching and relaxing the flexor muscles and thigh extensors.
Dynamic( mobile) and isometric( static) exercises are used in the process of treatment, in which the muscles are strained without the movement of the body itself. In this case, the amplitude of movements in the hip joint should be within the limits of the remaining mobility( before the onset of pain).In numerous studies, it has been shown that even with gross pathological changes in the joints in patients with a well-trained muscular system, compensatory( adaptive) mechanisms are developed *.But for their formation, long systematic training is needed.
* Compensatory mechanisms - reflex reactions aimed at eliminating or weakening the functional shifts in the body caused by the environment, diseases, etc.
A patient suffering from arthrosis of the hip joint( TBC) is recommended such exercises of exercise therapy that strengthen the ligaments and muscles, but do not force the joint to flex and flex flexibly.
Rules for performing gymnastics
- For arthrosis of TBS, the motor activity recommended to the patient should not have a negative effect on articular cartilage. Gymnastics should be performed daily, that is, turning this need into a useful habit that will help provide the hip joint with good blood supply and mobility.
- Medical gymnastics for arthrosis provides for the choice of such a starting position, which does not increase the load on the joint. During the sessions, the increase in the load should occur due to an increase in the number of repetitions and the total number of exercises.
- Many patients are recommended dosage weights. For this, a special cuff or rubber tourniquet, fixed on the ankle, is used. Each exercise with burdening should be done slowly, without expanding the amplitude of movements.
- Breathing during training should be arbitrary.
- Any exercise ends up by raising your hands up( inhaling) and lowering( exhaling).
Recommendation. It is desirable to combine gymnastics with self-massage of the muscles of the thigh and gluteal muscles. To do this, you can use special massagers available in free sale.
The best exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
1. IP( initial position) - lying on the floor, on the stomach. Hands along the trunk, legs straight. Perform slow lifts with a straight leg 15 degrees from the floor, holding it in this position for 30-40 seconds. Then the legs are changed. This exercise is allowed to be performed only once with each leg( per workout).All movements are due to the effort of the thigh and gluteal muscles.
Then the same movement is performed in a dynamic version: the knees straightened at the knee slowly and smoothly alternately lift up, and hold for 1-2 seconds at the top point. During the whole exercise exercise should be performed 10-12 lifts.
2. IP - lying on the stomach, hands along the trunk. The right leg is bent at the right angle in the knee, the left leg is straight. The exercise is the same as the previous one. In the static version - once with each leg, in a dynamic one - 10-12 times. Then the legs are changed.
3. IP - lying on his stomach, on the floor. Legs are straightened, hands are stretched along the trunk. Very slowly, straight legs raise up to an angle of 15 ° from the floor, keep them on weight, and then smoothly bred and brought together( 8-10 times).
This exercise is not recommended for patients with high blood pressure, as well as people after 40 years of age.
4. IP - lying on the right side with a right leg bent in the knee, the left straight line. For about 30 seconds, the left leg should be held on weight( 45 °), and then, after a short rest, roll over to the right side and perform the same motion with the right foot.
5. IP - sitting on the floor, legs straightened. Without bending your knees, you need to lean forward and try to clasp your hands with your feet or toes. Pulling the body forward, it is necessary to stay in this position for a couple of minutes. Do not perform more than once a day.
If this exercise is performed regularly for several months - the muscles of the back and thighs will stretch, and the angle of inclination will be doubled. As a result, the blood supply to the legs will improve, the muscle spasm in the thigh and lower back will disappear.
In physiotherapeutic practice, many similar exercises are used to treat arthrosis of TBS, but all of them should be prescribed individually by the LFK instructor. This takes into account the stage of the pathological process, as well as the individual characteristics of the patient.
What exercises are prohibited?
All movements causing severe pain to the patient are categorically contraindicated( by the way, pain can also occur if the exercises are not properly performed).
For arthrosis of the hip joint it is forbidden:
- to squat,
- to "twist the bicycle",
- walk a lot,
- perform active flexion and extension of the hip joint,
- to jerk or apply effort to the aching joint.
Contra-indications for exercises LFK
- Arterial hypertension.
- Severe cardiovascular pathologies and blood diseases.
- Herniation of the white line of the abdomen and inguinal hernia.
- Acute forms of diseases of internal organs.
- Elevated body temperature.
- Critical days for women.
- Period of rehabilitation after cavitary operations.
- Period of exacerbation of arthrosis of the hip joint.
In order to restore the movements to their former ease - will and will be required. However, before embarking on the course, you should consult with your doctor and find out if you have any contraindications for physical training. And, most importantly - very carefully familiarize yourself with the rules of performance and the features of the recommended complex of gymnastics.
Gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint makes miracles.
Such a complex disease, as arthrosis of the knee joint, requires an integrated approach. Among the various methods of treatment, an important role is played by therapeutic gymnastics. It improves the metabolism of the joint and limbs in general, it contributes to the overall muscle tone, is the prevention of contracture( incomplete joint flexion and extension).
To maintain the performance of joints, it is necessary to perform a set of physical exercises aimed at strengthening okolohryshchevyh muscles and ligaments. The training time should be 30-40 minutes a day, and this time should be divided into several segments for 10-15 minutes. When performing exercises, a balance should be observed between the resting state and the time of stress on the joints. Many people need to give rest to the affected arthrosis joints every 4-5 hours is necessary for the regeneration of the cartilage of the joint. Exercise smoothly, the amplitude of movements increase gradually. When doing exercises, focus on the aching joint, imagine how the blood flows to the knee and the joint is restored.
First of all, you should perform physical exercises every day, and several times a day! Already this alone is often sufficient to significantly halt the development of the disease. The footwear should be comfortable, and it is desirable that special orthopedic insoles are inserted into it. It is necessary to use devices for unloading joints - knee pads, arch supports.
If you perform these exercises every morning for 5-10 times in a day, then the joints will be much more mobile.
in the supine position:
- pull his hands along the body, pull your toes over, then pull the toes back;
- hands to shoulders, elbows forward, I drag my elbows to the sides - inhale, I'll take - exhale;
- hands along the trunk, alternately I move the left, then the right leg to the side and back;
- hands to the shoulders, perform circular movements with the arms bent forward and back;
- hands are divorced in the sides, I perform corners turns to the right, then to the left.
Lying on its side:
- bend and unbend legs in the knees;
- slowly move my foot to the side and return it back;
- bend and unbend that leg, which was on top.
Lying on my stomach:
- alternately low rise and lower my legs;
- I carry my feet as if swimming in water.
It is very important to hold the first gymnastics session in the morning before the person gets to his feet and starts walking. Then exercise should be done three more times a day. After the evening session, it is recommended to apply a half-alcohol warming compress to the affected joint. And before going to bed, take a warm( 36-36.5 °) conifer bath. This will serve as a home treatment complex.
For the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee, using walking on his knees - you need to make 400 steps to them. At first it will be painful and the necessary amount is unlikely to get done, but with time - it will become easier and you will be able to.
Exercises in the water
Classes in the pool are most preferable for those who practice pain under normal conditions. Training in the water has its own favorable features. Firstly, it is a decrease in body weight, and accordingly, the load on the joint, which facilitates the performance of exercises. Secondly, thanks to movements in the water, the skin and blood vessels are hydromassage, which is beneficial for the joints and the body as a whole. With arthrosis of the knee joints, any exercises in the water that involve bending the legs in the knees will be useful.
Such types of motor activity as running, jumping, squats, lifting and carrying heavy objects should be excluded. It is necessary to limit fast and long walking, especially on uneven terrain, climbing the mountain, walking on the stairs, long stay in one position - standing, sitting, "squatting".It is also important to normalize body weight - this will help reduce the risk of disease progression.
Experience from the life of
From 2003 to 2009, he was treated for traditional medicine and, as a result, the third stage of deforming arthrosis. Barely moved on crutches, knees and right foot were swollen. To somehow ease the pain, we had to bypass the advice of doctors on the floor of the pill 3 times a week to drink furosemide. As a result, the attending physician refused treatment! At me a problem with a kidney therefore all medicines were counter-indicative, since.can refuse the kidneys.3 years I was engaged in charging without load and the slow improvement went. A year ago, my deforming arthrosis passed from 3 to 1 stage. Now I can spend all day on my feet. On my knees I walk hard until it's painful. I do not take any medications except for a pill of aspirin or a tablet of cytromone. Therapeutic gymnastics without load 4 types of exercises for 2 hours a day. Plus a hot bath and massage. And this is despite the fact that the arthrologist in the regional hospital said that at my age it is impossible to cure. It turns out possible. I realized that all nonsteroidal( including aflutop, teraflex) help for a certain time, and then do not help and the disease develops. Gymnastics should be practiced as much as possible per day, then there will be a result.
I think that this positive experience will give you a great incentive in the fight against your ailment.
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint - exercise complex
The first symptoms of arthrosis of the knee joint come along with the appearance of a crunch and pains in the knees. This period is characterized by rapid fatigue and limited mobility.
A person starts involuntarily to spare an aching leg in the process of walking, in this connection, pains begin to appear in a healthy limb, since additional stress is placed on it. To reduce or eliminate these phenomena at the earliest stages of the pathological process will help self-massage and therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Perhaps this is the only technique used to treat an illness that does not involve financial costs. All that is necessary for the patient in this case is desire, a little free space and a rug or blanket.
LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint
The tasks of therapeutic physical training, first of all, depend on the period of the disease. In the acute period of arthrosis, the main task of therapeutic gymnastics is the improvement of lympho-
. Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint should be performed regularly by
and blood circulation in the affected joint, reduction of pain syndrome, enlargement of the joint gap and muscle relaxation. During the period of remission, a set of exercises is prescribed, which helps to strengthen the musculoskeletal apparatus and restores its functions. Before starting to practice, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will help determine the choice of exercises. Unfortunately, many patients have to be persuaded to engage in exercise therapy, and best suited to those patients who are already threatened with surgical intervention.
There is a certain set of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint, and also special treatment sessions are assigned to patients individually.
Recommendation: all prescribed by the doctor exercises must be performed three times a day for 20 minutes.
Special exercises for the knees with arthrosis are performed at a slow pace. In the first two weeks, each exercise should be repeated 4 to 6 times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions to ten.
Warning! Rest with a knee bent in the knee can cause the development of flexion contracture, which is very difficult to treat. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this to patients suffering from arthrosis of the knee joint.
According to experts, it is best to rest, lying on your back. Completely relaxed and spreading his legs straight apart. Even greater relaxation is facilitated by rocking a sore leg, stained from a bed or a high chair.
As a rule, with regular sessions, recovery of the volume of movements and reduction of pain occurs approximately half an hour after the recommended gymnastic exercises.
Before going directly to the recommended medical training, I would like to make some recommendations:
- Vigorous movements in arthrosis are strictly contraindicated, in connection with which, all exercises must be performed slowly and smoothly, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements.
- Physical exercises are performed in a sitting or lying position.
- In case of pain, it is necessary to stop occupations.
- Training should be conducted regularly, several times during the day, but at the same time, the duration of each exercise should last no more than a few minutes.
And now we will consider the most effective physical exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint: I.Exercise is performed lying on the back. The legs are stretched, the heels are forward, the socks are pulled back. Such movements very well relieve muscle tension and improve metabolic processes in almost all joints of the lower extremities.
II.This exercise is called "vertical scissors".It is performed lying on the back, alternately raising and lowering the legs in the hip joints.
III.Flexion and extension movements in the knee joint in the supine position.
IV.Lie on your back. The legs are bent at the knees and simultaneously in the hip joints. We perform flexion movements of the legs in the knee joint.
V. "Horizontal scissors".This exercise is also performed by lying on the back. The legs are bent in the hip joints, alternately they are reduced and divorced.
VI."Bicycle" - flexion and extension of the legs in the knees and thigh in the supine position.
VII.Lifting and lowering of the leg straightened in the knee in the prone position on the side.
VIII.Lying on the abdomen, flexion and extension movements are made in each knee alternately.
IX.Raising and lowering the straight leg lying on the stomach. The sock is not pulled off.
X. Swaying in the sitting position( on a high chair).Exercise is done with a small amplitude, without effort.
The main recommendations for physical therapy for patients suffering from gonarthrosis
- All the stresses that are prescribed by the exercise therapy should fall on the painless zone. Otherwise, pain contractures, muscle spasms, spasms of blood vessels may develop, and also it can provoke an overexcitement of the nervous system.
You should not be engaged in any way, overcoming the pain!If you have the slightest pain, you need to stop exercising.
- Do not force events. Motor movements must be increased gradually and very carefully.
- Such methods as gymnastics in the pool and exercise therapy with the help of devices that provide relaxation and extension of the joint are very well proven.
- Charge for arthrosis of the knee joint must necessarily be done taking into account the phase of arthrosis. During the period of exacerbation( the appearance of swelling and redness, as well as the development of pain), physical activity should be reduced. During the period of remission, all efforts should be directed towards restoring muscle strength. Of course, the intensity of training should be increased gradually.
- Medical exercises are not recommended for women during menstruation, as well as for patients suffering from increased intracranial and arterial pressure. Classes should be canceled with an increase in body temperature and during rehabilitation after surgery on the chest and abdominal organs. LFK is also contraindicated in acute inflammatory processes of internal organs, inguinal hernias and severe cardiovascular pathologies.
We present to your attention the video of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint:
What can not be done with arthrosis of the knee joint
Some patients mistakenly believe that in this situation "a wedge kicks out".In no case is it advisable to intensively develop the knee joint, overcoming the pain, since it can strengthen the pain syndrome and provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will lead to further destruction of the joint.
Warning! Patients suffering from gonarthrosis are categorically forbidden to crawl on their knees.
When massaging the affected area, it is impossible to knead the joint itself, as this can lead to an inflammatory process in the soft periarticular tissues. In this case, experts recommend that the muscles of the lower leg, thigh and back muscles be massaged, increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint.
How the effectiveness of special physical exercises
is evaluated. Physiotherapy for knee arthrosis is considered effective when the patient has a significant reduction in pain and joint mobility improves. Also, treatment can be considered successful if the frequency and severity of exacerbations decrease, blood pressure normalizes, the patient's sleep, his state of health and mood improves.3 comments
Well, yes, here are the main exercises for osteoarthritis of the knee joint. I was shown them by a doctor, part-time instructor LFK.I do it for a month, the pains have decreased and the joints have become more mobile.
It is a great pity that just now I caught the eye of this article, I would have advised a friend earlier to avoid the operation.
- Dmitry Sergeevich24.06.2014
I know that the water environment has a beneficial effect on arthrosis of the knee joint. It allows to unload the limb and joint, creates optimal resistance when driving. But how does the temperature of the water affect? Is there a risk of aggravating the condition during remission when practicing under the conditions of a regular pool?