A set of exercises of exercise therapy for scoliosis of 1,2,3 and 4 degreesScoliosis refers to the lateral curvature of the vertebral column, which occurs mainly in childhood.
If parents notice the change in the child's posture in time, then it will not be difficult to correct this defect.
One of the best and effective methods of therapy of various stages of scoliosis is therapeutic exercise.
LFK is a complex of physical measures that is used in the treatment and prevention of diseases.
The danger of of such a spine disease is that without proper treatment of scoliosis is complicated by severe abnormalities in the functions of the internal organs.
There are many causes of scoliosis, but each of them leads to disruption of the muscular corset, which supports the spine and gives it a posture.
About application of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis more.
If you have an intervertebral hernia, please tell us about the reasons and methods of its treatment.
Degrees of scoliosis
The spine can deviate both to the right and to the left. In this case, for a different degree of scoliosis in this classification, the angle of deviation from the axis of the spine is important.
- Scoliosis of the 1st degree .The angle is 1-10 degrees, which is almost invisible. Many of the doctors consider this degree an option of the norm, which is easily corrected with the help of exercises.
- Scoliosis of the 2nd degree .The angle is 11-25 degrees. This is the stage that is still amenable to adjustment, if special exercises are used. It is necessary to know that if this stage of scoliosis is not corrected in time, then it quickly progresses to stage 3, which is much more difficult to treat.
- Scoliosis of the 3rd degree , in which the deflection angle is 26-50 degrees. This stage is not easy to treat and gives many problems to the treating doctors.
- Scoliosis of the 4th degree , in which the angle is more than 50 degrees. This degree of scoliosis is severe and, fortunately, is rare, in only 10% of cases.
Principles of treatment of scoliosis LFK.Effectiveness of exercises in children and adolescents
Generally, the formation of the spine of the child and the whole organism ends by the age of 20, so it is important to use exercise therapy in childhood when the therapeutic effect is effective.
The exercise complex is most relevant for the bending of 1-2 degree and is the main type of treatment for , whereas in scoliosis of 3-4 degrees this method is only auxiliary.
The main goals of the use of exercise therapy in the treatment of scoliosis are:
- elimination of muscle and ligament imbalance;
- maximum unloading of the spine;
- strengthening and proper development of the muscles and ligaments of the back;
- correction and formation of proper posture;
- improvement of the general condition of the body.
LFK complex includes such methods as massage, physio- and manual therapy, gymnastics, as well as yoga and swimming.
Combining all these methods in the early stages of scoliosis allows to achieve results in a short time, to prevent functional disorders of internal organs and to eliminate all defects in posture.It is necessary to know that the methods of treatment and individual complex of exercises should be selected only by a specialist.
Exercises for exercise therapy can be performed by at home , but under the compulsory supervision of by physician .
Self-treatment without monitoring can complicate the course of the disease and lead to irreversible consequences.
Basic complex of physical exercises for scoliosisSuch a complex is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the spine and forming a correct posture.
Among the exercises against the scoliosis are separate exercises: in a standing position, lying on the back and stomach, and also in a standing position on all fours.
A prerequisite for performing the exercises is their daily rhythm, which should become a new and good habit.
When doing the exercises, you must follow certain rules :
- It is not recommended to do exercises to stretch the spine and perform rotational movements;
- The spine can be stretched only passively, having support under itself, it is impossible to hang on the perlade;
- It is best to start the exercises with a minimal load on the spine, gradually moving to more complex and lengthy exercises;
- If you have back pain during class, you must stop the exercise and consult with a specialist;
- Exercises for the legs are recommended to alternate with exercises for the shoulder girdle.
Exercises in standing position:
- We perform walking on the spot, trying to keep the posture exactly.
- Rise on the socks and pull the arm as high as possible, then gently lower it.
- We pull our hands up, but the feet remain on the floor, just drop our hands slowly.
Exercises in the supine position:
- In the supine position, pull the right elbow to the left knee, then change the position.
- We pull each knee to the chest in turn, fix it, count to 5, slowly lower it.
- Having fixed your hands on the floor, raise both legs and slowly try to tilt them to the left, and then to the right side.
- Slowly raise our legs, bent at the knees, to the stomach and make one clap with our hands behind our knees.
- Pressing the shoulder girdle tightly to the floor, simultaneously pulling the legs and back and counting to 30.
Exercises in the supine position:
- We stretch our arms in front of us, then raise our legs from the floor, while also pulling the back muscles, fixing in this position onfew seconds. You can rock back and forth.
- We connect hands to the lock behind the head, then we try to slowly raise our head upwards and bend in this position, fix it for a few seconds.
- We lean forward in front of us in the palm of our hands and raise each leg alternately as high as possible from the floor.
Exercises in a standing position on all fours:
- Straighten the right hand and pull it forward, while lifting your left leg and fixing the body in this position for a few seconds.
- We flex the muscles of the back, while trying to raise the head as high as possible, fix the back in the bent state for a few seconds.
- Raise your back, while trying to reach your right knee to the head, then slowly change your foot and repeat the movement.
The selection of exercises for each patient is selected on the basis of basic, but adjusted taking into account the patient's age, localization of scoliosis( thoracic or lumbar region), scoliosis stage. Particular attention should be paid to patients with S-shaped curvatures of the spine, which allow for exercises for the thoracic and lumbar spine.
It is important to know in advance about the signs of cervical osteochondrosis, in order to prevent its appearance and development.
Do not know what to use for severe pain? Learn more about the drug Movalis in injections and pills.
In case of injury or trauma of the coccyx - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/travmy/ ushib-kobchika.html
Scoliosis preventionTo prevent the appearance of scoliosis, it is necessary to inoculate a healthy life-style rule from childhood, which includes morning exercises, sports, introduction of more useful products into the diet, rational nutrition, enriched with vitamins, microelements and proteins.
One of the best methods of scoliosis prevention is rightly considered swimming , as this sport uses both hands and equally strengthens all the muscles of the back.
It should be remembered that the earlier you establish the diagnosis and start treatment, the easier it will be to carry out all the medical measures and achieve a successful result.
Do not forget that the process of scoliosis treatment takes quite a long time and it will take all your patience and endurance to return the child the correct posture.
Video tutorials. Exercises exercise therapy to correct scoliosis.
An old but relevant detailed video about the prevention of scoliosis in childhood and adolescence.
Correct exercises for scoliosis, the five rules of curative physical education
No modern medicine can fulfill the tasks of exercise therapy in scoliosis. Regular sessions help:
- to restore elasticity and strength to the muscles that need it, to form a muscular skeleton of the spine;
- relieve the pathological tension from the muscles;
- to stop the progression of the disease( increasing the angle of curvature of the spine);
- intensify the work of the cardiovascular system, improve breathing;
- reduce or completely remove lateral curvature of the spine. That is why
physiotherapy for scoliosis - a leading conservative treatment method, recognize that orthopedists and vertebrologists( specialists in spinal problems) around the world. Complexes of exercises are used as the only and independent therapy for correcting the pathological bending of the spine at the initial stages of the disease. They must be used in the complex treatment of 3 and 4 stages of scoliosis.
In the vast majority of cases, scoliosis develops during the period of intensive growth of the child. At this time, all segments of the spine are quite unstable, so the physical impact on them should be extremely professional and extremely cautious. Otherwise, you can cause serious harm: aggravate the angle of curvature, pinch internal organs, disrupt the work of the heart or respiratory system.
To be useful from the class, the exercises should be chosen taking into account in which part of the spine is the pathology. They must be performed regularly, but the instructor should teach the technique of execution.
Read more: four kinds of loads in a complex of gymnastics in scoliosis, five of the most effective exercises in the treatment of pathology from Swiss vertebrologists.
Five rules for exercise therapy
It is important that the gymnastics in scoliosis correspond to five specific requirements that are necessarily taken into account when designing the treatment complex.
The most important thing is to exclude all kinds of exercises that can aggravate the condition of the spine:
- pulling up and hanging on the crossbar or the Swedish wall;
- elements of acrobatics: flip-flops, jumps, exercise "swallow";
- weight training with weights and dumbbells;
- fast running;
- all kinds of jumps;
- torso rotation in an upright position.
The first classes are held at a slow pace. It is necessary to constantly pay attention to the reaction of the body to each exercise.
Loads and the number of repetitions are set gradually: so as not to overexert the muscles and spine.
Exercises should only be designed for passive spinal traction.
Regular alternation of exercises for the muscles of the shoulder girdle with exercises for the lumbar region and legs.
All prescribed by the doctor exercises for scoliosis should be performed daily, without interruptions. After classes, make sure you have a half-hour rest, lying on your side.
Three stages of training with scoliosis
Each exercise of exercise therapy in scoliosis is strictly in accordance with the training plan, which allows you to achieve the maximum effect from each exercise.Stage of the Activity Objectives of
Preparation of the ligament apparatus for carrying out the main loads, stimulating blood circulation in the muscle tissues, setting the rhythm of breathing.
2. Basic loads
Correction of pathological curvature, stimulation of motor activity of muscles, restoration of normal functions of internal systems of the body.
Gradual decrease in the load, restoring the habitual rhythm of breathing.
At each stage of the exercise, the physician of the exercise room pays special attention to proper breathing. This is important for stimulating the work of the lungs and additional flow of oxygen to the muscles.
Exemplary complex of exercises
Remember that every element of physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis is selected individually. The complex presented in the article is an example of a standard occupation.
1. Warm up
All exercises begin with straightening of the back: press against any even vertical surface with your back;check that it touches the calves, buttocks and shoulder blades. Try to memorize the position of your body and not change it;back out in two steps.
And now the exercises themselves:Starting position( PI) Technique for performing
Stand upright, feet shoulder width
Raise both hands simultaneously, spread them apart and slightly back. Repeat 4 times.
Stand level, legs together, hands on the belt
Alternately bend the legs in the knees, lifting them slightly upwards, then take a shallow squeeze. Repeat 3-5 times.
Walking in place. Do not raise your knees high while walking. At the expense of "one, two," breathe in, into "three, four" - exhalation. During an inspiration, raise your hands through the sides upwards, gradually lower them when exhaling.
2. Basic exercisesIP Technique for performing
Lie on your back, hands behind your head
Inhale elbows spread apart, on exhalation take the starting position. Repeat 5 times.
Bend one leg and pull the knee to the stomach, repeat the same with the other foot, then - both together. Repeat 3-4 times.
Lie on your stomach, pull your arms at the seams, palms rest on the floor
On inspiration, leaning on your hands, try to lift one leg up as far as you can. On exhalation, return to the starting position. Repeat with the other foot. Exercise at least 3.
Lie on your back, arms extended above your head
Passive stretching. On inhaling, try to pull your head and shoulders up, and your legs at this time down.
Lie on your belly
Simultaneously simulate movements while swimming with your hands and feet.
3. Final ExercisesIP Engineering Technique
Stand exactly, hands on the belt
Walking in place. While walking on inspiration, raise your hands up and at the same time go to walking on your toes. On exhalation, lower your arms and step on your heels.
Go high with your knees.
An approximate set of exercises for the treatment of scoliosis.
Click on the photo to enlarge.
The five best exercises for scoliosis
Swiss vertebrologists and orthopedists together with LFK specialists have developed a set of exercises, the implementation of which allows the most effective effect on the main muscle groups, increasing their elasticity and elasticity.Why do I run the Technique
For back muscles
For lateral muscles
For abdominal muscles
Lie on your back, hands at the seams. Raise one leg without bending the knee, and hold it for a few seconds. Repeat with the other foot, too. Then lift both feet together. Start with 3 times, increasing the load up to 7 times.
For correcting the posture
Lie on your back. Feet together, hands along the body. Raise your shoulders and head for a second. Lower slowly, without jerking.
For correcting the spine
Prepare a small package with sand, not more than 1 kg. Sit on a chair and arrange the package not to the head so that it does not fall. Slowly get up and walk a little, holding the bag on your head.
Types of loads of exercise therapy
Lateral curvature of the spine is a heavy load for the ligament apparatus. In paired muscles, there are significant differences in tension. The convex side of the muscle is constantly toned, which gradually leads to a loss of contractility. Their paired "opponents" on the other hand, on the other hand, always stay in a shortened, relaxed state. The absence of movements weakens them and can gradually lead to atrophy.
Therefore, physical therapy for scoliosis should include four types of loads:
Unbalanced. Calculated for muscle training only on one side of the trunk, while the opposite muscle group is relaxed.
Symmetrical. Help maintain the spine in anatomically natural position. The load is distributed equally on the muscles from both sides, as a result, the tone is leveled in them, which has a positive effect on the dynamics of the alignment of the spine.
Desortion. They help to remove the tone from the strained muscles and stimulate the work of the relaxed.
Common restorative. Stimulate the immune system, enhance the endurance and physical development of the whole body.
The effect will be 100%!
The effectiveness of treatment of exercise therapy in scoliosis depends on a conscientious attitude to occupations, strict compliance with all prescriptions of the attending physician and constant control of his posture.
Source: http: //yourspine.ru/ lfk-pri-skolioze.html
Physiotherapy for scoliosis
Scoliosis - lateral curvature of the spinal column. What do you need to eliminate this distortion? Take, and even align the spine. Of course, you can not do any drugs. Direct mechanical effects on the curved vertebral column are needed. These effects are combined into a special complex of physiotherapy exercises - abbreviated LFK.LFK in scoliosis is the main method of treatment, and in addition to physical exercises includes massage and physiotherapy procedures, as well as the use of special orthopedic drugs.
But it's not so simple. Physical stress is unequally effective in various forms of this disease, and in some cases is completely contraindicated. Everything depends on the degree of curvature, its location, and, most importantly, on the patient's age. Recall that four degrees of scoliosis are distinguished depending on the angle of the arc of curvature:
- 1 degree - no more than 10 °
- 2 degree - 11 ° to 25 °
- 3 degree - 26 ° to 50 °
- 4 degree - 51 ° and more.
Folk remedies and methods of scoliosis treatment
Correctly chosen physical exercises for scoliosis of 1 and 2 degrees can reduce the angle of curvature of the scoliotic arch, and even return the spine to the initial physiological state. Unfortunately, in later, 3 and 4, stages, this is impossible. At this stage, the exercise therapy is of an auxiliary nature, and, at best, will only slow the progression of the curvature. In addition, with scoliosis of 3-4 degrees due to pronounced changes in the shape of the spinal column, significant disturbances occur on the part of the respiration and circulation, which makes it difficult to perform physical exertion. Therefore, timely started exercises in scoliosis are not only important, but also vitally important.
In this case, do not forget about the age of the patient - the more he is, the less likely to get the desired result. And when you reach adulthood, when the spine is fully formed, these chances are almost zero. Therefore, all exercises should be carried out in childhood or in adolescence - the earlier, the better. And in this regard, all responsibility falls to the full not on a small patient, but on his parents.
Rules As a result of the exercises performed with exercise therapy for scoliosis, the following positive changes occur in the body:
- The angle of curvature of the
- disappeared The muscles and ligaments of the back and waist
- Strengthens such manifestations of scoliosis as torsion( twisting) of vertebrae,rib hump, muscular roller
- Improves coordination of movements, always suffering from scoliosis
- Increases exercise tolerance
- Strengthens immunity
- Normalizeswork of the internal organs - the heart, lungs, gastrointestinal tract
- Improves appearance, posture
- Increases emotional background, improves mood.
All exercises are performed under the supervision of a physician in a spacious, well-ventilated room, in the absence of pain, dizziness, and other negative sensations. There are health gymnastics in scoliosis and its own characteristics. These features are the uneven muscle tone. From the convex side of the scoliotic arc, the muscles experience the maximum load, and therefore are constantly strained. With the concave they are on the contrary, relaxed, and sometimes completely atrophied.
In this regard, exercises can be symmetrical and asymmetric. As the name implies, symmetrical exercises create a uniform load on all muscle groups. As a result of asymmetric loads, the muscles are relaxed on the convex side of the scoliosis, and the tension is with the concave side. These exercises are developed by the physician specialist strictly individually for each patient, and are performed under his supervision. Examples of asymmetric exercises are one-sided twists of the trunk, raising the arm from the concave side of the scoliosis and moving the leg to the convex. Perform all these exercises with great care, otherwise they can lead to aggravation of scoliosis. In this regard, among physicians LFK there are many opponents of asymmetric loads.
But there are exercises that are clearly contraindicated in scoliosis. These include:
- Vis on the crossbar
- Pulling, flip-flops, and other acrobatic elements
- Training with weights and barbells
- Sports games and sport dances
- Running for long distances, especially with severe scoliosis of 3-4 degrees.
Physiotherapy in scoliosis is contraindicated if it is accompanied by severe pain and severe breathing and circulatory disorders. Also, you can not exercise if the angle of curvature increases rapidly, and scoliosis in a relatively short interval of 1-2 degrees goes into 3-4.
The complex of exercise therapy for the treatment of scoliosis includes warm-up, the main section, and the final stage. All exercises are performed at a smooth pace. Movements are made on inhalation, the initial position is taken on exhalation.
1. The warm-up begins with the straightening of the back. To do this, to any horizontal surface, for example, to the Swedish wall, you should evenly nestle the calf muscles, shoulder blades and buttocks. Then, without holding their breath, they retreat from the wall for 1-2 steps, trying to keep their back straight. After this, a set of preparatory exercises is performed. In the standing position, legs on the width of the shoulders, carry out hand movements - lifting, retraction to the sides and back, rotation. In this position, the legs are bent in the knees and squats. Each exercise is repeated 4-5 times.
2. Here the exercises are carried out in the supine position on the back or on the stomach. Each exercise is repeated 3-5 times.
- Lie on your back. Then place your hands on the back of your head. Raise your elbows to the side, and then return them to their original position.
- Lying on the back, bend your knees. Then alternately bring your knees to your stomach.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees. After that, raise the pelvis and cave in the thoracic spine.
- Lying on the back, lift the trunk, thereby performing deflections in the thoracic spine.
- Lying on your stomach, stretch your arms along the body with your palms down. Leaning on the palm of your hand, one by one lifting your legs together with your body.
- Lying on his back, making rotational movements with his legs as a bicycle. During the rotation, try to bring your feet as close to the floor as possible, without touching it.
- Lying on the back, cross legs in a horizontal and vertical plane as a scissors.
- Lying on your back, raise your legs together. Then dilute them to the sides, and hold in this position for a few seconds.
- Lying on stomach, raise head and shoulders, holding them in this position for a few seconds.
- Similarly, lying on the abdomen, simultaneously raise the lower limbs and upper body, leaning on the chest.
- Passive traction. For this, lying on your back, try to maximally extend the body along the longitudinal axis. To do this, you should stretch your head up, and your legs - down.
- Lying on the stomach, simulate the arms and legs swimming movements.
3. The final stage of the exercise complex is walking on your toes with your hands up or on your heels, with your hands behind your back. It is also possible to walk with a high knee lift, or, conversely, with the sweeping of the shins back.
In addition to exercises, physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis include physiotherapy and massage procedures. Massage is carried out differentially, asymmetrically. Pathologically strained muscles relax, and atrophied muscles - on the contrary, are stimulated. Among the physiotherapeutic procedures are shown: muscle electrical stimulation, magnet, electrophoresis, the use of paraffin and ozocerite.
The use of special orthopedic devices for exercise therapy is mandatory. Otherwise, the desired result will not be achieved. Children are shown wearing special corsets or orthoses. They are made of synthetic polymers, equipped with stiffeners of light metal, and are adjusted depending on the growth, width of the body, and even the localization of the curvature. To orthopedic adaptations carry special beds with an equal rigid bed on which the child not only sleeps, but sometimes spends a considerable part of a free time.
Individual exercise complex for scoliosis
Scoliosis is one of the most "difficult" diseases of the spine. Its roots originate in childhood, and the push to develop this disease is often the wrong posture. It would seem that it's easier to fix the curvature of the back from the right side and then follow the posture, but this task was not so easy to solve. The spine ossified as it grew older, and the disease started in adolescence was very difficult to treat. It became clear: the earlier to begin to counteract scoliosis, the more chances to cure it. Therapeutic physical training was recognized as one of the most effective methods of curing curvatures in children and adolescents. However, it is necessary to select it individually. Let's figure out which exercises for scoliosis can be suitable for the back, and which, in contrast, will cause harm.
Physiotherapy is an effective method of combating scoliosis, but it is necessary to select it individually
What exercises are suitable for scoliosis
By nature, scoliosis can be of various origins, and
- can be treated by gymnastics with a functional scoliosis associated with an incorrect distribution of muscle functions, resulting inpart of the muscle is in a constant reduced state
- post-traumatic scar scarry leading to contracture of the joints
Scoliosis exercises themselvesby themselves will not help if the disease caused:
- Dysplasia( fibrosis of bone tissue)
- Infectious bone processes( tuberculosis, osteomyelitis)
- Systemic diseases( osteoporosis, Bechterew's disease)
- Idiopathic causes( undiscovered nature)
- Diseases of the central nervous system( poliomyelitis)
- Congenitalmyopathy( muscle atrophy) and other congenital diseases
- Old injuries
Back exercises will help in the first and second stages of scoliosis. At the third, it is usually combined with the elimination of many inevitably arising internal problems. In the fourth, the most difficult stage, with birth defects are often resorted to a surgical operation.
Of course, completely eliminate the scoliosis of 2 nd - 3 rd stage with the help of therapeutic gymnastics will not work.
The objectives of the exercises for scoliosis
The following goals are set before exercise therapy:
- Reduce the degree of inclination of the curvature and thereby reduce the stage of the disease
- Relieve some muscle groups and strengthen the other
- Reduce the rotation of the vertebra( vertebra rotation relative to the vertical axis of the back), dangerous for curvatures of
- .scoliosis is aimed at normalization of respiratory function and blood circulation, suffering with this form of the disease
Independent selection of the complex blindly from the numerous videos in the internet -it is not exactly for scoliosis. Recently, often refer to some basic symmetrical exercises that you can apply yourself. But what does it mean - symmetrical exercises? You perform them with the same degree of strain for all the muscles of the back, while your muscular system is already working with impairments - one part of the muscles is overstrained, the other is relaxed. Hence, symmetrical exercises at best will not do harm, but they will not have any corrective meaning what they are intended for.
What exercises give the therapeutic effect of
The therapeutic effect is provided only by asymmetric exercises, the purpose of which is to relax the strained muscles from the direction of curvature and strengthen - from the opposite side of the
. These asymmetric exercises are better to perform prone, since the axial vertical loads in scoliosis are contraindicated.
Running, dancing, acrobatics, weightlifting - it is necessary to exclude such lessons unequivocally.
There are few real experts for such specific gymnastics to this day, and unfortunately, we must admit that an improperly chosen set of exercises for scoliosis instead of the promised beautiful posture can lead to an even greater exacerbation of the defect.
Often, slopes are assigned to the convexity of the curvature arc:
- for right-sided scoliosis - tilt to the right, since the spacing between the vertebrae increases in a fan-like manner exactly on the right
- with left-handed, respectively, the slopes to the left
It would seem, quite a logical solution, but it is fair in the presence of one arc, that is, with C-shaped scoliosis. And what exercises to apply, for example, with S-shaped curvature with right-sided thoracic scoliosis and left-sided - lumbar?
S-shaped scoliosis( right-sided thoracic and left-sided lumbar)
Examples of abnormal gymnastics
From the above picture it can be seen that by performing the correction of the thoracic spine with the right inclinations, we aggravate the curvature of the lumbar spine, directed to the left, further increasing and so largedistance between lumbar vertebrae. That is, the slopes to the right will aggravate the curvature of the back in the lower back, the slopes to the left - in the thoracic part.
Therefore, Katharina Schrot in her technique differentiated oblique exercises in complex cases of pathology. In the following figure, you can see inappropriate and correct types of exercises.
Catarina Schroth in her scoliosis treatment differentiated the slopes in complicated cases of
pathology. Many specialists, taking into account the correction of the spine in the frontal plane, forget about the existence of sagittal( lateral) bends:
- So, the torso of the trunk is also undesirable in scoliosis, as they lead toSmoothing of thoracic kyphosis
- Exercise on a horizontal surface face downward with an upward torso upward rise lead to an increase in lumbar lordosis( deflection forward) that leadto an incorrect load on the pelvis and may later become the cause of lumbosacral hernias.
The exercise can be modified by tilting the trunk downwards by placing the
bench under the basin. Exercises on the horizontal surface face downward with an upward torso upwards lead to an increase in the lumbar lordosis( bending back)
Not everyone also recognizes the many favorite "boat" exercises - with simultaneouslifting of legs and trunk, as well as "scissors" and "bicycle" for the treatment of curvature. The reason is the same - the increase in lumbar lordosis
The requirements for exercise therapy for scoliosis
The purpose of exercise therapy for scoliosis requires necessarily muscle testing, which is performed by the following methods:
- Electromagnetic scan
- Electro-puncture diagnostics
- Manual testing
The last method is the most affordable and common:The back muscles on the bulge side are strained and harder to touch.
Summing up, you can give such advice:
- Do not trust profane in such a delicate matter as treating the curvature of the spine. A high-level specialist
- is required to prescribe the treatment. The LFK is selected individually for each patient - there is no single one for all, as there are no similar diseases.
- The best method of scoliosis treatment today is still the method of Katharina Schrot
- Treatment can be complex including massage and correctorsposture
- Than performing a meaningless set of exercises from the complexes with the general inscription "from scoliosis", it is better not to do any physical education, at least before the examination of an experienced sensible doctor -oiled will, especially if children are involved
Video exercises for scoliosis
to the next video, posted in the article, treat carefully, not considering them to examination by a doctor as a guide to action.
Perhaps not all scoliosis exercises listed in them will work for you, because they are chosen for various forms of scoliosis, and this is their plus. Perform them only if you have an accurate diagnosis from a professional orthopedist.
Video exercises for right-sided thoracic scoliosis:.
Video exercises for S-shaped scoliosis: .
Video exercises with left-sided thoracic scoliosis: .
Video exercises for scoliosis: .
At 1 and 2 degrees of illness, significant improvements can be expected and full recovery achieved, at grade 3 and 4, exercises may not produce the desired effect. A scoliotic arch of more than 50 degrees is usually treated by surgical methods. Scoliosis is characterized by an s-shaped form, it has two arcs( Z-3 arcs) and therefore special exercises, different from the standard ones, are needed to correct it. In the period of active development of the child, at the age of 10-15 years, it is much easier to correct the curvature, since the formation of the body is not yet fully completed, but this does not mean that older people should underestimate the possibilities of therapeutic physical education. A lot depends on the person, his determination, will and firm mood for recovery.
The main goals of the exercise complex
There are five main goals that are pursued by physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis:
- Eliminate the imbalance of muscles and ligaments.
- Remove unnecessary strain on the spine.
- Correct posture.
- Provide general health effects on the body.
Rules for the use of exercise therapy for scoliosis
Like most methods of treatment, exercise therapy provides for the implementation of certain rules, compliance with which will allow the patient to get the maximum effect from physical education, and also to protect himself from unwanted consequences and injuries. The following rules should be known to everyone who seriously decided to start medical exercises:
- Before the classes begin, warm up to warm up and stretch muscles and ligaments.
- Exercises must be performed at a slow pace. You do not need to make sharp movements, perform jumps and various elements of acrobatics.
- It is necessary to exclude increased physical activity, therefore the use of a barbell and dumbbells is not permissible. The
- should be performed at the doctor's request, which has all the information about your type of scoliosis and can choose the most suitable exercises.
Complex of exercises for scoliosis
The complex of exercise therapy for scoliosis consists of warm-up, basic exercises and the final part. All proposed exercises are basic and symmetrical. To perform exercise therapy at home, it is best to do just such exercises, since they have less impact on the deformed spine, which reduces the risk of injury if they are not properly performed. Asymmetric types of exercises can have a greater therapeutic effect, but they should be selected exclusively by the attending physician.
Each exercise should be done 5-10 times:
- Lean your back against a wall or a flat vertical surface so that the heels, calf muscles and buttocks rest on it. Straighten your back, giving the posture anatomically correct position. Take a couple of steps forward, keeping the posture in the correct position. Breathe smoothly, without delay.
- The starting position is standing, hands along the trunk, legs on the width of the shoulders. Begin to do sit-ups, while stretching your arms forward, keep your back straight. Exercise slowly, during a squat, inhale, while lifting up - exhale.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands in a free position. At the expense of "1" inhale and at the same time raise both hands up, "2" make a stretch up and count "3" - exhale, lowering the hands at this moment. During the exercise, try to keep your back straight.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands freely lower along the trunk, straighten your back. Make 4 circular motions with your shoulders first back, then 4 same forward movements.
- In the standing position, raise the leg bent at the knee as high as possible and hold this post for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Similarly, we make movements with the other leg. Repeat the action 5 times with each foot.
Basic symmetrical exercises
- Lie on your back, lift your legs above the floor( about 30-40 degrees) and proceed to perform the movements of the scissors that simulate the work. Exercise in the horizontal and vertical plane. Perform 4 approaches( 2 per each plane).The duration of one approach is 30 seconds.(Fig. 1)
- The starting position is on all fours. Do not unbend, sit with your buttocks on your heels and point with your palms to the floor. With your hands, start moving your body first left, then right. Carry out movements slowly, lingering in each position for a few seconds. Perform 10 such movements( 5 on each side).(picture №2)
- Stand on all fours( knees on the floor, bend forward and put your hands on the floor).The legs and arms should be shoulder width apart. In this position, start to curve your back up, then reverse the deflection downwards. Do the exercise at a slow pace. Number of approaches - 5.( Fig. 3)
- Take a firm pillow, lay it on the floor and lay it on its belly. Clasp your hands behind the back of the castle. Begin to lift the body up to the maximum possible height, but do not overload the spine. You should have muscles of the lumbar spine. Make 10 of these ups.(Fig. 4)
- In standing position, place your feet shoulder width apart. Hands should be in a free position along the trunk. Move the blades and hold them in this position for about 5 seconds( use the muscles of the thoracic region of the back for this purpose), then return to the starting position. Repeat the above steps 10 times.(picture №5)
- Stand on all fours. In parallel, pull the left hand forward and the right foot back. Hold in this position for a few seconds, then change the position, stretching the right hand forward and the left leg respectively. The exercise must be repeated 10 times.(picture №6)
- Lie on your back bend your knees and press them against each other, hands should be spread apart, perpendicular to the body. Now start turning your head to the left side, and knees to the right, then change directions( head to the right, knees to the left).Exercise involves cervical and lumbar muscles, it needs to be done 7 times.(Fig. 7)
- Lie on the side, side with a curvature. In the waist area, you must put a soft cushion or a small pillow. Bend the knee in the knee located on top, and leave the bottom in the upright position. Raise the upper arm, hanging it over your head, with your bottom hand, grasp the neck by the bottom. Keep this position for 10 seconds, then lie on your back, relax. Repeat the arrival in this pose 5 times.(Fig. 8)
The final part of the
- Sit on the gym mat or soft carpet. Bend your knees and wrap your arms around them. Lay down in such a position on your back and start making rumblings from the neck to the sacral spine and back. This kind of massage will have a positive effect on the muscles and ligaments of the back. Repeat the action no more than 8 times.
- The starting position is standing, hands are held in the lock behind the back. We start walking on the heels for 30 seconds.
- In standing position, stretch your arms up, stand on your toes and walk about 30 seconds.
- We perform walking on the spot, while trying to raise the hips as high as possible. Duration - 30 seconds.
- Relax and restore breathing. Raise your hands up and at the same time take a deep breath, wait a couple of seconds slowly drop your hands and exhale.
After completing the lesson, take 10-15 minutes to rest. The above complex exercise should be performed every day. The effectiveness of training will depend directly on the regularity of their conduct and the correctness of the exercises.
A significant addition to exercise therapy will be preventive measures to help stop further disease progression. First of all, it is worth trying to lead an active lifestyle, not to engage in traumatic sports. The ideal choice is swimming, which is used to prevent and treat a variety of diseases of the spine. Swimming exercises allow you to relax, strengthen your muscular back corset and improve coordination of movements. Biking and skiing will also be useful, but only with moderate activity. In prevention, there are a number of recommendations to avoid an asymmetric strain on the back muscles, which will help maintain the spine in anatomically correct position. Let's select the most important ones:
- Always sit straight, do not bend your body too much and tilt your head forward as little as possible.
- The height of chairs and armchairs should be selected along the length of the shin, so when sitting your foot should not hang, but rest against the floor.
- If you spend a lot of time in a sitting position, it is recommended that you get up every 20 minutes and, if possible, warm up a little.
- During the day, periodically make slow deflections back, this will relieve tension from the muscles of the back.
- When it is necessary to stand for a long time, try alternately to rely first on one, and then on the other leg. Change the position every 10 minutes, this will reduce the burden on the spine.
- Do not carry weights in one hand, always evenly distribute the load on both hands.
- For rest use a bed with a medium-strength mattress, choose a small pillow for the neck to be in line with the rest of the spine.
Finally I would like to note that it is not necessary to independently develop a complex of exercise therapy for yourself, as well as to apply complex asymmetric exercises without agreement with a qualified doctor. Remember that such actions can only exacerbate the situation, lead to complications and accelerate the development of the disease.
LFK for scoliosis and other treatments |Life without scoliosis
Physiotherapy in scoliosis is shown to everyone. Here the main thing in the regularity of classes and correctly chosen exercises. Yoga in scoliosis should be done cautiously and every new exercise should be introduced gradually, observing yourself. The main disadvantage of various activities, such as yoga, pilates, fitness - is a symmetrical load.
The problem of exercise therapy for scoliosis in children is that, up to the age of 14, it is impossible to use muscle training and complex kinesitherapeutic movements in simulators to correct scoliosis to strengthen muscles.
LFK in scoliosis in children: how it can help
First of all, exercise therapy is a special set of exercise exercises for physiotherapy. They give metered loads to the muscles of the back and muscles located along the spinal column. These trainings have nothing to do with working in the gym or correcting the posture with the help of kinesitherapy. Children under 14 years of age are shown only rehabilitation training, as working with weights and dumbbell resistance may be too heavy for their muscles.
The effectiveness of exercise therapy in scoliosis is quite high. Exercises allow you to get rid of pain, widen the chest, visually improve the patient's condition. Together with orthopedic methods of treatment, exercise therapy can help significantly improve the condition of the spine. Children can be fully corrected posture without surgery.
LFK in scoliosis in children: where and how to
You can take a referral to the district therapist for the exercise of exercise therapy. Usually classes are held in municipal hospitals. Disadvantages of such exercise therapy are large groups, the lack of an individual approach to the child. Usually in a similar format, classes are conducted as general strengthening. It is strongly recommended that you go to the LFK together with the baby, as coaches do not always keep track of what your child is doing.
The second option - individual classes in the center of kinesitherapy. These are specialized orthopedic clinics. Here the instructor of LFK will select exercises for you individually. However, this is usually quite expensive.
Strangely enough, the most promising method is exercise therapy at home in combination with orthopedic treatment. Here a lot depends on the parents. You need daily lessons under control, and exactly how the complex will be performed depends on you. Usually, children are well inspired by personal example, so it makes sense to deal with the child.
Complex of basic exercises of exercise therapy for scoliosis:
- Lying on the back, hands on the back of the head. Dilute elbows to the sides( inhale), bring back( exhale) -( 3-4 times).
- Lying on the back. Alternately bend the legs, bringing the knee to the stomach( exhalation), and straighten them( inhale) -( 3-5 times).
- Lying on the back, legs bent at the knees. Raise the pelvis, caving in the thoracic spine( 3-4 times).
- Lying on the back. Pull one arm up, and the other( on the side of the bulge and curvature) - to the side( inhale), to lower the arms( exhalation) -( 4-5 times).
- Lying on the stomach. Raise the trunk, bending the thoracic spine( inhaling), lower( exhale) -( 4 times).
- Lying on the stomach, one hand on the back of the neck, the other on the chest from the side of the curved side of the curvature. Unbend the body( inhale), return to the starting position( exhalation) -( 3-4 times).
- Lying on the stomach, hands along the body, palms down. To lift legs alternately with simultaneous lifting of the trunk, leaning on the hands( inhaling), upon returning to the initial position - exhalation -( 3-4 times).
- Lying on the stomach. Take your legs to the side on the convex side of the curvature of the lumbar spine, then return to the starting position. Respiration is arbitrary( 3-4 times).
- Lying on its side, on a cotton swab on the convex side of the curvature of the thoracic spine. Throw your hands behind your head( inhale), lower( exhale).Perform at a slow pace( 3-4 times).
- Standing on all fours. Simultaneously extend the right leg and left arm( inhalation), return to the starting position( exhalation);repeat with the other leg and hand( 4-6 times).
- Standing on all fours. Bend hands in elbows until the breast contacts the floor / couch surface. Respiration is arbitrary( 3-4 times).
- Lying on the back, hands along the body. At the same time, raise your hands up( inhale) and lower( exhale) -( 3-4 times).
If you have a 1 degree scoliosis exercise the following are shown:
The pace of the exercise is slow. It is recommended to make a small delay in the extreme position. After classes, rest is useful for 15-20 minutes( lying in a hammock or just on one side).Performing medical gymnastics in scoliosis is needed daily. The task of exercise therapy for scoliosis is to relax the strained muscles and strengthen the weak muscles, while starting with the muscles of the legs, then the hips, the press and, lastly, the backs.
Respiratory gymnastics in scoliosis, the so-called breath by the Schroth, is useful, but it will be learned quite easily by yourself. Its essence is the inhalation and exhalation of one half of the lungs.
Swim is also effective in scoliosis. But as with LFK, you need to pay attention to the fact that the loads meet the requirements of the muscles - some strengthen, others relax.