The role of gymnastics and other non-drug methods in sciatica
Sciatic nerve inflammation( sciatica, ischialgia) is a very common problem. If a neurologist has diagnosed this to you, he will prescribe a comprehensive treatment for sciatica, which, in addition to medicines, may include non-drug methods of affecting the sciatic nerve. These include: physiotherapy, massage, yoga and therapeutic gymnastics in ischias. Although they are partially available for independent use at home, the appointment of a doctor and the determination of the cause of sciatica are mandatory. A key role in reducing the pain syndrome, preventing relapses is played by gymnastics in sciatica, as well as yoga.
When you visit a doctor, the following physical procedures are often prescribed:
- Magnetotherapy. Reduces pain, swelling and inflammation. Under the action of the magnetic field, the restoration processes in the tissues around the sciatic nerve are more active.
- Laser therapy. Anesthetizes, relieves swelling, the surrounding nerve, improves blood flow in the capillaries, speeds up metabolic processes in tissues.
- UHF.It has a warming effect, thereby improving local blood flow, reducing pain and inflammatory changes around the nerve.
- Electrophoresis. This method allows you to inject the drug directly into the tissues surrounding the nerve. Apply drugs with anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Indications for all these techniques is the pain syndrome along the sciatic nerve.
Contraindications for all types of physical procedures are:
- stage III hypertension, hypertensive crisis, recent AMI and ONMC;
- blood diseases, especially clotting disorders;
- oncological diseases, tuberculosis, infectious diseases in acute period;
- skin and allergic diseases( if the rash is located in the area of exposure).
Gymnastics for sciatica is necessary during an exacerbation and for the prevention of relapses, as physical education not only helps to relieve pain, but also affects its cause - spine pathology or muscle spasms. Doing exercises with ischialgia is necessary under the supervision of a specialist of exercise therapy( at least the first few times), then you can proceed to self-study at home.
The complex must be repeated every day, you can make two or three approaches per day. All the exercises for sciatica should be done smoothly, without jerking, to avoid nerve irritation, overstrain of the hip muscles and buttocks.
Contraindications to exercise therapy:
- exacerbation and decompensation of chronic diseases;
- purulent processes;
- high body temperature;
- marked pain along the nerve.
Basic complex of exercise therapy in sciatica
- Lying on your back, put your hands behind your head. Raise the knee to your stomach, hold it. Bend the leg, then do 8 reps with each leg.
- Sitting on the floor, put the hands next to the buttocks. Bend and unbend the knees, sliding feet on the floor. Repeat several times.
- Lying on your back, bend your knees, gently push the pelvis up. Do 20 repetitions.
- Lower the knees one by one, holding them for 5 seconds. Carry out a few repetitions for each side.
- Lying on your right side, lift your left leg and arm slightly. Pull the left knee to the stomach, hold it for a few seconds, straighten the leg. Do a few repetitions, then turn to the left side.
- Get on your knees, hands clasp in the lock. Open your arms to the sides, leaning back. Perform the exercise 15 times.
- Lying on your stomach, stretch your arms to the sides. At the same time, raise your legs and arms and slowly lower them. Perform 15 times.
- Lying on your stomach, rest your palms on the floor and push the hips upward, straightening your hands. Remain in this position for 20 seconds, drop to the floor and repeat 8 times.
- Sitting on the floor, bend your knees, hands behind your head. Twist the body alternately in both directions, delaying for 3-5 seconds. Execute 8 times.
- Leaning on your knees, bend and round your lower back with smooth movements, make at least 7 repetitions.
- Get on your knees, stretch your palm to the opposite heel, change your hand. Do a few repetitions.
- Get on your knees, put one palm on the floor. Straighten the other hand and pull it upward. Carry out 15 circular motions with your hand, change your hand.
- Stand up steadily, lean forward, dropping straight hands. Smooth movement straighten, slightly bent in the lower back and lifting his chin. Do a few repetitions.
Asanas from yoga
Alternative to exercise therapy in ischialgia can offer yoga. With a competent approach, yoga allows you to relax your muscles well.
For prevention of exacerbations of sciatica, the following asanas can be recommended:
- Sitting on the floor, transfer the right foot through the left knee. With your left hand, reach for the floor through the right knee. Stay in this position for about a minute, then follow the other side.
- Sitting on the floor, slightly bend the right leg. Lay the left heel above the right knee. Gently pull your hips to your chest. Fix this position for a couple of minutes, then repeat for the other leg.
- Make a wide step forward with your left foot, the stops are placed one behind the other. Tilting the case down, lower the right hand to the left foot. Hold this way for a few breaths and then exhale on the other side.
Yoga helps not only to relieve the strangulated sciatic nerve, but also promotes general relaxation, which is very important with sciatica. Exercises are simple enough, you will master them, even if yoga has not been familiar to you before.
Massage with nerve inflammation
Can be used both during exacerbation and with pain reduction. The contraindications are the same as for physiotherapy.
Massage with sciatica is done in the area of the waist, buttocks, hamstring, shin and foot on the side of the lesion. With severe pain massage movements are very light, stroking, so as not to irritate the nerve. When the pain subsides, you can move on to a more intense massage of the area where the sciatic nerve passes.
Technique of jar massage
Lubricate with massage oil, baby cream, loin area and buttock. Prepare a jar for massage: light a match and bring the flame inside to create a vacuum. The ready-made jar is tightly pressed against the skin of the loin where it hurts, slowly leading the jar over the skin, moving in a spiral. Thus, massage the area of the waist and the buttock on the side of the pain for about 5 minutes. The procedure should be repeated daily until the pain disappears.
Treatment of sciatica nerve inflammation medicamentally and phys.procedures
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve of the human body, its branches innervate almost the entire lower limb, ensuring the normal functioning of all anatomical formations( muscles, joints, ligaments).When pinching and squeezing, the sciatic nerve is very sore, in this case it is said that sciatica developed.
Sciatica( lumbosacral radiculitis) is inherently pain in the lumbosacral region and buttock, extending to the posterior surface of the thigh on the side of the lesion, as well as to the shin and foot. As a rule, only one side is affected. Patients complain of acute "shooting" pain in the leg, there may be numbness of the toes, a burning sensation or tingling sensations. The attack is sometimes so strongly pronounced that a person can neither walk, nor sit, nor sleep.
In inflammation of the sciatic nerve, the nerve roots of the lumbosacral plexus are primarily affected. The sciatic nerve carries both motor and sensory fibers; therefore, when it is affected, two types of disorders will be noted: motor disorders( weakness and difficulty in limb movements) and sensitivity disorders( numbness, pain, crawling, etc.).Since some branches of the sciatic nerve innervate the muscles and organs of the small pelvis, one of the most severe symptoms is a violation of the function of the pelvic organs( incontinence of urine and feces).
The cause of the appearance of such intolerable acute pain may be a lifting of the heaviness, and intervertebral hernia, and osteochondrosis, and pear-shaped muscle syndrome, etc. The intensity of pain in these diseases is different. At the same time, it always has a paroxysmal character, that is, it gradually builds up, and then subsides independently or during any movement.
Diagnosis of sciatica
Sciatica is not a diagnosis, but rather a pain syndrome, the cause of which is established by special studies. The patient must perform radiographic examination and MRI of the sacral area. Examination of this area is carried out only after preliminary cleaning of the intestine, otherwise its contents will prevent a full examination of bone structures.
Additionally, an electroneuromyography is performed to assess the condition of the muscles and the speed of the pulse. Ultrasonic dopplerography makes it possible to differentiate pains of vascular origin from neurological and vertebrogenic ones.
How to treat sciatica inflammation
Treatment of sciatica is a treatment for pain, in other words. And how can I stop the pain syndrome? Usually with vertebrogenic diseases that cause this pain, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( Ibuprofen, Diclofenac) or corticosteroids are effective with a good effect. When this treatment is ineffective, epidural blockades( novocain blockades) are resorted.
In addition, injections of vitamins B6, B12 are always prescribed.
Physiotherapy( UHF, diadynamic currents, magnetotherapy, paraffin applications, electrophoresis with drugs, iontophoresis), massage, manual therapy, acupuncture, electromyostimulation and special fixation belts are prescribed from auxiliary methods, and therapeutic gymnastics as the pain subsides.
Sciatic nerve medication is not indicated with large herniated intervertebral disc or tumor. In this case, after careful examination, the patient is offered surgical treatment( tumor removal, microdiscectomy, laminoplasty).
As with any pathology of the spine, it is recommended that active, healthy lifestyles be administered in sciatica. Be sure to regularly perform gymnastics aimed at strengthening the muscles of the back, and follow the posture. Very effective in the fight against radiculitis may be yoga, which is recommended for many diseases of the spinal column.
During work it is necessary to do small breaks for warm-up - stretch marks, to try not to lift weights and not to supercool. Women who occasionally note discomfort in the lower back should give up shoes with high heels.
Gymnastics for a pinch of the sciatic nerve
Gymnastics in the treatment of sciatica is an extremely effective way to restore lost functions. During the exercise, blood circulation increases, muscles are saturated with blood, rich in oxygen and nutrients, the metabolism is normalized and activated, and the products of inflammation decay and are eliminated from the body.
In sciatica, it is recommended to perform the following set of exercises:
- The first exercise is performed lying on the back on a hard surface( floor), legs are stretched out. It is necessary to slowly bend the legs in the knees and pull them to the chest, while the muscles of the lumbosacral region are stretched. At the maximum point we will be delayed for a minute, then we will return to the starting position.
- The second exercise is performed lying on the abdomen, arms bent at the elbows, rise to them, stretch the maximum back and stay in this position for 15 seconds. Then relax and return to the starting position.
- The third exercise is performed lying on the back. It should be, straining the muscles of the back, as much as possible pressing on the spine.
Each exercise is repeated for 10 repetitions. To prevent attacks, you should perform stretching exercises.
A selection of the best exercises for sciatica
Problems with the spine in our time is not a rare phenomenon. One of the most common diseases is sciatica. Inflammation of the sciatic nerve is quite a complicated disease that can affect both the elderly person and the young. Thanks to a special medical complex, the inflammation can be treated, while eliminating its causes and the pain itself.
Causes and Symptoms of SciaticaInflammation of the sciatic nerve is a consequence of a number of different diseases.
Among them are: osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, herniated discs, lumbosacral radiculitis, as a result of hypothermia, inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs - the uterus, small intestine, bladder, as well as infectious diseases like tuberculosis and others.
The most common cause of sciatica is injuries of the spine.
This variety of causes provides a mass of symptoms of the disease.
- The most common manifestation of sciatica is pain in the leg.
It extends the entire length of the to the fingertips of the , originating in the lumbar spine and passing through the buttock and femur.
It happens that only in one part of the foot occurs in the knee or, for example, on the toes, which is manifested in their numbness.
- Inflammation of the sciatic nerve affects in most cases one limb of , but it also happens that pain permeates both legs simultaneously.
- Sometimes, sometimes, the pain affects only the lower back, while the degree of pain can be of a different nature - , shooting pain, burning and pricking .There is a feeling of "goose bumps" and numbness.
- In general, the pain can be unbearable - a person can not sit, walk or bend. The patient, unwittingly, can tilt the body slightly to the side or forward, and the gait can become a bit asymmetric .
The Importance of Exercises in Sciatica
At the first manifestations of sciatica - pains in the limbs, buttocks, lower back, inability to move normally, it is necessary to start immediate treatment.Treatment is medication that does not contain steroids and can eliminate inflammation.
But in addition to drugs the most important in the treatment is the performance of exercises that are designed to relax the sick areas and remove pain, also stimulate the bloodstream to the affected area.
The therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastic complex for sciatica is appointed directly by the doctor, based on the causes of the disease.
This gymnastics is able to improve metabolism and accelerates the healing process of .With the right selection of exercises to get rid of the pain sometimes it is possible in a few days. Exercise is performed both under the supervision of a specialist, and at home. But they should be done with caution and without sudden movements, so as not to aggravate the situation.
It should be noted that there are a number of people who exercise are contraindicated, such as people with diabetes mellitus .Patients often ignore and, at times, underestimate the importance of the doctor's prescribed exercises for sciatica. Most people suffering from sciatica believe that drugs are more effective than curative gymnastics. This opinion is fundamentally flawed.
After all, the correct load can activate muscles, while improving blood circulation and relieve inflammation and pain, activate metabolism.
In addition, with the help of exercises, it is possible for not only to get rid of the symptoms of the disease, but also to eliminate other problems with the spine of , which can also directly cause sciatica. The most important thing is the correct execution of the exercises. The effectiveness of gymnastics will be at the highest level only if you adhere to the main recommendations at runtime:
- At first, it is best to perform gymnastic exercises under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
- If an attack of sciatica is acute, then breaks of several days are allowed, but then immediately begin to perform the exercise in the rhythm that allows the patient's current health.
- Exercises will be most effective if you do them at least twice a day, and it is best to break into several parts and perform throughout the day.
- The most important thing is the regularity of execution. If you do not have the strength or desire, then it's better to do at least half the power than completely cancel the whole complex.
- Gymnastic exercises for sciatic nerve inflammation are done only on a hard surface.
Exercises in the prone position
Click on the picture to enlargeLie back on a firm surface, then pull up the knees bent at the knees and clasp your buttocks. In this situation, you should stay no more than one minute, then you need to straighten your legs slowly and put them on the floor, hands should lie along the body. Do this exercise should up to 10 times .
Turn over on your side, with your legs bent at the knees, pulling them to the body as much as possible, while pulling the socks. Move to the starting position. Such an exercise will warm up a number of muscles of the thoracic, lumbar and cervical spine. Perform the exercise you need 10 times in a row.Lie on your stomach. In the supine position, lift the entire body, while the arms are bent and bent, as with push-ups. The legs lie still.
This exercise begins with 5 times in one approach, gradually increasing the number of executions to the maximum possible.
Examples of some exercises can be seen on the video:
Exercises in standing position
Take position standing with the legs spread apart on the width of the shoulders. It is necessary to stand on a firm and level surface. One hand remains lowered along the body, the other one needs to be lifted upwards. Raise your hands in turn while doing slopes in the opposite the side of the raised hand.This exercise should be done without sudden movements, but at the same time apply maximum force when tilting down. It is advisable to perform 10 inclinations: 5 in one direction, and 5 in another. Adhering to small pauses between them. Thanks to this exercise, you will improve the flow of blood to many muscles: hands, abdomen, legs.
There are a few exercises in a standing position that will relieve the pain in sciatica:
These exercises will be a good way of for the prevention of sciatica .You can perform as morning exercises, including in the gym and other exercises.
In this way, the pain will not overtake you all at once. The load should be increased gradually, evenly training the muscles.
Exercises for sciatica sitting
Click on the picture to enlarge it!
Sit flat on a chair and cross both legs. The back remains straight. With your hands behind your head, turn your body in different directions. Do 5 turns in each direction. After a short pause, change your legs and repeat the exercise.
Sitting on the floor with straight legs, spread wide arms at shoulder level. Raise your hands to the sides you need as much as possible. In this case, do not make sharp movements, you need to perform smoothly and gently. Do 6 times , then return to the starting position.In the same position, put your hands behind your head, and lower the body on your back. Raise your legs wide apart. The blades must remain stationary. Fixing the position of the legs can be lowered and take the starting position - sitting. Avoid sudden movements.
Standing on your knees raise your hands above your head, without bending them. Fingers in the lock. Do a slow tilt forward as if trying to touch the floor at the maximum possible. And we return to the previous position.
An example of a set of exercises you can take with the video:
Do not forget that in addition to therapeutic exercise in the treatment of sciatica, you will be helped by cycling, swimming and running.
If you are concerned about severe pain, does not begin self-treatment with .It is best to go to the clinic to the manual therapist, who will be able to pick up an individual set of exercises. Which will be most effective in your case.
Here are some testimonials from clinic clients:
Margarita, patient of the "Be Healthy!" Clinic, Moscow:
"Friends advised" Be Healthy ", as they themselves were serviced. I had to use the clinic several times.
I can note that there are positive sides. Everything goes according to the record, and this excludes the presence of a queue and a great clash of people. Everything is directed to the client and to attract him. There is a database for each client. I am sometimes concerned about pain in sciatica.
I was helped by specialists to get rid of them. I had a few, well, this is not the main thing for me. I do not regret that I asked for help. "
Dmitry, patient of the "Clinic of the problems of the spine of Dr. Shmakov", St. Petersburg:
"I've been tormented for a long time with my back. Frequent pains led me to a state of existence. The Sami's movements were not at all real for me.
I went to the clinic of Dr. Shmakov and received the help of a qualified specialist. I am very grateful! I was not only given valuable recommendations, held with me all the necessary therapeutic and prophylactic complex of exercises, and even talked about how with a person heart to heart.
Today, not everyone knows what disease is hidden behind the name of sciatica. And it is not surprising, because it is unofficial, in addition, somewhat outdated. It is more correct to call it lumbosacral radiculitis.
Secondly, it should be noted that sciatica is not an independent disease, but only a syndrome, a symptom of some other disease. It affects the largest nerve of the human body - from here and the name is sciatica sciatica inflammation. It begins in the lumbar region, passes through the gluteus and the back of the thigh to the Achilles tendon. Accordingly, all causes of sciatica are somehow connected with the spine.to content ↑
Causes of inflammation of the disease
Sometimes it is said that the disease of sciatica, like many other diseases, is a person's payment for uprightness. The spine can not always withstand such loads, especially the most mobile and loaded parts of it: cervical and vertebral.
Therefore, many causes of sciatica are connected with the spine:
- Herniated disc. It is this disease that most often leads to the appearance of sciatica.
- Infectious diseases. The second most common cause is infectious diseases, which cause inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Among the most probable factors: tuberculosis, influenza, scarlet fever, malaria, typhoid, syphilis and sepsis. In some cases, the inflammation may spread from the organs located next to the sciatic nerve.
- Some forms of body intoxication. They can be both internal( gout, diabetes), and external( lead poisoning, arsenic, alcoholism).
- Vertebrae osteophytes. Osteophyte - a small bone growth on the surface of the vertebrae. They squeeze the roots of nerves, which leads to their inflammation.
- Tumors of the spine. Both benign and malignant tumors located in the spine can lead to deformation of the vertebrae, cause inflammation of the nerves.
- Pregnancy. With a weak muscle frame, pregnancy can become too much strain on the spine.
There are other reasons: injuries, overstrain, excessive stress on the spine and so on.
Symptoms of the manifestation of the disease
In most cases, sciatica has several types of manifestations:
- Pain .It can be weak or strong, sharp, sharp, daggerlike. Often it accompanies physical activity, hypothermia, lifting of gravity, some movements. Localization can be very different: from the waist and to the feet. Most often, sciatica captures only one leg, but if both nerves are affected, the pain intensifies many times.
- Sensitivity change .In some cases, the manifestation of sciatica is the change in skin sensitivity of one or both legs. This can be a reduction in sensitivity, numbness, phantom sensations, and so on.
- Forced posture and movement .The inflamed nerve causes the person to take forced postures, easing the pain when moving or sitting. In severe cases, you may get lameness.
- Muscle atrophy .Due to the violation of nerve conduction, muscle atrophy can begin.
- Change of the skin and its appendage c. In some cases, the structure of the skin may change. It becomes dry and thinned, pale or red, sweating of the skin is broken, nails can become brittle.
Similar signs clearly indicate the development of sciatica, but additional examination may still be required.to the contents ↑
In most cases, the doctor has enough patient complaints and initial examination to make a diagnosis, but to determine the form and, most importantly, the reasons, a certain examination may be required:
- Reflex check .First of all, the doctor checks the Achilles, knee, and plantar reflexes. With sciatica, they will be significantly reduced or even completely absent. Symptoms of .The doctor checks for symptoms of Lassega and Bonnet - the appearance of pain with a horizontal lift of the leg from the prone position on the abdomen and on the back.
- Radiography .This simple and accessible diagnostic method allows you to see the change in the structure of the vertebrae that led to the appearance of sciatica.
- Computer and magnetic resonance imaging .These methods allow you to accurately determine the structure of the spine and surrounding tissues.
- Electroneuromyography .With the help of this method of diagnosis, the doctor can determine the patency of nerve impulses through the sciatic nerve.
With these methods, it is possible to determine the degree and shape of sciatica with high accuracy. But in addition, diagnostics may be required to find the root cause of sciatica.
Recommendations of specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of sciatica sciatica look in the video.
How to treat pain in sciatica sciatica
In the treatment of sciatica sciatica, several purposes are pursued:
- Relieve pain and normalize mobility.
- Eliminate the root cause of the disease.
- Prevent progression of the disease and deterioration of the person.
And if the second item is more dependent on the causes of sciatica, then to implement the first and third in most cases, take similar actions:
- Medical treatment of sciatica .Can be used over-the-counter painkillers for the treatment of sciatica, as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as diclofenac, diclac, ibuprofen and so on. For a short time, pain can remove the Novocaine blockade. But all these methods have no effect on the cause of the problem.
- Massage .With the help of massage with sciatica, pain can be alleviated, as well as increased mobility. It can be carried out even in an acute period, only the intensity and the tried techniques are changed.
- Therapeutic gymnastics .Regular repetition of specially selected exercises helps to strengthen the muscles of the back and increase mobility.
- Physiotherapy .With sciatica, try laser therapy, UHF, electrophoresis, magnetotherapy and a number of other methods.
At the same time, sometimes alternative therapies are used: reflexology, manual therapy, acupuncture, hirudotherapy, and so on. For each individual case it is necessary to develop its own unique therapy regimen, corresponding to the cause and severity of the disease.
A video about the correct performance of sciatica sciatica exercises.
Correctly conduct a massage session with a sciatic nerve, see the video.
Exercises and other techniques for the treatment of sciatica nerve
Physiotherapy( LFK) for sciatica
Various complexes effectively help to stop the symptoms of inflammation. Exercises in the disease for the sciatic nerve help reduce its compression, reduce excessive muscle tension, improve blood circulation. With muscle hypotrophy, exercise helps to increase muscle volume and strength.
In addition to traditional exercise therapy it is recommended to practice in the pool, resort to the eastern methods. For example, will help relieve stress Chinese gymnastics qigong and yoga. A good effect is noted when combining exercise therapy and massage( classical and spot).
When starting any of the systems of exercise therapy, you need to take into account that the pain syndrome in inflammation can increase, so this method of treatment is resorted only after the relief of acute conditions.
Any movement should be smooth, avoid sharp and jerky. LFK assumes occupations in a standing position, lying on his side and on his back. First, each exercise is performed 5 times, then the amount is gradually increased to 10-15.
Exercises in the standing position with sciatic nerve
The following actions will help you:
- walking with a high rise of the knees;
- slow torso bends to the sides;
- with the emphasis of hands on the wall to carry out swings a straight leg to the sides and back;
- tilts forward( eliminated with severe pain along the back of the thigh).
Exercises in the supine position:
- align your leg, pull your fingers to it, then pull it forward;
- align the foot, do a circular motion of the foot in a clockwise motion;
- bend the limb to the side;
- bend the leg in the knee, gently pull forward and up.
Exercises in the supine position on sciatica nerve:
- both limbs bend, bring to the stomach, straighten;
- lower leg bend in the knee, pull the upper one and move it forward;
- position, as in the previous exercise, but the upper leg is retracted.
Exercises in a standing position on all fours:
- align limbs, make smooth swings up and down;
- bend the leg in the knee, bring to the stomach, pull back, straighten;
- even foot to make several circular motions;
- slowly crouch on the heels, then take the starting position.
Qigong Yoga and Gymnastics Exercises for the Treatment of the Sciatic Nerve
Like any other technique, yoga should only be used during the remission period of the disease. It is best to be supervised by a qualified instructor who will supervise the whole process. In addition, the specialist will show how to breathe properly, because this moment is very important in the technique.
The initial stage of Chinese Qigong gymnastics is divided into three stages: relaxation and rest, three breaths and exhalations, three opening and closing. Gymnastics Qigong helps to relax the muscles, reduce the severity of the pain syndrome, improve blood circulation. It can be used as a preventive measure of sciatica, and is also recommended for somatic diseases in chronic form.
Physical exercises in the pool
Such measures effectively affect both the elimination of pathology, and the entire body as a whole. They help to strengthen the muscles, improve motor activity, reduce the compression of the nerve in sciatica.
Water during exercises should reach the shoulders. Each of these movements must be performed about 10 times. As a rule, the complex consists of the following exercises: walking with intense overcoming of resistance;the description of the semicircles by a straightened limb in a clockwise and counterclockwise motion;sweeping the lower extremities back and forth;lean against the edge of the pool with his hands, pull the limbs back, alternately perform them mahi.
Exercises of Bubnovsky - kinesitherapy for sciatic nerve
The essence of the method is the use of force simulators and various movements. Using a properly selected complex, you can get rid of muscle swelling. Therapeutic exercise is also necessary for improving blood circulation in the problem area.
For each patient, the training package should be selected individually. As this technique becomes more popular, new programs are being developed. The big plus is that the lessons on this technique do not require special physical training, the health system is excellent for all categories of patients, including the elderly.
The Bubnovsky system is formed not only around physical activities. Loads are selected for specific muscle groups. Attention is also paid to self-discipline and regularity of implementation. When pinching the sciatic nerve, the exercises and gymnastics described below are recommended.
Painful sensations during sciatica provoke considerable discomfort.
If the pathology is caused by problems with the position of the spine, the Bubnovsky complex will do the best - the musculoskeletal function will recover and improve:
- Relaxation and deflection of the back. IP - standing on all fours. You need to feel the dorsal muscles, and then relax them. After that, on the inspiration, the back bends, but on the exhalation it arches. Repeat 20 times at a moderate pace;
- Stretching muscles. IP - on all fours. The right leg is pushed back, and the left one sits down. In this position, the left limb is pulled forward, sinking as low as possible into the body. On each leg 20 repetitions;
- Slopes. PI - as in the previous exercise. The whole body is stretched forward, with the muscles of the waist not involved. You need to keep balance, watch your breathing and not rush;
- Back stretching. PI - as in the previous one. On exhalation, the body sinks to the floor on bent hands. On inhalation they return to the FE, focusing on the heels. Repeat 6 times;
- Press. Lie on your back, hands clasped behind your head, bend your knees. The body is raised, touching the elbows of the knees.
Adaptive gymnastics of Bubnovsky
This complex will help those who are just starting to implement the course of the above exercises. It helps to strengthen and stretch the muscles. Go to the gym only on an empty stomach.
It's better to borrow in the morning or in the evening. Lead time is at least 20 minutes. The allocation of sweat is a sign of the effectiveness of classes.
After these, it is recommended to take a normal or contrast shower:
- IP - sitting on the heels. On inhalation, they rise, spreading their arms out to the sides, taking their exhalation on exhalation;
- Cleansing breath - put your hands on your stomach, breathe out your air through the compressed lips;
- Strengthening of the press. Lie on your back, bend your knees. On each exhalation the body is raised;
- PI - as in the previous exercise. One leg is thrown on the other. Perform the same lifting of the body, but diagonally;
- In a prone position, slowly raise and lower the pelvis;
- Standing on your knees, make a turn of the pelvis, lifting your knees;
- IP - on your knees. Perform the slope of the body forward and back;
- They lie on the stomach, straightened legs are torn from the floor. Alternate with the torso elevations;
- Lying on one side, raising the lower limb upwards, lingering in the middle of the swing. Alternate with another limb;
- Push-ups from the floor;
- Movement on the gluteal muscles in the sitting position;
- Standing on all fours, swinging back and forth.
Bubnovsky's methods can be used both for prevention purposes and as the main treatment.
Complexes are focused on strengthening the muscles and improving blood supply. Perform them systematically and efficiently. It is not recommended to select exercises independently, as each complex is designed for different muscle groups.