The correct exercises for scoliosis, the five rules of medical gymnastics
No modern medicine can perform the tasks of exercise therapy in scoliosis. Regular exercises help:
- to return elasticity and strength to the muscles that need it, to form a muscular skeleton of the spine;
- relieve the pathological tension from the muscles;
- to stop the progression of the disease( increase the angle of curvature of the spine);
- intensify the work of the cardiovascular system, improve breathing;
- reduce or completely remove lateral curvature of the spine.
That is why therapeutic physical training in scoliosis is the leading method of conservative treatment, that is recognized by orthopedists and vertebrologists( specialists in the problems of the spine) all over the world. Complexes of exercises are used as the only and independent therapy for correcting the pathological bending of the spine at the initial stages of the disease. They must be used in the complex treatment of 3 and 4 stages of scoliosis.
In the vast majority of cases, scoliosis develops during the period of intensive growth of the child. At this time, all segments of the spine are quite unstable, so the physical impact on them should be extremely professional and extremely cautious. Otherwise, you can cause serious harm: aggravate the angle of curvature, pinch internal organs, disrupt the work of the heart or respiratory system.
To make sense of the exercises, the exercises should be selected taking into account the pathology in which the spine section. They must be performed regularly, but the instructor should teach the technique of execution.
Read more: four kinds of loads in a complex of gymnastics in scoliosis, the five most effective exercises in the treatment of pathology from Swiss vertebrologists.
Five rules for exercise therapy
It is important that the gymnastics in scoliosis correspond to five special requirements, which must be taken into account when designing the treatment complex.
The most important thing is to exclude all kinds of exercises that can aggravate the condition of the spine:
- pulling up and hanging on the crossbar or the Swedish wall;
- elements of acrobatics: flip-flops, jumps, exercise "swallow";
- weight training with weights and dumbbells;
- fast running;
- all kinds of jumps;
- torso rotation in an upright position.
The first classes are held at a slow pace. It is necessary to constantly pay attention to the reaction of the body to each exercise.
The loads and the number of repetitions are set gradually: so as not to overstrain the muscles and spine.
Exercises should only be designed for passive spinal traction.
Regular alternation of exercises for the muscles of the shoulder girdle with exercises for the lumbar region and legs.
All prescribed by the doctor exercises for scoliosis should be performed daily, without interruptions. After classes, make sure you have a half-hour rest, lying on your side.
Three stages of training with scoliosis
Each exercise of exercise therapy in scoliosis is strictly in accordance with the training plan, which allows you to achieve the maximum effect from each exercise.Stage of study Objectives of
1. Warm up
Preparation of ligament apparatus for carrying out basic loads, stimulation of blood circulation in muscle tissues, setting the rhythm of breathing.
2. Basic loads
Correction of pathological curvature, stimulation of motor activity of muscles, restoration of normal functions of internal systems of the body.
Gradual decrease in the load, restoring the habitual rhythm of breathing.
At each stage of the exercise, the physician of the exercise room pays special attention to proper breathing. This is important for stimulating the work of the lungs and additional flow of oxygen to the muscles.
Exemplary set of exercises
Remember that every element of physiotherapy in scoliosis is selected individually. The complex presented in the article is an example of a standard occupation.
1. Warm up
All exercises begin with straightening of the back: press against any flat vertical surface with your back;check that it touches the calves, buttocks and shoulder blades. Try to memorize the position of your body and not change it;back out in two steps.
And now the exercises themselves:Starting position( IP) Technique for performing
Stand upright, feet shoulder width
Raise both hands simultaneously, spread them apart and slightly back. Repeat 4 times.
Stand up straight, legs together, hands on the belt
Alternately bend the legs in the knees, lifting them slightly upwards, then take a shallow squeeze. Repeat 3-5 times.
Walking in place. Do not raise your knees high while walking. At the expense of "one, two," breathe in, into "three, four" - exhalation. During an inspiration, raise your hands through the sides upwards, gradually lower them when exhaling.
2. Basic exercisesIP Technique for performing
Lie on your back, hands behind your head
Inhale elbows spread apart, on exhalation take the initial position. Repeat 5 times.
Bend one leg and pull the knee to the stomach, repeat the same with the other foot, then - both together. Repeat 3-4 times.
Lie on your stomach, pull your arms at the seams, palms rest on the floor
On inspiration, leaning on your hands, try to lift one leg up as far as you can. On exhalation, return to the starting position. Repeat with the other foot. Exercise at least 3.
Lie on your back, arms extended above your head.
Passive stretching. On inhaling, try to pull your head and shoulders up, and your legs at this time down.
Lie on your belly
Simultaneously simulate movements while swimming with your hands and feet.
3. Final ExercisesИП Technique for performing
Stand up straight, hands on belt
Walking in place. While walking on inspiration, raise your hands up and at the same time go to walking on your toes. On exhalation, lower your arms and step on your heels.
Walk high up your knees.
An approximate set of exercises for the treatment of scoliosis.
Click on the photo to enlarge.
Top Five Exercises for Scoliosis
Swiss vertebrologists and orthopedists together with LFK specialists have developed a set of exercises, the implementation of which allows the most effective effect on the main muscle groups, increasing their elasticity and elasticity.Why do I run the Technique
For the back muscles
For lateral muscles
For abdominal muscles
Lie on your back, hands at the seams. Raise one leg without bending the knee, and hold it for a few seconds. Repeat with the other foot, too. Then lift both feet together. Start with 3 times, increasing the load up to 7 times.
For correcting the posture
Lie on your back. Feet together, hands along the body. Raise your shoulders and head for a second. Lower slowly, without jerking.
For correcting the spine
Prepare a small package with sand, not more than 1 kg. Sit on a chair and arrange the package not to the head so that it does not fall. Slowly get up and walk a little, holding the bag on your head.
Types of loads of exercise therapy
Lateral curvature of the spine is a heavy load for the ligament apparatus. In paired muscles, there are significant differences in tension. The convex side of the muscle is constantly toned, which gradually leads to a loss of contractility. Their paired "opponents" on the other hand, on the other hand, always stay in a shortened, relaxed state. The absence of movements weakens them and can gradually lead to atrophy.
Therefore, physical therapy for scoliosis should include four types of loads:
Asymmetric. Calculated for muscle training only on one side of the trunk, while the opposite muscle group is relaxed.
Symmetrical. Help maintain the spine in anatomically natural position. The load is distributed equally on the muscles on both sides, as a result, the tone is leveled in them, which has a positive effect on the dynamics of the alignment of the spine.
.They help to remove the tone from the strained muscles and stimulate the work of the relaxed.
Common restorative. Stimulate the immune system, enhance the endurance and physical development of the whole body.
The effect will be 100%!
The effectiveness of treatment of exercise therapy in scoliosis depends on a conscientious attitude to occupations, strict compliance with all prescriptions of the attending physician and constant control of his posture.
Source: http: //yourspine.ru/ lfk-pri-skolioze.html
Exercises to correct scoliosis
Before considering the features of scoliosis treatment, you need to find out what this disease is, than it can be dangerous. After all, often people postpone the treatment of a particular ailment, not suspecting of all its seriousness. As a result, there are numerous complications that are much more difficult to cope with.
What is scoliosis
Scoliosis is a lateral curvature of the spine, which can be congenital or acquired. The disease develops in childhood in the period of formation of the spine - these are children from 1 year to 15 years. Note that scoliosis is much more common in girls.
The causes of scoliosis
The causes of scoliosis often remain unknown, if we talk about the acquired disease. But most often they include incorrect posture, non-observance of the rules of being at the desk, and also the insufficient number of microelements and vitamins necessary for growth and formation of bones.
If we talk about congenital scoliosis, it is diagnosed in infants immediately after their birth. But such cases have their share in the amount of 20% of the total number of scoliosis.
Degrees of scoliosis
What is most terrible - scoliosis is constantly progressing. The deformities of the spine are becoming more and more noticeable and with time they are increasingly difficult to eliminate. Therefore, it is important to determine the presence of scoliosis on time to ensure its timely treatment. To do this, you need to consider all the degrees of the disease and their main signs.
Scoliosis of the 1st degree is characterized by the deviation of the spine from its axis to 10 degrees. This feature of the human body is natural, not considered pathology. But when conducting scheduled inspections of children in schools, some doctors may pay too much attention to such a deviation, although in this case it is not necessary. If the scoliosis does not progress further and its degree does not change, in this case no treatment is needed - it's about the anatomical and physiological characteristics of each individual.
The second degree of scoliosis is diagnosed when there is a deviation of the spine aside from its axis by 11-25 degrees. At this stage, you must be extremely careful. If it is really about the second degree of scoliosis, then the curvature should be urgently treated with therapeutic gymnastics.
Otherwise, from this degree, scoliosis will progress very quickly, then its treatment will be difficult. But if there are any doubts in the diagnosis, it is better to contact a few more specialists to confirm or deny the opinion of the doctor who performed the first examination.
Scoliosis of the third degree is characterized by a deviation of the spine by 26-50 degrees, all that is further, this is the fourth degree. At this stage, the curvature is very difficult to cure, in order to achieve the desired result, it is necessary to look for the best orthopedists. But in this situation it can please only that such scoliosis levels occur only in 10% of all cases.
Degrees of scoliosis
What exercises to perform in scoliosis, how to do them correctly
Before you start physical exercises, you need to consider their effect on the body, in particular, the spine. So, physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis helps stop the progression of the disease and increase the angle of the spine. It allows you to reduce or completely correct scoliosis. In addition, in the course of physical exercises, muscles are strengthened from the concave side, preventing further deformations of the spine. It also improves the tolerance of physical exertion, blood circulation is normalized. Going directly to the exercises of exercise therapy, the first thing is to consider the basic rules of performing exercises in scoliosis, which will help to do them correctly, to exclude the possibility of harm to the body, in particular, the spine. At once we will notice that the children's backbone is so vulnerable that any incorrect manipulations can appear not only ineffectual, but also dangerous for it. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the LFK is guided by a qualified specialist.
LFK only under the attention of the trainer
Now we will consider the basic rules of physical therapy classes, which must be taken into account when performing exercises to correct scoliosis:
- should start with the smallest loads, which will increase very slowly and evenly;
- intensity of exercises and their duration should be determined individually, while the condition and well-being of the patient must be taken into account;
- is allowed to perform only passive spinal traction. It is strictly forbidden to hang on the crossbar - this exercise can lead to aggravation of the situation;
- should completely exclude all physical exercises that are aimed at increasing the flexibility of the spine.
If you adhere to all these recommendations during exercise, the effect obtained from physical exercises will not take long. As for the technique of exercise therapy, then there are many special exercises that are included in the curriculum. But in order to know how to properly choose a set of exercises, you must take into account the features of scoliosis.
The first step is to determine the type of scoliosis - it can be thoracic, lumbar, S-shaped scoliosis. Also, the degree of the disease is taken into account, so that it is possible to determine the load during the sessions, their intensity. It is based on the high responsibility that should be shown in the design of the exercise program, this procedure should only be carried out by a specialist with high qualifications and specialized education.
Exercises for scoliosis
Any program of exercise therapy is divided into three main stages: warm-up, the main and final parts. During the warm-up, you must try to keep the correct posture. To do this, you must stand close to the wall, touching it with three points: it's heels, shoulder blades, buttocks. Next, take a few steps forward. It is compulsory to maintain a posture in the same position. It is important to monitor proper even breathing. Then you need to put your feet to the width of your shoulders, holding your hands up, take a deep breath, and lower your arms as you exhale.
Often the warm-up is accompanied by inclines. You can only bend forward. Hands should be stretched. Sometimes squats are added. Particular attention should be paid to breathing: it should be calm and even. For children with superficial breathing, some workout exercises can be contraindicated, because they can provoke a tachycardia.
Physiotherapy exercises for scoliosis - exercises
Following is the main part of the exercises, which is determined for each child individually. After completing physical exercises, it is worthwhile to move on to the final part of the lesson. Here it is practiced walking on toes and heels, shinning of the shins, walking with the hip lift.
It is important to note that along with the correct definition of the training program, the systematic role plays an important role. Therefore, exercise therapy should be done regularly to be able to achieve the desired result.
Smooth back - the result of diligence
Video - exercises to correct scoliosis
Can I cope with children's scoliosis only with gymnastics and exercises?Scoliosis exercises in children are very effective and help to say goodbye to the disease. If the scoliosis is not treated or treated improperly, the child may have problems with respiratory organs, digestion, blood circulation. If a child becomes irritable, and his academic performance has decreased, it may be due to increased fatigue due to scoliosis.
How to treat scoliosis in adolescents and young children?If a child has signs of scoliosis, the first thing to do is to contact the pediatrician who will prescribe an X-ray, which will determine if there is any curvature and how strong it is. After radiography, if the picture shows that the curvature really exists, you need to get a referral to the orthopedist who will prescribe the correct treatment( including a set of exercises for scoliosis in children).
In addition to physical therapy, the child will need to observe the correct mode and monitor the uniformity of the distribution of the load on the spine, that is, for example, do not wear the school bag constantly in one hand. Although it is much better when collecting a child for school( especially the first time), prefer a satchel. After all, in many cases, the child's scoliosis is associated with the load in the school for 7 years.
For the treatment of the youngest children, special gypsum beds are used. At an older age, LFK, swimming, massage and a therapeutic shower are prescribed as a treatment.
How to treat scoliosis in adolescents so that treatment is most effective? First, follow all the doctor's instructions. Secondly, since the adolescent period is the time of active growth of the body, it is important to include in the diet of the child calcium-rich foods: dairy products, fish, etc. Third, you need to teach your child how to properly hold weights.
Effective gymnastics for scoliosis for childrenThe main goal of therapeutic physical culture in this disease is to reduce the load on the spine and strengthen the spinal muscles. The child grows and strong muscles will help to straighten the curvature as it grows.
It should be remembered that therapeutic gymnastics will help to straighten the child's backbone, only if the curvature is functional. If the scoliosis is of a structural or organic nature( that is, with a stable component of curvature), then correction with the help of physical education will not be successful.
Scoliosis of the 1st degree in children, the most weakly expressed, allows for self-fulfillment of basic exercises, since the load on the spine is minimal with them, and therefore the chances of doing something wrong and making the situation worse are minimal. Especially good are symmetrical exercises, which train weaker muscles and support stronger ones in tone. As a result, the child forms the right muscular corset.
Scoliosis of the 2nd degree in children requires more careful selection of exercises by a doctor. At this phase of the disease the doctor tries to choose a complex that is designed not only to increase the stability of the spine, but also to correct deformation. For gymnastics exercises are chosen that strengthen the main muscle groups that support the spinal column.
Complex of children's exercises from scoliosisChildren's exercises differ from adults in that they are more simple. Gymnastics from scoliosis for children includes three stages: warm-up, the main and final parts.
Before the warm-up, the child should try to fix the correct posture against the wall. To do this, he should stand with his back to the wall, touching her buttocks, heels and tibia muscles. After that you need to make 2 steps with maintaining the correct posture. At this time it is important to breathe freely without holding your breath.
Warm-up: the legs are placed on the width of the shoulders, the child raises his hands up, inhales, stretches and exhales his arms, keeping his posture in the correct position.
Further in the warm-up, the shoulders are moved around the shoulders, bending the legs in the knee and simultaneously approaching them to the stomach.
When diagnosed, children's scoliosis, treatment with physical education( the main part of the gym) should be determined by the doctor. The main part should take into account the individual characteristics of the development of the child.
The main part can include the following exercises :
- The child is lying on his stomach on the couch, bed or bench. The hands are behind the head, and the legs are fixed. The edge of the surface is in the abdomen of the child. In the process of execution, it should be bent 90 ° down, and after straightening as much as possible, so that the person looks forward. This exercise strengthens the paravertebral spinal muscles.
- Pulling on the crossbar strengthens the latissimus muscles of the back. If the child is not able to pull himself up even once, he needs help. Gradually, the number of pull-ups increases to 10.
The final part of the complex of therapeutic exercises includes walking on heels and / or socks and walking with shinning and / or raising the thigh.
In any case, do not panic, asking the question: "What to do, the child has scoliosis?". At the first sign, you should immediately contact a specialist who will write the correct treatment.
Complex of exercises for scoliosis( Photo)
Scoliosis is a disease accompanied by a one-sided curvature of the spinal column. This ailment can develop at any age depending on external factors. However, the most frequent period of scoliosis is childhood and adolescence, when the spine system grows and develops. This process ends after reaching a man of 25 years. Therefore, the lack of measures for the treatment and prevention of scoliosis at a young age leads, as a rule, to the progression of the disease.Contents:
- Asana Cobra
In the latter case, surgical intervention may be required. If the treatment is started on time, in many cases, scoliosis can be corrected with the help of special therapeutic gymnastics. The complex of exercises with a certain form and stage of scoliosis should ideally be prescribed by the attending physician. However, there are a number of standard exercises that can be performed independently at the initial stages of the development of the disease. In addition, such gymnastics should be addressed to those who have the prerequisites for the development of scoliosis.
What are the exercises with scoliosis
In physical therapy practice, the exercises for eliminating and preventing scoliosis are divided into asymmetric and symmetric exercises. The first are aimed at training and developing the muscles of one side of the spine. They are subdivided into corrective - aimed at correcting curvatures, and detorcing, which aim is the alignment of the spine in the pelvic region, as well as correction of the curvatures of the pelvic bones.
It is worth noting that, without the supervision of an instructor in curative gymnastics, it is recommended to perform only a set of symmetrical exercises. Otherwise, you can only worsen the condition of the vertebral discs and provoke the progression of scoliosis. Symmetrical exercises assume a uniform load on both sides of the spinal column.
Features of exercise therapy for scoliosis
The complex of exercises for lateral curvature of the spine is aimed at solving the following problems:
- correction of the disturbed balance of ligaments and the muscular apparatus of the spine;
- development and strengthening of the muscular corset;
- unloading of the spinal column;
- correction of curvature of the spine;
- formation of correct posture.
Doctors recommend combining a special set of exercises with corrective and strengthening the vertebral system sports. These activities include swimming and yoga. Of no small importance is massage, as well as physiotherapy. The most effective position in swimming is breast tenderness. It is in this position that all muscles of the back and shoulder girdle are evenly used.
In addition, complex treatment should include training for the development and strengthening of ligaments and muscles of the musculoskeletal system, especially the foot. Not recommended for the program exercises, which include circular movements of the body, turns, axial vertical load on the back( squats, running, jumping, pulling), as well as spasmodic movements. Extension on the crossbar in scoliosis is prohibited. When practicing gymnastics, start with a minimum load. If during the physical education there were painful feelings, you must immediately stop the exercise.to table of contents ^
Preparing for gymnastics to correct scoliosis
Before performing a set of exercises, you need to warm up to prepare muscles and ligaments for later lessons. The warm-up includes the following exercises.
1. Take the vertical position, put the feet on the width of the shoulders. On inhalation, raise your hands up, then reach for your hands, lower your arms and relax with exhalation. Repeat 5 times.
2. Stand up to a level wall, press shoulder blades, calf muscles, heels and buttocks against the wall surface. Lock this position and save it for a few seconds, moving away from the wall.
3. Stand with your hands in front of you. At the expense of 1-2 spread his hands in hand, palms up, take a breath. At the expense of 3-4 take the starting position, exhale.
4. In the standing position, the hands are lowered down, making circular motions with the shoulders forward - 5 times. Then relax and repeat 5 more turns forward.
5. In the previous starting position, perform the alternate lifting and bending of the knees - lift the leg to the stomach and lower it. Do not make sudden movements. Repeat the exercise 5 times with each foot.
After the warm-up, you can go to the main set of exercises.
Basic exercises for scoliosis
The starting position is lying on the back. Raise your feet above the floor and perform movements called "scissors".Movements must be made both in the vertical and in the horizontal direction. Perform 15 repetitions.
Stand on all fours, palms parallel to shoulders, feet shoulder width apart. Perform the exercise "cat" - arch your back up, with the head and buttocks pointing towards the floor. Then make a back deflection - back down, buttocks and head - up. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times.
Stand on all fours, rest your palms on the floor. Then lower the buttocks on the heels, stretching the body forward. In this position, use your hands to move the trunk to the left, right and right. In each position, delay for a couple of seconds. Perform at least 5 movements in each direction.
Lie on the floor, placing a firm pillow under your stomach. Get your hands behind your back, locking them in the lock. Do the hull lifts up to the height that you can overpower. Try not to overexert the spine. The exercise should involve the muscles of the lower back. Perform 5-10 lifts.
Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart. Start slowly to reduce the shoulder blades together, hands should be parallel to the body. Alternately, move and relax the shoulder blades, using only the muscles of the thoracic spine and shoulder girdle, hands should lie freely along the body. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
The starting position is on all fours. Raise and stretch your arm forward, and the opposite leg back. The arm and leg when lifting should be parallel to the floor. Then change your leg and arm and repeat the exercise. Do the exercise 7-10 repetitions.
Lie on your back, hands spread apart. Knees press each other and bend. In this position, turn your head in one direction, and lower your knees in the opposite direction. During exercise, the load is in the muscles of the neck and lumbar spine. Do 5-7 repetitions.
Lie on the floor on the side of the curvature. Under the waist area, place a small roller. The lower leg is straight, the upper leg is bent at the knee. Lower arm bend at the elbow and place under the neck. Raise the upper hand and hold it by the head, keeping it parallel to the floor. Keep this position for a few seconds, then relax. Repeat the exercise 5 times.to table of contents ^
Asanas of yoga to correct scoliosis
Yoga exercises are an effective means of strengthening the muscular corset of the back and abdominal belt, which is an excellent prophylaxis for the development and progression of scoliosis.to the table of contents ^
Stand upright, arms along the trunk, feet shoulder-width apart. Try not to arch your lower back, buttocks pull in, lower your shoulders. Pull the spine, as if trying to reach the top of the ceiling. Perform the asana for 2-3 seconds. Repeat the exercise 3 times.to table of contents ^
The starting position is standing. Arrange legs widely in the pose of the triangle. Tilt the body sideways. One hand is lowered down and the other is pulled upwards. Pull the trunk to the side of curvature. With a strong curvature, it is recommended not to lower your hand to the floor, but to lean against it on a chair. Hold the position for 3-4 breaths. Repeat the asana 3 times.to the table of contents ^
The starting position is lying on the stomach. Legs are straight, brought together. Put your hands on the floor, bending your arms in the elbows. Take a breath, and on exhalation straighten your elbows, lifting the body up. The head then stretches back. Take 3 more breaths, caving in exhalation further. Then hold the position for 20-30 seconds and relax.
At the end of the complex of therapeutic gymnastics, it is necessary to perform a breathing exercise. To do this, straighten the body in a standing position, place the legs parallel to the shoulders. Inhale and slowly raise your hands up, while standing on your toes. Stretch out and put both hands and heels down while exhaling.
To prevent the development of scoliosis in children, follow the correct position of the child during the lessons, as well as in any sitting position. Daily exercise and, if signs of scoliosis appear, immediately show your child to the doctor. The same principles should be adhered to and adult.If you liked our article and you have something to add, share your thoughts. It is very important for us to know your opinion! Subscribe for updates by email:
Hello everyone! I want to thank the author for the useful article. Started every morning to perform the exercises proposed by the author, which seemed to me simple and accessible. A week later I felt better. The back has ceased to hurt and I feel myself vigorous the whole day! Girls who have problems with their back, try not regret it!
You can not do exercises on twisting, turning the body on the side. Before doing the exercises, check out the contraindicated exercises for scoliosis. Reply ↓
I just started hanging on the bar, first not for a lot, now it's already longer, the back is no longerit hurts, I even grew a little in my 47 years! !!I recommend it to everyone, it's very simple.
At 1 and 2 degrees of illness, significant improvements can be expected and full recovery achieved, at 3 and 4 levels of exercise may not bring the desired effect. A scoliotic arch of more than 50 degrees is usually treated by surgical methods. Scoliosis is characterized by an s-shaped form, it has two arcs( Z-3 arcs) and therefore special exercises, different from the standard ones, are needed to correct it. In the period of active development of the child, at the age of 10-15 years, it is much easier to correct the curvature, since the formation of the body is not yet fully completed, but this does not mean that older people should underestimate the possibilities of therapeutic physical education. A lot depends on the person, his determination, will and firm mood for recovery.
The main goals of the exercise complex
There are five main goals that are pursued by physiotherapy exercises in scoliosis:
- Eliminate the imbalance of muscles and ligaments.
- Remove unnecessary strain on the spine.
- Correct posture.
- Provide general health effects on the body.
Rules for the use of exercise therapy for scoliosis
Like most methods of treatment, exercise therapy provides for the implementation of certain rules, compliance with which will allow the patient to get the maximum effect from physical education, and also to protect themselves from unwanted consequences and injuries. The following rules should be known to everyone who seriously decided to start exercise:
- Before the classes begin, warm up to warm up and stretch the muscles and ligaments.
- Exercises should be performed at a slow pace. You do not need to make sharp movements, perform jumps and various elements of acrobatics.
- It is necessary to exclude increased physical activity, therefore the use of a barbell and dumbbells is not permissible.
- Exercise should be performed according to the doctor's instructions, which has all the information about your type of scoliosis and can choose the most suitable exercises.
Complex of exercises for scoliosis
Complex of exercise therapy in scoliosis consists of warm-up, basic exercises and the final part. All proposed exercises are basic and symmetrical. To perform exercise therapy at home, it is best to do just such exercises, since they have less impact on the deformed spine, which reduces the risk of injury if they are not properly performed. Asymmetric types of exercises can have a greater therapeutic effect, but they should be selected exclusively by the attending physician.
Each exercise must be done 5-10 times:
- Lean your back against a wall or flat vertical surface so that the heels, calf muscles and buttocks abut against it. Straighten your back, giving the posture anatomically correct position. Take a couple of steps forward, keeping the posture in the correct position. Breathe smoothly, without delay.
- The starting position is standing, hands along the trunk, legs on the width of the shoulders. Begin to do sit-ups, while stretching your arms forward, keep your back straight. Exercise slowly, during a squat, inhale, while lifting up - exhale.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands in a free position. At the expense of "1" inhale and at the same time raise both hands up, "2" make a stretch up and count "3" - exhale, lowering the hands at this moment. During the exercise, try to keep your back straight.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, hands freely lower along the trunk, straighten your back. Make 4 circular motions with your shoulders first back, then 4 same forward movements.
- In the standing position, raise the leg bent at the knee as high as possible and hold this post for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Similarly, we make movements with the other leg. Repeat the action 5 times with each foot.
Basic symmetrical exercises
- Lie on your back, lift your legs above the floor( about 30-40 degrees) and proceed to perform movements simulating the work of scissors. Exercise in the horizontal and vertical plane. Perform 4 approaches( 2 per each plane).The duration of one approach is 30 seconds.(picture №1)
- The initial position is on all fours. Do not unbend, sit with your buttocks on your heels and point with your palms to the floor. With your hands, start moving your body first left, then right. Carry out movements slowly, lingering in each position for a few seconds. Perform 10 such movements( 5 on each side).(picture №2)
- Stand on all fours( knees on the floor, bend forward and put your hands on the floor).The legs and arms should be shoulder width apart. In this position, start to curve your back up, then reverse the deflection downwards. Do the exercise at a slow pace. Number of approaches - 5.( picture №3)
- Take a firm pillow, put it on the floor and lie on it with your belly. Clasp your hands behind the back of the castle. Begin to lift the body up to the maximum possible height, but do not overload the spine. You should have muscles of the lumbar spine. Make 10 of these ups.(Fig. 4)
- In standing position, place your feet shoulder width apart. Hands should be in a free position along the trunk. Move the blades and hold them in this position for about 5 seconds( use the muscles of the thoracic region of the back for this), then return to the starting position. Repeat the above steps 10 times.(picture №5)
- Stand on all fours. In parallel, pull the left hand forward and the right foot back. Hold in this position for a few seconds, then change the position, stretching the right hand forward and the left leg respectively. The exercise must be repeated 10 times.(Fig. 6)
- Lie down on your back, bend your knees and press them against each other, hands should be spread apart, perpendicular to the body. Now start turning your head to the left side, and knees to the right, then change directions( head to the right, knees to the left).Exercise involves cervical and lumbar muscles, it needs to be done 7 times.(Fig. 7)
- Lie on the side, side with a curvature. In the waist area, you must put a soft cushion or a small pillow. Bend the knee in the knee located on top, and leave the bottom in the upright position. Raise the upper arm, hanging it over your head, with your bottom hand, grasp the neck by the bottom. Keep this position for 10 seconds, then lie on your back, relax. Repeat the arrival in this pose 5 times.(Fig. 8)
The final part of
- Sit on the gym mat or soft carpet. Bend your knees and wrap your arms around them. Lay down in such a position on your back and start making rumblings from the neck to the sacral spine and back. This kind of massage will have a positive effect on the muscles and ligaments of the back. Repeat the action no more than 8 times.
- The starting position is standing, hands are held in the lock behind the back. We start walking on the heels for 30 seconds.
- In the standing position, stretch your arms up, stand on your toes and walk about 30 seconds.
- We perform walking on the spot, while trying to raise the hips as high as possible. Duration - 30 seconds.
- Relax and restore breathing. Raise your hands up and at the same time take a deep breath, wait a couple of seconds slowly drop your hands and exhale.
After completing the lesson, take 10-15 minutes to rest. The above complex exercise should be performed every day. The effectiveness of training will depend directly on the regularity of their conduct and the correctness of the exercises.
A significant addition to exercise therapy will be preventive measures to help stop further disease progression. First of all, it is worth trying to lead an active lifestyle, not to engage in traumatic sports. The ideal choice is swimming, which is used to prevent and treat a variety of diseases of the spine. Swimming exercises allow you to relax, strengthen your muscular back corset and improve coordination of movements. Biking and skiing will also be useful, but only with moderate activity. In prevention, there are a number of recommendations to avoid an asymmetric strain on the back muscles, which will help maintain the spine in anatomically correct position. Let's select the most important ones:
- Always sit straight, do not bend your body too much and tilt your head forward as little as possible.
- The height of chairs and armchairs should be selected along the length of the shin, so when sitting your foot should not hang, but rest on the floor.
- If you spend a lot of time in a sitting position, it is recommended that you get up every 20 minutes and, if possible, warm up a little.
- During the day, periodically make slow deflections back, this will relieve tension from the muscles of the back.
- When it is necessary to stand for a long time, try alternately to rely first on one, and then on the other leg. Change the position every 10 minutes, this will reduce the burden on the spine.
- Do not carry weights in one hand, always evenly distribute the load on both hands.
- For rest use a bed with a medium-strength mattress, choose a small pillow for the neck to be in line with the rest of the spine.
Finally I would like to note that it is not necessary to independently develop a complex of exercise therapy for yourself, as well as to apply complex asymmetric exercises without agreement with a qualified doctor. Remember that such actions can only exacerbate the situation, lead to complications and accelerate the development of the disease.
Scoliosis is a disease of the musculoskeletal system, which manifests itself in the form of curvature of the spine. Medical therapy with such pathology does not make sense. Here the mechanical effect is more suitable. This is the role played by a complex of exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis. It should be noted that the treatment of any pathology should always be complex, one can not use only one method. Therefore, in the curvature of the spine, massage, manual therapy, physiotherapy are prescribed. But exercise is the basis of the healing process, especially in the early stages of the disease.
What should I consider when appointing a complex of physical therapy?
Exercises for Scoliosis
First of all, the patient must undergo a test to establish an accurate diagnosis. The orthopedist conducts a questioning of the patient, collects an anamnesis of the disease, clarifies complaints. At visual inspection marks presence or absence of an asymmetry of a body of the person applied for medical aid. If there are complaints of pain, a neurologist's consultation is prescribed. The last stage of the examination is X-ray. Using this method, the degree of damage to the spine is determined. It is graded according to the angle of the spinal deviation from the norm:
- 1 degree the deviation angle is not more than 10 °;
- 2 - not more than 25 °;
- 3, respectively, does not exceed 50 °;
- 4 degree - exceeds 51 °.
Having established the stage of the disease, the attending physician develops a treatment plan.
"Why not start immediately?" You ask. After all, as mentioned above, physical education in this disease is the basis of the healing process. This statement is true, especially for 1 and 2 degrees of scoliosis. Therapeutic gymnastics not only stops the pathological process, but also completely restores the correct position of the spine. At later stages( grades 3, 4), exercise therapy is an auxiliary method of treatment. An adequately selected set of exercises can only slow the course of the disease, but it can not be cured. In addition, this period is complicated by various disruptions in the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. This should also be taken into account when developing and prescribing physical therapy. Otherwise, you can only do harm.
The age of the patient plays an important role. As a child, the vertebral column is in the formation stage, which is why the exercise of exercise therapy makes sense.
From all of the above, we can conclude that the complex of therapeutic gymnastics should be appointed and developed by a doctor. He must take into account the degree of scoliosis, age, general condition of the body and the presence of concomitant diseases and complications. In addition, the younger the patient and the less the vertebral column is changed, the better the treatment prognosis.
Methodological recommendations for the development of a set of exercises for the treatment of scoliosis
Before deciding on the question of what should be included in the complex of exercise therapy for a patient with our pathology, let's determine what result we want to get.
- Strengthen the muscular corset of the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Eliminate or reduce curvature of the spine, muscle cushion and costal hump.
- Adjust the posture, and, consequently, improve the appearance of the patient.
- Correct the coordination of movements.
- Prevent complications from the heart and lungs. And if they already exist, then help to normalize the work of internal organs.
- Improve the general condition of the patient: spur the immune processes, strengthen physically.
- Improve mood and raise self-esteem.
Complex of exercise therapy for children with scoliosis
When developing a complex of exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis in children, it is taken into account that this disease is characterized by an unequal tone of symmetrical muscles. From the convexity of the arc, the muscles are in constant tonus. With the opposite - relaxed, and in more severe cases, even can atrophy. Therefore, the exercise program consists of the following types of exercise:
- Asymmetric exercises , which affect certain muscle groups on one side of the trunk, while others on the opposite side relax. For example, turn in one direction.
- Symmetric loads of help keep the spine in anatomically correct position. As a result of performing them, there is an uneven load on the symmetrical muscles on both sides of the body. The muscle tone in them becomes the same, the curvature of the spinal column is eliminated.
- Desortion - stimulate stretched and relax muscles in constant tone.
- General strengthening exercises allow to develop general endurance, physically develop the body.
However, there are a number of exercises that are unacceptable in scoliosis. Their use in the treatment of physical therapy with patients treated by us pathology can only aggravate the state of the disease. These include the following exercises:
- Hanging on a gymnastic ladder or crossbar.
- Various acrobatic exercises( for example, somersaults).
- Lifting Gravity.
- Run, especially for long distances. Jumping or sports dancing.
It should be emphasized that the whole set of exercises is developed by a specialist in physiotherapy. Individual approach to each patient is carried out. Classes are held in the polyclinic or department of exercise therapy under the supervision of medical workers. If, when performing a set of exercises, the patient feels pain or signs of an intensification of the pathological process, then the cut must be directed to the consultation of an orthopedic doctor and the set of exercises adjusted.
How should the exercise for physical therapy work in the scoliosis of
? The exercise of exercise therapy for children in scoliosis consists of the following stages:
- Warm up. Its goal: gradually prepare the body for the basic exercises, warm up the muscles, put the right breath.
- Basic loads. This is the basis of therapeutic gymnastics, it is at this stage that exercises are performed to correct scoliosis, stimulate muscle and motor activity, stabilize the work of internal organs and systems.
- Final exercises restore breathing, reduce the level of stress.
Particular attention is paid to the correctness of performing respiratory gymnastics. It contributes to the improvement of lung function, which is severely affected by the deformation of the chest. On the Internet, you can find many exercises LFK video in scoliosis. But it is better not to use them. Because it is only the doctor who can correct the course of the session in accordance with your state of health.
Complex of exercise therapy in the early stages of the disease
LFK in the early stages of scoliosis
The largest role in the treatment is with exercise therapy for scoliosis of 1 degree, as well as the second. As mentioned above, the therapy of this pathology is complex. But at this stage, properly selected physical load is able in a short time not only to stabilize, but significantly improve the course of the pathological process. The growth of loads is carried out gradually. What can be included in the set of exercises?
- In the standing pose, movements are made on sipping.
- Retraction of one hand back while lifting the other up.
- Combination of different slopes.
- In the position on the floor doing deflections.
With 1 degree of scoliosis, sometimes even enough to strengthen the muscles of the chest and back, as well as correcting the posture of movements. In the 2 stages of the disease, when choosing exercises, it is necessary to take into account the direction in which the curvature has occurred. In accordance with this, non-symmetrical exercises aimed at the load of some and the relaxation of other muscles are performed. In addition, special attention at this stage is given to respiratory gymnastics. Sciosis in stages 3 and 4.Do you need physical exercise?
With 3 degrees of scoliosis, as well as in 4 to the formation of a set of exercises for curative gymnastics come with extreme caution. The main problem is that large loads on the damaged spine are unacceptable. They are more likely not to improve, but will only aggravate the course of the disease. The lesson is completely in the prone position. The basis of therapy with the help of exercise therapy in this case is treatment not by exercise, but by the position of the body. Practically the whole complex of exercises of physiotherapy exercises in this state consists of asymmetric movements.
It should be noted that at 4 degrees of scoliosis in patients with fully formed spine exercises exercise therapy are not effective. The main method of treatment is surgical intervention. This is the only way to correct violations in the structure of the spinal column.
Swimming and its role in the treatment of scoliosis changes in the spine
Swimming exercises of exercise therapy in scoliosis are allowed for almost any degree of pathological process. Possible contraindication may be unless the greater mobility of the vertebrae. But even in this case, they can be conducted under medical supervision. An individually designed complex of gymnastic exercises in the pool should meet the following conditions:
- Swimming movements are selected in accordance with the degree of the underlying disease, the presence or absence of concomitant diseases or complications, the age of the patient.
- When exercising, follow the correct breathing.
- Before the movement in the water, it is studied on land.
- No training is provided to develop flexibility and stretch the body.
The lesson is built in the same way as the usual one in physiotherapy. It starts with a warm-up that takes place outside the water. It also includes breathing exercises.
The next stage is swimming. With this pathology, the recommended style is a brace on the chest. Why? It is in this position of the body that rotational movements( which in our case are contraindicated) are not performed and the thorax is located along the surface of the water. Then the immediate complex of therapeutic exercises in the water is performed. Required pauses for breathing exercises. They will help to avoid heavy loads.
Any activity ends with gymnastic exercises on land, as well as breathing exercises. They are aimed at a gradual reduction of the load.
It should be noted that patients with scoliosis should periodically visit the attending physician to monitor changes in the condition of the spine and correction( if necessary) of the treatment process.