Manual therapy and massage of the heel spur. Treatment with marine mud
Heel spurs are nothing more than the proliferation of bone tissue of a wedge-shaped or spiny process in the calcaneus. The nature of the disease is different, but most often it develops due to flat feet. However, the causes are trauma, and blood flow disorders, and metabolic processes in the legs. In addition, inflammation in the calcaneus can cause some joint ailments( for example, arthritis).This disease is easy to diagnose. At the same time, the doctor conducts an external examination and listens to the patient's complaints. Sometimes an X-ray photograph is required for an accurate diagnosis.
The symptomatology of the disease manifests itself in burning pains, while the person leans on the heel. Sometimes patients describe it as the presence of a nail in the heel. This is due to the degeneration of the soft tissues, when the pain arises from the pressure of the process on the muscles. The intensity of this feeling depends on the size of the neoplasm.
Manual therapy and massage
When diagnosed heel spurs should not despair, because there are many effective methods for its elimination. Treatment can be prescribed only on the basis of the form of the disease. All activities are aimed at weakening the processes of inflammation. The whole process is carried out in a complex. That is, rest for the sick leg, therapeutic manipulation, manual therapy and massage with a heel spur is used.
Today you can find a modern method of treatment - shock wave therapy. She has some contraindications and it is important to get a consultation before her appointment. With a low efficiency of conservative treatment, pharmacological blockades can be carried out. As medical manipulations, special orthopedic insoles( in shoes) and special heel pads are worn. From the group of pharmacological preparations can be used rubbing with a calcaneal spur, which will help relieve pain.
It can be said that manual therapy heel spurs plays a significant role in eliminating the disease. For the correct setting of the points of impact, the therapist must perform palpation of the affected area, determining the location of the seal. And then, using the results obtained, conducts further manipulations. The main purpose of such procedures is to save the patient from regular pain.
Treatment with marine mud
For today, the effectiveness of mud application has been proven. They can be carried out not only in inpatient clinics or resorts, but also in the conditions of their own home. Sea mud with heel spur reduces the severity of inflammatory reactions, stimulates blood flow in the area of their application, favorably affects bone tissue, as well as ligamentous apparatus. When applying dirt, it is important to warm them up to a temperature of 37-42 degrees, and the duration of the procedure should not exceed twenty minutes. Sessions are held daily, but not less than every other day. The number of procedures is from 8 to 15.
At the end of this course, the patient will calm down during rest and during walking, asymmetry of the legs will decrease, the step indicators will improve, the angles of the turn of the foot will increase.
Massage with a calcaneal spur
The heel spur massage perceives as an excellent tool. These manipulations are performed using the thumbs. Massage with calcaneal spurs is done in order to reduce puffiness and to loosen as much as possible, to stretch the build-up on the heel, and then by a single purposeful effort the spur breaks down. This process is felt by the fingers of the massage therapist and can emit a strong crunch. After such an effect, several more sessions are needed to strengthen the result. The primary number of procedures can be of the order of ten, but for some people this may be small. However, based on the practice of masseurs, most patients have enough ten meetings to forget for a long time about the inconvenience and pain in the foot. Massage with heel spur will help in the destruction and disappearance of the disease. It is only important to remember that such a procedure is rather tough and painful, and its implementation extends not only to the heel, but also to the foot as a whole.
To the above-mentioned ailment never came to life, one should adhere to some recommendations:
- Keep your mass index in the indicator as close to normal.
- Sometimes follow a diet that is aimed at improving metabolic processes.
- Perform special baths and exercises that help improve blood flow in the limbs.
- Wear shoes with a low heel( this requirement is especially important for women), while using orthopedic insoles.
- Perform common exercise complexes, as well as elements of therapeutic gymnastics.
- Sometimes to undergo manual therapy with warming ointments.
- Effective remedy for joint pain exists. Follow the link and find out what Elena Malysheva recommends. Useful
Spur on the heel than to heal: at home, reviews
Warmings as a method for treating the heel spur
At home, you can do the following warming up procedures:
- Kilogram of table salt mix with five liters of boiling water. When it boils, cool a little and steam into the resulting foot solution. The course of treatment with such trays is 10 days. Prepared salt solution simply warm up and a pair of legs. The pain will subside already on the fourth procedure, but the treatment course is important to do until the end;
- Similarly, you can soar your feet in warmed milk whey;
- Preheat alcohol over low heat. Put your feet in it, steam them for 15 minutes. After the procedure, do not wipe your feet, but simply put on socks. If after five such procedures there are no improvements, change the method of treatment.
Compresses as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
To treat the spurs on the heels, it is possible with the help of such compresses:
- Grated garlic is applied to the heel. Wrap it with cellophane and fix it with a warm cloth. After three hours, remove the compress. If the heel is very hot during the procedure, remove the garlic and wipe the skin;
- Mix in equal proportions crushed garlic with chopped chalk. Undoing the foot in the foot bath, attach the product to the foot. Top with cellophane and warm cloth. Several sessions of such a compress will help to ease pain in the heels;
- Leaf the cabbage with honey and attach it to the heel. In the morning, rinse the compress with warm water. Duration of treatment - three days;
- Mix the sea salt with honey in the same proportion. For the whole night, make a compress, and in the morning, wash it off with water;
- Make a cake of flour and honey. Undo the heel and attach the product to it. Over wrap the bag and put on a warm sock. The compress is done all night. For complete recovery, you need to do ten such procedures;
- Mix 100 grams of lard or lard with acetic essence( 100 milliliters), a chicken egg with a shell. Insist you need three weeks in a dark place. From time to time, the agent must be mixed. Add the finished medicine to the steamed patient foot with a cotton swab. The course of treatment is one month. When carrying out such a compress on top you need to wear warm socks;
- Mix hot boiled potatoes in a uniform with kerosene( 5 grams).Lay out the product on the bag, pribintuyte it to the heel with a spur. Top your socks. Duration of treatment - no more than 12 procedures. After three sessions the pain will begin to subside;
- Mix bile( 40 grams) with vodka( 20 grams) and shredded laundry soap( 5 grams).Before going to bed, steaming your feet, attach the resulting product to the heel with a spur and fix it with a bandage. Thanks to such a compressor, after the first session, the first results will be visible. A couple of procedures will be followed by painful sensations;
- Put the raw grated potatoes together with the skin on the bandage, and rewind it to the diseased heel. Secure the compress with polyethylene. After 24 hours, remove it. To make such a tool work, you need to do about eight such procedures;
- Pour a couple of crushed aspirin tablets with an iodine ampoule. With the resulting mixture, treat the heels, put on warm socks and go to bed. Such a compress should be done two times with breaks in one week;
- Black radish together with peel grate. Apply the resulting mass to the heel and fix with a bandage. This compress is done at night. In the morning, you need to take off and do your own business.
Massage as a method of treatment of heel spurs
To treat spurs at home, you can use the massage effect on the feet. There are such types of home massage:
- Heat a kilogram of large salt and pour it on a flat floor. Stand with your bare feet on hot salt and walk along it for 15 minutes. Such a folk remedy will help to cope with the spur in just a couple of such procedures;
- Sitting in a chair, and placing on the floor an old washing board, follow it with stops. It is necessary to rub the feet intensely on the board, focusing on the heels. The duration of one procedure is 10 minutes. Massage the feet should be done twice a day until the spurs completely disappear in the heels;
- Boil until cooked a three-liter pot of small potatoes along with the peel. After pouring it into the basin, start kicking with your feet until it cools down. Wipe the heels, draw on them an iodine grid and put on socks. Duration of treatment is 1 week. That this method of treatment was more effective, during the cooking of potatoes it should be strongly salted.
Recipes of the remedies that will also help to heal the heel spear :
- Fresh sheet of plantain tape with a bandage to the injured heel. Remove the leaves when they dry. Duration of treatment is 14 days. The plant excellently pulls salt, so that painful sensations in the heels are removed;
- Undress your legs, tread on the freshly harvested nettles for half an hour. After five such procedures, do not even remember the spur;
- Such a medicine will help to cope with the spurs in the heels instantly. Mix six bags of magnesia with a liter of water and heat it to 60 degrees. Steam the legs in the bath 10 minutes. Then to the heels attach a compress of liquid valerian and put on terry socks. Duration of treatment - 10 procedures;
- After pouring a little ground red pepper into your toes, you need to walk this way throughout the day. Daily wearing of socks with pepper for two weeks will save spurs on the heels;
- Pour vodka( 200 grams) pounded pine nuts( 20 grams).Let it infuse for at least ten days in a dark place. Drink tincture of 10 grams before eating three times a day. A couple of days from the spurs there will be no trace.
Treatment with heating
Heel spurs can be treated with warmth, all means and methods give a high result of healing:
- boil small potatoes, can clean potatoes. Move in a comfortable pelvis, knead all. After the procedure, dry the heel with iodine. Be sure to then put on socks. Repeat the week;
- all folk remedies for fighting disease are good. Excellent help ointment made from eggs, oils and vinegar essences at home. To do this, you need to place the washed egg in a small jar and add the vinegar essence. Close tightly, place in a cold place until the peel is completely dissolved on the egg. This happens after 10 days. Then gently take the egg out of the jar and put it in a bowl. Carefully remove the film, slowly grind, gradually adding essence. Then add forty grams of butter. To stir thoroughly. The ointment is ready. This is a warming ointment. Wash feet, dry. Apply the ointment on the heel. Be sure to wear socks. After such uncomplicated procedures, the calcaneal spur will begin to collapse;
- at home, it is advisable to prepare and baths with salt, and with sea. Make a salt solution( per liter of water 3 lodges of salt).Heat it to the temperature until you can keep your legs in it. Sit and warm them for at least 30 minutes. To do this, periodically need to pour hot solution. Then wipe your feet and wrap them around. It is best to conduct this procedure before going to bed;
- is excellent in fighting the disease will be a bath of a mixture of acetic essences with turpentine. They must be taken in proportion( 1: 4);
- heel dip into a vessel with a mixture and withstand no more than 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure for 3 weeks. Take a short break and treat the spur again;
- folk medicine advises to treat the disease by using a bath of wormwood, young mugs and nettles, To do this, you need to prepare a decoction. For 1 liter of water take 1 tbsp.lies.a mixture of these herbs. Cook over low heat broth 20 minutes. Lower the heel into a still warm broth and keep at least 10 minutes. To be healed within a month.
Treating the calcaneal spur with night compresses
The bulk of the cure for the disease falls on compresses that are applied overnight:
- good results can be achieved if the heel spur is treated with a root of the iris flower. To do this, take 250 gr.washed root and chop the meat grinder. The resulting mass to pour alcohol( 1 tbsp.), Close tightly. To insist in conditions of complete darkness of 2 weeks, thus it is necessary to shake every 2 days. Then, moistened in a tincture bandage, put on the heel at night. Alternate, once apply a bandage, soaked in tincture, and the next night - Vaseline. And so for 20 days;
- means which each landlady can find at home - honey, iodine, Extra salt mix in proportions( 1: 2: 1/2).The resulting mixture in the evening put on the heel, fixing cellophane, then tightly bandaged. In the morning, you need to remove the bandage. So do 7 days. The heel spur will have to surrender;
- many methods of cure are beautiful, and cabbage with honey does not take the last place in the fight against the disease. To do this, apply a cabbage leaf to apply ½ st.l.honey and attach to the heel. Keep until morning. In the morning, everything must be washed off with water. And so repeat no more than 3 times;
- folk medicine offers to mix triple cologne, iodine, pharmacy valerian in proportion( 1: 2: 2), everything is measured by vials. In this mixture add 5 pcs.bitter pepper. Leave to stand day in the conditions of complete darkness. In case of acute pain, lubricate the heels in the evening, wear socks;
- home treatment of the disease can be done with the help of a drug that can be bought at the pharmacy - medical bile. Initially, the heel should be well roasted, then apply a swab moistened with bile. It must be applied only to a sore spot, secured with a bandage. Then wrap the leg with polyethylene, put on the sock. Repeat every night until the pain disappears forever;
- to treat a spur expediently by means of means - drug turpentine. To do this, the heel must be carefully rubbed with turpentine, put on a warm sock. All this done at night 2 weeks. After taking a short break, repeat the procedure again;
- calcaneal spur perfectly helps to disappear and plantain leaf. It must be applied on the back of the heel department. After drying, always change to a fresh sheet. The pain will subside with time.
Treatment with the help of round-the-clock compresses
- , the washed potatoes are ground on the smallest grater. After laying on a bandage, fix it with polyethylene to a sore spot. Change the compress once a day. Apply at least a week;
- calcaneal spur is treated and funds that can be purchased at the pharmacy, for example, iodine and aspirin. To do this, you need to crush 2 aspirin tablets and mix them with iodine. Quickly and accurately put on the heel, top bandage and polyethylene. Be sure to wrap a warm scarf. Keep the compress day. It is advisable to repeat everything in a week. And so only 3 times;
- to treat a spur at home it is possible and elderberry. It's good to do it in spring and summer. Washed and still wet leaves put on the heel, wound with a bandage. Do this everyday. This is a very good folk remedy;
- also it is possible to fall asleep in a sock a potato starch. Starch in the sock should be around the clock. These methods of people's treatment will help to forget about the disease forever;
- in the fight against the disease, all means are good, and here, too, nettle is in a hurry to help. Such home treatment is best done in the spring, when the nettle is still young and full of healing powers. For this, young shoots of nettle need to be scrolled through a meat grinder. Milled nettle on a young and clean mug. Then attach all this with a bandage on the heel, and put on the toe on top. It is better to do this before bedtime. But with acute pain, such a compress can be worn for days. Under such treatment conditions, improvement will occur in a couple of weeks.
Treating the calcaneal spur with the
massage. It is possible to treat the spur with the simplest folk method - for every loose minute, heel to knock on the floor. This will increase blood circulation in the lower limbs, which means that calcium metabolism will improve. You can still rub your heel and felt felt boots. With such a mechanical action on the heel spur, it will begin to break down.
Pencil massage also helps to get rid of the problem. It is necessary to find the most painful place on the heel with a slightly rounded lead and constantly massage it. Acute pain is removed faster than chronic pain. But still the pain will recede.
Treatment of folk remedies and methods at home with such a disease as calcaneal spur gives excellent results. However, do not forget that this treatment is long. It is necessary to be patient. But all methods and methods of fighting in folk medicine are magnificent and have passed the test of time. If you decide to use the struggle with folk remedies in tandem with medical treatment, then it is better to consult a doctor in order not to cause a relapse. Who has a spur and why
The processes occurring in the foot are a bit like the degenerative-degenerative processes in the joints that cause arthrosis.
osustave.ruHealing of microtraumas, obtained due to increased load, occurs in the bundles of the foot with the involvement of bone tissue in this process. The growth of marginal osteophytes in the foot does not initially cause many problems, but over time these processes are aggravated and can cause disability.
According to statistics, this disease affects mainly women aged 40 years and older. Recently, the frequency of appearance of bone growths has increased, and young people have become sick. Moreover, it is proved that heel spur is not an independent disease, but appears as a consequence of other pathological processes taking place in the body.Until the end of the mechanism of the appearance of this disease is not identified, but noted some factors, the presence of which increases the risk of disease.
- The formation of longitudinal flat feet( causes a calcaneal spur in 90% of all cases).Excess weight.
- Mechanical injuries of the foot and its calcaneus( fall, stroke).
- Dystrophic changes in the joints of the legs.
- Disturbance of metabolic processes.
- Increased load on the foot( for athletes).
- Inflammatory processes in the joints.
- Endocrine system diseases( diabetes mellitus, thyrotoxicosis).
- Inconvenient and incorrectly selected shoes.
Know the early symptoms and treatment of the heel spur, which should be performed immediately when these signs appear - a pledge that the sick person will not sooner or later be bedridden.
Symptoms of calcaneal spur are difficult to confuse with other diseases, since the sharp end of the spur is 3 to 12 mm long pointed toward the fingers and even slightly curved. This structure of osteophytes causes sharp and painful pains, intensifying when walking, as if a person stepped on the tip of a needle.
How to identify the disease
One of the symptoms of the heel spur are pain in the heel area. But these pains have their own characteristics, knowledge of which will help to recognize the disease in time and in the early stages to seek help.
Early signs of
- The appearance of pain during long sitting and in the mornings, which gradually subsided for lunch. These pains are also called "starting" pains, since most patients note them, but rarely consult a specialist for help when they appear.
- The nature of the pains, which subsided for lunch and renewed again in the evening, also applies to early signs.
- Sudden pains in the heel, which have the character of "shooting" for no apparent reason. If these signals are heard at rest, and there was no trauma or other provoking factor - you know, this is a sign of the calcaneal spur. Such pain in rest does not arise because of the presence of the spur, but as a result of the onset of inflammation.
- Change in gait, which close people notice, but the patient does not feel yet. The person involuntarily at occurrence of a dyscomfort in the field of a heel transfers the center of gravity on stop. This eventually can cause transverse flatfoot. This change in gait occurs when the size of the osteophyte is large, since the pain is dull and not sharp.
The diagnosis is based on an X-ray, where the bony growths are clearly visible. Which doctor treats the heel spur and by what methods is it treated - read on.
Methods of treatment
Padded stitches help avoid pain when walking.
The earlier a patient turns to a doctor, the more likely that he will not have to resort to surgical methods of therapy. Of course, it is better to start treatment with a search for the reasons, since the proliferation of bone tissue appears as a consequence of these provoking factors. The disease is treated by an orthopedist who must take into account all the nuances( age of the patient, degree of overgrowth, symptoms, etc.) in order to prescribe a comprehensive therapy.
Among all available treatments are the following.
- Non-pharmacological methods are performed with the help of special insoles. Orthopedic insoles with a calcaneal spur are made in such a way that in the heel area they have a small groove that prevents the occurrence of pain during walking. Hindquarters with heel spurs are shown to be worn in the initial stages of the disease.
- Drug therapy - for the purpose of anesthetics and the treatment of inflammation, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( diclofenac, ibuprofen and others) are prescribed inside, as well as the use of ointments with a similar formulation for topical application. If the disease is started, such treatment is unlikely to have an effect, then resort to hormonal therapy( diprospan, prednisolone).It is better to inject hormones in the form of targeted injections( directly into the heel area).In addition to medicines, folk remedies that have anti-inflammatory properties are used in parallel. So, for example, a good resorption effect has a medical bile with a heel spur, which is applied in the form of applications.
- Physiotherapeutic methods of therapy, massage and therapeutic gymnastics with a heel spur - a set of exercises is used to strengthen the ligaments of the foot. Widely used methods of therapy, such as laser treatment, ultrasound, mud baths, shock wave therapy( for large osteophyte sizes).Massage with a calcaneal spur also helps to strengthen the ligamentous apparatus of the foot.
- Surgical treatment of calcaneal spur - is used only in cases when conservative methods do not give effect. Before removing the heel spur, you need to make sure that you have used all the existing methods, and only then resort to the operation.
In conclusion, we recall that an early treatment to a doctor and timely treatment that has been initiated contribute to the fact that the growth of osteophytes in the heel can be stopped. Agree, because our health must be paid on time, so as not to mourn then!
Exercises for therapeutic gymnastics with calcaneal spurs
If you periodically feel pain in the soles of the heel, do not wait until it becomes unbearable. Applying to a doctor on time, you can correct the situation only with the help of timely rest, gymnastics and massage. But only the doctor can establish the diagnosis and tell what to do for the fastest cure.Spur no longer bothers! How to get rid of pain in the heel for 2 weeks at home? Shporam.net
The miraculous gymnastics
Many underestimate the possibilities of conventional exercises. But with their help you can significantly improve blood flow in diseased tissues. In addition, therapeutic gymnastics with a calcaneal spur is aimed not only at improving blood supply, but also in stretching the plantar fascia. It is because of its shortening that there are gaps in the load, which are the cause of inflammation and pain.
If the fascia( consisting of connective tissue) is stretched gradually, doing exercises smoothly, this will be the main prevention of ruptures. Also stretching will help to heal damaged tissues. But it will not be effective if you do not provide maximum unloading for the legs, do not use special insoles or heels, do not massage. Only a combination of these therapeutic and prophylactic methods can produce a noticeable result.
It's also nice to fix the foot in the anatomically correct position right after the exercise therapy. This can be done with the help of special devices - teips, adhesive plaster or elastic bandage. If the foot is located perpendicular to the lower leg, the plantar fascia will continue to stretch.
Of course, hope that the inflammation will be after 2 days of exercise is not worth, and to do them, overcoming severe pain, too, can not. But with a regular stretching of the feet, the method gives good results, relieving the disease of calcaneal spurs in the initial stages. It is important not to forget, to do gymnastics constantly, gradually increasing the load.
Stretching - above all
The main purpose of curative gymnastics with a calcaneal spur is stretching of the plantar fascia until its length becomes normal. Before you begin the exercises, do not forget to stretch the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles well. After all, they affect the degree of tension of the plantar fascia.
The first exercise from the complex, which is assigned to the heel spurs, is aimed at stretching the leg muscles. If you manage to increase its elasticity, you can reduce the stress of the fascia. Stand facing the wall a short distance from it, so that you can lean your hands. Put your feet at a distance of 30 cm from each other as if they are on a rope, while the diseased foot is located behind. Begin crouching, but make sure that your heels do not come off the floor, gently bend your knees until you feel that the lower leg is stretched, hold in the bottom position for 15 seconds. Repeat the squat.
The second exercise is also aimed at stretching the shin, but it already contributes to lengthening the fascia. Place a board or book about 5 cm thick near the wall, stand on it with socks, the heels should hang freely. Lean your hands against the wall, lean towards her so that you feel the tension of the calf muscles and stay at the extreme position for ¼ of a minute. After that, straighten up and climb 15 times on the toes of the feet, the heels should not fall below the surface of the support. Repeat this exercise at 2x simultaneously and separately on each of the legs.
Having stretched properly the muscles of the shins, and, loosening the tension of the plantar fascia, you can do the following exercises with a heel spur: rolling a ball or a bottle, picking up the toes of various objects and manually stretching the connective tissue of the foot.
Working with the problem zone
After warming up the muscles, you can start performing simple for an absolutely healthy person training. Take a tennis or small child's ball and roll it with a foot of a sick leg so that it passes through the entire longitudinal arch. You can also use an ordinary water bottle or rolling pin. By the way, in periods of acute pain, you can dull the discomfort a little if you pour a cooled liquid into the bottle.
Another effective way to combat the problem is to collect items from the floor without using the hands. So, sprinkle coins, stones, beans, put the keys, pencils and try to put all these items in the prepared container. You can also crumble with your feet or collect a towel spread on the floor. This all contributes to intensive training of the foot, setting its correct position when walking.
To complete the complex, you need to stretch: sitting on the floor with your hands or a prepared belt, wrap your feet and pull them toward you. Hold for a few seconds in the most uncomfortable position. The same stretching of the fascia can be done and standing facing the wall. Put your legs as described in the first exercise, just move away from the wall as far as possible. Leaning forward, you should maximally bend the foot and feel the tension.
After the complex, do not forget to fix the leg in the correct position: the foot for at least some time must be strictly perpendicular to the shin.
Visual exercises for gymnastics you will find in several videos below:Please share the link to the article, using the buttons below
Your e-mail will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You can use the following HTML tags and attributes: & lt; a href = "" title = "" & lt; abbr title = "" & lt; acronym title = ""& gt; & lt; b & gt; & lt; blockquote cite = "" & lt; cite & gt; & lt; code & gt; & lt; deltatetime = "" & lt; em & gt; & lt; i & gt; & lt; q cite = "" & lt;; strike & gt; & lt; strong & gt;