General clinical manifestations of VSD and osteochondrosis
Every third patient aged 7 to 35 years experiences symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, pressure changes, mood, irritability, sleep disturbances, slightly elevated body temperature, incomprehensible tingling in the heart and between the scapulae, dizziness. Analyzing all these symptoms, a competent doctor, most likely, will suspect vegetative vascular dystonia( VSD).This diagnosis has many different variations: neurocirculatory dystonia( NDC), somatoform autonomic dysfunction, asthenic, asthenic-neurotic or asthenic-vegetative syndrome.
The vegetative nervous system is responsible for those processes that we can not influence: metabolism, hormone production, thermoregulation, cardiovascular system, digestive tract, etc. The regulation centers of this system are in the headand the spinal cord. They can react to our emotional state.
Doctors came to the conclusion that the VSD is not a disease, but, in a certain sense, a condition. It has a lot of absolutely different signs that can not be combined at all with each other, change, start suddenly and disappear on their own, appear in different parts of the body and at different times. During the examination, minor violations in organs and systems can be detected.
The exact and only cause of the VSD does not exist, there is a combination of many factors, from which it is possible to identify the main ones.
- Predisposition to the "weak" autonomic nervous system. Happens more often at girls. Begins in childhood( 7-8 years).These babies are initially often sick, crying, shy, sluggish. As a rule, their mothers also had similar symptoms. The height of the symptomatology is manifested in adolescence - in the age of 16-18, complaints appear more and more unpleasant feelings are more often disturbed.
- Various injuries and disorders that the child received during pregnancy or during childbirth. It can be: asphyxiation in childbirth, preterm delivery, cord injury and lack of oxygen during pregnancy, birth trauma, maternal and fetal anemia, the impact of certain medications taken by the mother during pregnancy, hydrocephalus, vascular disorders in the child's brain and much more.
- Psychoemotional disorders. They play a major role in this state. These are stressful situations that have not gone completely beyond the body. They can appear in children from an early age amid anxiety or aggression of the mother, conflict in the family, kindergarten, child punishment, prohibitions, lack of attention. Any emotional shocks can lead to mental disorders.
On various psychoemotional disorders, especially long-term, the body can react with the appearance of an asthenic-vegetative syndrome, which has various symptoms.
Similarity of dystonia symptoms with cervical and thoracic
lesions Frequent companions of people after 25-30 years are VSD and osteochondrosis. In this case, more in-depth diagnostics are required. It is necessary to find out how much the disturbances in the spine affect the patient's well-being and which of the complaints arise precisely because of problems in the back and neck. Perhaps eliminating them, you can save the patient from most of the symptoms that give VSD and osteochondrosis.
The defeat of the cervical and thoracic spine strengthens manifestations of vegetovascular dystonia. Osteochondrosis of the cervical region causes spasm of the muscles of the cervical collar zone, compression of the vertebral veins and other vessels of the neck, which causes disruption of the inflow and outflow of blood through these vessels, brain food deteriorates, hypoxia appears.
Cheynoacular osteochondrosis and VSD may cause some similar symptoms:
- flashing "flies" or darkening in the eyes;
- stiffness or pain in the neck;
- sleep disorder;
- blood pressure changes.
In osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, the symptoms are concentrated in the head and neck area, and problems of the thoracic region are usually given in the upper part of the chest.
Diagnosis of diseases
Astheno-neurotic syndrome is based on complaints and is the diagnosis of an exception. This means that in order to put out this particular diagnosis, you need to exclude all similar diseases. Very many diseases at the outset can have common, diverse and fuzzy symptoms( for example, chronic rheumatic heart disease, menopausal disorders, changes in the thyroid gland, the onset of hypertension, systemic connective tissue diseases, iron deficiency anemia, helminthic infestations, sluggish allergic processes and muchother).
For definitive diagnosis it is necessary to undergo certain laboratory and functional examinations.
In addition, a thorough examination and questioning of the patient is carried out, attention is paid to his emotional state. It is necessary to find out the presence of stress factors, fatigue, pay attention to the quality of life of a person, the relationship in the family, the atmosphere at work, whether the patient has bad habits, how much he spends time at the computer, playing computer games, playing sports or not.
Careful examination and talking with the patient is important not only for the diagnosis of asthenic syndrome, but also gives the opportunity to suspect or exclude other diseases.
How to treat vegetative-vascular dystonia
How can we influence this vegetative nervous system if we can not control it? It turns out that this is possible. First, you need to take care of reducing the amount of stress. If you do not get them cut - change your attitude towards them, go to a therapist or just stop keeping everything in yourself - talk out. Reduce the impact of stress on the nervous system will help exercise, gymnastics, dancing - any physical activity. After all, under stress, adrenaline is released, which affects the blood vessels and heart rate, and physical exercises remove it.
There is still a wonderful tool - a contrast shower. After a week of applying it, you will already feel like a completely different person. A compulsory rule is a full rest, sufficient night sleep, sleep until 23 hours, refusal from smoking and alcohol. Adhere to the principles of healthy eating, on time consult a doctor( including do not miss the preventive examinations), watch your weight, drink toning teas.
Be sure to pay attention to the posture. Avoid prolonged uncomfortable body position, especially when working at a computer. Perform special exercises for the spine and neck muscles. Help massage, swimming, acupuncture.
Compliance with simple rules of a healthy lifestyle will help to eliminate all pathological symptoms and bring the body back to normal.
Similarity of symptoms of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis and VSD for different reasons
Cheyno-thoracic osteochondrosis is widespread among the population. Almost half of the inhabitants of the planet are affected by this disease.
A lot has been written about the causes of this illness. And they do not really care about a person when stiffness, pain or numbness does not allow them to sleep peacefully. It is much more important to understand how to cure osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic region.
Diagnosis of this ailment is often masked by symptoms of vegetative dystonia( VDD).In both cases, the patient suffers from narrowed blood vessels.
What is characteristic: the causes of deterioration are completely different, and patients experience almost the same thing.
To distinguish between osteochondrosis and VSD, let's consider what happens in the body at the time of exacerbation:
- with VSD, convulsive compression of blood vessels is observed, which leads to oxygen starvation of the brain and worsening of the patient's condition;
- with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, together with the nerves, large and small vessels are clamped, which also leads to deterioration due to a lack of oxygen in the blood.
To ease the patient's condition becomes even more difficult if osteochondrosis is present in parallel with the VSD.
Similarity of symptoms of two diseases
Sensations of osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic region almost exactly repeat the signs of the VSD.
At the moment when the nerve end in the vertebra is clamped, the symptoms of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are also characteristic of dystonia.
Let's consider their stage-by-stage occurrence, on an example of separately taken jammed nerve root.
- There is a slight numbness on the entire surface of the head.
- There is a uniform headache that does not subside and does not increase over time.
- There is a noise in the head.
- There is a feeling that there is a weak electric current from the back of the head to the hands.
- Possible temporary darkening in the eyes or the appearance of flies.
- When you try to bend, the head is filled with lead.
- Heart palpitations and pain behind the sternum arise.
As you can see, the confusion between these two diagnoses is completely justified, for it is almost impossible to distinguish them only by describing the characteristics.
Diagnosis and treatment
Correct treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis directly depends on a qualitative survey.
Modern medical equipment is capable of conducting correct diagnostics. In order not to confuse VSD and cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, it is recommended to undergo examination on equipment in the cabinet of magnetic resonance therapy( MRI).
This unit fixes abnormal constriction of blood vessels in the body and unmistakably identifies its cause.
When diagnosis is excluded from the VSD, you can safely embark on treatment. Chronic osteochondrosis can be treated with modern methods:
- analgesic and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory therapy;
- course of exercise therapy;
- restorative physiotherapy;
- restorative massage;
- Rehabilitation gymnastics.
It is worth noting that gymnastic exercises are recommended for home performance for the rest of your life.
Permanent sessions prevent the recurrence of the disease.
If the results of the survey revealed a double disease( VSD and osteochondrosis), an additional course of medicines will be added to the treatment process:
- soothing formulations and antidepressants;
- antioxidant products.
With the correct diagnosis, the presence of both diseases at the same time is also very amenable to therapy.
Preparations for the treatment of the cervical and thoracic department
The specialists of clinical diagnostic centers no longer have a question about how to treat cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
There is a standard set of drugs that can be used to treat this ailment. As anesthetic, we recommend:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used to treat inflammation:
- was vibrated.
Usually, this set of drugs gives relief on the very first day of application.
Pain Relieving Exercises
When cervicothoracic osteochondrosis was played out, and at hand there is nothing that could ease the pain and eliminate the burning sensation, an easy therapeutic gymnastics will help.
It will relieve of numbness and running shivers in the back of the head and hands.
Do exercises sitting on a chair. After each element, lower your head to your chest, relax your shoulders and arms, rest for half a minute.
- Lower your head on your chest and tilt back 10 times.
- Alternately tilt your head to your shoulders at least 10 times.
- Click on the temple's palm, hold the head straight as far as you can, then also click on the other temple three times.
- Press the hands, locked in the lock, on the back of the head, applying resistance to the head, three times.
- With force three times, remove the scapula, pushing them on the spine, after 10 seconds, release.
- Put your head on the chest, press the dimple with your finger under the protruding vertebrae on the neck( 8th vertebra), make circular motions in both directions 15 times.
- Do the same with a dimple under the ninth vertebra.
These exercises immediately relieve the pain and the osteochondrosis played out recedes. If you perform them regularly( every day), the disease can go into deep remission.
Charge is called the gymnastics of the ancient Celts. It was developed by our great-grandmothers when they treated their husbands.
Men of the Middle Ages struck this ailment from wearing heavy metal armor. Gymnastics is not suitable for alleviating suffering from VSD.
Recommendations for the prevention of exacerbations
General recommendations designed to prevent the onset of exacerbation, which sometimes this disease sins, do not differ much from the VSD.In both cases, a more peaceful lifestyle should be maintained.
Do not get irritated or upset about minor things. Be sure to keep your body warm, make sure that your neck does not open in cold weather.
While walking, while traveling and sitting at the table, always keep your shoulders straight and your back straight. Do not make sudden movements with your head and hands.
Do not allow swift inclines and lifts from a lying position. Avoid taking heavy objects. Deny yourself to overexert yourself before bulging eyes.
During the day, stretch the ridge with your hands. Make shallow circular movements with your head.
It is very useful to sit with your hands on the back of your head, leaning back in your chair, maximally pulling your elbows back.
These simple secrets are able to calm the cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, and also to subdue the attack of the VSD.
Try to lead a peaceful, but not devoid of a way of life. Then you can avoid the exacerbations that arise at the most inopportune moment.
There are no obvious diseases, the diagnosis often determines only minor deviations in the work of internal organs. Nevertheless, the patients themselves characterize their condition as - "everything hurts, the feeling that I'm falling apart".
In addition to physiological manifestations, VSD, proceeding against the background of osteochondrosis, has psychological:
- Tearfulness, attacks of irritability.
- Clearly disturbed sleep.
Do not forget that the sign of depression can be not only a depressed mood, but vice versa, too much fun or very sharp mood swings.
The development of VSD against the background of cervical osteochondrosis can go on without any significant fluctuations in the physiological or psychological state of the patient until the so-called vegetative crisis occurs, in which the symptoms will manifest themselves in full force. To provoke the disease can:
- Stresses, and, as a rule, VSD manifests itself not in the period of stress itself, but later, when everything seemed to be over;
- Infectious Diseases;
- Increased physical or mental stress.
Cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Headaches that increase with head rotations, not removed with anesthetics.
- Pain in the shoulder girdle or in the hands. Sometimes the feeling that the hand is simply immobilized.
- Hearing loss, ringing in the ears.
- Loss of sensitivity in the limbs, numbness.
- Flies before the eyes.
- Dizziness caused by a sharp turn of the head or on rising.
Pain sensations in cervical osteochondrosis become chronic.
VSD and cervical osteochondrosis are characterized by meteorological dependence of pains - before the weather changes, all pain symptoms become aggravated.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis consists of the following stages:
- Pain relief;
- Removal of the inflammatory process in the affected area.
In the first stage analgesics( Baralgin, Analgin) are well used, but the use of ointments as having irritating effect( Finalgon), and related to NSAIDs( Ketonal, Fastum-gel) is ineffective.
Chondroprotectors help only with their systematic administration for a long time.
To accelerate the recovery of patients with cervical osteochondrosis of nerve roots, the use of B vitamins is indicated. In some cases, intramuscularly prescribed vitamin preparation Milgamma.
Well complement the treatment with physiotherapy - hirudotherapy, acupuncture, massage.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical department is quite long and requires a systematic approach.
When it comes to the treatment of VSD, everything is not so clear. Most often the treatment is symptomatic, the main direction of treatment is the correction of the lifestyle, aimed at increasing the stress-resistance of the nervous system.
Therefore, if you want to say goodbye to the symptoms of VSD, it is necessary:
- To adhere to a certain regime of the day: to get enough sleep, alternate physical activity with the mental. You must walk in the fresh air.
- Correct the diet: the body must receive the required amount of magnesium and potassium salts. They participate in the transmission of nerve impulses, improve the work of the heart and blood vessels.
- No smoking required!
- Any kind of auto-training, relaxation, meditation is good.
Any measures are aimed at normalization of excitation and inhibition processes in the nervous system.
The most unpleasant symptom of the VSD is a panic attack. It is impossible to predict where and when it will begin, what will provoke an attack and how to avoid it.
Please note! Panic attacks do not heal on their own, correction should occur only under the supervision of a psychotherapist or psychiatrist.
If a panic attack has seized you, adhere to the following rules:
- If possible, try to concentrate on the case that you did before the attack.
- Learn the technique of correct breathing: a deep breath and a slow exhalation. Control the rhythm, rapid breathing can intensify the panic attack.
- You can prepare a leaflet in advance, in which a soothing phrase will be written in large letters, something like "Everything will be fine!".In case of an acute panic attack, you need to get it and read it, as much as possible thinking about every word.
- Do not leave the place where you are seized by a panic attack - otherwise the next time to overcome the attack will be much more difficult. It is important to cope with the anxiety here and now.
- If you have prescribed medications to reduce anxiety, wear them with you at all times. Sometimes even the thought that at any time you can use the drug enough to panic has settled.
Most of the symptoms of VSD, as well as problems with the cervical department, manifest themselves at a fairly early age - especially strongly in the pubertal period, when the hormonal background is especially unstable. Stronger are exposed VSD girls, especially with a gentle and vulnerable psyche.
It is therefore important, even at early stages, to initiate preventive measures. Sports activities, physical activity well strengthen the nervous system and contribute to the normalization of the internal organs.
In a more mature age, women are again at risk. Pregnancy with its hormonal storms and excessive burden on the spine, the birth of a child, difficult early months, when the lack of sleep becomes the norm - all this contributes to the emergence of the VSD.Therefore, in these periods, you need to keep a more measured lifestyle:
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day;
- It's full and varied;
You can learn a variety of meditations aimed at internal harmonization and tranquility.
The main thing, remember - health is in our hands, therefore it is quite possible to defeat osteochondrosis and VSD.
That's it, dear readers, share your opinion about today's article in the comments.
Chest-chest osteochondrosis and VSD
Osteochondrosis and VSD. .. On many media resources, these two concepts are often found together. Sometimes it is even possible to find allegations that this is practically one disease, or one pathology is the cause of another. What is true and important for diagnosis, treatment and human health? This will be discussed in our article.
1. What is osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a degenerative process( ie leading to deterioration, degeneration) in the vertebral joints( or other joints of a person), leading to a significant decrease in the height of intervertebral discs and sclerotic( replacement of parenchymal connective tissue) changes in their surfaces, with the appearance andproliferation of pathological growths( osteophytes).
If to say it is easier, the disc cartilage is transformed into bone tissue, as a result of which the disc decreases in size, loses elasticity, ceases to perform an amortization function, and squeezes the nerve roots, causing a feeling of pain, joint aches( resembles arthritis), numbness of hands and feet.
Osteochondrosis can occur in any joints of the body, but with regard to the VSD, it is necessary to consider osteochondrosis of vertebral joints.
Classify osteochondrosis of the spine for the localization of the origin of pathology:
- Lumbar osteochondrosis( the most common type, up to 50%, because the maximum load falls on the lumbar spine).
- Cervical osteochondrosis( second place, by prevalence, up to 25%).
- Thoracic osteochondrosis.
- Common osteochondrosis( pathology affects different parts of the spine: lumbosacral, cervico-thoracic, etc.).
The course of osteochondrosis can be complicated by the formation of:
- protrusions( prolapse of disc( prolapse), with preservation of fibrous ring);
- intervertebral hernias( the same disk prolapse, accompanied by rupture of the fibrous ring with the output of the core contents beyond the disk).
2. What is common between osteochondrosis and vegeto-vascular dystonia
If you consider the main manifestations of cervicothoracic and cervical osteochondrosis, then it is possible to find symptoms similar to VSD.So, for cervical osteochondrosis, the following symptoms are characteristic:
- manifestation of cephalgia( headache),
- limitation of mobility and soreness of the neck,
- occurrence of pain in the shoulders and arms.
But the headache, migraines are satellites and VSD.
With complicated forms of flow, there are also irregularities in the sympathetic department, which are manifested:
1. Pressure drops.2. Violations of coordination, fatigue.3. Anemia( pallor) of the skin.4. Syndrome of the vertebral artery, consisting of a complex of symptoms( the cause - artery spasm as a result of irritation of the sympathetic plexus caused by osteochondrosis):
- Flicker before the eyes of colored spots.
- The phenomena of noise in the ears and head.
Almost every of the described manifestations is typical for different types of vegetative-vascular dystonia.
In case of cervical chest osteochondrosis, the following symptoms can be attached to:
- manifestations of intercostal neuralgia( pain in the cardiac region, in the lumbar region, scapula and collarbone);
- labored breathing, manifestation of pain and discomfort from other internal organs.
In addition, both these disorders can be accompanied by other neurological manifestations( numbness, tingling and lowering of the temperature of the limbs).
As you can see, the symptomatology is very similar to the manifestations of VSD, or more correctly - to somatoform dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.
3. And yet: VSD or osteochondrosis?
As we repeatedly wrote before, VSD is a neurosis, i.e.a disorder with psychogenic roots. It turns out that cervicothoracic osteochondrosis and autonomic dysfunction, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences.
Accordingly, the complexes of therapeutic measures in the first and second cases differ. When osteochondrosis, you need to treat the spine( for example, manual therapy, massages, exercise therapy), and with VSD - the nervous system, i.e.it is necessary, first of all, the help of a psychotherapist or a psychologist specializing in the correction of anxiety-phobic disorders, especially in a crisis current.
However, the situation is complicated when a person still has osteochondrosis.(And it is not difficult to do this: with radiography and MRI, pronounced degenerative changes of the spine are observed).But immediately the question arises: the symptoms of dizziness, derealization, headache, palpitation, etc., are the symptoms caused by osteochondrosis? Or osteochondrosis here is not to blame, but in all to blame vegeto-vascular dystonia?
The question has a full basis, t.in many people, osteochondrosis is present, but it occurs without severe disturbances from the autonomic nervous system( characteristic of NDCs), manifesting itself more in the form of pain sensations( when probing the problem areas - the neck, back, etc.), as well as the limitations of the motor functions. And we often see a picture that a patient who actually needs the help of a therapist is treated with osteochondrosis stubbornly and without success, and they can not understand why instead of improving there is an increase in symptoms, they are already manifested not in one but in a whole complex, in the form of attacks.
Thus, a proper understanding of the nature of the symptoms will avoid a waste of money, time and mental energy. Let's look at how to still determine where the VSD, and where - cervical osteochondrosis, so to speak, in "home conditions."Let's try to separate the flies from cutlets.
4. Differences in the symptoms of VSD and cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis
So, in order to choose the right treatment regimen, you need to at least approximately know what differ, at first glance, the similar symptoms of osteochondrosis and vegetative-vascular dystonia.
- With VSD there are pronounced disorders of the nervous system: panic attacks, fears, increased anxiety about health, etc. These manifestations are typical for hypochondria, as well as panic disorder, manifested as panic attacks and accompanied by various phobias, for example, agoraphobia.
- It is very important to understand under what conditions the first attack of dizziness, visual effects, pressure surges and other disturbing symptoms of occurred. One of the key reasons for the development of neurocirculatory dystonia is the stress accumulated over a certain period of time. Redeployment at work, weddings, funerals, divorce, the birth of a child, change of job or position - all this refers to strong stressors. The main reasons for the development of osteochondrosis include: spinal injuries, severe physical exertion, long spine in one position( in a state of tension).
- Further development of the disease .If you notice that the frequency of occurrence of peaks of discomfort increases with time, and you know that you are stably influenced by so-called "triggers" - the specific conditions under which the previous( especially the first) crisis arose. These triggers include cold, heat, stuffy rooms, a large crowd of people, etc.
- What are you treated for? In addition to( or even instead of) the treatment of osteochondrosis, do you take sedatives, tranquilizers? And they even bring a small effect? Well, let's not deceive ourselves - the problem is psychogenic.
Chest-chest osteochondrosis and VSD, in essence, are two different pathologies that can arise and manifest completely independently of each other. Although this does not exclude their simultaneous manifestation. In this case, one will aggravate the course of the other.
A good example of their simultaneous manifestation can be the case with one patient. She was diagnosed with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, but in addition, there were signs of agoraphobia( fear of leaving home unaccompanied by fear of being ill), expressed in fear of a panic attack during a trip in transport, andin large supermarkets during peak hours.
As a result of treatment( medical gymnastics, correction of the spine, etc.), there has been a clear improvement in pain, but the manifestations of neurosis, in the form of seizures, not only did not decrease, but, on the contrary, became more frequent. The reason for this was that the doctor did not treat panic disorder associated with osteochondrosis with agoraphobia. The latter developed and progressed.
What does this mean for diagnosing
The presence of similar symptoms indicates that a differential diagnosis of these pathologies is required. To confirm the diagnosis, osteochondrosis is used: radiography, computed tomography and MRI.
Diagnostics of the VSD is described in detail in our other articles, so we will not repeat it.
Significance for the treatment of
- Of course, the main role in the treatment is played by correct and timely diagnosis. In fact if at you VSD, and treatment of nonexistent osteochondrosis will be spent, it is possible to aggravate disease course, without receiving the timely help.
- During the treatment the doctor must take into account the presence of concomitant neuroses. When they are detected, treatment should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, by appropriate specialists.
- If the treatment of osteochondrosis with severe nervous manifestations is limited only to traditional methods( manual therapy, therapeutic gymnastics, etc.), the neurosis can not be removed, since disturbances in the activity of the nervous system can occur very quickly and not be removed even after the cause has been eliminated. An integrated approach and assistance of the therapist is needed.
- With the help of methods of psychotherapy, it is possible to accelerate the treatment of osteochondrosis even without neurological signs( for example, by the method of Ericksonian hypnosis used to treat psychosomatic disorders, increase immunity and many other diseases).
Any disease accompanied by disturbances in the nervous system is very difficult to treat if you do not take them into account in diagnosis and subsequent therapeutic procedures. It is possible and such an option, when the underlying disease is cured, and the accompanying neuroses remain, and often begin to progress. This is of particular importance in the treatment of vegetative dystonia in the presence of osteochondrosis of the cervical or cervicothoracic parts, tk.their symptoms are largely overlapping. This can lead to the development of a completely different, serious pathology of a psychogenic nature.
If the timely request for help with the VSD, a plan for psychotherapy will be developed, and after a short period of time, the first results will appear, life will acquire color.
With osteochondrosis comes the dystonia of the vegetative system, therefore, both diseases accompany each other. VSD and cervical osteochondrosis have common symptoms.
What is the relationship between the two diseases
What can connect the two seemingly completely different diseases of the VSD and osteochondrosis. In fact, there is a connection between them, and very close. The cervical-thoracic osteochondrosis and VSD lead to a common defeat. When osteochondrosis, the functionality of the joints and cartilage is disrupted, while the nerve endings of the vertebral artery or the vascular trunks passing through the canals on both sides of the main column of the spine are compressed, which inevitably leads to the development of dystonia, a violation of cerebral circulation.
The bony structure of the vertebrae begins to degenerate, muscles are spasmodic, they begin to press on the vertebral arteries, narrowing the lumen between them. Osteophytes begin to press on the walls of vertebral vessels, leading them to compression, symptoms of VSD manifest themselves.
Vascular walls begin to accumulate atherosclerotic deposits, which leads to severe pathology, severe consequences and irreversible processes. In addition, blood in the brain begins to flow in small quantities, develops hypoxia, atrophy of large centers of the vegetative system. The phenomenon is far from rare, especially in the elderly, complaining of pressure surges, dizziness, numbness of limbs, and headaches.
Spasms, muscle pains, curved vertebrae have a negative and irritating effect on the VSD, the activity of the nervous system fails. If you cure cervical osteochondrosis, signs of dystonia will pass. If it is not treated, the VSD can give complications.
Treatment of osteochondrosis is medically treated individually, massage, exercise complexes are additionally prescribed, in the treatment of the VSD it is important to put the nervous system in order.
Consideration of the causal relationship between the disease VSD and osteochondrosis, you need to start with the problems of the spine. Symptoms of the disease are similar. When osteochondrosis affects fibrous tissue between the vertebral disks, the nutritional process is disrupted, motor activity decreases. Also, with osteochondrosis:
- hurts the back;
- pain extends to the limbs, leads to a partial loss of sensation, numbness in the fingers, legs, a feeling of creepy crawling;
- , when the thoracic root is entrapped, intercostal neuralgia develops;
- innervates the trapezius muscle;
- there is a sharp pain when turning the head, in the shoulders.
According to the classification the symptoms are:
- digestive character, leading a person to heartburn, nausea, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea;
- respiratory character, which results in shortness of breath, lack of air, difficulty in breathing;
- neurological character, as a result of which a person becomes excessively irritable, overly emotional, sensitive to weather change.
In bad weather it starts to break joints, sleep is disturbed, feelings of anxiety and anxiety are manifested. Disturbed venous outflow leads to headaches, not associated with migraine, until the fainting, noise in the temples, there is depression, apathy. Together with the VSD, the blood pressure rises, sweating increases, the flushes to the limbs are felt, then the heat, then the cold, the temperature rises.
In severe cases, women have problems with menstruation, men complain of impotence.Back to the table of contents
Symptoms of vegetative vascular dystonia
The similarity of symptoms often leads to incorrect diagnosis. The symptomatology in the VSD directly depends on the organ in which the failure occurred.
- , the heartbeat is disturbed, it hurts in the region of the heart;
- the body temperature rises or falls;
- appears nausea, heartburn, vomiting, loose stools, which indicates the disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- blood circulation is disturbed, jumps venous or arterial pressure;
- quickens breathing, pulse, especially when lifting weights, there is a feeling of lack of air, difficulty in breathing;
- urination disrupted if the urogenital system is disturbed;
- makes you dizzy, sleep is disturbed, the person becomes irritable, nervous;
- there are pains in the region of the heart, with coughing, sneezing, walking, lifting weights;
- pain gives in the lower back, sacrum, legs, if lumbar osteochondrosis is observed.
Symptomatic in dystonia is diverse, it can be confused with completely different diseases.
Therefore, only a comprehensive diagnosis can give a correct assessment of existing symptoms, treatment will be aimed at eliminating exactly those disorders of the spine, which became the cause of the manifestation of the VSD.
Vegeto vascular dystonia occurs due to osteochondrosis, and this is the main, but not the only factor. VSD can also develop due to excess weight, hereditary factors, disorders of the endocrine system, hormonal failure.
The cervical osteochondrosis presents a special difficulty in the treatment, on the background of degeneration, dystrophy of the intervertebral discs, the disease rapidly progresses, leading to neuralgia.
Pathology increases with sedentary lifestyle, smoking, alcohol abuse, improper position during sleep, lack of physical activity. With minor movements, it begins to ache in the neck, in the spine, the muscles of the hands grow dumb and weak, the ears are noisy, the pain pushes into the head with sharp turns.
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = DZRlH48n_JM
Obesity contributes to the development of the VSD, the wrong sitting position leads to a curvature of the posture, and all this is just the beginning of more tangible problems. Over time, by the age of 35-40, the vertebral bone begins to weaken, and the VSD develops.
When faced with similar problems, fear begins to take hold of a person. It seems to him that when walking "storms", the gait is distorted. If along with these symptoms frequent headaches, malaise, high blood pressure, then postpone the trip to the doctor is nowhere further.
The failure of the vestibular apparatus is a serious signal for surgical treatment, leading to other diseases and irreversible consequences.Back to the table of contents
What is the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases
First you need to contact a neurologist. To establish the correct diagnosis, the internal organs are examined, various methods are used. A correct diagnosis can be made only in a combination of all the factors and results of the survey.
The treatment of vegetative dystonia takes into account the factors that led to its development. At dizziness, galloping pressure sedatives are prescribed, soothing( St. John's wort, valerian, hawthorn).
With neuralgia, tranquilizers, antidepressants are prescribed. To improve cerebral circulation - hypotensive drugs.
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = XFkYXRrVrDQ
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at stopping pain in the affected area. The disease is treated with medication, acupuncture, manual therapy, physioprocedures.
In chest osteochondrosis, it is necessary to reduce physical activity, establish sleep, regimen of the day, abandon bad habits, inadmissible force, lifting weights, overloading the spine.
Based on the above, we can conclude that the VSD and osteochondrosis are inseparable, it is possible to cope with dystonia only if its underlying cause, that is, osteochondrosis, is eliminated.
Not everyone likes to play sports, curative gymnastics, heal, prefers passive lifestyle, spends a lot of time sitting, afraid of difficulties, falling into depression, despair, disbelief in healing. Against the backdrop of apathy and fear, he tries to drown out the pain symptoms with pills, thus osteochondrosis does not go anywhere, with time progresses, sometimes making itself felt.
Exit, of course, you can from the vicious circle if you want, if you remove all the complexes and uncertainty aside and start an active struggle for your health. It is possible to defeat the disease only in this way and in no other way. Be healthy!
Causes of osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis appears against the background of processes of degeneration of cartilaginous and bone tissue, displacement and reduction of vertebral discs and increase in the size of osteophytes( outgrowths).In other words, the disk decreases in size and loses its elasticity, resulting in the squeezing of the arteries and nerve processes. In , an unseasonable or aching feeling of pain, heaviness in the spine, fatigue and aches in the limbs - these are the first symptoms of osteochondrosis.
In this case, the disease can be diagnosed in almost every joint of the human skeleton, but provoking the emergence of VSD is only possible in the vertebral area:
- In 50% is a disease of the lumbar spine experiencing the maximum load when walking and sitting;
- Thoracic and cervical osteochondrosis, which develops due to a long stay in the same non-human posture;
- The pathology of the neck and shoulder joints when the nerve endings and arteries are jammed when the head and neck are turned.
In this case, the symptoms characteristic of this type of disease, will worsen as the disease itself progresses.
Common signs and manifestations of pathologies
Consider the signs of the presence of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, which is the most approximate to vegetative-vascular dystonia. With the pathology of the bony system of the chest and neck, the following symptoms appear in patients:
- Headaches, when only a certain part of the head is affected;
- Stiffness of movements and painful sensations when turning the neck and head;
- "Drawing" pain in the upper limbs and shoulder joints.
As you can see, the first of the signs has both VSD and osteochondrosis. Moreover, migraines in diseases of the vascular system are characteristic during a sharp change in pressure and are accompanied by anemia, dizziness, impaired coordination.
In addition, osteochondrosis can cause spasm of the vertebral artery, which is also one of the indications for examination in the VSD. This syndrome is characterized by noise in the head and ears, dizziness and nausea, colorful spots and dark "flies" in the eyes. All these signs are equally possible in both osteochondrosis and VSD.
Cervical and thoracic spine, prone to pathology, provokes the appearance of intercostal neuralgia, intermittent and shortness of breath during rapid walking, pain in the area of the clavicle, scapula and ribs. The patient is characterized by such symptoms as numbness and tingling of the limbs, a violation of blood circulation and, as a consequence, a decrease in the temperature of the fingers and toes.
However, one can not ignore this, then vegeto-vascular dystonia is a disease associated with the disorder of the nervous system on a psychogenic basis. And therefore chest osteochondrosis and VSD are two independent diseases.
Differences in symptoms of
Having these similar signs, these two diseases, however, can be distinguished from each other. For example, with VSD, these manifestations occur against the background of disturbances in the work of the entire nervous system of the body - these are clearly expressed attacks of fear and panic, excessive suspiciousness and anxiety during periods of poor health. In this case, such symptoms can occur in people suffering from osteochondrosis, so it is necessary to pay very great attention to diagnosis and to conduct a thorough examination of autonomic dysfunction, and then undergo the necessary treatment.
Before you go to the clinic - remember when and in what situation you had the first attack of dizziness, weakness, or a sudden pressure jump. Whether it was accompanied by nervous disorders, stress, fatigue or, conversely, everything happened when the severity was lifted, after a spinal injury. This will allow the doctor to draw up a clear clinical picture and, on the background of the examination, give a valid answer about the presence of the disease.
Very often in the elderly, there are situations when a person has both ailments. The pronounced symptoms of one of them will give the basis to the specialist to decide how to get rid of the symptoms and what pathology to give preference in the first place. Choice is important, because neither one nor the other disease, in any case can not be ignored. Often the doctor without special results for years fights with cervical osteochondrosis, while vegetovascular dystonia progresses, causing the patient more and more trouble.
VSD and thoracic osteochondrosis are two independent diseases that do not exclude the simultaneous appearance of them in the body. In addition, it happens that one of the pathologies is an aggravating factor in the treatment of another. In these cases, the specialists, as a rule, devote most of their time to the problem, in their opinion, more serious and is the cause of the second.
When going through the examination in the clinic, do not be lazy to make an appointment with several specialists. Use with this MRI, X-ray, computed tomography, be sure to visit a neurologist. Listen to the opinions of specialists diagnosing the disease. Do not forget that in the early stages of getting rid of the disease is easier and easier, and therefore be sure to consult a doctor at the first malaises.