Back massage techniques for scoliosis of 1 and 2 degree in adults and children
Scoliosis massage is an additional method of treatment of pathology. It is used in conjunction with exercise therapy, manual therapy and other methods of treatment of curvature of the spine.
Types of massage procedures
Depending on the purpose of massage procedures can be divided into:
Therapeutic massage for scoliosis in children and adults is aimed at eliminating the pathological deformation of the vertebral axis in the lateral plane.
The preventive types include:
The positive effect of massage procedures in scoliosis is due to the stimulating effect on the central nervous system, the improvement of metabolic mechanisms in tissues, the improvement of the innervation of muscle tissue.
The use of therapeutic massage in scoliosis of the 2 nd degree is also due to the elimination of pathological impulses in the compression of the nerve roots( compression syndrome).Pain and muscle spasms are eliminated by reflexogenic influence on the centers of the brain.
Reflexology massage for scoliosis of 1 degree eliminates the dystrophic changes in tissues that arise due to the violation of blood supply.
Segmental massage effect on the skin contributes to the normalization of the functioning of the spine and internal organs, with which the active points of the area of action are functionally connected.
Depending on the object, the massage is divided into:
Separate species should be self-massage, as it is not carried out on the classical eve, but aimed at reflexogenic stimulation of active points of the trunk in order to improve metabolism and activate blood supply in the area of damage.
In therapeutic massage procedures, not only the surface active points are affected, but also proprioceptive receptors located in the deep layers of the skin are stimulated. As a result, capillaries expand reflexively, and local blood supply improves. At the same time, the vascular tone increases and the oxygen influx increases.
The main methods of therapeutic massage for scoliosis:
Stroking is divided into:
Superficial stroking is used mainly for analgesic action( pain syndrome elimination).Deep exposure leads to an increase in nervous excitability, so it is not used in the acute phase of the disease.
Rubbing and kneading are the leading methods of treating lateral curvature of the spine in the cervical section of 1 or 2 degrees. They are performed in the collar zone or on the shoulder girdle. With a strong pain syndrome kneading and rubbing can significantly reduce it and relax the muscle tissue.
In the curvature of the thoracic area, deep and shallow stroking, intermittent vibration and rubbing should be applied.
Vibration is a weak rhythmic blow with the edge of the palm of your hand or with your fingertips over a specific area of your back.
Frontal deformity of the lumbar spine requires deep stroking, strong kneading and vibration.
Features of segmental technology
Complex segmental stroking and kneading in the presence of lateral curvature of the spine is used in the presence of tunnel and muscular syndromes.
Tunnel syndrome - compression of anatomical structures in the anatomical vagina of ligaments during its inflammatory changes or contraction.
Muscle Syndrome is a spastic muscle contraction that occurs when their innervation is increased.
The scientific basis for the application of segmental effects on active points of the skin in scoliosis is that when pathological processes occur in the body, reflex changes occur in a number of lying organs. Such secondary changes also affect the primary pathological focus and lead to its increase. To prevent this vicious circle, a segmental effect on the reflex points of the skin is applied.
Segmental massage technique for scoliosis of 1 and 2 degrees:
- Gentle vibration - by the side of the palm of the hand in the area of pathological innervation.
- Indirect vibration - performed in specialized centers with the help of special equipment;
- Drilling - made 2-4 fingers with a shift and rubbing the skin;
- The pelvic concussion is performed with a lateral displacement of the vertebral column in the lumbar region with an angle of more than 11 degrees( 2nd degree).
The procedure for performing massage in children and adults
There is a certain procedure for carrying out massage procedures on the spine:
- They should begin with an effect on the segmented roots located at the point of their exit from the spinal column. For this, before carrying out the procedure, a thorough examination of the human condition and radiography should be carried out;
- The procedure should always start from the lower segments and only if the skeletal muscle tension disappears. Transition to higher departments is carried out only after careful influence on the lower region;
- When performing the manipulation, first remove the surface tension, and then move on to deeper areas. Children's massage is performed more gently than kneading muscles in adults;
- Segmental exposure should be conducted from the periphery to the center. In such a situation it is possible to provide complete relaxation of muscles and stimulation of blood supply to the skin;
- If there is pain syndrome in the limbs in scoliosis of 1 or 2 degrees, it is better to begin procedures with segmental action. At the same time, movements are carried out from the periphery to the heart.
If you do not have the opportunity to contact a good massage therapist, at home, you can self-massage the limbs and back. For this, it is better to master the eastern methods of influencing the reflexogenic points of the body.
Thus, the readers learned how to do massage in scoliosis in children and adults. True, it is better to entrust it to specialists, and at home you can self-massage yourself.
How to cure scoliosis with
massage At 1 st and 2 nd degree of scoliosis, a therapeutic massage is often used as a priority treatment method, especially in case of adolescent curvature of the spine. Its essence consists in the sequential massaging of superficial and deep muscles located along the entire surface of the back along the spine.
Back massage for scoliosis
However, the massage in scoliosis differs from ordinary strict differentiation with respect to those muscular areas that are directly in the patient in need of correction, the zone. Simply put, different types of massage are used for different muscles.
Therapeutic massage for scoliosis
How to do a therapeutic massage for scoliosis:
- First, you should carefully consider the nature of the scoliosis of the spine: on which side are the concavity and convexity of the curving arc.
- . From the side of curvature( muscle bulge), muscles are usually contracted and stretched, so they should be stretched and relaxed
- From the opposite( concave) side, the muscles, on the contrary, are relaxed - and they need to be reduced and toned
- It is also necessary to relieve unnecessary tension and tone relaxed pupilsStitches on chest, abdomen, buttocks, arms and legs. Treatment is performed in a single complex, since scoliosis causes changes in the entire locomotor system
. Therefore, they develop such a sequential treatment regimen:
- First, a superficial, intensive massage is performed to increase the tonus of the whole body.
- . Then, a gentle relaxing massage follows, which aims to relieve increased tension in local areas and improve muscle nutrition.
- . The third stage directly corrects the deformity of the spine through a long course of deep intensive massage,muscle groups. In this case all problem points and points are examined and additional selective in-depth massage methods
are applied. As you can see, massage with scoliosis of the spine is very difficult to do: it requires the participation of a professional masseur. But it may very well be that you decide to try your hand at this craft.
Types of massage and its technique
Before you start this kind of treatment, you need to thoroughly understand the effect on the muscles and the body as a whole of various types of massage.
I propose the following classification:
I. By the nature of the effect on the muscles
- Toning - leading the muscles into a state of stress and contraction:
- The patient is placed on a comfortable table, under the chest it is desirable to put a pillow or roller. Before the beginning of the procedure, we lubricate our hands with a special cream
- Smooth stroking movements in the direction from the waist to the shoulder blades warm up the back muscles
- Then bend the palm and in the same direction we spend with the phalanxes of the fingers and the palm part in effort, squeezing the body out. Repeat several times, including all parts of the back along the spine
- Next rub the surface of the skin: alternate the rectilinear and circular movements of the surfaces of the palms with "sawing" the ribs of the palms of the body alternately on each side of the spine. In the intervals between alternating strokes are applied, as in paragraph 1.
- Relaxing hands and patting on the back
- In conclusion - smooth strokes
- Relaxing - leads the muscles into a relaxing elongated state.
- Begin with superficial stroking
- Then slowly stroke, with squeezing, the edges of the palms diagonally - from right to left and from left to right
- Rinse first the sides, approaching the spine and coming back, then the shoulders and neck
- Stretch the skin, grasping it with your fingertips all over the back, bypassing the spine
- We repeat the same, but with the thumb
- Create a vibration starting from the waist up to the neck, continuous, by the method of easy touching with the fingertips
- Improving obmene substances and muscle nutrition. To this end, often use a special vacuum massage using medical cans, which treat colds. Lubricating the skin with the cream beforehand and placing the cans on it, move them on the back, simultaneously causing a rush of blood and massaging deep muscles. Improve metabolism, remember, this is an important second step in the treatment of scoliosis
III.By the nature of massage movements
Consider in the order in which the massage is usually performed.
Light, non-translucent skin movements in all directions, used both for muscle relaxation, if performed slowly, and for toning, if performed at a fast pace.
Types of stroking :
- Plane( palms straightened)
- Girth( arm in the form of gutters)
- Simultaneously with both hands
- Two hands in series
To visualize how the massage with stroking occurs, see the following video:
One of the basic techniques, reminiscent of stroking, but carried out with a shift of the skin( in front of the hand formed "wave"), strictly in the direction of the movement of blood and lymph, along the muscles. This method improves blood supply and improves muscle tone. There are several types of squeezing:
Additional views :
- with palm
- combed( surface of middle finger phalanges and palm base)
- cross-shaped( with both hands)
Skin shifting and stretching,carried out in a straight line, in a circular direction or in a spiral( basic views).
Combed, sawing, "crossing", etc.(additional types of rubbing areas, which should focus on)
Occurs when the body section is fixed, squeezed, squeezed and rolled. These movements are very similar to kneading dough. Mening is universal: it is used both to improve the tone, and for relaxation.
Kinds of kneading :
- with four fingers
- with thumbs
- with phalanxes of fingers
- with fists, etc.
Usually the final reception, the purpose of which is to bring the surface of the body and muscles into a vibrating state. It is carried out very simply: pat, beat, chop, use chiseled blows.
- Percussive intermittent - for toning
- Intermittent - for relaxation of muscles
Vibration affects almost the entire body, in this the effectiveness of the reception. But before applying it, you must follow simple rules:
- The hands of the massage therapist should be relaxed
- Shock methods not allowed in the heart and abdomen, with caution applied in the kidney area
All these types of massage are used to treat scoliosis.
Additional attributes of massage
Today there are a lot of various means for self-guided massage, so-called massagers, among them you can distinguish such basic:
- Roller, tape, in the form of cloaks on the backs of chairs
- Electric( manual, in the form of armchairs, etc.).)
Of course, they do not heal scoliosis itself, but
- Favorably affect the nervous system
- Reduce the pain and spasm of the muscles
- Accelerate blood circulation and increase the elasticity of the vessels
- Activates the movement of lymphexchange
substances And it's all in a single complex with the basic methods of treatment helps to achieve the desired effect
massage Contraindications for scoliosis
But it would be unfair to sing the praises alone, without telling about contraindications, which has a method of massage treatment. And there are a lot of them. Here is only a partial general list:
- Acute inflammatory and chronic diseases
- Acute inflammatory and chronic diseases
- Elevated temperature
- Active tuberculosis
- Venereal diseases
- Acute hepatic and renal failure
- Blood diseases
- Purulent, fungal, allergic skin diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases( myocardial infarction, heart failure, thrombosis)
- Acute illnesses of the mind
- Oncological diseases
Therefore, before doing a massage procedure, make sure that you do not haveAs these diseases, and if you find, then first of all, take care of their treatment.
I wish to defeat you this ailment - scoliosis!
In conclusion, watch the video: Therapeutic massage for scoliosis
Photo: scoliosis 3( left) and 4( right) degree
Massage with scoliosis I - IV st.is carried out as follows:
- bends in the frontal region of the spine;
- the back is visually divided into squares;
- the technique of influence on vertebral muscles is chosen, considering the degree of curvature;The
- massages the back, abdomen and chest area to strengthen the muscular corset.
It is carried out in 3 stages:
- Massage process( kneading, vibrations of various types, stretching, shearing, rubbing movements, percussion techniques).
- Relaxing stage( stroking, pressing and kneading methods).
Does manual therapy help in the treatment of scoliosis? Read in this article.
When a child's scoliosis is carried out according to a certain procedure:
- The child lies on his stomach. On the part of the thoracic department, the specialist performs relaxing movements( stroking, sedation and relaxing techniques).Then, rubbing and vibratory actions are performed in the zone of thoracic scoliosis, then - in the region of lumbar concavity.
- The child lies down on his left side. Here the masseur uses methods that allow you to pull the iliac crest on the right.
- The baby rolls over on the stomach. Massage continues in the lumbar region. Then, the subscapular zone is relaxed and stretched.
- The child lies on his back. Anterior thoracic mass is massaged.
- The massage session ends with strokes of the back and shoulder area.
Adelie Maxovna Chunts massage technique is very effective and widely used. Specially designed techniques take into account all the nuances of childhood scoliosis.
For lumbar scoliosis
Here the massage usually begins with stroking the entire entire back area.
Then the expert-masseur acts directly on the long back muscles( circular kneading, as well as the neck double, special flags annular / combined, performed only by bent fingers).Intercostal spaces are also massaged carefully.
In the loin area, the muscles are gently kneaded with a pad or sweat of the big toe only in a straight line;In this case, the sawing / crossing is used.
Massage ends, as a rule, with relaxing movements and easier pats on the entire dorsal surface.
With thoracic scoliosis
Usually, massage with breast scoliosis by specialists is assigned directly to relax the muscles and give the shoulder a natural position.
The masseur pulls the deformed shoulder so that it can take a symmetrical position to the adjacent shoulder. Then, only the muscles of the chest are affected( these are only ordinary techniques, special ring / combined kneading, as well as the double bar).
Absolutely all gaps between the ribs are gently massaged in a rectilinear / circular direction.
With s-shaped curvature
This type of massage affects the lower back and thoracic spine. It is produced according to the methods described above.
In the treatment of scoliosis, Thai massage techniques are used, the emphasis is on eliminating problems with mechanical techniques.
During the session the patient lies on the floor, his hands are wound behind his back, a pillow is placed under his shoulder.
The masseur is located next to the buttocks of the patient and performs soft pressing actions in the dorsal zone. Then the massage is subjected to the lumbar region.
Further the side part is massaged. Here, manipulations are performed by rotating the body of the masseur, excluding hands.
The last stage is stretching the arms and soft pressing movements on the sides of the body.
This massage method uses differentiated techniques of pressure on the back muscles( relaxing, toning and stretching).
Manipulations are performed with the dorsal muscles, as well as the abdomen, the entire chest area, the buttock zone and the limbs.
Video: differential massage
Manual massage refers to a class of medical procedures. His technique is now widely used in the treatment of diseases of the spine.
It includes a complex of mechanical effects on problem areas of the body. A good masseur usually uses kneading, stretching, vibrating movements and stroking.
Manual massage helps to restore the vertebral structure and throughput of blood vessels. Before the beginning of carrying out of such massage necessarily it is necessary to pass or take place full inspection.Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? Perhaps you will be interested in an article about osteochondrosis of the cervical department.
You can read the material about chest osteochondrosis here, and information about osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department can be found here.
Jar massage is a specific treatment procedure - a direct effect on the diseased organ is provided with a vacuum.
This massage enhances the process of blood and lymph circulation and actively feeds tissues.
It can be carried out at home. It is believed that this does not require special skills and knowledge.
As a rule, first the lumbar zone of the patient is rubbed and heated by massaging movements.
After, his back is treated with a regular Vaseline / massage oil or a fat baby cream. And only after all the oil has already absorbed, you need to take a medical jar, alcohol and tweezers.
Clean cotton swab dipped in alcohol and immediately ignited. A specialist masseur introduces tweezers with this burning tampon into the jar for 2 seconds, in order to create a vacuum and dilute the air. Then this jar is quickly installed on the patient's body.
At the next stage, the so-called rectilinear light cannon motions are already performed.
They are produced solely in the length of the spine.
You can perform not only rectilinear, but also circular, and various zigzag movements with a medical jar. Massage lasts 5-15 minutes, after which the can is removed, and the remaining oil is removed with a napkin.
Not in vain acupressure nowadays is increasingly used directly for the treatment of scoliosis. This method is connected with the general theory of point theory.
In our body, as is known, there are simply a huge number of points that are interrelated with certain organs. If the organ is healthy, the point on a particular site will be painless, and vice versa.
To cope with the disease, you need to know exactly the points on the body and their meaning.
Pressing with your fingertips on the painful point for 5 seconds helps to restore the performance of a particular organ.
For the treatment of scoliosis, points of "large vertebra", "curved pond" and "joint of bones" are used.
Acupressure requires specific knowledge and professionalism.
The course of any massage in adults and children is 10-20 days and depends on the degree of curvature of the spine. In a month or half a year the doctor prescribes a second course of medical massage.
In a year it is necessary to spend approximately 2-3 courses of individual massage procedures.
With a little longer or too often, the effectiveness of the massage is gradually reduced.
It should be borne in mind that with scoliosis, massage is performed in conjunction with exercise therapy. Physical exercises are selected individually and performed daily or several times in 7 days.
It is recommended to exercise physiotherapy and improve the condition of the spine to prevent the appearance of scoliosis in the future.
Professional and, of course, a therapeutic massage against scoliosis helps not only to eliminate back pain, but also has a very beneficial effect directly on the entire body.
Specialists recommend a therapeutic massage for any degree of scoliosis.
Regular massage procedures allow you to adjust the curvature of the spine and the whole body. In general, they perfectly strengthen muscles, increase blood circulation, reduce pain syndromes and feelings of chronic fatigue.
As a result of back massage:
- is gradually correcting vertebral curvature;
- relieve the pain.
One course of massage is not enough to eliminate scoliosis and alignment of the vertebrae.
It is necessary to pass a one-year course, together with other procedures( exercise therapy, physio procedures).
With properly selected techniques, you can permanently get rid of scoliosis. The main thing is not to delay this process, but in time to consult a doctor.
It is not recommended to do massage procedures on your own.
Massage is an important and effective component in the proper treatment of scoliosis. But, it's impossible to limit oneself to just one massage. But the combination of other methods and massage procedures will bring tangible benefits.
Spinal curvature requires an integrated approach and treatment. Massage with scoliosis helps reduce pressure on the back and relieve tension. However, massage sessions do not fully strengthen the muscular corset. They should be used in conjunction with other methods of treatment: regular exercise therapy, wearing a corset, traction therapy and medication. Curvature of the spine occurs for many reasons:
- incorrect posture;
- is an inflammatory process.
Major scoliosis degree
Doctors distinguish 4 degrees of disease. The degree is determined only by clinical examination and depends on the size of the curvature of the vertebrae from the straight axis. Massage in the curvature of the spine is performed by a specialist to relieve the tension of the vertebrae and at the same time tone the weakened muscles.
Curvature of the spine on a straight axis with a slight rotation of the vertebrae is considered a scoliosis of the 1st degree. This degree of disease is often diagnosed in children during the period of active growth of the body. The initial degree is easily adjusted by manual therapy and a set of exercises. To understand what basic techniques must necessarily use a specialist, look online massage with scoliosis in children video. Then you can more specifically imagine how the procedure is going. Sessions must be held at least once a week.
Receptions Shiatsu. Scoliosis 1 degree
Massage for scoliosis 1 degree includes the following basic techniques and techniques:
- Displacement of tissues along and across the muscles of the back. The specialist massages muscles, shifting them along or across the spine. When the muscles are massaged along the vertebrae, the right hand lies on the sacrum, and the left hand moves the tissues along the muscles. With the transverse stretching of the muscles, the hands lie on the side of the back that is farther from the masseur. With the help of the weight of his body, he slowly shifts the tissues, along the ridge making soft forward movements.
- Mutilation of the sacrum. One hand lies on the other, then the masseur makes circular movements from the rump counter-clockwise and back.
Scoliosis of the 2nd degree
This is a more serious stage of the disease. It can be seen on visual inspection. In the standing position of the arm along the body, the level of shoulder blades and shoulders differs markedly, the triangles of the waist on both sides of the spine are unevenly distinguished. Apparently there is a rotation of the vertebrae. Massage from scoliosis in combination with exercise therapy is one of the most effective methods of treatment. With right-sided scoliosis, the expert tones up the left side of the dorsal muscles, the left-sided correction is corrected by toning the right side of the dorsal muscles and relaxing the left side.
Scoliosis of the 3rd degree
It requires more serious treatment. The disease at this stage is amenable only if detected up to 11 years. The main feature is an obvious intercostal hump. The methods of treatment at this stage are chosen in each case individually. This can be inpatient treatment, surgery, manual and medicamental therapy. The sessions of massage with scoliosis in this case should take place taking into account all the nuances. More information can be gleaned from the Internet by watching a massage with scoliosis of the 3rd degree video. Since there are different methods of correction and treatment, the procedure is appointed exclusively by the attending physician.
Practice shows that a qualified and experienced specialist achieves significant improvements by conducting a massage, a 1 degree scoliosis in this case can disappear altogether.
Back massage for scoliosis: video lessons
The Internet provides a lot of useful information. At present, manual therapy is taught at various courses and trainings. More details about the training can be learned from the profile websites of your city. It will be useful for a specialist to view a massage with scoliosis video training to recall the nuances of performing massage techniques for scoliosis.
Scoliosis( from the Latin skoliosis curve) is a lateral curvature of the spinal column. This disease is congenital and acquired.
Congenital - is only 5% of all cases, the remaining 95% is a scoliosis acquired. Congenital scoliosis develops as a result of abnormal intrauterine development of the fetus( this may be an excess amount of vertebrae or ribs, fusion of transverse processes and their anomaly).
Acquired - develops as a result of incorrect posture, the habit of sitting or standing in the wrong posture. The disease most often progresses during a period of increased growth, i.e.in childhood or adolescence. Scoliosis massage is successfully used for treatment, but it is used in combination with other procedures: exercise therapy, physiotherapy, corsetotherapy, swimming, etc.
There are several classifications of this pathology. Scoliosis can be:
- by birth( congenital or acquired);
- in form, i.e.by the number of arcs of curvature( one, two or three, respectively, C-shaped, S-shaped or Z-shaped);
- at the site of localization( cervicothoracic, thoracic, chest-lumbar, lumbar and lumbosacral);
- for static function( balanced or unbalanced);
- for X-ray classification or angle of deviation in degrees( 1st degree - angle to 10, 2nd degree - 11-25, 3rd degree - 26-50, 4th degree - more than 50);
- in the course of clinical manifestations( progressive or non-progressive).
Massage action for scoliosis
Massage for pain in the back and scoliosis is aimed at relaxing the muscles that are in tension and toning the weakened ones. With the help of massage, the blood supply and movement of the lymph on the body improves, thereby improving the nutrition of the muscular tissue and ligamentous apparatus, as a result the movement of the synovial( joint) fluid becomes more active, the ligaments become more elastic. In addition, a back massage with scoliosis stimulates metabolism. Massage in combination with a special set of exercises aimed at strengthening and restoring the muscular corset, has a very beneficial effect in the treatment.
The main causes of childhood scoliosis can be:
- wearing a school bag on one shoulder;
- cerebral palsy( cerebral palsy);
- different length of legs, for the development of the disease enough even a 0.5 cm difference;
- muscular atrophy;
- tumor processes.
Massage for scoliosis in children gives the best results, especially if the disease was caught at the initial stage. Therefore, parents should follow the bearing of their children. Furniture in the children's room must be changed in accordance with the growth of the child. Scoliosis in a child is easier to prevent than after it is long and patiently treated. The main thing in time to notice the first signs of this disease, that is, to notice scoliosis of the first degree. These can be complaints of pain in the back or neck, fatigue and reduced performance. This is an excuse to see a doctor with an orthopedic surgeon.
Positive dynamics for recovery is given by a child's massage with scoliosis. Video with training the basic methods of massage can be found in the World Wide Web, but it is more appropriate to consult a specialist at least at the first stages of treatment. At your request, a competent masseur will tell you what exactly you need to pay attention to.
How to properly massage with children's scoliosis can be found in special courses. Later, parents can massage their child and themselves. The combination of gymnastics to strengthen the back muscles with a child's massage in scoliosis as a result of the child's further growth will allow to correct the already existing curvature with time. Parents of children who have been diagnosed with scoliosis should be patient.treatment of this disease process is lengthy and not always free. The child can perform the back massage with scoliosis on his own. Video training, how to do it right, can be found on special sites.
Massage in adults
The main causes of this disease in adults are osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia and tumor processes.
The initial stage of scoliosis is treated much easier if the deviation from the norm is only at the very beginning. Massage for scoliosis 1 degree for treatment is mandatory. It is carried out by courses, usually 2 courses a year. But before proceeding to treatment, it is necessary to find out the cause of the disease and eliminate it, otherwise it will progress. Strengthening the muscular framework is given special attention in combination with a massage in scoliosis. Videos of these exercises can be found on the Internet and perform their own at home or attend exercise classes and special groups in health centers.
Scoliosis of the thoracic region, according to statistics, is much more common than other localization. The earlier the diagnosis is made and the appropriate treatment is started, the more chances are that the restoration of the physiological posture will be successful. Massage with breast scoliosis allows you to restore blood flow and nutrition in the affected tissues.
It should be noted that the treatment of this disease is a long process, which requires patience and consistency.
Video training for massage in scoliosis:
Symptomatic S-shaped curvature of the spine
Scoliosis of the 2nd degree manifests itself in the following symptoms:
- The appearance of vertebral syndrome, due to pathological changes in the vertebrae and other elements of the musculoskeletal segment of the spine. In this case, there is a possibility of developing a compression syndrome caused by the infringement of nerve endings;
- The appearance of extravertebral symptomatology, formed due to displacements and disturbances of innervation in the area of internal organs. Most pathological disorders are observed in organs such as the heart, kidneys and intestines.
Treatment of progressive scoliosis
How to treat scoliosis of the 2nd degree without the use of surgical techniques? Are operations to strengthen and restore the spine effective? Treatment of scoliosis of the 2nd degree should be carried out under the supervision of an experienced specialist and include the following principles for the elimination of frontal displacement:
- Orthosis and conservative treatment that eliminates deformity;
- Correction of the spine axis, counteracting instability factors;
- Orthosis, stopping the process of deformation.
Based on the principles discussed, it becomes clear that the spinal column deformity is treated with the following technical elements:
- Remote structures used on the affected area;
- Orthopedic products providing compression;
- Differentiation between deformation value and corrective force.
Gymnastic exercises from scoliosis
LFK in scoliosis of 2 degrees is a very effective technique that relieves the disease. It is important that complex structural exercises be selected by an experienced specialist for each patient individually. Simple elements of gymnastic exercises can be performed daily independently without consulting a doctor, provided there is no pain syndrome.
High efficiency of exercise therapy is due to the load on the exhausted areas of symmetrical muscles. Gymnastics with scoliosis of the 2nd degree also helps to relieve tension from the area of over-strained muscular masses, which allows reaching balance in the spine. Each treatment exercise is aimed at strengthening the muscular corset supporting the spinal column, which provides a natural position of the back and facilitates the restoration of posture.
How to treat scoliosis with a massage?
Massage with scoliosis of the 2nd degree is, though a minor medical technique, but without it, complete restoration of curvature is impossible. After these procedures, blood circulation is increased and tension is removed from those muscles that are in tonus. After several massage sessions performed by a qualified specialist, the patient's condition improves significantly, especially if this type of effect is combined with a medical physical culture.
The most effective massage for S-shaped scoliosis, which is accompanied by a shift of the pelvic bone or intervertebral joints. Independently to conduct complex massage movements is not recommended, and simple even recommended.
Massage technique for self-treatment:
- Gentle vibrating - performed at the site of localization of pathological innervation and performed by the lateral parts of the palms;
- Drilling - displacement and grinding of the skin, carried out by 2 and 4 fingers;
- Concussion - performed with the lateral form of the spine in the lumbar region and implies a powerful but moderate impact on the affected area of the spine from the side opposite the bulge.
In the presence of pain syndrome to conduct therapeutic gymnastics and massage influence on the back area is not recommended. Before starting treatment in this way, you should consult a doctor who will recommend the correct approach to eliminate the ailment, which will significantly reduce the time spent on treatment. Scoliosis in childhood should be treated only under the supervision of a specialist, as self-medication can cause the transition of 2 degrees of disease in 3 or 4, which require surgical intervention.
We offer you to get acquainted with the selection of FREE courses and materials available at the moment:
- Free video lessons from a licensed physician for rehabilitation of pain in the lower back. The author of the lessons is a doctor who developed a unique method of recovery and treatment of all parts of the spine. The number of patients who have already managed to help with back and neck problems totals over 2000 !
- The 10 most essential nutrition components for the health of the entire spine - a report on this link will tell you what a daily diet should be for your spine and whole body to be healthy.
- Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? It is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with effective courses of cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without resorting to medication.