Application of vasodilator preparations for cervical osteochondrosis
Various groups of drugs are used to treat osteochondrosis. An important place among them is occupied by vasodilators. We will try to understand what they are assigned for, which ones are used most often.
Why do you need vascular tools
In the cervical spine are vessels. The most important of these are vertebral arteries that deliver blood to the posterior regions of the brain. Here is the cerebellum, which is responsible for the balance and coordination of movements. In the brain stem are: respiratory and vasomotor centers, nuclei of cranial nerves and other important structures that regulate various functions of the body.
Vertebral arteries nourish the occipital lobe in which visual information is processed, as well as part of the temporal lobes responsible for perception of sounds, taste and olfactory sensations. The inner ear, where the vestibular apparatus is located, regulating the position of the body in space, receives blood from the same source. Therefore, when the blood supply to these parts of the brain is impaired, characteristic clinical manifestations appear: headache, tinnitus, dizziness, impaired coordination of movement, nausea, vomiting, visual and auditory disorders. In severe cases, the emergence of a clinic for ischemic stroke.
All vascular drugs act on the vessel wall and blood cells
In osteochondrosis, pain syndrome can lead to reflex vascular spasm. Bony outgrowths formed on vertebrae can directly pinch the vertebral artery or irritate the nerve plexus surrounding this vessel, which leads to its narrowing. Therefore, to improve cerebral circulation using vasodilator drugs.
Means for improving blood circulation
Cervical osteochondrosis uses certain medications. The doctor prescribes therapy after he has established the diagnosis. Without consulting a specialist, treatment is not just harmful, but also dangerous for health.
Its second name is better known - Euphyllinum. Has a direct relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the vessels. It prevents thrombosis, improves microcirculation. Can be used intravenously, intramuscularly and in tablets.
Often when the vertebrae and discs in the neck region change, electrophoresis with euphyllin is applied, as a result, the muscles relax, which is accompanied by a reduction in the pain syndrome. Improves local blood circulation.
The drug is prescribed strictly on the advice of a doctor, as it has serious side effects: rhythm disturbances, a sharp decrease in pressure, convulsions, pain in the heart, dizziness and a host of other unpleasant symptoms.
Most often, in the pathology of the vessels of the neck, Trental is used. In addition to eliminating vascular spasm, pentoxifylline affects the coagulation function: inhibits platelet clumping and reduces the viscosity of the blood. This leads to improved microcirculation in areas with impaired blood circulation.
The drug can be used intravenously drip, as well as in the form of tablets. Of the side effects are often manifested: hypotension, tachycardia, arrhythmias, pain in the heart, headaches, dizziness, dyspeptic disorders, changes in the cellular composition of the blood.
Trental - a preparation on the basis of pentoxifylline
Vitamin PP extends mainly small vessels, including the brain, thereby improving blood circulation. Has anticoagulant effect, lowers cholesterol. The drug is mainly administered intramuscularly, rarely - intravenously.
Undesirable reactions appear almost immediately: reddening of the face, upper body, feeling of tidal flow to the head. Dizziness and sensitivity in the extremities are possible. These phenomena quickly pass.
The company name is Stugeron. This medicine has a direct effect on the wall of the vessels, which leads to an increase in their lumen. Improves regional blood flow, reduces blood viscosity. The drug has almost no effect on the heart and pressure. Lowers the tone of the sympathetic nervous system.
Is available only in tablets for oral administration. Usually well tolerated. Most often, dry mouth, dyspepsia, and possible tremor of the extremities.
Vascular agents with neuroprotective action
Another well-known name is Cavinton. When osteochondrosis, the neck is appointed quite often. This drug helps to reduce vascular tone, but it does not have a significant effect on systemic blood pressure and heart function. It enhances the blood supply mainly to those parts of the brain where it is disturbed.
Cavinton - a popular drug based on vinpocetine
The second important point is the improvement of the rheological properties of the blood. Its viscosity, ability of platelets to aggregation decreases. There is a positive effect on erythrocytes, which easily penetrate into small capillaries and deliver oxygen to all cells of the body. Vinpocetine activates metabolic processes in the brain, increases resistance to hypoxia. It is an antioxidant and neuroprotective agent.
Used for intravenous infusion. Tablets are taken orally. Side effects are rare, but there are: dizziness, headache, fluctuations in blood pressure, arrhythmias.
PiracetamWe advise you to read: Why is the head spinning with cervical osteochondrosis?
This active substance is also found under other names: Lucetam, Nootropil. Refers to nootropics. But, in addition to improving thought processes, piracetam intensifies microcirculation. By reducing the aggregation properties of platelets and increasing the elasticity of erythrocyte membranes, blood circulation in small vessels increases, and this leads to an increase in blood flow in the ischemic areas of the brain. Is a neuroprotective agent.
Is available as a solution for intramuscular and intravenous injections, capsules, and tablets. The dose of medicine and the way of administration are chosen by the doctor. There are few side effects: dizziness, headache, drowsiness, changes in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting and some others.
These preparations are convenient to use, as the number of tablets taken is reduced, and the effectiveness of the agents is preserved. The combination of cinnarizine with pyracetam - Fezam and Omaron - has proved to be very successful. Both drugs are released in capsules.
Thus, with pathological changes of the spine in the neck region, the agents that dilate the vessels and improve the cerebral circulation play an important role, preventing serious complications. But treatment should be carried out for a long time under the supervision of a specialist. Otherwise, time and finances will be wasted.
Which vasodilator drugs are used for osteochondrosis
In osteochondrosis, it is important not only to combat pain symptoms, but also to create normal blood circulation in the diseased area. After all, with the irritation of the nerves and muscles, not only radicular or myofascial syndrome arises - the lumen in the blood vessels also narrows. This can not but affect intracellular metabolism. Therefore, vasodilator drugs for osteochondrosis are very important.
Vasodilator drugs restores microcirculation in cells and promotes bone tissue regeneration
Selection of vasodilators for osteochondrosis
What happens with vasospasms?
- Due to lack of oxygen and essential elements, tissue nutrition is disrupted, and stagnant phenomena begin in them.
- Internal dysfunction of internal organs begins
- Violated also reverse venous outflow, which can lead to puffiness of the extremities, for example, in lumbosacral osteochondrosis
Vasodilators are of two types:
- Neurotropic, acting on vessels through nerve impulses
- Myotropic - on musculature of vessel walls
The use of such a means literally inhales air into depleted cells:
- Microcirculation is restored in them
- Elimination of stagnation, restoration of intracellularprecise metabolism contribute to the regeneration of bone tissue
Which vasodilator drugs are usually prescribed
Assign the following vasodilator preparations for osteochondrosis:
Examples of the most popular vasodilators for cervical osteochondrosis
- Euphyllin is an antispasmodic drug.
Euphyllin is also used in electrophoresis and as a means to improve the cerebral and peripheral circulation.
- Trental( pentoxifylline) is a tool for improving microcirculation in tissues.
- Nicotinic acid - vitamins B3, PP .
In addition to vasodilating action, these vitamins
- participate in oxidative cellular processes
- accelerate the metabolism of fats, amino acids and proteins
- reduce the concentration of cholesterol and lipoproteins
- prevent the formation of thrombi
- Lipoic acid is also a vitamin-containing drug that is often prescribed in parallel with nicotinic acid.
- Has antioxidant properties
- Regulates carbohydrate, lipid, cholesterol metabolism
- Reduces blood glucose concentration and has hepatoprotective properties, which allows it to be used in diabetes, liver patients, and also in combination with medications with side effects
Lipoic acid is included incomposition of complex multivitamins, for example, Compliwita
Vasodilator preparations for cervical osteochondrosis
Vasodilator drugs are especially importantth osteochondrosis, because as a result of spasm of the vertebral artery, hypoxia of the brain and ischemic symptoms are observed. This leads to the death of brain cells and the deterioration of the brain activity of
. Clinically, such phenomena manifest themselves in the form:
- Dizziness accompanied by nausea and vomiting
- Chronic insomnia
- Disturbances in memory and operability
- Increased anxiety or apathy
- Personal changes
Among drugs prescribed for cervical osteochondrosis,the following are distinguished:
Vasodilators for cervical osteochondrosis are especially important due to brain hypoxia and ischemic symptoms of
- Actovegin is a biogenic type stimulant that accelerates intracellular metabolism and regenerates brain cells.
- The drug is prescribed not only for acute disorders of cerebral circulation, but also for venous congestion in the lower limbs and varicose veins.
- Piracetam is a nootropic agent that improves regional blood circulation in ischemic areas of the brain.
- Used in the treatment of neurological and psychiatric symptoms
- It is believed that the drug contributes to recovery after a stroke
- Stugeron( cinnarizine) - a kind of antispasmodic for the muscles of the arteries and blood vessels of the brain.
The spasm is removed by blocking the channels through which calcium is supplied by the .
- Circulatory encephalopathy( cerebral blood flow insufficiency) due to vertebral artery syndrome
- Ischemic stroke
- Cerebral atherosclerosis
- TBT( craniocerebral trauma)
- Cavinton( vinpocetine) is another cerebral circulation corrector.
Assigned to various cerebral, visual and auditory disorders :
- Extrapyramidal movement disorders
- Occlusal retinal diseases
- Noise effects and hearing loss
- Speech disorders
- Atherosclerosis, etc.
- Euphyllin or pentoxifylline should also be used for cervical osteochondrosis for enlargementvessels
- With intracranial hypertension and hydrocephalus syndrome prescribe diuretics, for example, acetazolamide
Do not overusevasodilator funds
Do not take all the known vasodilator drugs at the same time. The independent choice of a medicine in such a delicate sphere as blood vessels and the brain can be dangerous. The doctor, based on your diagnosis and symptoms, should write out the necessary funds
. Not all doctors have a clear view of vasodilators. Apparently, this is due to the fact that any extreme is dangerous, and we should not forget that the vasodilator drugs:
- are calcium antagonists, that is, in simple terms, remove it from the body
- result in the so-called "robbery effect"when, instead of improving the blood supply of the ischemic site with atherosclerotic plaques, the healthy blood vessels
expand and are better supplied. Thus, the therapeutic effect of atherosclerosis is exaggerated, and rely on vasodilation as basicallye treatment for ischemia and atherosclerosis is still not worth the .
It is not recommended to take vasodilator drugs for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Do not focus only on taking medications alone. The best way to improve blood circulation in blood vessels and metabolism is always at your fingertips, and this is gymnastics.
Video: About vasodilators
Preparations improving cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis
The severity of these manifestations directly depends on the degree of lesion of the spinal column in the cervical region.
Why does the NKGM occur in osteochondrosis of the neck?
In the bony canals that are formed by the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae, the paired vertebral artery passes. She is responsible for the blood supply of the cervical spinal cord and almost a third of the brain structures.
In the formation of osteochondrosis of the neck, pathological changes occur in the intervertebral disc and, in fact, the cervical vertebrae. All these changes directly affect the state of the vessels.
What happens to the vessels?
There are two main types of influence of the altered spine on the state of blood vessels and cerebral circulation.
- Irritation of the nervous regulation of the vascular wall. This causes a spasm of blood vessels and narrowing of their lumen.
- Direct mechanical compression( compression) of vessels with altered bone structures of the vertebrae. Often occurs when the head turns, long uncomfortable position of the neck.
All these changes, regardless of their origin, cause a violation of the blood supply to the brain tissue. At the same time, their oxygen starvation occurs, the supply of nutrients is disturbed. Of course, these conditions require medical correction.
Principles of drug therapy for NKM and osteochondrosis of the neck
In the treatment of cerebral circulation disorders in osteochondrosis of the neck, several goals must be achieved:
- To widen the lumen of the narrowed vessels.
- Restore brain function by enriching with oxygen.
- Improve blood flow in blood vessels by diluting blood.
- Restore the health of the spine in the cervical region.
All these activities are carried out in a complex manner. And now we will consider in more detail which medications are used to achieve each of the goals.
Vasodilators for osteochondrosis of the neck can be divided into several groups according to the mechanism of action. Some can directly affect the muscular elements of the vascular wall, others can affect the nervous regulation of the vascular tone. And the effect on nervous regulation can occur both at the central level( the brain and spinal cord), and on the peripheral - directly in the vessel.
In addition to directly affecting the tone of blood vessels, vasodilators have a number of advantages. The main one is a positive effect on the metabolism( metabolism) of the brain.
Of the entire abundance of the range of vasodilator drugs most commonly used in NKGM: euphyllin, pentoxifylline, xanthinal nicotinate, vinpocetine and others. Let's dwell on them in more detail.
Affects directly to the smooth muscles of the vessels, that is, it is an antispasmodic( suppresses muscular spasm).Due to this action is able to significantly improve the peripheral and cerebral circulation. Often used with the help of electrophoresis.
Causes an increase in blood flow in the microcirculatory bed. Improves rheological properties of blood( viscosity and fluidity).Has an indirect vasodilating property.
Relaxes the muscular wall of the vessels of the brain, increases the blood circulation of the affected areas of it. Improves the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the brain tissues.
Vinpocetine has an antioxidant property, reduces the viscosity of the blood. It increases the resistance of brain tissue to hypoxia( oxygen starvation).
Causes the dilatation of peripheral blood vessels and enhances microcirculation. Improves blood circulation of the brain. Reduces the manifestations of cerebral( cerebral) hypoxia. And also improves metabolic processes( metabolism) in brain tissue.
According to the research, the greatest therapeutic effect is achieved by the combination of vasodilator drugs with antiaggregants - a means that improve the viscosity of the blood.
These drugs include: acetylsalicylic acid, dipyridamole, clopidogrel and others.
Nootropic means of
In the case of NCGM, the use of nootropics is mandatory. These drugs affect the higher functions of the brain.
The spectrum of their action is quite wide. They are used to improve memory, facilitate the learning process, to stimulate intellectual activity. And also to increase the resistance of the brain to damaging factors, for example, hypoxia.
The most commonly used drugs of this group are: piracetam, cinnarizine, vinpocetine, gopanthenic acid and many others.
Is the very first drug of this group. Has low toxicity. Has a positive effect on the rheological properties of blood, has an antithrombotic effect.
Characterized by neuroprotective action - protects brain tissue from the effects of unfavorable factors.
Reduces the tone of the smooth muscle vessels, due to this has a vasodilating effect. Increases tissue resistance to hypoxia. Reduces the viscosity of the blood.
Well-proven drugs that have a combined composition. The most common combination of piracetam and cinnarizine.
The combined effect of these drugs enhances the positive effects of each other.
Other means that improve cerebral circulation
It should be remembered that the progression of pathological changes in the cervical spine with osteochondrosis may be the reason for the ineffectiveness of drug therapy. That is why when treating disorders of cerebral circulation, it is necessary to carry out parallel measures aimed at restoring health in the vertebrae of the neck affected by osteochondrosis.
To this end, chondroprotectors are used - drugs that improve metabolic processes in cartilage.
Non-pharmacological agents widely used massage, physiotherapy, exercise therapy, manual therapy and other methods of treatment.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the appointment of treatment should only doctor - specialist in diseases of the spine.
The osteochondrosis of the spine is a destructive degenerative lesion of the intervertebral discs due to impaired glycosaminoglycan metabolism, characterized by destruction of the pulposal disk nucleus and the development of various complications. The disease affects all parts of the spine: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral. Cervical osteochondrosis is characterized, to a greater extent, by pain syndrome and vascular disorders. Treatment of cerebral circulation disorders in cervical osteochondrosis is complex and includes surgical, medicamentous and non-drug therapies.
Pathogenesis of cerebral circulation disorders in cervical osteochondrosis
Vascular disorders are based on two main factors: compression of the vessels of the spinal cord( in particular, vertebral and basilar arteries) and the defeat of the vasomotor center located in the medulla oblongata.
Vessel compression in osteochondrosis is usually caused by the development of disc protrusion, intervertebral hernia and the appearance of osteophytes( bone spines).With gradual squeezing above the indicated vessels, which supply blood to the spinal cord and brain, blood circulation is compensated for by the developed collaterals. With acute compression may develop a picture of ischemic stroke of the brain.
The defeat of the vasomotor center causes a violation of the innervation of the entire circulatory system, including the cerebral system. Violated the tone of the vessels, thickens their inner shell, there is a paresis of the microcirculation system, resulting in a slowed metabolism.
Clinical picture of vascular disorders in this pathology
Stages of vascular blood flow disturbance:
- Initial ( stage of discirculatory encephalopathy) - patients at this stage usually complain of dizziness, headache, decreased attention, tinnitus, gait unsteadiness, fatigue, sleep disturbance. At the examination the doctor reveals small manifestations of pvdobulbar and spastic-atrophic syndrome.
- Subcompensations of ( stage of pronounced neurological changes) - patients develop significant impairment of mental activity( memory deterioration, thinking disability, ability to control actions and speech decreases, emotional lability, apathy, inhibition develops), slowing of all mental processes, violation of walking and vestibular apparatus(nausea, vomiting, dizziness), pseudobulbar, bulbar, amyotrafic and spastic-atrophic syndromes.
- Decompensation of ( stage of irreversible changes in the central nervous system) - at this stage the symptoms of the disease reach their apogee. Such patients can no longer self-service and need constant care.
Diagnosis of vascular disorders in cervical osteochondrosis
Ultrasound examination of cerebral vessels
The main methods that detect cerebral circulation disorders are:
- CT using intravenous contrast;
- MRI and MR angiography;
- Ultrasound examination with dopplerography of the main vessels of the brain and spinal cord.
Treatment of cerebral circulation disorders in cervical osteochondrosis
Treatment of this syndrome depends primarily on the cause of the syndrome that caused it, whether it is the prolapse of the disc or its complete rupture, and is aimed at improving the blood supply to the brain in cervical osteochondrosis.
Surgical treatment is aimed at radical elimination of the cause of the disease, it is indicated for acute disorders of cerebral circulation, severe pain syndrome, the appearance of paralysis of the upper limb, the development of cerebral edema.
Surgical intervention consists in excision of the affected intervertebral disc( laminectomy), restoration of blood flow through the vertebral and basilar arteries;If necessary, the angioplasty of these vessels is performed.
- Antiagreganty and drugs that improve blood microcirculation - acetylsalicylic acid, clopidogrel, dipyridamole, pentoxifylline, quarantil, tiotriazoline;
- Diuretics and osmodiuretics - are indicated in the acute development process, contribute to the reduction of cerebral edema( manitis, furasemide);
- Antioxidants - drugs that reduce lipid peroxidation and the destruction of nerve cell membranes( vitamin E, mexidol);
- Neuroleptics - this group of drugs causes antiemetic and sedative effect, reduces the degree of cognitive impairment, emotional disorders( aminazine, etaperazin);
- Tranquilizers - depress the emotional manifestations of disorders of cerebral circulation, improve sleep, reduce apathy, depression( seduxen, afobazol, meprobinate, fenozepam);
- Anti-hypertensive drugs central action( cardura, physiotherosis, reserpine) - effectively reduce pressure in the system of cerebral blood supply, reduce cerebral edema;
- Low molecular weight dextrans - promote blood thinning( hemodilution) and improve cerebral blood flow( rheopolyglucin);
- Calcium channel blockers ( cinnarizine, stugeron) - prevent the entry of calcium ions into the nerve cell, thereby improving metabolic processes in it, increase the resistance of neurons to ischemic conditions, eliminate spasm of cerebral vessels;
- Nootropic drugs - improve metabolic processes in the brain, restore thinking, memory, speech, help the brain to carry ischemia and hypoxia easier( piracetam, fesam, citicoline, ceraxone, cerebrolysin);
- Vasoactive substances - expand the vessels of the brain, improve the cerebral blood flow and rheological properties of blood, the outflow of venous blood, interfere with the aggregation of red blood cells and platelets( cavinton, vinpocetine, ginkgo biloba, tanakan);
- Histaminergic drugs are synthetic analogues of the histamine mediator, activate histamine receptors in the inner ear, reduce the manifestations of vestibular disorders( dizziness, unsteadiness of the gait), promote better electrical impulses along nerve fibers( betagistin, betaserk, vestibo);
- Venotoniki - improve intracranial flow of venous blood, restore blood circulation in microcirculatory system, have angioprotective action( phlebodia, diosmin, detralex);
- Complexes of vitamins - improve metabolic and energy processes in nerve cells, reduce brain hypoxia, promote the restoration of cognitive functions( cytoflavin, milgamma, neurobeks).
Non-pharmacological methods of treatment are general prophylactic, shown to patients with cervical osteochondrosis during remission of the disease. They include:
- Changes in lifestyle - first of all, refusal from smoking and drinking alcohol, control of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, compensation of diabetes, diet, weight loss, reduction in sitting time, increased physical activity;
- Medical gymnastics, including a set of specially selected exercises, morning exercises, dosed walking, running;
- Swimming, yoga, pilates;
- Massage - classical, point, vibrating and so on.
The brain is powered by supplying it with blood through the spinal cord, as well as veins that are spaced from the aorta, and a small network of vessels and capillaries around the cervical spine. When the disease progresses, the spinal cord is compressed by mixed discs or hernias formed by rupturing the fibrous ring. In addition, a slow flow of blood in the artery, gives a signal to the vasomotor center, which leads to the release of enzymes that expand the secondary veins to compensate for cerebral circulation by developing collaterals.
Disturbance of blood circulation in the brain and spinal cord with cervical osteochondrosis promotes bleeding( ischemia) of some of its sites, as well as impaired innervation of spinal cord processes.
Delayed blood flow through the vessels helps to reduce their tone, thicken the walls, and break the capillaries, which in turn aggravates the metabolic problem in cervical osteochondrosis, since the nutrition of the intervertebral discs decreases.
Treatment for cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at vasodilation, restoration of cerebral circulation.
As the deformation of the discs progresses with cervical osteochondrosis, the compression feels both the main and peripheral blood vessels, and the nervous branches. The patient may experience the following symptoms:
- If there is a violation of the blood supply of the vestibular apparatus, noise or ringing in the ears arises. Over time, ischemia leads to hearing impairment and a partial loss of hearing.
- Imbalance. Such symptoms occur against the background of insufficient blood supply to the middle ear, which leads to imbalance in coordination of movements and loss of landmarks in space for a short period of time, which can be accompanied by involuntary movement of the pupils. Dizziness and a feeling of leaving land from under your feet, cause a panic attack.
- Disturbance of innervation of the lungs and partial spasm of bronchial tubes on exhalation lead to oxygen starvation and further aggravate the symptoms of cerebral circulation disorders.
- Difficulty breathing often causes snoring, as well as sleep disorders. A person wakes up not rested, there may be chronic fatigue.
- Disturbances in the supply of blood, and therefore oxygen, to the hypothalamus and middle ear cause a nausea, sometimes accompanied by vomiting. Symptoms stop as soon as the patient is in a well-ventilated area or in an open area with clean air.
- Visual impairment associated with poor blood flow to the lens is accompanied by symptoms of image blurring, the appearance of flies in front of the eyes. Over time, such a dysfunction of the visual analyzer progresses and there is astigmatism.
- Increased blood pressure. When the vertebral artery is squeezed, the brain suffers from a shortage of oxygen coming from the blood in some of its areas, the symptoms of which have been described above. The artery lumen narrows - blood pressure rises. In this case, the signal enters the center of the blood supply and the expansion of some secondary veins that perform blood supply to the brain, due to the isolation of the enzyme, and the pressure is normalized.
- Intracranial pressure. In cervical osteochondrosis, the lumen of the cervical vertebrae narrows, as a result of which the circulation of the cerebrospinal fluid between the spinal cord and the brain is disturbed. Deficiency of fluid surrounding and feeding the brain leads to an increase in intracranial pressure, the symptoms of which are headaches, pressure on the eyeballs, tinnitus.
- Fainting. As a result of spasm of the artery, a temporary disabling of the brain occurs, which is accompanied by loss of consciousness.
With cervical osteochondrosis, symptoms do not always occur simultaneously, sometimes it looks like weakness, sleep disturbance, dizziness, which the patient does not immediately identify with spine disease. As the disease progresses, new symptoms arise, the intensity of their manifestations increases. Only timely diagnosis to ensure proper treatment.
Progression of the disease
If there is no treatment or the methods of eliminating the compression of the blood supply system are irrelevant, the clinical picture is aggravated, irreversible changes in the body are possible. There are three stages of the disease:
- Initial. From time to time, there are symptoms of insufficient supply of blood in some areas of the brain - dizziness, fatigue, sleep disturbances. The treatment is aimed at eliminating the root cause of the arterial infringement, as well as on the removal of symptoms.
- The second stage. Loss of coordination of movements, memory impairment, mental disorders, depression, sleep disturbances.
- Third stage. Irreversible changes in the central nervous system, partial paralysis.
Methods of treatment
In cervical osteochondrosis, as with the development of the disease in other parts of the spine, treatment includes the removal of symptoms to improve the patient's condition, and also the main thing is the regeneration of the intervertebral discs.
Both in the first and in the second case, the treatment is complex and consists of the following items:
- Drugs taken before the following tasks: normalization, pressure, removal of muscle spasm, elimination of spasms of the cerebral vessels, dilution of blood, muscle tone increase, improvementmetabolic processes for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue, anesthesia in the acute period of the course of the disease.
- Physiotherapy, which is able during the period of remission to improve the flow of blood to the spine, thereby feeding and restoring the tissue structure. Daily exercises of exercise therapy contribute to strengthening of the muscular corset of the back and smoothing of the osteophytes.
- Change in lifestyle, rejection of bad habits, weight normalization.
- Hirudotherapy. Treatment with medical leeches, in which the outflow of stagnant blood is carried out, stimulation of active points, restoration of blood supply to soft tissues.
All these methods contribute to slowing the progression of the disease, as well as normalization of metabolic processes and removal of the syndrome of vascular compression.
Vascular preparations for osteochondrosis of the cervical and lumbar parts of the
For what purposes are the means used to dilate the vessels?
In osteochondrosis, which is accompanied by a pathological violation of the intervertebral joints, inflammation and edema of the tissues are observed. The factors presented are not the least important in the formation of severe pain of varying intensity. This process begins to affect sympathetic nerve fibers.
Example of a healthy and narrowed artery
Pulses coming to the blood vessels begin to lose strength and weaken. The result of such processes is spasm of blood vessels, their lumen decreases, blood supply disorders occur, oxygen deficiency appears, metabolic processes in tissues proceed very slowly.
To avoid such a situation, the doctor appoints vasodilator drugs for osteochondrosis in the patient with the presented disease. Their work is to improve microcirculation in the focus of the disease, stagnant processes are eliminated, metabolic processes return to normal, the number of nerve impulses increases, and the regeneration process is stimulated.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
Effective means for osteochondrosis
On the shelves of pharmacies you can see a wide range of drugs that have the necessary effect on the body during osteochondrosis. The most effective tools include:
- Trental should be attributed to drugs that significantly improve the rheological properties and microcirculation of blood. It has an indirect vasodilating effect. Assign Trental in the violation of blood circulation of various localizations.
- Eufillin. Such a drug, like Euphyllin, should be attributed to the preparations of the bronchodilator group. Also, Eufilin has an antispasmodic effect, it can greatly improve the cerebral and peripheral blood circulation. It is on this basis that people who have various neurological diseases, for example, osteochondrosis, use the Euphyllin. Eufillin is an indispensable tool for electrophoresis. This procedure has a restorative effect on microcirculation and trophic processes occurring in the intervertebral cartilage. Take Eufillin can only after approval of the doctor.
- Berlition is prescribed to improve the recovery effect. The presented medicament increases the speed of endoneural blood flow, and also has a restoring effect on the energy processes in the nerve and contributes to the normalization of the functioning of the neurovascular bundles relative to the internal organs. Berlition positively affects the trophic processes in neurons, exerts an expanding effect on blood vessels, and also has a restorative effect.
- Xanthinal nicotinate also refers to a group of drugs that actively dilate blood vessels. It positively affects microcirculation, and is also characterized by antiaggregatory activity. The drug increases peripheral vessels and positively affects oxygenation, metabolic processes in the tissues and collateral circulation.
- Actovegin boasts a variety of different nutrients contained in its composition. Actovegin not only normalizes the tone of the vessels, but also restores all the metabolic processes taking place in them. The effect of the drug has a pronounced drug effect, which is associated with the process of restoring the altered blood circulation and the formation of collaterals( bypassing the blood flow, providing inflow and outflow of blood, when the main vessel is compressed).
Cervical osteochondrosis and applied medicines
When a cervical osteochondrosis is found in a person, the blood system breaks down first, because with this disease a persistent spasm of the vertebral arteries is observed. These arteries play an important role in the vertebrobasilar circulation. The patient is visited by frequent pain in the head, dizziness, a feeling of nausea, fatigue, general weakness, impaired movement.
Based on this, the treatment regimens of the presented disease always involve drugs whose effect significantly improves cerebral circulation. To such medicines should be attributed Vinpocetine, Piracetam. Their action is aimed at stimulating the exchange of proteins and carbohydrates in the brain, when there are various forms of cerebral circulatory insufficiency:
- Vinpocetine is a remedy that corrects cerebral circulatory disturbances, which exerts a vasodilating, neuroprotective and antihypoxic effect. This drug selectively increases the blood flow of the brain, so oxygen flows much faster to the brain.
- Piracetam refers to nootropic drugs that improve the processes of metabolism and cerebral blood supply.
Osteochondrosis is a serious enough disease, therefore its treatment should include complex therapy.
Each tool is assigned to achieve a certain influence. To create an effective therapeutic scheme for each patient individually can only be a specialist. Therefore, do not suffer the pain, go immediately to a consultation, because only timely treatment will protect you from various complications.
How to cure cervical osteochondrosis at home
Now complex treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical region is possible at home. To achieve better health and alleviate pain symptoms is entirely realistic if one adheres to the right diet and leads a flexible lifestyle. Daily diet for cervical osteochondrosis should contain products that promote the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue, they include:
- beans, cereals, vegetables, fruits;
- containing proteins: nuts, eggs, low-fat varieties of poultry, fish;
- unsaturated fatty acids: flax seed, oily sea fish;
- products rich in calcium: milk, cottage cheese, leafy vegetables.
Excellent help vibroakkustichesky device "Vitafon", which in the treatment of osteochondrosis at home very well established itself. The device acts on the focus of pain with ultrasonic waves, as a result of which the process of cartilage regeneration is accelerated, inflammation of tissues passes and damaged cells are restored."Vitafon" does not cause any harm, because treatment is carried out by acoustic waves, which are natural for the human body.
Massage and self-massage
Successful treatment at home is done with a massage or self-massage. This procedure relieves tension, relaxing the clamped muscles of the neck. After massage, the circulation in the intervertebral discs improves, which gives a quick relief to the patient. The procedure of self-massage is performed sitting and is performed by rubbing, stroking and kneading movements in the nape. But in order to get a better effect, it's better to invite a qualified masseur.
Medical gymnastics has no less effect than medical treatment of osteochondrosis, and is the basis of recovery. Exercises do not take much time, especially since it is easy to carry them out at home. Gymnastics is aimed at easing the pain syndrome with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, stretching the ligaments and relaxing the muscles of the neck. But you need to do the exercises only after consulting a doctor and very carefully, so as not to harm the body.
Acupuncture is a very effective way of treating osteochondrosis, but not everyone will decide on acupuncture. For home use there is a similar device - needle applicator Kuznetsov, in which paired or single needles are located on a belt with fasteners or on a cushion. Even if only half an hour a day to lie on the applicator, it will provide the patient not only relief, but also recovery.
Recipes of traditional medicine
When asked about how to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical region at home, as a rule, means people's means. Herbal treatment is economical, effective, and most importantly - safe. You do not need to buy expensive medications to relieve pain, which can also have negative consequences in the form of side effects. To natural remedies that help with osteochondrosis of the cervical department, include:
- Horseradish leaves. It is necessary to attach the sheet from behind to the neck and fix it for the night. By the morning the pain will pass away.
- Potatoes. It should be rubbed with honey in the same proportion, so that the mixture resembled a consistency ointment. Use the product as a compress at least once a week.
- Compresses made from vodka( 1 liter) with freshly squeezed aloe juice( 1 tbsp.), Mustard powder( 1 tbsp.) And propolis( 50 g) are effective. The mixture is impregnated with tissue and applied to the neck, fixing with a woolen cloth, the procedure is carried out 1-2 times a week for the night.
Methods of preventing the disease
It is easier to prevent osteochondrosis than to treat it for a long and long time. Preventive maintenance includes observance of a posture, fitness exercises, employment on simulators, sports walking, yoga, swimming. It is necessary to sit properly at the table and computer, you can not throw your head back for a long time or tilt when lifting weights. When writing or reading, it is not recommended to bend low over the surface of the table, and during sleep it is advisable to use an orthopedic pillow.
Video: a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Neck pain is caused by displacement of vertebrae or jamming of nerve endings. This is familiar to people who have long been sitting in an uncomfortable position. When the pains sharpen, they become squeezing and burning, localizing on the occiput, in the shoulders and lateral sections of the neck. It is often felt tingling or numbness in the hands, when there is a spasm of blood vessels. Regular exercises will improve blood circulation in the neck, make the vertebrae elastic.
Before starting a set of exercises, you should conduct a test for cervical osteochondrosis. To do this, tilt your head forward and pull your chest out with your chin. Then rotate your head left and right. If there is pain when cornering, then you need classes first. See in the video the complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis from the doctor of sports medicine Alexandra Bonina:
Svetlana, 28 years old: "I suffer from osteochondrosis of the cervical department for many years. I tried a lot of money, but they only helped temporarily. I decided to purchase Kuznetsov's applicator. After the first application, the state of health improved for the whole day. Now I use constantly and about pains in a neck have forgotten ".
Maria, 36 years old: "I work near the computer, so the neck area hurts constantly. I'm saving with acupuncture - this is not a terrible and painless procedure. The neck after each session moves more freely, the head ceases to make noise, and pains leave. The doctor said that a couple more sessions, and I will be completely healthy! ".
Alexei, 38 years old: "I went through many procedures, but cervical osteochondrosis kept coming back. Now I understand one thing: you need to do gymnastics, move a lot and lead an active lifestyle not from time to time, but constantly, then there will be no osteochondrosis, and you will not have to spend money on his treatment. "