The knees are very painful: how and how to treatPain in the knees is a common complaint that is addressed to a doctor. Soreness and crunch limit mobility, forcing people to make frequent breaks when walking. Sometimes the pain becomes unbearable, breaks the habitual rhythm of life and makes sleep impossible.
Knee treatment is performed after a preliminary diagnosis, requiring a doctor's examination and a thorough instrumental examination. In order to determine how to treat the knees, the specialist should know all about the nature of the pain and its causes.
Soreness in the knees after injuries
The knee joint has a complex structure: mobility is provided by bones, muscles and ligaments. Damage to one of the elements of the knee joint causes pain, leading to loss of mobility. If the knee is very sore, perhaps this is a consequence of the following phenomena:
- meniscus rupture;
- bursitis of the knee joint;
- fracture or dislocation of the patella;
- knee joint dislocation;
- stretching the tendons or ligaments.
Meniscus is a cartilaginous layer inside the knee joint. When the rupture is torn off part of the meniscus starts to hang out, creates obstacles during movement. The victim has pain, difficulty in walking and knee extension. Possible causes of a meniscus rupture: trauma, degenerative changes of the meniscus in old age.Pain in the knees with bursitis due to inflammation of the periarticular bag - bursa. The causes of bursitis are diverse: inflammation of the periarticular bag can be a consequence of injuries, inflammatory joint diseases, excessive loads. Bursa is filled with blood, the patient has severe pain, numbness, mobility is limited.
Pain in the knees with a fracture or displacement of the kneecap( patella) is usually painful, intensifying when trying to lean on the leg or pull it out. In the case of a patella fracture, in some cases it is possible to probe or see the occlusion in the damaged area. The most common fracture of the patella is a consequence of a fall on the bent knee. A less common fracture occurs after a direct stroke of the kneecap.
Dislocation of the knee joint is accompanied by damage to the capsule of the joint and ligament apparatus. There is a dislocation due to a strong mechanical effect. The presence of trauma in this case is indicated by pain, swelling, impaired function and knee deformation.
Sprain of tendons and tendons supporting the kneecap arises from direct shock or as a result of movements with excessive strain on the knees. The stretching of knee ligaments and tendons is most often diagnosed in athletes engaged in weightlifting, football, basketball, hockey. When stretching, the diseased knee swells, bruises form, movement in the joint becomes difficult.
Causes of knee pain in diseases of
In arthritis, cartilaginous tissue of the joint is destroyed
In a situation where the knees ache and injuries are excluded, it is necessary to look for the internal causes of unpleasant symptoms. Pain in the knee area can be caused by the presence of the following diseases:
- Baker's cyst;
- dissecting osteochondritis;
- Osgood-Schlatter disease.
X-ray of a patient with osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is expressed in periodic pains that pass after resting or applying heat. Most often, the disease overtakes people of age. Deformity and stiffness of the joint appear in the patients.
Baker's cyst is a dense tumor on the back of the knee. The tumor causes discomfort, a feeling of depression, difficulty in moving. With large sizes of Baker's cysts, swelling is observed in patients. The causes of the appearance of the tumor: trauma, cartilage damage, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
With dissecting osteochondritis( Koenig disease), the bone-covering area of the cartilage flakes, the patient feels aching pain, which is intensified when trying to move the foot. With complete exfoliation, the cartilage region begins to move along the knee joint and makes it difficult to move.
The exact reasons for the appearance of Koenig's disease are unknown. There are suggestions that dissecting osteochondritis occurs due to microtraumas, endocrine disorders, bone growth disorders.
In Osgood-Schlatter disease, the tuberosity of the tibia and its nucleus are destroyed. The disease occurs most often in adolescents 12-18 years due to trauma. The pains in the Osgood-Schlätter disease gradually increase, are sharply manifested when squatting, climbing and descending the stairs.
How to properly heal the knees
Pathological changes in the bone of the Osgood-Schlatter disease patient
For the choice of the knee treatment method, the specialists conduct diagnostics, including examination of the damaged area, ultrasound, radiation diagnosis. A suitable diagnostic method is determined depending on the type of damage. How and how to treat sick knees, doctors decide on the basis of the diagnosis.
Treat injuries and knee diseases with conservative and surgical methods. Conservative treatment for fractures, dissecting osteochondritis, Osgood-Schlatter disease consists in providing complete resting of the damaged limb by applying a plaster band, orthosis or fixative bandage. When stretching, a special bandage is applied to the damaged joint. Pain in the knees, whose treatment is non-surgical, are reduced by taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Strengthen the effect of taking the medicine called for physiotherapy, massage, magnetotherapy.
In bursitis, the choice of method of treatment depends on the stage of the disease. In the acute period, rest is recommended, the use of a pressure bandage, the application of warming compresses. Traumatic bursitis is treated by injecting a solution of hydrocortisone.
Surgical treatment is used for meniscus rupture, displacement of the patella, Baker's cyst. When the knee meniscus ruptures, the treatment is performed by arthroscopy - a minor trauma surgery performed through two small incisions. During the operation, the detached part is removed, the inner edge of the meniscus is leveled. Baker's cyst is treated by prompt removal.
The pain in the knees, the causes of which lie in osteoarthritis, is reduced by changing the way of life. To slow the progression of the disease, it is useful to harmonize during the day the periods of activity and rest, the implementation of a special set of exercises. Also, patients with osteoarthritis are prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs and a course of physiotherapy.
Home treatment methods
It is impossible to cure a knee at home with severe injuries, but you can dull the pain for a while. Here are some effective methods how to treat a sore knee at home:
- taking medications;
- application of cold and fixing dressings;
- rest assurance;
- application of compresses.
Drug administration is effective with minor injuries( bruises) and with exacerbation of pain in patients with osteoarthritis. Reduce the pain will help the following drugs: ibuprofen, panadol, Tylenol. It should be remembered that all painkillers have a number of contraindications, so before their reception it is recommended to consult with a specialist.The application of cold is effective to eliminate pain and swelling after injury. If the nature of the injury is unknown, you should ensure that the leg is still, using a tire or a tight bandage, if possible. Painful symptoms of minor bruises and serious fractures are often similar, so it is advisable to be reinsured and go to a trauma center where the doctor will determine the severity of the injury.
Home recipes include the imposition of compresses. For the treatment of the knee with the use of compresses, a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey, a bulb juice, tincture of celandine, a decoction of dandelion. Compresses are effective for relieving the pain syndrome after bruises. In serious injuries, this method only temporarily disguises the problem, eliminating discomfort.
Knees - an important part of the body, which determines the ability to move freely. Any injury to the knees is the reason for contacting a traumatologist. If trauma is ruled out, and pain appears periodically over a long period of time, you need to undergo a test to establish the cause of the pain.
How to treat sick knees is determined only by a doctor based on the results of diagnosis. Treatment at home is permissible only with minor bruises, non-hazardous complications.
Pain in the knees: treatment at home. Folk remedies for the treatment of knee joints
The human musculoskeletal system experiences heavy loads in any movement. A very complex structure has joints, they often become inflamed and are injured. In this case, there are severe pains that impede the movement of a person and worsen the quality of his life. Especially often suffers from the patella. This joint has a very heavy load, especially in people with excess weight. And inflammation or trauma brings great suffering.
Not all people go to doctors about knee pain. Treatment at home of this problem, however, is not always effective, since without eliminating the cause, painkillers will not help. Therefore, the main thing in this problem is to put the right diagnosis. And to seek medical help preferably immediately, as soon as there was pain in the knee.
Which doctor can help
If the problem occurred after the injury, of course, you need to contact a traumatologist or orthopedic surgeon. Only they can recommend effective means for the rapid return of freedom of movement. But it happens that the pain arises suddenly, for no apparent reason. Who should I contact in this case? First of all, it is advisable to visit the therapist. He will prescribe tests and recommend which doctor to visit. Most likely, it will be a rheumatologist. In difficult cases, when the diagnosis can not be made, one can visit a neuropathologist or an osteopath.
Symptoms of problems
The disease can appear suddenly, the knee in such cases whines or shoots with sharp pain. It increases with walking, especially when you descend or climb the stairs. Sometimes even the slightest flexion of the limb becomes impossible, which makes any movement very difficult. Pain can be permanent, aching or strong, and can only occur when moving or at night.Joints can be aching after a heavy load or a long walk. The pain is most often localized inside the knee. But it can hurt also from behind, below a joint or above. And the pain on the side of the knee most often indicates physical damage. If the disease passes into a chronic form, the pain periodically ceases, but it can occur after any load, hypothermia, or even an infectious disease.
Who can grasp the pain in the lap
- First of all, the risk group includes the elderly.
- Athletes are often injured.
- People suffering from congenital predisposition to joint diseases suffer from it.
- Those who wear uncomfortable shoes.
- The knees often ache in people with excess weight, the problem can also appear during pregnancy.
- Professional activity can cause a malfunction of the joints, for example, those who have to stand on their knees or squat for a long time.
What causes pain
- Inflammatory or traumatic damage to cartilage and ligaments.
- Accumulation of fluid in the joint or its absence.
- Pinching the nerve.
- Strong weight due to excess weight or physical overwork.
- Foreign body entering the joint.
Causes of this problem
- Most often it is caused by chronic or acute arthritis. Because of it, the elasticity of the ligaments decreases and mineral salts are deposited in the joint, which causes pain.
- A little less common arthrosis - the defeat of non-inflammatory articular cartilage.
- In general, elderly people are referred to the doctor about the pain in the knees, which is associated with age-related changes in the joints.
- Crunch and pain in the knees may be caused by bursitis.
- Various household and sports injuries also often cause this problem.
- Congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders or certain diseases can also cause knee pain( gout, lupus, or rheumatism).
- Strong physical activity or excess weight.
- Vascular disorders and impaired blood circulation in the knee joint can also cause pain.
- The cause of the problem may be an infection or a tumor.
How to treat an ailment
Elimination of the problem only with pain medication is ineffective. First of all, you need to establish the cause of the pain, according to which the doctor prescribes treatment. Usually it is complex. What is included in the therapeutic measures aimed at eliminating this problem?
1. Pain relief with compresses, ointments and tablets.
2. Treatment of the disease that caused this problem. It can be conducted both in a medical institution and at home. Sometimes, local funds are sufficient, but in general, more medications are needed for oral administration or as injections. In complicated and neglected cases, surgery may be required.
3. The final stage of treatment should be the restoration of joint mobility. This can be done with the help of physiotherapy, physiotherapy or massage. In addition, you need to know the means of preventing the problem, since the patella has a complex structure and is very prone to damage.
4. What else is important to do with pain in the knees? Treatment at home necessarily implies adherence to a special diet and refusal from smoking and alcohol, which can exacerbate the problem.
First aid for pain
It's not always possible for a person to consult a doctor right away. But pain in the knees is very painful. Treatment in the home of the first attack is possible with the help of various means:
- first of all, you need to reduce the burden on the sick leg: when walking use crutches or walking stick, or even better - lie down;
- pain and swelling can be removed with ice;
- after a small injury, you can use elastic bandage, but do not tighten it for more than two days;
- to improve blood circulation in the aching joint, a light massage is recommended, which does not cause additional pain.
Treatment of pain in the knee joints should be comprehensive. Anesthetics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors for cartilage repair and restorative medications are prescribed. It is very effective ointment for knee joints, which includes diclofenac. The most famous of them are Voltaren or Orthofen. Very popular is also an ointment for knee joints with anti-inflammatory effect, for example, based on nimesulide. Good pain relief creams and gels with ketoprofen in the composition, for example, "Fastum gel," or based on ibuprofen, for example, "Dolgit."But some local funds often happens a little. Doctors prescribe patients painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of tablets and injections. The best remedy for knee pain is the tablets "Tenoxicam"."Indomethacin", "Diclofenac", "Ketanov" and "Naproxen" are also effective.
Folk recipes for pain relief
Medication often causes side effects, they can not be used for a long time. But often it happens that the knees ache for a very long time. Folk remedies in this case will be the best treatment. Below are the most popular and effective ones:
- cabbage leaf pribintovat to the knee at night;
- root of horseradish and raw potatoes grate and make a compress;keep it need not more than 15 minutes;
- take a tablespoon of honey, soda and mustard and mix well;with this compound to make a compress on the knee, it is possible for the whole night;
- very useful in the treatment of joints gelatin;it is recommended to make compresses with it, and also take inwards in the form of different jellies, sauces and desserts;
- an effective ointment, prepared from turpentine, egg yolk and apple cider vinegar( the smell is not very pleasant, but the pain passes quickly);
- many folk remedies for knees include various cleansing decoctions and infusions;the best are salt and slag from the joints of cowberry leaves, burdock leaves, walnuts;
- an effective remedy is chopped parsley with lemon, mixed with honey;
- well relieves pain in the knees ointment from the juice of celandine mixed with petroleum jelly;
- sometimes effective are soda lotions on the knee joint.
Exercises for pain in the knees
When acute pains occur, the recovery phase begins. The best means for this will be special gymnastics. You can do it yourself at home. All exercises need to be done slowly, without sudden movements and a heavy load on your knees. Walking, swimming and exercise bikes are very useful for this problem. If you doubt whether it is possible to perform any movements, it is better to consult a doctor. Useful strength exercises and stretch marks. It is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the legs and improve the mobility of the joints. To do this, you can use the lifts of the legs, slow bending them in the knees, semicircles, squats with support on the wall and attacks on the platform or bench.
This is an auxiliary method of treating pain in the knees. It improves blood circulation, which helps reduce edema and the disappearance of pain. The best thing in this regard is acupressure. If there is no opportunity to visit a specialist, you can do this yourself. For example, sit on the floor, put under the knees of tennis balls. If you move your legs, the balls will stimulate the points under the knees. You can also grasp the knee with both hands and rub it on all sides, providing impact on several points. But it is best to entrust this procedure to a specialist. Massage of the knee is done 15-20 minutes once a day. Apply techniques such as grinding, kneading and stroking. Massage both legs equally, even if the second knee does not hurt.
Prevention of pain in the knees
- It is necessary to monitor your weight, because it is because of this in many cases, pain in the knees.
- Shoes should be worn comfortable, it is best to use soft orthopedic insoles.
- The diet is also very important for joint diseases. It is necessary to exclude from the diet fatty foods and pastries, more vegetables, fruits, fish and vegetable oil. Useful turmeric and ginger.
- When doing sports and physical work, it is necessary to protect your knees from damage, not to overexert yourself.
- It is necessary to call the doctor in time, not allowing the appearance of severe pain.
Only if you follow your health, you can quickly and without consequences remove the pain in your knees. Treatment at home of this ailment can be effective, but often leads to complications. Therefore, for any discomfort in the joints should not engage in self-treatment, you need to see a doctor. After all, the knee joint is so important for normal movement that it is better to be safe than to walk on crutches.
The knee joint hurts - how and how to treat joints in the knees
It is known that the knees are the most stressed part of the human body. Over time, increased stresses lead to a person having a knee pain.
With a question, than and as to treat joints in a lap, it is better to address to the doctor-traumatologist.
Various injuries and other factors can cause a number of diseases. Pain in the knee is not a specific symptom that can signal not only about bruising or stretching, but also more dangerous problems. Today, a lot of modern methods are used in the treatment of knee joints. However, in order to find the most effective of them, it is necessary to know the cause of the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the knee area.
The most common diseases of knee joints to date are arthrosis and arthritis. With the timely establishment of the causes of their occurrence, treatment, as a rule, gives positive results. However, not always in patients who see a doctor with a complaint that the knee pain hurts, arthritis or arthrosis is diagnosed. The causes of pain and other discomforting sensations can be:
- Joint damage - fracture, dislocation, bruise, rupture or sprain of the knee ligament, fracture of the meniscus;
- Rheumatoid arthritis. It is accompanied by an inflammatory process, destroys the structure of the joint;
- Gonarthrosis. Reduces the strength and elasticity of the joint, which subsequently leads to its destruction;
- Infections. The causative agents of tuberculosis, influenza, gonorrhea and syphilis enter the articular tissues together with the blood or lymph flow;
- No infectious diseases - varicose, gout, psoriasis and osteoporosis.
The universal way, than to treat joints in the knees with severe pain, does not exist. That therapy, which is effective against one disease, is likely to be absolutely ineffective against the other. That is why it is so important to undergo medical diagnostics, which will not only determine the reason why the knee pain hurts, but will also allow us to see a complete clinical picture.
Modern medicine has developed several procedures for the study of joints for inflammatory and degenerative processes in them. To determine how to treat joints in the knees, the following diagnostic methods will help in part:
- Computed tomography;
If there are any knee injuries, you should immediately seek medical help from a doctor and do not try to heal yourself with the help of the first improvised means.
In those cases when the knee is aching, a combined treatment is usually used. Its main component is drug therapy. Medicines prescribed by medics are aimed at relieving pain and swelling, which often occurs in the inflammatory process in the joint. In the treatment of the knees, the following medicines are often used:
- NSAIDs( diclofenac, ibuprofen, etc.);
- Sleeping pills and sedatives;
- Warming ointments and gels for grinding.
Brief application of cold or warm compresses also helps to reduce pain for a while. In some cases, doctors prescribe to patients compresses with dimexid or lidocaine, which perfectly eliminate the pain syndrome and help reduce inflammation. The course of procedures is 7-10 days.
When talking about how to treat joints in the knees, you can except drugs, it's worth emphasizing the importance of wearing special bandages. Bandage limits movement of the knee joint, thereby reducing pain and improving its functionality. Also on sale there are fixing means, relieving the load, which falls on the diseased joint.
Reducing the load
If you have a permanent knee pain, adjust the level of physical activity. First of all, patients with diseased knees should avoid the following activities:
Than to treat knee joints: simple tips
The most widespread are arthrosis, arthritis and lipoarthritis - diseases of knee joints. The surgeon or orthopedist will help in establishing the cause of the painful sensations and the correct diagnosis. It is better to address them at the beginning of the treatment process.
knee injury with arthrosis
Knee joint diseases
Injuries are a common problem with knee joints, which are some of the larger joints in the human body. They include the tibia, the femur and the patella.
Bundles fasten the knee joint. To make the joint better slip, it has three bags - synovial membranes - with different twists, as well as articular fluid. In joints also there are muscles, ligaments, cartilages( menisci), which are part of the patellar ligament.
The knee joint can be injured due to sharp body movements when the feet are fixed, causing the joints to tear. Therefore, the most common injuries of knee joints are sports. Such types of injuries occur if the impact force is rather high( auto-traumas, professional bruises of football players, fighters, blows from falling from a height).
Joint ligaments have the property of inextensibility. Sometimes there is only a tearing of the ligaments, sometimes - a complete break in them, which shows a violation of the gait and instability of the leg in the joint. Less often, such a trauma as stretching knee joints. It appears at a load, the strength of which is greater than the elasticity of the ligaments. However, stretching often occurs with the ankle joint.
Among other ailments of the knee joints, one can distinguish a cyst of the knee joint. It is a stretch of the synovial bag under the knee. The cyst is easy to identify with the help of an ultrasound of the knee joint.
Treatment and prevention
If knee joints can not be treated by methods such as surgery, the use of medical massage and physical education, traditional medicine, the use of special devices( bandage, for example), then it is necessary to replace diseased knee joints with healthy ones. In prosthetics includes replacement of the failed parts of the bone of the knee joint with metalized or plastic components. The procedure takes place with anesthesia and lasts from 1 to 3 hours.
Knee uncover and remove excess growths. Damaged parts are replaced with new ones - from artificial materials. In the knee joints, unsuitable parts are repaired or the whole knee is replaced.
On how to cure knee joints and what measures to take to ensure joints were healthy, will be discussed below. There is such a symptom as "mouse in the knee".It manifests itself as follows: the knee jammed, movement limited. The pain in the joint gap is sudden, but you can tolerate it. The more movements, the more pain. The "mouse" here is a piece of cartilage, which is detached from the meniscus and moves in the joint. The knee wedges if this piece falls into the joint slot."Mouse" can arise in one place or another.
If you have painful feelings, you do not need to prevail and tolerate them. In this case, the movement will increase the pain. You can sit in a pose to swing your foot and with care to bend it, unbend it. Thanks to this simple occupation, the joint space widens and the pain senses weaken."Mouse" left a crevice in the joint and moved into the articular bag, where he continued his correct movements. Most likely, such a pinch will be repeated, but you do not need to treat it."Mice" for a long time do not live, but because after a while they will leave.
Stretching - optimal prevention
The possibility of re-injuring the knee joint is increased. Because the treatment is becoming more difficult and arthrosis is approaching.
medical gymnastics for pain in the knee
To prevent further similar injuries, it is necessary to give joints more opportunities to move. So it will be easier for them to withstand loads. To prevent injury, you must perform the following actions:
- Activity 1 Sitting on the floor, place your right foot right in front of you. The foot of the opposite leg is on the right hip. The left knee should lie on the floor. Then do the same exercise with the other leg.
- Activity 2 Sitting on the floor, connect the soles of the feet. Knees should touch the floor.
- Activity 3 Using the pose from 1 lesson, do inclines alternately to each straight leg.
- Activity 4 Using the pose from 2 sessions, lean forward.
- Activity 5 Sitting on the floor or on a stool, spread your legs widely, press your feet to the floor and move your knees towards each other.
Each lesson it is desirable to reproduce a couple of times a day for 1-2 minutes. With regular exercise of these exercises, the joint will not be disturbing.
How to treat arthritis and arthrosis
Prolonged diseases in the joints require treatment. Immobility, deformity, inflammation are signs of prolonged arthritis or arthrosis. These are quite common symptoms. For their treatment, medicines and therapeutic exercises are suitable. Below are the exercises for the treatment of joint diseases. They are very light and they do not feel any pain. By time, charging can be done starting from 10 minutes, gradually increasing the time.
- Activity 1 Sitting on a stool or on a table, hanging legs down and chattering them( at the same time: the right foot forward, the left one - back) with a distance between them about 10 centimeters. This is a painless exercise. It is carried out for 5-10 minutes several times a day.
- Activity 2 Sitting on a stool, press the soles of your feet to the floor. Then alternately tear off the heels from the floor, keeping the socks pressed to the floor.
- Activity 3 The position is the same as in the second lesson. Now from the floor you have to take off socks one at a time. The heels are on the floor.
simple exercises for knees
When performing the above exercises, no pain appears. Pain is not good for joints. And if it appeared, then it is necessary to stop the performance of therapeutic physical training.
In severe joint diseases, sessions 2 and 3 are suitable. They can easily be performed even while in a theater or on a bus. The therapeutic gymnastics is noiseless and convenient in execution. However, some of these movements are not enough to cure. To them, it is good to add medication, as the disease affects also tendons, muscles and an articular bag.
You can heal knee joints yourself. They need to work through 3 types of strokes: through the palm, through the finger, a slap. Slaps promote the inflow of blood into the affected area of the joint, affecting the skin. Slaps through the pressed fingers affect the joint bags, tendons, muscles, ligaments. Accents through the finger work gently, after them there is no bruising.
Occupation is a good start with patting your fingers over the affected area, to determine which you need to put your palm on your knee and bend-unbend your leg. Tapping on the kneecap should be applied to the side. Muscles are in a relaxed state. The impact strength varies, depending on the joint condition. For a progressive disease - weak tapping, for recovery or a minor malaise - strong.
Doing exercises, you can feel a little pain. The poplar cup is not patted. Affected areas need to be taped gently: first on a straight leg, then on a bent leg. Exercise ends with pats. The heavier the disease of the joints, the less it is necessary to exercise. All exercises should be done only after consulting a doctor.
How to treat joints with folk methods
Treating folk remedies in conjunction with traditional medicine is simply necessary for good results. Consider several recipes on how to cure the knee joint folk remedies.
folk remedies for the treatment of knees
- Laurel broth. It is necessary to boil 25 leaves of laurel about 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 3-5 hours. This infusion is an excellent anti-salt solution. Use it 12 hours after cooking, drinking small sips. The treatment lasts three days, in each of which the drink is prepared again. After the course, a weekly pause is taken, then the course is repeated again. Before you drink the broth, you must clean the intestines. If this condition is not met, an allergic reaction may occur. The process is carried out 1-2 times a year.
- A mixture based on rye seeds. 250 grams of rye seeds pour 2 liters of water and boil. When the mixture has cooled, it must be filtered and add 500 g of vodka, 1 kg of honey and 3 tsp.barbaric root. The mixture is stirred and placed for 21 days in a dark place. Use 3 tbsp each.l.before eating. The course will end when you drink this way 9 liters of the mixture. A recipe with horseradish. Mix 1 kg of minced horseradish and 4 liters of water, boil for 5 minutes. In the cooled mixture put half a kilogram of honey. The broth should be stored in a refrigerator. Heal this recipe well a couple of times a year. In the food of the sick it will be useful to include cottage cheese with an elevated content of calcium( add to it 1.5 tablespoons of calcium chloride and half a liter of milk).
useful recipe with horseradish
The composition is heated to 50-60 degrees, then cooled. The resulting mixture is filtered and settled in the dark. In the morning, the cottage cheese is ready for consumption. This method, along with charging and medicines, heals the knee well.
From the above it becomes clear that to establish the cause of pain in the knee joint is not so easy. That is why when you have the very first unpleasant sensations in the knee area, you should immediately consult a doctor for a comprehensive examination of the entire body.
Before you treat knee pain, you need to undergo all of the diagnostic tests prescribed by the doctor. The most informative and safe ones are:
- Survey, making history;
- General blood test( leukocytosis, anemia, etc.);
- Microbiological examination;
- X-ray examination( carried out almost always);
- If a suspected rheumatoid arthritis is prescribed serological analysis;
- Puncture of the joint( in this case, a certain amount of articular fluid is taken for analysis);
- Puncture biopsy( with suspected osteomyelitis or bone tuberculosis);
- Arthroscopy( technically complex manipulation, which is often performed not only with diagnostic, but also with a therapeutic purpose);
- Densitometry( mandatory examination for initial manifestations of osteoporosis);
- MRI and CT( the most informative examinations, which allow to detect even the slightest changes in the structure of the knee joint);
- ultrasound( it is appointed often enough, because it is informative enough and does not require large expenditures, for example, for traumatic injuries, osteoarthritis and other diseases).
How to cure pain in the knees?
If you have pain in the knee joint, do not immediately begin treatment with all available means. Such actions can lead to serious consequences. The whole point is that you need to treat the underlying disease, the symptom of which was pain in the knee. For this, it is necessary to go to the doctor and go through all the diagnostic tests he has been assigned, which were mentioned above.
Many people, having felt pain in the region of the knee, eliminate it with the help of topical medications( ointments, lotions, gels, etc.) However, this should not be done. It is very dangerous to use any medication without the permission of a doctor. In addition, it can lead to "blurring" the clinical picture, and diagnose the underlying disease to the doctor will be quite difficult.
What do doctors recommend and appoint when a patient has a knee?
The main directions in the fight against this problem:
- Maximal anesthesia;
- Prevention of pain, which consists in restoring the function and structure of the joint.
So, how to treat a knee? Below are the most effective methods of combating knee pain:
- Reduce the load on the joint to such an extent that there will be no unpleasant sensations. If the pain is acute enough, the best option will be a complete lack of stress on the joint and its fixation with a special bandage. The knee should remain as stationary as possible;
- For the purpose of stabilizing the joint during stretching or after trauma, it is recommended to wear a bandage or to knit the knee daily with a flexible bandage;
- In the absence of contraindications, hot compresses can be used. They are applied to the knee joint, thereby improving the microcirculation of the tissues. A similar effect is also possessed by warming ointments, for example, finalgon. When intolerable acute pain during the first day you can use cold compresses. They have a good analgesic effect;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are used, such as ibuprofen, paracetamol, etc.;
- Massage and manual therapy;
- Mud applications and radon baths;
- Physiotherapy, physiotherapy;
- In order to prevent pain, you must thoroughly knead the joint before training. And you need to do this with a gradual increase in the load.
However, not always these methods are enough to cope with the pain.
In those cases where conservative methods do not give a tangible effect, doctors recommend resorting to surgical methods of treatment.
However, even before surgical intervention the patient should undergo a course of physiotherapy and physiotherapy exercises - this will allow to remove the edema and to some extent restore the mobility of the joint.
After the preparation, an arthroscopic operation is performed, during which the surgeon tries to completely eliminate the cause of the pain. As a rule, after such treatment a person is fully restored within a month.
Treatment with folk remedies
Of course, treatment with folk remedies can not in any case replace traditional medicine. However, it is quite possible to supplement the basic treatment with the help of "grandmother's" recipes. In addition, most doctors are quite positive about this issue.
Experts recommend the use of folk methods when the disease does not carry a great danger to human health, but at the same time it gives him a lot of unpleasant sensations, for example, if you have to treat a knee injury.
The most effective and safe are the following methods:
- Daily soda lotion;
- Compresses with propolis, honey and medical bile;
- Rubbing of the interior beef fat;
You can also read an article about how best to treat cones on legs.
Why knees hurt? How to treat and what is the reason?
For the free and active movement of the body in space, the joints of the lower limbs of man correspond. Therefore, the appearance of even minor problems in the legs leads to a tangible loss of mobility.
More than half of all joint diseases occur on the knees as one of the largest joints that can withstand the entire body burden.
The main causes of knee pain
All diseases in which the knees hurt can be divided into several groups according to the prevailing mechanism of joint damage:
- Inflammatory processes in the joint( arthritis) and periarticular bag( bursitis).In arthritis, knee joints increase in size, crunch when bent. The general state of health worsens, the body temperature rises. Bursitis is characterized by the presence of a round protrusion in the region of the joint, which is a fluid accumulation. The cause of inflammatory diseases lies in the penetration of infection into the joint( through wounds, cuts, foci of internal infection).
- Degenerative joint damage - arthrosis. At the same time for a long time there is a gradual destruction of the internal articular surfaces, excessive proliferation of bone tissue. Since the load on the knee continues to exist, the destroyed joint does not have time to recover and is destroyed even more. Arthrosis is characterized by starting pains, i.e. in the morning or after prolonged rest, knees ache during bending and walking. Soreness occurs after squats or other load on the joint. Patients with arthrosis of the knee joints in advanced stages note difficulties in ascending and descending from the stairs, the appearance of soreness even in a state of rest.
- Traumatic consequences - intraarticular fractures, bruises, dislocations and sprains. For any type of joint injury, it is advisable to consult a specialist who decides what to do-to immobilize the joint or, conversely, to give it a functional load.
Causes of knee joint pain in pregnant women
Pain in the knees during pregnancy is explained by the sharply increased load on the joints of the lower limbs due to weight gain due to the uterus, fetus and amniotic fluid. In addition, in the last trimester, many have abnormal fluid retention( swelling) and weight gain, which also creates excessive pressure on the legs and hampers the normal functioning of the knee joints.
In the last weeks of pregnancy and in the process of childbirth, there is a powerful production of relaxation substances, softening articular ligaments. Due to relaxants, the ligaments of pelvic joints are primarily stretched, but it is possible to influence other joints, including knee joints.
For all these conditions, pregnant women suffer from knee pain even in a state of rest and at night. Within a few weeks after childbirth, the woman gets extra water out of the body, stops the production of relaxins, reduces weight, so the unpleasant sensations in the knees pass.
Causes of pain when practicing sports
When running and doing sports on foot( volleyball, tennis, soccer), the knee feels much heavier than walking. The fluid produced in the joint for its normal operation does not have time to form in sufficient quantity, and therefore the friction of the joint surfaces increases.
In the presence of knee injuries in the past, joint degradation under the influence of playing sports can quickly progress. If after the training( especially after running or jumping) there is pain in the knee joint, this does not mean that you have to give up sports altogether. Just need to revise the load options on your knees and replace the sport or set of exercises for a more gentle for the feet.
Causes of knee pain in children
The most common cause of pain in the knee joints in a child are injuries that result from excessive physical activity. Contusions can be suspected by the appearance of the knee - on the skin bruises and abrasions, swelling on the side of the impact.
If the child complains that the knee is hurting, infectious arthritis should be ruled out, which usually occurs some time after exacerbation of another bacterial( angina, otitis, bronchitis) or a viral infection. With this arthritis, the joint looks red, swollen, the general condition of the child worsens - the body temperature rises, lethargy, drowsiness appear.
Another cause of knee disease in children may be autoimmune arthritis( rheumatoid arthritis).In this case, in addition to the knees, the child will be included in the inflammatory process and elbows, as well as small finger joints. This type of arthritis is characterized by the "volatility" of the lesion - within a short time the inflammation passes from one joint to the other.
Treatment and prevention of pain in the knee
The knee joint should be treated by a specialist who, after examination, will find out why the knee hurts and how to treat this case. The treatment of pain in the knee joints is intended to reduce inflammatory and degenerative processes. For this purpose, all patients with knee pathology are recommended:
- to limit the physical load on the joint( including giving up weight lifting, walking on the stairs);women are advised not to wear heels, because due to incorrect redistribution of body weight, pressure on the joints increases. In some cases( complex dislocations), it is required to completely immobilize the knee with the help of longi or gypsum;
- undergo a course of chondroprotectors - preparations containing the substances necessary for the structure of the joints( chondroitin-sulfate and glucosamine).Chondroprotectors are prescribed for oral administration in the form of tablets, as well as externally in ointments and gels. In hospital conditions, it is also possible to administer these substances directly to the knee joint;
- use anesthetic, anti-inflammatory( corticosteroid hormones and non-steroid drugs) and antibacterial agents;
- beyond the acute stage undergo a course of physiotherapeutic procedures( mud applications, ultrasound and electrophoresis treatment);
- to load the affected joint correctly - with the help of exercises of therapeutic gymnastics. One of the best such exercises is a "bicycle" - in the supine position simulate the course of the bicycle pedals.
- in extremely neglected degenerative processes in the joint, surgical knee replacement is preferred.
Treatment of joints with folk remedies
In addition to the traditional methods of treating patients with knees, folk remedies are also effective in many cases:
Lotions with ammonia-camphor solution
Half a glass of ammonia( 10% solution) mixed with 10 g of camphor alcohol, add 1l of salted water( this requires 1 tablespoon salt per liter), shaken until the precipitate disappears. Warm the solution to a warm temperature in a water bath, moisten the gauze in it and attach it to the diseased knee. Top with polyethylene wrap. Hold for up to half an hour, 2-3 times a day.
Compress with cabbage leaf
Cut off a fresh cabbage leaf with a hammer, sprinkle lightly with salt to allow the cabbage to drain the juice. Apply to the knees for several hours, fixing with a bandage. Another variant of this compress is to apply a thin layer of honey to the cabbage leaf, otherwise the procedure is the same.
Tincture of saber
100 g of dry stems to infuse for 3 weeks per 1 liter of vodka. Take inside for half an hour before a meal of 1 tbsp.l., diluted in 50 ml of water. Tincture can be rubbed into a diseased knee or make of it lotions.
A piece of wax the size of a matchbox, yolk and honey( 1 tbsp) All mixed in a water bath, with a tampon applied to a sick joint for the night.
Folk methods, like medical gymnastics, must be coordinated with the attending physician, because by ignorance a person can easily harm himself( for example, when using beekeeping products in a patient with allergic diseases or when trying to develop a joint with a dislocation).
Prevention of diseases of the knee joints is aimed at preventing infection in them( timely treatment of chronic inflammatory foci), reducing the load( combating obesity, wearing fixative bandages) and strengthening the ligamentous apparatus of the joint and bones( gymnastics, swimming, cycling, eatingin the food of foods rich in calcium).
Remember that good and timely treatment of knees, as well as preventing injuries and relapses of joint diseases, will keep active mobility for years to come.